The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening All!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot's de HVAC guru, but my guess is de new pipes got sum trash in dem dats caus'in de problem wit de sensor,What cha think Scot?
Yes and probably not. New pipes will have dirt, pipe joint compound, air, and "mascara" left behind if any connections are soldered so I hope they put sediment traps at each termination (appliance), which is nothing more than a tee with a 4" nipple (straight pipe) pointing down with an end cap or plug in it. BUT the technician is very incorrect because propane burns way dirtier than natural gas. Propane is very "smutty" when it is burned and in turn is very corrosive. I.E. forklifts that run on propane in warehouses eventually leave black dust all over everything that is stationary. New furnaces have several "safety" limit switches, sensors and even the gas valves are more complex than a simple set of low voltage contacts. With that being said, more complex = more potential problems. Hopefully they will do the right thing and get it done right the first time. But Sandy, what ever you do, opt for the maintenance plan where they check it out twice a year.

Yall have a great nite, I gotta get up way too early. And I was just informed that I have to work on Christmas Day , but it's only for 4 hrs.

Scot

Pat, How 'bout shar'in your Burbon Ball recipe?
X2
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM

Thumbs up Bourbon *****, no not those, these

This Recipe should make about 3-1/2 dozen thereabouts

The parts you need:
1 Package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers finely crushed
1 Cup confectioner's sugar (powered sugar)
1 Cup finely chopped pecans (pea-cans)
1/4 Cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup bourbon (plus whatever you need to drink while making the *****)
1/2 cup granulated sugar

Assembly instructions:
Thoroughly mix all ingredients (using your hands not your feet) except the granulated sugar set it aside for later. Pinch off pieces and shape into ***** approx. 3/4" - 1" in diameter. Roll ***** in the granulated sugar and store in tightly covered container. Store in cool place (the refer works good for this) Let set for three days the eat away. keeps up to three weeks. Mine never last that long. Enjoy

Rum ***** - substitute rum

Brandy *****:

substitute - 1-13 1/2 oz of graham crackers
8-ounces finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup orange liqueur
1/3 cup brandy

There you have it
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:44 PM

Looked mighty tasty until I got to this part!
Originally Posted by citcapp
1/3 *** brandy
Old December 19th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Looked mighty tasty until I got to this part!

Fixed that's funny right there
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:51 AM
CQR

Gonna have to try that out. I'll use black cherry Bourbon. Thanks Pat.

Happy Tuesday all.
Just got finished putting beans and hocks in the crock pot.
Attachment 178940

Nice catch Rob. Hope it warms up a bit for you.

Good to hear that Uncle Sam is keeping you busy enough to stay out of trouble Scot. I think they cut wayy back at our PO. Sometimes not getting out mail untill 7-8 p.m.

Last edited by CQR; December 20th, 2011 at 04:56 AM.
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:53 AM

I've been making rum ***** for many years at Christmas, got it from my mom. Many, many, years ago when I was but a teen, dear ol' mom made a big batch, put 'em in a couple of containers along with a load of others goodies made at this time of year, well, we thought we ate 'em all until about March I found some undiscovered ones in the spare room where the goodies were kept. Well, they were hard as rocks, and I tell ya, they made really good ammo for my wrist rocket sling shot!
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Missed ya yesterday! We're having a rain/snow mix out here this morning, but temps are about 33 and heading up so we'll have all rain later on. Calling for rain tomorrow too and around 50. Then chances of snow.... who knows? I'll take this weather over the feet of snow anyday!!!!

Spent all friggin day at Linda's yesterday. Started wrapping her gifts around 11:30 and didn't stop until around 5:15. Had to make a quick trip to Wal Mart too. I was tired when I was done. But it's all done now!!

Nicole called me yesterday and said she chipped a front tooth so back to the dentist she has to go tomorrow. Both of her big front teeth were broken off at an angle when she was in 3rd grade, so they bonded them, and thru the years the bonding chips or breaks. She has to be careful not to bite straight down on hard rolls or candy and such. So I don't know how she chipped the one this time. Reckon it'll be fixed tomorrow.

Had a wonderful time at Bellacino's last evening!! Left Linda's and got over there around 6ish. There were a lot of people there, which I was glad to see! Brad made some money on food and drink, that's for sure!! My friend Ron with the Gold Cutlass S wasn't there though, so I couldn't give him his Olds calendar. I'll have to drop it off to him. But it was nice to see all my guys, lol! We might get together every 3rd Monday through the winter.

Scot.... I hate to say it, but....... I spent 45 minutes in line at the PO yesterday to mail my Olds calendars. They had 2 people at the counter. I was # 11 in line, and by the time I got to the counter, the line behind me was out the door! I counted 27 people waiting. I said "good luck" to them as I walked out! Now come on folks.... it 's Christmas time! I know Twinsburg has more than 2 people to work the counter!!!! I should have stopped at the Ravenna PO - it's smaller than ours here and probably wouldn't have taken so long. Tis the most wonderful time of the year.............

Larry didn't call the furnace guy yet. We have 30 days, I guess. It ran and worked like it should last night. It seems to come and go. Citcapp.... they did change the orifice thing. We had to buy a conversion kit that had all that new stuff in it. Our furnace isn't new. It was supposedly new when it was inspected when Larry bought the house back in 1999. It's a Goldman (?) brand, I think.

That bean soup looks good, Clint!

Well better get something done. It's quiet in here. You all have a great day!
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:25 AM

Mawn'in all

A little dank dis mawn'in

Pat,

Thanks, I'm gonna make me sum of dem today.

CQR, Dat's might fancy smancy bean soup cha got thar. Looks yummy.

Rob, If'in ya want to see sum funny auto correct text messgae, let me know. Sorry most aren't suitable for CO.

Sandy, Cha remind me of de ole say'in "If it ain't one thing........it's two."
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Good morning all

Another day in paradise (not) but who cares is the season to be jolly right.

That soup does look good, my wife makes something similar nothing like ham hocks for flavor that's for sure. Are you sure we aren't the food forum? I am sure I have gained 10 pounds since I joined CO.

Have a great day all
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All!

Thanks Pat for the recipe as well. I'll definitely have to grab a few ingredients at the grocery store this evening so I can try to whip up a batch, whilst I enjoy a few bourbon, ice and water's

Clint the USPS are cutting way back on a lot of things as well around here. Which in turn makes more of a stressful scenario to get the mail out on time with all of the cut backs. And I am NOT impressed with the way they are running it either. There are some children that could do a better job of moving the mail, but I'll save that story for later.....

We have counter space for 5 "windows". A window has a POS 1 machine that is connected to a network, scales, printer and has software that is constantly updated. They used to run only 4 windows. Well they removed 1 just before I got there in Sept. and here it is Christmas and we are an Air Force Base town and only have 3 windows The line is out the doors daily and they just cannot see how much revenue they are losing, but I won't get into that either. For now anyways

Sandy hopefully there was just some air or debris in the line and is all good now. I think you may have a Goodman furnace, I've never heard of a Goldman. They are all basically the same anyway. I hope it doesn't give you any more probs

Scot
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Welp,

Gotta run to de stow and get me sum Vanila Wafers. I got a BFH and de rest of de stuff.
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM

Morning all, the weather is overcast but thats fine by me, keeps the place cooler

X2 on your furnace sorting out its own problems Sandy. It's a pain in the bee-hind when you get something new like that and it doesn't work properly

I will have to try that recipe Pat, I try most from CO

That stinks having to work Christmas day Scot, I'm not a big fan of Christmas but they would find it hard to get me to work on Christmas

That soup does look good, any chance for a recipe?

Turns out I have to flush the brake lines in the 98 so I will be doing that on my days off over Christmas

I only get 5 days then back to work. Machine's shut down and pulled apart for maintenance over the Christmas period. This year it is 3 weeks. I will have time off when it suits me

Have a wonderful day everybody

Adrian
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Ausraven
That stinks having to work Christmas day Scot, I'm not a big fan of Christmas but they would find it hard to get me to work on Christmas
Adrian
Yep you said it, and I am seething mad about it. But on the bright side a few months ago, I didn't have a job so I am fortunate to have what I have.

Jamesbo, I definitely need some nilla wafers amongst other things my Crown Royal is runnin low and down to refill status No worries though I know how to fix that
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
CQR

This was a joint effort between myself and the missus. If it turns out ok I will find out what she put in there before she left for work this morning. I only know what I put in after she left.
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cutlass Lover

Scot.... you're right, it's a Goodman furnace, lol! Shows ya what I know!

Adrian... wish I got 5 days off for Christmas, lol. We get Monday off. Thats it!

Clint.... are you getting snow dumped on you from this latest storm? I see some people were killed in New Mexico and it's a pretty bad storm.....
Old December 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
my Crown Royal is runnin low and down to refill status No worries though I know how to fix that
Scot, Dat's de differnace betwix you flat landers and us'in sophisticated Hotlanta Boys. We was drug up on Cokes and Varisty chili dogs.

Pat, I'm hav'in a bit of a problem wit de recipe. I think I tasted too much bourbon before I stared us'in de BFH on the Vanilla wafers. My thumb is swell'in up sum'in aweful. Maybe if'in I self medicate my thumb a little mo, I can get thru wit it.
Old December 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
CQR

Naw, Sandy, We only got maybe an inch out of it. Its worse down south of us, but the sun is shining and the sidewalks already melted off. The thing about Denver Drivers is they don't need snow to off themselves. They seem to be able to do it with partly cloudy skies.
Old December 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Well, it's not looking like Christmas at all here. Still waiting for snow. Today was 5C when I went out today. Any snow that was around was melting fast.

Can't even leave soft drinks outside to get them cold. Oh well, it's only the first day of winter. Days will start getting longer now and I'm sure we'll get snow sooner or later. As much as I'm enjoying not shovelling, this could be the 5th green Christmas that I've experienced in 15 years.
Old December 21st, 2011, 04:59 AM
CQR

I'd love for you to take the white around here Ken. We've had it longer than I can remember.

Bean Chili soup:

3 cups beans (assorted dry beans and peas.)
32 oz. chicken stock.
3 Tbsp Chili powder
Smoked ham hock
3 Sprigs fresh Rosemary cut into 1 inch legnths
6 cloves peeled and quartered garlic
1/2 small white onion chopped
1 tsp cumin
3 bay leaves
1 tsp basil leaves
1 tsp cayenne
salt & pepper

clean and rinse beans, then soak overnight.
put all ingredients in small crockpot (1 gallon)
top off with water(make sure not too full so as not to boil over)
cook on low for 10-12 hours. then let cool. (Will be better after the first day.)
The missus de boned and cut the fat out of the pork, (i woulda left the fat on )

Make sure you don't have any meetings in close quarters for the following 24 hours.

Happy humpday.
Old December 21st, 2011, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda warm but wet down ere

I luv dat bean soup recipe. I'm gonna try it. Sounds like it might "light me up" tho.

I always make Navy bean soup with Honey baked ham bones left over from de holidays.

Scot, I wit you. If ya got a job dur'in these times .............you're well off.

Donny [DonL/442] and I went fer a noon time repast yesterday and chowed down on our usual Fried Chicken livers, green beans and smushed taters.

I'm look'in forward to meet'in up with John [Bee-Oh Pee] in Dillard next week.Anyone wanta join us fer sum southern style food?

Happy Hump day

Sandy, How's de heat werk'in?
Old December 21st, 2011, 06:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's in the high 40's here now and raining like the cow on the flat rock, lol! If all this rain we've got would be snow.......... I myself don't have to have snow at Christmas - I don't mind it being green at all!

Not much going on here. Clay is off the rest of the week so it's quieter in here. I saw an email Brian sent to Clay yesterday complaining about me turning on my fan, lol!! Sorry, but 76 degrees is a little friggin too hot!!!!! Especially since he's in short sleeves like it's summer, and I'm in Christmas sweatshirts. Not heavy ones because I know I'll die in here. I have several pretty ones I can't even wear in here because it's too hot. Right now it's 74 degrees in this tiny office, and I'm gettin hot! So the fan will be going on soon!!

Brian is one of those that instead of getting his own heater - like the rest of us have - he'll turn up the heat with no regard to us others. Same with the AC in the summer. Because he gets hot, he thinks the rest of us are too, and cranks up the air. I have a fan I can turn on. He needs to buy himself one of those too. It's always all about him......

One of my favorite sayings is: It's easier to sit in the dark and bitch about it, then to get up and light a candle. That is sooooooo true for Brian! Nicest guy you'd want to meet, but such a gurl, lol!

Clint...... so your bean soup is chili tasting, huh? Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if Larry would like it and try it over the winter. Maybe I could bring some for lunch, and Brian would be happy for me to turn on the fan in the afternoon, lol!

I packed up all the cookies and fudge into tins to give away, last night. That took hours. I love that rubber mat I got last year to stand on when I'm doing things like that. It really helps my back.

Well you all have a great day!
Old December 21st, 2011, 01:42 PM

I packed up all the cookies and fudge into tins to give away, last night. That took hours

So all of us will get our packages before Christmas

Thanks Sandy
Old December 21st, 2011, 06:58 PM
CQR

Welp, I just got done with my batch of *****. Thanks Pat.

The Missus bought a bottle of red stag by Jim Beam. Black cherry flavored. Makes that winter time treat even more festive.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by CQR
I'd love for you to take the white around here Ken. We've had it longer than I can remember.

Bean Chili soup:

3 cups beans (assorted dry beans and peas.)
32 oz. chicken stock.
3 Tbsp Chili powder
Smoked ham hock
3 Sprigs fresh Rosemary cut into 1 inch legnths
6 cloves peeled and quartered garlic
1/2 small white onion chopped
1 tsp cumin
3 bay leaves
1 tsp basil leaves
1 tsp cayenne
salt & pepper

clean and rinse beans, then soak overnight.
put all ingredients in small crockpot (1 gallon)
top off with water(make sure not too full so as not to boil over)
cook on low for 10-12 hours. then let cool. (Will be better after the first day.)
The missus de boned and cut the fat out of the pork, (i woulda left the fat on )

Make sure you don't have any meetings in close quarters for the following 24 hours.

Happy humpday.
Most of the country is going to have a green Christmas , they're calling for 5C on Christmas Day.

That Bean Chili soup sounds good...if you're a non-smoker . I'll have to get my wife or mother-in-law to make it. Thanks.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 04:58 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... not feeling much like Christmas this week..... they got me starting a new job and it's an uphill climb.... I've been busier than all get-out.... not as much time to surf, as I had the last couple months.....can't wait to get on the road to "Jawja"! Jamesbo, looking forward to it.... any other recruits welcome! I'll call you before end of week to be sure we have our day straight.... I think we said Wednesday the 28th? Need to set the time.
Hope everybody has a great Christmas!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:24 AM

I stared us'in de BFH on the Vanilla wafers
there's your problem, ya gotta hit the wafers....not yer thumb. I put the wafers in a freezer ziplock bag (heavy duty) and use a rolling pin to crush them, just don't wear a tie doin' it, an you'll be fine.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:26 AM

Good morning....
Things are quiet here at work - not a creature is stirring, not even the janitor!

Gotta run to de stow and get me sum Vanila Wafers. I got a BFH and de rest of de stuff.
A BFH to use on the 'nilla wafers? That's kinda like sandblasting a saltine cracker...
My mom always used a rolling pin...

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Larry didn't call the furnace guy yet. We have 30 days, I guess. It ran and worked like it should last night. It seems to come and go. Citcapp.... they did change the orifice thing. We had to buy a conversion kit that had all that new stuff in it. Our furnace isn't new. It was supposedly new when it was inspected when Larry bought the house back in 1999. It's a Goldman (?) brand, I think.
I had an intermittant problem on a furnace once and it turned out to be the control board. The company would not honor any warranty on it so I pulled it and found it had a lot of bad solder joints. I resoldered them all and within an hour, it was fixed for good.
Did they change the venting at all for the gas conversion? If some of these things do not draft right, they will shut down. An obstruction in the venting can cause issues when the wind is just right to add a little more obstruction. My mom once had a mud dauber nest in hers. Wind finally blew it down and it fell int he furnace room - was as big as a softball.

Originally Posted by 442much
Most of the country is going to have a green Christmas , they're calling for 5C on Christmas Day.
Looks like a few parts of TX might be seeing some snow!

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Mernin', all... not feeling much like Christmas this week..... they got me starting a new job and it's an uphill climb....
Best of luck on the new job. They are always challenging at first, but hopefully everything will just fall into place in a few weeks.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Really warm dis mawn'in

Like I own a tie. Ah a roll'in pin. Should a thunk of dat first.

Welp,

Yesterday Luiz y Rogellio show up wit a plate of Luiz's home made tamales [cause she knows I luv dem] and Oscar shows up with a couple racks of ribs and sum pulled poke.

Guess what? I had no probelm mak'ing decision. Had em both, Kinda a Tex- Mex fare.

Speak'in of Saltine Crackers. Have I told y'all to brush dem wit clairfied butter and toast dem fer a few min. Yummy wit soups/salads. I think Adrain had sum when we ate lunch at de golf course.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another dark cloudy day here.... it's getting old already. Temps at 44 degrees now, and I believe that's where we're staying. I'm not complaining about that!! It got up to 58 degrees yesterday!!!!! It was great! I walked at lunch time, and the SUN peeked out for a couple minutes! God it felt so good on my face, lol! I just stood there with my face turned upwards!!!! It didn't last, but it was sure nice to see it.

We're not gonna have a white Christmas, which is OK with me. It's supposed to be pretty much the same as what we're having now. Maybe some flurries tomorrow. I'm with John.... I'm not feeling like it's Christmas week at all. People are everywhere and rushin around like idiots..... it's just more commercialized every year.

Nicole stopped by after the dentist yesterday - which cost me $158.00 - so I could see her rebonded tooth. Looks good. Last time she chipped it was 6 years ago, so that's not bad I guess.

Rob..... the furnace guy told Larry that it's that flame sensor thing when he was out converting the furnace over. I don't understand it...... it kicks on, you hear the gas and hear it light, then it goes off. A minute later it tries again. Then the fan comes on and blows for a couple minutes. If we drop the temp. down while the fan is blowing, like from 70 down to 65, then after the fan shuts off, if we put the temp. back up to 70, the furnace comes on, you hear the gas, you hear it light, and then it blows like normal!!! It's usually good after that for the rest of the night. It's been doing it once a night. I don't get it? Larry ordered another one of those flame sensors and is going to change it as soon as it comes. So we'll see if it's that, if Larry doesn't blow up, lol! This crap scares me.

Tonight is our Christmas dinner..... I'm not looking forward to it. These guys are not a fun bunch to be hanging out with, ya know?? Especially after being with them all day long.

It's up to 74 in here already. Steve has his heater on out there, and I'm about to turn on my fan and pizz off Brian, lol! He's in his short sleeves of course, and I have on a Christmas shirt - sleeves rolled up, and I got my sandals on... to hot for socks and shoes! I'm watching the temp creep up towards 76 and that's just too damned hot in this little space. God I love being evil, wicked, mean and nasty, on occasion lol!

Well you all have a great day!!!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:59 AM

Got this 3 minute video sent to me. It's a promotion by Alberta Tourism. This is my backyard, hope you enjoy it. Most of this is within a 1 hour drive of our car show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ThFCg0tBDck

Last edited by 442much; December 22nd, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM

Good Morning all.

It is sunny out now, but everything is covered in ice. We had about 11 hours of freezing rain yesterday.

Bourbon *****? Never heard of them, but I do enjoy rums *****. The bean chili soup looks good too.

It's not looking like we are getting a white Christmas here either. I like to have snow on Christmas. But if it didn't start until Christmas Eve and all melted on Jan. 2, I would be happy.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy all. I've been around these parts since October and just now thought I should check in and see what I've been missing.

I'm in Georgia, own a 70 Cutlass, and am looking for another. I'm a mechanic.

I will probably start looking at the other 78 pages to get caught up.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Mike
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:41 AM
CQR

Welcome Slantflat.

Well Sandy, We got you're white christmas. I just opened 1.5 hours late due to moving snow. C'mon Summer!
This was at about 6:30 this morning.
Attachment 178908
Attachment 178909
Attachment 178910
Attachment 178911
Attachment 178912
Attachment 178913
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:48 AM

Clint, My boy is at Fort Carson. His kids are hav'in more fun dan your dogs.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
CQR

I bet so. IIRC. This weather was way more fun when I was 10.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Holy crap, Clint!!!!! Keep that out there, you hear?? That's what we looked like last year at this time. I'm sooooo thankful we don't have it this year! That's just depressing. Your dogs are cute!

Mike/Slantflat...... glad you joined up with us on our thread!!

Paul.... you be careful out there in the ice if you have to go out!!
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM

hey Clint.. Send some of that good white stuff onto the Better side of the Mountains.. it is hard to claim the greatest snow.. when there isn't any..

we had less than 1" this am.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM

Holy Moley, that's like we used to get when I was a kid. We did get about 1/2" or less yesterday but I cleared that in my running shoes. It was melting as I was clearing. Time to break out the snow mobiles, not Olds mobiles.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM

You can keep that right there in Denver Clint. Looks like your dogs are saying. "Whats the master doing out in that stuff when he could be with us in this nice warm truck, yeah the other says he has always been a little nuts
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Well, Gal, you have to fight it.... always remember what Christmas really means and spend some time putting that belief into action, then the money-grubbing loons can scream, run, and holler until they drop! They can't change the real meaning for you.
Rob, you're right.... I'm actually pretty excited about it... it's just the first couple weeks are an uphill battle.
Everyone have a great holiday! I'll check in next week.
Merry Christmas,
John

"People are everywhere and rushin around like idiots..... it's just more commercialized every year."