The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2011, 01:06 AM

Morning all....

He did it...

http://www.wsop.com/news/2011/Nov/36...MPIONSHIP.html

Nice Day..

Udo
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:03 AM
CQR

Congrats to him. 65.

Morning all. Didn't get our snow this week. looks like mid 60's by the weekend.

Sandy. I'm a little over 200, but I don't worry about it unless it gets closer to 250. That was the high-line before the Pharm companies got involved and lobbied to get it lowered to 200. I've changed my diet completely, no fast food, eat lots of veggies, etc, etc, and it stayed about the same. Some bodys just have more and keep a higher level.

Happy Mowing Adrian, Kinda glad I have my mower put away for the winter.
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:19 AM

Morning all.

Jamsbo,

I walk by the tips on some link golf courses and with my game I couldn't clear the even clear the hazard with my drive and wonder how these guys do it. I guess that's why I don't give up my day job

Gee Sandy a nice day and Teepo is locked away. poor girl. It won't be look and we will start to hear a serious whine. Like Jamsbo says eat your oatmeal.
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:06 AM

Mawn'in all

A little brisk dis mawn'in wit sum lite showers dis afternoon.

Dis weather makes me want sum comfort food and a small fire in de wood stove to take de dankness out of de air.

Think, I'll cook me up a pot roast tonite wit carrots and taters.
Heck, I mite cook me up a "Down Under" style pot roast dis time in de ole Dutch oven. Heck, I may put de Dutch oven on top de wood stove and sing "Tie me Kangaroo Down boys..........."

Dag nabbit, Now I got my mind back on dat scene where Linda Kozlowski start'in to fill her canteen. [It always happens when I get in an Australian mood. ]
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:16 AM
CQR

Wow, Jamesbo. Thats a blast from my past. Haven't heard that song in a long while.
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A little weak sun out here this morning and temps in the low 50's. It's nice! Supposed to get rain later and tonight, tomorrow, and it could mix with snow Thursday night into Friday morning. Cold air is a comin in......

They showed on the weather last night that we've had 12 straight days without any rain...... First time since Jan. of 2010 that we've had this long of a stretch with no precipitation!!! That sucks, lol!

Sure would be nice to have some heat in the house!!!! Larry is gonna call the gas co. this morning and see what the excuse is this time. We bought a bigger electric heater for the living room last weekend. But it's cold in the mornings when we get up. I don't leave the heaters plugged in overnight or when we're not home.

Got a good checkup from the dentist last evening, which is a good thing. It was x-ray time, so add that to the bill.......

Citcapp.... you be up early over there on the left coast, lol!

Clint.... Glad the snow missed ya!

Jamesbo..... you make me laugh, lol!!!

As for the cholesterol, I read labels and try to watch.... My newest thing to be watching is CARBS!! I've got this "muffin top" belly flab thing starting, and I don't like it!!! I don't care how many crunches I do, the flab is still there. So try figuring out carbs... it's really confusing, lol! I stay away from sugar as much as I can too. I've used Splenda in my coffee for a good many years, and use it on cereals and such. Do you know that a 'gram' of sugar is like a teaspoon full???? Just about everything has sugar added in it. It's hard to try to eat healthy with all the preservatives and crap that's in food nowadays. I realize I'm gonna die someday anyhow, but I'd sure like the quality of my life to be good while I'm still living it, ya know? It's nice to feel good instead of tired and drug out all the time!!

So on that happy note, you all have a good day!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 9th, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chilly dis mawn'in. Got a few sprinkles yesterday and las nite.

I think, round 'bout February, the * New* Good Morning Thread folks should meet up in Key West, or Islamarada.

We could all get a tan, drink sum drinks wit umbrellas in dem. Watch fer cats wit too many toes and have a grand ole time while de rest of the folks freezes thar buns off.

Whatcha think?

Fresh catch of de day served wit Conch Frittters washed down wit a banana daiquiri.

Truth is, I've always had a secret desire to be what Papa, [Hemmingway] refered to as a "Rumy"
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:40 AM
CQR

You must get to do a lot of thinkin' Jamesbo.

Sounds like a plan. Happy Friday Eve everyone.
Old November 10th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's chilly here - in the 40's, and it ain't goin much higher today. Could get wet snow tonight with rain. But the weekend is looking good and warmer next week!

Jamesbo..... I like your plan! Can we stay until the first part of April??? Then maybe it will be starting to get warm here by then. "Oh Cabana Boy.... bring me another Mai-tai please"...... I've always wanted to say that, lol!

Steve is off tomorrow, and Clay will be leaving at noon, so it's gonna be me and Brian here on our own. It's gonna be a long afternoon..........

So I am excited........Finally am a member of the Olds Club! Got my JWO magazine and a little card and a sticker I can put on Teepo in the mail yesterday! I see our new friend UDO from Germany listed as a new member in the magazine. Also a few people around my area here. I'm not in there yet, though.

I brought my magazine in with me today so I can read it in awhile when I get bored.

Have a good day all!
Old November 10th, 2011, 06:53 AM

Congrats Sandy you've taken another step towards Olds sainthood with your new membership in OCA. Now remember to say your three Hal Olds each night before you go to bed.

Jamsbo I'm there man 13 months to go until retirement and the motorhome is beckoning me to travel. My sister had one of them cats, had 6 toes on each front paw, weighed 21 lbs. used to beat the crap out of the dogs that came around the house. Jumped from the roof of the house and went right through the top of my 46 cad convert. Geez the things you remember when the mind finely wakes up in the morning.
Old November 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Pat,

Ya better head dis way soon. Hate to see de motor home caught in a pass like the Donner Party.
Old November 11th, 2011, 03:19 AM

Good evening all, warm night here around 70

Got the mowing done and some trees trimmed but man was it hot out there. I had to have 2 beers just for a start

Got the car almost tuned right so it isn't running as hot so I took her for a little drive to get some dinner tonight, ran good thankfully. Little exhaust pop but that was about it.

Have you tried anything from your book yet Jamesbo?

12 straight days with no rain hasn't happened since Jan? That is just wrong on so many levels Sandy

I could go with a trip to Key West too come to thing of it Jamesbo. I only got as far south as Orlando 3 hours in the Miami airport doesn't count

Got this emailed to me, thought ya'll would get a kick out of it,

You know you're Australian if ...

* You believe that stubbies can be either drunk or worn.

* You think it's abnormal to have a leader called Julia.

* You've made a bong out of your garden hose rather than use it for something illegal such as watering the garden.

* You understand that the phrase 'a group of women wearing black thongs' refers to footwear and may be less alluring than it sounds.

* You pronounce Melbourne as 'Mel-bin'.

* You believe the 'l' in the word 'Australia' is optional.

* You can translate: 'Dazza and Shazza played Acca Dacca on the way to Maccas.'

* You believe it makes perfect sense for a nation to decorate its highways with large fibreglass bananas, prawns and sheep.

* You call your best friend 'a total bastard' but someone you really, truly despise is just 'a bit of a bastard'.

* You think 'Woolloomooloo' is a perfectly reasonable name for a place.

* You're secretly proud of our killer wildlife.

* You believe it makes sense for a country to have a $1 coin that's twice as big as its $2 coin.

* You understand that 'Wagga Wagga' can be abbreviated to 'Wagga' but 'Woy Woy' can't be called 'Woy'.

* You believe that cooked-down axle grease makes a good breakfast spread. You've also squeezed it through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.

* You believe all famous Kiwis are actually Australian, until they stuff up, at which point they again become Kiwis.

* Beetroot with your Hamburger... Of course.

* You know that certain words must, by law, be shouted out during any rendition of the Angels' song 'Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again'
And "Living next door to Alice".

* You believe that the confectionery known as the Wagon Wheel has become smaller with every passing year.

* You wear ugg boots outside the house.

* You believe that every important discovery in the world was made by an Australian but then sold off for a pittance.

* You believe that the more you shorten someone's name the more you like them.

* Whatever your linguistic skills, you find yourself able to order takeaway fluently in every Asian language.

* You understand that 'excuse me' can sound rude,
While 'scuse me' is always polite.

* You know what it's like to swallow a fly, on occasion via your nose.

* You know it's not summer until the steering wheel is too hot to handle and a seat belt buckle becomes a pretty good branding iron.

* Your biggest family argument over the summer concerned the rules for beach cricket.

* You shake your head in horror when companies try to market what they call 'Anzac cookies'.

* You still think of Kylie as 'that girl off Neighbours'.

* When working on a bar, you understand male customers will feel the need to offer an excuse whenever they order low-alcohol beer.

* You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto, goodo etc.

* You know that there is a universal place called "woop woop" located in the middle of nowhere...no matter where you actually are.

* You know that none of us actually drink Fosters beer, because it tastes like ****. But we let the world think we do. Because we can.

* You have some time in your life slept with Aeroguard on in the summer. Maybe even as perfume.

* You've only ever used the words - tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet
- to mean good. And then you place 'bloody' in front of it when you really mean it.

* You know that the barbecue is a political arena; the person holding the tongs is always the boss and usually a man. And the women make the Salad.

* You say 'no worries' quite often, whether you realise it or not.

* You understand what no wucking furries means.

* You've drank your tea/coffee/milo through a Tim Tam.

* You own a Bond's chesty. In several different colours.

* You know that some people pronounce Australia like "Straya" and that's ok.

Have a great day everybody

Adrian
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:10 AM
CQR

Happy Friday all. (And happy veterans day.)

Heckuvalist Adrian.

Well, have a sick dog today. hope everyone has a great day.
Old November 11th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Veterans Day!

Well it happened. We have our first friggin snow. It's pretty much covering everything, but no accumulation. I really really hate snow on my scarecrows, lol! It's starting to melt as the sun is out now and it's a whopping 36 degrees! Gonna get some southwest winds today so we're gonna warm back up. I love the southwest!!

.....12 straight days with no rain hasn't happened since Jan? That is just wrong on so many levels Sandy

Adrian..... That's since January of 2010, lol! Pretty pitiful, huh?? No wonder we're called the Rustbelt! Think I'll take a trip to "woop woop" and forget about things, lol!
That's a funny list!!

Clint.... Hope your dog feels better and it's nothing serious.

Well I reckon Scot has the day off today? There was hardly any traffic on the roads this morning..... amazing! Guess a lot of folks are off today. Bank and post office workers and others. I liked the drive in today, lol!

Steve is off today. Clay is leaving at noon. Hope it's a quiet afternoon.

Jamesbo.... Where are ya this morning?? Doing something other than posting on CO, I guess huh?

Wolfie has disappeared on us again.

Well you all have a great day. Happy Friday!!
Old November 11th, 2011, 06:10 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by Ausraven

Have you tried anything from your book yet Jamesbo?

Adrian
Yes, I made Ringers steak and onions and Beer Drinkers Trout. Y'all sure use alot of beer to cook wit. Both were realy good-Thanks

Pat, Beer Drinker trout is a trout stuffed with bacon and steamed in foil with beer. Bacon+ beer= yummy

Clint, I hope your pup is Ok.

Sandy, Did cha make a snow angel? Did cha post it on Youtube?

Dis is how my super model views her dash lites.
Old November 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Good morning all

Sandy, still too early to start the whining you gotta wait a least until Dec. 1st.

Adrian, I got about a 1/4 of that Your know your an........... man you guys talk funny

Jamsbo, Sounds like my kinda cookin. Beer like bacon goes good with anything, now you put bear+bacon+trout sounds interesting. And yes Fosters tastes like ****

Yeah where is wolfie and Don both are hiding out on us
Old November 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's funny Jamesbo! And it makes perfect sense too.......
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:40 AM
CQR

Happy Saturday.

Have to go to group therapy this morning, but then the kid gets to come home. She'll be starting partial care from here on out, and be spending the day there and the nights here at home. I thought by now it would be about finished, but I honestly think The hard part has just begun. Have a great day!
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda quiet round ere dis mawn'in.

My sister in law's Psychic told my wife I was runn'in round on her.

Geeze Louise, When ya got psychic powers werk'in against, you're in a hurt'in.

Where in de Wild Wild Worlds of Sports do lunatics come from?
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:22 AM

I have a co worker that I keep at arms length, his psychic told him to divorce his wife...he did! (probably the best thing that happened to her!).
Old November 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM

Hi all...

The weather forecast for the next days looks darned well..
So I go to refuel my Cutlass and enjoy the last
dry days of this Year.

Happy Weekend

Udo
Old November 12th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a beautiful day here today. Had sun and 60 degrees! Didn't do much today. Went and got the yearly 6 inches cut off my hair and had it thinned. I should do this in the summertime, lol. It would be much cooler. Maybe I will have it done again in June. It should be grown back by then. Came home and ran the sweeper and did laundry. That was about it.

Heading to Newton Falls to the cemetery tomorrow with Lin and Nicole to take mom's birthday arrangement to her. Her birthday is next Tuesday, but it's supposed to be rainy and would be dark while we were there, so I figured we'd go early. It's supposed to be in the 60's again. Then we'll head to the DQ and have our hot dogs with sauce, before they close for the season. So there goes my day tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good one!!
Old November 13th, 2011, 03:41 AM

Evening all, quite hot today, not good for sleeping

We do have some pretty funny sayings down here lol

I have never been much of a believer in Psycics myself

I have decided to work over Xmas this year so I can take holidays later in the year instead. Maybe they will give me another month off that would be nice

Time sure flies when your having fun, already on my last night shift

Have a good day ya'll

Adrian
Old November 13th, 2011, 04:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Chilly dis mawn'in.

My step son, his squeeze and de "Beagle from Hell" are ere dis mawn'in to shock my nerves befo my first cup of coffee.

Gotta toss dem out shortly.Got to families coming today to hopefully buy lots.

GTG

Have a beautiful day.
Old November 13th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Morning all! got a nice 60 degree day coming today in upstate NY! We are gonna put out the Christmas lights outside this afternoon while it is nice and warm. Nothing worse than trying to do that job when its 20 degrees. Not much else but watch the NY Giants play and drink a few Genesee beers! The cars are all put away and its time to get my sleds ready for the snow! We go from the car season to the sled season here, its crazy but fun. Have a great day!
Old November 13th, 2011, 05:50 AM

Good morning all

cool and rainy here, snow in the mountain passed. The Ski guys are love'n it. As long as the white stuff stays in the mountains I can live with it. Show doesn't really bother me its all the crazy drivers that otta stay home that drives me nuts.

Working away on the 48 as time allows. I am really busy at work, in fact I am taking a break right now and will be working most of today, same thing yesterday. The good news is I make my last trip to Mississippi next week. I'll be glad to be done with that

Have a great day all
Old November 13th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was warm, but cloudy and windy today. No rain yet. Nicole and Klaus (one of the grand dogs) came over this morning and got ignored by Larry, so we left to go pick up Lin, and we all went to the cemetery. Ate at the DQ after we were done and headed back this way. We had an enjoyable day.

The Beagle from hell is back, Jamesbo?? Hope you survived the day, lol!

Talk to ya tomorrow... have a good evening!
Old November 13th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I think, round 'bout February, the * New* Good Morning Thread folks should meet up in Key West, or Islamarada.

We could all get a tan, drink sum drinks wit umbrellas in dem. Watch fer cats wit too many toes and have a grand ole time while de rest of the folks freezes thar buns off.

Whatcha think?
I like the idea.

Surprisingly still no snow up here. And I am enjoying it. They are calling for an overnight temperature of only 10C, in November.

I finally got working on my Cutlass. The HEI is now in and working on starter wiring.

So, with all the current issues right now, one of our Senators wants to debate changing the National Animal of Canada from the Beaver to polar bear.

If I asked what animal you picture when thinking of Canada, what would it be?

Have a great week everyone.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:09 AM

Mawn'in all

50 and a little cloudy rite now. Spose to hit de low 70's dis afternoon.

De "Beagle from Hell" has done gone back to school wit my step son and his squeeze. I won't have to start drink'in before 7 a.m. now.

Rite before she left she took off after Mosbey [The Grey Ghost cat] fer one last romp wit de howl'in bellows.

I'm not sure what happened but she chased him howl'in into de liv'in room and de next thing I know she's run'in out bas ackwards with Mosbey in hot persuit. I think ole Mosbey had had enough and was fix'in to shred her flobby ears into spagetti.

Y'all have a wonderful day

Welp, It's Monday, so quess what.

Originally Posted by car_designer
If I asked what animal you picture when thinking of Canada, what would it be?
Never given it alot of thought but I guess I'd say a Moose.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:40 AM
CQR

I agree Jamesbo. Moose sounds about right. Beaver would be next and Polar bear? No, that one doesn't even come up in the top 3.

Happy Sledding Darrel.

Happy Monday all.
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well it's raining - surprise, surprise - but it's in the high 50's now and heading to the upper 60's. Rain is supposed to get heavier later on. Adding more to our precipitation record, lol!!

Jamesbo... glad to hear you and Mosbey survived the visit, lol!

Paul.... happy to hear you're working on the Cutlass!!

Clint... I heard about a big storm in Denver - did you get it where you are??

Where's Scot?? I'm missing him!

Have a great Monday all!
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:11 AM

Good morning everyone.

Another nice, warm, sunny day here.

I just posted links to a bunch of pics I took while I was in Ohio a couple of months ago. There might even be a few of Teepo.

Have a good day.
Old November 14th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Good day all,
Thought I'd pop in and say hello and let everyone know I'm still kicking. Decided not to sell any of my cars just yet. So I just put them away for awhile. Doctors still haven't figured out whats wrong with me. I've lost 30 lbs in the last 2 months and I'm not even on a diet.On the positive side I can see my feet again. Talk to you all later.
Old November 14th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Cutlass Lover

Glad ya dropped in, Bulldog! Hope the docs figure out what's goin on soon! Take care!!
Old November 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM

Good mid-afternoon

Up and off early this morning so unable to say good morning today. cool mix rain and sun. This time of year we get crazy weather. Glad to hear from you Bulldog. Hope everything turns out ok, seeing your toes is a good thing helps in tying your shoes

have a great afternoon/evening wherever you are
Old November 15th, 2011, 04:31 AM
CQR

Well, Happy Tuesday.
Sandy, no we didn't get any snow. it was forecast for today as well, but they changed their minds again. looks clear all week although a little cold.
C_D Enjoy the weather, cuz we know it can't last forever.
Well wishes are being sent your way Bulldog
Pat, don't forget to smell the roses.
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in all

Warm [50's] but a slight mist dis mawn'in.

Got anutter funeral today round dinner time. [Dat's noon to all you foreigners]

Kinda busy today

Y'all have a wonderful day.
Old November 15th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy here this morning, but no rain. Supposed to get clearer later and in the 50's. Boy did the weather get BAD yesterday afternoon here! We had thunderstorms move in which lasted all evening. Heavy hard rain and wind and hail. Tornado watches out everywhere. It was ugly!!! The temperature shot up to 69 degrees though, so I opened the windows in the house to let the warm in, lol! It was warmer outside than it was inside!

Gonna get cold here though tomorrow night in the 20's.

I get to leave at noon today. Have to go have a bone density test to see how much more bone I've lost in the last 2 years, lol. Last one I had done was 2 years ago, and I had los 4% more bone than 2 years previously. Osteoporosis..... a wonderful thing. Mom had it, so I reckon it's trickling down. Today is mom's birthday! She would have been 90! I sure miss her.

Then I have to head to Ravenna to take Lin for her yearly appointment with her heart doctor. That should be the last of the doctor appointments for the year!!! It's slow and boring in here anyhow, so the guys can handle it.

Clint.... glad the snow missed ya!

Jamesbo... you out there?? Nevermind..... we posted at the same time, lol!

Have a great day all!
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Good morning all

Partly cloudy with wind and rain later today. Gotta go up on the roof and clean the gutters from all the ceder and maple tree droppings so they don't overflow. What fun, this will go on until the winds have blown all the debris out of trees.

Just another day in paradise. Well at least I don't have to worry much about snow like some of the rest of you.

Have a great day
Old November 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM

good evening folks from sunny perth

have a mild problem trying to sort out with wifey, life would be a bit easier if i could install a baby seat in the 71 cutlass for the very occaision pickup from the carer. Has anyone done this before? i have realised the immediate deduction of street cred i will take on but it'll make our lives a bit easier. Car only has lap belts across the back, over shoulder has been installed in the front as per our requirements over here. Wishing you a wonderful morning over there

Russ