The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old April 21st, 2019, 08:16 AM

Morning all,
Happy Easter from way up north!!!!!
Old April 21st, 2019, 08:24 AM
Oh no, not again...

Good Morning!

Glenn, that car looks fantastic! Congrats on the Best of Show award, you deserve it. Glad to hear the day went well!

Looks like it'll be nice around here today, time to get to work in the garage...
Old April 21st, 2019, 09:31 AM

Evening everyone.

Was at garage today. Got pretty little done- but far forward on completion. Did let the ghost from AC to skies, and stored most of it. Evaporator box or whatever it is, is there anymore.
Decisions, decisions. I might someday install it back, but for now i have no need for it, since i rarely even use it at mine or wifes car even both have it.

Allan R - I paid about $350 for it, was for sale at discount price. You could get cheapest crap mowers for around ~$150 here, but decent ones start from $250

Nailheadcanuck - Any pics of that RCA Victor? My Brother is onto old radios, its his hobby. He has some marvelous things. He makes a good business with them too, being electrician, he buys broken ones for cheap, fixes them and sells usually for good money, especially considering its usually few dollar component which has been broken

redoldsman - Congrats for trophy. Your car looks really nice on pictures for sure

Well well, i quess ill go to play with my little guy before he goes to sleep, then ill heat the sauna. Crap that tomorrow aint working day, id rather be making money
Have a day all!
Old April 21st, 2019, 08:37 PM
Oh no, not again...

It was a busy day.
Got the wheels changed off my wife's beater today, got the winter tires safely put in the shed so now I have unfettered access to the Electra again, I don't have to climb over crap to get to it. The cleaned out the garage, pulled all the vehicles out, washed the floor and cleared up the winter crap that's laying around. I must have washed 10 pounds of road grime and grit away.
I was going to power-rake the lawn, but as it went, there was this company doing it for a neighbor. A quick deal and $60 in cash later, my lawn was done and there are 12 bags of dead grass awaiting pick up tomorrow. At least I hope they pick it up, in this day and age of environmentalism and "green" thinking, I'm not sure, I assume one day I'll have to make up a compost pile and have it stink up the neighborhood. The key point is I've saved my back.
Got to do some gratuitous Wildcatting today, took the Wildcat out and filled it up. $90 from a 1/4 full. Wow...but it was happy with me afterwards. The car is a blast to drive, and I have to be really careful not to get a ticket in it. It just loves going fast. It still has an original unmolested motor in it, it's never been apart. It's starting to get a bit tired, it rattles on dead-cold start up and the oil pressure takes a few seconds to build, but once it's there it's "on", no smoke, no noises, just power. The starter might be going in it too; - it drags on the first crank. Will have to check the battery charge first,
Ended up getting the old RCA Victor into the house, over great protests from the better half who has no appreciation for old machinery. It's a "Magic Eye" floor model and I think it dates to about 1939-40. It does work, I saw and heard it work, but I'm going to have to blow the dust out of it before I have it plugged in, the damn thing could be a fire trap. The voltages those things run is incredible. I've got a cat who likes to climb into things and that's the last thing we need, burnt ***** if she climbs in and shorts it out.

Here's a picture of it, ignore the modern stereo on top of it:

And then to top it off, I fixed an old Omega bumper automatic today. It had a bad mainspring, and it just so happened I had a spare. So I stripped it down and installed a new spring and it took right off. It's about as old as the radio, it's a 1947 Omega bumper, - sort of pre-Seamaster, but every bit as good.

So I'm done...and then to work tomorrow...rats, I envy all of you who are retired.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:26 AM

Congratulations Glenn

Mike, Nice view, Maybe a BIG sump pump would help

Came home to 2 plumbing problems\

Called plumber to come so I can go smack whitey

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 22nd, 2019, 04:35 AM

Marc, neat looking old radio, I can imagine a 40's family circled around it listening to a Lone Ranger show! Speaking of that I really miss the old Prairie Home Companion show, now that Garrison Kieller is gone off it it is called something else and is completely different. I used to love listening to the "skits" that were on it. It really could take you away in your mind to whatever was happening in the story. I'm sure just like the old shows that were on the radio could do. Similar to how reading a book is many times more satisfying than watching a movie.
Well yesterday was just beautiful, about 70 and sunny. Did some yard work, cleaned out the fire pit that the previous owner left full of half burnt wood and junk. Raked leaves ,etc. Used the old Craftsman rider mower to pull the ashes and leaves over to the woods. The Quad has no differential in the rear axle and really tears up the yard so the mower is better for that though it doesn't have the UMPH the quad does. Today is supposed to be nice too. I took out my old F100 yesterday and we went to get ice cream at the Dairy Queen. We didn't do anything special for Easter. The Olds is still in the barn, probably will get it uncovered and out this week.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 05:50 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Started at 4 this morning, and signed off 3 wheels. Most of the other people screwed around and didn't get any wheels built, that's okay I'm still getting paid. The lead wasn't here, that's the reason.

Didn't do squat yesterday. It was beautiful out and I stayed inside and snoozed all day. I'd play with Tiger, look at the internet, then take a nap. Then repeat. I had a few things that would have taken me away from the house, but I didn't want to leave Tiger, since I was gone all day Saturday. I did go to Walmart but was only gone about a half hour. At the end of the day I was still happy with the day. Can't go wrong spending time with your dog.

Who is an expert at Freemont build sheets? There's a car I want to look at, it's on ebay and in fact there's a thread about it, a red 67 442 convertible. They have the build sheet and the only date on it is 6-16. I assumed that was the day the car was built, but the FB tag says 06C. Could they have printed the build sheet on Friday and then not built the car till Monday? Would they have printed the build sheet and then sat on it until Wednesday? Did it take 4 days to build a car once the body was received from Fisher?

Hm, wasn't sure that was going to work but it looks like it from here.

Work is slow, hope it picks up we have a full load to get out today. I'm going to mail some bills after work, get some medicine, and maybe take the car to have the wheels balanced. I have a funny feeling I'm going to have to take that car out again soon, a friend of mine's dad isn't doing very well and they are afraid the end is near.

Well I'll continue on and hope everyone's Monday starts out well. See ya's.

Last edited by slantflat; April 22nd, 2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 09:53 AM

Not a bad old piece, adds class that old radio.
Now you need a borsalino hat and an old pipe, you be set with the old radio!!!!
I have a old ish home stereo system from Sears, think mid 70's. Record player and radio, in storage atm.
Want to bring in the house but wife wont let, so will go in my man cave. Beat her one way or another!!!! lol

Well been home for 2 weeks after being on the road for 3 months working night shift, dam it feels good to be home!!!!
Not looking forward to leaving for work any time soon. Nice playing around home, taking care of old projects and new ones.
Kelvins new engine build project, get his 442 going. Almost finished his CR85R rebuild, be fun to rip around on that little thing.
Lawn mowers almost done, 2 push and 1 riding is done. Wife's riding mower is next, muffler and solenoid. The she be ready for the races!!!
Burnt the old grass on the 5 acre, maybe start some dirty work there soon!!!

Have a great one boys!!!!
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:39 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Called plumber to come so I can go smack whitey
James- I smacked Whitey for both of us this morning; in fact, I beat the living Sh(% out of whitey for you - he had it coming.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:49 AM

Norm, How'd ya play?
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:54 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, How'd ya play?
Dave- You ever take a ride on a really large ferris wheel or roller coaster? Currently, my game is all over the place - 76, 87, 83, 79, 84, 83....

Dave? Who the heck is Dave?

James, sorry. Too much sun for me!

Last edited by Vintage Chief; April 22nd, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 01:47 PM

Glad I;m not the only one playing military golf.

Right, left, right left

41 on the back side. We won;t talk about the front
Old April 22nd, 2019, 05:06 PM
Always room for one more

Beautiful evening.

Just got back from the first Summit cruise in for the year. Huge turn out. And three Oldsmobiles. Two 72 convertibles that at least one was a poorly done fake 442, and a 67 4 door Supreme that was dug out of the junkyard and fixed up. Also in attendance was a Deuce and a half, which was beyond cool, the usual bevvy of Corvettes, a 59 Ford retractable, and a vintage Packard that might be a kit, but if it was it was very convincing. Real nice time. Wish I could have stayed longer but I need to get to bed.

Just as I was leaving a 66 Dynamic convertible came in on weird looking big gold wire hoopties. Such a shame. It sounded nice.

Early for overtime tomorrow. I had an extra when we finished this afternoon so I'll be ahead of the game. Not that it matters, I was 5 or 6 short of the number I needed when we finished. Two hours a day doesn't sound like much but over the two week pay period that's 20 hours of overtime, rather substantial.

Okay it's off to bed. Tiger has been out, we've had a treat, and I've had it. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:11 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Olds Friends:

Thanks for the compliments and kudos guys. Awards are not that big of a thing at car shows but it is still fun to get them and especially a Best of Show. I have had three of those. We had a nice Easter but the step DIL that just had the step great granddaughter a few weeks ago had and attach with here gal bladder and she, her mother, sister, daughter and significant other were not here. I had four 5 pound hens cooking on the grill (picture attached). We would up giving one away to an elderly couple and putting one in the fridge. Two of the chickens were beer can chickens (#2 and #4) and the others were cooked on the roasters. I used my Webber iGrill that monitors the temp and shows it on my phone. Pretty slick and is very accurate. I took Lucy for our walk this morning and then drove the Olds over to the trim shop to see about getting some repairs done on the parade boot. They were closed until the 30th. Too bad it was a crummy drive through 4 school zones and about 8-10 traffic lights. Worked out in the garage a little when I got back. Mike the plan is to get the 57 in the garage in the 3rd or 4th quarter this year. Gotta get started on it because I am getting too old. I have included a picture of the chickens right before I took them off the grill and a picture of my award from Saturday.
Have a good evening guys.
Glenn
Old April 23rd, 2019, 01:55 AM

mawn'in

Glenn, Beer up the but chicken is one of my favorites

Sooooooooo, The real problem with owning an 1896 house started when I bought it in 1976. it was a tenant house with a left over hippie living in it with hose clamps on the plumbing and pennies in the 4 fuse box.

As I began making the thing up to date, I'm fairly certain that many of the contractors I hired thought "This guy won't live here 2 years. Consequently the old house suffer from what is without a doubt sum of the $hitiest work I've ever seen anywhere. When all the plumbing was replaced [all the easy to get to plumbing was replaced. ] So yesterdays repair job cause another leak in the inner wall of the shower in the center of the house. So when I got back from smacking whitey around, I hear more water running and had to shut off the house water once again. The plumber is coming back at 8:00 to enjoy the crawl space. Fingers crossed he does walk away

So I'm now in the garage apartment to SSS this a.m. .Guess it beats the bushes

Having a historic home isn't what it's cracked up to be, It's a maintenance night mare that I've really grown weary of.

I have to think back to the days before I bought this place and lived with a bunch of swinging singles in an apartment, Jes walked out, closed the door and went fishing in the Bahamas for a month or two.

I guess I've become a prisoner of my posssessions

Norm, Here's "Dave" https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...7&action=click

Old April 23rd, 2019, 06:15 AM

Wow, James, that statement " a prisoner of my possessions" is spot on. I've never heard it before though it describes me to a tee. It really bothers me when I have something and it isn't completely up to snuff. At least now that I'm older I recognize it, and I have actually passed on purchases knowing that I won't be able to keep it up well enough.
Today the wife and I another couple are going up to Boyne City Mi. to pick up a CP sign I bought on ebay. I retired from Consumers Energy which used to be Consumers Power. I like the look of the emblem- It is a CP but in cursive and looks sort of like a "6". Anyway I want to put it in my barn as a night lite. So that should be a fun trip probably will stop somewhere and eat and look around. About a 200 mile round trip. Have a good day all!!
Old April 23rd, 2019, 09:51 AM

32° cooler than yesterday, when we hit 80°. That won't happen again for awhile. Survived Easter, saw my great niece and her kid, my 1 1/2 years old, great, great, nephew. The live in the U.P. about eight hours from me. Got the oak leaves from around the fence mulched and bagged. Cut up and bundled the broken tree branches, and rolled a big rock to a new location with the help of my brother. Couldn't get the damn thing onto my dolly, so we rolled it ten feet. Other than work, not much going on.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:23 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful again. Long day at work. My wall man kept disappearing so that meant I had nothing to do. Luckily he's getting another job soon and we won't have to put up with his shenanigans. He's an alright guy but he needs to grow the F up. Got another small head start for tomorrow.

Gotta run out in a bit. I'm going to try to beat the State at their own game. I lost the renewal for the convertible's insurance, and when they sent me the reminder I set it aside and began thinking it was something else. So I happen to see it and it had about two more days before the drop dead date, so I promptly sent in the money, but I don't think it's going to get there in time, and if they tell the state my insurance has lapsed, even for one day, the state will bill me $25 "for not keeping my insurance current." If I don't pay it they suspend the registration and if I still don't pay it they suspend my drivers license. So I'm gonna cancel the registration. I don't drive it anyway, what's the big deal. Then in a couple months when it's time to renew, I'll renew and the insurance will be there and they'll be none the wiser.

Jamesbo got news for you, it doesn't have to be a 100 year old house, it can be any house that is a maintenance nightmare. The people who lived in my house previously took turns throwing each other out, didn't pay their bills, and basically neglected everything. So I thought it would be a great idea to buy the place and move in.

Okay time for a transformation from work Mike to casual Mike. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 07:56 PM
Oh no, not again...

It was one of those days...

Survived a brutal ordeal today, ended up going for jury selection and luckily, I didn't end up on a jury. Was in the courthouse for the entire day, from 8 until 4. The clerk said it was a record, normally the process goes until 7 PM or could take as long as a couple of days. This is the second time inside a year I've been summoned to appear for jury selection, and the worst thing yet is it could happen again. It's no wonder they took away anything sharp, hid the ropes and barred the windows, there were a lot of people who would have done anything to end the pain. I thought I saw a guy trying to slit his wrists with a car key, - man, what an ordeal.

No wonder the justice system doesn't work. The sheer process of it can drive a person off the deep-end. Ok, so I'm a bad person for not wanting to do my "civic duty". There are a lot of others who would be far better at it than me; I did a couple of years of criminology and I know things about the system that would have gotten me excluded anyway. I know enough to be dangerous to myself; - that's about it.

So tomorrow it's back to "life", I'm actually looking forward to it.

I'm mentally spent; going to bed, - have a good evening.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 08:07 PM
Running On Empty

41 Front, 42 Back
Old April 24th, 2019, 03:00 AM

Marc, I'd hate to trust my fate to 12 of my peers that didn't have enough sense to get out of jury duty

Norm, Nice round. If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll take ya out to kick my a$$ around the course.

Well plumber came, crawled around and said " I'm gonna have to come back tomorrow." Fingers crossed

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:11 AM
Running On Empty

37 Front, 45 Back
Old April 24th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day. Wasn't looking like it earlier, I took a walk down through the hangar and it was cloudy and breezy. Got out of work and it's sunny and warm. That's how I like it.

Work was busy. Went in early and started at it and didn't stop until we were done. The rumor was that when we got done we would go. The president is in town and we were hoping to beat the traffic nightmare that the motorcade creates. But alas, regular time came and then we left. I heard him speaking on the radio as I was driving home so we were in the clear.

Here's how smart I am. Yesterday I raced to the tag office to cancel the registration for the convertible, to avoid a penalty from the state. Guess what. It wasn't the convertible that I needed to cancel. So now I wonder, since the deadline was 1201 this morning, if the insurance company didn't get my payment and they pulled the plug, if the state knows about it yet and have already put in the fine. I think I'll take a run back and cancel the Corvette's registration, which is the car I should have done yesterday, just in case. It's just sitting so it doesn't matter. Yes a lot of stuff just sits around here. I need to get a plan together so that stops happening.

Jamesbo are your fingers crossed that the plumber will fix the problem, or that he will come back? You should have a crawl space like mine, you can stand up in it and walk around. Why the hell they didn't make living space out of it is beyond me.

Norm you played two games today? Good show.

Okay gonna go do something. Hope everyone is enjoying Hump Day.
Old April 24th, 2019, 01:24 PM

Mike, If you'd add a track hoe to your stable, we could lift the house off the foundation and dig a bigger crawl space.OR better yet, We could siphon all the fuel out, pour it on the house and burn it to the ground

BTW, Why would you call a space you can stand up in a "Crawl Space:

Plumber came back and fixed the problem 5 hours later.

Note to self NEVER be a plumber

Norm, Good round. I got in 9 after the plumber left 43 front

Allan, come out come out where ever you are
For your viewing pleasure "Jungle Pam"
Old April 24th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Running On Empty

This home had ~6" sag in each room. It has ~2' - 3' crawlspace. I (not they) shored up & leveled the entire home by removing all the old pillars and replaced them w/ concrete (not cinder) CMU (I did hire a part-time gimp to assist). This home (built 1930) is the 2nd home (built 1901) I've ripped out all the previous lead/galvanized plumbing & replaced w/ PEX. I created a water manifold to divide the house off into sections. Took me about x3 weeks to R&R w/ PEX.
Old April 24th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Congrats Norm, I used to do that kinda stuff when I was young. I always found leveling floors [with a clear plastic hose level] was more difficult around fire places. This shack has 4
Old April 24th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I mentioned a track hoe once and you said I couldn't have one. Or was that a Track Ho? Eh, I'd dig up the whole neighborhood. No idea why it's called a crawl space. Actually the space does get shorter the closer to the front of the house you get. It's built on a hill.

So good news, I guess. I called my insurance guy to ask if my payment happened to be posted today, and he said no but not to worry, the company still waits 10 days after the drop dead day to report anything, so if they get the payment by then(and they should) the state will never know. How weird.

Norm what is a concrete CMU? Probably something simple. There's plenty I could do to this place if I had enough 1. money and 2. ambition and 3. desire. I'd really like to have a huge warehouse and build some living space in the corner and then have the rest for all my stuff.

Okay gonna hit the sack. I don't like this going to bed so early but if I don't, there's no way I could function during the day with getting up at 2am. Even 4am is a challenge if I stay up too late. Sheesh. Well, gotta pay the bills.

Have a good night everyone.
Old April 24th, 2019, 06:19 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Evening Guys:
It rained here (actually flooded) last night and has rained all day today. Jim and Mike, you guys are probably going to get it in a day or two. Took my wife for an xray an MRI this morning. Then I worked out in the garage installing a fan shroud on the 54. Man that was a knuckle buster. It should help when the weather really gets hot and I have the AC on.
Jim, you and Norm are making me glad I never took on the task of redoing an old house. I am sure as heck too old to think about it now. Jim, thanks for the Jungle Pam video. That should bring Allan out.

Allan, where are you?

Glenn
Old April 24th, 2019, 07:56 PM
Oh no, not again...

Jamesbo, thanks for the Pam video. The sad thing is she probably carries them in a wheelbarrow now, I image those pics are all from about 1974-75.
I avoided doing the old house thing by selling my last one when it started to fall apart. It was only 30 years old. The one I'm currently in was built in 2011 by me; - I'll never do that again either. OK, I didn't actually build it, but I bought and ordered a new build. That gets you all those same issues up front, because builders aren't tradesmen, and there's no such thing as a craftsman or anyone in the building trade who takes pride in their work. Anyway, by the time this place starts to fall apart I'll probably be dead, so I won't care.

Mike, - the laws regarding expired vehicles sound kinda weird down there. Here if the insurance lapses, the tag is still good. The fine for driving without insurance is stupid though. For cars that sit in long term storage it's more of a function of "who cares", it's on the owner to insure, fix, or run or scrap them. My two collectibles have full driving coverage on them, all year round. They're insured for everything including meteorites and "acts of God". It's still cheaper to insure them than it is my daily drivers, go figure.

Glenn; Your 54 Olds has A/C? Wow; I had no idea they did that to convertibles back then, - or is it an aftermarket set?

Allan, where are you? Hope all is well...
Old April 24th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Marc, it is an under dash aftermarket unit I put in. The under dash unit is an old Frigiking that I bought on ebay. Then I got a Sanden compressor and designed the brackets and had a guy make them for me. I was able to get the very rare 4 groove waterpump pulley and harmonic balancer at a reasonable price. It has R134 in it and cools pretty decent. Then I had to make changes to the cooling system to get it to cool. It is hard to have any car in Texas in the summer without AC.
Old April 24th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Running On Empty

Mike- CMU = Concrete Masonry Unit, but there are significant differences in types of CMU. Often times they are referred to as cinder blocks; again, big differences. The nominal size of a (standard) CMU is either 12"x8"x8" or 12"x8"x16". Many recognize a standard cinder block. A standard cinder block (CMU) is composed of a large amount of coal ash & virtually no aggregate and weights nearly 1/2 as much as a concrete CMU (which contains significantly more lime, sand and aggregate). Both type CMUs are available with open holes, or solid CMUs. Both open hole & solid concrete CMUs have significantly more load bearing (tensile) strength than cinder blocks.
Old April 24th, 2019, 09:21 PM

So, we had 80° on Monday, 70° tomorrow, and 3" of snow for this Saturday. Mother nature is being temper mental. The bitch!
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:55 AM

Yep, Dan, I heard that 3" forecast also though they are backing down on it here now, I wouldn't be surprised though if we got another snowstorm. Long term forecasts are pretty iffy here as you know...
Well yesterday was a perfect day, one of those days that seem to last forever, got a whole bunch of little jobs done. Got the Olds out of storage. What a joy! There is nothing like the rumble of a stock Olds 350 idling with duals/trumpets backed up close to a wall! I let car warm up inside the barn before moving it. Too bad today's kids don't get to hear that.... Also did a bunch of raking, etc. My wife is so pissed at the house's previous owner. They put small stones/rocks throughout the flower beds. That was bad enough but lots of the smaller stones which looked like reddish lava rocks ended up being red colored pieces of ground up tires! Like you would put in a playground! So now we have these little pieces of red rubber in our back yard because she raked it out..... Geez....
Took the 56 F100 over to the gas station to fill up the gas cans, stopped on the way to pick up my buddy who rode with me. We got the gas and went to leave, made a big sharp left U Turn in the lot and the horn started blaring and couldn't get it to stop! Sort of panicked and couldn't get the hood open. By the time I got the hood open I couldn't remember where the disconnect was for the horn button so I cut the wire to the horn. Wow sure got everyone excited! A little embarrassment there! There is a wire that runs thru the steering column that must be chafed and grounding out. Don't know if my friend will every ride in my old truck again!! Ah, it will be a conversation topic forever. Have a good one!
Old April 25th, 2019, 04:04 AM

Beautiful day

Norm, The one [and only time] I had to correct Joe P was when he slipped up and said "Cinder blocks " instead of "concrete blocks" BIG difference

Yeah, Drag racing ain't what it used ta be. I miss the non PC world of Pam and Linda. So much for the old expression " When you're poking the fire ya don't look at the mantle"

Gives ya something else to admire besides new slicks

So question of the day. Does anyone [besides me[ put a few tater chips in their ham sandwich?

Allan, Your perfect attendance record is in serious jeopardy.

Speaking of Jeopardy, How ;bout this new guy winning a cool Mil. Smarter than the average Bear

Old April 25th, 2019, 04:12 AM
Running On Empty

I corrected Joe once - he stated timing affected dwell. I told him dwell affected timing, timing does not affect dwell.

I have always put chips on my ham sandwiches - delicious.

Anyone put a couple slices of cheese on their PB&J sandwiches?
Old April 25th, 2019, 05:16 AM

Nope only sliced banana and mayo with PB and of course chips
Old April 25th, 2019, 06:12 AM

Morning boys!!!!
Changing weather up here too, was to snow but least dodged that bullet!! Just really cool tho, weekend supposed to be above freezing. Figure crap weather was coming, black birds are back here. Never fails when they show up.
Was up till 3 this morning, was in the shop gazing over the cylinder heads for Kelvin's build. Then spent another 3 on the computer looking for flights to Vancouver for the Queen concert in July. 500 bucks cheaper from Swoop than Air Canada. It's a little chunk coin, never flew swoop before tho, so on the fence. Will do some goggle research. Doing a family vacation there to boot,8 ish day's. Tour Van, the island, see my nephew in Abby and hope to slip down into Washington State.
Any ways, cheers boys!!!
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:29 AM

You're right Greg, long term forecasts seem to be hit and miss, so we'll wait and see. No chips on my ham sammich, nor cheese on pb&j. Banana on pb, yes, but no mayo.
Old April 25th, 2019, 08:53 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hour's lunch today but no nap for me. People decided they wanted to sit and talk. Now if it were only interesting...

I used to like sweet pickles on my PB&J. Actually no jelly. What was it that Elvis would fly to California for, peanut butter and banana I think?

Thanks for the tutorial Norm. I interchange cinder block and concrete block all the time, but I'm always referring to the block you get at Lowes or Home Depot. I don't know what they are made from. Besides the cap blocks, I've never seen a solid concrete block.

Kyle is Swoop a low cost outfit or a subsidiary of a larger airline? Never heard of them I'd be interested to know how they do. Whatever happened to your plans for moving to this side of the border?

Greg maybe someone played a prank on you when you weren't looking at the gas station. Every time you step on the brake the horn honks. I agree with you, the Olds 350 is about the best sounding motor.

Okay people are starting to file back in. Don't have too much to do that's left, hasn't been a bad day so far. I do have some big tires coming through, I'm going to try my best not to throw those ones around. See you all later.
Old April 25th, 2019, 09:51 AM

[QUOTE=slantflat;1169075]Good morning everyone.

Hour's lunch today but no nap for me. People decided they wanted to sit and talk. Now if it were only interesting...

I used to like sweet pickles on my PB&J. Actually no jelly. What was it that Elvis would fly to California for, peanut butter and banana I think?

Thanks for the tutorial Norm. I interchange cinder block and concrete block all the time, but I'm always referring to the block you get at Lowes or Home Depot. I don't know what they are made from. Besides the cap blocks, I've never seen a solid concrete block.

Kyle is Swoop a low cost outfit or a subsidiary of a larger airline? Never heard of them I'd be interested to know how they do. Whatever happened to your plans for moving to this side of the border?

They are affiliated with West Jet, sister company. Fly to major cities in Canada, is all.
But after reading some complaints online of flights delayed or cancelled to no show pilots, think I going with Air Canada.
I have 5 Queen concert tickets for July 9th this year in Vancouver, not taking a chance on missing a concert due to hissy fits from employees.
And as for moving south, some reason I have WV on my mind. Maybe cause of John Denver!?!?! lol
Who knows, maybe Washington State. My nephew lives in Abby BC, isn't very far and very nice over in that corner of the world.
Will know this October 21st!!! If Prince Charming is back in, I am leaving. Wife or not.
Cant stand money be thrown around like it grows on trees!!! Cannot stomach paying close to triple digits in taxes in a year.
Looked into American Citizenship, 6 months determines what happens.
My rant for the day, crabby with lack of sleep. lol

Search this Thread