The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 24th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Every time I think of Mr. Robinson, I think.....

When I think of Mr. Rogers, he reminds me of Peewee Herman

Old March 24th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another sleepless night and I finally get up at 1230. Geez I feel like I'm back working on midnights. Twenty-one days Marc? Oh brother.

It's another beautiful day here, though a bit chilly still. Tiger has been very cooperative by not wanting to go out very much, and not barking at squirrels. Actually he's been curled up next to me sleeping.

Jamesbo my neighbor used one of your words the other day. She said after Tony's funeral there were a lot of people at the repast.

I need to go over to the shop and do some digging around, but that won't take long. I don't see a lot more getting done, as I need to get to bed a little earlier tonight to get up for a 5am start. I'm going to be doing that inspection nonsense again this week. Seems it will come around every three weeks now.

No word from the guy that has my truck. He's had it 3 weeks. I know he started the job, but a quick email after I got home from my trip and that was it. It doesn't bother me, just is weird not seeing that guy parked at the shop when I go over there. Plus it's going to cost me a lot of money, and I need to pay it so I can plan some other things.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.
Old March 24th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Oh no, not again...

Quiet day around here, weather, so -so, I've got a few things to do and get straightened out before I head off to BC.

The ugliest job, if I decide to do it, would be to take apart an 1879-vintage Longines pocket watch and measure off the mainspring. It broke last week, and it's been doing it's best to reinforce why I hate Swiss watches. It seems I have to take it apart, measure it out, compare it against what's out there, and then hope like hell that the one that's in there was the right one to begin with, otherwise you do this all again. I like American pocket watches a lot better; - find a part number, order it, get it done, the right part for the job every time. Not like this Swiss crap, each movement a different size, indistinct calibre references, no easy model ID anywhere unless you belong to the guild, and very proprietary secret information everywhere. I have a number of Swiss watch parts for all sorts of watches, and most are useless unless you have that exact model in front of you. I have a ton of mainsprings, the hope is I actually have one that will work and I don't have to go and hunt it down. But it means spending an afternoon with a Vernier caliper and a pad of paper.

Allan, her father didn't tell me much more than you already know. I've known her father since we were kids in the Philippines. We've been following her career here since she started, the family has been to some very interesting places as a result, and they've spent a ton of money and time shunting kids all over the place for curling. I had no idea it could be as expensive and time consuming as hockey, until Paul told us just how much time and money they'd spend over hear and over there.

As for Mr. Rogers; - he creeped me out as a kid and he still does, changing into his cardigan and placing his stinking feet into lady's sneakers...he was 1950's square in the the 70s, and most of us that first saw him at an older age figured there wasn't something right with that man. My little brother loved that show, we first saw it in California in the 70s, we didn't get it up here in the Edmonton area then. (Remember the days of 3 TV channels, with one of them in French playing soft-core ****?)

Dan, buy the Amish stuff; it's better made and will last 200 years, most department store stuff is glued together in Bangladesh and falls apart inside 5. The Amish stuff you have a chance at re-selling for money when the time comes, the rest ends up in a landfill.

Adrian, are you guys heading into "Fall"? That must be weird...Winter in July.

Well; back at it; just trying to finish off an article on King George IV for the coin magazine; he was a piece of work. He loved to party, he drank and ate a lot, and he spent most of his life living in the shadow of his crazy father. They did mint some nice coins in that period though; some nice designs came from the Royal Mint in the 1820s.

Have a great day everyone!
Old March 24th, 2019, 12:10 PM

Amish at werk

http://amishamerica.com/250-amish-move-a-barn/
Old March 24th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
WTF - that's pretty awesome. I built & have a 30'W x 40'L x 14'7"H steel building nearly identical to this building (except I have x2 garage doors, x1 entrance door & x3 windows). Still, the support girders & purlins are very heavy. Wowzer.
Old March 24th, 2019, 05:26 PM

You're right Marc, the Amish build it to last a lifetime, an heirloom. Jamesbo...dang, that's putting you back into it! Pretty cool. I bought the WWI dvd that I talked about awhile back, very interesting to watch, and educational to an extent. A second copy is going to my cousin in Nevada.
Old March 24th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Back to work today. Expected to hit 34 degrees they reckon today.

“Fall” started 3 weeks ago, or so I’m told. Weather didn’t get the memo since it’s still stinking hot down here 😔

On the phone for half an hour to the lawyers this morning, that’ll cost me 😬

Back to it I guess, take care all,

Adrian

Old March 25th, 2019, 03:56 AM

mawn'in

Off to samck whitey [hope the rain stays away]

JMHO I think politics should go back to the days of dueling [at least SOMETHING] would be finished
Old March 25th, 2019, 04:06 AM

Will they have to use black powder guns as well or modern ones? Black powder would get rid of all the old clumsy pollies lol
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:30 AM

Afternoon.

Been working on my trans, made an lathe to make bearing tools. Real ghetto lathe….
Otherwise not much has happened, atleast nothing to hurray about. Just the same old waiting for work to start.

Jamesbo - Agree 100% about duels with politicians. That way we could fast drop their amount to half….. And half less people to pay living for from taxes. Win-win..

1969w3155 - Wow, Amish are certainly proud of their work judging by those prices..

Allan R - Not top of the food chain. Just easiest and best paid vacation. Id call that job "grannywork" for people nearing their 60's, to rest last years after long history on physical work. Id rather do physical work to keep in shape. Thing is, EU and Finland messed driving-licence things so that my driving licence which allows driving everything on Wheel except busses, is really rare nowadays, and costs up to 15000$ to drive. Quess does many young people get it? I got it in last minute "cheap", only paid about $7000 for it..

Okay, i think ill go light my sauna up. Have a day everyone!
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning all, (at least here it still is)

First day of the bonspiel and we've managed to pull off a 9-4 win in the first draw. The ice at the Avonaire is quite good. Very fast (16.5 hog to hog) on draws. Take out weight keeps the rock really nice and straight just like curling on arena ice.

Picked up some new Hepa filter bags for the central vac on the way home. I think the guy at the vacuum store was lonely because all he wanted to do was talk talk talk. I had to be rude and leave...

Next game is 1:00 pm so I have some spare time to rest and have something to eat.

Jouni - Wow! Your license fees are atrocious. My license allows me to drive buses, and air brake trucks except tractor trailers. And the cost is low I won't tell you in case you decide to send a hit man over.

Jim - Did whitey like his hide being whacked? I'll guess 45/42
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:16 AM

Allan, What kilt Jesse James front side/ same minus 1 back side
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Guys.
I was pretty busy last week and only made one post right after we returned from New Orleans. It was a great trip. I did some repairs of some things in the backyard last week like setting a new fence post by the gate (dug a two foot deep hole with post hole diggers) and cleaning the overgrown jasmine off my flagstone patio and then power washing it and repairing some cracks in it. The biggest thing was my wife and I became step great grandparents last Thursday. Our son's oldest step daughter had a beautiful little girl that weighed 6 pounds and 13 ounces. Mom and daughter are doing well. We are having some beautiful spring weather here. My backyard had a bumper crop of weeds that I cut and sprayed with Bayer weed killer. I still have plenty to do here today but I think I will take Lucy for a walk first. I have slacked off on my walks and have to get back with the program. Hope all of you have a good week.
Glenn
Old March 25th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

This is the second time I've been home today. My neighbor called me around lunchtime and said she couldn't get into the house. She had the wrong key to the front door and the garage door wouldn't open. Wondered if I had a key. I happened to so I came home to get her in the house. She said everything had been going wrong today and thought I'd get in trouble for leaving work. Hardly. I went back to work and they said, why did you come back?

Overcast today but so far no rain. This is one time of year I don't mind rain, as it washed all this yellow dust off everything. I think the yellow dust is what's driving this nasty cough I have.

Glenn glad you had a good trip. Step Great Grandparents that's quite a title. Best wishes for the family.

Norm I have a 30x45 building I wouldn't mind having moved over a few feet, maybe the Amish could come over for a few minutes. Would it matter that the posts are set in concrete?

Okay gonna go do nothing. I didn't sleep good last night, and I don't feel like doing anything. Tiger was bummed when I came home early, only to leave again. So I'm staying in.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old March 25th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Allan, What kilt Jesse James front side/ same minus 1 back side
Well I got .500 on my guess.

Second game is over and we managed to put together a nice 6-4 win and stole 3 ends to boot.

Weather here is kinda sucky. Strange but true we're doing the banquet tonight. Gotta wait till the 3:30 draw is over before anything happens though. How bizarre; the venue that's catering the event only has room for 75 cars and there are likely going to be around 200 or so attending.
Old March 25th, 2019, 04:43 PM

Took a vacation day to get some things done. We have a 1% city tax that we get to pay on our income. Well according to my tax guy, they entered the wrong code into the computerized system, and wanted to charge me an extra 400 plus bucks. Got it straightened out, and saved myself some money. Swept the garage of accumulated salt and mud deposited by my vehicle over the last few months, swept up the seed husks from under the bird feeder with the cat cheering me on from the inside. Took the Hyundai in for the ECU reprogram, and enjoyed a little mild sunny weather. 48°, gee, lucky that I didn't get heatstroke And finally, grabbed a huge slice of the pizza that I made last night, for tonight's dinner.
Old March 26th, 2019, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning all,

The banquet last night was top notch. I sort of ignored my diabetic routine and just enjoyed the good food. Sure enough my BG is a bit high this morning. The schedule for pools A,B,C, and D were posted for today. We are in Pool A and drew a bye for the morning draws. In a way it's kind of a let down and also a perk. We don't play, but get credit for a win, so we're halfway to winning the A event if everything goes well. That's expecting a lot, but we've been playing really well so who knows? Our next draw is at 1:00 pm.

Glenn - Congratulations to you and your son/daughter in law.

Dan - That money will be better served in your pocket. Good catch. Spring cleaning already? Lucky you.
Old March 26th, 2019, 06:42 AM

Gonna take Red dog to the vet for sum shots and a check up

Tonight I'm gonna give a speech to the local Hysterical Society about my 1896 Home

Betcha didn't kknow the only thing people fear more than death is public speaking

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 26th, 2019, 10:00 AM

Betcha didn't know the only thing people fear more than death is public speaking
Ya might as well shoot me! Got a phone call earlier from "anonymous" on the caller ID along with MY phone number. Hmm, I wonder what I called myself about? It was a phishing scam, automated warning from MSN. I hung up.
Old March 26th, 2019, 10:19 AM

I get at least 6 robo calls a day, I've even gotten them in [what I think is] Chinese. I couldn't buy whatever $hit they selling if I wanted to
Old March 26th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I get at least 6 robo calls a day,
Well I got one ta beat that. Just answered the door and it was a couple guys selling roofing. I axed em what's wrong wit my roof. Dey said, Dem shingles are lifting. I smiled at em and was po lite. Told em de shingles were jess done 3 years ago so ifn dey is failin already dey is under warranty. bye bye. An close de do on em. Dey mus figger us peeps wit white hair is easy pickins.... Headin sout shortly.
Old March 26th, 2019, 10:40 AM

AAAAAAAAArrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….

Managed to destroy forward clutch drum outer lip seal, now i need to wait for it. &¤#/&¤#(¤/# trying to install lip-seals "wrong way" inside drum is )¤/#¤/(#¤/#()¤/#(¤

Okay, i need to take a deep breath

Allan R - Hows your games going? Btw, hitman is on the way

1969w3155 - Lol, heatstroke

Okay, have a day all. Ill head to soffa and enjoy few beers along tv-program.
Old March 26th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Long day today. Went in at 4, went to the chiro on the way home after 3. Gonna do 4 again tomorrow.

Gloomy out, looks like the sky is going to just open up. We had a decent rain yesterday afternoon, and it really cleaned things up. Well except the lake. There was a huge glob of pollen floating on the top of the water. But the air was crisper and things were cleaned off. Looks like a repeat performance.

Dan what was the warning, don't answer robocalls?

Jamesbo hope Red did okay at the vet. Good luck with the speech. Don't forget to tell them about the oak trees.

Gotta scare up something for my dinner, because I don't have pizza. I'll have chili tomorrow, but tonight it's a frozen block. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old March 26th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon to all,

Draw 4 went as well as could be expected. We played on the same sheet of ice as Draw 1 and the line calls were pretty consistent with the first day. After we took a 7-3 lead in the 6th end, the other team (Pruden) decided they had enough because in all honesty we were outplaying them in every position. This puts us only 2 games away from being the A Event champions. Gotta be careful not to put any jinxes on us by saying that. I have to wear a neoprene knee brace now till I get out on the ice. It keeps my Knee nice and hot till I take it off, and that means I can have the flexibility I need to make all my shots. Without it I was getting knee joint failure and pain. Can't wear it during the game though because it feels uncomfortable and I want to stay on the same program for rock delivery till the end of the bonspiel.

Mike - Ya sent your rain our way. It drizzled overnight and on the way back from curling it was steady rain all the way home. That will settle the dust a lot. I hope it stops before Thursday though because that's when I have to go to Costco for my new tires. I know it's kinda weird, but I'd like to have the car washed and clean for the techs who have to change out the wheels with new tires. Usually I wash both the inside and outside of the rims so they are easier to stick those balancing weights on.

Jouni - Now I'm watching my back for your hit man. Around here though it could anyone who gets in a car.. Yeah, I'm with you about the heatstroke thing. That was funny. Want some jerky to go with the beers and sauna? I'm making another batch on Friday. The one I made will likely not make it past next Monday.... My cousin Joey (RIP) had this recipe for pickling fish that was incredible. I was one of the few who really liked it. But then I guess that's because I would only get to eat it when we visited them in St. Paul. Everyone else who lived nearby kept telling him not to bring anymore fish for them. I should clarify this by telling you that he was a fish whisperer. I fished with him for perch and he just had that magic touch. When no one else was catching he would be hauling them out left and right as if there was a waiting list for them to climb onto his hook. He only used a single hook and line - done only by hand so he could feel the fish better. After the first fish was in the boat we'd pop out an eye and after that they would just fly into the boat. The smaller ones we'd throw back, and keep only the fat ones. Back then we could take 30/day each so often we'd take 3 people in the boat and then come back to shore and have a filleting party. All the guts and leftover fish parts we'd take back out to 'a spot' in the lake and recycle them back to nature. I think in the big scheme of things that's called chumming or baiting....but then who ever checked? In the winter he had an ice shack he'd put out on the lake. It was nicely insulated and heated - about 3x5 Meters in size. It had 6 trap doors to cover the holes. He'd take a pig head out a week ahead and drop it down a hole in the ice, then put the shack over top. Never got skunked and some good size fish came out too. Some of them were around 4-5Kg Jackfish. I don't mind that size because that makes it easier to fillet the Y bones out and get nice lean slabs of white meat.

Jim - How'd everything turn out at the vet? Bettin Red dog didn't even bite him. Is he a golden retriever? You cracked me up wit dis:
local Hysterical Society
Adrian - Any news from the lawyers if the MIL is going to be a PITA??? I mean even more of a PITA
Old March 26th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Oh no, not again...

Just getting some loose ends tied up before I leave next week, did a photoshoot for an appraisal last night on a 67 Beaumont. Doing the research tonight. It's going to be interesting, there isn't much out there on Canadian Pontiacs. For those of you who aren't aware, the Beaumont was a Canadian made Chevelle with Pontiac style trim and dash, and with Canadian icons on it. It was a car that was made exclusively for the Canadian market. Most of the bodyshell is identical to the Chevelle, as is most of the interior, but the dash is out of a GTO and the grille and tail end is different. They all had Chevy running gear. The one I looked at last night is a "SD", supposedly a little more rare, kind of like an SS to a Malibu. It was a good running car, had a 327 with a turbo 350 in it, and the body was an older resto that is just starting to need attention. It's a pretty car, should appraise out reasonably well.

Better get back to it...have a good evening!
Old March 26th, 2019, 06:53 PM

Morning all, raining here today so that’s good, finally cool 😁
After the long call with our lawyers we have finally decided to give the MIL the assets and liabilities list from grandads estate. Legally we didn’t have to do this yet but Tink and I as well as our lawyers thought that maybe if we give her the list she will see that his estate isn’t really that big compared to what she has and she will not proceed with the contesting of his will, we’ll see I guess.
I sarted at 4 yesterday to help with a downday at work. Downdays are when we shut down the machine and give it a good clean up. I was asked to help by running the overhead crane for the day. Ended up pulling the pin at 4 instead of my usual 6 since all that I could do was pretty much done and we were just waiting on the high pressure water blasters to finish up.
First night shift tonight so I’m off to bed in a minute.
Take care everybody,
Adrian
Old March 27th, 2019, 04:57 AM

mawn'in

Rain last night but clearing up and spose to be a little warmer

Thanks, Red's fine he jes needed a check up. As long as he gets to ride in my truck and the destination has dog treats, It's a good day

The Hysterical Society meeting was kinda like watching paint dry. I did my little part and beat feet 2 hours later. I not only missed Jeopardy but cocktail hour. I knew there was a reason I try to never do meeting or malls

Old March 27th, 2019, 05:02 AM

Good to hear Red is ok Jamesbo.
I don’t think I could get up in front of a bunch of people and talk either. Tink loves jeopardy, when we get it that is 😬
Old March 27th, 2019, 05:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

morning all,

Ya know how usually the anti virus on the puter gives ya advance notice when it's about to expire??? Not Bitdefender. It was on this puter when I got it last year. I knew it would be a year of use but who keeps track of those dates? Anywho, I had a subscription to Trend Micro before the old puter coughed sputtered and ran out of spark so I simply uninstalled Bitdefender and installed the existing Trend Micro. I had to get their on line installer for this 64 bit system though and all's well.

Off to the final day of the bonspiel in about half hour but thought I'd check in first. Wish us luck!

JIm - Good to hear about Red dog.

Adrian - Fingers crossed for you mate.
Old March 27th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Good day at work so far, and we're on an hour lunch. Irritating man had to sit at my desk just long enough for me to sit somewhere else, then he split. Eh, I don't have to work with him today.

You know the vet and the Awful house are almost next door to each other. I wonder if Tiger has anxiety every time we head that way, wondering which one we're going to.

I'd rather talk in front of a crowd than sing in front of a crowd. But I don't like crowds so I don't really want to be near one.

Started early this morning, and going to 230. And it's supposed to be nice this afternoon(I'm in the bunker don't know what it's doing outside) so I might change the oil in the dogmobile. I got all the stuff yesterday.

Well I think I'll try one of those 15 minute powernaps that VicRoads pushes so hard. Hope everyone is having a good Hump Day!
Old March 27th, 2019, 10:53 AM

Powernaps are fine Mike 😁 work good if you get used to them. Actually had one tonight while at work lol. Haven’t had one for a while but I can’t have any coffee at the moment since my reflux is playing up bad.
Old March 27th, 2019, 11:42 AM

Evening.

Nothing interesting today. Just the usual, heating up sauna.

Allan R - Good to hear your game went that well. Good luck for your next too. You can send some jerky with USPS or something

Eh, i quess thats that. Have a day all.
Old March 27th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Bonspiel is done. Sadly we lost the morning draw, but won the afternoon quite easily 9-0. That put us in 3rd place in a field of 50 so we won a significant $ prize too. Split 4 ways with the team it was a nice bonus to the fun of curling itself. I now have to hide the earnings so the tax man doesn't know. Hahaha, it's all cash under the table anyway.

Jouni - Thanks! BTW I don't live in the USA, so it wold have be be CP (Canada Post) That means you wouldn't get it till about Friday, Sept 20, 2024 Tell ya what, I'll keep sampling it till it's gone. I'm making another batch tomorrow...

I used to have to talk in front of people all the time as part of my job so it's second nature now. One thing I appreciate now is it's an option instead of mandatory.
Old March 27th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Always room for one more

Well here's something that brought a little joy to my day. I went to the tag office to cancel the registration on the Toad this afternoon. State Farm has pissed me off and I'm systematically getting rid of them. I'm at the window and this woman comes up(she's one of the workers there) and says hi how are you, do you still have all those cars? I said ya I have a few of them, not recognizing her at all, and she says, do you still have the one that floats? This got my attention. I looked up and said ya I still have it, then I realized she had worked there years ago before transferring to another office. I said, Oh my God you're the Tag Hag! Big smile. Yes I am! Before she transferred I'd always go to her, because she was nice, and remembered me, and just a fun person to talk to. She did an interview with the local newspaper when that particular office opened, and told the reporter that she knew everyone in the county because she was the Tag Hag. How funny. So nice to see her.
Old March 28th, 2019, 06:19 AM

Kinda cool but a blue bird day

Well, the $750 million Power Ball Jackpot eluded me again today. I woulda shared with my Olds buds

I jes got an Amber alert on my phone, Have you ever been in a crowd when everyone's phone goes off?

I'd like to wake up one mawn;in and find my kid on the Wheaties box and my ex wife on the milk carton

Old March 28th, 2019, 06:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

morning all,

Gong to Costco to get the new shoes on the Sonata today. Yesterday when I was cleaning those wheels (removed em from the car to do both sides) I found the sidewall on one had a nasty tear in it. These things aren't safe anymore but I'm hoping it won't blow out on the drive to St. Albert Costco. Also found 2 identical rust bubbles on the rear quarter panels in exactly the same spot. Same size too. Nothing I can or will do about it.

Frosty start to the morning here, sort of like the fall in October. Gotta go across the street and feed/brush the neighbors cats. They took their kids to the mountains for a few days for spring skiing. Hahaha, good timing; Spring break. Every kid from the city will be there - maybe. Lift tickets are way more expensive than when I used to ski. I remember when tickets were 'expensive' at $20 for the day. Now I think they're around $90! I guess that's sorta like whack whitey. Rounds usta be cheap. Now, unless ya buy a membership it's an arm and a leg.

Jim - My winnings yesterday wouldn't be anywhere close to the powerball so I'm jess keeping it fer myseff. Nebber had an amber alert on my phone.
Old March 28th, 2019, 06:40 AM
Running On Empty

Have you ever been in a crowd when everyone's phone goes off?
Yes. You recall the day our dictator sent a amber alert to every single mobile phone in the entire U.S.A. about 5 months ago?
Old March 28th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Well I couldn't take it any longer. The Malibu has been gradually growing a crust of filth on it for the past 2 1/2 months and it was looking really shabby. I mentioned to my son that it would be nice if he looked after the car like he does his body (he goes to the gym and works out for about 2 hours every day). So I asked him what the oil life was at because I changed it back in December when we had a unusual bout of nice weather. I reset the oil life at the time and I'm curious to see how it has fared over the last 3 particularly subzero months. He didn't know but guessed around 76%. I checked this morning and he was out by 10. It's 66% which is ok. I should have checked the oil level with the dipstick but that will be another day I guess.

Anywho I took it to the local splash and dash pressure wand joint down on the corner. Kind of nice when only 1 or 2 cars there instead of the typical 14 when it's busy. I spent a good deal of time going over every inch of the car with my micro fiber mitt, and dried it off. There was a guy in the opposite bay who had finished rinsing his car and was going over the whole thing with what appeared to be a squeegee. I couldn't help but be curious so I went and asked him what he was doing and if he wasn't worried that it would scratch his nice (black) paint job. He said no, it's a California Brush and he bought it years ago at Costco. It's silicone and has a T edge on the end. He says it never scratches anything, as long as the surface is clean. Of course if there's dirt on the paint being squeegee'd all bets are off. I looked it up on line and there are vendors who sell a similar product and it gets fairly decent reviews. Anybody heard of them, or has one and uses it? Maybe even bought it and tried it? I'm kinda curious about it and it's not really expensive either. I'm vacillating on it because I usually dry the car with a micro fiber anyway and this squeegee doesn't get all the water; so it still requires some extra drying by hand.

Now the car looks soooo much better. I helped myself to the cost of the wash from my sons wallet. I'll tell him when he wakes up and makes a mad dash for the car. He still hasn't learned to get up early like the rest of the world.
Old March 28th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan, I have used one of the silicone squeegees for years and would not be without one. I have two of them and I think the oldest one is called a California Water Blade. I have a different brand one I keep in the trunk of the Olds in case I get a sprinkle at a car show. They make drying a car so much faster. You just squeegee it off and then finish up with a soft towel. I have never had any damage to my paint. I think you will find one very useful.
Glenn
Old March 28th, 2019, 09:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thanks for chiming in Glenn. Yes, that's the name California Blade. I can't find that brand anymore but there are others. Good to hear that it's effective and doesn't mar the paint. This thing is only 20 bucks on Amazon and free shipping. I just wanted more input from people I know and who care about their cars.