The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2019, 05:46 AM

Thanks Norm

Oddly enough, My driver is my best club, 3 wood on par 5 is a 50/50 shot. What you call lifting, I call chicken wing and it kills me every time

Have you seen or ever used the plastic, putting mirrors? For about 30 bucks you can get a genuine made in china for 12 cents. It;s pretty helpful lining up.
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Beware!!!
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:55 AM

Beware!!!
of uh, what? Some tornados hit the east side of the state, just north of my buddies son's house. He said that the sirens went off, so they took shelter. Scattered damage in that area, but I have not heard of any injuries.
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, what day is it?
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:16 AM

Allan, How Shakesperian of you.
Old March 15th, 2019, 01:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Tanks Jim. Here's anutter won fer ya, an a true story. I was walking down Whyte Avenue with my buds many moons ago; mebbe a whippersnapper of 15 or so, and was just passing the exit to the former Don Wheaton's Chev Olds Dealership (which still has the neon Oldsmobile sign up on the roof to this day).There was a car pulling out and the drivers window was open. He stopped of course to let us pass, but as I looked at his car I stopped and went back and said, "Mr Hastings?". He looked surprised and said yes. How did I guess that by looking at his car? Need a hint? No, it didn't say "Hastings" anywhere on the car... :but there was a good clue
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
What you call lifting, I call chicken wing and it kills me every time. Have you seen or ever used the plastic, putting mirrors? For about 30 bucks you can get a genuine made in china for 12 cents. It;s pretty helpful lining up.
As I stated my putting requires no improvements. I'm one of the best putters in our club averaging ~24 putts/round.

I lost the chicken wings a long time ago. I keep my arms tightly tucked into my body. As I said, I have a tendency to sway into the swing - not keeping/maintaining a steady stance to pivot about my spine. Today I did the exact same thing. On the practice range I concentrated on remaining still. That worked for about four holes and then it's back to the SOS! Annoying, very, very annoying.
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Running On Empty

James - Have you seen this thread Too much cam not enough compression?

Perhaps golf & autos are related - I think this is the issue w/ my golf swing.

I need to back off on the cam & increase my initial timing (load up).
Old March 15th, 2019, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
As I stated my putting requires no improvements. I'm one of the best putters in our club averaging ~24 putts/round.
Good grief, That's GREAT, You should go on the tour. Have yo ever thought of going to Q school?

What's your handicap?

I was taught to stay straight. [no sway] when picking a ball out of a fairway bunker
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Oh no, not again...

For me the game is still called "Whack-F--k" and my handicap is that I'm too stupid to realize that I should have given it up years ago.

Not much happening around here; - quiet day.
Old March 15th, 2019, 09:39 PM

Well, Allan it ain't Huummp Daaaay! As I was getting ready for work, it occurred to me what it was.
Old March 15th, 2019, 11:50 PM

Good Morning everyone.

F1 season is officially on with first qualifying ongoing. Good stuff. Not much else, same as before. Just doing minor repairs etc here. Today ill for sure heat sauna and take a few beers
Tomorrow is super-boring day to visit relatives. Gah..

Good stories here about top-speed runs, some hairy stuff too.

Nailheadcanuck - Well, thats another point too. E-body owners are the top-of-the-cream hobbyists here. But otherwise people dont give too much thought to what you have, thankfully

I quess thats that. Should head to shop to buy some beer for evening, one 10A fuse to house which i happened to blow when welding.. I thought id be fast enough to not blow it, and therefore saving atleast 20 meters of walking to electric point which has a big-enough fuse to weld continuosly…
Okay, have a day all!
Old March 16th, 2019, 05:44 AM

mawn'in

Cool and clear

Headed note after I meet sum high school chums for lunch

Have a great weekend olds friends
Old March 16th, 2019, 07:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all,

Twas quite beautimus here yesterday and continues to promise more slop and melt for the week to come. Absolutely no point in washing the car and that bugs me. I guess no one knows the answer to my riddle. Give it some time.

Marc - I agree. I've touched my clubs only once in the past 25 years or so and that was to go with my buddy Ted (RIP) and friends to a place south of Red Deer. Long drive (hahaha, pardon the pun) to get somewhere and prove nothing with that lil white ball. My clubs are so old that the grips are like rock. I thought about getting them re-gripped but what a waste of money when I won't use em. Mebbe put em up for sale on Kijiji. Chances are they won't sell though because I'm a southpaw.

Jim - Restaurant pictures?? Sprized y'all didn't post a picture of what you ordered.

Jouni - Don't sweat what others think. E bodies are the cream here?? Nope. A bodies mostly. Then G bodies. E bodies are way down the line. You're changing your car based on what you would like and that's fine. Yeah I get that it doesn't fit with what the purists prefer, but like you said, if everyone shuts out the younger generation who shows interest there's no hope to keep the hobby alive. Personally I like my car to be as close to stock as possible, but then that's the way I remember it from when it was new and I was only 15 driving it. For me it's a memory that goes beyond sheet metal I'm keeping alive.

Dan - That's what I get for being cryptic I guess. Sorry to hear about your buddy living in the hurricane zone. One thing I never understood is why oil refineries and communities were ever built in areas that are prone to hurricane and tornados. I bet the insurance for those houses must be huge.

Chatted with Adrian the other day. He's doing well and the oldest daughter Min is off at a summer camp for awhile. I can't believe how much the girls have grown, and they look very happy. That translates to a happy Adrian and Tink. Min and Lego are the lights of his life. If you ever met them you'd know why.

Clint - Y'all coming out to play? CORCS not running till next weekend. Great pics of those snow drifts. Wonder if it'll melt or snow up there again before race day.

Last edited by Allan R; March 17th, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old March 16th, 2019, 08:03 AM

Allan R - Ah, maybe i expressed myself unclearly- i meant that here in Finland, E- body owners are the "cream", and those are Mopars
Good to hear spring is on the way to Canada, too.

Hmph, received package with valve-springs and such. Turns out they wont fit with umbrella-style valve-stem seals. Gah, problem after problem. My head-guy was reluctant to install posi-valve seals in fear of cracking the quide, so i quess its up to me to now grind them to fit 'em. Bah..... Thats been a one freaking mess, the whole build. Either someone machined my parts wrong, i did some stupid decision, or i simply missed some tidbit of info.

Off i go, to do some woodwork and light the sauna up.
​​

Last edited by Inline; March 16th, 2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old March 16th, 2019, 11:13 AM

Allan, I'm going to guess that Mr. Hastings was being chauffeured around while seated in the back of an Olds 98. Jamesbo, looks like you might have an enjoyable lunch.
Old March 16th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, nope. Not even close. Mr Hastings was also driving and was seated in a Chevrolet Impala. Keep on fishin...It has something to do with what I saw on the front of his car
Old March 16th, 2019, 10:31 PM

Personalized license plate. Other than that, I don't have a clue.
Old March 17th, 2019, 05:04 AM

Good morning!
Allan, I'm not gettin it...
Got cold here again yesterday though not as cold as it had been. The entry way door in my barn has frozen shut. Earlier this year the snow fell off the roof in front of the door. I didn't go over there in a few days and it warmed some then went below 32 for a week or so. The snow made a 8" or so ice pile in front of the door. Then it snowed a few times and warmed up. The snow off the roof melted and made a big pool in front of the door. The water then creeped thru the bottom of the door into the cement floor which was still below freezing and made a 1/2" ice layer. So I went back over there and noticed the ice. I could barely slide the door over the ice. I decided to leave it until it warmed a little, that was a big mistake. It then warmed up again for a couple days, I should have went over there then but was busy with other things. Now it is cold again and I went over and can't get in. I figure the thaw water went in again and hit the freezing floor and made more ice above the bottom of the door! So I can't push it in. It has 2 other sliding pole barn doors but I can't open them from the outside. So I can't get in until the ground under the barn warms up enough to melt the ice. Geez... I guess I'll just wait it out, I am ready for spring for sure.
Old Jack the dog is doing about the same, Leaving lots of presents for us day and night. He doesn't seem to be getting much worse, I think he still enjoys life and we still enjoy having him around,( except for the 3AM clean ups).
Rode the Polaris snowmobile over 1300 miles this year, what a great year for that. No problems with it at all which is pretty amazing for a 1998 machine. It just turned 4000 miles total this year.
The old truck I bought is doing well, the 5.4 variable cam timing system is well known for problems but seems ok as long as the plugs are disconnected and it doesn't try to advance the cam. With the wires unplugged it turns on the check engine light and I don't like that...Some of the guys on Ford Truck Enthusiasts and F150 sites recommend changing the oil from 5w20 to 15w40 to create a little more oil pressure on high mileage trucks. I dunno I may try it. It uses oil pressure in the sprockets to overcome a spring to advance the cam. Complicated BS. I hope I like the Ford and it does well for me. I am more of a GM guy and I've seen many old TBI Gm trucks go 300000 miles with no engine problems at all. The LS's go lots of mile too.
Alright enough hunt and pecking for me, have a good one, all..
Old March 17th, 2019, 05:07 AM

OOOPs, How did that happen??
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all,

Anutter beautimus day shaping up. Wimmen curling continues in Silkenburg Denmark. Not sure how much of that shrill screaming I can take. Gawd, can you imagine how their hubbies must feel listening to that??? Some of their games are at awful times here so lucky I have the PVR. 2 nice features, I can FF or delete at any time.

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Personalized license plate. Other than that, I don't have a clue.
You're very very close Dan. It was a personalized plate, but it did not say Hastings. That would have been too easy. Does that help?

Greg - ya gotta think outside the box and remember your history. Good to hear that Jack is still going strong. Not sure about the King Ranch? Is the light back on again? On your posting window only you can see the one for "Edit". When you press that it will give you options. Just press Delete. Not necessary to press Go Advanced since the Delete option is right in front of you. Then follow the prompts in that window. It will only delete the duplicate post you're working with, not the other one.

I see that Jims ol school chums were mostly wimmen....hope the luncheon was good.

Last edited by Allan R; March 17th, 2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old March 17th, 2019, 10:11 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
We got back from New Orleans about 8:00 Friday night. I drove a total of 1,125 miles and used lots of gallons of gas. The Expedition is a little thirsty and getting in a long backup coming through Baton Rouge didn't help my mileage any. Driving 80 for lots of the trip probably didn't help either. However it was very comfortable and plenty of room for 5 and all the luggage. The trip was really good and the grandsons really enjoyed New Orleans. They are both into music. The highlight of the trip was going to a place called Snug Harbor and seeing Delfeayo Marsalis and his jazz orchestra Wednesday night. It is a small venue and allows kids 13 and older in. It was an 11 piece orchestra and they were outstanding. Here is a video of them at Snug Harbor.
We kind of vegged out yesterday. The weather here is very nice and I am going to do some cooking today. I hope everybody is doing well.
Glenn
Old March 17th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Oh no, not again...

Good Morning!
Pretty quiet around here, not much going on. Might do some watch-work today, not really sure.

Went looking around the internet for project cars, came across an interesting Buick or two, and a 57 Mercedes 190 sedan, but no Olds worth mention or doing. The Mercedes has me tickled because of its usability, it would still be a fairly economical car and since it's a gas pot, it'd keep up in modern traffic. They're fun to drive, - when they work. That's the downside, these were the cars that gave rise to the term "Eurotrash" because they were finicky and like to toss parts if not maintained right. Not to mention, the Germans used cheap interior hardware that's almost impossible to find nowadays. But, before I go for another one of those, I have to be assured that the underbody is completely rust free, I will not attempt to fix a Mercedes unibody ever again. I'd really like a 1951-53 Mercedes 220, but those things go for stupid money now, even as wrecks. And there were about 5 sold in North America it seems, there just aren't any around. I also saw a unique car that I used to be very familiar with that no one here probably has ever heard of, a 55-61 Borgward Isabella. I'm looking for a coupe, but I'll entertain a good sedan. The one currently on eBay is a sunbleached wreck that they want too much for.

Otherwise, hope everyone is doing well, and that you all have a great day!
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:23 AM

Well, the edit / delete worked on that duplicate post- good to know- thanks Norm and Allan. Went over to barn today to try and get in- no luck. I put some ice melt around the outside of the door, I hope some of the salty brine will seep in and work on the ice in back of the door. I don't think it will work cuz the threshold is angled down towards the outside, but it's worth a try. Next year I will not let the snow/ice accumulate. This was the first year that had a lot of snow since I've owned the barn- I'm learning.
This is the 2nd post to the thread today. I have a lot to do but can't do it because I can't get in the barn. So vegging watching Golf on TV, actually a little bored. Well I guess I'll look on the site and see whats going on with the Oldsmobiles!
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:25 AM

Evening.

So, all the visiting got done. Not again any time soon. Im perfectly fine on my own at home. Not much else really for today, spend whole day on that "tour".

Nailheadcanuck - Nah, ive even seen Borgward Isabella live at local car show. We have here ( at Finland) even a club dedicated to Borgwards, Goliaths, Hansas and Lloyds. If you have time, just out of interest, could you post a Picture of that Oldsmobile service-guild watch?

redoldsman - Happy to hear you had a good trip. You listen jazz?

Allan R - Just to throw something out, licence plate said "Mr" and you quessed Hastings No idea really..

Okay, have a day all. Its a new week tomorrow. Ill probably watch some tv and go to bed.
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Looks like grilling steaks is on the menu for tonight. Got some huge thick rib eyes that are just waiting to meet Mr. Grill. I like em medium rare so I'll have to remember the magic time and temp from last year.

Originally Posted by Inline
Just to throw something out, licence plate said "Mr" and you quessed Hastings No idea really..
hahaha, you're funny Jouni. If the License plate said Mr I could have guessed any name and had a snowflakes chance in hell. But I'll help you out a bit. There was NO LETTERING on the plate (except to identify the Province it was registered in). You love history so you should be able to solve this one. Think of 4 numbers way before 1945.
Old March 17th, 2019, 11:49 AM

Ta answer the question

Chopped poke sandwich and a cup of Brunswick stew. This particular BBQ joint was owned by one family. All the bothers and sister had a separate location all over Atlanta, This is the only one left and it's 30 miles from my house. We [high school friends] grew up eating at one close to school [when we weren't at the Varsity] It's been closed for years. Pretty good Q

Mike, If you're driving around the east side of I 285 roll down your windows around North Lake, Ya can smell the place cooking poke

Allan, there were guys there but did n't get in any pics, Too busy chowing down
Old March 17th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Oh no, not again...

Okay; so I got the second Olds Service Guild watch done. It's clean and running, I'll know whether it'll be "happy" after a 24 hour shakedown. Right now it's wound up and running well. But I'm not happy with how the most important part, the dial, turned out. The old varnish had started to lift and flake, there were rust pustules starting to form, and so I had to lift the varnish off and try and clean it. I hate having to clean dials, because it's always a crap shoot. So, it came off, except for a spot dead centre, where the varnish is still adhering strongly. I don't want to attack it with anything else for fear of lifting off the printing, these dials were cheaply made and designed to rust. So as you can see in the picture below, the watch looks great except for a huge blemish in the centre. (Expletives repeated, and deleted)

Maybe someone more gifted than me can either lift his off or refinish it. I have no idea what the original varnish was, undoubtedly something Swiss and cheap. like everything else Swiss is.

Anyway, here it is, it is for sale, it's currently on a spare leather strap. The case is new NOS Gruen. The watch likely dates to between 1955-1965, when Gruen packed it in and went out of business. The movement is a Precision (Gruen) 510 RSS, 17 jewels. I'll let the new owner screw around with varnish removers, I'm not about to. It is not waterproof, the crown is still the original so not water-safe. It is shockproof and anti-magnetic. There is a little luminescence left on the hands, so it probably is a later one.
I'd like to keep it at least a week and ensure that it stays running. If I do sell it, due to it's age, there will be no warranty.

As far as I know, (and former Oldsmobile employees can further illuminate) these watches were given out to Olds mechanics, not sure why, I'm assuming they got them once they completed the Olds mechanic's training. Most I've seen are pretty well used and scuffed up and full of grease and oil. This one certainly was, as was the one I'm currently wearing.

I'm done...have a great night all!

Old March 17th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Oh no, not again...

Harald was taken out by William the Bastard, otherwise known as the Conqueror...

So is that it?
Old March 17th, 2019, 07:55 PM

I don't know. Marc are you referring to the battle of Hastings? Then your guess is better than mine. We probably covered that somewhere in history class, just been too long to remember. Now my curiosity is up, gonna go searching. By the way, Mike has a Borgward. Greg, we have 40's-50's weather coming up this week, so you should be able to get into you barn.
Old March 18th, 2019, 02:32 AM

chili but clear,,

Tis Monday so guess what?

Thanks Norm, I"ll add you help to the 300 other wing thoughts going thu my mind during my back swing

Ya'll aren't gonna believe this but the ONLY thing I remember about French class is how to describe the Battle of Hastings in French

"dix soixante six"

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 18th, 2019, 02:41 AM

Morning everyone.

Sound of spring… ahh…. Water dripping from melting snow.. Love that sound. I can almost smell hot asphalt already.. Bringing some joy and meanwhile money to my pocket..
Heh

Debating here alone. I remember two years ago when i started my build, my original plan was to do max.effort build, since it costs virtually the same. Tho, i went the same route on Volvo some moons ago, bored and stroked B20, big cam, headers. Was a PITA to drive when not toying. So as this build this go, ive toned it down, in the spirit of what i want from my build, fast road-car. 300hv will do it, and be fun to drive around.
Well, headers. Long-tubes i didnt buy, since theres zero fitting ones to 73-77 A-bodies as far as i know, and its pretty much debated topic. So i bought shorties. And now im even thinking should i even bother with those. I can reach my 300hv without them, and my wild quess is theres not even much difference to manifolds. So, ive been eyeing Thorntons for a looong time. Just due to my manifolds being cracked. So, there i was today looking my stuff once again, and i quess i toss those and just buy manifolds. All the hassle of tube-headers without gains of long-tubes. Crap-fitting collectors, questionable flange, rusting, and tight 90* bend straight after the collector to not hit the ground. It occured to me, that i might be getting old?
Damn i laughed to this tought alone so that my wife was asking what the heck are you laughing about

Hm. Not much to do today? Well, im sure the day will end at some point.

Allan R - I quess Nailheadcanuck nailed it on his answer

Nailheadcanuck - Thanks for the Pictures

Okay, have a day all. Ill go kill time somewhere and somehow.
Old March 18th, 2019, 06:31 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Good grief, That's GREAT, You should go on the tour. Have yo ever thought of going to Q school?
James - OMG! My putting average is ~34 putts/round NOT ~24 putts/round. Not sure if that was a finger slip or that number (24) was already in my mind from something else. I remember someone (the UPS driver) was at my front door when I was responding. He dropped off the new carpet I ordered for the car from Legendary.

Good grief, That's GREAT, You should go on the tour. Have you ever thought of going to Q school?
Averaging ~24 putts/round I would head to Q school!

What's your handicap?
I 'generally' maintain a +10 HC during the summer months when there's some turf under the ball. Currently, I'm barely hanging onto a +14 HC.

I got the new Legendary Dark Copper carpet installed. I was confused when it came time to reinstall the front seat belts since there were eight sets of seat belts. Reviewing the Fisher Body Assembly Manual it became apparent the extra set of seat belts is to accommodate a shoulder harness belt on each (passenger & driver) side of the front seat. I did notice upon removal of the seat belts the style of bolt used to fasten the three belts to the floor which also matched the Fisher Body Assembly Manual descriptions (for all Models except convertible); yet, it doesn't describe convertible anywhere. Those bolts are of exactly the proper length to accommodate three belts each. I'm positive someone had replaced the original carpet in this car (with a puke copper/orange) - the reason I installed new carpet. What's surprising is why they installed the eight original seat belts (same matching color as the interior trim). I can only suspect because that's how many they originally found in the car when it was assembled at the factory.

I'm sure it's an original convertible (matching cowl tag designation) i.e. someone didn't saw off the hard-top and turn it into a convertible.
Maybe someone was going to put a hard-top on an original convertible?

Just having fun here. I can only assume the factory puts the same number of seat belts in all the vehicles as the frame moves down the assembly line & prior to the body being bolted onto the frame. Those bolts which mount to the floor are designed to accommodate three seat belts - no more & no less. The car now has one less set of seat belts & a couple new 1/16" thick washers to make up the space where the extra belt would have been attached inside the bolt.

Old March 18th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Running On Empty

Thanks Norm, I"ll add you help to the 300 other wing thoughts going thu my mind during my back swing
Right now I'm concentrating on only two thoughts: (1) Pulling through my swing & (2) maintaining posture (no swaying) in my back swing.

Shot an 82 yesterday - trending in the right direction. Course still has no turf under the ball (of course) but the fairways have dried out considerably. We've been playing LC&P for nearly three or four months we've had so much rain here. Normal rainfall is 56"/year and we had 108" total rainfall last year - with 25" arriving in three days from hurricane Florence.
Old March 18th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all,

Canada continues to do well at the WWCC in Denmark. Last night they won against Latvia but it was a close game mostly because Chelsea Carey wasn't playing well and neither was Sarah Wilkes. Front end Dana Ferguson and Rachel Brown didn't communicate well to the house either. Room for improvement and they need a lot as there are some power house teams coming up.

Originally Posted by Nailheadcanuck
1066..........So is that it?
Ding! ding! ding! - we have a winner! Yes, that was the license plate on the Impala, and it was indeed Mr. Hastings who was driving. He asked how I knew and I told him I'd paid attention to the social studies that covered that era and battle. Nowadays there are so many personalized plates that make no sense I wouldn't attribute any of them to history or common sense.

Jim - Good luck, but whitey already knows your habits. I'm guessing 47/44 today.

Jouni - Relax, getting old isn't anything to worry about. And don't worry about the project. So many of them posted on CO that have changed their initial design during the build you won't be the only one who's done it. Just finish up and be happy with what you've got so you can go broke filling it with petrol...

Norm - Strange you had 8 sets, especially with a vert. Can't speak to why that was done though. My 72 has 6 sets of belts, but has the shoulder belts that are tucked up in a sleeve above the windlace. The attach to a slot in the drivers and passengers buckle. I don't use them because they are uncomfortable - no inertia lock like new ones.

The jerky I made is going fast. The boy is already into the second bag....31% protein per serving. The steaks last night turned out really well and went perfectly with the taters, mushrooms, and asparagus drowned in hollandaise sauce.

Old March 18th, 2019, 09:05 AM

Evening. Dont know how i made it to 6pm but here we are. Now its all fine when sauna is heating up, and beer is cold Surprise…. surprise……

Did "snow"-work.. That wet stuff.. Is it called slush or something like that ??? Shoveled it away frm paths. And received, ah, always so waited electric bill. Not bad, 700$ for two months. Not bad considering my best ever has been around 570$ for a month

Allan R - No worries, im finishing it up as fast as i can afford. As i said, was "wondering myself" how things and perspective to them changes in a span of two years.
Beef jerky is super delicious, and talk about steaks….. You made me hungry, Oh, the perfect summer fridays, when you come from work to rest for weekend, light the sauna up, take a cold one, and light the grill and put few delicious steaks on it...… Oh the joy
Old March 18th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Just got my confirmation that the new shoes for the Sonata have arrived. Booked an appointment for next Thursday after I'm done the bonspiel. FINALLY I can be rid of those noisy Goodyear Winter Ice radials that never seem to be able to be balanced right. They're 10+ years old and even though they look good, they're not.

Jouni - C'mon over. I got lots of Jerky and cold ones. Anytime you want to stop by. Yeah, clearing slush is a major PITA. I use my snow blower for that because I'm not young like you.
Old March 18th, 2019, 12:32 PM

Allan, 47/40 Sloshing around

Norm, Periodically out of no where, I'll get the dreaded Shanks, When I do all I can concentrate on is not hitting a shank, I forget distance, direction Everything til I stop . Makes fer a long day

FWIW, My 69 Vista Cruiser has buckets, console and floor shift and it has separate shoulder belts but the buckles for the shoulder belt is larger than the buckles for the seat belt. My 69 drop top has no shoulder belts jes deluxe seat belts

If your leaning on the right arm rest in a Suburban when you get rear ended by a semi [while stopped at a red light] You will partially come out of the lap/shoulder belt combo and crack you head on the overhead sun glass holder[ please don't ax me how I know this] but my long awaited point is the separate shoulder/lap belt combo is a PITA but actually werks better than the new style shoulder/lap belt combo
Old March 18th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Running On Empty

FWIW - I never even heard of a Battle Of Hastings.
Old March 18th, 2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
FWIW - I never even heard of a Battle Of Hastings.
Well, it's pretty famous, They even made a rug ta tell the story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayeux_Tapestry