The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
So Norm, are you saying that the plastic oil used on the grill, and the bowling shoe spray used on the waffle irons, isn't a preferred source of nutrition? Hm. Just about everything they serve comes out of a bag. Obviously I don't go there for the food. Funny, when I was little I ate pretty much anything and everything. My Dad called me "Garbage Gut."
Sum beach you're a funny bugger! I like.

EDIT: Alldo, dem der folks round here wood says: "Dat boy ain't right in da head"
Old March 1st, 2019, 02:55 AM

mawn'in

Warm but more rain headed this way

Mike, The answer is Waffle House chili
Do you remember the TV show Ironside? Raymond Burr lived off chili.......................... fiber in the beans, protein in the meat and tomatoes in the sauce. If ya could find sum low salt, it might help

Headed norte

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 1st, 2019, 06:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Brrr morning everyone,

-25 with wind chill of -30 this morning. Lovely, just freakin lovely. Light dusting of snow overnight too. Should make the commute a bundle of fun.

I have a replacement second for curling today - Diayo Sawada. Hopefully everything works out well and we pull off a win. Jouni - you might need to pony up a few more €'s

Aron - You're making great progress from the sounds of things. Don't worry about what you talk about; this forum doesn't discriminate that way. Steps are something that most people take for granted, but in your case they are a milestone. Good job!

Jim - I know maters are fruit but yer right. Most people don't. Was that Red Dog that had the mouth cancer?

Marc - Have fun out to the Fort today.

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Mike- At any rate, good for you to attempt to step up to the plate
That's a terrible pun, but I like it.
Old March 1st, 2019, 07:35 AM

What a night! Found out going up the steps is quite a bit easier than coming down....but had Bob, Steve, and JW surrounding me both ways for insurance! Band was awesome, and overwhelmed by all the hugs and kisses from our Balcony Club Family. We are extremely lucky: have Juju's
Family, my Family, our 'Hood Family, our BC Family, and our Oldsmobile Family. Ah, yes, life is good. Accomplished one of my primary goals from all the therapy since the stroke in September: going back to the Balcony Club, up/down the stairs, where I had the stroke in September last. Still count myself very lucky, could have been much worse. Now, next goal is to drive my car(s) once again. Keep on chuggin' !

Last edited by Aron Nance; March 1st, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old March 1st, 2019, 10:43 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got home from Awful house. Got out of work around 11 and stopped at Lowes for more fence posts, then went to lunch. Wasn't busy, which is good. Allan that pun went right over my head.

Aron glad you had a good time. I didn't realize you had your stroke at the club. What an amazing feat to overcome going back.

You know Jamesbo salt isn't something I've ever used a lot of. I don't usually add it to food and the rare occasions I cook I don't add as much as I'm supposed to. It's not that I like bland food, I just don't like salt.

Gonna take the big truck to the mechanic tomorrow so I'll go over to the shop and bring it home to save some time in the morning. Then I'm going to continue with my fence. I need to revise my plan, because I was just going to string it all across the back, but then I won't be able to get to the wall and do work. Eh, we'll see.

Okay gotta get moving. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old March 1st, 2019, 12:06 PM
Running On Empty

Allan that pun went right over my head.

mikemikemikemikemike

Old March 1st, 2019, 06:16 PM
Oh no, not again...

Kind of a crap day today, just found out that I'm essentially Olds-less again. It seems my buddy who gave me the 53 sedan needed a few bits (like a front fender, glovebox door, heater vents, windshield trim and some trim) and left the rotten junk swapped from his car lying beside the carcass. Background story; my buddy was going into semi-retirement and sold his farm and moved to the coast. He works and commutes part time here. He is rebuilding a 53 Super hardtop, and it was ready for paint when he moved. He needed to get rid of the "parts car" and gave it to me for services rendered. (I rebuilt his engine and have been his go-to mechanic for the past 10 or so years) He told me when I accepted the car that he didn't need anything else and that I would get the car "whole" in spring. Seems that's not the case now, I get a scavenged wreck. I still don't know why he all of a sudden needed these parts, considering everything was "done" and the car just needed paint to complete. He didn't even give me the benefit of a phone call to tell me he was going to do this, I found out from the guys I work with who work on his crew. Am I correct in thinking that's kind of a crappy thing for a friend to do? So I'm a little pissed; and, he can have the carcass back to deal with, I'm not going to take a car that was once whole and now is wrecked. Who knows what all got lost, it's sitting in snow. The deal breaker isn't so much the parts, but the way it was handled. Had it been up to me, I would have at least given the courtesy of a phone call and had a discussion as to how to work things out. I probably would have let him swap some parts. He didn't do that, he just went ahead and took what he needed. Possession being 9-10ths, he can now keep it. He still hasn't come and talked to me about it.
Luckily, I don't have much money spent on it yet, and some of the things I have already bought I can send back and get refunds on, it'll cost me some shipping.

Had to break it to the boy today that this summer's project is not going to happen. We had a discussion about respect and the meaning of the word friend.

I'll stay on this forum and hang around; you guys are great and I'm learning a lot here.

After I get over my anger, maybe I'll start looking for a 62 Starfire, a car I've always wanted.

I guess I''ll go and change my avatar; it's the engine I built for him.
Old March 1st, 2019, 06:37 PM
Always room for one more

Wow Marc that does suck. With friends like that... My neighbor is building a 62 Starfire convertible. If you want some [motivation] check him out on here, dennis_30281 . It's going to be beautiful. That doesn't make up for your friend.

Got the truck home and it's filled up with fuel. I wanted to get a couple tires into the back to take with, but they are like airplane tires, no way could I lift them. So they may go they may not. I didn't get my fence worked on because I left the posts in the car, and left the car at the shop to bring the truck. The weather played the rain/sun/rain/sun game again today, so I didn't much care.

Gonna meet the guy going with me at the Awful house around 6 in the morning. Hope it doesn't take the whole day. The mechanic is about an hour by car, almost twice that by truck. Eh, I'm lucky he's that close.

Okay time to hit the sack. So much for staying up way late on the weekend. Well, if it was a school night I'd have been in bed over an hour already. So it's something. Have a good night everyone.
Old March 1st, 2019, 10:39 PM

Marc, were services rendered the engine rebuild? if so, send him a bill, because what he left you surely won't cover that cost.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 04:43 AM

Marc, In my opinion what your "friend" did was definitely wrong. Hope you can work it out and save the friendship,(if it's worth it- only you know that). I enjoy your contributions to the site and hope you stay here, with or without the Olds,
Looks like we got about 3-4 inches of snow last night. Maybe will try to take another ride today. I've put over 1000 miles on the snowmobile this year.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 07:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I think I'll borrow a line from Jim about yesterday - I played like a goat. My last rock was a draw (and if felt great out of my hand) that the sweepers didn't touch till half way down the ice. That's usually an indication that it's got good weight and just needs finishing. Some finish, it ends up 2' short of the rings Too bad because it was the tie point if Colin missed his shot, which he didn't. Crash and burn. So Jouni's one game closer to breaking even.

Funeral for the MIL today. She came into the world in the cold and she's leaving in the cold. -29 and wind chill of -36 right now which doesn't bode well for the overall funeral. Mass at 10:00. Why are Masses so long and complex anyway? I doubt there will be a large crowd.

Marc - Sounds like he's not really your friend after all. Maybe he's got the onset of dementia and doesn't remember gifting you the car? Are you going to give him a call and discuss? I agree with Dan that if he's changing the terms of the gift after the fact, you should get some compensation for your work. A 62 Starfire would be a gorgeous car all done up. Any leads on where you'll find one without spending the $$$$$$$$ most of the collector cars up here are listed for? I think people look at BJ and think "Yeah buddy, that pile in the field is worth at least 30K" when it's worth maybe 800 bucks. Hard to find parts for Starfires . Gee, if you need a summer project you can rebuilt my 350 Stick with us, you're informative and entertaining too!
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:50 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Guys:
It is a nasty morning here with 40 degrees and probably rain later. We were supposed to go to the Sweethearts & Orphans show in Waxahachie which is about 40 miles south of us. It is raining there and about the same temp with a high of 51 forecast. With the forecast I backed out. It is a fun show with lots of unusual cars and I really hated to miss it. The weather can be very iffy this time of year. It was absolutely perfect last year. I guess I am out $88 since I already paid my entry fee and for the dinner tonight. It least I was able to cancel the hotel room (2 nights). I had to put new tires on the 2010 Ford Flex yesterday. It has 20 inch wheels on it and I shopped the heck out of tires. I could buy a pretty decent used car with the money I have spent at Discount Tire over the past 30+ years. I wound up buying a set of Cooper Tires from discountire.com. They don't stock them in their store but you order them and they ship them to the store. I saved about $200 over the price of the Nittos. All in I was $675 for all four mounted and balanced. I checked Walmart, TireRack, Sam's and Costco. Discount Tire is a great company. In the last month I have spent over $1,100 including the trailer tires I bought about 3 weeks ago.
Marc, sorry about the guy that claimed to be your friend. I have had things happen (maybe not as bad as you) over the years with people I thought were my friends that disappointed me. I think there are lots of folks who claim to be your friend as long as it benefits them. Then when you need something they are hard t find. I wish I had a good friend that I could share lots of my car stuff with but it is not going to happen. Years ago back in the 80's I had a friend that could have been a good friend if it were not for his wife. He had an outstanding Sunbeam Tiger. They moved away and I doubt they remained married. My wife has had similar experiences so we both gave up on it and remain each others best friend. We had a guy in our Olds Club that just sold a 62 Starfire that he had for 41 years. Most of the paint on it was original. If I had space I would have bought the car. From what I heard he was asking, it was a bargain and a very nice car. It now resided in California.
Well, I have a little office work to do today. Hope all of you have a good day.

Glenn
Old March 2nd, 2019, 10:15 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got back from taking the truck. Got up at 5 and got the tires in the back of the Tigermobile. Went to meet my buddy at the Awful house. We were trying to figure out how to get the tires into the back of his truck when this guy shows up my buddy knew, big hulk of a man(turns out he's an ironworker) and he picked up those tires like they were nothing and slung them into the back of the pickup. Now, this is a 2500HD so it's taller than usual. I was astounded. Found out later a fully built up Deuce tire weighs 166lbs.

So it was a long ride up there, that truck is a handful. There's no letting your guard down because people will get mad that you're going so slow and try to pass, not realizing they could get squashed like a bug if they miscalculate. And various road conditions, a tire could hit a bump or get in a rut and jerk the wheel to one side. It's quite a challenge.

Glenn I've spent so much at Discount Tire over the years they should have my picture hanging up. I agree they are a great place. I've got a couple more sets I need to think about.

I need to go over to the shop and get the fence posts and continue with that. Sun is out now but it's supposed to rain later. Also need to start gathering supplies to continue with the wall. I hate to think of how much concrete I've poured into it so far.

Okay have a good Saturday.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 12:10 PM

Glenn, was your buddys '62 Starfire in the JWO classifieds? Furnell, TX?
Old March 2nd, 2019, 12:16 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I didn't see the ad but that was it. I have ridden in that car and it is a very nice car. We were all surprised he sold it but there has been some changes in his situation. I love 62 Starfires.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 12:30 PM

I agree, nice cars. I was going to post the ad for Marc, but saw that it was in Texas, and thought that it might be the one that you referred to earlier.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 04:23 PM
Oh no, not again...

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it. I will be sticking around, consider me "in between Oldsmobiles" at the present.

I'm going to be talking to "buddy" next week. I want to cool down and approach it with a level head, that way when I say something it will be well thought out and not emotional. But I think that friendship is over, he's done a few things in the past that I did forgive, (including wrecking a 58 Mercedes that I was trying to sell) and I think it's time to call it the last straw. (What's the old saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?) So I think I'll move on. He still has my engine crane and 2 engine stands of mine, so I have to liberate them before I completely burn that bridge.

So yes, I'll be looking around for a nice 62 Starfire. I think I'm going to sell one of my convertibles and try and find a nice one. I'd prefer a maroon or red one with a matching interior, but if the car's in good enough shape, I'll look at any colour so long it isn't pink. I'd be OK with one that had a blown motor and a good body, but I'd prefer a nice runner. And, it'll have to be a coupe with a full load of options too, if I'm going to spend money, it's going to be right. First I have to decide which convertible to get rid of, and that's going to be a process in itself. Every time I look at one of them, I fall in love with them all over again. Sick, I know.

Went and got the booze for the Coin Show next weekend. We do a "Hospitality Suite" for all the dealers and volunteers on the Saturday night. It's usually a good time. I'm going to be staying at that dumpy hotel from Friday night all the way through Sunday, (I can already smell the pimp-oil air freshener they use, they douse the carpets that look like someone yakked all over them in that junk ) so it's going to be another busy weekend. And, I'm pleased to report that both of our overpass banners are still where we put them. So at least that's all set; on Friday we do set up, and then it all starts and won't wind down until after 6 on Sunday evening when we vacate.

Allan, if you have nothing to do next weekend, come on down and visit the Coin Show, I'll be working the Appraisal Table the entire weekend and I'd love to meet you. You'll know who I am, just ask for the president or biggest guy in the place, the people at the admission table will direct you to me, and I'm easy to spot if I'm moving around. Yeah, it'll cost you $5 to get in, but I'll give that back to you if you want. I offer free "market evaluations" of people's coins and watches at these shows, I do that to advertise my vintage car appraisal service that I've been keeping on idle for the past few years.

Going to take it easy this evening...have to catalog and price some watches for next week.

Have a good evening folks!
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:03 PM
Running On Empty

I need to revise my plan, because I was just going to string it all across the back, but then I won't be able to get to the wall and do work. Eh, we'll see.
Mike- Put up your fence & put in a double swinging gate so you can get your back-hoe (and other manly stuff) in & out of the yard.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 08:55 PM
Always room for one more

Well fun and interesting day. Always a good time driving a large and imposing truck 51 miles. This afternoon I needed to get into the blue van, which has been up on stands for I don't remember how long. Well, pulled a wheel off and after busting a few knuckles, soaked down some fasteners with penetrant, and almost got a brake flex line off. Never did make it back to the shop to get my posts.

Norm the fence I'm putting up is temporary. My yard backs up to a lake, and the level is down and my dog likes to jump over the wall and into the mud. So I'm putting up what amounts to heavy duty chicken wire, and when the lake is back up I'll take the fence down.

So I was doing some surfing of craigslist, or maybe some trolling, and wouldn't you know it I saw a car I liked in Texas. Now, it does surely say in the ad email the guy a number, but I didn't want to talk to him. I just had a couple quick questions. So I emailed my questions and the dude writes back, simply, leave a number. How hard would it have been to answer my questions? So I said I didn't have a number I could receive calls, and good luck to him. People act like they're some sort of important. The hell with him. If I decide I really want to pursue this car, I have about 18 email addresses I'll just write back from another one. He won't know it's me.

Also saw a 68 Valiant out in Los Angeles. I have a soft spot for 68 Valiants. And it was nice and it was cheep. Man I wish I could go out and get it, and drive 4 lanes the whole way back. Valiants are such nice driving cars. Maybe I could start driving and after a couple days park at an airport and fly home, and then every weekend drive a little more and then fly home, until I get home. That would be weird.

Well, it's been a long time since I saw midnight. But I think I'll hit the sack, and sleep in. No clue what the weather will do tomorrow, it was supposed to rain this afternoon but the sun was out. So who knows.

Good night everyone.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:00 AM
Always room for one more

Hm. Everyone must be with Jamesbo up in da hills.

How's everyone doing? Rain here. Went to the junkyard and it was dark, went to Walmart and it was pouring when I came out. One thing I hate is getting rained on. So I'm in for the duration.

So nothing good at the junkyard. I noticed an abundance of Chrysler 300's.

Marc I don't suppose you'd tell me the build date of your 67 Wildcat.

Didn't sleep very well last night. I feel like I could go to sleep now and sleep all the way to morning. Eh, got a couple things to do inside then I'll goof off.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:02 AM

Like a cow on a flat rock

Back from the hills, Spent the weekend cooking Chili,spaghetti, a deep dish pizza and sum shrimp salad,[and of course sum biscuits] .so, I won't have to fix my lunch or dinner this coming week, Jes heat and eat

Allan, No Red dog is as healthy as a horse. Before Red. I had Amber [that had the mouth cancer] and before her I had Chelsea. Only had 3 Golden, I used to have black labs Tar baby and Jack Black to name a few. Tar baby could sit on the pitches mount [figuratively] and you could send him wit a whistle blast to 1st, 2nd, 3rd base or right left center fields. He was a duck hunting fool

Marc, I'm with you once Shame on you twice,shame on me.

Gonna slosh around
tomorrowand smacly whitey, Norm, Golf is kinda like playing fetch with yourself Isn't it

Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:35 AM
Oh no, not again...

Good Morning !

Mike, I don't know the build date; I used to have the build sheet but it got lost something like 20 years ago. I seem to recall it was built in early 67, around April, and it was made in Fairfax Kansas. It was shipped to Jimmy Pattison's Pontiac-Buick Dealership in Richmond BC, ( a suburb of Vancouver). It was stolen in 1977 in Cranbrook, and left for dead in the mid-eighties. By then someone had put a Maaco "splash and dash" paintjob on it. I got it in 1990, it had what was left of the original rag, it was missing a few parts, and every lock had been bludgeoned out of it. It had been lying in a salvage lot for 2 years by that point. Air cleaner and Carb was gone, valence and wipers were gone, headlight doors and hubcaps were gone, and a few interior bits were missing. I hockey-taped up the top and the front driver's seat, put a carb on it, got it running and drove it out of the salvage lot. It's never missed a beat since then and is still running on it's original engine. It'll still lay rubber into 2nd gear. I think what sent it to the wrecker was the starter and a brake issue, (rear brake lines had rusted out, master cylinder was shot) both of which I corrected before I even left the yard. This year I'm going to overhaul that carb I put on it in 1990; - it's starting to leak and it's using a ton of fuel. I think the well plugs are leaky too. I should also finally get in there and change out that nylon timing gear, it's still the original, and maybe put in a new chain while I'm at it and try and preserve that engine. I've driven that car back to "home" in Richmond twice; it did the 1200 mile round trip with no issues other than using a lot of gas and being noisy. It's a lot of fun to drive; 360 hp and 475 ft-lbs torque. It's hooked up to a "switch-pitch" TH 400, and it pulls like an ox.
Here's a Hemmings article on the Buick Big Block engine;
https://www.hemmings.com/magazine/hm...0/3734361.html

Anyway...as I said, every time I go out there and look at it, I fall in love with it again. It's nicely loaded too; it has power windows, power seat, power top (of course) tilt, AM/FM radio, and the proper 1967 only underdash 8-track. It doesn't have A/C, which makes it useless for the southern States, or at least a tough sell anywhere south of the 48th.

Here's a pic of it:

So I don't know what I'm going to do with this yet.

So today I don't have to do the Canadian version of ":whackin' whitey" around; it's a blazing clear day with lots of useless sunshine, it hasn't snowed, so no shoveling, but it is still cold, around zero F.

Just going to take it easy today...

Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Got company coming this afternoon. I bought some chicken thighs on Friday since they were a real good price. I cleaned them today - skinless/boneless now. Making cheekin zoop with the bones and the rest will be made into cripsy baked cheekin thighs. Spoda look like this.

Served with asparagus and rice. Also having a Mater/cucumber salad.

Marc - It looks really good! Don't know about the coin show. I'm numismatically challenged. Every time someone says 'change' I think they want me to wear different clothes... That's the same weekend as the Brier playoffs and finals.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 12:21 PM

Marc, your Wildcat sure looks nice. Great color to boot. Not much doing here. Went to dinner last night with friends, had the London Broil, not too shabby. Getting all of my documents together for the tax man. I usually have my refund by now, just ain't in a hurry this year.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:16 PM
Always room for one more

Marc that sure is a pretty car. I don't think you were here yet when I was looking for a car that was built on the day I was born. I've got lists of VINs and data plate info on all sorts of 67 vehicles, went to look at a Cutlass Supreme convertible that had the right date, but no paperwork so I couldn't narrow down the day. Plus it had a different trans and some butt-ugly pillow interior, and it was the wrong color white. Looked like an appliance. I still look but don't get into a frenzy like I did. I don't feel old but when I say I'm looking for a car that's 51 years old it doesn't sound right.

We had some pretty hard rain all afternoon, and then just before it got dark the sun came out. Now it's windy. It's supposed to be very cold most of the week. So much for our early spring.

Dan I used to have my taxes filed as soon as I got all the information, and I'd have my return by the middle of February. But for as long as I can remember now I drag my feet until the very end and don't get my return until almost June. I usually don't see the state return until mid summer.

Work tomorrow, gotta be there the whole week. Who on earth wants to work 5 days in a row? Well, this will be it then next week I'm off. I see that the State Department has cashed my check, so maybe they're working on the new passport and I'll get it in time. Either way I'm going somewhere next week. I don't want to make too many plans, because then I won't know which one to hope for.

Okay beddy time. Hope everyone starts out their week good.
Old March 4th, 2019, 04:37 AM

Car looks great, Marc. Hope you all are doing good, no news from me today....
Old March 4th, 2019, 05:43 AM

mawn'in

Too cold ta go smack whitey

Marc, Beautiful car There's a stage 1 4 speed granny Sport drop top not too far from me.

All the tornados struck way south of us, but it's a mess in Alabama and south Ga

Mike, I really envy people with attached garages. I have ta slosh around in the rain to load and unload my truck and I hate it, Ya shoulda seen me yesterday hauling a cooler and trying to balance an umbrella on my head [did';t werk]

Old March 4th, 2019, 06:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

We've been back to the same ol same ol freezing temps last few days, and today isn't starting off any different. We had a good visit with the relatives who dropped in yesterday and went through several books of pictures and family history with them. I can't believe how much everyone has changed and how the families have also. Lots of new additions and sadly lots of missing ones. The meal also went really well, and that cheekin recipe worked perfectly. The cheekin zoop was also a big hit. The missus baked some brownies for dessert which got topped with some french vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

Wildcard Brendan Bottcher is doing well at the Brier. Yesterday he knocked off Mike McEwan in a surprising 9-8 victory. It didn't look good in the early ends, but in the second half, 2 ends of 3 points and then played to perfection for the force and win. More today with 3 games scheduled.

The rugrats will be heading back to school today after their brief 2 day teachers convention last week. Not that they could do much outside anyway.....
Old March 4th, 2019, 08:46 AM

Good to hear that the weather went south of you guys in GA. Nasty. Allan we are @ 11° right now, warm for you I suppose, but we should be around 40° for highs right now.
Old March 4th, 2019, 08:55 AM

There ya go Jamesbo,it'll free up your hands.
Old March 4th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning (almost) Guys:
It was 22 degree here this morning and is supposed to be back down to 23 tonight. The high today is supposed to be 36 but the sun is shining. Like most of you I am tired of all this rain.
Allan, sorry about your MIL. I am glad all went well.
Jim and Mike I am glad the tornados missed you guys. We had a really bad one hit Rowlett the day after Christmas three years ago. Lots of home destroyed but nobody in those homes died or even had any serious injuries. There were something like 6 or 8 people killed when they were blown off the overpass on I30 and the Bush Tollroad. We were not home but it went about a mile behind our house.
Marc, I will tell you two more Buick stories and then I am done. One of the older mechanics told me when the first V8 Buick came out in 1953 they had so many people complaining about gas mileage. They actually had a few cars they changed the speedometer drive gears in so they would show more than actual miles driven. Apparently nobody ever figured it out. The other story involved a guy I went to high school with who bought a 64 Wildcat (not from the dealership) with a 4-speed in it. He was my replacement in the parts department when I went in the USAF. It was a red with black vinyl top two door. He was killed in a car wreck when I was in Viet Nam but was not in the Wildcat. I saw the car a few years later sitting in a junkyard with no wheels on it. I imagine the engine and transmission were gone. It that time it was just an old car. What a Buick that would be today. Like many of them, if only we knew.
That is all today boys.
Glenn
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Busy day. Not hectic but steady all day long. Now if only I could have my desk to myself that would be great. That other guy is like talking to a brick wall. And other times it's like the brick wall is hitting me in the head.

So, 25 years today with Big D. Lots of different jobs, two stations, plenty of changes. For someone who had no clue what he wanted to do in life, I'd say I did pretty good, all things considered.

Glenn we had tornado warnings up here but nothing came of them. I had no idea Alabama had storms until I heard it on the radio this morning on the way to work. We haven't had a tornado around here in many years. But our luck isn't going to hold out forever, I'd love to have a tornado room I could hide in when I needed to.

It's sunny out but cold and windy. I think I'm in for the evening. When I was little I wanted to go out and play in the cold, probably because there was snow along with the cold and I wanted to play in the snow. But when I got older and the cold became a nuisance, my thinking changed.

Well have a good afternoon everyone.
Old March 4th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Dan, how is the Gabapentin treating you? Any less pain and also has it affected your drowsiness? I know that my dosage affects mine.
Old March 4th, 2019, 11:05 PM

Not bad Allan. A little drowsy on Saturday night, but I seem to be adapting, lessened the pain a bit, but I still get a charlie horse type of pain in my lower back and right "cheek" area. I thought for sure that I would be tired at work today because of it, but no problems. Dosage is 3 times a day.
Old March 5th, 2019, 06:18 AM

mawn'in

Kinda like December 7, 1941 There's a little Nip in the air [in the 20'sin the not so sunny south ]

Ya think I could find the umbrella hat in a large size? It needs to cover my shoulders. The again, I might fly off like Sally Fields

Old March 5th, 2019, 07:34 AM

Hello.

Sorry for being really short, but we get bored with friend, and we drove to Nordkapp, Norway, and bow were middle of nothing on Finland ice-fishing for week.

So ill get back later. Have a day.
Old March 5th, 2019, 07:44 AM

As to the Sweethearts and Orphans show in Waxahachie last weekend, we drove down in the CC and stayed with Mike and Cindy Payton and Rick wan Stacy
Winn drove over from Lubbock. House party! Really lousy weekend for a show, guessing about 25 cars showed to normal 60-70. Two AM Matadors, Metropolitan, Rambler, several Packards, Pontiac, etc. Was in the 30's with light wind. We sat in front of an abandoned store front on the square in our chairs. Breakfast, and a glass of wine later. Over at 3 as it started misting. Most fun at the house just catching up on all the gossip! Today high of 37, this
Saturday high of 79! Welcome to Texas!
Old March 5th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tax time is upon us. Ours is done and e-filed. Let's see if the gubment will quickly refund the $$ they stole from us over the past year.

Dan - glad it's working for you.

Jouni - What kind of fishes?

Jim - she was a hottie. No wonder Burt liked her...Those nun wings would nebber fit in the TA though.
Old March 5th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Went to the chiro after work. I don't know why people are so excited about an adjustment. I find it a tad uncomfortable. Maybe it will get better as time goes on.

Jamesbo she's my all time favorite. Gidget and The Flying Nun were a bit before my time, but she was(and still is) dynamite after that.

Sunny out but cold and windy. Was cold as a mother when I got up this morning. Supposed to warm up as the week goes on but rain this weekend. Where's the luck.

Okay Tiger needs some attention. I was over an hour late getting home, but he was curled up on the couch snoozing. There will be no pillows next week when he's in jail.
Old March 5th, 2019, 01:41 PM

Trying to fish and so far getting perch