The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:18 AM

Good morning everyone.

%¤#&¤%#&¤ Had snowed at night……………………………………….. Wheres the climate change when you need it?
Today someone comes to see my work-car, that pos Ford Mondeo. Otherwise its good, but soon its giving her clutch up, and im not into changing it. Winter is good time to sell, noone will notice it Yep, im flipping my work-cars over. So i dont have to never inspect them, i just buy one at spring which is just inspected, and when winter comes, i sell it out, and repeat. Sometimes i get lucky, sometimes not, since others are flipping these cheap cars too I have an eye on my friends car which he wants to get rid off, just inspected. Only problem is that it burns oil like no-one, but it would be perfect for me, i would just dump free waste-oil from work in it as long as it runs, and if it makes to end of next season, i just drive it to junkyard, its that cheap Btw, thats another pos Ford Mondeo too

Allan R - We would had alot warmer if i had batteries on Didnt have, and the cold kinda surprised since i hadnt looked weather forecasts. LOL you made me laugh all over with that "storing friends" comment

Jamesbo - What was that hearing about? Sounds really … interesting… that Program your city has?

redoldsman - Nice to hear your wifes surgery went that well. Shame about your back, hope it gets better with the chiropractor over time

Okay, have a day all. Off to snow-work…...
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:16 AM

mawn'in

Mike, Yep the neighborhood ***** specialize in creating land drama. I never should have gone to the meeting

Wood stove, There;s been alot of wind lately, I'm betting that;s the problem, I'd try making my chimney taller and get it away from the roof

Glenn, Good luck with the back, I'd try heating pad and elevate you knees to take the pressure off your lower disc

Adrian, I love Aussie humor

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:51 AM

Jamesbo, I'm getting a little slow, it took me a couple of seconds to get that Aussie video. Jouni, of course it's global warming, it's a warm snow, just like we got last night!
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another day like yesterday. Still locked out so I did absolutely nothing. Makes for a long day.

I'd be careful Jamesbo, that might replace the penguins.

Nice out, almost 70. But it's cloudy because it's supposed to start raining. I need to fill up the can with some dry firewood.

I need to make a couple phone calls this afternoon, and I had thought I might run a couple errands.

Glenn I think my next multi-level house is going to have an elevator.

Well I better do something. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 02:56 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Guys:
Jim, it took me about a minute to get the comedy. That is too funny. Thanks for sharing.
Had another visit with the chiropractor and a deep tissue massage. I have one more appointment on Friday. This thing is better but a long way from being done. I am hoping I haven't really screwed my back up and this becomes a chronic thing. That would cramp by lifestyle and plans I have for some of my projects. After the appointment Friday I will give it next week and see what is going on at the end of the week. If it is still giving me lots of pain it will probably be time to go the regular doctor and start that process.
Yesterday was cloudy and overcast but the temp go up into the high 50's. Today is a beautiful day but it is 47 degrees and down to 32 tonight. It was 32 last night. I know that would be a heat wave for some of you. I had to have the brakes done on my 2010 Ford Flex yesterday. I was going to do it but there is no telling when I may be in a position to do that and they had to be done. All new ceramic pads, new rotors on the rear and turn the front ones for $407. My local guy that does my muffler work did it and I thought the price was very reasonable. I totally trust him and he is a heck of a nice guy. It is good to have a go to guy.
That is about it from Rowlett, Texas for the day. Hope all of you have a good afternoon.
Glenn
Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Today started royally screwed up. I woke up this morning at 02:00 feeling something wasn't right. Besides being thirsty it took a minute to clue in. I had absolutely no feeling in my feet. That's a good thing BTW. Normally I have some neuropathy in my toes and it's painful at times. Not sure what happened or what I did to alleviate that but it was the most wonderful feeling in the world. I marvelled at how comfortable it felt to be pain free in my feet and I couldn't get back to sleep till around 3:30. When I woke up the next time (thinking it was around the normal 6:00 wake up) I got the shock of my life. It was 8:02! Heck, I'm spoda be outta here at 8:25 at the latest so I had to scramble to take my meds and insulin. No time for breakfast so I grabbed a couple of energy bars and stuffed them in my pocket along with a metformin tablet.

Good thing I plugged in the car last night because it was a cold -17 with windchill down to -26. And on top of that there was another inch of snow on top of the car. I knew that meant the Henday and Whitemud would be slow and likely have some slow spots. Yup, the Whitemud had a bottle neck but that was about all so I was only about 5 minutes later than normal. I ate the energy bars in the locker room while I was changing and popped the metformin afterwards.

Curling went really well. Winner winner chicken dinner. 6-1 for us and handshakes after the 7th end.

Glenn - Hope your back feels better soon. I think I'm looking at rear stabilizer links on the Sonata. They're cheap as boxed wine and I should be able to to that myself in the spring. Only thing that I'm a little concerned about will be the bolts that hold them on might be rusted. I guess that happens after 12 years. The car only has 85K miles on it but it's been an outside car all the time I've had it so it's had all kinds of exposure to rain, snow and sun. I found a place on line that will ship me all those parts new (free shipping) for both the Malibu and Sonata. You don't wanna know how much I'm saving on labor by doing it myself.

Jim - Yessir, Norm is the new norm. Quite a good guy too. Funny video; caught the entendre right away. The out takes were also pretty hilarious. You an I are both goin straight ta hell.

Went to see the dentist again today because the gum by the tooth he worked on was still pretty sensitive. Turns out there's a small ulcer. It should heal by Monday when the new crown goes in.

Damn the big oil companies to hell. They hiked the price of gas by 18¢/L here yesterday. Thieving bastards!! Today it's 'down' to 91.9/L. Small consolation when it should really be lower than 80. I'll wait till tomorrow to fill up. I don't like having the tank less than 1/2 when it's cold out. Besides, the missus wants to go shopping sooooo I get to buy some anchovies for my next pizza! Doesn't take much to keep me happy
Old January 23rd, 2019, 04:42 PM
Oh no, not again...

Love the clip; - word plays are fantastic when they work. It's like asking the airhead blonde at the hotel desk to page a Mr. Hunt; as in Mike.

Mike, it seems like your stove is using the chimney as an air intake; - weird problem to have. That video is pretty good; it honed in on a problem I thought about, the fact that the chimney is smaller than the intakes. A fire will take in as much air as it can, and if it's coming through the chimney and working backwards, yeah, the easiest solution would be to extend the chimney, ensure the firebox area is as warm as the house is, and that it is drafting the right way before you light it. Air temperature and pressure are weird things and to understand how it all works is a science in on itself.

Jamesbo; Gotta love when bureaucrats have the power to tell you how to live. But, like so many things, it all comes down to money. We found out that our county, which threatened hell and brimstone if we didn't get a final grade certificate, actually has no teeth to go after the developer when they goof it, or, fix the problem when it looks like the onus is on them. My neighbors and I have these grade certificates that all aren't worth the paper they were written on, the developer goofed and the neighborhood has a 12 foot hill where a basin should be. We asked them to fix it, and they just said "so sue us, and we'll keep you tied up in court until you go broke". So we have no recourse, and we're paying taxes for that privilege.

Allan, the guys tell me there are actually "snowmobile cops" who go out and check snowmobiles for documents and permits. It's a nasty fine and a tow (plus impound fees) if you're caught without the proper papers. That would be the last thing I'd expect to see when I'm on a machine, some idiot Standartenfuehrer wanting to inspect my papers. It seems that all levels of government are so desperate for cash that they'll fine you for looking sideways nowadays. Tends to take the fun out of anything.

Jouni, Yeah I'm waiting for climate change too. And the snow is supposed to be warmer now too. They say it was the hottest summer around here last year; I wonder how they arrived at that considering summer started late, ended early and there wasn't one day where it actually hit 30 C. But, you can make statistics say anything you want; and it sure seems some groups are taking advantage of that.

Dan, I guess you guys are getting hammered. The nice thing is that after about Feb. 10, the likelihood of having a severe cold spell last more than 48 hours is reduced exponentially. Yeah, I know, statistics...

Glenn, - good to hear your wife's procedure went well. And yes, a chiropractor has been the only thing keeping me out of a wheel chair. It's amazing what the back will do to you, and it's the strangest muscles that are affected. I just went through a nasty bout, just in time to end up with a flu. At least my back stopped hurting though.

Adrian, - what's the course you're doing? Is it work related or a personal interest one?

Well, that's it for me...still suffering with the flu, spent a lot of yesterday in bed alternately freezing or sweating, and shaking like a dog crapping broken glass. This is a bad one... Went to work today, and now am absolutely exhausted. Have a good night!

Last edited by Nailheadcanuck; January 23rd, 2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 05:40 PM
Running On Empty

What is this place - a men's locker room/sauna? I stay clear of gymnasiums and Turkish bath houses; not sure how I ended up here. Need a membership to get in?
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Norm, no it's the asylum. Free to join and speak your piece. Welcome aboard.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 10:26 PM

The WWI documentary that I posted about a week or so ago is being released in 500 theaters in the U.S. and Canada starting in February so maybe I'll get a look at it yet. Snow storm supposed to be headed for us on Monday, 10.5" they are guessing. The lake effect will probably kick in. Allan, the gas prices jumped here as well in the last week. Went from $1.95 to 2.15, and then $2.29, the buggers. Norm, we talk about everyday things here, sometimes even Oldsmobiles. The one thing that I noticed about the Hyundai in this weather with the all terrains, is that it does't handle as well on the snow covered and/or slick highway. The Continental all seasons that were on it before hugged the road much better, but with the heavy snow coming, it will handle the deep stuff better.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 10:45 PM

Good Morning everyone. Yep, you quessed it - more snow…………………………………………
As Nailheadcanuck sayed, that climate-change crap has gone over the top. If there is less snow than last year, its due to climate change, if theres more, its due to climate change. If sun raises at Morning, heck even that is due to climate change. Finland is prime-example, boy you should read our news. Were a Small country and our politicians, despite what people wants, want to make us the "top-students" at climate-change, and strangle us to taxes and prohibit everything meanwhile. Especially private-driving. Its easy from capital where there is metroes, trams, trains, armies of busses, but go away from capital and it simply gets impossible to cope without own car. No metros, no trams, few funny trains and occasional bus. /rant.

Allan R - Congrats for the win!

Vintagechief - Blasphemy! Turkish "sauna" is not sauna at all, its girls "sauna" at most. Proper sauna has 140F-190F temps and its heated by Wood; you drink beer there and spend hours, especially with friends. And welcome

Okay have a day all. Off to snow-work………..

Last edited by Inline; January 24th, 2019 at 03:24 AM.
Old January 24th, 2019, 03:14 AM

mawn'in

Welcome to the asylum Norm. Sure hope you like curling, watch repair, home improvement, health issues and other non sense. Feel free to speak your mind

Well, last night I got a call from the mountains. Somethings wrong with our community well. I'll bet a dollar to a doughnut one of my neighbors left a hose hooked up to a hose bib and it froze. I sure hope the pump didn't burn up. Either that or someone has a broken pipe inside their home. I shut my water of when I leave so it's not me

Naturally, I've got a family coming this morning so I can't run up. Hopefully my main man can figger out WTF is wrong

BTW What happened to London

Old January 24th, 2019, 03:33 AM
Running On Empty

Appears a fun place to enjoy the camaraderie of dedicated Oldsmobile enthusiasts - everyone on CO does a great job in providing support - certainly one of the better forum websites & delighted I joined. Thanks for the Welcomes.

Marc - I have a friend of 40+ years whose name is Michael Hunt. Very few of us call him Mike. Good thing he isn't from Connecticut - Mike Hunt from Connecti**** - Say what!

Weather was enjoyable yesterday - I managed to walk 18 - I play lots pasture pool (GOLF).

Weather not so pleasant today. Need some exercise - think I'll head into the man-cave & adjust the CS carburetor slow idle 1/64th of a turn.

Everyone have a pleasant day.
Old January 24th, 2019, 04:35 AM

Allan, Lookie ere, Another guy that likes to smack whitey around. I betcha he's a scratch golfer

Norm, I never play golf with anyone that has a 1 iron in their bag or whose middle name is a state. [ Like Norm Oklahoma Smith ]
Old January 24th, 2019, 05:13 AM
Running On Empty

James - Current handicap +14 USGA (I hate winter turf grass) - I can generally maintain a +10 (working to lower that to +8) - You'll never find a 1 iron in my bag. For the past eight years, I've worked as a (volunteer) Marshal for numerous PGA events (Greenbrier Classic, PGA, RBC, Wells Fargo, blah, blah). Enjoyable to interact and work alongside some of these great golfers. This year will be the first time I'll be a (volunteer) Marshal for the LPGA U.S. Women's Open, Charleston, SC.
Old January 24th, 2019, 05:39 AM

Got about 6" of the white stuff yesterday. We have 2 old snowmobiles, one a Polaris and one a Yamaha both '98's. The Polaris started right up and no problems. The Yamaha was dead. I knew it would be it needs a battery that costs more than one for a car. Anyway with a booster and some starting spray it ran, but not well. We may not have added fuel stabilizer last year and I think that was the problem. I added some new gas w some seafoam and after many tries got it off idle and moving. Went around and round in a field without letting it idle down and got better. Then took it out on the lake and ran the snot out of it. Much better but I don't trust it to take on a long ride yet. A buddy came over with his machine and I went with him on the Polaris over to a gas station and filled up and bought 2 trail permits. We then went for a 60 mile ride on the state trails. How beautiful it was, a perfect ride. Some areas looked like a war zone though from a storm last August. Trees were uprooted and lots of damage. Well it was worth the $96.00 for the permits already. I'll try to post a pic. Now I have to do the work and go out and shovel/blow the driveway!
Welcome Norm, You will like it here, I am a newbee to the morning thread but I look forward to checking it most every morning.
Old January 24th, 2019, 06:00 AM

Norm [Cause I come from a long line of sorry white trailer trash] I've only volunteered once several years ago [ At the Amex tournament at Capital City Club crabapple ] I volunteered to give out uniforms to volunteers. I figured I'd get my volunteering over in one day and see the tournament for free

I'm currently on the DL with a FUBAR elbow, but usually I'm a 15 working on becoming a 25

Anytime you're in the Atlanta area, I'd love for you to come kick my a$$ around the golf course
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Holy Samolians, anutter day that started later than it should have. Horrible late wake up (7:45) for some odd reason and my BG was waaaay out of line too. Just managed to get the trash out and around the corner comes the trash dude. WTH is he doing being on time especially when it's -18 out??? At least today there was no snow. Went back to Costco yet again yesterday (WOW! That's 3 times this week ) I had to return 2 Adidas sweat tops. Funny how brands have different sizes on labels. Anywho, they went back and surprise surprise surprise, there are none of the size I want. #@#)@#!! Didn't want to wast the trip so I had a dog with all the fixins and a pop. Their gas was also up - 91¢/L so i didn't buy any. I looked on the Gas Buddy site and it's down to less than that close to home so I'll go there and use my corporate card for a further 8¢ discount. De missus wants to go shopping later so timing will be perfect.

Jim - I is a scratch golfer. I scratches my head and wonders WTF I'm doin on a course. Then I tries ta whack ol whitey and he jess laffs an laffs an laffs. So then i does de ol happy gilmore and sets him straight. Wanna hear sumpin silly? When I first tried out the whack whitey scene I thought ya had ta has ever club in de books in yer bag. so I went out and bought a whole buncha dem jess so I could look like I nose what I wuz doin. Anyone who wuz der would know in a heartbeat it wuz jess fer show and not serious. Specially when dey seen me play baseball wit de club. Strike one, strike 2, strike 3, strike 4 Yeah, it wuz brutal. Nebber took lesson either. Ifn I'm ever in Gawja I could show ya zactly how dat werks No idea where London went, he's just drifted off after all that construction and expansion of his hoodlum care center.

Norm - Hahahaha. 1/64 of a turn?? You and Dave have the right weather it seems. I figure if I had that kind of weather I could also walk around on a golf course and look good too

Greg - Sounds like you had a blast. I thought about using Seafoam on my snowblower. Then I found a quick and easy way to disassemble and clean the slow idle valve. Now I could race your sled with my blower!

Jouni - I would give it a try but I bet if I built a sauna here there would be all kinds of local complaints. Mostly about the empty beer bottles/cans lying around. If I ever get across to Sweden/Finland/Norway I'll definitely check out your hot box. You're not alone with that crap about global warming. Our stupid gubment is hell bent to make sure we also pay the price even though our pollution levels are incredibly low already. If they looked at China, India, Russia (as examples) they would realize how well we're handling things. Oh, we also started a zero emissions hockey and curling policy. That's where we play with cold efficiency and don't get into heated contests

Dan - I hope you're wrong and there's not additional lake effect. Your back wouldn't like it. Interesting about the new tires on the Hyundai. One thing I found about my winter Nordics is they are really good on both icy roads and deep snow. I hate that they're noisy though and they are gas pigs.

Marc - funny the gubment can provide recreation and fun for the police checking sleds but not enough enforcement on roads. I have noticed that EPS and the sheriffs are stopping more cars in the morning rush. Otherwise I never see em.

Might have to do some couch surfing for awhile till everyone is awake here.
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:05 AM

Of to the stroke doc this mawning. Walkin' in the house w/o a walker, feels good. Still not rock steady, but so much better. Pretty out, but cold (for us, 30 degrees)! No white stuff, no lake effect, but do know what you're talkin' about. Lived in Columbus in storm of '77, and that one was a pure bi***! 15' drifts, -29 with -69 wind chill! Moved back to Texas shortly thereafter. Still slow recovery but recovering. I am very lucky.....
Old January 24th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Finally, got things straightened out. Came in this morning and nothing had been done. I got a little indignant with the lead(I know it isn't his fault) and he promised to get something done. Got back to my desk and of all people, one of the F boys knew how to get it fixed and showed me. Took about 5 minutes. I told the lead and he said we still need to fix the reason it happened in the first place. So I have another episode to look forward to, at least I can fix it myself now.

Welcome Norm. I used to work with a guy named Michael Hock. He goes by Tony.

Good luck at the doc Aron. Hope your progress continues.

Ah the end of lunch snuck up on me and I have wheels to sign. I'm actually at a different desk which is right next to the printer, so I can sign the paperwork when it's still hot. Oh boy.
Old January 24th, 2019, 09:46 AM

Allan, they are calling for lake effect, but have backed down on the snowfall amounts. They are now saying that next weeks storm will go south of us. Looks like I might have to build a small hard cover for the a/c unit, as the snow comes off from the metal in one big avalanche, and it is hitting the a/c compressor. Something to deflect it as it comes down from the roof.
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:47 AM

Got the well problemo fixed. Sum jack a$$ ran over a water box and crushed a pipe causing the ;leak Thank goodness, it wasn't the pump
Old January 24th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Always room for one more

So I stopped by this doctor's office on the way home from work. He's some guy on the radio Dr. Joe Esposito the chiropractor. I thought he might help me with my leg. The office here is only open on Thursdays, so I figured it would be the perfect time to make an appointment. Go there and the lights are on, but no on is there. The door is locked. Funny way to run a business. I guess I'll have to call. So glad I stopped in.

We must have gotten more rain that I thought last night, the lake is up about 4 inches. No rain for the rest of the weekend, though, but it's going to be cold. Highs less than 60.

So years ago during the time I was president of the Amphicar club, a guy calls me and wants to interview me for Boating magazine, because he has a one inch space on one of the pages that he can't fill. So I says okay. He asks me some neutral questions and then gets mad when I say I don't have a picture of my car. I said, they all look the same, go to the internet and choose one. Well, I never saw the article and I assumed the guy didn't use it. Today a co worker was looking on the internet and ran across an article on Hagerty's website that is an interview with Mike Clark the president of the Amphicar club. I'm reading this article and it seems familiar, although the author has taken a little more creative liberty than he should have. He has things wrong and says I said them, and has me saying things I never, ever would have said. I may need to call Hagerty and voice my concern.

Glenn if you haven't sold your jet ski's yet maybe you can convert them to sleds and send them up north.

Ah, one more day. They want to start at 4, I'll probably go in, that's a few extra dollars I can put toward something dumb.
Old January 24th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Oh no, not again...

Ended up coming home from work this morning, couldn't hold up any more. I've never had something like this before where I had to take more than one day off.

I could use a real sauna about now; - the only thing is the last time I was in a real European sauna it was in Germany, and it was "co-ed". I didn't think anything of it until these 2 lovely young things walked in not wearing a stitch, and me with my North American stodginess wasn't used to it and something came up. I'll stop right there; it was long before the "me too" movement and those girls had some fun at my expense. I can't look at a sauna the same way anymore. I was a pimply-faced 15 at the time and they were about 21.

Welcome Norm, the version of "smacking whitey" that I play tends to be called "whack-f---". The funny thing is I play better with a cheap set of rentals than I ever did with a custom set of clubs.

Mike, I'd let Hagerty have it big-time, tell 'em it's completely out of context and misquoted and that you want an apology and a retraction otherwise the next person they hear from will be your solicitor.

Aron, - good to see you're making progress; more power to you!

Jamesbo, you got lucky this time; you still might want to check the pump out though, a dead-headed centrifugal pump will heat up and cavitate which can cause a lot of damage.

Allan, yeah, it's fun driving around here and having 3 levels of government competing for your dollar. The other day on highway 21 a guy could have lost his license if he was stupid; they had an RCMP, AB Sheriff, and Strathcona Bylaw out there stealing money. All within 5 miles of each other. Must be performance appraisal time or something, a lot of goons are out there looking to impress someone.

Dan, good to hear that storm passed you by. Do you own a snowblower? If not, they're well worth the investment, I finally broke down and bought one 10 years ago and have been glad I did ever since.

Greg, Is the Yamaha a 4 stroke? Never got much into sledding, I hate winter too much, but every time I've ever been on one and haven't froze to death it was a blast.

Well, back to bed for me...I'm done...
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Running On Empty

Old January 24th, 2019, 09:56 PM

NORM! That's a good one! Marc, as I live in Michigan, and lake effect snow is a way of life in the winter ( I live about three miles from Lake Michigan), a snow blower is a good investment. I am on my second one, my first one was a Toro that I had for 27 years, and my second, a Snapper is about 6 years old. The Toro was far superior in build quality, the only thing better with the snapper is it's bigger (12-27 vs a 5-24), and the dash mounted chute controls. Mike, I would email Hagerty, and just tell them who you are, and offer the correct information. I think that they are decent enough to correct it.
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:45 PM

Good Morning.

Really good, since i got rid of my PoS Ford yesterday And now im up to second PoS Ford

Allan R - You must be getting young again! Since your sleeping longer and longer, sounds teenage stuff

Jamesbo - What a "surprise" noone havent called up that he/she drove that waterbox down. But good it was only that.

Nailheadcanuck - Hahahaha i was laughing when read your post Foreign people are usually something between running away to scared to death, when it appeals to them that you are naked in a sauna, no matter relatives or foreigners. Mostly, like 99,9% of time its nowadays mens and womens with their own turn, but sometimes theres mixed sauna-turns. When were at sauna with friends on summer cottage, every now and then someones girlfriend/ wife/ just some female friend comes with us to sauna, but using a towel. Couldnt care less, since sauna aint "sexual place"

1969w3155 - Been dreaming about snowblower for 3 years now.. Everytime im up to buy it, i see prices and think "no way", even they really arent that expensive.. And so i showel snow with my trusty spade once again and curse on New good Morning thread..

Okay, have a day all.

Last edited by Inline; January 24th, 2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:01 AM

mawn'in

Gotta put on sum clean undies so I can get my annual physical

Then headed norte

Old January 25th, 2019, 06:01 AM

Marc, That is so funny about the sauna, I'm sure if I was there as a 15 yr. old-no at any age- I would feel awkward but excited! No both snowmobiles are 2 strokes.
Dan, yeah buddy we need snow blowers here, especially you so near Lake Michigan. We get lake effect snow also though not as much as you!
Old January 25th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Made some wicked chili yesterday. I thought "I should limit how many Hell a Pee nyo and Serrano peppers I put in this time" cuz the missus isn't partial to burning hot food. So I only put 3 large Hell a Pee nyo and 3 Serrano's in. Turned out wonderful and has both heat and flavor. I think the missus was a bit jealous that I can cook and also clean up after myself right away. Anywho, she wouldn't even try a spoonful. No worries, that leaves more for me and the boy.

Adrian - Happy Birthday to that special little girl of yours. Lego is such a breath of fresh air. I can't believe she was only almost 4 when I met her. Such a mature little one for you to be proud of.

Jouni - buy a used one. Can't be that expensive. I wish I was getting younger but that ship sailed long ago.

Well it's Friday again, so that means another round of world class curling at the Saville Haven't looked to see who we play today but at least this time I have the regular team to work with. Should be an interesting game. Brekkie awaits so I gotta go.
Old January 25th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:
I just got back from the chiropractor. The back is better and he said it is starting to line back up. Depending on how I feel next week I may go back for two more treatments. Compared to a week ago I am a lot better.
Allan, I don't know how you function in that kind of cold. I just don't think I could ever get used to it. Then I know you would have a hard time with our 100 degree summers. Good luck on the curling today. I haven't even felt like doing any 12 ounce curls but may give one a try today.
Marc, that is a great story about the German sauna. I am sure that is one you never forget.
Aron, glad you are making progress. Do you have any bites on the Silver Bullet? I know it is painful getting rid of it but it is probably the right thing to do.
Jim, good luck with the physical. I have mine coming up pretty soon. Human calls it a Wellness Check.
That is about it guys. Hope all of you have a good weekend.
Glenn
Old January 25th, 2019, 10:03 AM

Off from sauna. Spend +2 hours there. Feeling like a new man again. Cant understand how people can live without sauna. One thing sauna is really good ( no lies, since i do heavily physical job too) is that sitting there takes all your muscle pain away and opens them; no need for massage.

Allan R - Same here, same here. Wife did food yesterday and she said it was burning hot, same time as i said this has no taste. I like hot food too

Hmm... Ill drink my beer, have a time with our boy, and then ill quess ill head to bed.. Been eyeing rims for my car few days. Damn theyre expensive.. Atleast the ones i want…

Last edited by Inline; January 25th, 2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old January 25th, 2019, 10:28 AM

Glenn: No bites on the Silver Bullet, yet. Yes, think it's time, for so many reasons. Would like to "BUMP" back to top, but don't know howto! Love the sauna story about the 15 year old. Might affect me the same way today, probably take a good while longer!!!
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Started work at 4 this morning. Finished up around 1130 and was out by noon. Had a nice lunch at the Awful house. Not many people there and had a nice chat with the one server that I like.

Aron just go to your for sale thread and reply to it, it will come to the top. Good luck with it.

Glenn glad the back won't be a permanent hardship. I'd love for some 100* days.

Allan my chili(that I eat I should say, I don't make it) is very mild. I like it that way. A guy brought in some concoction he made that had jalapenos in it. I did my best not to cry by the time I was done eating. He asked, is it too hot for you and I barely squeaked out no it's fine, thanks for bringing it.

I grew up probably 30 miles from Lake Michigan and we had lake effect snow like crazy. I think the times we didn't have it were more remarkable. Went through maybe 3 or 4 snowblowers while I lived up there.

How you feeling today Marc? Stodgy at the ripe old age of 15? Not quite.

Well I need to decide if I'm going to cut down a tree today. There's a tree over at the shop that is leaning further and further over my driveway. The branches now hit every car I drive through there. It's actually on county property but inside my fence. I don't think anyone would miss it. I could just trim it up and then when it finally falls have fun trying to get the county to clean it up. Though it looks like it would fall on a power pole, so maybe the neighbors would notice it and call as well. Who knows.

Okay see ya's.
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Started work at 4 this morning. Finished up around 1130 and was out by noon. Had a nice lunch at the Awful house. Not many people there and had a nice chat with the one server that I like.

Aron just go to your for sale thread and reply to it, it will come to the top. Good luck with it.

Allan my chili(that I eat I should say, I don't make it) is very mild. I like it that way. A guy brought in some concoction he made that had jalapenos in it. I did my best not to cry by the time I was done eating. He asked, is it too hot for you and I barely squeaked out no it's fine, thanks for bringing it.

I grew up probably 30 miles from Lake Michigan and we had lake effect snow like crazy. I think the times we didn't have it were more remarkable. Went through maybe 3 or 4 snowblowers while I lived up there.

Well I need to decide if I'm going to cut down a tree today. There's a tree over at the shop that is leaning further and further over my driveway. The branches now hit every car I drive through there. It's actually on county property but inside my fence. I don't think anyone would miss it. I could just trim it up and then when it finally falls have fun trying to get the county to clean it up. Though it looks like it would fall on a power pole, so maybe the neighbors would notice it and call as well. Who knows.

Okay see ya's.
Old January 25th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Okay see ya's.

Old January 25th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hahahaha, Mike that's funny. Your post decided to post itself 3 times.

Back from the battle, and it was a squeaker! We played a very good offensive game, then a very good defensive game. The only thing shot I wanted a do over with was in the 5th end. Don was sitting with 4 rocks in the house. 2 were in the 12' so I wasn't worried about them. The other 2 were under cover and in the top 8' ring (top left). There was a hit available but to do that would guarantee a 3 ender for Don. I opted for the more difficult freeze to the top counter, which would force Don to make the perfect draw for a single point. My ice call was perfect and the line was spot on. When I released the rock it felt really good, like it was easily top 12, which with sweeping would make it top 8. Unfortunately my lead and second didn't gauge the rock speed and distance very well and it came up light. It needed another 6 feet and it would have been welded to the top 8 foot rock. That left Don an easy draw for a 5 ender which he made. We clawed back after that taking 2 in the next end, stealing 1 in the next and in the final end we played a wonderful defensive game. We had 2 counters in the house; the tie point and the go ahead for the win point. Don had been light on every one of his draws so I was hoping he would be light or maybe inside on his release. We were the only sheet in play, (and there's 10 sheets) so the ice had tightened up considerably. That means it's heavier (slower) and Don's sweepers were on that rock like a hound on a bone from the second it came out of his hand. It barely made the 8' ring, but that's what he needed for the win. Really a good game but we lost 11-9. I love games that are close.

Aron - good to hear you're doing well.
Glenn - You too sir!! I never said I really like the cold, but I also really hate the heat. Go figure, huh?
Jouni - I'd send ya some of my chili but I doubt the guys in customs would let it pass. They'd probably eat it and say it wasn't allowed in.
Jim - didja pass? If ya didn't study harder next time
Marc - Hahahahaha, what 15 year old wouldn't see the same results if they had that happen. News Alert - Women accosted in sauna; man escapes on hairy pogo stick

Time for the weekend fun to commence. Would ya believe it's a pleasant 39° outside? No point in washing the car. Enjoy!
Old January 25th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Oh no, not again...

Well, I'm still alive, and actually feeling a bit more human today. Must have finally broke the fever last night.
So this morning I find I'm playing tour guide to a bunch of Cubans; great fun! My Spanish is abysmal, I can read and understand it, but I can't speak it to save my life. Anyway, their interpreter was top-notch, and I took the initiative to translate a number of company safety documents into Spanish for them. Google truly is your friend and knows everything. It's been a while since I was stumbling around for words, and it was amazing what I still understood. The only thing with Cubans is when they speak they slur the words and rapid-fire them, so understanding one becomes an interesting challenge. I knew I was done for when I started mixing German in; - that just served to confuse things more. So I know I was never cut out to be a translator or a linguist. I fell over my own tongue a few times today. On Monday I have to take them through process, so that will be another "lose your voice day".
There used to be a time whenever they came up a few boxes of Cohibas or H. Uppmann cigars would show up. Used to have a pipeline for those things at $25 a box. Nowadays though, it doesn't seem they get them anymore.

Anyway, breakfast tomorrow morning, and then off to the post office to see what it will cost to ship an intake and carb to New Mexico. I'm thinking it'll be about $100...

Have a good weekend!
Old January 26th, 2019, 12:25 AM

Good Morning everyone. Quess what?!?!?! Snows Slightly tho.

Bought my friend Ford yesterday. Oil-burner
Damn im getting younger too alongside Allan Woke up before 7am, but it was so warm and nice under blanket, that it was just shy of 10 i left there
Well, soon again i must be up 4.30am again every day, so maybe i just enjoy.
Maybe i drool rims again? Im a sucker for phony spinners. Havent yet decided which exact rims i want to my Cutlass, but i have some clear favourites. Whats your opinion on them?
1. American Racing Daisys with 3-bar spinners 2. Image Wheels GT40 replicas with spinners 3. Image Wheels AC Cobra replicas with spinners 4. Minilites or replicas ( no spinners ) . Those 4 actually spin on my mind continuosly. 15" ofc. Charcoal coloured.

Allan R - Thanks for the game-report. Mustve been great hours there. I agree that close game is best, be it win or loss, than clear walkover

Last edited by Inline; January 26th, 2019 at 12:55 AM.
Old January 26th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got up at 730 this morning. That is sleeping a full 5 1/2 hours longer than I did yesterday morning.

Going up on the roof today to see what's up with the chimney. Obtained some known good firewood and started the stove up last night. Took a little bit to get it going but had a nice fire and it warmed up the living room nicely. But later on I went to put more wood in, and you guessed it, smoke came billowing out when I opened the door.

Allan I don't know why it does that. This is the first time it did it three times. Eh, this modern technology. Why does it do anything.

Went over to the shop to size up some trees to take down. I may leave that one by the driveway for now. But I will trim it. Heck it's leaning so far over I could probably hook a chain to it and pull it down. Hm.

Okay have a good day everyone.