The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2019, 01:17 PM

I spent 2 weeks in the Lorencian sp? mountain snow sking [ all the Tv was in French so didn't gather alot of local info] and a few hours in Vancouver [on the way to
Alaska ]

That sums up my Canada experience [except what I've learned from you on CO

New recipe

[url]https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/crawfish-jambalaya
Old January 6th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Crawfish Jambalaya Ok, dats almost zactly de same as de Jambalaya I made sept I dint use butter an crawfish. Problem fer me is findin the lil bastards so I can do that recipe. Sounds like it will be interesting. I got 4 lobster tails in the freezer that my bride insisted on buying around Christmas. She says they're off limits to me fer some strange reason. She's also got French heritage and I gotta agree witcha dat none of it is easy to understand

Nebber been to Lew eezy anna but when I do, y'all know I'm gonna try crayfish and also BBQ poke. Dat an other stuff. I always had a hankerin to try alligator or shark. Too expensive up here and dey would'nt make it right anywho.
Old January 6th, 2019, 02:16 PM

http://www.lacrawfish.com/Live-Crawf...SAAEgJfNvD_BwE
Old January 6th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Always room for one more

I just can't believe what a nice day it turned out to be. Got the dogmobile worked on, and a couple other little things done outside. Didn't make it to the shop. Only came in because it got dark. I was afraid this morning that I wouldn't be tired enough to go to sleep early tonight, but I think I got that whipped. I'm gonna call a friend of mine and see if we're starting early tomorrow.

I saw a crawfish up by the house last week. Tiger didn't know what to think of him. I didn't know we had them here, much less that they'd crawl 100 feet up the bank away from the lake. I picked him up with a shovel and set him down next to the water at the lake's edge. I didn't know if they swam in the water or just hung out in the mud. I figured he could do whatever he wanted. A little while later I went to look and he was gone. Hm.

My house has T111 siding on it, and I had considered replacing it with Hardiplank. What I think I'll do is get the wide T111 and put it on its side, and then paint it brown so it looks like a log cabin. I should really do the whole place in brick.

Time to wind down and then hit the sack. Oh it's been nice being off all this time. Probably a whole new company by now.
Old January 7th, 2019, 12:27 AM

Good Morning.

Another day at snowy paradise.. Eh, forget the last Word. Going to continue tearing my trans apart, and then just do something?

Allan R - I see i hit you under the belt You didnt get even bronze medal, empty hands on home-tournament? Must be bad….. Okay, jokes aside!
On curling you hardly have anyone on your level, medal table clearly shows it.

Jamesbo - Im not a huge fan of anything resembling crab. It may be because i havent tasted anything good, at best its been "meh".

Okay, have a day all!
Old January 7th, 2019, 04:02 AM

Well gonna give it a whirl I'll report back

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 7th, 2019, 05:33 AM

Hi all, Everything going well here. Things still about the same with dog, Jack. He usually leaves us presents every morning, oh well.. He still has control of #1, if he looses that it will be the end. This new( to us) house sure has turned out to be a fixer-upper. It seems everything I check needs something. Last owner wasn't here much and I guess he didn't know. I have been finishing the the suspended tile ceiling that was never finished in the basement and kept smelling a foul odor, Yep a gas leak at a fitting on the gas line, right in the center of it. So I checked it all out w/soapy water and found 2 leaks. I worked at a utility as a gas serviceman and have done this before many times. My neighbor is going to come over and we are going to take it all apart and put it back together w/ new pipe dope. The biggest leak is at a fitting that wasn't supposed to be used on gas lines, it's a coupling that is threaded all the way thru. The proper fitting is threaded in from both sides, getting smaller as it goes in, that's how pipe threads seal. Well it's a good thing I am retired and can do this stuff or it would cost a arm and a leg. Today we got a inch or so of snow. Have a good day, Olds friends.
Old January 7th, 2019, 10:29 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just waiting for the work day to end. Hasn't been a bad day, a pretty good one for the first day back.

Greg glad Jack is still kicking. Sounds like you are enjoying home ownership...

Apparently the steak lunch we were supposed to have last Thursday didn't come about, so we're supposed to have it this Thursday. I think they just wanted to wait for me.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Might be more outside stuff when I get home, it's supposed to be nice out. I've been inside the concrete bunker all day.
Old January 7th, 2019, 11:30 AM

Played like a goat

Greg, I had a jack leg FUBAR some propane lines once and almost found my house on the other side of the road

Glad ya caught it in time
Old January 7th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

It's just not nice here. I doubt Jim would like playing; it's currently 7° but with wind chill it feels like -13°. I just went out and cleared the small amount of snow that came down last night. First time I had to do up the storm cuff inside my winter coat to keep the cold air from swirling in. Sheee it it's cold. I plugged in the car as it's spoda go down to -4 tonight and who knows if I'll have to go out tomorrow. I figure it's better to have the block heater going than start the engine from a bone chilling cold.

Jim - Goat huh? I'm guessing 48/46 then. I looked at that order site. I think they cater to USA not Canada. Most of the Crawfish stuff is sold out. Alligator meat is very pricey! Wow! I don't think they ship to Canada.

Greg - Good that you're handy with that kind of repair. How did that get missed on the home inspection? You haven't decided to invest in Doggie diapers? I looked at some pictures of them and thought they really don't seem to look effective. And how humiliating for the dog that has to wear them.

Jouni - yeah, it was a low blow. We're even now. Want to wager on who wins the Worlds Curling championship at The Orleans in Lost Wages NV? Usually it's all of Europe vs Canada and USA. Obviously I'm going with team North America, even though I love Team Sweden.

Marc - Stay inside and stay warm.
Old January 7th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Olds Friends:
It is another great day with the sun shinning and 75 degrees. I got all my outside Christmas lights down yesterday except the tallest string. They are all in the crates and ready to go up in the garage attic. All the inside stuff including the two trees is down and ready to put in the upstairs attic.
The big thing today was my wife's doctor appointment with the oncology gynecology surgeon. He confirmed what we were hoping in that the referral to him is strictly a precautionary measure. The biopsy only revealed pre-cancerous tissue. I asked for clarification on what that means. He explained that they could turn into cancer but it would take years for that to happen. He will do a complete hysterectomy and my wife will spend one night in the hospital. Obviously they will do test on the organs removed and there could be a remote chance there could be cancer but he does no anticipate that. I was more worried than my wife and have a huge sense of relief.
After we left the doctor's office we stopped for lunch at a place called Kona Grill. It was a cool place and probably a little over priced. I gravitated to the jambalaya on the menu. It was very good. Jim I watched the video about the Louisiana Crawfish Company. That is lot of work to put live crawfish on you doorstep the next morning. They talked about shipping 30,000 pounds in one day. That is lots of crawfish. Being from Louisiana I am ashamed to say I have never boiled crawfish.
Greg and Jouni, good hearing from you guys.
Allan, the only curling I have ever done is the 12 ounce kind. Sorry about your weather.
That is all I have at the moment guys.
Glenn
Old January 7th, 2019, 02:21 PM

Allan, Won't post scores Going to another doc tomorrow
Old January 7th, 2019, 08:56 PM
Oh no, not again...

Tried not to freeze today, it was bitter out there. That wind is something else. It was my first day back to work after a somewhat relaxing two-week break. I didn't miss the place either; it seems they missed me, I've got a fair bit of catching up to do. Other than that, pretty quiet, not much going on. I'm attempting to re-balance a 1870 Waltham Model 1857 pocket watch. Not having too good of luck; there's something holding it back from running that I haven't put my finger onto yet. I might have to buy a couple of new balance shafts, which would suck. Then I would have to try and make my staking kits work; so far all I've managed to do with them is destroy things learning about which tool to use. I really, really hate the "School of Hard Knocks", but, it's how I learned auto mechanics, home repair and now watch building. Eventually I'll get to the point where I'll actually be good or better than the pros; - only because I care a bit more and am getting tired of throwing money away.

Onward and upward...oh wait a minute, that's what we used to say after a hard plane-bending landing, or a "controlled crash"... probably not the best thing to say right before snapping a table roller onto a balance shaft that's exactly 1/2 inch long.

Have a good night!
Old January 7th, 2019, 11:20 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Today im going to contact the machinery for round 2. Excited… No.. Not much else, cleaning the trans parts and thats pretty much it.
Ordered some photos today, next monday were going to see our friend from work. Ordered some photos to show in case he would recognize something by looking them.

Allan R - No im not going to wager with you about curling Sure loss of money!

redoldsman - Really good to hear she supposedly dont have a cancer. Best wishes from here to you both

Nailheadcanuck - Approx 12 weeks of vacation to go, 2 and half behind. I tell, i get bored always before it ends, usually at half-way

Okay, have a day all!
Old January 8th, 2019, 04:24 AM

Good Morning! Yesterday wasn't too bad weather wise as it turned out. It snowed maybe 2 inches and then started to rain which started to freeze on roads. Everyone was worried about power outages due to the added weight to the trees and high winds but no outages here. Every time I walked down the stairway into the basement of this house I noticed a foul but barely noticeable sewer/dank type odor. I always thought it was just the way it was, due to the toilet/grinder pump pit and the sump pump, but the more I was down there working on the suspended ceiling the more objectionable it became. Up on the ladder putting in tiles is when it occurred to me it smelled like gas. So, after repairing 2 leaks yesterday I went down stairway this morning and didn't notice any smell! Basement smells just like the rest of house! (no smell) The previous owners had these little plugins in the basement and special desiccant packages down there so I an sure this odor had been there a while.
Allan, I think old Jack would keep working on a diaper until he got it off. He's not one of those dogs that will allow things on him like hats or glasses like you see on TV.
Glenn, glad to hear of the favorable prognosis of your wife. My wife had a hysterectomy back when she was in her 40's and it was for the better in the long run.
Boy you guys make me hungry with the talk of your recipes and dishes!
Old January 8th, 2019, 05:07 AM

mawn'in

,Misting but still unseasonably warm

Headed to the orthopedic doc today to see if he can fix my elbow so I can continue to play bad golf

Old January 8th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another good day at work and that's two down. Nice out, a bit overcast but warmish. I think it's gonna get chilly tonight so I'll crank up the stove.

Hope you had good luck at the dr today Jamesbo. Now that my face is done I need to go see someone about my hip.

Haven't made it to the shop over the last few days like I wanted to, so I think I'll go this afternoon. It should be dry over there so I'll move a few things around.

Well have a good afternoon everyone.
Old January 8th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

Today is a stay inside day for me. We started the morning out at -26 here and it's leapfrogged up to only -18. Still I don't want to go out if I don't have to, and I don't have to.

Glenn - Good to hear your missus is going to be fine. You're the worrying kind aren't you? Don't your lights and whatnot bake in the attic down there during the summer? Or does it need IR and UV to damage stuff? I never take my lights down from the garage unless the clips break. Then I just trash the whole thing and buy a new set.

Jim - Good luck with the newest quack. They'll prolly want to send you for physio which IMO could be more brutal and harmful than just going and playing whack de goat. Hmmm, musta been a rather bad round ifn you don't want to post that score.

Mike - What's wrong with your hip?

Greg - I kind of thought he would do something like that too. Sounds like that house basement was an accident waiting to blow up. Good thing you didn't light a match or something. You'd think that the PO would have realized something was wrong, and for sure the inspector should have noticed it in spite of the odor masking. The big scare thing right now is radon gas. I'm sure they must have had to test for that too?

I guess Lynne is not well. Wish Clint would chime in once in a while and join the madness. I see he made her some nice cheeken zoop. Looked very tasty.

Tonight will be another plug in the car event. Curling tomorrow should be interesting because the extreme cold also somehow affects the surface of the curling ice.
Old January 8th, 2019, 03:05 PM
Always room for one more

About a year and a half ago I started having pain in my left hip. I had just gotten back from volunteering at my museum and though well, crawling around under cars for three days must have done it. Nope, the pain would come and go but then came and stayed. I think it's a pinched nerve, because I have sciatic pain in my leg and my knee hurts sometimes. My doctor is uninterested in helping me. At my last physical, I told him about it and he said, sounds like a little arthritis. He sent me for some Xrays and it took him 5 weeks to read them. The phone nurse called and left a message with the exact words as his, looks like a little arthritis. No instructions, no thoughts on what caused it, just call if you want. I never called, I was so mad. When I was in for my blood pressure medicine he didn't ask about it. So that guy gets fired. And for the last year and a half I've cursed that guy because it's hard for me to walk, it's hard to do a lot of things. But every time I wanted to do something about it something else would come up. So I've just put up with it. I don't know if you guys have heard of Dr. Joe Esposito. He's a chiropractor and has a radio show in Atlanta. He's got an office in my town so I thought I'd go see him(or one of his team) and see if they can do anything. They are also big on nutrition and I'd say I'm the perfect candidate for their pitch on losing weight. We'll see about that.

Went over to the shop for a little bit to try to get the white DUKW to start. Last time I was there it was damp and I got nothing. It's been dry a few days now so I got some starting fluid and spritzed a little in the air cleaner, and it fired right up. Let it run quite awhile. Sounded good. Poked around and saw a couple places that could be part of my brake problem. It was a good time.

See ya's.
Old January 8th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sounds like you need to find a good doctor Mike. Guys like that sound like they're just in it for the $$ or to Pi$$ people off for no good reason. I understand about the sciatic pain. I get that periodically in my (coincidentally) left hip when I'm sweeping rocks at curling. For me though I know it's not 'just a touch of arthritis). Likely a function of aging but damn if I'm gonna let it slow me down. Hey, just a thought but have you ever tried an OTC called Sierra Sil? Supposedly it's good for joint pain. I don't know how good it is or if it works but it's just a thought in case you want to try something?
Old January 8th, 2019, 04:04 PM

Thanks Dr Allan,

Turns out, I've got a tiny calcium spur in my elbow. The Dr gave me sum med that is spsoe to dissolve it We'll see
Old January 8th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Always room for one more

Oh damn Jamesbo bone spurs are the worst. I've never had one but my Mom has had two. Had to have them removed, very long recovery. Well, it was 30 years ago.

That guy Dr. Joe always says, if you're in a car wreck and the car is damaged, you are damaged. Just before all this pain started I cracked the dogmobile up in traffic. We weren't going 5mph but the seat belt did lock and I could feel it in my chest for a couple days. No bruises just soft. Well, the lap belt goes right across my hips so maybe there's something to this. The only thing I take for it is some ibuprofen once in a while, if I'm going to be walking a lot. No, I'm not going to let this get to me, either.

Gonna fix my lunch for tomorrow then off to bed. Hump Day already. Have a good night everyone.
Old January 8th, 2019, 10:01 PM

Glenn, good to hear things are going to be ok with your wife. Mike, get a new doctor. I had to wait for 6 weeks to hear the results of a neck x ray two years ago, I got a new doctor right after that. The results of my MRI are in my medical file online, a couple of bulging discs, moderate stenosis @ L2-L3, and L4-L5, along with severe disc degeneration at L2-L3. Isn't life fun? They may contact me in 3-4 days, according to the report, if not I'll call and make an appointment to see the doc (no P.A.'S or Nurse Practitioner for this) to see what can be done, if anything.
Old January 8th, 2019, 10:40 PM

By the way, happy birthday Jamesbo.
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:35 AM

Smile mawn'in

Thank ye

Wanta guess my age?

A might cooler but clear

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
. Isn't life fun?
Well, It's better to be seen than viewed

We need to get back to cooking, This thread is starting to sound like the TMB thread [too many birthdays]

Old January 9th, 2019, 02:39 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Birthday Jamesbo. We can cut you in half and count the rings.
Old January 9th, 2019, 04:40 AM

Ya can jes count the number of cars, boats, planes, trains ya have and subtract 3
Old January 9th, 2019, 05:59 AM

Hi Guys,
Allan, I guess I made the leaks sound much worse than they were. It was what we used to call a nit leak, so small that if you put a match to it it wouldn't have lit. I don't even know if these would have shown up with a leak detector. It's a finished basement ( well actually not quite finished). I was finishing the ceiling tiles on it when I noticed the smell which I was working right under. So I checked every connection with soapy water. These 2 leaks made such small bubbles that it looked like cotton or shaving cream. But it's amazing how strong that mercapitan is. That's what they add to LP and natural gas other wise it's odorless.
Mike, I like the way you tell about what you do, you seem to have a gift of explaining normal day to day occurrences in a fun way. I enjoy reading your entries. I like the way you talked about starting your DUKW and then stating "It was a good time" . I feel the same way when I putter around in the garage. Simple pleasures are the best....
Dan, are you planning to go to the swap meet in Kalamazoo on Feb 2nd? It's a pretty good one. It's a long way from me now but I still may go if I ride with some friends who live north of Lansing. I would like to meet you.
Well enough hunt and pecking for me!
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

A lot warmer here today at -11. That's like a heat wave compared to the last couple days. Off to the Saville shortly. I have no idea who we play today because the league got all screwed up by the new curling coordinator. Now no one knows how many teams were actually entered and how the draws should have been done. I guess I'll find out today.

Jim - well since you axed, I'm gonna say 69, same as your droptop and VC. Happy berfday ya ol phart!

Greg - Good that it was something minor. Still it's no fun going downstairs to a rank smelling room.

Dan - Sorry to hear about all the disc problems. Hopefully that can be treated?

Looks like Adrian is on a field trip aka road trip with Min and Lego. Tink has to work so she's at home getting some 'vacation' from wear and tear of being Mom to the girls and Adrian. Wonder what part of Oz they're headed for this time. Everytime they do a road trip they take such nice photos of the landscape. Makes me wish I could tolerate the heat they get.
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:23 AM

Ding ding ding we have a winner
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:08 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Happy Birthday to you Jim. As long as I am on here you won't be the oldest old fart on here. I hope you have a good one. Today is my oldest grandson's birthday. He will be 16 about 10:30 tonight. He is 6'3" and a really good kid.
Allan, none of the decorations melt. It probably gets to about 125 degrees in the attic in the summer. This was probably the last year I will put lights up on the house. My wife thinks I am too old to be up on a ladder and she is probably right. I may get me son to come over and help next year. We have accumulated lots of inside and outside Christmas decorations over the last 20 years.
Since there are no doctor appointments to take my wife to today and it is supposed to get up to 57 degrees I will get back to taking Lucy on our walk. I think I will take her to the groomer this afternoon. I need to call for the price which might change my mind. I have to get all the lights and decorations from outside up in the garage attic this today. We got all the inside stuff put away yesterday.
Have a good day guys.
Glenn
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I hear it's sunny out but cold. I don't think I have anywhere to go this afternoon so I'll crank up the stove as soon as I get home.

Thanks Greg aren't you kind. I really did have a good time yesterday. Didn't really get anything accomplished but it was nice just messing around with the big girl.

Hm Jamesbo, a train. I don't have one but I'm guessing I need one. Thanks for the idea. You need to wear a Trophy Blue shirt today.

Allan you could probably tolerate the Australian weather during their winter, which is our summer. I'm really going to think about a trip out in September. I say that every year and never do it, but I want to visit Dampier and that's something I can't do when I'm there in March. (Dampier is near Perth, and I'm near Melbourne. Opposite sides of the country)

Glenn that's a big boy, over 6ft and only 16. I bet he eats a lot and is thin as a rail. Hope he has a great day.

Think I'll run into the hangar real quick before lunch is over. I need to see if I can find a couple bolts. Work has been decent this morning which I appreciate.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:49 AM

Good evening everyone.

First of all, Happy Birthday Jamesbo!

Helluva snow-work was looking me eye to eye when i woke up. Took almost 2 and half hours to do it.. God, im full of this winter Please melt soon, so i can get back to work
Currently heating sauna and taking few beers along. Today my mission was to clean and reassembly valve-body. Im pretty sure, they used either child-work or far-east workforce to assembly them. Requires hands sized to match kids.. Okay, its done now anyways. Our boys first birthday is held on saturday, so my wifes all over the place here, ill just try to keep out of way. heh

Greg - Hope youve had all your gas leaks sorted out, dont sound too secure with gas leaks even if theyre that small

Jamesbo - So how is your elbow now? Ready to play like a goat? Or does the med take long to work?

Allan R - Brr, youve had really cold. When i paid electric bill from december, i certainly hope it dont get any colder than now. Tell us how your curling went today when you get back

Okay, have a day all!
Old January 9th, 2019, 08:58 AM

Greg, I haven't been to that swap meet in a couple of decades. I was there around 1984 when I bought doors panels for a '74 Vette that I had at the time. That's funny about working in the garage. I'll tell people that I piddled around in the garage, and they'll ask " what did you do?", I'll respond "nothing in particular". Allan, I'll have to wait until I meet with the Dr. until I find out what my options are. I had a former neighbor call me this morning who, at 84 years old just had back surgery, says that he feels great. The first person that I have met, that had back surgery, that did not tell me not to do it.
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Jouni, Thanks for asking.
The game went very well all things considered. We had 2 rocks pick in exactly the same spot so we checked the bottom of the rock and found it ok. It turned out to be the ice had a very flat spot at that location. Sounds weird calling ice having a flat spot right? But it's very much like having a flat spot on a cam - it doesn't do what it's supposed to and throws the balance of the rock/engine way out of whack. So now we knew that guard weight with an inturn on the away side was always going to overcurl. Interesting though that house weight, control and normal weight all curled fairly predictably. The team we played was just awful for time management. They took forever to play their rocks, sometimes spending up to 4 minutes trying to decide what to do. It was a classic Kevin Koe decision making process. Sad to say in the end we lost the game 7-4. Oh well, there's always another game to play and I look forward to them. BTW, I dropped my Tues/Thurs team so now I'm only curling on Wed/Fri. Works for me just fine. I'm open to playing spare for other teams as long as they aren't at the Granite.

And yes, our power bill will be high due to all the cold weather. So will the gas bill but thankfully it's not as high as before we installed the HE furnace. Is your house heated by electricity or gas or wood? Old houses I never know what to expect.

Mike - I've always wanted to visit down under but the missus is not keen on it. She wants to go to Italy. Hey, maybe that would work - she goes to Italy and I go to Oz I'm not wild about visiting the homeland of Mussolini. I would also like to visit Sweden and Estonia. Hahaha, not for the Ikea shopping either.

Dan - If it comes to surgery I hope it is the wildest of successes. Always nice to hear someone who had the surgery speak well of the procedure.
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:04 PM

Good Morning folks. Thursday it is.

Hmm.. Today it starts to get colder. Not good. I think i tackle the oil pump today from TH350. Doing part at a time. It actually is pretty "easy" gearbox as long as you keep everything organised, and follow the notes. What a marvel that human has invented something like that.

1969w3155 - I havent neither heard anyone praising the results of back surgery, ever

Allan R - Shame you lost. Did you have something personal towards tues/thurs team, or just wanted some time? Ill heat with direct electricity ( thats how we call it).
There are 3 fireplaces, but when you have to buy the Wood, the end cost is pretty much same, so i rather burn all my Wood at sauna. Just using fireplaces on coldest days.
Gas heating, or gas at all is really weird for me. Ive heard tales that at some point atleast on our Capital there have been gas stoves atleast, but gas-anything is really unexistant here.
About the countries you mentioned, id suggest Lithuania and Norway instead. Those are just my opinions, but Norway is far more interesting than Sweden, as goes with the Lithuania versus Estonia. Then you could aswell pay a visit to Finland if youre that long
Old January 10th, 2019, 05:58 AM

mawn'in

Chili fro the sunny south but clear

Thanks for all the birthday wishes

I got sum new drugs from the orthopedic Doc and sum exercises routine to do with a light weight. I chose a large soup can. We'll see . I'm not sure how long this is gonna take but I'm glad I'm on the DL in the winter time when it's too miserable to play anywho

Mike, I think ya need a train [or 2] and then a Ferris wheel

Have a great day Olds friend
Old January 10th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Anutter witches heart morning here. Last night my son came home (tossed his coat on a chair instead of hanging it up so we're going to have to address that) and didn't bother to plug in his car because it was only -10. That boy needs to start thinking ahead because it's a brisk -19 here now. I had to take out the trash so I plugged it in. Too bad he isn't a car guy; he doesn't think about how engine oil is affected by the cold. Doesn't matter that its full synthetic, it still gets less viscous in cold weather.

Not too much planned here for the day except keeping warm.

Jouni - We use natural gas for heating here. Actually everyone here does either for heating or also for cooking. Most of the saunas I've seen here and been in are also electric heat and lined with cedar. It has such a nice aromatic smell. As far as the other Leagues? There were several reasons. The guys were nice enough, but couldn't curl even their hair with a curling iron. The Granite ice was always filthy, and the commute was hellish at the best of times. The drive to the Saville is 33 minutes of highway (100 km/hr - but not many keep it that low) and a straight shot with no traffic lights. Plus the Saville is a national training center for Canadian Curling and their ice is top notch always. I play third on Wednesday, but skip on Friday. I thought about Norway and Finland but I hear there's plenty of crazy people there... Just kidding. Maybe one day, we'll see.

Jim - good luck with the meds. Sheesh, I had to google what DL means. So does that mean no more whackin whitey for awhile? That's gotta hurt almost as much as your elbow. Now nothing to do but chores around Milton house and grounds. Ya might have to hire some kids to help out again if you can find any that have work ethics that is.

So there's a newbie here who has a 78 Cutlass that's been sold and titled as a 77. Even the VIN says it's a 77 but the body says its a 78. Joe P chimed in and said it's obviously a fraudulently changed car VIN. The lady owner says it was sold new at the dealer that way, and likely is a typo by the clerks at the dealer and DMV. Somehow I don't see that happening. Well, she has the car in storage so she can't check the actual VIN against what is registered on her paperwork now. What an interesting thread.
Old January 10th, 2019, 07:48 AM

Datsun 100A´s were sold in Finland as new ones, few years after their production had stopped worldwide.. So everything is possible
Old January 10th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Inline
Datsun 100A´s were sold in Finland as new ones, few years after their production had stopped worldwide.. So everything is possible
That's a different story Jouni. The car in question has a VIN stating 1977 but the body is 1978 and the production sequence is waaaay out for 78. Hahaha, we have a dealer here in AB (Lethbridge) who has an inventory of 2010 Sonata cars that haven't ever sold. He's still asking full retail (from 2010) on cars. They will sell as 'new' and get the full 5 years of factory warranty. Only problem is sitting all that time outside there's bound to be issues with the tires and other rubber parts, maybe other things too.