The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2018, 06:47 AM

Like a cow on a flat rock

Headed norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old November 9th, 2018, 07:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sum one needs ta shoot dat cow and make it into steaks......
Old November 9th, 2018, 08:54 AM

Here comes the snow.
Old November 9th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Oh no, not again...

And up here, it's starting to rain. Nice, the highways will be pure ice in a while. Excellent. My wife and kid are heading off to Calgary this afternoon. I'm heading to the coin show in a bit, that's where I'm going to be spending the weekend.
On a positive note, my mid-fifties "Olds Service Guild" Gruen watch is again among the living. It was as I thought; the "Incabloc" balance jewels were totally backed up with crud and had to be completely taken apart. I now know how to do this and it's deceptively easy.
Anyway, off to load up the car...I hope I don't crash it, I've got $1000 worth of booze in the back, crash it and it's going to get interesting, I can just read the accident report; "alcohol was involved" and I will not have touched a drop...

Also, don't forget it's Remembrance Day on Sunday. It'll be 100 years since my ancestors finally decided to throw in the towel and stop shooting at your ancestors. It was supposedly the "war to end all wars". Well, too bad they didn't learn their lesson and that peace was worse than the war in that it led to a larger and much worse conflagration in 1939. In the future, most historians will probably look at the 20th century as the "75 years war", because what started in August of 1914 didn't really end until October of 1990.

Have a great Weekend everyone!
Old November 9th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Stopped at the Awful house on the way home. It was a weird day. We didn't have very many wheels, we never knew what our goal was, we'd just make a few wheels and then sit around, make a few more wheels then sit around. Finally the lead just told us to go home. We did have a nice display of military aircraft in the hangar. Along with what was there yesterday there was also an A10 Warthog, a KC135A, and another FA18. One of the Osprey's was getting fueled to presumably leave, but it was going to be awhile so I didn't stay.

Lots o'rain here as well. Guess I'll have to find inside stuff to do today. I might build a fire and take a nap. It almost looks like the sun is trying to come out, but then it will start raining again.

Marc my incabloc balance jewels always send me for a loop when they get backed up with crud. Safe drive to the show and for your family as well.

Okay Tiger wants a treat. Hm so do I. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old November 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Unbelievable!!! A clean sweep for the week. 4 games, 4 wins. I don't think I should wash these clothes or change anything. Might be my lucky combination?

Marc - You should be fine. At around 9:00 the rain was not very friendly and was starting to make things nasty. But on the way home (around 12:30) the roads were mostly just wet. Henday East was in really good shape; I think they must have used the de-icing solution on it because there was no real build up. I think they also used a bit of sand in the mix because when a few truck/trailers went by the spewed up that God Awful mix of wet/crud that is hard on paint and windshield. Have a safe trip to Cowtown.

Dan - How much??
Old November 9th, 2018, 07:58 PM

A great day for me,getting respected for my military service at work.Auto parts store rep did this to a few co workers and I knowing veteran's day is on Sunday.Gave us a part of properly retired United States flags.Going to like tomorrow as well,United States Marines Corps's birthday is tomorrow.
Old November 9th, 2018, 10:40 PM

Allan: $7350.00. I'll be sending paperwork to the contractor to fill out and send back to me, as doing so will lower my homeowners insurance. Of course now that I have "improved upon my house", the taxes will probably go up. Another reason for the permits Allan, so they can see what you are up to, and increase the property taxes.
Old November 10th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Cold, cold this morning, 37* but the sun is coming out. Had the stove going last night and it was so comfy.

Dan around here every couple of years people go to the neighborhoods in the county and just walk around on your property to see if it still matches the description they have of it. Don't call first, don't knock on the door, just wander around. I heard more than one person say that when discovered they were told in no uncertain terms they were unwelcome. "Oh we're from the county we're allowed to come onto your property." Uh huh, guess what.

Might take in the junkyard today. This is the pull apart where all the cars are up on stands. I haven't been there in quite awhile. No telling the deals I'm missing out on. We're going to the Awful house first and then I'll drop Tiger off at home and go up there. I also need a rubber cap to put on this one nipple on the Cutlass's radiator. It must have been a generic radiator because it has several fittings that nothing goes in. It is too far below the cap to be the overflow, and if it heats up all the coolant comes out this hole. It's the only thing that keeps me from driving the car. That and not having a spare.

Okay off we go. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old November 10th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Always room for one more

What, nobody all day? Hello, is this thing on?

Junkyard was good. Nothing to write home about but had a good time walking around. I found 96 cents in the cars so that means it only cost me 4 cents to get in.

I've now used up all my dry firewood. Got a nice fire going now, maybe I can introduce a damp piece here and there and it will keep going.

I'm firing my cable company and that has necessitated me getting a new email. I don't know if anyone here has my email, but if you want my new one let me know I'll send it to you.

Think I'll watch a movie. I haven't seen Christine in awhile. Maybe I'll watch Duel. I always yell when the Valiant bites it.

Have a good night everyone.
Old November 10th, 2018, 08:10 PM

Better late than never I guess. Duel is a classic. Not much going on here. Light snow. Football, and now the news.
Old November 11th, 2018, 04:07 AM

Hi Guys and Gals, wife and I are moved into the new house. Everything really has went well. Original house is gone, closing is done for new house and closing for the cabin sale is to be Wednesday the 14th. Phew!! Still a lot to do but everything is in a place that is dry and safe Maybe not yet where it belongs but ok for now. Boy am I glad the election is over- so many ads!! We have about a inch of the white stuff and temps in the 20's at night. Today is Veterans day, free meals for vets all over the place, but usually a big line. I think I'll stay home. Thanks to all the Vets and especially those who saw battle. Well I'll make it short. Have a good day all, Greg.
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Slept a little late and still made the Awful house at a good time. Got home a little early from there as well. Sun is out, gonna be in the 50s today.

Didn't watch a movie. The damp firewood did okay in the stove and I went to bed a little early. Today I think I'll catch up on things inside. Might change the oil in the dogmobile later if I feel like it. I need to change trans fluid as well. I learned after my third transmission to change fluid religiously every 10K miles. One of those transmissions was in a pickup truck. It taught me to get a standard in a truck.

Today needs to count. All 5 days next week. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:34 PM

Hone from the hills,

Pulled "Das Boat "out of the water and drained the carbs, She' high and dry for the winter. My plan is to take of the wood trim and re varnish it

I may have ta take up Curling ..............Smacking whitey around isn't looking very promising

Mike, Speaking of which, I'm not trying ta tell ya what to do, BUT It's fix'in to come up a cloud, Ya better get some dry wood on the porch

The Atlanta Falcons suck

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 11th, 2018, 10:01 PM

Afternoon all, been a few weeks since I was on here. Just busy with everything that's going on down here.
Temps have been brutal lately for this time of year, got to 37 last week for a high.
That's crazy that you need a permit for pretty much anything you do to your house Dan. Good looking roof now though.
So did you get that 4th win Allan?
Last night shift for me tonight. It's not gonna be fun since I only got 5 hours sleep. My body said it's time to wake up now so I have been awake since 1, my alarm was set for 4:30. Tried to get back to sleep but just wasn't happening leaving for work soon.
Stay warm up there Allan and remember if it gets too cold you can always visit down here. Just remember to book your return flight the same day as I don't think you could stand our summer
Take it easy everyone, Adrian
Old November 12th, 2018, 06:14 AM

No golf today

Adrian, doesn't heat rise.? I wish sum would rise up this way

Mike, I hope ya got some wood up

Allan, So what does one call a 4 game streak? A top Hat trick? A grand slam?

Old November 12th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got home. Had to stop by the doctor to have my blood pressure medicine redone. Not sure why I had to see him when the practitioner could have done things quicker. Oh well. I don't have to worry about it for 6 months.

Rain. No Jamesbo I didn't get any firewood put up. It wasn't dry enough and now it really isn't dry enough. I thought we were done with the rain but I suppose not.

Adrian I think after 5 months I finally have gotten into a dayshift routine. I sleep better at night, don't want to nap when I get home in the afternoon, and don't (usually) feel tired at work. Trouble is on the weekend when I want to stay up late I'm still in bed early...

Well we'll see what's going on . Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old November 12th, 2018, 01:37 PM

Well Mike, If ya get in a pinch [and can't find a fat girl ta keep ya warm].come on up [on the way to get a pizza] I've got plenty. Ya don't even haveta paint in the rain
Old November 12th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Afternoon Guys:

We got back about 4:00 yesterday afternoon from our trip to Bastrop this weekend. It was really a crappy weekend for the most part. It started with the weather on Friday which was not real bad but it got worse as the weekend went on. We caravanned down with four other cars. No problem with any of the people but I just don't care for the caravan thing. People get in between you and often time the guy at the end (that would be me) catches the red light. Then we turned and took the back road with lots of small towns and I didn't care for that. We left the hotel at 6:30 Saturday morning so we would all park together. The 54 was had a skip and occasional sputter on the last leg of the trip Friday. When I started her on Saturday morning I didn't think she was going to make it from the hotel to Main Street. She was backfiring and would barely move. Then I am thinking how the heck am I going to make that 235 mile trip home. There was a NAPA store about 3 blocks from where we were parked. I went down and got a new set of plugs and some Heet to put in the gas tank in case it was water in the tank. We changed the plugs (not the problem) and sprayed the carb down with Berrymans. She seemed a little better and made it back to the hotel although not without coughing. We went to dinner that night at one of the guys that lives in Bastrop and retired from Oldsmobile. He mentioned the condenser and I remembered reading about bad condensers doing things like this. Yesterday morning I am out in front of the hotel changing the points and condenser. Fortunately I had spares in the toolbox. Problem solved. I had to stop a short way down the road and regap the points because they were too wide and I had one heck of a clatter. After that we got home with no problem. On top of all this for the first time in four years at this show I didn't even place. That is not a big deal though. I went on ebay today and bought two sets of NOS, made in the USA Delco points and one Delco condenser and a rotor. I considered converting back to Pertronix but when one dies you are dead in the water. At least the points will give you some warning and allow you to get off the road. The weather Saturday was in the low 50's and overcast. At least it wasn't raining and the wind was not blowing. The weather today has not been out of the 40's and it is supposed to be 29 degrees tonight and 28 tomorrow. I hate cold weather.
Glenn
Old November 12th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Oh no, not again...

Good evening guys!
Made it back after an eventful weekend. The coin show was a success. Even though the highways were crappy all of the dealers who were expected managed to show up. On Saturday we opened up and packed the house. The dealers reported that sales were good and and everyone was having a good show. The booze survived the trip there but not Saturday evening; we held our hospitality reception and everyone wobbled off to their rooms afterwards. I'm sure a few of them were under the weather the next morning, because the deals were numerous. The only problem we had was with some Gypsies, apparently they like to go to events such as these and canvass them and then send in the kids to thieve afterwards; - they know full well the justice system does nothing to minors so they're all training the kids to ****** and grab right in the open and pull a knife. They hit a Telus phone store in Fort Saskatchewan the day before our show and have been knocking off Walmarts and electronics stores and jewelry stores all the way up Alberta recently. I guess they're working on the premise that if a few get caught big deal, as long as some of the stuff gets passed off before anyone is arrested it'd be considered acceptable losses. So after they left, they came back at closing time, ostensibly to get people as they were packing up and leaving, - the only thing was they came late, there was no one left when they arrived. I guess they had no idea we'd pack up and move out in such a hurry. There were one or two dealers left, and they had cars parked to tail them out; - we pointed them out and then then they left. But, you can rest assure they won't make those mistakes again; next year they'll be ready for us with a different plan. We also heard that some groups of recent emigres from Syria are also involved, there were a few of them casing the place yesterday. So it looks like we might have to do what they do in the States and ask for photo ID at the door and have security pack heat. Either development is not good, and it takes away from the family friendly atmosphere we're trying to foster. But, there are a lot of bad people in this world and they all seem to be hell-bent on turning our well functioning society into a similar type of s--thole country much like where they came from. I could go on, but it's best that I don't.
Sold a couple of watches, bought a few more, and oh yeah, I got a couple of nice coins too. The Oldsmobile watch is still purring along, - perfect, I guess I finally nailed it.

And then one of the guys on the Buick forum posted a Kijiji ad from Penticton about a 53 Olds 98 hardtop; - the car is in pieces, but looks to be all there, but the guy wants $7K CDN for it. That's a bit rich for a pile of non-running parts. Still; it'd be a neat car to do...

Unfortunately back to work tomorrow...have a great evening!
Old November 13th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Looks like everyone survived the long weekend with a degree of success. Off to battle and see it the winning streak continues.
Old November 13th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Nope, it does not.
Old November 13th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good day today. We finished all our work but weren't rushed. The rain seems to have stopped, but it's cold. Think we'll just hang out around here this afternoon.

Thanks Jamesbo. I actually started busting up some trim I removed from the bedroom and used it to get things going. It would end up firewood anyway, might as well put it to use now. Don't know what I'll do tonight, though. Maybe just a lot of cardboard.

Marc glad you had a good weekend. Is there a way you guys can set up your booths so stuff isn't quite as available from passersby? Maybe have stuff in a case? I haven't been to a Corvair show in awhile but it used to be people would set up in the vendor area with a sign that says, put your money in this box. The people would be out participating in events.

Glenn I have had car trouble before that doesn't seem to ever go away. Glad you got back home okay and got things fixed up. I have a Pertronix in my 57 Chev. It's made exactly one trip. When I had it in to get the trans rebuilt, the guy called and said the car wouldn't start, and I should go to Summit and get a Pertronix. So I did and I brought it up to him and he put it in and everything was fine. Then when he was done with the car I picked it up, drove it home, and that was the last time I drove it. Had trouble with the power steering, the fuel pump, brakes, and I never really got back to it. Hm.

Think I'll go fix myself a snack. I think I need to eat a bigger bowl of Cocoa Pebbles in the mornings. I'm starved by the time break come around at 830. Anyway, pepper steak for my dinner tonight.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old November 13th, 2018, 12:45 PM

Mike, oooh pepper steak.... I love that, haven't had any in a while.
Glenn, you wouldn't like it here now. Temps in the 20's all week, and that's the highs! A little unusual for Michigan in middle November.
Old November 13th, 2018, 01:44 PM

I've lost 4 typed post, Ya'll are gonna haveta guess wtf happened today
Old November 13th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo lately when I've been typing a little box pops up that says auto-saved. A couple times my post has disappeared(either by my own doings or otherwise) and I push that button and it all comes back. Nice new little feature.

So let me guess. You threw away a dumpster-full of paint cans, waited for a marker, and made some hoe cakes. Or, you did nothing then rested. Am I close?

Cold in the house, I think I'll go to bed early. Got the kitchen cleaned up, laundry put away, and lunch for tomorrow made.
Old November 13th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hahahaha - I think Mike nailed it
Or, you did nothing then rested
Now I know why I wasn't feeling so well today. Not enough to drink or eat, and ended up with a diabetic low. Popped some Dex4 tabs, had a decent meal and a liter of fluid (you guess what kind - but it is sugar free).

Update on Brian - The post surgery results are in. The surgeon got 100% of the tumor and yikes! It was Gioblastoma stage 4 cancer, and malignant. He's at home with his family and recovering. Starts chemo and radiation treatment and that will go for 30 days. So far so good. He's a keeper and I'm so proud of him and his support network dealing with this devastating life altering illness.

Glenn - Good job on the 54. I didn't think of the condensor being bad either. I agree that going with a stock system is a better solution unless you want to start carrying around a spare Petronix unit.I don't know what would be more work though..

Marc - Sounds like the Syrians next door were visiting your show. They disappeared from here on Saturday night and aren't back yet. Maybe there's a gypsy convention in Cowtown or Red Deer???

Adrian - No way. I think I could handle 27° right about now. It's been bloody unseasonable here since September. The flight to Oz is pretty long and not much of deals from the airlines right now or I'd be coming for a visit.

Last edited by Allan R; November 13th, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old November 13th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Oh no, not again...

Well, trying to work through new "progressive" glasses, can't see a bloody thing, so please excuse any typos. Sounds like some people in Ottawa that I've read about, not worth a d--n either.
At any rate, they tell me the headaches and the vertigo should go away in a couple of weeks, - uh, yeah, somehow I don't think so.

Allan; sorry to hear you're not feeling well; keeping the chemistry in check can be tough; I think I finally understand what it means. I feel better that way, now if only I could see something.

Glenn; - Condensers are funny things; I had one in a Mercedes that had a rusted wire that wasn't completely through (they were mounted outside of the cap in the open, once I saw that I understood why the Germans lost the war) . So it was intermittent, the car farted and sputtered home before it quit completely and then refused to start. Couldn't figure it out...until I reached behind the distributor as the wife was cranking it over and it fired and I got zapped.

Mike; now I want pepper steak. It's too cold and the BBQ is under 6" of snow. Curses, foiled again!
There's really no way things aren't in the open, the coins are usually kept in locked glass-topped cases and only come out when people ask to see them. Cash is all over the place, most dealers carry a few grand in cash on them at all times. 2 years ago one guy had a $1000 bill stolen when he lost track of one binder for a few minutes. You'd be surprised how many people get caught trying to finger stuff; the dealers themselves are pretty astute. We can only control who gets in, and I think if people present photo ID they'd be a little less predisposed to steal. Sure, you'll still have the odd klepto or psycho getting through, but the odds would be significantly reduced. We have something like $20 million in product laying around at any show; - the problem of course is unloading it. You would either have to have a smelter or have contacts who could funnel the stuff out of the country quickly to recoup any cash. And then Canadian coins don't do well in foreign markets, so the perp is kind of hooped in where he can get rd of things. It's the jewelry and watches aspect that worries me, because the outlets to get rid of those things are actually quite numerous. Coins are actually the worst thing to steal because they're the hardest to get rid of. The dealer network is pretty tight and usually the knowledge of any theft goes across the country in minutes and they're on the lookout for whatever has been stolen. It's usually the pawnshops that get in on the chin because they take in these win-falls because greed is a big motivator only to get burned when they go to a coin shop or a coin auction to liquidate only to find that it was stolen; - then they're out the money they spent and the coin.

Adrian, - 27 sounds nice...right now it's about 27 Fahrenheit here, or - 4 C.

Jamesbo; - You sure you haven't been dipping into that "Southern Goodness" or something?

Well, time to turn in...still exhausted from the weekend and I have to be up early in the morning to hit the office before I resume my other career as a voice-over presenter. Have a good night!
Old November 14th, 2018, 05:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Slept pretty well last night and this morning I feel a bit improved.

Today battle at the Saville. Nicer rink than the Granite. I'll have to make a decision if I want to keep up this 4x a week curling schedule. I think it might be a bit much for me.

To wash or not to wash the car today. Threat of afternoon showers, yeah buddy. On the way home from curling I need to stop in at the barber for a desperately overdue ears lowering.

Some day I want to go to Vegas and try the Heart attack burgers
Old November 14th, 2018, 06:35 AM

Dank [That's southern fer cold wet miserable]

Mike, I actually went to town and stopped at the Aweful House. Did you see on the news where sum crack head went to the bathroom and climbed into the Aweful House ceiling and fell thu out in the eating area? The one I was at yesterday had 1x1 stapled in tiles, I think the one the moron fell thu had 2x4 lay in ceiling tiles. So, It appears they have different kind of ceiling tiles [ A little Aweful House trivia]

That little "save post" thingy is kinda like Whack a mole, it comes and goes

BTW My offer for fire wood stands when ya run outa furniture

Allan, Sorry ole pal, nothing in Vegas interest me Not even the food. I never bet on anything that doesn't have a tail

The dumpster was full and picked up Friday, it looks like I never tossed anything I think I could fill up 2 or 3 more. BTW anyone need a gee wiz?

Old November 14th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I never bet on anything that doesn't have a tail
Dey is made frum beefs Jim. Beefs got tails BTW ya fergot Dreary....goes perfec wit dank. Bin der. I onee wanna try it before i croke so I kin say i didit. Member wen ever thing was deep fried in pure lard?? I does.
Old November 14th, 2018, 07:03 AM

Allan, NOW they say Lard is good fer ya. It's loaded with vitamin D FWIW ya can't make a decent cat head biscuit w/o lard. I make a batch every Saturday
Old November 14th, 2018, 07:47 AM

Well, put out 10 bundles of Japanese yew, or whatever kind of yard shrub that it was out by the curb. Each bundle tied up with cord per city specs so they can easily pick them up for disposal. So, i pull in the driveway last night after work, and there they sit, untouched. Hadda make a phone call to the city to get some attention. They'll put me on the list. We'll see. Got a day of sunshine predicted, nice and bright out there, first time in a couple of weeks. I gotta order some weather tech floor mats for my brothers truck, as he's allergic to computers. My buddy has a Norge cookbook passed down from his mom, they used to include them with the purchase of a new fridge back in the day. Everything was cooked in lard, possum, rabbit, whatever else that you could club for dinner.
Old November 14th, 2018, 08:19 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Lunchtime. It's been a good morning so far and the number of wheel assemblies we need to turn out is low. Should be a good day. Here inside the bunker I have no idea what it's doing out, except the phone says it's 50* and raining. Gee what's new.

Thanks Jamesbo I'll get some firewood when I come up to get that blaster. That reminds me of MASH when it was so cold everyone kept busting up the furniture to keep the stoves going. At the end of the show Henry Blake's desk was gone and he was sitting on the floor with his phone.

Allan if you want to try that burger before you croak, give it a try and it might help you croak. If it's deep fried I'll try one with you. I'd eat a rock if it were deep fried.

Dan I should get those floor mats for my convertible. It's sitting at a bit of an angle and the top leaks and I have a little mushroom farm growing on the carpeting. Eh, it's coming out anyway. Maybe I could install drains in the floor mats for when it sits too long I can drain them.

Might run a couple errands with Tiger this afternoon after work. We haven't stopped at the Awful house for dinner for quite awhile. That's because there's a girl that works afternoons that is awful. Though I need to get gas for the car as well and it's right next door, so while I'm filling up I can look through the windows and see who's in there. Sometimes I call but they won't always tell me who's there. Ya I saw the guy fall through the ceiling. The people tried to catch him but he got away. The article said he took his pants off in the bathroom so he wouldn't have been hard to spot running through town.

Well see ya's all later. Let's try a Beatlejuice. We haven't heard from London for a long time now. He probably is thin as a rail and owns half of London(and restored it) by now.
Old November 14th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Olds Friends:

Pretty calm day today. I have been touching up the wall paint this afternoon after taking care of a little business in the office this morning. We had all the downstairs and one bedroom upstairs repainted a few years ago and it was touch up time. Now I think I am going to repaint all the baseboards. It was too cold to do anything outside today. I moved my boat to a new storage yard yesterday. I was going to donate it but they came back at the last minute and wanted me to pay half the towing costs. Because they did it at the 11th hour it pissed me off and I said to heck with them. I may look for somebody else to donate it to. It has been a little warmer today than yesterday. It was down in the upper 20's last night. Too cold for this time of year for Texas.
Hope everybody had a good day.
Glenn
Old November 14th, 2018, 03:28 PM

Mike, So do you like fried Okra? I had sum fer lunch with sum fried chicken and taters . I love the stuff

BTW did you see where our ole pal John snuck in and posted in ted's post
Old November 14th, 2018, 10:25 PM

He posted after I had gone to work. Would be nice to get him back over here.
Old November 15th, 2018, 05:30 AM

In case y'all missed a day or three, I hate this weather

Wonder how John's pigs are fairing during the monsoon ? I'm gonna chase him down next time he comes up to the mountains and have a long talk with him
Old November 15th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Work is very slow today. Our number keeps going down. We should be done in no time.

I did see that John was on the forum so I texted him and said he should stop in. Guess he decided against it. Maybe we smell.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of okra but when I go to see my friends in Daytona Beach we go to this barbeque place that has these little deep fried okra *****. They're pretty good.

My roof has developed a leak. Now, this is the lifetime roof I got a few years ago. I went up into the attic to see if I could see where it is, couldn't see squat. I'll have to wait till it stops raining and go up on the roof and hopefully figure it out.

So Glenn the charities don't get towing donated to them? Might have been an attempt at pocket lining.

Okay see you's all later. Got some nachos from a fund raising gig and now I have cheese sauce all over the keyboard.
Old November 15th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Thorsday - Hmm, anutter good day for a change. What a shock. This morning my BG was down at 4.7mmol/L. I haven't seen a low reading like that in months. Usually a reading of 5.3-5.8 is more normal for me so something's wonky.

Curling was better today, but not as good as yesterday at the Saville. At least there we won. At the Granite it's very dependent on whether people show up with their game face on.

Jim - I heard Okrey was pretty slimey so I steered clear. It's an interesting looking pod but it's kinda pricey up here.

Mike - I'm game if you are. I don't know if they deep fry their burgers but they do deep fry their onion rings and fries. Don't know how much you weigh (but you said you were a big man) but if you're 350 or more you get to eat for free at that Heart Attack Grill. I remember the taste from when I was a kid. Up here the gubment basically passed laws that prevent any use of lard or saturated oils for deep frying. They're barking up the wrong tree though because targeting one thing and not the others that cause so many health related issues is pure BS.

Dan - Weather Tech looks like a great liner. I've been debating getting them for my Sonata. Only thing holding me back right now is I don't get the car dirty inside and I still have the factory winter mats for it.

Glenn - I did painting last year. I still have some more to do in the main floor bathroom. Only I'm going all in. We already changed out the floor and counter/sink so now I'm going to change out the mirror, lighting, and hardware. Want to bet that mama doesn't think my choice of fixtures will be right? I already showed my son the choices and he things they're quite good. Walls are going to be changed to a dove grey and the only thing that's a real PITA is I have to remove the toilet to paint behind and also to get a ladder in there as the ceilings are 10' high.

Well, spoda snow tonight. Hahahaha, what's new?