The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 8th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Been a busy day. Hit the junkyard and got a retractable cup holder for the early 00's GM pickups. They are a big, cumbersome and ugly thing, and my pickup doesn't have one. That's because it wouldn't open with the shifter. It has a blank plate covering a big open space, and I thought I could use the hinge on the blanking plate and create a hidden compartment. Otherwise nothing to write home about.

Marc this is one of those pull apart places where the whole place is gravel and the cars are up on stands. The cars get rotated out and crushed on a schedule, doesn't matter what's on them or not. Now, there is an old fashioned place I go to once in a while, he's only there on Saturdays. Everything is in the mud, trees growing through the bumpers, it's cool. Once he's gone, though, I think that's it. The State of Georgia still has applications for junkyards on their website, but I'm sure the list of rules is long.

What is with these people selling 67 Impala's for 75K? Because it's like the car in Supernatural. Is that a show? Are they serious? These cars aren't even in that great of shape. Must really be a following.

Glenn how's the air powered bumper jack? Have you used it yet?

Might stay up a little later tonight, I feel pretty awake. Oh I kept hearing from that guy with the convertible. Wanted to know if I was still interested. I told him I thought it was a nice car but there were a few things I didn't like and good luck. He persisted. Would I be interested at a lower price(he wants 11500). I said yes, this is what I didn't like about it. Gave him a long list. Would I be interested at 8500? I said I was thinking more like 7. His last message was, Thanks for your time. He must not have a lot of interest. He's going to own that car forever with those seats.

Well, gonna find something to do for a little while. Maybe just play with Tiger. Have a good night everyone.
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. It will probably be past noon before this posts.

Quiet, as in nothing going on here this morning. Jamesbo is on the lake, Allan is staining the deck, Marc is looking for parts. Everyone else, in church like we all should be.

So Marc does your car happen to have a Dynaflow in it? Was your car built before the fire? Or was it built with a Dynaflow and then converted after Hydramatic production started up again?

Stayed up until about 10 last night and slept good until almost 8. Awful house was okay but the homeless guy was there. I have nothing against homeless people, but over the weeks and months that I've been seeing him, we'd chat a bit and he's remembered every little thing I've said, and he's always talking about Tiger, and it gives me the creeps. How a homeless guy can eat better than I do is also odd. I was finished with my breakfast and just chilling, so when he went into the bathroom I hurried up and left.

So one of my chores today is to go into the crawl space and tape up all the insulation that has fallen down. Every time I'd go in there it seemed unusually cool, like there was an AC vent in there. Today I was in there and saw that the crappy mesh filter that is in the big mixing box had come out and an opening probably 12 square inches pouring cold air. That would do it. That's going to get taped up, as I have filters in the house. It will be sort of a crawl space tune up.

After that, maybe mow, fix a couple holes in the driveway, go to Walmart, and end the evening early. Hopefully I feel good at 2 so I can go in for overtime. Wow who am I, I never work overtime, now I love it.

Well, have a good afternoon, anyone who happens by.
Old September 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Oh no, not again...

Originally Posted by slantflat
So Marc does your car happen to have a Dynaflow in it? Was your car built before the fire? Or was it built with a Dynaflow and then converted after Hydramatic production started up again?
Mike, Nope, the car has a Hydramatic. I wish it had a Dynaflow, I loved that transmission back when I had pre-63 Buicks. According to the stats, it's actually marginally quicker than the Hydramatic was.

No luck with the parts yet, (of course) the only thing I found out so far is that 1953 was one on its own, nothing else will fit. So, I think it's going to be a long search, and I may end up not finding what I'm looking for.
I should be used to this, I've restored Buicks. I also restore antique English watches that are pretty much hand-made and nothing interchanges on them. They are really frustrating...
Today looks like another inside day, the weather is very winter-like and disconcerting. Well. I've got enough to do here in my office, it'll just be a question of getting motivated. I could strip down a couple of watches and clean them up, I have 2 more pocket watches and about 4 wristwatches that could be cleaned up. One I was tinkering with last night, managed to get it to run again only to find that the hairspring is a bit wonky and it won't regulate. It gains about 10 seconds a minute, and I can't control the speed with which the hairspring bunches and unwinds. It'll take about 3 weeks to get another hairspring in from Europe, the funny thing about that is the watch was made in pre-war Germany and the major parts supplier is in the UK.
I got my 1880 Waltham back yesterday, a friend who is absolutely a whiz at shaping and forming metal banged out some nasty dents in the case and made it presentable again. It needs the movement cleaned up.
Well, on to do something...have a great day !
Old September 9th, 2018, 10:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon all,

Sept is like a woman - always changing her mind about something. Now it's the weather. It was so nice early in the week, now it's decided to become cold, wet and windy for the next week. Good thing I got one coat of stain/sealer done before everything changed.
I notice the trees starting to change colors, that a sure sign of fall. I guess I should try firing up the leaf mulcher I bought on the web to see if it works or whether I need to rebuild the carb.

Nice Olds Marc. Where do you store it? (I mean county, not exact address). It appears to be a solid car and I'm sure you'll upgrade the steering and brakes to make it safe for your son to drive. Hopefully he has the ambition to see it through.

Looks like my sons days at Casa Depot are numbered. He's found another job that pays better and has better hours. He interviewed yesterday and the owner was impressed and asked if he could start immediately. He's going to give Casa Depot a 2 week notice later today just to be fair. Personally if it was me I'd just walk away from Casa Depot as they don't have the best rep for fairness to employees in the long run.

Mike - at least one of the good things about a cool/cold crawl space is its not a place Mr. No Shoulders wants to live in.

Kind of a lackluster day shaping up. Mebbe I'll take a page outta Jims book and just do nuttin and then rest.
Old September 9th, 2018, 12:24 PM

Mike, Ya do know we have "Boat Church" at the lake, Where ya boat up and anchor. One item on my bucket list, is to drive my Amphi up to Boat Church

Marc, A deuce and a quarter [Electra 225] was my favorite road trip car. Drive like a dream. Does yours have the foam head liner?

The 1st one my mom got was silver with black interior and black vinyl top AND an 8 track

I used to have my hot water heater, HVAC and well pump pressure tank in a crawl space, But I finally built a basement with a screen porch over it [insulated roof under porch floor joist] One of my smarter moves

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Olds friends

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
world peace.jpg (93.0 KB, 5 views)
Old September 9th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Old September 9th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Oh no, not again...

Well, I didn't want to do this considering this is an Olds site, but here's my Electra 225, and my Wildcat. Both sets of pics are pretty old, I haven't shot new ones. The Electra is fully loaded except for A/C, it also has a working factory 8 track and AM/FM radio, and the Wildcat has Power windows, Power seat, tilt, factory 8 track and AM/FM radio.
Both cars are great drivers that need nothing, which is why I'm bored and got an Oldsmobile.
What's interesting about the Wildcat picture is it was ripped from a Russian screen saver site, the picture was shot by the previous owner shortly before I took ownership of the car again. I had originally rescued the car from a wrecker in 1990, I traded a 64 Olds Dynamic 88 for it, I got it mechanically sound, but it still needed a full restoration when I traded it off along with cash on the Electra. I got it back again fully restored in 2015 when I traded a 46 Buick Super for it. It truly is the car that cost me no cash to get.
Attached Images
Picture 004.jpg (1.23 MB, 5 views)
Picture 021.jpg (718.9 KB, 5 views)
Old September 9th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Always room for one more

Marc those are beautiful cars. You can post pictures of them any time you want as far as I'm concerned. My Granddad liked Buicks. He had a string of Wildcats in the 60s. I believe it was a 69 Wildcat that he and my Grandmother, other grandmother and aunt drove to our house around Thanksgiving one time. It was cold and icy on the interstate and a deer jumped out and hit the front of the car. Granddad hit the brakes(which he shouldn't have done) and the car spun. A semi carrying frozen turkeys hit the brakes, jackknifed, and rolled over the back of the car. The truck went into the median, the car ended up facing backwards on the shoulder. They all stepped out unscathed. I have the pictures of the car at the towing yard, if I can find them I'll post them up.

Jamesbo someone must be a fan of Dr. Robert Schuller. He had the drive in church in California. He'd stand on top of the concession stand and everyone would park and listen to him on the speakers that hung on the windows.

So I got the insulation taped up in the crawl space, and a few things I have stored in there rearranged. One thing I've never found is remnants of a snake in there. And very few bugs. I'm grateful for that. Planned on mowing when I got done, and the it rained, maybe for 5 minutes, and then the sun came out. But the yard was wet so that was that.

Now I'm gonna call my Mom and then hit the sack. Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
Old September 9th, 2018, 08:57 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Olds Friends:
Today has been a pretty calm day. We had a NTOC meeting at 2:00 this afternoon. I did not take the Olds since it looked like rain. It never rained all afternoon. It would have been a nice day to go with the top down since the high here today was 75 which is really cool for this time of year. It was actually down in the 60's last night and early this morning. We have really had some much needed rain Friday and Saturday.
Marc, those are some really nice looking Buicks. I was still working for a Buick dealer in 1966 until I went in the USAF. That 66 Electra is a real cruiser. I remember 1966 as being the year the Electra broke the $6,000 mark while LeSabres broke the $5,000 mark and a loaded Skylark passed $4,000. Buick was building some really good cars back then.
Mike, I haven't really used the air powered jack yet but I did try it out on the Olds. Works great. I have a 4 HP compressor with a 20 gallon tank and it worked the jack. Keeping the belt on it is giving me a fit. It is a serpentine belt and seems it should be simple. I have a another compressor in the warehouse I need to move into the garage. It is a two stage compressor with a 60 gallon tank. I will have to get my brother to come over and help and it is in the back of the warehouse.
Well friends it is late and I will be turning in shortly.
Glenn
Old September 10th, 2018, 02:39 AM

Mawn'in

Tis Monday so guess what

Marc, Love the pics, Before you joined the asylum, I've told this story but for your benefit, I'll tell it one more time

I was driving my mom's deuce and a quarter one wet rainy day and over steered and got crossed up and went thu and guys yard bas ackwards. Naturally, I picked the yard that he manicured with finger nail clippers. The rear bumper made it look like a D-9 had plowed thru it

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 10th, 2018, 04:21 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, My church yesterday was 1.5 miles of a hike in to the inlet of the reservoir. Wasn't the worst day fishing. We went up to see about snagging some Kokanee, but they haven't started their run yet. I did snag a injured 5lb cutthroat and the wife's employee caught a 14" rainbow.

Allan and Jamesbo. It's funny that Vince's signs have gone so "viral' He's a customer of the wife's. Nice guy.

Marc, Nice lookin cars.

Got a new cooker on Friday and tried it out on Saturday. Ruined a perfectly good rack of spare ribs, but the Pork steaks smoked ok. Got the pigs back from the butcher. that I bought at the fair. right at about 400# after processing.

Have a day.
Old September 10th, 2018, 07:08 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mornin' y'all

Nice stable Marc My Grandfather owned a '70 Wildcat with the 455 4bbl. Man that thing would bake the rear hides as long as you wanted. It was silver with green interior. I wasn't fond of the green.

Sounds like your freezer is happy Clint I have went fishing in a few years. Sounds like y'all had fun.

Guess I'll get busy since it's my day off

Have a wonderful day Oldsmofriends
Old September 10th, 2018, 09:44 AM

Nice Buicks Marc. There's a small Buick/Pontiac dealership that is now just a local car repair shop about an hour north of me. He stopped selling new cars several years ago, but still services all makes and models. It has a one car showroom floor, and the owner has several mid 60's Buicks, and a few 70's Pontiacs that he displays during the local car show.
Old September 10th, 2018, 09:47 AM

Speaking of cars shows, here's a few pics from the Musclecar show at the Gilmore yesterday. https://photos.app.goo.gl/gZbyS2MD6fVWa7tx6
Old September 10th, 2018, 10:14 AM

Cool pics, tanks, IMHO a 409 is one of the easiest engines to tell

Allan, What killed Jesse James front side X 2 back side
Old September 10th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning (almost) Guys:
Lucy and I got back from our morning walk about an hour ago. We are up to about three miles now. That is about where it needs to be and now I will work on picking the pace up. That dog loves the walk and gets all excited when I ask here if she is ready to go for a walk. It is good for her to. I don't have too much on the agenda today. I have some work to do in the office and a few repairs I need to do upstairs. One of those is replacing the innards of one of the commodes. I have plumbing.
Yeh, the old W engines are easy to spot and are really a cool looking engine. I remember those were actually a truck engine before Chevy put them in the 58 Chevy. They were awesome but would not stand the high RPM's very long. They are very expensive these days.
Have a good day everybody.

Glenn
Old September 10th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Busy day at work. The tire retriever broke down for about 30 minutes so we didn't get all the wheels done we needed. So a few of us stayed over an hour to finish up. That helps make up for the two hours I wanted to do this morning and didn't.

Glenn I used to walk 4 miles every day. I did that for years. And you know what I don't remember why I stopped. I did try several times to get back into it and I never could. I will say that in a neighborhood full of rednecks and with no sidewalks, anyone walking along the side of the road is a target.

More nice pictures Dan. My favorite out of that bunch is the first bronze Barracuda.

Jamesbo I don't remember the end of the story.

Looked like it had rained at the airport during the day, but not here. Sun was out when I left work so who knows. Might try that mowing I was going to do yesterday.

Well the pressure is off. Monday is over. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old September 10th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Not a nice start to the day. Cold and rain. Today the boy is taking the new job for a test run and then after he's got a night shift at Casa Depot. He said if the new job took more than an hour to get to he'd have to re-think. But he texted me when he got there it only took 28 minutes including traffic. I guess I'll find out tonight how things went.

Jim - Dats good shootin either way ya look at it. At first I did a double take when you said x2 on back side. I thought WTH how can he shoot 44 on the front and 88 on the back....

Clint - I know. It's contagious. Here's one for today that has nothing to do with hogs or smokers

Dan - Really nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I'd have a hard time picking an absolute favorite out of that crowd.

Glenn - Lucy must love you more than ever with all the walks you're giving her.
Old September 10th, 2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jamesbo I don't remember the end of the story.
I spent a weeks pay in quarters trying to get the mud/grass out of the bumper and [ When my dad] found out, instead of going on Spring break to Panama city Florida, I learned how to lay new sod. BTW Green side goes up
Old September 10th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Oh no, not again...

Thanks guys for the compliments, I hope I can make that Olds look as nice and be as useful and as much fun to drive.
Actually, that Olds will be a lot of fun to drive compared to the old Buick straight-8 I used to have. The Olds has power, the Buick was slow.
Another lousy day here weather-wise, they say snow by Wednesday. I am so not looking forward to that again. I was hoping "global warming" would turn this climate into something warmer or at least more temperate. Seems it's everywhere else but here that's affected.
Jamesbo, neat story about the 225; - don't blame you if you never want to see one again. The neat thing is that Buick is actually one of the better handlers that I've had; it'll handle modern highways at 80 mph. Don't ask me how I know. With radials that car is pretty sticky, and the brakes, even though they are drums, are better than the discs they made 10 years later. Hammer on the brakes and a putty knife comes out of the glovebox and peels your face off the windshield.
I've owed over 30 Buicks over the years but only 6 Oldsmobiles, and 3 of them were 1955 Super 88s in various states of disrepair.
Glenn, you're right about the W engines, great truck engines, but not so hot for racing. They were heavy too. I guess the biggest reason they were so popular was because they could be had cheap. Like you've mentioned, a Buick was expensive, and Olds only a bit less, and a comparable sized Impala or Bel Air went for a couple grand less than a Buick. Still, they were pretty cars back then.
Well, pretty bagged tonight; gonna hit the hay early...good night
Old September 10th, 2018, 09:04 PM

What threw me about the bronze barracuda was that even though it was a performance variant (383 Commando) it wasn't tagged as a 'Cuda. I thought that starting in 1970, that the performance versions were 'Cudas, and the pedestrian models I.E. 318 2bbl, slant six, were called Barracuda's. I thought that the '55 Pontiac wagon, with the painted on wood grain was pretty cool, I have never seen one like that ( a '55 or '56), I have seen two '57 Safari's, that's about it, so, not too common. I believe that someone is casting new 409 blocks, not sure of the specifics. I also like the big *** Chrysler 300 E, with the cross ram carbs and intakes. Gotta be a real pain to change the spark plugs.
Old September 11th, 2018, 04:28 AM

Mawn'in

Still waiting to see if the hurricane brings us any rain

Headed south early for a test to check out my arteries, Probably full of pork fat

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have a deuce and a quarter, Maybe even take it to the drive in movie [if I could find one]

Old September 11th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Cool outside but at least it's not raining - yet. Spoda be rain later and temps not getting much better.

The boy handed in his 2 week notice yesterday to Casa Depot. He gave it directly to the store manager Keith, who is a bit of a dumba$$ and none of the employees likes. Keith was apparently shocked and taken back to get the notice. I'm not sure why because after being denied a full time position 3 times, who would stick around at a PT job when FT is what is needed to make progress in this world. Anywho seems that word is getting around the store and lots of other employees are sad that he's leaving. On the bright side, the new job that he test drove yesterday is agreeable and there's potential for a much higher pay scale after the probation period is over.

I remember the 225 and Wildcat well. One of my neighbors back in the 60's was an old German welder named Hermann Leicht. He bought a 66 Wildcat and his bricklayer neighbor bought a 66 Chrysler 300 with a 383. Both of them tested out the performance of those cars regularly and it was pretty close. One of the guys I worked with in the 70's - Jim Hlady - had a 76 Electra 225. I believe that car had a 455 and was an elegant looking boat. A strawberry metallic lower paint and white vinyl top with a light tan interior. Riding in that car was even nicer than riding in a Cadillac. Jim was a salesman for the company (Pitney Bowes) and hauled around a lot of demo stuff as well as schmoozing clients. Needless to say he was very successful at what he did.

What's south Jim? A declogging station?

Looks like I'm going to have to wait till next week to get the final stain/seal coat on the deck. This weather is just not co-operating. This afternoon is an ophthalmologist appointment so the missus is going with me so she can drive me home. After they put that diluting solution in the eyes I have to squint like snow blindness going outside again. Thank goodness it only lasts about 2 hours.

Tomorrow looks like winter, as Marc said. Great - probably snarled traffic as I head out for my first game at mixed doubles curling at the Saville. The one bottle neck on the way there will be Groat Road Bridge. One side is shut down for repairs and this really slows traffic to a crawl through there. Spoda be ongoing for another year. That really sucks.

Today is 9/11. Take a moment to reflect and remember.
Old September 11th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning (almost) Olds Friends:
Lucy and I just got back from our morning walk. We got a late start today. Man this cooler weather really helps. Mike, we walk in an adjoining neighborhood. It is very mature with lots of nice trees and hardly any traffic. Lucy loves it and does very well on a leash. She will spot a squirrel several times and want to chase it. She needed the exercise but not as much as I do.
Marc, don't we both wish we had a 62 BelAire 2 door hardtop with a 409 in it. I remember the one Hayden Proffit drove. I think the nailhead Buick engine was one of the prettiest engines ever. I will tell you the short version of my best Buick story. Back in 1965 the dealership I worked at in Monroe, LA was swapping a couple cars with the dealership in Shreveport which is 100 miles away. Interstate 20 had just opened about a year earlier. The sent me and a porter over to Shreveport in and Opel Kadet wagon. We got there and found out we were bringing back an Opel Kadet sedan and a 65 Riviera Gran Sport. You can guess who drove the Gran Sport back. That thing would eat up some highway. I didn't get over about 85 because I thought I would get caught and go to jail and then lose my job.
Allan, congrats on the son getting a better job. They never quit being our kids and we never quit worrying about them.
Well, we had more rain earlier and it is supposed to rain off and on today. So it is going to be indoor projects today.
Have a good one my friends.
Glenn
Old September 11th, 2018, 11:11 AM

Monroe Lousiana?

Well raise my rent. Home town of Delta Airlines an the duck hunting capital of the world
Old September 11th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Yep, home of Duck Commander. If you are into 4 wheel drive, it is also where Skyjacker Suspension parts are made. A guy name Lonnie McCurry started that company and he and his family still own it. I went to school with Lonnie and nobody would have ever thought he would be what he is today. He was a guy that took welding and auto mechanics is high school and got started fooling with 4 wheel drives when they became popular in the 70;s. He has done very very well. Nice guy.

Last edited by redoldsman; September 11th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.
Old September 11th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well today was the day. It was almost miraculous. The lead came to me and said I didn't have to take that class, and I could start signing off the contract wheels. So my buddy/trainer came over to show me what to do. Man what a pain that is. I liked it better when I didn't have to do them. There's about 10 extra steps to do these, and I was getting behind and time was getting shorter, so my buddy finished them up for me. Otherwise we'd still be there. I'll probably forget it all over night.

Funny we'd mention Monroe and CE Woolman. Mr. Woolman died on this day in 1966. I doubt anyone cares but me, but Delta Air Lines is three words. You'd be surprised at the number of people in the company that don't know that. Like most of them.

Dan I think " 'Cuda " was a package you could buy, otherwise they were all Barracudas.

Allan did you say what the boy's new job is? I looked back but didn't see it. Hope he does well.

So it was raining by the time I got home. Might take Tiger and run a couple errands. It sure did cool off. Glenn I keep saying I'm gonna get a treadmill so I can walk anytime, but I have nowhere to put it.

Okay gonna find something to do. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old September 11th, 2018, 12:58 PM

Mike, I'm jes guessing here, but I would think alot of those ole time 10 million shares of Delta AIR LINES stock got wiped out
Old September 11th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Oh no, not again...

Ended up at the Chiropractor, could barely walk. Being stupidly tall and someone old and overweight has it's disadvantages as far as gravitational pull is concerned. Now things are slightly better, not so much pain and the spasms are subsiding. Good thing I was flying a desk all day and didn't have to go into the plant.
Never got into Mopars, mostly because my first job was at a local garage and all I did that summer was swap out bad motors and trannys out of mid-seventies Mopar crap. I got into Buick largely because I could never afford Chevy, and Oldsmobile because there were no cheap Buicks left. Olds was always a pleasant surprise, I fell in love with the original Rocket motor and taught my then-girlfriend (now-wife) how to rebuild engines on a 64 Dynamic 88. I have a soft spot for Mercedes, I've owned and lost my shorts on a few, and probably wouldn't say no to an early 50s 220.

Mike, you fix wheels on Delta jobs? Must be an interesting job working with or around airplanes. I would have loved it being an aviation buff and a pilot. Just make sure you don't leave "oops" chalked into the tire of some turboprop where the passengers can see it from a window, - wouldn't go over very well...

Glenn, IMHO the Nailhead gets a bad rap due to it's puny valves, but it is the closest thing to a Hemi that GM built. They're pretty good motors, but with those high-dome pistons they hate bad gas, and that's usually what killed them. 62 SS 409, sure, but somehow I'm more partial to the 61 or the 63; - the 62 was nice, but in my view incomplete. Still, I wouldn't say "no" to one...

Allan, Got your touque ready? Yeah, it's going to get ugly...good that your son is moving on to something better; - change is good!

Jamesbo, Hopefully that hurricane misses you; - I've lived through a few in Cuba and the South Pacific, and this one coming into the US right now is scary, it's packing a lot of power. Good luck and hang on!

Well, early night for me; - along with a heating pad...back pain sucks. Good night all!
Old September 11th, 2018, 05:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy y'all

Yep Dan I liked the Oldses in the pics along with the big bad green AMX I've got a friend that has a '70 340 'cuda that color and a Vitamin C Orange AAR. That AAR is worth big dough now.

Whelp on the bright side Northern Tool has snowmobile dollies on sale. Don't recon i need those down here. Although my boss did build one for discovery channel for a possible show. Pretty neat too, he made it out of an old Texaco pump. I'll have to snap a pic next time I think about it.

Catch ya next go round
Old September 11th, 2018, 08:42 PM

The black '70 W31 was purchased by the owner when he was 19, he was an instructor at Muskegon Community College before I attended there in the late 70's. He had a Faculty sticker on the car, and that's how I struck up a conversation with him. he is a few years older than me, probably late 60's-70ish.
Old September 12th, 2018, 03:08 AM

Mawn'in

No rain yet but it's spose ta be on the way

Allan's son and Mike are getting better jobs, When does my turn come

My (^%&)*()_*)&) e-mail has a problem. I'm still getting new messages on my phone but my puter won;t show anything since 9/2

I wonder if this thing will bounce when I throw it out the window

Old September 12th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning eveyone,

Not purty here today. It's raining and temps are down around 40° or so. Spoda be Les Miserable all day and later tonight Les Uglee when it starts to snow So much for global warming.

The ophthalmologist says my right eye has progressing cataracts which is causing my vision to be less than perfect. He said that surgery is an option, but not just yet; maybe in a couple years or so. He said that it's too aggressive an option right now. On the plus side of the surgery though, it means I wouldn't have to wear glasses except to read, and that script would be likely only for single vision lenses which are cheap like borscht compared to the Progressive bifocals I wear now.

Heading out shortly to play my first game of mixed doubles at the Saville. Should be interesting as one of the rules for us old pharts is no sweeping between hog lines. Works for me since I use a crutch coming out of the hack. Mebbe this year I'll have to switch over to the broom. I used to use it all the time until I found this crutch system works a whole lot better for me.

Jim - good luck with yer (^%&)*()_*)&) e-mail. Your turn comes for the better job when you sell Milton Fields.

Marc - I hope your back is feeling better. Been there done that. Not fun at all.

Dan - How rare is it to find an owner who stuck with his purchase all these years? Cool story.

Glenn - Keep up the good work on walks with Lucy.

Mike - The new job is overlapping right now with Casa Depot. He works 5 days with stupid shifts at CD, but when his day starts there at around 4:00 pm he works the new job from 8-3, so he's typically working around 11 hours a day now. It's a high end place called Garage Frontiers. Some of the places they work on are in the range of a million bucks or more. Here's a link if you want to take a look Garage Frontiers
Old September 12th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yowsa yowsa yowsa,

What a crappy commute. Marc will understand more than most of you. Groat Road southbound is a total Cluster F***. I spent the better part of 20 minutes going less than 1/2 mile. I've found a way to bypass that sit sheey a shun now. I'll be trying it out next Tuesday on my next sojourn to the Saville. Today took the better part of 75 minutes to do a 35 minute commute. To make things interesting, the temps continued to fall and the drizzle turned to sleet. On the way home I ran into some outright snow. According to my cars outside thermometer it's currently 32° here so I took some old blankets and covered up some of the plants I want to survive.

The doubles match is interesting but takes a lot of getting used to. For the most part it's really a guessing game with where to aim and since there's no sweeping before the hog line, weight control is really important.

Hahahahaha, I already have winter tires on my car. Bring it Ma Nature - I'm not afraid of you.
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Today was the busiest I've been. Signing the contract wheels, signing off probably 30 or 35 Delta wheels, and I finished up around 1. Actually signed off a couple extras to help out the slacker that sits at the next desk. I didn't care. Tomorrow we're all starting at 4 and working until 12. Apparently the president is flying in and they're trying to ease up the traffic. Or so they say. Maybe they don't was us around to protest or rally when he comes down the stairs. His fleet must be coming in tonight.

Geez Allan no wonder you think this is a good move for him. He could bring home some leftovers.

Jamesbo if you want to come work with me, I'll take a minute and teach you everything I know.

Marc I've been at Delta for 24 years. Started out throwing bags, went to overhaul, then line, then cabin maintenance, now I'm in the wheel shop. This has got to be the easiest gig so far, but my favorite job was on the ramp throwing bags. I've always heard the component shops were pretty much like retirement, I think that's right on. I do end up doing more than I'm supposed to, which can get pretty physical, and that's why I come home all tired out.

I had a Mercedes once. It was a honey. 1981 300TD. My plan was to make it run on waste oil, but I had no supply for it. So I'd smuggle home a couple gallons of jet fuel a week. Man that thing ran great on jet fuel. That car was a thorn in my side the whole time I owned it. Sold it for exactly 10% of what I had in it.

Well got a couple errands to run then it's off to bed extra early. Nice and hot out with no rain. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old September 12th, 2018, 12:34 PM

Whilest waiting for my puter geek to wake up in Montana [long story] I said, "phuque it" and went and played 18 cause it gonna be raining Monday.Allan 43/42 [played a little shorter course today]

Mike, I think I've told you before, All desire to do manual labor was bred out of my family generations ago
Old September 12th, 2018, 03:33 PM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

Anyone for fishing?
Old September 12th, 2018, 10:38 PM

Someone has been watching Sharknado 5 or 6 or what the hell number they're up to now, on SYFY. Gonna head over to Purestock on Saturday to watch them flog perfectly good musclecars. Temps will be in the 80's, Allan. I don't need no stinking 32° here! Ordered a Pioneer A/V receiver, should be here next week. Nothing fancy.
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Seems traffic is rapidly getting worse everywhere.

Dan, I've watched some of those races. and the times some of those cars are running, I have to ask, how stock is purestock?

Spent the last coupla days working on a Land rover. I don't know why I do that crap to myself. I know better. But at least I remember now why the brits Haven't conquered the world.

Ruby Has cellulitis again. We probably gonna be putting her down soon. Poor old broad.

Have a day.
Old September 13th, 2018, 05:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

It's lunch time. At 0830. We did indeed start work at 4 this morning, and then found out the vice president cancelled. I thought it was the Donald gonna be here. What I read was that Pence was coming here to see all the new engine facilities, then continuing on to areas around the hurricane. They said he cancelled because of the hurricane. Eh, only the elite were going to be invited to here him speak. The hell with them all.

Clint I get cellulitis a couple times a year. But I'm not telling you when.

Are the sharks similar to the scuba divers that get sucked up into the forest fire planes? We may be finding sharks in Augusta.

Started raining right when I was leaving this morning. I was on the porch waiting for Tiger and I heard the rain, it was raining on the lake but not in the yard. Finally it moved over the house and I had rain all the way to the airport, but not at the airport. No idea what it's doing now, we don't have any windows.

Okay gonna go find a snack and relax a minute. Should be a good day, we have a reduced number and I'm already close to my part. I may stop at the Awful house on the way home.

See ya's all later have a good morning.