The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Yep..... ya'all are up early out there!! It's 48 cold degrees here, but sunny. High of 61 today. Cool weekend coming up, but sunny and dry.

It sure got cold at Bellacino's last evening when the sun started setting. I had Teepo's heater going on the way home. It was a nice cruise. Not as many cars as usual though. I won 2 door prizes..... A free oil change and tire rotation at Don Sitts, and a $10 Summit Racing gift card. I gave the oil change to my friend Ron cause it's just too far for me to go and he doesn't have a late night. I'm not leaving work early to get oil changed. I go to Defer.

The friggin deer were everywhere over there! There were 7 of them that came out from the woods behind Bellacino's parking lot as we were doing the door prizes and 50/50. 4 in a yard in Hudson, 2 on Fishcreek Rd. Those things scare me when I'm out in Teepo!!

Thanks for the gas pipe and such advice Jamesbo and Scot!! Unfortunately Jamesbo, I can't say anything to Larry about fittings or whatever. I learned the hard way, a long time ago not to say a damned word about anything he does!!! I get the sarcastic "What do you think I am..... Stupid????" thing and it's not a pleasant experience!! Him and his son know everything, and they're never wrong!!!!! So if you never hear from me again after it's time to turn on the heat, you'll know what happened!!! He's pretty smart about things, so I'm sure he's doing it right.

He was in the attic when I got home last night, so I had to leave Teepo out in the cold awhile. I climbed up in the attic to see what he's been doing. It looks funny to see gas pipe running along the roof! Well actually from hangers on the roof truss thingys. He's clear back by the furnace now, so almost done. I saw a couple bird nests along the eaves I gotta clean out from up there.

I'd love to have the furnace and AC unit inspected. I say that every year. Larry says "well they were new and inspected when I bought the house." Well yeah..... but that was in 1999!!!! Things change! So that's on my eventually list...... guess if the place explodes, that's what we have insurance for, lol.

Got 2 shows lined up this weekend. Have to get up early tomorrow and clean Teepo some. It's gonna be in the 60's tomorrow. Sunday there are 2 shows I'm tossing around right now. Darn it!!

Well you all have a great Friday!!!!
Old September 17th, 2011, 03:17 AM

Good evening all, weather was hot today and it is only going to get worse

Hope you can get your gas conversion done before winter hits Sandy so you can save a dollar, I remember roughly what you said it cost last time you filled your propane tank

I couldn't help you out with your employee problems then Jamesbo, I am not very good at customer relations I kind of tell them what has to be said even if it isn't the thing they want to hear

Good luck with your classes next week Scot, you will fly through the test I'm sure.

I went to the drag races today for the first time ever, they are only 30 min drive from my place but I have never been Not too bad but they had to get more American cars in the field, although the ones there were doing good No Oldsmobiles though

Have a good day/night ya'll

Adrian

Last edited by Ausraven; September 17th, 2011 at 03:36 AM.
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:09 AM

Mawn'n all

Cool up ere in de mountains.

De mast crop in de Smokey's must be pitiful. We're covered up wit bears look'in fer sum 'em to eat. My buds up ere are turn'in de tables [to protect their crops] and eat'in dem. Sum one brought me sum bear stew las nite. Pretty yummy, but I'm 'bout to founder on bear meat after 2 weeks.

Adrian, I've said dis before but I haven't been to a drag race since I saw 11 people killed at Yellow river in 1969. A spectator got caught in a chut and that's all she wrote.

Ya'll have a wonderful weekend
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:33 AM
CQR

Good morning all.

Bear stew. Hmmm. Sounds tasty. Maybe we'll name our steer 'Bear' Then we could have bear steak, bear ribs, bear roast and bearburger.

1969? Did they have drag racing back then? j/k
I received a scholarship for drag racing. Got me where I am today. Haven't been to the track in ages tho. Which is a shame. I drive past it at least twice a day. The Legendary Bandimere speedway Home of the Mile Hi Nationals.

Adrian, I sure would like to see some of the older Oz muscle at the track. I've always wanted a RH drive Falcon XB or XC. Or even a Holden. An acquaintance of mine imported a couple of Interceptor replica's and is trying to sell them as actual movie cars.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend.
Old September 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your experience at the track Jamesbo, I wouldn't go back either.

Here is a Falcon that was there Clint. There was heaps of Aus muscle cars, most were just chev powered lol.

I'm off to work so have a good day ya'll.

Adrian
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM

It's been a week and a half since I last posted. That was the same time that the fall semester classes started

Scot, good to hear things are going well.

Jamesbo, want to hire a canuck?

Good luck with the conversion Sandy.

Adrian, I would also be interested in seeing some of the cars running down there.

Other than school, the Cutlass is moving along well. The latest progress is that the shell, fenders and doors are painted and probably buffed by now. I am getting excited now, even though when it is done, I have to work on putting trim and bumpers back on as well as putting the interior back in.
Old September 18th, 2011, 05:09 AM
CQR

Good Early Sunday morning Olds lovers.
Sitting here banging away on the keys until the missus gets back from pickin poo. Rebuilt the lower taillight sockets on the 67. Put a lock cylinder in the passenger door and removed a pretty big yellow jacket nest from the inside of that door too. looked like it may have been there a year or two, so luckily no resident to evict. May have to take it to breakfast when she gets home. Gonna make some breakfast burritos this afternoon for our breakfasts on the run this week.

Adrian, thanks for the pic. Looks like a good time. Nothing like the smell of burning rubber and high octane petrol! I'm with C_D Love to see more if you have them.

I wonder if Sandy is going 2fer2 in the trophy dept. this weekend.

C_D How old are you? How much more school do you have? Sorry if thats been answered before, Just trying to get a mental picture.

Just saw a 67 442 vert sold on Mecum for $32K. wow. What are they thinking? I love 'em but there is a limit...

Hope everyone has a safe Sunday. Enjoy it.
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda cool dis mawn'in. Had sum cornbeef has with poached eggs fer breakfast. Yummy

I'm fraid to say it, but I ain't got nutt'in to say dis mawn'in. Me and my golden retreiver Red are jes hang'in out not do'in much.

We did watch a Scully and Mulder marathon de utter day. Scully is pretty HOT IMHO. I aways liked dat show de X files. Guess dat's why de took it off and put on sum 'Real" Tv like Danc'in with the stars or sum'em.

I always thougt Ed Sullivan was real tv and I'll guaranttee ya J.Fred Muggs was really real tv.
Old September 18th, 2011, 12:09 PM

Good morning all

Cool and raining here. Went for a long cruise yesterday to eastern side of the state. Four cars started out my 57, a 55 Pontiac,55 chev and a 59 Olds. Had to leave the 59 in a parking lot in North Bend with a dead generator. Headed over the pass to a small town called Ellensburg. Had a great lunch at a 50's style restaurant that used to be a old motel and gas station. Then we went to a benefit car show for a young man (Brenden Adams) who received a donated car. Brenden is the worlds tallest teen with lots of medical problems (see attached link). a number of car clubs, car part places, body shops and mechanics pulled together to build a Trans am that he would fit into and we all got together for his 16th birthday and had a car show at his home. Just blows your mind what car people can do.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...-4kKzw&cad=rja

http://www.nwcam.com/CruiseNews.html...0&returnstep=1
Old September 18th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Missed you all this weekend, lol! Busy with shows. Yep, was trying to go for 2 for 2, but no luck yesterday. 2 Oldsmobiles did win though. It was a nice show at Broadview Hts., chilly and cloudy most of the day though. The sun finally came out and stayed out around 5:30 or so. But I was home by then, lol.

I did win a nice basket in the raffle. It's a mexican basket, which means filled with 2 bags of tortilla chips, 2 jars of salsa, 2 margarita glasses, a bottle of mix, and a container of salt, and $30 gift cards for a mexican restaurant. Not bad!!

They had a burnout contest too... I didn't participate, lol! Never saw one before - lots of stinky smoke, shredded tires, antifreeze and one blown radiator! I took pics, mostly smoke, lol!

I have to get my pics downloaded. I'm working on doing it now.

We had a gorgeous day today after a chilly morning. Sun and around 70. Went to Ravenna to the Balloon Affair show. Took Lin with me. We didn't stick around to watch the hot air balloons take off, though. Nice show - we got a hot air balloon shaped plaque! Pretty cool!

Ken, one of the judges, told me that I was up against a Thunderbird for "best 'stock' car", only 2 things kept me from getting it. My friggin rims, where they're rusty around the edges.... and the lip or edge around the trunk where the paint has been knocked off through the years by people putting things in and out of the trunk. So I told him I have another set of rims that will be on her next spring, and that trunk edge is on my list for the spring also. I'm happy just to have placed, considering all the nice cars there. Besides.... they know me and like me, lol! Never hurts!! My friends Doug and Pam with the beautiful 57 Chebby didn't get anything. I was surprised.

So I didn't get a damned thing done in the house this weekend, lol. I felt guilty for a minute or two. Then I got over it! The dirt isn't going anywhere. That's what winter is for. I did start getting out some of my fall decorations last evening.

Larry got the pipe all in for the gas, ran a length down to the hot water tank, cut the drywall in a section out in the garage and ran it down the wall and drilled a hole out through the brick to the outside where the gas co. will hook it up and put in the meter. Then he pressure checked it today. It's holding pressure like it should!

So now we have to fax the paperwork to the gas co. and they will start digging from the street within 10 days - supposedly - and then bring the meter and hook it up. I sure hope it doesn't get too cold too quickly! We have less than 5% propane in the tank and don't want to have to buy any!

Well they're saying we're supposed to get some rain tonight and tomorrow. I might go to the Riverfront in the tin can to see if that guy has my plaque done yet that I bought last week. I don't know.

Well I reckon I'll get off here and get things ready for work tomorrow. Ttyl!!
Old September 19th, 2011, 04:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautfiul day wit a cool mawn'in and warm afternoon.

Welp, It's Monday so ya know what I'm a gonna do.

Sandy, Runn'in gas lines is hard werk so I sent Larry sum Tequila to finish up and complete de basket. It's de kind wit the worm in de bottle so so ya know he'll get plent of protien wit de salsa.

Pat,

Glad cha had a good time and that sum folks are do'in sum thing worth while. But One of de links took me to sum Toyota **** site

I'm sure you can appreciate dis [be'in an old phart] I have come to the conclusion, I have no earthly idea what sum of these young kids are talk'in 'bout. But if ya Google up "Urban Dictionary and/or Computer acronyms." It will translate for ya.

Ya'll have a wonderful day
Old September 19th, 2011, 05:54 AM
CQR

Gotta be careful with the Urban Dictionary. Some of the definitions are a little risque'.

Well, got to the shop early to get my sales tax all paid on line and find out the site is down for maintenance??? WTH? Couldn't they do that the day after its due? Gotta love the gubmint.

Have a great day everyone.
Old September 19th, 2011, 06:22 AM

Good morning all.

Today is going to be a nice day here, up to 70 this afternoon.

This weekend was the last weekend for cars shows. Saturday there were 4 different shows within an hour drive from Ottawa. Trying to pick which one to go to was a bit of a challenge. Yesterday, was the last of a monthly cruise right in Ottawa. Lots of door prizes and some big ones as well like a set of tires, a trip to the Detroit Autorama and others. This Tuesday is the last cruise night of the season, then car show season in the Ottawa Valley is finished.

CQR, I'm in my mid 20's, and going to university. This is my last semester.

Nothing exciting today for me, just plan on working on a lab report.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old September 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's rainy and 57 degrees here today. Supposed to be pretty yucky all day. No Riverfront tonight I'm sure. And there are only 3 cruise in's left over there....

Steve is off today so it's nice in here! Except Brian is still whining about being behind from when he was off week before last. If he'd do more working and less talking, I'm sure something would get done, lol. He had to make a McDonalds run this morning, so he's gone now. There goes 20 minutes of his day!! Talk about lack of time management....

I'm downloading pics from the Broadview Hts. show now, so I will be posting them soon.

Sure would be nice to hear from Don.... and Wolfie. Wonder what's going on??

Jamesbo..... thanks, but you can keep the "ta-kill-ya", lol. We don't need to be drinkin any margaritas, lol. If he gets a taste of alcohol again, it will be a sad thing.

He had to see his doctor last Friday for the yearly thing, and his cholesterol is up to 240!!!! Waaaaay too high! The doc told him to get it down, or he's gonna put him on medication. In May, it was only 127. The doc said "What happened?" Larry told him it's his summer diet, lol. Too many steaks on the grill and ice cream!!! And he stops walking on the treadmill in the summer because it's too hot out in the garage where he has the treadmill. Doc told him to make some lifestyle changes!! So he was in a pissy mood Friday night. But that's not unusual anyhow.

Well you all have a good day. The rain is letting up out here so maybe it won't be an all day soaker!!
Old September 19th, 2011, 07:49 AM

Morning all

Another Monday under way, Sunny and warm all this week if you believe the weatherman. I don't have to travel for a while which is great. I can get something done around hear for a change.

Have a great day all

PS

Sandy have you put that trophy room addition on the garage yet? Must be running out of room in the house
Old September 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol! You're funny, Citcapp! I'm looking for a bigger cabinet. I have awards sitting in the spare room and on top of my cabinet in the living room cause it's full, lol. Larry tells me to put them out in the garage, but I'm not a gonna do it!! They'll get wrecked out there in the heat and cold. I need "temperature controlled", lol!
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:44 AM
CQR

Tuesday Morning! Not awake enough to know if its happy yet. Gonna be another long one. May get into the 60's for a high today. The lawn is really starting to green up again. may have to mow it again before the s word happens.

Everyone stay safe.
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Drizzl'in a little dis mawn'in. Boy we need all de drops we can get

WTH is Scott, I mean like how long does it take to train sumone to put de mail in de wrong box.

Sandy,

Sorry, De tequilla is already on de way.

If Larry would eat a BIG bowl of oatmeal every day his cholesterol would go down. He should also take 3 baby aspirin and sum Omega 3 every day. [Unless of course he's got tons of life isnsurance and ya wanta put him down]

Why don't cha get an "Etagere" or a "Vitrine" fer all dem trophies [ See what hav'in an Inferior decorator as a Ex wife does fer your vocabuulary]

How 'bout a little Inferior decorator humor dis mawn'in.

Do you know what the difference is between a "Sofa' and a "couch"

'bout $1,600

Pat, I played like a goat yesterday. I mean I had to put a clothes pin on my nose, I stunk so bad.

By de bye, 1960w3155, WTF is a w3155?????

Adrain, If I had a house 'dwon under' and one "up over" It could be summer 24/7 365. Dat's sound pretty good to me. I'm gonna give it sum thought. Do you think your daughter would rent me out her house in de summer?

Speak'in 'bout down under. WTH happened to Col's Daughter join'in CO. Did anyone see her post anywar?
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Everyone sleeping in??

It's a dank dreary November looking morning out here. Gray and rainy. In the 60's though. Of course another cold front is heading towards us, so we'll be cooling off to the low 60's and 50's for temps later this week. Chances of rain showing up for the weekend - I have 2 shows lined up........ not that many left. So hopefully the forecast will change!

Did some house cleaning last night, lol!! Then some of my new shows were back on TV finally. The "new" Two and a Half Men wasn't too bad. It will take some getting used to that Charlie is not there anymore, lol!

Gonna be a long day in here again. Steve is back....

So.... here is my new dilema... Always something, I swear. Linda is losing teeth out of her dentures. Isn't that exciting, lol?? One out of the top fell out a couple weeks ago, and one right in the front on the bottom set came out 4 days ago.

She has no money to get them fixed - so far got one price of $240.00. She called her worthless kids and of course got nowhere. They have no money. She could borrow on the cash value of her life insurance, but would have to pay it back, and she has no extra money. Medicare doesn't help with dentures at all, and she can't get Medicaid, and I don't know that they would cover it anyhow.

So, guess who has to spend time trying to find a place that may help out some in getting them fixed? I'm going to call the place in Kansas that made the teeth..... she had this set made right before she came out here in 2010!! They should not be falling apart already. Her first set lasted 30 some years!! She got no guarantee on them, though they did offer her one at the time, she said. So we'll see what they say. I'm also going to leave a bad review on this places web site!!! It's called Konza Prairie, and I guess it's a place for low income people or something. She took a cash advance on her Discover card to pay for the damned things, and she'll never get the card paid off. The interest rate on that cash advance is killing!!!!!! She just keeps paying on it each month. So those people are gonna hear it from me!!!

That's my new excitement for the day! You all have a good one!
Old September 20th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo you make me laugh!!!! Thanks, I need it! I may need the friggin Tequila too once it gets here, lol! I haven't had alcohol since I started taking this beta blocker.

I call my sofa a couch, lol. And I'm a looking for a trophy 'cabinet' or 'display case!

I told Larry he should take fish oil. I stopped taking it, so I have some in the cabinet.

I never have seen a post by Jesse yet, so I don't know if she ever posted or not. Maybe I'll send her a PM.
Old September 20th, 2011, 08:39 AM

Sandy,

Super Glue is your answer
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Jamsbo,

I play golf this Thursday, I'll see if I can play worse then you.

X2 on the super glue Sandy
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
X2 on the super glue Sandy
There ya have a comfimation from the "Experts" Sandy
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Believe me, Super glue was my first thought, lol. I just don't want to mess them up in case it doesn't hold or something. There's still some adhesive or something around the sockets where the teeth came out. I imagine that would need cleaned up or something, some how. I called that place in Kansas that made them and told them what I thought of their quality!! I called Aspen Dental and made an appointment there for Lin. The lady said they start at $29 and up, and no cost for the visit.
Old September 20th, 2011, 11:49 AM

Pat,

Sandy reminds me of my wife. She ax a question, Ya give her the correct answer, She does what she wants to.
Old September 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up, Jamesbo!!!!!
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Morning Peoples!

Training to be a clerk is a complex bunch of acronyms that seem to jumble all together into a calico breed of sorts. Two and a half more days of training and then a big test on Friday afternoon to see if I am still employed by the gubment. No pass no job. Should be simple enough for me, but I can see some of the baker's dozen that are in the class not "getting it"

Anyhoo Jamesbo I believe you'll have to claim the tequiler as a hazardous material that cannot be shipped by air. But I'll shoot ya my address if you want to send any Crown Royal this way, since I don't drink da cactus juice with or without da werm.

Everyone have a great afternoon and I'll check in tomorrow afternoon.

Scot
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Pat,

Sandy reminds me of my wife. She ax a question, Ya give her the correct answer, She does what she wants to.

I thought you knew, when women ask a question its more of a statement they really don't want an answer as they have already made up there mind. They just want confirmation that they are correct. That's why I always answer uh huh, uh huh and shrug my shoulders.
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=GAOldsman;323800]Good Afternoon Morning Peoples!

Training to be a clerk is a complex bunch of acronyms that seem to jumble all together into a calico breed of sorts. Two and a half more days of training and then a big test on Friday afternoon to see if I am still employed by the gubment. No pass no job.

Scot,

You can do this with your eyes closed. I have some of the crown Royal black. I will toast to your success tonight, tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. Just doing my part to support you.
Old September 20th, 2011, 04:40 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Tanks Pat you are Da Man Cheers

Bye da bye I like mine on the rocks with a slash o' H2O
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:28 PM
CQR

Well, the fruit of my loins, the giving person she is, so thoughtfully shared her cold bug with me. Dang thing moved in quick, 11:00 a.m. I felt a tickle in the throat, and now at 6:20 my head hurts I'm a little cross-eyed and I feel the chill from a fever coming on.

Oh well, I guess its payback. I fostered (first time) a dog last the weekend before last (from the rescue we have gotten dogs from) and only had her 3 days before an old friend of mine adopted her. Anywho, the friend called me 2 days after picking her up and said she had kennel cough. So today the Jerk Russell comes down with the nasty dry hacking. Off to go get Antibiotics. . Oh, well. saved the foster dog at least. Not gonna do that again, not until we are dog free.

Scot, good to hear its going well.

And if you've never tried Cabo Wabo Tequila, you don't know what you're missing.
Old September 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by CQR
Well, the fruit of my loins, the giving person she is, so thoughtfully shared her cold bug with me. Dang thing moved in quick, 11:00 a.m. I felt a tickle in the throat, and now at 6:20 my head hurts I'm a little cross-eyed and I feel the chill from a fever coming on.
I hope you and everyone else around gets to feeling better soon.
Originally Posted by CQR
Oh well, I guess its payback. I fostered (first time) a dog last the weekend before last (from the rescue we have gotten dogs from) and only had her 3 days before an old friend of mine adopted her. Anywho, the friend called me 2 days after picking her up and said she had kennel cough. So today the Jerk Russell comes down with the nasty dry hacking. Off to go get Antibiotics. . Oh, well. saved the foster dog at least. Not gonna do that again, not until we are dog free.
Same get well wishes fer Da Jerk De Ruskle
Originally Posted by CQR
Scot, good to hear its going well.

And if you've never tried Cabo Wabo Tequila, you don't know what you're missing.
Thanks Clint! It's good that it's easy so far, but I believe crunch time is coming. Sammy Hagar Tequila is cool but Tequila no likE me LOL
Old September 21st, 2011, 04:53 AM
CQR

Thanks Scot.

Good morning all. Off to the salt mines. Stopping of at the store for 'daddies little helper' Lets see how well dayquil works . Aargh.
Old September 21st, 2011, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool and drizzl'in. But I'm tankful fer every drop.

Pat,

Ya'll know I've got dix*lia pretty bad. When I first red Scots post, I was gonna send him a Royal Crown [and a moon pie]

Glad I kept read'in Pat's reply cause it gots me straighten more out.

Hav'in a Super model who werks in a fancy smancy resteraunt makes it easy fer me to collect Crown Royal bags to put my tees and ball mark repair tools in.

But more 'bout liquor.

Tequilla don't bother me. I had sum yesterday in a Marqueritta wit my Enchalade.

Now Gin, Dat's anutter matter. I never touch de juniper berries. It makes me rich, horney, invisible and bullet proof all at de same time. Ain't pretty.

Jes de utter nite, I have hav'in dinner wit a friend [whose wife is from England] When we got there he had 4 glasses with bitters, gin, Penn and a cucumber with sum soda. I said "Not thanks" and my wifey got PO and said I was be'in rude.

She ain't never seen me wear'in a lamp shade after consum'in juniper berries.

Scot,

Ya gets to know alot of acronyms if you ever have the pleasure of kill'in Charlie in rice paddies in S. E. Asia.

De tell me, It's very important to know de diiff betwix and RPG and an IUD.

CQR, Hope cha gets to fee'in mo better.

If Sandy ax anutter question today I ain't answer'in.
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:12 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

She ain't never seen me wear'in a lamp shade after consum'in juniper berries.
Is that because you were invisible? Or one of the other symptoms?
Old September 21st, 2011, 06:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

I love you guys, lol! You just make me laugh!!!! Morning All!

It's a nice morning here. A little muggy feeling, sun and clouds. Supposed to get some rain later. Just what we need - more rain!! Wish I could send it South!! They're still showing scattered rain/storms this weekend. Damn........ Show season is just about over. Can't it friggin stay dry just for a little while??? It sure has been a yucky summer around here. I was noticing all the leaves laying in the yard this morning. They're really starting to come down.

I should have went to Solon last night, but I didn't. Sun was out some, but it was awful cloudy too. So I stayed home and mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the bathrooms and mopped the floors, vacuumed real good - ceiling fan in the bedroom must have had an inch of friggin dust on it! Disgusting!!! Of course it's been running since May, lol!! I haven't had the other 2 fans off yet, so I'm sure they're covered in dust also.

Scot.... Glad to hear from ya! I'm happy the training is going well. You'll fly through the test. What kind of acronyms are you learning?

Clint.... Hope ya get to feeling better! And your little dog too, lol! It's nice you fostered that dog and it found a home. I'm gonna volunteer at the animal shelter this winter I hope, and I'd like to work with the cats. My cat isn't gonna like me coming home smelling like other crittles, lol!!

Jamesbo..... I'm sure you do not look good in a lamp shade, lol!!! I have a question..................................

Have a great day all!

Last edited by cutlassgal; September 21st, 2011 at 06:28 AM. Reason: tequila makes her clothes fall off....... :D
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Tequila jello shots from a hot babe at Senior Frogs on a small Caribbean Island. That's all I remember except of course my wife would not talk to me for a coupla days, seems like I made some sort of scene. Now who's gonna believe I would do such a thing. Of course I was young then (mid 50's) I know better now
Old September 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Morning Folk

Well more cramming during class today. I am not too worried about the test. The acronyms I am trying to learn consist of numbers for forms or letters for manuals, career paths (positions) and everything under the sun except for M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E LOL I can't remember all of the forms and manuals abbreviations no way no how, but the good thing is that no one does and the computer screen will usually prompt us in which form is needed where. The reason the guys at the counter (window) are sooooo slow is because everyone is using the same database all over the country at the same time and it is SLOW!! LOL But no worries, I believe I can put two and two together long enough to send Jamesbo's mail to Adrian in no time Just Kiddin'

Well we got some good rain yesterday eve, but none so far today here. It was hot again and it was supposed to rain 80% all day, yeah right....

Well I better get off of here for now before Jamesbo show's us pics of him in his lamp shade outfit Yak at cha later

Scot
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:49 AM
CQR

Good morning!

Starting to feel human again. Had to load up a trailer full of straw last night after work. all the town elders are gunna sqeeze old apples on Saturday. And by elders I mean the old people, not the ones who run the town. They need the bales to sit on. and act as a barrier for the beer garden.?.

Chilly this morning. Right about 40F now, they were calling for a frost, but nothing is white around here. Did get some rain last night, so everything is drippy.

Sandy I'm with you, not liking to see the leaves on the ground, we need to petition someone and see if we can push it back a couple more months.I'll trade Jan & Feb for a couple more May's.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain'in ...........not hard but I'll tke it.

After reading the thread "Forgotten fun of a muscle car" I got to think'in 'bout my high school days.

One thing led to anutter and my train of thought [as usual ]winded up in de same place. I know every high school had/has one. Ole Lewis Gizzard use to write 'bout Kathy Sue Loudermilk. in his high school in Moreland, Ga.

I won't disclose her name but she was [How do I say dis in mixed company] She was most anotomically gifted for a high school girl. Heck she was most anotomically gifted for a full grown woman.

I would say I spent about 95% of the time I shared a class with her. completly mesmorized. Her tight sweaters drove all the guys completely crazy.

Anywho, I saw her a few months back and I'm sorry to say she didn't wear well. Such a disappointment.

Nothing like reminicing with people ya don't know is there.

I gotta get my mind off my personal Kathy Sue Loudermilk and get to werk.

Have a great day