The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old July 8th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
ya know, i scrolled up through the posts to see if i had mis spelled firewood, ya pot licker!
Hahahaha
Old July 9th, 2018, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in

A bit cooler but still dry

Allan, Try'in to lern how to spell like Joel Chandler Harris

Got an early mawn'in funeral, then gonna catch my bud on the course

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Sum rain passed on by dis mawnin. De missus puts my sandals out on de porch an de gets soaked thru and thru. Bein leather, they should be hard tack when de sun comes out.

Jim - Ah members Brer Rabbit frum wen ah wuz a kid. Also liked Helen Bannerman. Late to the course won't do. That'll cost ya 47/45

Clouds are threatening but spoda clear up and be a hot one this afternoon.
Old July 9th, 2018, 09:57 AM

Don't know what I ate yesterday, but way too many visits to the chamber pot. Start phys. therapy tomorrow, hope it helps.
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Worked with the chicken washer today. This is the big cleaning machine the rim halves go through after they've been separated from the tire. I'm certain I'm not the first person to ask, why is it called that? Evidently it was developed for the poultry industry, and Delta found out it would clean the rims pretty well. Not sure what it would do to a chicken.

So this was a not bad day. They seem to slowly be getting better as I move further away from the tire room. I think I'll be doing something with hardware tomorrow.

Gonna go pick up Tiger in a little bit. I'll stay home from the cruise in tonight, I haven't been in a few weeks. If I could take Tiger I would, but it's pretty hot and he'd want to chomp things.

Been nice for several days, rain must be coming but it can take its time. Not too hot, either. This must be the spring that skipped over us.

Okay gonna get Tiger and then relax. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan - Sorry to hear, but WAAAAY too much information..

Hey Mike, I've been meaning to ask. Why do you want a mangled 70-72 cutout bumper?
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:24 PM

met my Monday golf buddy on the back 9 so 0/44
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Always room for one more

This may sound dumb, but I want the right half with the cutout to graft onto a regular bumper and then have one trumpet exhaust on my 4 door. Now that I said it out loud everyone will want to do it and beat me to it.

My perfect 4 door would be the cutout bumper, bucket seats and console, power windows etc. If I had talent I could take a Supreme 4 door and make it a convertible. Now that's just silly talk.

I actually think the 4 door looks a little more proportioned than the coupe. I'm probably the only one. Never was a big fan of the fastback look.

Oh, I took my 10 dozen donuts to work this morning, and I kid you not, everyone said, holy **** why so many? I said, because that's what I was told by the lead. About the 10th person to ask was a lead and I said, I'm beginning to think I'm the butt of somebody's joke. He just said, thanks for bringing them. Heck they were $111, I'm saving the receipt and claiming them on my taxes as a work expense.
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Interesting concept. Very doable I think. Would you end up painting the bumper or having it re-chromed? If I read it right, you only want the lower part where the cutouts are? you're not going to cut the bumper in half and re-weld it together.
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Always room for one more

Well, whatever I can do. Actually, I can't do any of it so whatever I get and whatever my chosen welder can do. Then rechromed.

Oh, painted bumpers. Everything yellow and then the Rallye 350 stripes. I always thought that would look good on a Cutlass wagon. There I go giving away my ideas again.
Old July 9th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hahahaha, first time I ever saw a Rallye 350 I was shocked that someone had painted the car that color and then done the bumpers too. Wish I knew then what I know now.
Old July 9th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Always room for one more

It could be a whole line. I never saw a bright yellow top so the convertible would have to have a black top. That would be stunning.
Old July 9th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

A more door convertible could work. It would be a hellacious (if that's a word) lot of money to make though. I think you'd also have to box the frame to make sure it has the strength that would be lost by the upper metal work. Is that something that you're seriously thinking of doing? It would definitely be a one off conversion for a Cutlass sedan.
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Always room for one more

A couple people have made Corvair 4 door convertibles. They look awesome. Yes you have to strengthen the body or the doors won't open. One guy did a wishbone down the middle, sort of like a VW, and dressed it all out to be a console with 4 bucket seats. The convertible's folding top assembly works just like it should. You know how cool would it be to make a 4 door convertible out of a Cutlass? Hm.

Well it's almost dark so it's off to bed. Took care of a couple emails and talked with my Mother. So now I'm good. Until tomorrow...
Old July 10th, 2018, 05:41 AM

Mawn'in

The Lieutenant Coronal is flying in from Colorado Springs with his boys for their Annual trip to the lake

Headed norte to meet them

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old July 10th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
Worked out in the garage yesterday with the fan going. I will finish up today getting everything sorted and put in place. It has been some time and it has been more work than I anticipated. I will paint it with some enamel and then do the floor later in the year.
Mike and Allan, the thought of a 4 door convertible is interesting. I always thought it would be neat to built a one of none Rallye 350 convertible and a wagon. The wagon would need to be a flattop. I think they would be cool and certainly generate lots of interest at an Olds meet.
Jim, being a newcomer I assume (you know what that does) the Lt. Colonel is your son. Coming from Colorado Springs he must be in the USAF. Have a great time.
Have a great day Olds friends.
Glenn
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:48 AM

Phys. therapy was easy breezy, no major issues, sounds like I just need to get into a routine of stretching. I have three more appts. then an evaluation. Jim, have a good reunion with your son. Well, I just had a senior moment. I threw a store bought pizza into the oven to bake for lunch, with some for later when I get home. The taste may not be to my liking, as I forgot to remove the cardboard!

Last edited by 1969w3155; July 10th, 2018 at 09:51 AM.
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:05 AM

Glenn,

Fort Carson Army Ranger
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

You must be very proud of him and looking forward to the visit with him and the grandsons. Have a good time.
Old July 10th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Today I was in kitting. We built up kits for the wheels, which consisted of hardware, heat shields, and brake keys. I think we did almost a dozen. We were short on brake keys and the guy said, we can't do work if we don't have parts. I said this I'm familiar with.

Glenn I have a 4 door convertible. It's a Lincoln. Pretty big car to be a unibody. It sure rides nice. At one time when I planned on becoming a Corvair parts vendor I was going to take a couple cars and make weird things out of them. Every year I'd do something different. Well, that didn't work out so no weird cars for me.

Jamesbo hope you have a good visit. What airline are they flying? Delta is a bust for me to get out that way, I need an alternative.

Got a couple errands to do this afternoon. Nice out, hot, not humid. I love it. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old July 11th, 2018, 09:55 AM

Where in the wild world of sports is everybody? Dang near 1pm, and I'm it? Allan, say sumthing. Have a good afternoon to those who wander in later.
Old July 11th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi Dan.

Because you're the only one here. We know Jamesbo is at the lake with his son. Glenn is doing projects in his garage. Allan is fussing at the neighbors. Jeez, is there only 5 of us now?

Worked in "squawking" today. Not sure why it's called that. After the wheels are cleaned and rematched, they go to eddy current, then they go to squawking where they are looked over, parts put back on them if need be, and then sent to the pit where they are joined and ready for the robot. I guess I'll see all that later on. Got out a few minutes early so that didn't hurt.

Nice and hot here. I'm gonna go do some work in the back yard. Tiger will go out with me to begin with but he'll get too hot then come back on the porch. So I'll let him in and he'll watch me from the window. His spot is right over the AC vent.

Okay have a good evening, Dan.
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:06 PM

Morning all, overcast with the chance of rain today. Raining on and off for a couple days around home but we were down south visiting Grandad where it was just cold (just the way I like it)

Enjoy your visit with ya son Jim. It's always good seeing family

So Allan how long till the warm weather is gone for another year? Enjoy it while you can

When I was younger I always wanted to get a VL Calais wagon and turn it into a panel van with no back doors and front folding seats to access the back seats and a massive turbo as they are released with a straight 6 turbo. Always fun to think of different ways one can modify a car if the budget isn't a question

Time for me to start sorting out the garage, not looking forward to it but it's one of those must do jobs.

Take care everybody,
Adrian
Old July 11th, 2018, 03:08 PM

Here is a pic of the wagon I'm talking about.
Old July 11th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well Happy Humpday to y'all,

I've been pre-occupied with some personal items and also still fighting with the insurance to get the A+ report corrected on my son's license. This has been going on for almost 2 months now. I thought it had been fixed but a phone call to my current insurer to see why they haven't forwarded us a new premium for him shows the problem hasn't been fixed. This all goes back to 2014 when he was still a learner and driving with me to visit his GF. We were on a rural highway into town and a dirtball with an unsecured load lost the top part of it onto our car. It caused almost $6K in damage and after bouncing off us, it scraped the following vehicle.

This was a comprehensive claim for both us and the other party, but somehow the A+ report that was entered against my sons license shows him to be 100% at fault. Totally wrong, as evidenced by the police report and the witness statements.

At first I thought it was a slam dunk to fix. Noooooo, it's insurance so guess what? Yup, let's play musical insurance handoffs. My current company can't fix it because they didn't enter the info. After a LOT of phone calls and emails I found out that the other 3rd party's insurance company that was covering their trucks comp claim entered the A+ report stating the wrong driver information. So in a nutshell, my son is being blacklisted with higher premiums through no fault of his own. I called CGI, who maintains the database of A+ info and they told me exactly how to proceed with the Ins companies. Turns out my old insurance company handled things exactly right, but the insurance company (Economical) totally messed up and put the black ball on my son. What's really strange is I talked with one of their insurance underwriters back on May 29 and he confirmed they have no right of recovery, and that our vehicle was incorrectly listed as the cause of the claim. BTW, they also never paid out on their insured's claim to boot!

I've left phone and email messages with their underwriter with detailed info. One of the items I included was their underwriters assessment that we were not at fault and my son did not cause the damage. So now the waiting continues. I'm really getting quite upset that a simple matter is so difficult to fix. It's like everyone seems to be ignorant or just likes passing the buck.

Dan - Sorry bud. On top of all that Ins stupidity I also got caught up in the FIFA World Cup. I enjoyed the game with France, but today's match with Croatia/England wasn't that good. Croatia deserved to win. England looked strong in the first half, but fell back badly and was seriously outplayed in the 2nd half. So now it comes down to the finals, BEL vs England for Bronze medal, then the big game - Croatia vs France. Meh....I'll see if it peaks my interest. I imagine London is prolly a bit disappointed with England's performance today. I also spend a fair bit of time out looking after the yard and my flower garden. It's looking so pretty right now. The smaller veggie garden is also growing gangbusters!

Mike - No sir, I wasn't fussing with my neighbors. They aren't worth wasting any time or interest on. So long as they mind their own business and keep their crap outta my yard I'm fine. Any noise they make that's abnormally loud or offensive I'll just let Bylaw look after. I've given them enough warnings. The neighbor on the other side also has issues with them so it's not just me. Yeah, we've been missing London, Clint, Jouni, Darrell, Greg, and a few others. Wonder what they're up to? Some just post once and are gone. Oh well.

Adrian - You lucky devil!! Rain and cold at the same time??? I'm coming over. Hopefully your Granddad was doing ok, so that's what your road trip was all about . Do you think he'll ever come around to moving to an assisted living place? I know there are folks who check in on him periodically. That VL Calais wagon is getting on, must be close to 30 years old now so you might get a good deal on it. Jouni (another NGMT member) just bought a Ford wagon and did what you're planning. He had to modify it and get it certified, prolly same as in Oz?? Have fun in the garage with the sorting.

Jim - Hope you and the son/family have a good time in de hills.

Glenn - I think what you need is a flash flood or something to help out with the pond and cool things down. I'm guessing the predominant color down in TX right now is burnt brown grass??? You sir are quite a trooper to still be working in the heat. I'd be ducking for cover so fast I'd be like a silver bullet.

Ok, I guess that's it for now. Film at 11:00
Old July 11th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good afternoon everybody. Seems like most everybody is showing up now. Allan, I do not envy you in dealing with insurance companies. A pain for sure.
Adrian, I can't imagine your weather. It is hot as hell here and dry as a bone. We had a little afternoon shower but nothing this afternoon. All the showers did was raise the humidity.
Mike, I love those 4 door Lincoln convertibles. What classy cars. Of course I remember the Kennedy Lincoln. I saw it in the Henry Ford Museum but it had been rebuilt into a sedan and not recognizable.
I did get some more work done in my garage today. We have lived in this house 20 years and my garage is finally starting to shape up. It is what they called a 2 1/2 car garage meaning there is about 4 feet on each side. This house had just been finished when we bought it or it would have had a 3 car garage. Sometime later this year I will pull shelves back and paint the walls with enamel and put epoxy on the floor. I am pretty satisfied with what I have done last week and this week. I have to take my wife for an MRI in the morning and go for a follow-up doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon so it is what I call an admin day.
Have a good evening guys.
Glenn
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:33 AM

Currently 15 degrees and clear skies. The rain seems to have gone for now.

Got as much as I can get done in the garage for now. I need to invest in one of those tool box chests on wheels for all my hand tools as currently they are all sitting in a large metal toolbox so finding anything is a nightmare.

While cleaning up I started the compressor and pumped up the bike tyres. When we had finished as the girls helped me with the garage Minette and I went for a bike ride around the new neighborhood. Visited some friends half way through for a catch up. Minette loved being able to go for a ride with me, was just too dangerous at the last place unless we rode around the yard which isn't that fun lol.

Grandad is doing much better now. They have sorted out his meds which weren't quite right and he is in high spirits.

Take care everybody,
Adrian
Old July 12th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Tis Thorsday, so headed out in a bit to see da boys.

After the last couple of days I think I'll just chill and do not much of anything. Laughs on me; the BBQ lighter wouldn't work, so I've been using a giant lighter to start it. Whilst checking new stuff on line, which turns out to be more expensive than I want, I found a place that sells replacement igniters. I did a quick DIY about igniters and was shocked, Literally shocked to find out the igniter worked off a AAA battery. I checked mine and sure enough the battery in there (I guess it's 12 years old) was a candidate for Milton Fields. I put in a fresh one and checked the igniter. Poof! Instant flame. That said and done I grilled some nice thick poke chops for dinner last night.

Adrian - Good to hear that Grandad is doing better. There's not much worse than having wrong meds or dosages. Why was riding at the old place too dangerous? I'm guessing the new digs is a whole new world of experiences for Min and Lego.

Glenn - Good for you. Sounds like you bought your place same time as we did. I've already insulated and paneled the garage but I don't think I'll epoxy the floor. I might put down some grit in the middle walkway though because in the winter if we use it coming through the garage, the snow makes the concrete like a skating rink.

Time to fix brekkie.
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Today I greased bolts. Actually it was anti-seize. The guy across from me was getting the tie bolts ready so the wheel halves could be joined. We hit the magic number a little early so we split. Got home about a half hour early. I'll take it.

Beautiful out and hot. I think I'll mow. I don't think I've mowed in weeks. I've said I was going to mow, and then never did. Some of the weeds are taller than Tiger.

Glenn I've never been to the Henry Ford, thus have never seen that car(I've seen pictures). There is a Lincoln convertible in the museum I'm a member of, it was a car that Ford loaned to Kennedy to use while he was in Florida. Nothing special about it otherwise.

Adrian you must have lived on a busy street before. It's nice to have a place where you can be outside and not worry about getting run over by traffic. That Calais wagon is awesome! Never seen one. Do those headlight doors pop open? Sometimes I feel bad about drooling over the General Motors stuff in Australia, because I'm supposed to be there for a MOPAR event. But man is there some cool stuff. Like a Monaro!

The week hasn't been bad, and tomorrow it's Friday, and we'll probably get out more than a little early. What an enormous improvement over the other department. Despite the tire room this has been a good move so far.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Guys:
We are finally getting the much needed rain. We are having a heck of a thunderstorm and it is flooding. No complaints. It has cooled off also. Of course we are supposed to be in the triple digits most of next week.
Adrian, I can't imagine 15 degrees. I wish you were here because I could make you a deal on a roll around tool chest. I have and extra one or two. Sounds like the new neighborhood is going to work well. Glad your granddad is doing better.

Mike, if you ever have the chance to see the Henry Ford Museum by all means do it. It has all vehicle makes in it including Preston Tucker's personal car. It also has other industrial equipment including locomotives. It has something like 6 former presidential limos in it. Sounds like the new job is going to work out.

Allan, how did the pork chops turn out. I love to grill some thick boneless pork chops. If you got 12 years out of your batteries you did very well. Of course they don't have much of a current drain.

Today has been what I refer to as an admin day. I took my wife for an MRI on her sciatic nerve and then went to the doctor for a follow up on the deal I had on my gum. It looks like the antibiotics did the job since it is almost healed. That is about it guys. I am going to go watch the rain now.

Glenn
Old July 12th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - The poke chops turned out very well. The batteries? They didn't last 12 years. I've been manually lighting that sucker for at least 6-7 years. Now I don't have to. BTW, the 15° Adrian is referring to is °C. 15 is = 59° F. Good to hear you're finally getting some manna from heaven!
Old July 13th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Wow! Early this morning Elsie came and brought her whole herd. They all did the flat rock at the same time. I've never seen a deluge like that here. It was like being in a hurricane. At least there was no hail like last year! Still cloudy now and the days forecast is for scattered rain all day long.

Good thing I gave the lawn a haircut before all this started.

I think it's gonna be a mostly do not much day today.
Old July 13th, 2018, 10:19 AM

Not much going on here. Took today and Monday off for a four day weekend. I have to pick up some brush be gone to knock off some stubborn growth in the back yard. I've got a car show tomorrow about 35 miles south of here in Zeeland, Mi. a small Dutch enclave just East of Holland, Mi. Then afterwards, I'll go to our summer get together at a buds house for brews, food, and a little b.s. Been drier than heck around here, and we in dire need of rain, there is some in the forecast, but it appears that it will be north of here. Got a Vette show at the Gilmore next Sunday. I had previously thrown a hint at my buddy and his son about a month ago, so they're all in. Well, TTFN.
Old July 13th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Home a couple hours early from work. I don't mind a bit. Today I was in the pit. We put the bolts in the wheels and the O ring that seals the two halves, and send them down to the robot. I'll probably work on the robot on Monday. Today was dirty, greasy because we were using the bolts I lubed up yesterday and that $hit gets everywhere. Even though I was wearing an apron I still got dirty, and yesterday and today I took my shirt off to drive home. I didn't want that to get on the seatbelt.

Yesterday afternoon I was out mowing and came across a bee's nest. Don't know where it is, just all of a sudden they were swarming around the mower and one got me on the hand. It hurt a little bit but this morning after I got to work my hand started swelling. Doesn't hurt so much unless I stress it. Little bitty bees, no idea what kind they are, they either have a nest in the ground or in the cinder blocks I have piled up.

Tigermobile goes to my neighbor today to have the AC worked on. It hasn't worked at all this season so it will be a welcome change to have it working. I don't mind driving with the windows down but when I'm on the expressway it's hard to hear the radio.

Got a couple things to do this afternoon and this will be the first night I get to go to bed at the normal time since I started dayshift.

Okay gonna go be productive. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Morning everyone, clear skies again today.
At our last place Allan there were no walkways on the foot paths so any riding had to be done on the side of the road, hence the dangerous part. There was plenty of foot path but riding on grass up and down gets very tiring quick so we just rode around the yard. Now the new place has walkways everywhere and little parks you can take the kids too. There are at least 4 I know of in a ten min walk radius from home.
Mike the headlights do pop open. Just the top half like an eye lid. The interesting part of the Calais is that at that time in history Holden wasn't doing so well here so they paired up with Nissan and put a turbo and non turbo straight 6 Nissan engine in that particular model. The Monaro cars can go for as much as a house now days, especially matching numbers ones.
Getting a good tool chest isn't going to be cheap or easy. If postage and our exchange rate was better I'd probably take you up on that offer Glenn
We use anti seize at work as well Mike. Also we use an alternative called copper coat. Basically the same stuff but has a better temp range as it is copper based where anti seize is aluminum based.
Time To relax for a bit as I'm back to work tonight. Had my 2 day shifts off this week. Take care everybody,
Adrian
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:15 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Didn't stay up till midnight like I like to, I think I went to bed around 10. Was nice to get up at my leisure and not with an alarm. Tiger didn't budge all night.

My hand is still swollen. I took Benadryl and had ice on it all evening, nothing. I guess I'll have to wait for it to work itself out.

Well it's off to Awful house, sans Tiger. I have the black truck and it's hard for him to get in and out of. Really that's just an excuse because I don't want to take him and have some doucebag call the cops again. I'm ashamed that I'm letting some sub-grade human dictate what I do. It's self preservation really. Someone comes up and gives me a hard time again I'd probably get more than a little indignant and land myself in the klink.

So have a good day everyone. I might get something accomplished I'll let you know.
Old July 14th, 2018, 12:10 PM

funniest thing, While I was in the mountains I never got an e-mail from this thread. I got them from other threads just not this one

Mike, Sounds like yellow jackets. Look for a hole in you yard, you can see them coming and going. Sprinkle some Sevin dust near it, They'll get it on their feet and take it in the hive and kill them or go out at night and pour gasoline down te hole

I'm exhausted from hosting and feeding a house full of kids ...........nap time

glad to be home
Old July 14th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

Yesterday was wet and cool in the afternoon. I decided to manually ventilate the balance of the front lawn after that torrential downpour we got on Turdsday. There were spots that were still pretty hard, so the job took a little more time than I expected and was sweating like a hog on a spit by the time I was done. I figured that another dose of fertilizer would be in order to keep the lush green color, and so I did that too. Turn out it was a perfect day to put the fertilizer down as the rain came in about 5:00pm and stayed till around 8:00.

Today is cooler and blustery. I don't expect we'll hit our projected high of 70, but if we do it'll be a miracle. The wind is gusting at times up to 25 mph.

Welcome back from de hills Jim. I'm not sure how the email gremlins werk, but I only get notifications of posts that happen right after my post. Yeah, it's confusing because I keep getting notices on other subscribed threads I've lost interest in so I just delete them or unsubscribe from them. Ask IB or one of the other mods why?? Then ya can educate us too.

Yellowjackets aren't bees. They're a type of wasp aren't they? Nasty lil buggers too. I found one that overwintered in the flower bed this spring when I was tilling the soil. It got smershed.

Mike - here's some info on yellow jacket stings and swelling I dug up off the web
Severe pain or burning at the site lasts 1 to 2 hours. Normal swelling from venom can increase for 48 hours after the sting. The redness can last 3 days. The swelling can last 7 days.
While treating your sting at home, you should:
Wash the sting area with soap and water to remove as much of the venom as possible.
Apply a cold pack to the wound site to reduce swelling and pain.
Keep the wound clean and dry to prevent infection.
Cover with a bandage if desired.
Maybe your swelling will go down just in time to go back to work.

I guess it won't mean much to y'all in de south but I registered my curling team for 2 more leagues this coming season. Still early but I'm looking forward to the fun on the ice.
Old July 14th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Always room for one more

What a relaxing day. I got a few things done that were dragging behind, got the Cutlass worked on a little, hung out with Tiger. I was supposed to run up and see John and Better Half today, but I just wasn't feeling it. After the last two weeks I needed to not be on a schedule. Last Saturday I was away for 22 of 24 hours. That was no break. Gonna go to bed when I want and get up when I want, again. Because Monday is coming up quick.

I always thought yellow jackets were bees. The wasps we had up home were yellow. Some people call them yellow jackets. We have orange wasps down here that look like the yellow ones, but we don't have yellow ones. Hm. The swelling in my hand has gone down quite a bit today. You know at the time I didn't think to pee in mud and put that on it.

Jamesbo hope you had a good time with your family. Do you ever make it out there? I love it out there and at one time wanted to live there, but then I came to my senses and decided to not live where there's snow. Imagine ice skating on your lake up there.

So this afternoon I got all the fuel lines put on the car and started it up. Ran like crap then died. Couldn't get it started again. So I tried my favorite trick of pumping the hell out of it and of course it flooded. For the life of me I couldn't get it to run. It would start, run with load, then die at idle. I called a friend of mine and he said the float might be stuck. You know some Einstein put Teflon tape on the fuel filter line, maybe a bit of that got stuck somewhere. I tapped on the float bowl and wouldn't you know it, the car started right up and idled beautifully. I noticed a couple things that need correcting and I'll do them when I put the AC back together. Like #7 spark plug is loose. Never saw that in an iron head before.

Might watch a little Starsky and Hutch and hit the sack late. What a rip-roaring Saturday night. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Old July 14th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon Guys:
Welcome back Jim. I hope everybody had a good time.
Allan, a high of 70 degrees and you don't expect to hit it. In addition you have rain. We had some really nice rain Thursday afternoon. It was a heck of a thunderstorm. It was 99 today and starting tomorrow is supposed to be triple digits all next week with two days of 104 and one day of 105 actual temperatures. Misery. I worked in the garage today with my big fan going and tolerated it. I just have a few more things to put away and I am done. It is the most organized it has been since we have lived here. I have utilized just about all of my wall space and have five shelving units. When I finish the 57 Chevy that I will start on later this year, I am going to sell off most of my tools and just keep one chest with enough tools to maintain my Olds and the Chevy. It will be one heck of a tool sale.
Mike, glad you got the car going, Over the years I have had a number of them that just needed a good tap on the carb with a crescent wrench. That sting sounds like a nasty thing. I don't see a lot of yellow jackets around here. The most common thing we get are the little yellow wasps that build nests in the shrubs. Maybe they are yellow jackets. The ones I really hate of the red wasps. I believe they are sent by the devil himself. I have a pretty big allergy to them. When my wife and I first started dating in 1965. we had gone down to a beach on the Ouachita River with another couple to swim and have a picnic. We went in my friends Jeep that hardly had any brakes. I went to gather some firewood and go into a nest of red wasps and got stung three times on the head and four times on the back. I wound up in the emergency room that evening.

I hope everybody has had a good day and enjoys tomorrow.

Glenn

Search this Thread