The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old June 22nd, 2018, 09:33 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home this morning right around 7. The trip worked out like I had hoped. It was cool the whole way and the air coming out of the vent was quite cool. Got everything out of the car and hit the sack. Now I have errands to run, one of which is getting air conditioning parts for the dogmobile.

So total work accomplished this week was getting one door painted and the redneck fence out front redone. Someone had planted a couple posts in the ground and then slid a pallet down over them, one on each side of the house. It looked just like a pallet on its side. So I cut some fence board and screwed it right onto the front of the pallets. Looks 1000 times better. Also got a few little things taken care of.

Gonna run around and get caught up this afternoon then I don't know what. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 10:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike, did you get the oil changed in FL?
Old June 22nd, 2018, 12:00 PM

Lookie ere

My new modem makes my puter werk in the hills
Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Lookie ere

My new modem makes my puter werk in the hills
Ta da!!! Tek nol ogy at it's finest.

I went to the boneyard and picked up some things for the Malibu. New stereo c/w CD player (pretty standard offering now), a replacement RS tail light, (2) 11 pin relays and some small trims. Total bill including enviro and tax was only $37. They gave me a discount on everything since I'm a toolbox rewards member.

Too bad someone beat me to the alumium wheels... I wonder if whoever got them knows they only fit 5x110 bolt pattern, not all Chevy's or GM use that.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Always room for one more

I did get the oil changed. I took it to a place in Pensacola where Mom takes her car. They said they had to cut a slot in the buggered drain plug and twist it out with a big screw driver. I already had the new plug so they were good to go then.

Look at you Jamesbo. Now you won't miss out on anything and you won't have to violate your own rule.

Speaking of Mom's car, it does some weird thing where it hesitates and jerks intermittently. Asked a guy at the tire place, who is a mechanic anyway, and he said it sounds like the EGR valve. Well guess what, that car doesn't have an EGR valve. I think if it's going to start acting up it's time for it to go away. Next time I'm there we'll broach the subject.

Got the AC stuff ordered for the dogmobile but it won't be in until Tuesday. It will be nice to get that working again. As for the rest of the day, probably not much.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 03:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike, when was the last time she had the transmission fluid changed? It could also be a defective solenoid in the trans?? I know that the SL and SC series are much easier to access with the TAAT transmission. I've taken them apart many a time to understand the valves and solenoids. If she has the TAAT transmission, an ammeter can check the solenoid to see if it's worn out simply by undoing the plastic top connector and then testing the pins.

Good to hear you got the bolt problem solved. Did you tell them not to put it on with an impact gun?? Good for you getting the AC stuff coming in. I don't know how you put up with the heat and humidity in Hotlanta. I'm glad to hear you had a good visit with your mom and put up a decent looking fence cover.

Glenn - You're being screwed. I have YOM plates and antique plates registered to my Cutlass. It can wear either one for whenever I want to drive it. Usually I put the YOM on the front and the antique one on the back, but for shows I put the YOM on the back and an OEM Oldsmobile showroom plate on the front. I paid something like $30 for the YOM plate registration. Both the YOM and Antique tags are a one time fee and the tags are continuous till I sell it. My missus is also registered on the the car so she can do with it whatever she wants after I'm gone.

Brian - Hahahahaha, ain't that the truth?? I have zactly the same experience when I throw out stuff I swear I'll never have another use for. Oh to have a magical crystal ball that works like a magic green card!!

London - Good job on the weight loss. 3 building projects on the go at one time must be a nightmare for you. There's a cure for that. It sounds liek .....cold beer..... Don't believe me? Ask Jouni Oh, does your new abode sport a sauna?? If it does I'm sure Jouni will want to see it and try it out.

Where oh where are my rain clouds??? Had to turn on the AC as it was getting a tad warmish in the house. The missus really likes it at about 77 or 78°. That's just too much, especially since it's also humid.

Almost time to fire up the BBQ and grill some burgers. Anyone close by is welcome to stop by. Just look for the plume of smoke.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 09:14 PM

Allan, our Y.O.M. rates are close to yours, a one time fee of $35, and no worries of renewal. I had to tape up my registration for my '69 because it's been in my wallet for so long it started to come apart. Weather wise, we are mild for now, with temps in the 70's, but it is supposed to be pushing 90° by the end of next week. My brother and his wife will be headed to Texas in a week for a wedding. It just would be too hot for me.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:55 AM

Mawn'in

Beautiful in the hills

Already baked sum biscuits and fried pies [BTW they're a PITA] for the 1st and last time

Das Boat is ready to roll and the lake is like glass [before the jet skiers wake up]

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got back from the Awful house. It was busy but still relaxing. Heck, I'm not the one working so why do I care. Beautiful morning so Tiger was in his spot on the front seat patiently awaiting his dog burger.

Speaking of that, one afternoon I was in for my supper and this old lady, a known-busy body, comes in and says, is that your dog? I said yup. She said, he's pretty. He wants to go home and get a drink of water. I said, he'll be okay. She sat down and stared out the window at him the whole time I was there.

Jamesbo what's a fried pie? Is it like a meat pie in Australia?

Allan I don't think the trans fluid has ever been changed. In my experience, when the trans starts acting up it's already toast. I don't think it's the trans. Of course, this activity isn't doing it any favors.

So plenty to do today. I'm going to try my best to be focused and get something done. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. Gotta put all the stickers on my license plates for one. Might head to the shop and get into some trouble there. Have a good day everyone.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 06:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Something's gone horribly wrong with my lower back. I can hardly walk. Getting up and sitting down is a real chore. I don't think I'll be doing much today except popping pain pills.

Cool morning here at 66°. No rain last night at all. Weatherman is batting 1000
Old June 23rd, 2018, 07:53 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning:
We are into the throughs of the Texas summer. It was 101 here yesterday and is supposed to be there again today. Anything outside had to be done in the morning. Since I haven't got my tractor running, I used my neighbors to mow down by the lake behind my house and his yesterday morning. I took about and hour and I was pretty warm when i came in and that was before it got hot. I worked on my radiator replacement on the Olds in the garage with my big wall mounted fan and two ceiling fans running. I will finish that project today. I am hoping the aluminum radiator will cool the old gal down.
Allan and Dan, you guys are getting a good deal on the YOM plates. When I put those on my Olds several years ago, I had to take them to the tax office and let them examine them and be sure nobody else had the plate number registered. After that I paid the regular license rate every year and had to have the car inspected. The inspection only cost $7.50 and the guys never even checked the lights or wipers. They just wanted to get a picture to put on facebook. Now i can register them as antique plates for five years for $60. It is not as good as you guys get but i can live with $5.00 a year.
Allan, I hope the back gets better. Has this happened before? That may be something a chiropractor can help with. Man i would welcome a morning of 66 degrees.
Jamesbo, I am guessing you are making fried fruit pies. Mike I can't believe you live in Georgia and have never had one. Peach is probably the most popular. Natchitoches, Louisiana is famous for meat pies. Natchitoches is a quaint little town in north Louisiana and is the oldest city in the Louisiana Purchase. Here is a wiki link about their meat pies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natchitoches_meat_pie
I hope everybody has a good day and that you get better Allan.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 08:47 AM

For some reason I want a pie! Allan, I feel for ya, hope that you can get your back taken care of. I don't look forward to lifting my lawnmower into the Santa Fe, it'll hurt, but I have too. Well off to get my ears lowered, and to stop at a small car show that I spotted while taking a drive by the big lake. Looked like a '56 & '72 Old's there. I'll take my camera.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 10:00 AM

Here ya go Mike, They're usually filled with sugar cooked apple or peaches.

My mother called them lefts and rights, sum people call them hand pies

The Varsity has a machine that makes them by the hundreds ever mawn'in

BTW, When ya go see John, NEVER buy one at a road side stand, they tasted wonderful but come right back up cause they use old grease
Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:34 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo those look like the fruit pies you buy in the store, Hostess or Little Debby or whatever. Glenn I'm not a local so I'm not always versed in these sorts of things. But I'll be sure to check them out because I'm no stranger to pastry.

So I went out to work on the Amphi for a little while, and ended up just standing and staring. For a cheep car they wanted to make lots of, it's pretty intricately built. This comes off to get to that, that comes off to get to this. How they got the wiring harness snaked through parts of the body is a mystery. I think my next step is to get the engine out, that will require days of planning and much hand-wringing.

Allan back problems are the worst. Get one of those inversion tables and hang upside down for awhile. You'll feel great.

Okay break time.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:51 AM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Z8DHzwWqEuLMd861A A few pics from the car show, of about two dozen cars, four were Oldsmobiles.
Old June 24th, 2018, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in

Beautiful day in the hills

Allan, I sure hope it's not a pinched nerve. Take care of yourself

Mike and I are planning a meal downtown at the Varsity [worlds largest drive in] Once Tiger gets a taste of Varsity food, He'll turn up his nose at the Aweful House

I've been eating there since I was a pup. People from Atlanta love it, others, not so much

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Varsity

Old June 24th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful out, and Accuweather says it's 78. Nice breeze, too.

So I go to get the new Cutlass(which isn't so new anymore) to bring over and clean it up for the Summit cruise in tomorrow. I start it up and I smell gas. Great, I thought the carb was leaking. Nope, fuel was coming out of the seam of the fuel pump. That's a fairly straight forward job, but laying in the dirt won't be so much fun.

Dan those are nice pictures. I'd say my favorite is the 75 Delta convertible.

So aside from the fuel pump I'm not sure what I'll do today. Something productive I'm sure. Have a good day everyone.
Old June 24th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Another day from hell with my back. Yesterday I took so many pain pills I could have paved a parking lot with them, but they did give me some relief. Up this mawnin at 03:30 because of the pain. Made it downstairs but had to crawl up the stairs to get back to bed. Not fun. It's not a pinched nerve. it's the lower back muscles just above the pelvis on the left side. I've had this before and it can last anywhere up to a week. In the meantime it means even going for a walk in the morning is out of the question, and getting in/out of the car is not in the picture.

We got no rain last 2 days so the weather forecast is bogus. Of course areas south of me got so much rain they were almost in flood mode. Figures.

Mike - That Cutlass has AC I'll bet. If it wasn't for the compressor it would be a breeze to change that fuel pump from the top. You'll get it done and running no problem. I've never heard of a fuel pump leaking like that though. Is it the original?

Jim - I'd love to try the Varsity. Heck of an expensive meal though unless I get free airfare.

Dan - Thank you for those pictures. I was pleased to see the variety of cars and was really impressed with that Ranchero survivor. I love the simplicity and clean lines of the bygone era. Also love the space in the engine compartment if work needs to be done. Not sure about the blacked out grills on that 72 CS, I guess it's a matter of preference. I agree with Mike the 75 Royale Vert is a really pretty car.

Glenn - It's 58° here, but the humidity is 87%. That makes it feel much warmer. I guess in TX you get the heat but no humidity?

Have a good Sabbath everyone.
Old June 24th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Spent all day yesterday putting the aluminum radiator in the 54. Nobody makes an aluminum radiator for a 54 Olds. I studied radiators. I actually have an aluminum cross flow in the attic that I had modified at some expense to move the right inlet to the center. Then I decided it really looked goofy. So I used a radiator for a 68 Dodge Coronet. It was the correct width and had the inlet slightly off center and the outlet was on the drivers side. Suffice to say it took about three times as long as I expected. Then I go out this morning and see water coming from under the garage door. Hopefully I failed to get the bottom hose tight enough. The test drive comes today. The real test will be with the air on in this weather. I look like I have been in a briar patch.
Allan, I hope this thing with you back doesn't take a week to get better. We usually have about 65% humidity here unlike Houston where it is 60-100% most of the time. That is some miserable weather. So at 58 degrees with 87% humidity it must feel 65-70 degrees. I think it is only going to be in the mid 90's today. It was hot in the garage yesterday. I my big wall fan going and another small fan blowing on my. I am taking it easy today. I may go out and fool with the Olds a little bit today since I have a show I am going to next Saturday.
Enjoy the day guys.
Old June 24th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Always room for one more

Ah taking a break. I don't remember a fuel pump being such a pain in the ****.

The job would indeed be better, at least different, if the car didn't have air conditioning. However without the compressor there the alternator would be there. So I took the bracket off for the compressor, and then the other bracket, and still couldn't get a line wrench onto the fitting for the pump. Some spritzes of lube and an open end later the line came off easily. Getting the line off the filter is a different story. I'll probably end up destroying it and having to make up a new one.

Hasn't been a terrific day. I neglected(or chose) to not say that someone called the law to me this morning while I was at the Awful house. Made an anonymous call that there was a dog suffering in a hot car. Cop comes with full attitude going. I clearly demonstrated that the dog was not in distress but the cop wasn't having any of it. So I just said, thanks for coming out and stood there with my arms folded across my chest and 5 minutes of nonsense later he left. Temp outside was 75 as was the temp inside with the windows 1/3 down. Too bad someone who makes an anonymous call and then splits has more credibility than someone standing right there.

After that found a cat tearing apart a bunch of stuff in the carport and when I chased it I bunged up my leg and now can hardly walk. I know there are cat-lovers here so I'll refrain from saying that cat is going for a swim. I think I'll take Tiger over to the cat's house and let him get into everything.

And now the car. I'll be lucky if I have it back together in a month. Oh how I envy someone with a lift. I also thought it might be a good idea to paint the brackets while they are off. All I've done is make a mess with soapy water and a myriad of degreasers. The pump is off but I have no clue as to what to use on the new gasket.

Oh when I went to get the car this morning I started it up to see the leak again. Nary a drop. Let it warm up, revved it up a little, nothing. Drove home, dry as a bone. I'm thinking that since it sat for awhile the hoses leaked and when it had fuel flowing through them they swelled back up. I decided to change the pump and the lines anyway, because if it did it once it will do it again. Turns out to be a stellar decision.

So that's all the babbling I have. Gonna get the dirt and whatnot out of my face and change my shirt and get back to it. I may make the cruise in, in September.
Old June 24th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Me taking a break too. Sorry to hear all the bad things that happened to you today. I agree that some people should just mind their own business. And that cop should have listened to both sides before going all off on you. I guess they're programmed to be jerks before anything else.

That's weird that it would leak like a sieve on day but not the next. If it was tight and dry I prolly woulda left it, but I understand your logic. Yeah, the brackets can be a pain. I ran into that with my 72 - same situation but no AC. The bracket wasn't hard to get off but that's when I got the bright idea to bead blast the piece instead of just degreasing it. Kind of cool, all the casting numbers came out nice. I just sprayed it with satin clear coat afterwards.

Oh how I wish I could say I had an "X" code car. Well I sorta do now

I left all the casting rough edges exactly as they were molded.

We had a really nice rain here for about 15 minutes. Elsie brought her cow and did a real number. Best thing is that since I watered this morning the ground wasn't like a rock and the water soaked in nicely. Fresh water from heaven makes the plants and grass grow better anyhow.

FWIW, even though I like both cats and dogs, I don't have any use for people who let them roam about like feral animals and trash other peoples property. I've got some neighbors who let their cats roam free and they're always trying to get in my yard and desecrate my garden. I had one a few year back that crapped all over my grass by the shed. I couldn't believe it till I saw it happening. There musta been about 30 kitty bombs there. They all got scooped and deposited in the appropriate neighbors yard. I also told them if their cat did it again I would call bylaw and have it taken away. A few days later they gave the cat to SPCA for someone else to deal with. I think that cat wasn't right in the head.
Old June 24th, 2018, 03:35 PM

Allan, try some aspercreme along with your meds., might help with the pain a bit. I liked the patina of the '58 Ranchero, you just don't see those cars anywhere. He did upgrade the engine with a 351 Windsor stroked to 414 c.i. I talked to him for awhile, he owns a automotive machine shop across town, does a lot of engine builds. The car came from Montana.
Old June 24th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Mike, some days the boogieman wins. It sounds like you had one of those days.
Allan, I am right there with you on the cats and dogs. We have a golden retriever and a corgie/sheltie mix. They live in the house and are both spoiled. They have a good life.
Well after spending all day yesterday installing the aluminum radiator, I took the old gal for a test drive today. That was after I scrubbed the top and cleaned the outside. I drove her across the lake with the AC off and she ran 180 degrees while it was 97 outside. Then I turned around and turn the AC on and she ran 190. I am fine with those numbers. When I stopped at a light it would creep up to about 200 with the AC on and then drop back down. I had to put the original 4 blade fan back on because that was all I had that would fit. I will measure tomorrow and I think I can probably run a 17" six blade fan. It will probably help at the traffic lights a little. This cooling system has been a pain since I put the AC in. I have spend more on the cooling system than I did on the AC.

Last edited by redoldsman; June 25th, 2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old June 25th, 2018, 03:04 AM

Mawn'in

Hot with afternoon showers

Makes for grass growing and have to cut it in the a.m while it still damp fro the rain/dew

Tis Monday so guess what?

Allan, Hope your back is better

Mike, Please don't get me started on cats, The Super model has 3 and they destroy everything then pitch their cookies on the rugs

Old June 25th, 2018, 05:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Cut/paste...more pills. Still

Jim - have fun. 44/45

Anutter hot one predicted. Currently a pleasant 68° so the windows are open till it gets hot.

Have a good one everybody.
Old June 25th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

This is the first morning sans Awful house. I've decided I'm not going back. Twice now people have stuck their noses into my business and I've had it. This may not last long but it's my stand for right now. My body will probably go into withdrawals from the plastic oil that they use.

So yesterday one of my many bright ideas was to put the windows down in the convertible. It's been sitting awhile and I thought airing it out might be a good idea. Well, wasps had built a nest behind the glass in the outside mirror and came flying at me with a vengeance. One got me on the stomach and one got me on the arm. My stomach just itches but my arm, though not swollen, is hard and itches. That's okay. I watched them fly back into their nest and then I wholloped them with spray.

Gonna give it another try to go see the new foreman. I hate driving up to work on my day off. I feel like I should get overtime. I've got a few other places to go as well so I'll plan a route and then hit the road. If time is on my side I'll get the fuel pump finished and take that car to the Summit cruise in tonight.

Jamesbo that video never gets old. Nor does the one with the woman talking about the vacuum cleaner man. Or the penguins.

Glenn I hope you've got the AC problems fixed. I've decided, as I approach middle age, that AC is a necessity. Didn't used to be. Can't always have the top down when it's hot.

Okay time's a wasting. Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
Old June 25th, 2018, 08:46 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Monday Morning:
Mike, I know that feeling about wasp. I am pretty allergic to them and we have plenty of them. I keep a can of spray out on the patio and one in the garage. I love spraying them and watching them fall to the ground and die. I believe the red ones are the worst. When I tore down the boys old fort a couple weeks ago, it had 10 abandoned wasp nest on the bottom of the slide. You are correct on the AC on a convertible. When it is in the 90's or a 100 you can't go with the top down. You just cook. I can remember when I was young, why would anybody air condition a convertible.
Allan, I hope you are improving today.
It is going to be another hot one today (normal). I am probably going to work on my garage today with the fans going.
Have a good day everybody.
Old June 25th, 2018, 11:27 AM

Now Allan, Ya know I play the back side better 44/41 [would broke 40 but I flubbed the dub on 2 holes]
Old June 25th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I think dats one of the best scores ya ever posted....
Old June 25th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Always room for one more

Well the cruise in was a bust. It was beautiful all day and just when it's time to go it clouds up and rains hard.

Finally got to see the new foreman today. Guess what he says. You should go see so and so. Heck I could have done that without waiting an hour for him to get back from lunch. Oh well, had a nice conversation with the lead and I'm all set for next Monday. Looking forward to it actually.

Got home and decided I didn't want to work on the fuel pump. My dog psychiatry told me that Tiger would still think I left home, even though I was only out front, and since I had already been gone a few hours, I should stay in with him because I was planning on leaving again. So we played and I got a couple little things done, and then it rained. Well, we had fun anyway.

After I got home from the hangar I decided that I would just drive the dogmobile to work now instead of getting another car. I don't really want yet another car to keep going, and anything I get would be a constant headache because I wouldn't pay a lot for it. I did see a Saturn wagon for under a grand, twin cam five speed, 187K which is kinda high, no radio and no back seat. Those are easily fixed. If the dogmobile starts getting dinged up I'll revisit the idea of a work car. Oh the Saturn had crank down windows. Quaint.

Well staying up late tonight so I can sleep in tomorrow for work. I feel like I've been off work a really long time, but when I get there it will feel like I never left. Only 4 more midnight shifts.

Okay good night everyone.
Old June 26th, 2018, 03:03 AM

Mawn'in

Like Mike said, Got wet late yesterday

So, This mawn'in, I'm gonna start my least favorite job of weed whacking Markers, fences, and disc [ put out by our surveyor to identify lots with numbers]

Mike, Are you getting the Aweful House DT's yet?

Allan, How's the back?

I fear we may have lost Clint

Old June 26th, 2018, 07:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Lessee, first of all the back is starting to get better. The pain is still there but not as severe and it seems to be migrating a bit. The pain pills are working and hopefully I can start to wean off of them soon. I can put on my left pant leg no problem, but have to sit down to get my right one on. I guess that's gonna be the norm till this thing heals up entirely. I'm so glad it didn't happen during the curling season because I can't do any squats or toe touches right now without feeling horrible. As the Proctologist said, This too shall pass I'm also very pleased that my fasting BG is back in the 5.3-5.7 mmoL/L (or 100 mg/dl) range again.

So the herd of neighbor wimmen (there's 4 of em, plus kids) showed up last night around 6:30 to sit in the back yard, burn trash and smoke their hooka pipe. The kids kept kicking their soccer ball into my yard. I tossed it out 2x and after that I locked the gate as they were just getting annoying. If they had damaged my plants I would have given them one warning and then done something to their soccer ball. Yeah I'm a nasty guy sometimes, especially when they won't listen. Lessons are sometimes learned the hard way. Their men came over about an hour later. These guys need to learn what a quiet voice is. They also seem to have cell phones surgically attached to their ears as they are always on them and can't have a quiet conversation.

Jim - I don't think we've lost Clint. He's been under a lot of pressure at home and work. Things aren't going great and you remember how hard it is to get good staff. Lynne is struggling at werk too with her shoulder. She's due for surgery this winter. Clint was also busy getting the barn ready for Tori's horses so there's 2 more mouths to feed now. He says Tori comes over more often now and that really cheers him up. Funny cat/fan video. I've seen it before but still a good laugh. BTW, how's the hunt for the fence painter going???

Mike - Sounds like you have things worked out. Good luck with the new job. I hope it's everything you wanted and ezpz fit. Roll down windows? Wow! Even though our low Saturn is a SOHC it has almost every factory option I could get except for sun roof which I don't like anyway. I haven't bought a car with crank down windows since 1980 and that was a diesel VW Rabbit.

Glenn - You'd like it here sir. This morning is overcast and misty. Temps are just over 55° and a very gentle breeze. Compared to yesterday this is manna from heaven. Yesterday the wind was gusting to 35 mph and the temps were in the low 80's. I can only imagine how much you'd kill to have our weather for a change.
Old June 26th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:

Allan, you are not kidding I would like that weather. We had a cool spell here yesterday with a high of about 92 degrees. Now we are back to Texas summer with highs today in the upper 90's and then 100 for two days. If it were not for grandkids, I believe my wife and I would move to Missouri or northern Arkansas. I am not going to complain since nobody is forcing me to live here. Sorry about the neighbors. Unless you live on a large plot of land it is something you can't control. Unfortunately there is little you can do about it.
Gotta give Lucy (the golden retriever) a bath this morning and then I will work out in my garage some with the fans going. Yesterday was a retirement day and I really didn't do anything.
Have a good day everybody.
Old June 26th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Start of the last week. I bet the week goes slow. That's okay, I'll keep my eye on the prize.

I listen to a guy on the radio named The Kimmer. He lives up around Jamesbo. He goes off on a tirade about ten times an hour, mostly political stuff, or whatever is happening around Atlanta. Today he was going on about people who have to make something out of nothing, and was talking about someone getting shot(big surprise) and part of his rant was "Boo got shot! Boo got shot!" Jamesbo told us about this some time ago and it's actually kind of funny to listen to. I think it's on YouTube.

Warm here today but not overpowering. Bright sun all day. Haven't heard what it's going to do the rest of the week. I was unsuccessful at getting all my errands run this afternoon but I did get my ears lowered.

Jamesbo it might be awhile before I go back to the Awful house. I can stay pretty mad if I want to. Whoever the coward is I'll find out. Might be a few days but eventually someone will say I saw this last time I was in, or I heard this, or why doesn't that guy with the dog come in anymore, something that will give away who it was that called. I keep in touch with the people there anyway so it isn't like I'm missing anything.

Okay work. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old June 26th, 2018, 08:57 PM

A little quiet around these parts, some rain coming tonight and tomorrow, along with humidity. Supposed to be in the mid 90's Sat. & Sun. We will be at my neice's place on the 30th for the 4th get together as the 4th is in the middle of the week. I only get one day off for it this year, so I'm going to work it.
Old June 27th, 2018, 05:39 AM

Mawn'in

Got a shower late yesterday after I finished mowing a weed whack'in Have I mentioned lately that I hate weed whack'in

Allan, Glad you're on the mend and tanks fer the update on Clint

I may do nothing today and then rest or maybe try to get in another 18

Old June 27th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone

Yup, definitely on the mend. I was able to go out yesterday and give the lawn a haircut but I didn't do much else. No point pushing my luck. Still taking the pain pills but not so many any more. One in the mawnin and one in the afternoon.

Hahahahah, Jim. After all dat weed whackin you prolly needed a shower.... If ya go for 18, since it's not Monday I perdict 46/44

Dan - we get this weekend as the long weekend to Celebrate Canada Day. Supposedly the weather Gods aren't planning to be nice but that's ok.

Mike - Somehow I doubt that any of the regulars would have called the law, and they would have been there to see the whole thing. IMO this was done by a random person who likely doesn't even own a pet. Anywho, hope you find out who. I wouldn't penalize Awful House for some lame customer though. It could have happened anywhere you went with Tiger.

Glenn - retirement days are good. I bet Lucy loved getting her bath. I have an overhead fan in my garage. The floor slab usually keeps the garage reasonable temp.

Happy humpday everbody!
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:55 AM

Didn't wanta shoot 90 so, I went to walmart and fixed [read rigged] a cabinet door
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good afternoon guys. I just got back from having lunch with three of my former co-workers. We had a burger at Gas Monkey Cage. I am not very fond of the guy Richard that started Gas Monkey Garage but the restaurant is pretty cool and has a really good burger. It is also convenient to their office.
Allan, Several years ago I installed a pulldown staircase in my garage and floored the attic. Before I floored it I put rolled insulation in. It made a huge difference although it still gets pretty warm. I have a couple ceiling fans at the back and a 20" wall mounted fan which moves a lot of air. It allows me to work in there. Glad you are mending.
Jim, if I dug my clubs out of the closet I would love to shoot a 90. Early tee times are very popular this time of year in Texas.
It is supposed to be 100 here today. Too hot to get anything done outside today.
Hope you guys are having a good one.
Old June 27th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone,

Well it did turn out nice. It's a pleasant 70° but there's a bugger of a wind all day long. I got my son to assist replace the right tail light in the Malibu. The original had a piece missing from the bottom right corner. I guess the guy who had it before us thought clear silicone was the answer. A new one at the boneyard only cost $12 so I bought it. Best of all it's OEM so no issues with anything. I used some Maguires Plastix to clean the lens and polish it. WOW, it looks like brand new. I also replaced the bulb as it was looking kind of worn. Can't believe how much plastic stuff is in the back of the car, but I like how they've come up with quick spin on/off ***** to secure the lens assembly. No more reaching in to undo speed nuts with a socket.

I feel like I had a senior moment though. I took his keys to unlock the car and put them where I wouldn't forget them. (You can already see where this is going....) After we finished the replacement (including spraying down the contacts with electrical cleaner just to be safe) I reached into my pocket and couldn't find the keys. WTH??? I looked everywhere. In the car, in the trunk, in the garage, on the workbench, back in the house....DANG!!@%#!! Couldn't find them. I sat down to ponder what I'd done and duhhh, they were in my back pocket - which I only use for my comb.

Finally the neighbor next door cleaned up the construction mess that had been littering the sidewalk and lawn for the past 3 weeks. I was getting so tired of looking at it, so I mentioned it. Poof! 2 hours later it's cleaned up and a waste bin is in the driveway to collect all the future construction waste. I guess it pays to speak up, especially to the owner. I'd rather talk to him direct and tell him my feelings than just call bylaw. He was very understanding and cooperative. He was showing me the inside and there's been a ton of work done. I think he would have been out almost the same money just to buy an empty lot and build from the ground up. The city inspector was out to check on progress and failed the plumbing because there was not enough slope on the main sewage pipe from the downstairs baffroom, and there was no sewage backwater prevention valve. All the houses in our neighborhood were spoda have them as part of code. We have one, cuz the city was here to inspect in last year after I changed the sump pump and wanted the backwater valve checked too. Hahaha on me. The inspector had me service the valve while he watched (supervised) and afterwards gave me a written inspection report giving the house a clean bill of health and meeting all code requirements. He was sprized that I had shutoff valves under every sink, as that's apparently not code here. But he really liked that they were there and said more people should do that.

Grilling sirloin burgers for dinner tonight. Follow your nose...

Search this Thread