The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike, you're right. Boneyards are great to just go play in. There are a few things I could use though. IDK if your area charges to get in? Here they charge a buck which goes to help the food bank. If you do take down the fence, you could build a new one but just on your property line and then the neighbor has no say in what you do with it because it would belong to you only. Even if you paint it purple...Problem with taking down the old fence of course is disposing of all the old fence material. But it likely would fit easily into the back of the deuce. You'd probably need some help drilling all the fence posts. Ask the guys at IRS to stop by and help, then they can collect the extra deposit at the same time
Old June 14th, 2018, 07:20 AM

Mawn'in

back and put the $$ in the bank the second they opened. Luckily all the Ferrari dealerships were still closed

Already been by Casa Depot for a small project

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good afternoon everyone.

I think our router caught wind of Dan's puter issues and took a dump. I had our SP on the line and the connection to the modem was good. Tested it by direct ethernet to the puter and it worked ok. That meant a trip to BestBuy and a new router for 90 bucks. I got it installed and everything seems to be back and working. Knock on wood...

Jim - I know a 24/7 Ferrari/Maserati/Lambo dealer that you coulda called or went for a spin with. They live to suck $$$ from the unwary. Heading to the Casa Depot myself in a short while. Stupid Scotts EZ Seed doesn't work so I'm taking it back. I'll settle for some regular grass seed to fill in some patches. My second crop of beans is up and looks like it's healthy. The scarlet runners I planted earlier look like they've found their stride and are sending out their tendrils looking for the trellis I built for them. It's 8' high so I think they'll like that.

Mike - You wanna take a Lambo for a test drive? $10k would probably only pay for about a month of insurance and gas...

Looks purty quiet here. Hope everyone has a good day!
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:54 PM

Allan, IMHO the remake or market re positioning of Maserati is pure genius. I see several grocery getters at the parking lot of the grocery store . One day a lady was loading her car and I admired it and axed if maintenance was expensive. She said " No' [but I'm sure she didn't have a clue]

Yesterday I saw a Ferrari 360 at the same parking lot, Sadly when the 8 cylinders cranked up, it jes didn't sound right

I also see a good many Caddy suburbans that look EXACTLY like a hearse
Old June 14th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It's the penultimate day of the week for me. Then vacation. I've got a long list of things to bring to Mom's, hope it all fits.

I don't like any of the new Ferrari's, though I wouldn't kick one out of bed for eating crackers. Really I'd be happy with a car like Magnum's. I knew a guy who had a car like that, he said it was a pain in the neck to maintain, and his Mitsubishi 3000GT was a better car and faster. Hm.

The convertible that I've been worrying to death I see has one bid on ebay. It's been listed perpetually for about a year, with never a bid, and now there is one. I wonder if it's the shop trying to generate interest. It ends tonight in about 4 hours, I'm sure it will auto-relist.

So here is another how can I do it question. The swamp cooler I made for Tiger just isn't cutting it. How can I rig up something permanent in the van that I can run when I'm not in there, and not draw the battery down. Can I hook up a second battery that will run the AC but not run down the car battery, but will be charged by the engine when it's running? Maybe I could do a roof mount like an RV. Any ideas? I'd hate to have to leave him home when I go to Awful house.

The junkyard I go to charges two bucks to get in. I have a VIP card so it only costs me one bucks. I bring two screwdrivers and pliers. I can get pretty much anything I want with that, and if I can't, I either don't need it or I can go out to my car and get more tools.

Still thinking about this fence. Mom tells me now that that corner of the yard floods when it rains a lot. I think it's just low, and I can bring in some dirt and level it off. The problem with the old fence is whoever put it in put rocks in with the posts but no concrete. The posts have rotted just below the surface and the boards are pulling it over. I still think our own fence right up against the old fence is the best bet, the most we'd be losing out of the yard would be 3.5 inches. Who knows.

Well out with Tiger than off to it. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old June 14th, 2018, 09:46 PM

Allan, I tried some Scott's grass seed last year for patches in my yard that were the result of the previous owners small dog. It was specifically meant to be used in that type of soil, and it did nothing, zilch, so this year I still have the patches, though a little smaller, but I have no idea what to do with them.
Old June 15th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well the rain that was spoda happen last evening didn't show up so I guess I have to water again today. We got the water bill yesterday and as Jed Clampett would say, "Wellllllll doggeeee!!!" It's a doozie. Most of it of course is related to administration charges and other crap that isn't even water. Actual water cost was around $30 and the bill came to $160!!! The crap they get away with as a utility company is amazing. Legal robbery if you ask me, because if I don't agree or pay they just shut off the water.

Dan - I took the EZ Seed back to Casa Depot. At customer service the burka behind the counter said I had to wait 30 days for the seed to germinate. Huh? Maybe in Afghanistan but not here. If it doesn't show some form of life in a week and a half there's something wrong. I politely told her she didn't know what she was talking about. She shrugged and gave me back my money. Then I went and bought regular grass seed with a mix of Kentucky Bluegrass and Fescue. Package says germination in 5-10 days. I should have taken that over to the Burka Babe to read.

Last time I was at our local boneyard I joined their Tool Kit rewards program. Got in for no charge. I'll take that any day.

Jim - I thought Caddy's were the preferred hearse material? I see the traditional black isn't always the case anymore. Last funeral procession I saw the hearse was a dark green color. The other vehicles were black. I remember when my Aunt Marlene passed the funeral home had a big bus in addition to the hearse and other procession cars. That bus was decked out to the nines inside and probably cost a fortune. Nice to ride in though, like sitting on a sofa. The interior was laid out more like a stretch limo with the seating. I remember it being very opulent.

Mike - maybe insulate the side and roof of the tigermobile to keep the heat from getting too much inside? What are you using for cooling now? Re: the fence. If you end up putting it right against the other fence, remember you won't be able to do maintenance to the other side of it when it needs to be stained or painted. I've never seen 2 fences built back to back like what you're suggesting.

The new router appears to be working ok. I had to tell all the old WiFi based devices to 'forget' the network, and re-sync them to the new router. I had to phone Honeywell for the T-stat because their instruction booklet isn't all that clear. I was surprised I only had to wait on the line for about 10 minutes and the fix it guy was really clear and accurate guiding me through the steps I needed. It was simple really, but not splained anywhere int the booklet. duh....

Have a great Friday. Ready for the weekend?

Old June 15th, 2018, 07:10 AM

Mawn'in

Already done 2 days werk

Re, Grass [green not smokable] Just get ya a garden rake and scratch the soil up and out down some regular seed. All this other stuff if just fluff to sell ya stuff ya don't need. We plant grass all the time in small patches after a grave is covered, Water it and cut it to make it thicker

Mike, Ya heard it hear first, Bad plan

Old June 15th, 2018, 08:02 AM

Evening guys.

Sorry for long radio delay.. Been averaging 14 hours a day at work for last two weeks, so ive not been hanging there. Just been reading the site at work on occasional breaks.

Currently the sauna is heating up. And im drinking beer After that, its football time! The right football, lmao ESP-POR is definitetly interesting match. I have two favourites on this tournament, Croatia and Argentina. Especially Argentina, its always one of my favourites. Other is Holland, but sadly they dont play on this tournament..

Whats up guys? Mid-summer festival on next weekend, wohoo Gonna see friends for a loong time.

Have a weekend all!
Old June 15th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
I think I have missed a couple days. I have this cold sore on the back of my right lower gum that is giving me a fit. I am one of the few 71 (almost 72) year old people that still have all their wisdom teeth. Never any problems because they came in straight. The thing is hurting bad enough I went to the dentist with it yesterday. He prescribed some mouthwash that Keaton already had from his surgery. I have been putting orabase on it and taking some advil.
I haven't been to a junkyard in some time since most have disappeared. I didn't know they were charging a cover charge.
Mike, I still don't think the back to back fences is a good idea but then I am not there.
Allan, my water bill was $270 last month. The water is from the city of Rowlett and several years ago our dummies lead by the dumbass mayor cranked the water rates up to keep from increasing taxes. We live in a lake but it is not the one our water comes from. Our water actually cost more than our electricity last month. I hope this makes you feel better. Just about all the hearses and funeral cars in this area are white.
After the dental appointment yesterday I took the Ford Flex for an inspection and oil change. Now I can get the license renewed. I will actually go to the tax office to do that next week since I need to renew the license for my Olds. I have year of manufacture plates on it and now we can keep those and register the car as an antique. There are some driving limitations but none that matter and the 5 year renewal is $60. Well, I have some outside things to do before it gets too hot.
Have a good weekend everybody.
Old June 15th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - we get hosed on our electricity too. Sorry to hear you're getting screwed by the utilities. Most boneyards have been charging admission for at least 20 years here. Since it goes to a good charity I don't mind. Besides, the prices are worth the admission. I have some of that antiseptic mouthwash that's also spoda deaden pain. Got it a few weeks back when my gums around the temporary crown were painful. I'm sure your coldsore will disappear soon enough and you'll be back to normal.

Jim - zactly what I did. And I'm watering it to make sure it doesn't just bake in the sun.

Jouni - Good to hear from you. Your football is what we call soccer here. Honestly I can't say it's something that I watch. I guess it's a cultural thing. Here in Canada the big things are Hockey, Football, Hockey, Curling, Hockey....you get the idea. What a shocker; you're heating the sauna and drinking beers. Some things never change do they?
Old June 15th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good news!! The insurance issue has been resolved. The '100% at fault' rating has been reversed to '0% at fault'. That means my son will likely be getting a reduction in his insurance premium. They're going to let me know how much next week. Sheesh, this has been going on since May 22. Almost as bad as pollytiks.

Jim, I'm doing some more spot repairs. I rake the old grass, put down new seed and cover it with some soil mix. Then water to keep moisture in the ground next to the seed. I'm curious to see what happens with the cheapo seed mix I bought compared to that expensive EZ Seed I bought and returned. IDK about smokin that grass, gotta be honest and tellya I never did any of that stuff even in my younger days. I did try one cigarette and that was enough to back me away. For some reason I like the aroma of a nice pipe. Not too many people I know smoke pipes though. You not headed norte?
Old June 15th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Hot as a mother out. I like it, but it's come to my attention that the swamp cooler I made for Tiger isn't going to hack it. So he has to stay home until I can come up with something new.

Good night at work. I worked with a helper and our first job was to fix some brand new overhead bins in a 777 that had a new interior. It's the same interior as the 350 but the plane was quarantined. Anyone who wanted to go up there had to be cleared and no one was being cleared. Last night my foreman got me, the other guy, a lead and himself cleared and we went up there to do work. Seems the FAA was still certificating the new interior and the muckity's were doing a walk through this morning. I asked if the chairman was going to have to wear cabin booties.

Jamesbo what's a bad idea, the fence still or putting an AC in the van so I don't cook Tiger? Speaking of back to back fence, at my niece's house the yards were initially separated by chain link. Each side of the chain link people have built privacy fences so there are three fences back to back to back.

Okay Big Friday. The foreman said last night he put my end date at the end of the month because it coincided with the pay period but mostly to preserve my vacation. I can't wait to not go to work for 10 days.

Have a good evening everyone. It's off to never-never land.
Old June 16th, 2018, 03:06 AM

A little damp this AM, headed to Homecoming in an hour and a half. Hot n humid is the forecast.
Old June 16th, 2018, 04:18 AM

Not headed norte, too many families coming dis weekend

Mike, Me thinks the fence is a bad idear, what I know about swamp coolers wouldn't fill a thimble

Allan, Why are you using a "seed mix" what wrong with jes plain old seeds

Inline, Don't believe Allan about football, they play a weird way up in the frozen north. There's only one kind of football and that's SEC. BTW you know what a gay guy is in Alabama? Someone that likes girls more than football

Old June 16th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone.

Shaping up to be a beautimus day here. No rain yesterday like they said, but the skies did get awfully dark. Just Ma Nature posturing I guess.

Dan - Have fun at Homecoming.

Jouni - Don't lissen to Jim. We play a great buncha games up here. Just that soccer isn't as widely popular here as it is in Europe, South America, Australia and other soccer dominated countries. Our CFL plays a faster game than NFL and the season doesn't go as long. Mostly cuz playing in blizzards (which happens quite often towards the end of season) tends to dampen the fan enthusiasm a bit.

Jim - I am using regular grass seeds. I tried the newfangled specialty crap first because it was tooted to be the quick and dirty answer to instant lawn repair. It's not worth anything which is why I took it back. That's why I'm back to using the tried and true method of regular seeds and then cover them with a bit of soil. With luck I'll see results next week. SEC? Bahahahahaha... But I will give ya there's a lot more teams to pick and choose from in that conference than all of ours up here.

Have a good day y'all
Old June 16th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Everybody:
It is going to be another hot day here. It was 96 yesterday. I worked outside some. I finished demolishing the fort that my grandsons had down by the lake. It was getting pretty ragged and they finished with it years ago. I used by electric chainsaw to cut it up. I still had to get it up some pretty steep steps and out to the street for pickup. Kooper (the 13 year old grandson) helped me get it out there. I still have to get the slide to the street today. Then I have weed eating and I have to put a new battery in my tractor and get it going. My neighbor has been mowing down by the lake for me and I need to do some payback. With this heat I have to work a little while and then take a break and be sure I am drinking enough water. Getting the old fort torn down and weedeating has been one of the big projects on the retirement list of things to get done. I am starting to see some progress now.

Have a good weekend and a nice Father's Day to all of you.
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Be careful in the heat Glenn. We don't want you getting heatstroke or passing out. If you can't drink enough water, there's always a cold beer or two You're certainly a motivated youngster.
Old June 16th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Clueless lead, he thought he was doing me a favor by letting me go at 445. I'd leave at 5 anyway. Eh, four more days.

Slept pretty well this morning and Tiger got me up at 1230. Went to the Awful house and to the shop to get a few things and now I'm home and am gonna work on the dogmobile.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Glenn don't work too hard. There's no time limit.
Old June 16th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What a day.

Mike - sounds like bizness as usual.

I finally got fed up with the crap internet and upgraded to high speed 150. I did it on line which gave me a $75.00 bonus. Deal is $40/mo for the first 6, then 99/mo for months 7-24 on 2 year contract. Guaranteed no price hikes while in the contract term. I ran into a small hiccup with the installation, but easily and quickly resolved by the service provider.

With the web incentive, plus the rebate on the old package, we will be basically getting no bill for 3 1/2 months. It also includes a free modem which has built in high speed wifi, so the router I bought on Thursday is going back to Best Buy for a refund.

I did an Ookla speedtest on the new system and it's blazing fast, especially compared to the old one. Download speeds were in the 90's mbps and upload was over 16 mbps. The modem also self detects whether the traffic on 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz is stronger and automatically switches to give the best strength signal.

All my wireless devices have been switched over to the new system and seem to be working great.
Old June 17th, 2018, 04:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

My minimal sleep yesterday got the best of me so I went to bed early last night. Which of course meant I woke up early this morning. Maybe this will get evened out soon.

Didn't get squat done yesterday, which means the dogmobile gets worked on today. I think the biggest problem I have is the computer sits in the main part of the house. Every time I walk past it I have to sit down to look something up. It takes up an enormous amount of my day and it's ridiculous. Facebook, forums, what is the point of pouring over and commenting on every little thing that's posted. It's inane is what it is. I gotta get over it. Or move the computer.

So I've figured out that I don't want to drive the Cruze to work once I start my new job. It's door ding city over at the hangar, and even though my car is the base model, entry level car, after a year and a half it still doesn't have any marks on it. Actually nothing that I have(that runs) I'd want to take over there, so I've been looking for a car that doesn't cost too much that I wouldn't mind getting door dings. You know how hard it is to find a car when you actually need one?

Well I'll get ready for the day, hit the Awful house, and see where the day takes me. Hope everyone has a good day. Gonna be nice here.
Old June 17th, 2018, 06:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Fantastic start to the day here, clear skies, birds chirping, gentle breeze...heaven!

I did another speed test on the new system today. Shocker Download speed of 135 MBps and upload of 16 MBps !!! That's absolutely amazing!!

Mike - Just throwing this out there FWIW. Have you thought about getting an older Saturn S series (up to 2002?) Remember they have the polymer door panels and don't get dinged. The low Saturn is coming up to 23 years old and nary a dent anywhere. Now that the fuel pressure regulator solved the starting issue, it's much like when it was new. I really like that it will deliver an honest 35 mpg (Imperial) in the city. Haven't tested it on the road for a long time but last time it was just over 45 mpg. I understand your door ding concern. Seems I can park away from the crowd and everytime I come back to the car some butt wipe is parked a mere 24" away from me and empty stalls all around.

We have 3 puters in the house. 1 upstairs, this one on the main floor, 1 laptop in the mancave over the garage. I guess it doesn't matter where I go, I can access the web, including on my smart phone or iPad. Lately I've been walking away from the puter more than I'm on it though. It is handy for looking up some websites that just don't have the same display on the cell phone.

Happy Fathers Day! Heading outside to water.
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Always room for one more

Okay not inane because it's lunch time. And I need some advice.

I failed at oil changing this morning. The mangled drain plug would not give up on the dogmobile. I tried vice grips, Robogrips(they suck), hammering sockets and wrenches onto the plug, and now the plug is pretty much round. If I had a welder I'd weld a nut on it but I don't have a welder. What can I do next? My plan B is to wait until I'm at Mom's and take it to the place she has her oil changed. I have the new plug already.

Allan I'd love to have another Saturn but they are not to be had. They've all been used up. It's funny, you can't find anyone who likes Saturns but when a decent one comes around they want a fortune for it. Heck I even have the license number picked out for one already.

Someone suggested I drive the Deuce to work. It would take more than a couple spaces but I wouldn't get door dings.

Okay gonna go take the spark plugs out and put them back in, then vacuum the interior. I could build a new dog with what's in there.
Old June 17th, 2018, 12:21 PM

So much for father's day, didn't get a call or a card from yard chill'en

Mowed the whole thing yesterday but hit a curb leaving the road. Flat and busted valve stem. 1st thing went and got a new bottle jack, removed the old tire and took it too a shop with air blasted to rest it on the rim. Should be good to go

Mike, Toss the dog hair out in the yard, the birds love it to build nests

Allan, I like looking a recipes fortunately some people wanta take 6 hours to make a cake, I like my life a little simpler

Happy Father's day Olds friends
Old June 17th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Afternoon and Happy Father's Day to All:
Jim, sorry about your Fathers Day. It is kind of a mixed day for us. The two grandsons that are with us haven't seen or had any contact with their POS father for about 6 years so it is a little tough for them. They did give me the sweetest card with their own comments to me which touched my heart. Our son had dinner with his daughter last night and was the first time he had seen her since December 26th. She is 17 and her mother has just about succeeded in ruining her. I am thankful for their dinner and hopefully it leads to an improved relationship. My son and daughter are very fond of the old man. They express it and I am thankful for that. We all had a nice brunch today. The two step granddaughters were there and the youngest was our waitress. She just graduated from University of Arkansas last month and will be starting as a registered nurse at Presbyterian Hospital in the ER in October. Very proud of her.
The way I have been working around here lately it is good to take a day off. I have some things to get done this week but my progress is starting to show.
Mike, if you want a Saturn, go on cars dot com and see what you find in the Dallas area. If you find one you like I will be glad to take a look at it for you. The inspection would only cost you a couple cold beers. If you find it you can fly into DFW or Love Field and I will pick you up and you can drive your car home. I am serious as I can be about this.
Have a good day my friends.
Old June 17th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, try one of these. It's called a Bolt extractor socket. Probably get one cheap at harbor freight. Designed specially for rounded bolts.

Old June 17th, 2018, 04:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

WOW! Glenn you're a genius. I looked at that site and selected SL models. There's tons of them for really decent pricing, and really low miles too.
https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...28881&zc=21050
Old June 17th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Always room for one more

I'm sore tonight, rigorous mowing I guess.

Thanks Glenn. That's how I got my first Saturn. My best friend lived in LA at the time and said I could have his car for free, the catch was I had to come get it. No problem. Hopped a plane, spent the weekend with him and his wife, then hit the road. I keep saying I'm going to rebuild that car but the cost keeps going up.

Allan that looks like a neat tool. I might look around for one tomorrow and if I find it and have time I'll get to the oil. Otherwise it will have to wait until Florida.

So last week my neighbor wanted me to drive his Explorer up to New Jersey for him. That wasn't going to happen. Now he says the wife isn't going back at all, and he's going to have a shipping company come get it. It wouldn't be a shame at all if it happened to fall off the trailer and into the ocean. What an awful car.

Well I'm tired again so off to bed. Lots to do tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
Old June 18th, 2018, 02:47 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, I've got sum of those sockets if ya need them [in the mountains]

Well, it's gonna be only 9 holes today, a family came Friday and looked around and called yesterday and HAD to come today at 12 noon,

Not real sure what changed between Friday and Sunday.

The lady that called me 4 times last week to confirm she was coming Sunday [when her brother flew in] Called Early Sunday to reschedule

Another lady came Saturday and lost her keys, I found them in the cemetery and she came back to pick them up but still hasn't bought

I'm about to go crazy with indecisive people

My new policy is never call anyone back to follow up. Either they want it or they don't

End of rant

have a great day Olds friiends
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Got my mulching border and mulch laid down yesterday. I'm glad it wasn't hot like TX or I'd have died. Got a great deal on the mulch at Casa Depot. They had 7 bags that had been open (torn) so they taped them up. Instead of the regular price, I got them for 65% off. Not bad - works out to around $1.15/2 cubic ft of cedar mulch.

Water's on for a bit this mawnin as it looks to be a scorcher here later on.

Jim - bummer. I've had that happen too, but for different sales. Wish people would stick to their decision and pull the trigger instead of developing Charlie Brown syndrome. Hmmm, only 9?? Prolly about 45 then. Maybe 46 if yer feeling rushed....

Mike - I know what you mean. I did rebuild most of the low Saturn in 2015. At the time it cost me around $1200.00 doing all the work myself. Seems kind of a lot for a car that's only worth that at the time. Oh well, it's 100% good to go now. I'm really shocked that it still has its original windshield and headlight bulbs!

Glenn - So what's on the agenda today? I think you're working waaayyy too hard sir. Retirement isn't spoda work ya harder than when you were earning.

Jouni - You caught a break and got the CMM back? Which do you prefer - the CMM or the paver?

Hmmm, my son wants me to go to the gym with him to work out. Hahahaha, he's young and very fit. Me? Not so young and not as fit. Wonder if they still have cute young wimmen workin out there to stare at?

A friend I haven't seen for years messaged me last week. We're going to meet tomorrow for lunch and catch up a bit. Max would be closer to Glenn's age.

Carpe Diem. I think
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Just got back from the Awful house. Got an early start. Plenty to do today.

I forgot who used to have the Saturn Aura. Was it you Dan or was it Darrell? My Mom has been telling me that on occasion her car will shudder. Only does it for a few seconds. She had the tires rotated and balanced, and it still does it. I thought it was in the steering but she said the whole car shakes. Wondered if this is something that they all will do, or if we're just lucky. Might be the nudge I need to get her to buy a new car. Her's is an 08 with only 40K, but it's uncomfortable for her to get in and out now, but she gives me the martyr routine, oh I'll be okay, I can't afford a new car, blah blah. I'm wondering if it might be an injector that's going bad and fouls every now and again.

Best get moving. Miles to go before I sleep. Oh and it's the Summit cruise in tonight, provided a storm doesn't come up from nowhere. Have a good day everyone.
Old June 18th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning:
Jim, it seems people have little respect for other folks time. Has to be really frustrating in the service industry.
Mike, that is a standing offer on the Saturn.
Allan, we had a very light sprinkle here this morning. The high today is supposed to be 90. My plan for the day was to finish my weedeating down my he lake and get my tractor running. While 90 probably sound pretty hot to you, it is considered a cool spell here. It is also going to be cloudy most of the day so that will help. I bought a new battery for the tractor on Saturday. I will probably have to take the top off the carb and spray it with some Berryman's to get it going. This tractor is a 1977 Sears GT18. It is really built like a tractor. I replace the Onan engine a few years ago with a Vanguard 18 horse V twin. It is not fancy but is a heck of a tractor. I use it to mow down by the lake. When I retired I figured I had about 6 months of projects that would probably take me about 9-12 months to get done. I still think that is about right. That does not include the restoration of my 57 Chevy but that is a hobby.
Hope all you guys have a great day.
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I think it was Dan? I haven't seen Darrell on this thread in ages.
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:09 AM

Mike, that was me with the Saturn Aura. Never had any shudder.
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:23 AM

Started off hurried but settled down for a 42
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Started off hurried but settled down for a 42
I think that's the best you've ever posted. You should feel hurried more often.
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:42 AM

Several pars and a birdie help
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Just got back from a nice walk out to Lake Elsinore. There were several gaggles of Canada geese on the grass next to the pathway. About 50-60 goslings being guarded by the large honkers. They put out sentries at each end of the flock, and one close to each group of goslings. I'm not sure what they're eating but sonofabiscuit do they ever $hit all over the place. Whatever it is must give them the trots.

One woman jogger (a bit on the larger side) was running on the path by the flock and got attacked by the guard geese. I guess they didn't like the sudden movement. I walked by them, pausing every 10' or so and they just looked and ignored me.

Glenn - I spose you get really used to the sun and heat in TX. This will likely seem like a joke to you but we're under a heat advisory here with the temps spoda be mid 80's to low 90's next couple of days. You'd probably be wearing a sweater....

Mike - When I looked at the car dot com site, I used a Maryland zip code and unlimited miles. Got tons of hits. I used a TX zip and got 1 hit for Sl models but a few more of the Astra etc. I think Saturn only made the SL/SC and the VUE with the polymer door panels? Dan can chime in on his memory of the Aura. IDK what the heck would cause the whole car to just shudder. Might (big might) be the coolant temp sensor reading wrong and sending the wrong signal to the ECM?

Jim - one day you an me gotta get together and whack whitey. I can't count past 4 on any given hole so I'll do jess fine.
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Always room for one more

Well the junkyard was a bust. Nothing to write home about. Work was a bust. The guy I needed to see isn't in till Wednesday. Got all my registrations done, finally. The dogmobile didn't need the smog test last year but this year it did. I said what fer? They said it was done last year in January. I bought it in February. Anyway, the whole group that got registered added up to a whopping 211 bucks. That's pretty good actually.

The Aura is metallic. It's a G6 in disguise.

So anyway I got to the hangar and saw first hand how awful parking is. spaces are actually fairly wide but the lanes are tiny. And I saw new cars there. I'd never get any work done because I'd be twitching the whole time thinking people were knocking into my car. So I gotta get something small, and non-twitch-inducing. Thanks Glenn. I may take you up on that.

Jamesbo these are probably the same people I would get at the auto parts store that would troubleshoot with their wallet. "My car needs an alternator." That alternator costs $250. Oh it can't be that then!

Well I'm going to do not much this afternoon. Might mow some more. Going to Summit this evening so I don't need to be running in and out it would give Tiger fits.

Hm, a nap might be nice.
Old June 18th, 2018, 06:17 PM

Busy weekend for us. We had started to look at houses for when we planned on moving and we saw one we really liked so we figured why not and applied for it. Turns out we got it so now we have to pack up the house and move as we don’t want to be paying rent on two properties.

So for the next week or two we’ll be very busy as this weekend Minette is having a birthday party as well.

At work now now on break. Never a dull moment for us at the moment, always something comes up that requires more time then we seem to have lol.

Have a good day everyone,

Adrian