The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2018, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I thought we'd escape the rain today but it was not to be. That's okay, if it's nice tomorrow I'll be happy.

Adrian you're right. I won't know how to act. I've been on night shift the majority of my 24 years. Did dayshift for a couple months when I first moved to Atlanta, did 2nd shift for two years, heck, probably almost 20 years ago.

Allan dayshift in the shop is 8 hours. It will make the day seem very short in the beginning, but after awhile it will be like any other day.

I'd like to go to that Homecoming some time, but I never make the plans. I'd really like to go through the GM Heritage museum that I know is only open to groups on a limited basis. I don't think that's in Lansing.

Hi Weezer. I'm with you on the crowds. Last time I took my car to the Monday night cruise in I parked way far away from the rest of the group. Wouldn't you know it some clown had to come park right next to me. All the rest of the lot and my car became the resting spot for everyone's *** when they came to talk. Needless to say the car hasn't been back since.

Well it's Friday. I wouldn't mind an early out like last week, but I won't hold my breath. My one friend is there and he'll blow his top when he hears I'm leaving. Only because he wants to leave too, but he has a harder time because of his low seniority.

Okay have a good weekend everyone. It's June, already.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Adrian! Good to hear from ya mate!!
Yeah we got the Malibu back today. I have to say that I'm probably a lot pickier than most people so I tend to notice the small details that didn't get done. The shop claims to be meticulous about their work but I'd give them only a B+. The did end up charging me more than the original package price because they said a power polish wouldn't do enough for the paint. It needed a clay bar treatment and then wax, followed by a good sealer. I'll attach some pics from my phone, hopefully they don't post upside down. LOL, that would be ok for you I guess, wouldn't it?

Getting on to dinner time. I took out some nice thick rib eyes that I'll be grilling in about 45 minutes or so. It's really overcast and threat of rain but I won't let that stop a good steak from hitting the grill.

The weekend awaits, and it looks like I'll be getting new neighbors tomorrow. The house next door sold. The new peeps were here when I got back with the car but I didn't feel like ringing the doorbell and saying hi. Looks like they have some young rug rats. As long as they're well behaved I'm good.
Old June 1st, 2018, 04:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Pics

This car is 2010 and only has 34k miles on it.

Old June 1st, 2018, 06:46 PM

Jeff, You'd like this meet. (Homecoming) It's laid back and nothing like Woodward Cruise. No bumper to bumper BS. You really should come check it out. Most swap meets have just about anything you need for small block Chevies and about 50% of what you need for your Mustang but nothing for your Oldsmobile. This one is FOR Oldsmobiles. Best place to find what you can't find for your Olds. Plus it's just a great time. It's in Lansing which isn't too far. You can just come with your everyday car, park outside, walk in, and see if you like it. It's going to be in a big parking lot on the west side of town. I don't have the exact location now but can get it for you.
Old June 1st, 2018, 10:57 PM

Mike, it's in Sterling Heights, Mi. Been there, cool place. Allan, my buddy had a 2012 Malibu with that two tone interior, looks sharp. It's also the one that he got fed up with and switched to Hyundai. Jeff, what Greg said. Jim, I can't believe that I am looking forward to next winter so I can build a snowman. Blah ha ha.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 06:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone

Looks like the rain has stopped for the weekend. New neighbors likely moving in today. There was a swarm of em over yesterday looking at the house. I hope they're not all moving in as that would be overkill.

This new computer came with Windows 10 installed. Since I bought it back in March absolutely none of the Windows updates would install. Finally last night I got pissed off and got ahold of the Microsoft support center. I gave them remote access and they deleted the version of W10 that was on the puter and started the download of a new version they said will fix the problem. It took an hour and a half for everything to download, check for updates, then install the system and updates. But, at least now I'm not getting those stupid messages that Updates couldn't be installed. Have to wait and see if that was the entire problem.

Dan, ya want to play with snow *****?? Too funny. What happened with your buddies Malibu, problem wise that is.

Adrian, how much of the beard did you get trimmed anyway?

Mike, I'm sure it will work out for you. And if it doesn't you can always apply to transfer out to something else? It will probably give Tiger a heart attack not seeing you during the day. How long are the shifts where you are now?

This morning if there was an Awful House here I think I'd consider going. My BG was unusually low this morning.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 07:18 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan. when I glanced at the pictures of your Malibu it looks like the second generation of the Aurora. The wheels look great and I love the interior. When I first looked at the speedo I thought man that thing is fast and then remembered it is kilometers. Very nice car.
Yesterday was a full but relaxed day. My wife and I drove down to Waxahachie and met the former treasurer of the NTOC at the bank to transfer the bank account. Opening a new account turned out to be near impossible so we transferred the existing one at Wells Fargo Bank. The we came by my brothers and had a nice visit with he and his wife and went to dinner. Today we are going on to my son and daughter in laws for an informal reception for her daughter that just graduated from the University of Arkansas. It is hot has heck here and not rain in sight. I have lived in Texas since 1979 and love most things about it except the hot dry weather we seem to get every year. If it were not for the grandkids I think my wife and I would move to northern Arkansas or Missouri where they actually have 4 seasons. I am not going to complain though since nobody is forcing me to live here.
I hope all you guys have a great day and weekend.
Glenn
Old June 2nd, 2018, 07:40 AM

Allan, since he bought it new, there was something amiss with the front suspension, always a pull and noise, which of course the dealer could never find. Followed that up with the electronic steering failure, and about the same time they got a TSB on the suspension, but he was still on the hook for a few hundred bucks to repair it all as they only covered part of it, so adios GM. Mild day today, about in the 70's, got an open house to go to, and if the rain ends tomorrow AM, then it's off to the Gilmore for the final day of the CCCA show.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, Thanks for the info. This one has a really nice suspension and ride. There was a pull to the right when we bought it but it was corrected with a wheel alignment. The older gentleman we bought it from put a sizable dent in the RF rim to cause that too but the wheel is still true. The steering had an issue in extreme cold when the park brake was put on. So we stopped using the park brake and all is good since. I probably need to inspect the front brakes as I'm sure the old guy rode them or was harder on them than we are. Fortunately I can get replacement rotors/ceramic pads for it for less than a Franklin and free shipping.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 10:31 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sun is out for now, hope that continues. Slept later than I wanted to today but that was my own choice for once. Tiger kept wanting to play and did not care to be rebuffed. Finally I decided that if I wanted to see the dayshift Awful house people I better get moving. They leave the floor around 2.

Not a bad night at work. Left later than I had anticipated but worked with a good guy and we didn't break our backs. In fact we solved a couple problems that will really help out the passengers today. Worked on the new A350. Gotta tell you I'm not real impressed.

Okay gonna get going. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 11:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, you got to work on one of the only 167 A350 900s in service. What part of it is less than impressive?
Old June 2nd, 2018, 12:38 PM
Always room for one more

In my opinion the Airbus in general isn't built very well. It has a definite cheapness about it. Now, I work on the interior, and they buy the interior from an outside vendor. No one likes this vendor yet pretty much every plane these days comes with its product. And the airlines just deal with it. I don't get it. Anyway, everything is waaay over-engineered. Last night we changed a No Smoking light and then had to load software to get it to work! Whatever happened to just changing a bulb? The whole plane is like that. I think the previous CEO, who ordered these, got a kickback from Airbus.

Boeing has shot themselves in the foot. We were going to buy more 777s but Boeing wouldn't come down off the price. Then they talked the government into charging a 300% tax on regional jets made in Canada. They thought we'd buy more 737s. Nope, we bought more Airbuses. My feeling is we're a big American company we should be buying American airplanes. But Boeing bought out and torpedoed Douglas so they're pretty much the only game in town. So when the bully gets too out of hand, we go over seas. I get that, but I still don't like it.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 04:13 PM

That car sure comes up looking good Allan. Still think you got a steal with it lol.

Before and after pics of the new do for ya Allan.

I know what you mean Mike. I went to day shift for a while and man did they fly by for about 3 months after going from a 12 hour shift to an 8 hour shift. Now I’ve gone back to shift work again lol.
Old June 2nd, 2018, 05:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good on ya champ! Looking very much dapper. Wimmen will be throwing themselves your way. Tink needs to carry her persuader to keep em in line. Looking very much like the Duck Dynasty crew.

Ta, it did come out looking sweet as new and the paint feels like glass. Disappointing though the 'new car' smell is gone from the interior and is replaced by the chemical smells of whatever they used to condition the trim. I hope she'll be right soon as the chemical smell goes away....

We did a barbie this arvo. I grilled shrimp and prime rib burgers. One burger and 6 shrimp and I'm chockers.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 04:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Nice out now, but hope the rain stays away. Got lots to do outside. We'll see how much I actually get done.

Handsome fella there Adrian. What is the goal, when you're old and bald you can just flip that beard up? Beats a comb-over!

Dan the Gilmore is another place I'd like to visit. Funny, when the Corvair museum was looking for a new home we approached Gilmore and they all but told us to get lost.

Sorry Jamesbo, I've denounced the Amphicar club president and I'm not doing the membership anymore. So I can't sneak your name onto the newsletter list anymore.

Anyone know if the 67 Cutlass convertible has a plastic or a glass backlight? Why can't I find this stuff?

So, Awful house. Have a good day everyone.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 06:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Supposed to be a nice day here today. Yesterday afternoon the winds came up so fast and strong some of the trees had branches snapped off like twigs.

Mike, it was plastic. 2 different types of lenses too. I can't find anywhere they're reproduced. You could likely get them at places like DVAP. I saw one there that still had back up lights ( https://www.dvap.com/salvage/1967-ol...***-67ol1175d/ ) Same part for all Cutlass (non CS) models. Did you end up buying that convertible?
Old June 3rd, 2018, 06:50 AM
Always room for one more

No not yet I haven't. I wrote the previous owner a letter and mailed it last week. Not surprisingly I haven't heard back from him. I'd like to take a run up there and see it, that's a long day by airplane and quite involved if I drive. Of course if I drive up there with a truck and trailer(and cash) I might have a little more buying power. Maybe I'll call them.

Didn't stay too long at the Awful house. My buddy was there with his son, who's autistic, and the people at the next table had a baby that started crying, and that sets the son off, so they left. I didn't want to sit there by myself, besides taking up a booth, that makes the servers cranky. Now I gotta find something to do.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 10:26 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
I think it only hit 99 yesterday but the heat index was like 105. It is supposed to be cooler today with the high in the upper 80's. I think it is funny when the weather folks refer to this as a cold front. Sorry but upper 80's is not cold.
Not much on the agenda today. I am fighting off a cold. I am supposed to have this minor surgery in the morning and I have to behave today. I am afraid they will postpone it due to this cold I am coming down with. It is nothing to it but I would like to be done with it. I will probably do some office work today.
Have a great Sunday guys.
Old June 3rd, 2018, 01:54 PM

Home from the hills, The lake was still high and people with boat mc mansions were still having troubles but my dock was fine and I haven't put Dos Boat back in the water yet

Adrian, They found the dude with a bullet in his head[ self inflicted] in a motel not too far from Baton Rouge La. I guess we'll never know the whole story.

Storm spose to be coming in but hopeful I'll get to smack whity tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Olds friends
Old June 4th, 2018, 12:35 AM

Mike if I go bald then I go bald. Combover will not be happening lol. If women start that I’ll just step to the side and they can fall in their faces Allan hehe.

Not sure if that’s good or bad Jim you know what I mean?

Sitting waiting for my first night shift to officially start. Got some yard work done this morning which is always a good feeling. Winter is the best time as it won’t grow back in the few days between now and when I finish my working week to finish the job.

Take care everyone,

Adrian
Old June 4th, 2018, 03:06 AM

Mawn'in

Well, We had the "perfect storm" It didn't happen

Mike, Bummer that you can't make me an ersatz Amphi owner but I'll survive. I did want my own private Airbus but maybe I'll settle for a Gulfstream now

Off to smack whitey

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 4th, 2018, 04:41 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Man did I sleep good last night. I don't know what made me feel so tired, but I catnapped most of the evening and finally said the heck with this and went to bed at 9:00. It was still light out! Now I feel unusually with it this morning. Hm, sleeping well, who would think that does anything.

Jamesbo the latest Gulfstream flies over 7000 miles, I don't think any of the Airbus do that, with the exception of the A380. I'll have to look that one up. I worked for a short time at Charlie Brown airport. Our hangar was next to Coca Cola's hangar, and when the CEO died it was one G4 after another coming in bringing the muckity's for his funeral. Ah, I think the G4s are probably all in the boneyard by now.

Well Adrian good luck on the night shift. I actually don't mind it, not as many people to bird dog you, and I kind of feel like I'm prowling around when everyone else is home sleeping.

Glenn hope the minor surgery goes well and you're back to your projects quick. I started with a cold not long ago, and it just hung on, and one day I was tired of it and decided, okay I'm better now. Not sure that had much to do with it but I did get better soon after.

Time for the Awful house. Got some errands to do afterward, then I don't know what. We got quite the shower yesterday afternoon, so everything is a muddy mess. I did get the blue van up on jack stands, ready for a brake job. Fun.

Have a good morning everyone.
Old June 4th, 2018, 04:41 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Man did I sleep good last night. I don't know what made me feel so tired, but I catnapped most of the evening and finally said the heck with this and went to bed at 9:00. It was still light out! Now I feel unusually with it this morning. Hm, sleeping well, who would think that does anything.

Jamesbo the latest Gulfstream flies over 7000 miles, I don't think any of the Airbus do that, with the exception of the A380. I'll have to look that one up. I worked for a short time at Charlie Brown airport. Our hangar was next to Coca Cola's hangar, and when the CEO died it was one G4 after another coming in bringing the muckity's for his funeral. Ah, I think the G4s are probably all in the boneyard by now.

Well Adrian good luck on the night shift. I actually don't mind it, not as many people to bird dog you, and I kind of feel like I'm prowling around when everyone else is home sleeping.

Glenn hope the minor surgery goes well and you're back to your projects quick. I started with a cold not long ago, and it just hung on, and one day I was tired of it and decided, okay I'm better now. Not sure that had much to do with it but I did get better soon after.

Time for the Awful house. Got some errands to do afterward, then I don't know what. We got quite the shower yesterday afternoon, so everything is a muddy mess. I did get the blue van up on jack stands, ready for a brake job. Fun.

Have a good morning everyone.
Old June 4th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning to Everybody:

Thanks Mike. I just called the surgery center to see if they would proceed since I have a cold. Since I have no fever or flu like symptoms it is a go. I am glad because I didn't want to reschedule. It is very minor and will just slow me down for a couple days. I will get some work done in the office I need to attend to. I will probably update later in the day. Have a good day guys.
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Looks like I have idiots for neighbors again.

Last night a boomer showed up and all hell broke loose for about 15 minutes. We did get some much needed watering out of it though and plenty of percussion in the symphony.

Jim - 44/45? I saw the tail end of the Memorial yesterday. Interesting 3 way, then 2 way then win. I don't recognize these new golfers but I did enjoy seeing Jack Nicklaus again. My bean crop wasn't doing so well so I yanked em all and started over. Some kind of munching bug was eating the leaves and killing the plants.

Glenn - good luck with the surgery. One thing you might find is that later in life surgeries take a little longer to heal. Be prepared for more than just a few days.

Adrian - I would have figured you'd go shorter in the hot summer and let it grow in the winter. No worries, it's all good. Richard across the street took his brothers motorhome for a weekend to Jasper. They stayed at Wapiti. He says that with the cost of fuel, campground fees, food and entertainment it's almost cheaper to hotel the trip instead of motorhome. His unit holds about 130 L of fuel and is powered by the Ford V10. Apparently it has no guts on hills.

Back to the saltmines for some of ya. Enjoy your day.
Old June 4th, 2018, 08:01 AM

Good luck helping whitey find his home Jim. I’d love a Gulfstream as well, man are they one nice aircraft.

Hope all goes well for you Glenn. Nothing wrong with resting and doing some light chores around the place till you are all healed up.

We bought a new mattress a month ago as our old one needed to retire. Got one with a 120 day trial so you can actually see if you can sleep on it. If not send it back for full refund. I’m not sure it’s the one for me personally.

Probably would have been cheaper with the cost of gas now Allan. The RV that we had didn’t have a problem with power that’s for sure �� was told a few times to “watch it” when taking off on many a drive in it hehe nah I like to get it trimmed but keep growing it. Tink likes my beard that much that now she says that it’s divorce material if I shave it off lmao.

Half way through this night, so far so good.

Take care everyone,

Adrian
Old June 4th, 2018, 09:05 AM

Well, I never made it to the Gilmore yesterday, woke up with a nasty sinus headache that I didn't get rid of until about 1pm. I plan on going there 2-3 times yet this year, But I wanted to get more pics of the prewar classics. I did get out later yesterday afternoon with the camera for a couple of nature shots.
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:15 PM

45/46 Allan, You're getting good
Old June 4th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks for all your concern guys. The surgery went well and was really nothing to it which was what I expected. The doctor spoke with my wife and told her it was whatever the legal name is for a fatty deposit. Of course they will send it to a lab to confirm. I have a small incision on the right side of my chest and no pain yet. The biggest aggravation I am having is dry mouth from the anesthesia. I am drinking lots of water and chewing ice.
Adrian, your wife is 180 degrees from mine on the beard. I hate shaving and since I retired I will go several days without shaving. About the forth day my wife will mention it. She would never tell me I can't grow a beard but after 52 years of marriage keeping her happy is more important than my having a beard. It doesn't help that my daughter doesn't like it either.
Old June 4th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn, it's good to hear you're doing better. A fatty deposit shouldn't have a bad biopsy result, I hope. If the worst that happens is dry mouth I'd probably hit a couple brewskies to solve that issue. Better to have to pee than have a dry mouth.

I hear ya on the beard thing. I couldn't ever get one as full as Adrians, but if I let it go more than 4 days it starts bugging me. We had a discussion about shaving and razors on this thread a while ago. Since then I've found some blades that seem to work well and I can get them much cheaper at Costco than anywhere else. LOL, you still worry about keeping the missus happy. You're a good fella. My missus is more worried about whether I won't wake up one morning and she's all alone. Aging is a beach and it's affected me worse than I thought. And I'm younger than you or Jim.

Looks like an evening T storm heading our way. Skies are the color of pewter
Old June 4th, 2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
And I'm younger than you or Jim.
Says whom?

I played 18 and jes cut 3 acres of grass and before your pop tart is ready, I'll be weed wacking in the a.m.
Old June 4th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well sir, you did. About 2 months ago IIRC. By about 6 years I think.
Good to see you and Glenn are compatible.
Old June 4th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Always room for one more

It was Camaro/Firebird night at the Summit cruise in. And there's always a big Corvette group, they park in the back and don't socialize with anyone else. One Oldsmobile, the yellow 67 W30. Damn it I was going to take a picture.

There's a guy that I sort of know that's been trying to sell his 89 Corvette. Pretty car, Marina blue with a blue interior, convertible, chrome wheels. He wanted 13K for it last year and I thought if he ever got the price down to 10 I'd buy it. Tonight I saw he had 10.5 on the sign. Started looking it over pretty close and it needs quite a few things. I thought, I'd rather buy some ragged out car than one I have to be more responsible with. I never did see him.

So Allan what makes these neighbors idiots? You didn't put up your sign telling potential neighbors what to expect and what you expect, did you.

Glad things went well Glenn. One less thing to worry about.

Okay gonna find something to do, since I have to stay up really late. Hope everyone is doing well this evening.
Old June 5th, 2018, 04:27 AM

Mawn'in

Weed whack, spray

Repeat

Originally Posted by Allan R
Well sir, you did. About 2 months ago IIRC. By about 6 years I think
I did Well if that's the case ya oughta show a little more respect to your elders

I've grown a beard two or three times but I end up looking like Che Guevara. When people would ask, "Why are you growing a bear?" I'd always say, "I'm protesting people asking stupid questions. "

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 5th, 2018, 06:52 AM

Evening all, cool night at work again ��. Glad it went well Glenn and like Allan said I reckon a brewskie or 2 would help with the dry mouth.
So how much under par did ya get Jim? I would have to say I’m probably one of the youngest here on this thread ��.
So turns out some friends of ours are moving next Saturday so I’ll be lugging boxes and the like for the morning then off to a BBQ in the afternoon.
Back to it I guess, take care everyone,
Adrian
Old June 5th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:

When we get into age, I am guessing I am the senior member of this group since I will be 72 next month. I was pretty good yesterday when I was getting prepped for surgery and my blood pressure was good with no medication and my EKG was perfect. Since I am overweight I attribute that to luck and good genes. That must be one small incision they made since I have no soreness or feeling in it at all. The only discomfort I had was the sore throat where they put the tube down my throat. The anesthesiologist came in and she was this young Asian doctor with the sweetest smile and personality. I thought she was a nurse when she first came in. Then I remembered her from about a year and a half ago when I had my colonoscopy. I guess it is that age thing again. The age thing is another reason for not having a beard. I think it adds probably 5 years to my perceived age since it is gray and almost white. Most people tell me I don't look my age and I try to convince myself they are correct. I haven't succeeded in that yet. Of course at my age I really don't care.
We had some strong thunder bumpers yesterday morning as we were leaving and about 2.5 inches of rain. Supposed to have the same this morning so it is a good thing I am on light duty for a few days. I am heading in to have another cup of coffee and some breakfast. Hope all you guys have a great day.
Glenn
Old June 5th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

A bit of wet overnight so everything is watered courtesy of Ma Nature. Thanks Ma! From the way things are shaping up, I think we're in for a really nice day here in the mid 70's. I was already out and wiped down the Malibu and Saturn so they don't have water spots all over them.

My Honeywell smart thermostat had an issue since last week. The outside temperature and forecast wouldn't update. After 2 phone calls and 3 emails the problem is fixed. Turns out all I have to do is put in a different location near me and wait 5 minutes. Then restore my original one. Turns out smart T-stats aren't all that smart sometimes. I really do like having the control app on my phone though. It's really handy to adjust the temperature without even having to get up. Even better to adjust it from the store or car so the house is perfect temp by the time I get in. Technology has its glitches but I guess they are outweighed by their benefits.

Jim, didn't ya notice I addressed ya as 'sir' and I offered a respectable score for your round?? I figure that's being respectful. And when have I not respected ya for being a geezer?

Mike, no I didn't put up a sign. Who does that anyway? Yesterday they bought a new Toro mower and managed to get it out of the box and fired it up, during the rainstorm of course. Who does that? And the packing material is still left all over the front driveway this morning. That's just lazy. Naturally they never thought to adjust the deck height and the grass looks like it was raped by a herd of crazy goats and naturally there are clumps of grass all over the place...Oh, did I mention they left their truck parked on the grass and just cut around it??? If the path the lawnmower took is an indicator of their driving skills, I'd say even a drunken sailor would be a better driver than them. Oh yes, they speak a foreign language (very loudly) and I believe they may convert the house to a mosque. Does that answer your question?

Adrian, you are an in demand sport aren't you? Moving is not one of the things I enjoy, but with a BBQ reward and brewskies afterwards it sounds not bad.

Glenn, LOL I think having a cute Dr would elevate my BP a bit much. I hear ya on the color of the beard adding to the perceived age, which is why I usually shave unless I'm going somewhere I can get a senior discount. You may be the senior member here but you certainly talk like a younger man. You guys probably needed the rain to cool down. Ahh, cuppa koffee. I haven't had a cuppa koffee for months, since I was in Meheeko. Sometimes I miss that but I was drinking waaaay to much and the caffeine isn't good for me. I'm glad you can enjoy that little pleasure in life.

Hmm, London, Jouni and Clint - you guys MIA?

Today is shopping day. The local market has a 15% off the total bill for everything but it's only on the first Tuesday of each month. Well that should bring their prices down to what I can get as regular price at the discount markets. Enjoy your day everyone.
Old June 5th, 2018, 08:02 AM

Allan, I think you and I are one year apart, you being one year younger @60. I don't grow a beard 'cuz I don't want to look like Santa Claus. Well, I made an appointment to see the doc, due to the fact that my wrist is still giving me trouble from the bike crash. Problem is they can't get me in a at decent hour until the 19th. The had a 7:15am time slot next week, but when I don't get home from work until after 11pm, that just doesn't cut it. My 8am appt. isn't much better, half thought about going to a med center. Oh well.
Old June 5th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, I think you're younger as Thursday I'll be 62. Gee, where does the time go to?

I'm sorry to hear that your wrist is still causing you pain. Are you using a compression bandage in the meantime to help give it some support? I hope you're on the short call list in case something comes open sooner.

Last edited by Allan R; June 5th, 2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old June 5th, 2018, 09:46 AM

No compression bandage Allan. Ah, then you are 5 months older than me, as I'll be 62 in November. With all of the aches that I have had lately, I'm starting to feel my age. I generally don't think that I am as old as my age indicates, I generally have an attitude that I ain't a senior citizen, that's somebody else.