The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 6th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Gray and cool here again today. Rain chances later on. Pretty much the forecast for the week it looks like. Not gonna be doing much cruisin this week.

That's a funny story, Jamesbo! Lord.... people just don't think, do they?

Brian is off this week, so no one whining in here!! Clay just told Steve and I that he won't be able to make the golf outing up in New York this weekend. Now I really don't want to be stuck in the car with Steve for a 7 -8 hr. drive. We don't have a darned thing in common, and hardly ever even talk in here!! Him and Clay usually talk sports the whole way up there and back. I'm reeeeaaalllly hoping he decides just to not go since it will only be the 2 of us!! I have car shows I'd rather go to anyhow, lol!! I don't want to go if it's gonna be wet and rainy up there either.

Well unfortunately, Steve still wants to go. Crap!!

Scot.... when do you start your job? Have you heard yet??

I mailed the funny card I got for Blue today, so we'll see if he gets back on here. I practically begged him, lol! Told him we don't care if he doesn't have an Olds anymore - he still has info and lots to contribute!! I really need his humor.......

Well reckon I'll talk to ya later! Gotta go do something......

Paul....... I'm not listening! lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala...... That sounds like an entertaining show ya went to, lol! I'd be like "What??????"

Last edited by cutlassgal; September 6th, 2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: thoughts of winter.............. :(
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda chilly and dank dis mawn'in. De trees are lov'in de rain/ mist we've had de last few days. Things are green'in up a mite.

It's spose to heat back up dis weekend.

I'm on a fish kick. Had sum smoked salmon with capers, onions, chopped boiled eggs and horsey radish on toast points las nite. Yummy

Pat, dis ones fer you.
Old September 7th, 2011, 04:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Going to be another beautimus day here with temps around 78 for the highs.

No Sandy I haven't heard from them yet But then again it sounds like they are going belly up, unless they start charging homeowners to deliver the mail

I hope everyone has a great day

Scot
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I'm glad you are enjoying the cooler temps and rain down south! It's cold here again, dark and cloudy. Looks a lot like depressing gray winter skies already. Supposed to get rain on and off today, so no Chick fil A cruise tonight. Probably no Bellacino's tomorrow night either. We're supposed to have a sunny weekend, and will I be at any shows??? No. I have to go to New York with Steve and golf! Oh well.

Scot.... I've heard rumors about the post office cutting the Saturday delivery. We need post offices - can't UPS Christmas cards and bulk mailings, lol!! I can't see them shutting down post offices, but what do I know? I understand emails are quicker, but people still need to use the post offices. I dunno.

I got the beans froze last night. I might go back and buy some more. Still have a few little green peppers on my plants. I think I may move them into the breezeway. They'll stay warmer. We're not having any sun anyhow, so they won't be missing out on that, lol!! My mater plants are looking mighty crappy now, but still have some little maters on them and some bloom!

Well have a great day all!!
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I know ^^^ but I think they are talking about charging you to deliver your mail i.e. monthly fee like a water bill or something of the sort. Or if you opt out of not receiving your mail @ home, then requiring you to have a P O Box
Old September 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Good one Jamsbo, My wife will remember that.

The gal with the BMW is she blond by any chance?

Back home until next week, sure is nice here mid to low 80's. This is our summer month here in Washington State.
Old September 8th, 2011, 05:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Morning All

Going to be nice again outside today a little warmer but highs only in the low 80's I hope it stays that way for a while

Still haven't heard anything from you know who, so I get a phone call yesterday about another interview elsewhere for better pay initially so I believe I'll attend the interview and see what they have to offer. It is a bit of a commute but I've got to do something soon.

Where is everyone??

Have a good day all

Scot
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:10 AM

Mawn'in all

Yep anutter nice day. Got werk outside today and clean up sum limbs and such.

Scot,

Jes tell em "Show me de money"

Sandy, Had a grilled poke steak last nite, sure was good.

Pat, No she wasn't a blonde [but should have been]

Ya'll have a great day, GTG werkie
Old September 8th, 2011, 06:13 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot,

Jes tell em "Show me de money"
Normally I would but I need a job not shown the door
Old September 8th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another cool dreary dark day here with rain on and off. Won't be any cruisin tonight probably. Here's another whole week of the short show season that has been wasted cuz of the weather. Dammmmmmm it!!

Went home last night and got some house cleaning done. I figure the dust ain't a gonna go anywhere... it will be there after show season is over!

Tonight I have to pack for the New York trip tomorrow. One of the guys up there is bringing his wife's golf clubs for me to use. Like I need more than one, lol!! I have no idea what the different ones do. Last year I just asked one of the guys which one he was using, and I used the same one. Totally different results, though!! I really suck at golf, lol!

Scot..... Yes, go for that other interview!!!! May turn out to be something much better, and you won't have to worry about the place closing a month or two after you get hired, lol!! I hope you get it.

Well they caught the one mouse in here last Thursday when I was off. It was in Brian's plastic file cabinet drawer, and it chomped through the plastic, lol! Started eating some of his folders in the drawer. Steve said Brian freaked out, and they were chasing the mouse around and got it cornered, then called the landlord, and he called an exterminator in. There are sticky traps all around in here too. I hope that was the only mouse!

Brian wasn't too concerned last Wednesday when I was cleaning the mouse droppings and urine off my table over here..... but now it's a big deal cause it affected HIM!!!!! I see he brought in a big can of Lysol spray - he has it sitting over there, and he also printed some "rodent disease" stuff off the internet, lol. It's always about him........ I could come down with some dreaded disease from the mouse, and it would be like "oh too bad". But if he gets sick, it's like the end of the world! He's such a gurl....... The power of suggestion with him is very powerful! Watch him develop symptoms in a couple weeks since he read that stuff, lol! It wouldn't surprise me a bit.... I was complaining about how germy mice are when I was cleaning up the crap over here. God only knows what you could get. I used antibacterial dish soap and my Lysol wipes. I just hope there are no more meeces in here!! Haven't seen any signs or found any nests, and I keep lookin!!

Well have a great day all! Hope you're enjoying the cooler weather.
Old September 8th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Nice and warm he today, I'm liken our sunshine but the days are getting shorter. Its now dark by 8:00 and not light until 6:00.

Have a good day alll
Old September 8th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

It sucks, doesn't it Citcapp.
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Morning everybody, looks like the weather is turning for everyone over there. Some good some bad It is starting to get hotter here and the temps will just keep rising

Well I just spent the last 4 days off tidying up my back garden. As I only sit on the machine at work these days and am not very mobile I found it hard going so I will have a word with my boss and get off it to get some more exercise By the last day it was a real struggle lol I have stopped doing so much over time as well as it is now officially spring it won't be long before everything in my yard is overgrown so I have to make sure that doesn't happen

One of the fitters at work was telling me about his lawnmower engine getting a sticky valve every now and then and to start mine up since it didn't make any loud noises when it started blowing all the smoke. Turns out that is all it was which is a relieve as I can keep my thousand bucks and put that towards something else, like my car

Have fun up in New York Sandy, just remember to have fun at golf and don't look at your score till the end, I find that helps

Have a wonderful day ya'll

Adrian
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM

Dear New York

F-O-R-E
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Dear New York

F-O-R-E
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Cutlass Lover

That's about the size of it, lol!!!!!!! Look out!
Old September 8th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Must be pick on Sandy day, I'll join in. Sandy might want to carry a large sign that says "I'm sorry" you can hold up after yelling fore
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Morning All!

Well I finally hear from the Post Office and I start training next week. So hopefully everything will go well. I am still planning on attending the interview at the other place to see what they have to offer.

Sandy try to score well today, you'll have fun.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All

I'm typing this on my phone, lol. Left my laptop out in Tincanio since I have to put it in Steves car for the trip anyhow.

Its foggy and dreary and humid here. Its gonna be a looooonnnnggggg trip! Not a whole lot to look at on the drive. I hope they have good weather in NY tomorrow. I brought shorts, capris and jeans cuz I don't know if it will be hot or cool there.

Well I better get something done before we leave, so I will talk to ya tonight hopefully!

Have a great Friday all..... wherever you are!
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:16 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili and a bit overcast

Spent most of yesterday on de tractor cleaning up sum woods.

Scot, Congrats on hear'in from Uncle Sugar. Jes take 2 jobs and don't tell anyone.

Sandy, FYI many golf courses won't let cha play in jeans.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old September 9th, 2011, 06:42 AM
CQR

Chili and a bit overcast

Spent most of yesterday on de tractor cleaning up sum woods.

Scot, Congrats on hear'in from Uncle Sugar. Jes take 2 jobs and don't tell anyone.

Sandy, FYI many golf courses won't let cha play in jeans.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
What??? No wonder I don't play that game.

I could see it being a felony to dress like this:

Jeans should be allowed at any venue.

Happy Friday
Old September 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM

No offense to John Daly, but the last time I saw pants like that, the circus was in town!
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:01 AM

That looks like Jamebo on the left. Have a great day all
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
That looks like Jamebo on the left. Have a great day all

are you sure he isn't the one on the right.. .
I see Jamesbo wearing orange more.. .. Got to alert the other golfers of your presence ...
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Hey, I thought this was pick on Sandy Day.
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM

Hey, I thought this was pick on Sandy Day.
I thought you would take my comment as a complement. I knew orange wasn't your color. Pink maybe but surly not orange
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM

Pat,

You laugh. I used to be married to an Interior decorator. [ I call her Madame Nu]

She was always bring'in home strange colored shirts and ties [ mauve, periwinkle, and a bunch of utter colors I didn't knew existed and mak'in me wear them [at gun point]

When she ran off, I took them all and put them in de dumpster.

I only shop at L.L. Bean and the only thing I buy is kakai pants, blue and white shirts [and sum flannel lined pants ones fer de winter] It makes lifr sooooooooooo much simplier.
Old September 9th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Morning all, had some rain yesterday but they say it will be nice and clear today.

Most of the courses I play on are pretty relaxed when it comes to jeans but if they are not then I wear black slacks. Same sort of theory as the clowns above, make the other guy think more about your pants and less about his shot. Black slacks on a course in Australia for most of the year are quite hot but they are the only ones I own and the only time I wear them really so no point in buying any more

Have a safe trip Sandy, just remember to put your cell on silent when your on the golf course. A bad player is one thing but a bad player with a cell phone going off is something else Jamesbo knows all about this

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old September 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Taking a break from the sun. It's in the 90's here. I took the week off and it's been great...a bit of a scorcher but hey, I know what's coming so I'm not complaining (I'll save that for winter).

Car show tomorrow. My last one of the season. I had planned to go to four more but my son's football games at at the same time, so I had to make a choice. Car lost out.

Josh is going to be 14 next month and can get his learners. He want's a older car so we are going to look for a car that will take approximately 2 years to fix up. We'll do that together. When he's 16 it should be ready, but it will be fun to work on a project together. I find I need dang reading glasses to see what I'm doing. Oh well, it will still be fun. A learning experience for both of us and some good quality father-son time.
Old September 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All! Well, I reckon it is Saturday morning now since it's after midnight, so Morning All!

Survived the drive up here with Steve, lol! It wasn't as bad as it could have been, I guess. Had rain all the way through Pennsylvania, but it got nice here in New York. Sun came out, sky was blue with some light clouds and it got up to 81 degrees! I haven't seen the sun since last Saturday!! It was a wonderful thing! I'm like a moth to the flame.....

Supposed to be around 75 degrees here and sunny tomorrow after morning fog, they're saying. Works for me.

Jamesbo..... I ain't a wearing any clothes that look like the picture above, lol. I sure hope you don't dress like that!!!! I'm gonna wear shorts tomorrow since it's supposed to be nice. And yesterday was "pick on Sandy day" lol! Looks like today was all yours!

We got up here to the shop around 4:30, left our office at 10:00. Stopped twice. Then from the shop we went to this little hole in the wall bar with a few of the office and shop guys from here and then 5 of us went out to eat. I am stuffed!!! Came back here to the hotel and took a shower. Got to get up at 6 in the morning, Phil is picking us up at 7:15 and we're going for breakfast. I guess we meet at the golf course at 9:30.

One of the shop guys has a friend with a 76 Buick hearse! He called the guy and the guy brought it over to the shop so I could see it. Pretty cool, lol! It has the rollers in the back of it. I told him he needs to put a box back there and make it look official! I didn't take any pics. Then when we were at the bar, there was a friend of Ron's there with a pretty yellow 51 Chebby pickup. He just got it this spring. Saw a couple old cars go by - guess they had a cruise in tonight. Camera was in the motel room, darn it.

Ken.... Nice to hear from ya! I was wondering about you. That sounds like a wonderful project for you and your son!! It should be fun.

Adrian.... I will turn off my phone! It will be in my purse, which will be in the cart anyhow, so I won't hear it. These guys will be drinking when we get there, so by the time we're on the course ain't much going to bother them, lol!

Well I'm tired so I reckon I will talk to ya tomorrow night sometime! Hope you all have a good day!
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Well this is kinda an odd day. Sandy's play'in golf and I'm not.

I would take her place and gripe 'bout de weather but it's a beautiful fall day down ere.

I got me a meat loaf done so I can have sum meatloaf sandwiches fer lunch.

Ya'll have a wondeful and safe weekend [and stay away from NY sounds like a bunch of drunks are gonna have golf ***** fly'in everwhar.]
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:32 AM

Warm and sunny hear, I'll get the deck stained today and that is the last of the house repairs for this year (knock on wood), then go for a cruise in the 57 the blow the cobwebs out. Love freeway on ramps. BY the way here is the sound of the 57 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_FFB2F8N4

Have a great weekend all
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:39 PM

Morning all, another lovely day down under.

Sounds like your having fun in New York Sandy. Just remember not to let the guys drive your buggy when their good and drunk lol

That meatloaf sure looks good Jamesbo. Could ya email me a bit ?

The 57 sounds very good Pat. I will have to do the same when I finish.

I am hoping I can do the same with my daughter Ken. I don't want her not knowing how to change a tire She already hands me tools when I'm in the shed

Have a great day everybody

Adrian
Old September 10th, 2011, 03:02 PM

Even'in alll

Anutter beautiful day in de mountains.

Pat, She sounds great.

Adrian, Glad ya gett'in an early start wit your pretty helper

A buddy of mine jes brought me over a smoked bear shoulder and sum field corn.

Jes creamed up de corn with sum salt and butter and am gonna have sum bear shoulder, new taters, and cream corn fer supper [Hey, ya needs two starches with bear shoulder]

For reasons I can't explain, I think we're goona get a rather
p-r-o-t-r-a-c-t-e-d post from Sandy in de not too distant future regard'in dis golf out'in
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Jamesbo..... that meatloaf looks great!! Makes me want to make one soon myself, lol! It is soooooo good!!!!

Well it was a great day here. Sunny, and in the high 70's. Just gorgeous!! We had a great time golfing!! Got up at 6:30. We went and had breakfast with a group from the office, and headed to the golf course. I golfed like crap, lol! A few good shots, they told me, but I thought I was pretty bad. The course was wet and mushy, our feet were wet pretty much until we got done. I put my sandals back on.

We had burgers and hot dogs for lunch. When we were done around 2:00, they grilled steaks, had nice little taters in butter, salad, rigatoni, beans and rolls, and a nice cake. I've never ate soooo much in one weekend!!

The guys were drinking before 9:00 this morning. We finally wrapped up the outing around 4 pm, then had to go to a bar, and most of them were still drinking when we left the bar at 7:00. I don't know how they were still standing, lol. I really didn't want to go to a bar, but had no choice. I drank ginger ale at the bar, and bottled water all day. Phil got mad at Steve cause Steve wanted to leave the bar at 7:00, and Phil was watching a game and still drinking, but he was our ride. So it ended on a not too good note.

Steve kept telling Phil that we have to get up early and he has to drive 7 hours home, but you know how they get when they have to quit drinking and don't want to! Steve was pretty put out by Phil's attitude.

I'm tired!! It was nice to see everyone here though. I got a new bird feeder and a beautiful big potted mum as prizes when they picked my name. They always have drawings for prizes before we eat, and Paula really buys some nice things as prizes, and some of the freight companies and places donate prizes and gift cards and things. It's a really nice thing!

So I reckon I'll get off of here and try to get some sleep. I was still awake at 2:15 this morning for some reason, so I'm whipped. I'll talk to ya tomorrow when I get home. Don't forget to remember those we lost on 9-11 tomorrow........
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:08 AM

Mornin' all, headed to a car show at the Gilmore Car Museum with my buddy ('68 442), a little chill in the air, but supposed to get up to 77-78 degree's.
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:16 AM
CQR

Good early Sunday Morning everyone. Have a good time at the show. Getting ready to head out to our first race of the 2012 winter hare scramble series. Not really sure we're ready, but it should be nice and cool this a.m. Hope everyone has a fantabulous day!
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:01 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8pu...&feature=share
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mornin All!

We are on our way home now. Got up at 6 and had hotel coffee... yuck! Phil called Steve last night and apologized for being a drunken idiot last night, lol. Then he came by the hotel this morning and apologized to both of us. I told him I've seen worse, lol. I'm soooooo glad Larry hasn't drank since January!! I don't miss the drunken snorkiness and meanness at all!!!

Its a nice day here. It was 54 this morning and heavy dew on the cars. Their weather here shows temps in the low 60s by the end of this week, and 40s at night! Fall is starting to show itself already.

There is a big car show somewhere past Rome NY today that Ron was telling me about Friday. We've seen a lot of old cars heading that way on I90 this morning... some real beauties, lol!

Well typing on this phone is hard to do with all the bumps, so Ill talk to ya later. Have a good day all!
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:34 AM

It is a good morning here in dallas... Finally got cool temperatures and the humidity is back to normal. I am airing out the house and garage before it heats up.

I do not understand golf at all. Thats a lot of money to spend to knock a little ball around into a hole, just to go over and pick it out again. And WHY those dorky clothes? So they stand out like targets for the other golfers? Geez... Just give me a round of putt-putt for 5 bucks... I can still drive a few into the parking lot over...

Still trying to wake up so i can make breakfast and get myself outside to paint my frame. After that, it is all downhill, providing I get my parts in from John soon.
Can't wait to finish this...