The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yuk, Nothing worse than gas in the stomach. I've never swallowed any though so I can only imagine how awful it is. Hopefully you didn't damage any of your stomach lining. I'd get checked at a clinic just to be safe.

Glenn, that sounds like a decent way to get the fence done. Only thing I found about spraying is a lot of it gets wasted unless you can narrow down the spray area. Gotta admit it gets into small nooks and crannies better than a brush and a lot faster.

Mike, I looked at Oldsmobilecentral.com . They have some listings for 1967 Cutlass models including Cutlass verts. Only thing is most of those are fully finished drivers and they have everything in VG to Excellent condition trim wise and interiors. Most of them listed for big $$ and most of them didn't sell. I think the eBay vendor is wildly optimistic about his starting bid considering the overall condition of the car. Good luck with whatever you decide though.

Good news. I had been storing my boat out at Ted's (RIP) acreage and a guy doing some work on the renovations there saw it. He offered to buy it so is coming by my place today to pay me and pick up the motor. Well that certainly will pay for more than a few tanks of gas!! Life is good. I had been planning to sell it anyway because I just don't use it. This saves me having to list it and wait for a tire kicker to dicker with.

The Malibu looks beautiful again. Nice and shiny, clean glass and a full tank of fuel.

Weather here is absolutely perfect. Close to 70 already but its not spoda get much hotter than 75 today. Clear blue skies and a very gentle breeze. My plants are just loving the last few days. The scarlet runners are leaping into high gear with the heat wave. Weather peeps say that tonight we could have T storms and cooler next couple days.
Old May 24th, 2018, 09:12 AM

Hi Guys,

Yes, I’m still alive!
Busy isn’t quite the word for it but I really could do with ten days in the week.

So, here’s what I’ve been doing whilst neglecting my Olds duties.
My daughters house is about three months from finishing and it’s looking fab.
My new business premises are two or three weeks from finishing and again looks fab.
My slightly large house it starting next month, though I’ve just had the build costs in and I think I might need to hold up a bank!
And the refit of my old business premises starts in three weeks.

Some good news though, my business has been nominated as one of the top five business models in my sector in the entire country. We are going to an awards ceremony next Thursday to see if we can get top place. This is a massive achievement and we are very proud of ourselves.

Tonight we are going to the inauguration of our new Mayor. We finished our charity events for the year last week. Although the final figures aren’t in yet we have raised something in the region of £79000. This will pay for two full time hospice nurses.

Hopefully I will have a bit of time soon to catch up on what you guys have been up to in my absence.
Old May 24th, 2018, 09:58 AM

London, great job with the fund raising. With you being absent, we thought maybe you got caught up in the Royal wedding. I noticed in the highlights of the coverage during our local newscast, that the Jag E type they drove away in, was left hand drive, rather than right hand. Mike, I forgot to mention yesterday, those are Buick wheels on that '67.
Old May 24th, 2018, 01:10 PM

That E type was also converted to electric. someone should be put in the stockade for that
Old May 24th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Hot today and sunny. So much for the rain that was predicted, but I'm not complaining.

As I suspected, the shindig was last night. It was a good meal, and lots of vendors set up trying to sell us stuff under the guise of AMT day specials. It got us out of a couple hours of work, but I still didn't leave early because the lead didn't come back until time to go.

Greg I've done the gas in the mouth thing but never swallowed any. Did you call the Poison Control center? I wouldn't drink anything carbonated.

London if I had kids I'd move to London so they could go to your daycare.

Dan I noticed those are Buick wheels. If I had to guess I'd say it came in with mismatched steelies and those Buicks were something they just had laying around. I did get a picture of the data plate, doesn't say anything earth shattering. They have a price of 7500 on the website, so I'm guessing that's the reserve of the auction.

Allan didn't know your friend Ted had died. If I remember he wasn't in great shape. That's too bad.

Well time to head out. Regular night tonight, no party or goofing off. Two more to go. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 24th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

T storm is brewing. Might be wet here soon so I've fired up the grill and getting some sirloin burgers going. That and some fresh white corn. Mmmmm, mmmm good.

Mike - Yes, it was too bad. He was on vacation in Mexico with his daughter and SIL. He was a few days shy of 75 and you're right. He had been ill for awhile and suffered from a stroke. He passed in Mexico from a heart attack. His daughter was at his side just before he passed. He left a huge void in everyones life.

$7500 seems like a lot of money for a Cutlass in that condition. What do you think you'll do? Make an offer or wait for a June 67 build to show up?? Hope your shift goes well.
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Mike, old car prices can get pretty crazy. $7,500 seems high but if the sheet metal is good that might not be too bad. I hate rust and you can burn through a lot of money when you start replacing floor pans and trunk pans. That could be made into a really pretty car.
Allan you are a man after my own heart of I probably should say stomach. I love cooking out. I was in Home Depot today and had to swing by the section with all the Weber Grill stuff. I found a thing they said was for arranging charcoal but it is just what I need to scrap my new griddle when I am done. I had to have it.
My old butt is tired this afternoon. I sprayed mine and my neighbors fences with Baer waterproofing today. Doing this fence is a nasty job. I got soaked with the power washer and overspray all over me form spraying. I have just a little more to do on the inside of the fence. I am ready to be done. There is a big TriFIve Chevy meet here this weekend that actually started today. Since I will be restoring a 57 Chevy, I think I am going over tomorrow. I might get a few ideas, get enthusiastic and pick up a few things at the swap meet. I am going to call my brother and see if he wants to go. He is more of a woodworker than a car person although he had a nice 55 back in the day.
Old May 24th, 2018, 10:23 PM

someone should be put in the stockade for that
I agree.
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:08 AM

Mawn'in

Cut all the grass yesterday [cemetery, yard, roadside]

The rain that was spose to happen didn't

I used to have an E type [wish I hadn't sold it]. I can't imagine turning the key and not hearing anything

Greg, How ya feel'in?

Allan, Sorry for your loss.

Clint, I woulda come out and had an adult beverage on your porch, but it's a bit of a hike, So I just raised my glass on my porch

GTG family coming

have a great day Olds friends
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:23 AM

It’s always a good feeling when you get all the grass mowed isn’t it Jim 😁

Don’t listen to me Mike but $7500 for a classic car is a bargain 😂

Good to hear the weather has turned for you Allan.

I ended up getting 3 doors hung at my friends house including the door locks and the little surround that stops the door from over closing, not sure what that strip of wood is officially called lol. Also got a platform made for his washing machine and changed a bunch of door handles over in the house since the last owner decided to put a bunch of key lock handles in the rooms but not give him the keys for the locks 😡

Started back at work today, one more day and 2 nights then I can have 4 off to do some more work around the house.

Bed time for me, take care all

Adrian
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:49 AM

Adrian, Door Jamb
Old May 25th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

LOL, so much for the T-storm. The clouds got really really dark, wind picked up a bit and a spit of rain drops, then nothing. Sad. But on the other hand the temp dropped from 78 to 68. Oh well. This morning is bluebird and sunny but spoda get up to the 80's later on. Friggen weather can't make up it's mind what to do and we now have fire bans in place throughout the province because of the past month being so hot and dry. Not even any backyard fires allowed. Propane BBQ's are exempt.

Glenn - You sir are a funny man. You retire and end up working probably harder than when you were otherwise employed. Good luck at the Chevy meet and I hope you get some ideas and motivation.

Adrian - You're also a handy kind of guy aren't you? Your friends there are lucky to know you. Graeme of course would be appalled that someone doesn't know door parts, but then he works with doors and windows all day long. Lol, I think Mike knows about the cost of things in Oz, he has friends down there he visits. $7400 in Oz would be a bargain, but not the USA or Canada.

Gotta straighten out an insurance wrinkle I found out about Tuesday. So far the insurance company in question hasn't been too cooperative returning my calls. Figures, the big whigs who make the decision I need are likely out at the Links pretending to be busy solving problems.

Almost that time again!!!
Old May 25th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Everybody:
Allan, you are correct in that I am working harder than when I was employed. It is like people told me, I don't know how I ever had time for a job. My brother who is 3 years older than me is the same way. No rocking chair for me. I think I spent too many Saturdays at car shows in the last year and got behind on my home projects. Now it is catch up time. On top of that our house is 20 years old and is at that point where it requires more maintenance. Fortunately I am a pretty handy guy. When I get to the point of spreading a load of dirt (probably 3 yards) and putting sod down, I will go over to the labor pool of undocumented workers (got that politically correct didn't I) and hire a couple of them. Some things I won't do and some things I am too old to.
I hope all of you have a good weekend and remember those and their families who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. God Bless Them.
Old May 25th, 2018, 08:58 AM

20 years OLD

Mine was built in 1896 [p.s. I should burned it down not restored it]
Old May 25th, 2018, 12:11 PM

Evening.

So, it was thursday/friday night-shift and weekend? No way I booked friday for my work schedule also Was a great day, now im off from sauna. Just grilled some sausages. And drink few beers.. Still around 80F at mid-day here. Almost like a proper summer

Allan R - Good for you about the boat. For once Canada has "worse" weather than us
Since its colder- and thats really subject thing

redoldsman - Were living at house build at 1947

Jamesbo - I can totally relate to you about " should have burned it not restored"

Ausraven - Yep - 7500$ sounds like a bargain. Sounds almost like a late 80's stw Caprice with 307+200r4....

Okay, great weekend for everyone, hope you enjoy it!
Old May 25th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni - Would you believe that Newfoundland (a far eastern province in Canada) got hit with a major snowstorm yesterday? No kidding - have a look

Snow piles up on a deck in Gander, N.L. on Thursday, May 24, 2018 in a handout photo. A late-spring storm that buried cars in snow and closed a slew of schools in Newfoundland was prompting dismay — and disbelief — from residents along the island's northeast coast Thursday. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO-Randy Conners MANDATORY CREDIT
Old May 25th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Glad it's Friday. I got home extremely late this morning because of a lead who decided we needed to do someone else's work. Well it backfired and we all lost because of it. By the way, I was the guest lead last night for our group. That only goes so far, the other leads can't be bothered but when they think something will make them look good, they start barking at us. Suffice it to say my head about exploded and they best not continue on about it tonight.

I really need to be retired. Glenn good for you getting all your projects completed. I could be off a year and I still wouldn't be caught up. Some of that has to do with trouble being focused.

Maybe that could be my new career. Buying cheep cars here and then selling them for big bucks in Australia. That show I go to every year always amazes me. Cars that are worth about scrap over here have prices north of 10 or 20 grand over there. Of course nothing says they get those prices but geez to even start that high. It boggles the mind.

I'm not sure what to do about that convertible. Won't be anything this weekend, maybe next weekend I'll go up for the day and have a look. It ended on ebay with no bids, again, and is listed yet again, same reserve, same pictures, same everything.

Time again. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Indy on Sunday. What's the pace car this year, Corvette or Camaro. Yawn.
Old May 25th, 2018, 09:07 PM

Newfoundland can have the snow, 'cuz it ain't wanted here. Mike, if you look at that '67, I wouldn't give what he's asking. With no bids, it should be bought for less.
Old May 26th, 2018, 04:16 AM

Mawn'in

Newfoundland, Well their dogs are pretty

Mike, About the car. The question I would have is why did someone start the project and ten quit, Did they find some hidden issues

Along with the barbecue, Please remember our fallen heroes on this holiday weekend

Have a safe and great day Olds friends
Old May 26th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

The washing machine decided to float its own boat yesterday. When the Mrs opened the (front loading) door it was already filled with water!! Apparently the water valve decided to take a dump. I don't know much about washing machines so I called a service repair who got it done in less than an hour. Parts = $140, service call = $80, labor = $65 and tax on top. That water valve has 4 solenoids that control water flow and 4 connectors. To get to it didn't look like fun so I'm ok with the bill. Better than having a flooded laundry floor and basement. With luck it will last another 15 years. Way less expensive than buying a new machine. The repair tech said the new machines have a life span of only 8-10 years so we did pretty good. This one was built before the short obsolescence cycle kicked in.

Grilled some nice thick rib eyes last night for dinner. They were good especially when they're medium rare. I had no problem devouring my half. The Mrs and I share a steak since I do portion control. Probably like someone who's trying to quit smoking - I really wanted more... Glenn, ya woulda loved it.

Dan - That's what I thought too. We got a touch of rain last night but not much. Maybe about 5-10 minutes worth.

Jim - Probably ran out of money. Most people can't afford to do projects like that when other things like family, food, housing and health care come first. Just a thought. Great memorial picture, I honor that sentiment.

Mike - Usually the pics look better than reality. Good luck with your decision.

If you're driving this weekend, be safe.
Old May 26th, 2018, 08:15 AM

Evening.

Got alot of yard-work done today. Now wifes heating sauna.
I think ill rest for now, sip few beers and sit outside on sunshine.

Allan R - Snow?? YUK! And that time of year. I could only imagine my face when id woke up at Morning and first time look from the window.. The disbelief.....

Okay, not much else. Have a day all.
Old May 26th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Did way better at work last night. Wasn't guest lead and actually did an enormous amount of work. Still got out around 3.

The place sent me a picture of the title to that car. It's in their name and the front of the title has the previous owner's name on it. I googled the address and saw a picture of the car in the yard under a tarp. I also got his phone number, I thought I'd call and see if he'd tell me anything.

Overcast today. Rain might come and it might not, so I'm going to get myself together and see what I can get done in case it does. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old May 26th, 2018, 10:21 AM

Allan, there is something worse than gas in the stomach that's gas in the lungs. Yep that's what happened. i should have went right in but I thought i would be ok. Pain seemed to be better but then I coughed up blood and went to emergency room They admitted me and kept me over night. I didn't know the lungs could be painful. They sure can!! Now back home on antibiotics. I am embarrassed about this but I wanted to share it with you in case you decide to do it.... DON'T!!!
Old May 26th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Greg, that's not good news at all. I've never swallowed gas before. Got some in my mouth and that was about it. Of course it made me puke too. I'm very glad to hear you got checked out and they could provide a remedy. Look after yourself and get better soon. Are the antibiotics to help repair the cilia in the lungs?

Mike, that's cool. I wonder if he'll tell you how much he sold it for or how long he had it. From the sounds of things, work is starting to be less problematic which is good for you. I also wouldn't want the headaches that you were describing.

Jouni, good for you! I did my yard work yesterday so today I took the winter tires off the Saturn and put on the summer ones. Getting old makes the job a little more tedious but I got er done. It looks really nice - almost like brand new! Now that the FPR has been in for a week and the cars been driven a bit in town and hiway the IAC seems to have shook hands with the ECM and it's running perfectly.

Gonna take the rest of the afternoon off if the Mrs will let me. She probably wants to go shopping though. Her arm was starting to hurt again last night so if she wants to go, I'll go with her to make sure she doesn't have to lift anything heavy.
Old May 26th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Bahaha thanks Jim for that, I figured someone here would remind me what it was.

Allan I reckon if I can rebuild it, fix it or make it then if I forget what something is called from time to time that's ok

You would know how much people pay for a classic car over here Mike so I'm sure you understand my comment

You must love summer Allan. Always a good night for a BBQ. Our washing machine is one of the top loading ones. Tink and I get it before we were married and so far its still working fine, around 13 years now

Take care of yourself Glenn. Rest up and I'm sure you will be back on your feet in no time.

Time to do some chores around here before I get ready for the night shift, have a good one y'all.

Adrian
Old May 26th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Jim, from the marker that has to be neat house you are living in. I am sure regardless of how many renovations it has had it still required more maintenance. I always kind of wanted to redo an old house but I am too old now. My house is 20 years old and is at that point it is starting to need the first round of maintenance items and minor renovations. The rebuilding of the patio and deck are the only ones that are major. I have been to that wall several times and stood right there. I went to school with two guys whose names are on there. I traced their names the first time I went which was very emotional. The last time I was there was in 2011 and I had my kids and grandkids there. You can go there any day of the week and find a family making their first trip there. I have been at night and it is a totally different feeling. The way the light shine up on the wall gives a certain sense of peace.
Allan, I am going to do some cooking this weekend. I have some ribs and a pork tenderloin in the freezer. I will let you know how it turns out.
Greg, that is a scary situation. I am also glad you got checked out. What octane was the gas? Okay I am just trying to throw a little humor in an otherwise very serious situation.
Mike, I hope you get the car. I think that could be an awesome car. I understand the price has to be right.
I went over to the Lonestar TriFive Chevy meet today. I was hoping they would have a good swap meet but they only had a couple vendors that I can get online. There were not as many cars as I expected but some really nice ones. One guys had all TriFive convertible in a 55, 56 and 57. They were all restomods but very nice and a nice guys. Surprisingly there were lots of Nomad wagons. There was a 57 283 horse fuel injected one with all the options you could put on it. You could not get factory air on the fuel injected cars or the ones with 2 fours. It was hot as heck. The thermometer in my Expedition said 101 when I got back in it. They are saying it is going to be 105 here next week. It is too early for that.
Well, it is not morning but I hope all of you have a safe and great weekend. God bless our fallen veterans.
Old May 27th, 2018, 04:28 AM

Mawn'in

Yep, I've been to the wall to see some friends names several times also.

The thing that strikes me about it is, as you enter and start walking down the path along side the wall, at first you see the reflection of your feet, then your knees, then your up to your neck, then, you're over your head signifying our involvement in SE Asia

Bless all those who fought and died for our country
Old May 27th, 2018, 05:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Very quiet and nice cool start to the day. Not happy with my fasting BG being a little on the high side this morning though. I'm trying to figure out whether I did something wrong or whether this is 'dawn effect'.

I finally got around to changing over the Saturn to summer tires yesterday. Not that it takes long, we just don't use the car all that often. In the meantime I'm keeping the winter shoes on the Sonata so I can wear them out faster. They are really good in the winter but oh so noisy. They're coming off next year anyway regardless of wear due to age.

Jim - that's a sobering reflection. I'm sorry for the losses you suffered, and respect those who have fallen. Thank you for carrying the torch.

Glenn - Y'all can keep that weather. Sounds like you're in competition with the heat Adrian gets in Oz during the winter.

Adrian - Good on ya mate! Yup, almost every night now is good for grilling. I think I need to take the propane tanks to Costco for refilling soon. They have the best price for propane in the area. Local propane vendors are charging around $40/ 20lb tank now. Costco charges by the lb, and most of the time it only runs about $12-14. Last year it was only $9.00 max to fill an empty tank. This fake gas shortage has driven prices through the roof. It's a good thing you did your touring with that gas guzzling motorhome when you did. It would be horrendous now.

The house next door finally sold. I wonder what kind of new neighbors we'll get. Hopefully they own a lawnmower...and aren't party animals.
Old May 27th, 2018, 08:03 AM

Afternoon everyone. Or its evening almost already.
What a boring race at Monaco F1. Well, its all about the qualifying on Monaco.

Weve been grilling whole weekend now. Tho we use coal or wood, not gas to grill.
Did good steaks and sausages today + corn on grill, yum

Okay. Got some more yard-work done today, and cleaned my heads. Still not 100% sure do i resort to buying alumnium heads which are all the rage right now, or recondition my 7A ( 350 ones) heads. Well, ive already gave up getting it to road this year after machinery told that they havent even started on my parts yet.. Well, next year, for sure, im driving it!

Have a good sunday all.
Old May 27th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Solved most of the world's problems at the Awful house this morning. Well, I was there long enough to have done that. Nice out still, gotta get something done before more rain comes.

So for whatever reason I found myself on page 221 of the Good Morning thread. This was for the week of March 4, 2013. Don was still here, Sandy was still here, Darrell, John, Scot were all still here. The issues at hand were colonoscopy's, reading glasses, mowing, snow. Jamesbo was about to meet with a Jewish funeral director, Clint's sister in law just had a baby, and I of course still worked in the other department.

I just read that the Arizona Memorial has closed. Seems that after only 56 years it has developed cracks where the boats dock with the people. That's one place I'd like to go. I also read that the Navy is thinking about going down and removing all the oil that is still leaking and coming to the surface. I think they should leave it.

Okay day is half done, best get doing something. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old May 27th, 2018, 09:12 AM

Allan I’ve been seeing the gas prices from your end of town from the facebooks pages I follow, your not wrong about traveling when we did. At the current rates we would have run out of money by Edmonton and had to get jobs to pay for more �� Here’s hoping your new neighbours are nice mate.

Inline when I rebuilt the engine in my 98 I rebuilt the heads and put hardened seats in the exhaust ports so I could run unleaded with no problems. Paid around the same for the machine work and parts required to rebuild them. I just bought all new valves, springs, seals and rockers from summit and shipped them over.

Nearly finished my first night shift, just grabbing a bit to eat while we wait for the autoclave to blow down so we can unload and reload it. Only one left for this shift.

Take care all,

Adrian
Old May 27th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Everybody:
Been a little lazy this morning. I have a few things to do outside today but won't spend too much time out there due to the heat. I told my wife I thought I might cook a pork tenderloin today the natural way. She asked what I meant and I said I was just going to put it outside in the grill and let mother nature cook it since it is so dang hot.
Inline, do you mean coal or charcoal? Here is a trivia/history question that probably most of you know the answer to. Just give me you answer without doing research. Where was Kingsford Charcoal started?
Have a good day everybody.
Old May 27th, 2018, 12:58 PM

What do I win?
Old May 27th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Jim, it was a pretty easy question wasn't it. Old Henry was pretty smart. The prize is a pair of Kingsford charcoal briquets.
Old May 27th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Always room for one more

I thought it was Mr. Ford and Mr. King who invented it together. Though if that were the case then it would be called Fordking.

Got half my mowing done and got tired of Tiger trying to bite the mower all the time so I put him in the house. Well, I sat down for a minute and fell asleep for an hour. Did finally finish up. Now I'm gonna go change the oil in the dogmobile. I need to change the trans fluid too but that will have to wait. The owners manual says the trans takes 7 quarts. That has to be for a teardown. I'm just replacing what's in the pan.

Opened a box of Frango Mints that my sister had gotten me. There are 45 pieces in a box, and I bet half or more will be gone by the time I go to bed tonight. That stuff is like crack.

Okay still daylight.
Old May 28th, 2018, 03:06 AM

Mawn'in

Soon as it gets light [and the rain quits, it's gonna be weed wacking day

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Jim, it was a pretty easy question wasn't it. Old Henry was pretty smart. The prize is a pair of Kingsford charcoal briquets.

Great, I can grill me up a few Krystals

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 28th, 2018, 05:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Anutter hot one on the way today. I'd gladly take the rain y'all are complaining about. I have the water going in the back yard now trying to keep the grass from turning ugly. I built a trellis for the scarlet runners. It's almost 8' high so it should do the trick. Everything here is so late to bloom. My Iris's which have normally bloomed and withered by now are just starting to grow, same with the day lilies. Only the ornamental lilies and a few other perennials are showing signs of normal growth. Must be the unusually long cold winter.

Yesterday my son interviewed for a promotion at work. I hope he gets the job. If not he'll be looking elsewhere. Working PT isn't going to solve a lot of his financial future.

Off to Costco today to get the propane tanks refilled.
Old May 28th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Overcast and spitting rain here and there. But it's cool, a little muggy but not overpowering. Won't be much to do outside, though.

So I tried to change the oil in the dogmobile yesterday and couldn't get the drain plug out. Nothing fit the plug. Finally crawled my fat head under there and looked and the plug is rounded off and now is sort of an oblong shape. Funny, I don't remember having this trouble last time, maybe I just got lucky. Well, gave up a little too easily and will go get a new plug, and get the old one off with vise grips.

Thought I'd get creative since I couldn't get that guy on the phone. The picture of the title the place sent me for the convertible had the previous owner's name and address on it, so I sat down with pen and paper and wrote an old fashioned letter longhand. Said please call me I'd like to ask you about this car. We'll see if it gets me anywhere. You know how long it's been since I've written a letter?

Okay gonna find something to do. Most likely painting stuff in the bedroom. The couch is comfy, but I miss my bed. Gotta work on that. Have a good day everyone.
Old May 28th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Olds Friends:
On this date many people say Happy Memorial Day and I know their intentions are good. I would prefer to say have a respectful Memorial Day. When we think of what this day actually is, it is not a happy occasion. I responded to a Memorial Day thread (there are two) a few minutes ago.
Jim, I love the picture. I wish we had Krystals in Texas. I was glad when we got In & Out Burger but that is certainly different from Krystals.
Allan, it sounds like you are quite the gardener. I hope the son's interview goes well. I know you will be cooking today. I think I am going to do some ribs.
Mike, I am impressed you actually wrote a letter. My penmanship is so bad nobody would be able to read it. I would have to type it out on my computer and print it. I wrote a lot of letters when I was in Viet Nam but that was a long time ago.
Enjoy the holiday guys.
Glenn
Old May 28th, 2018, 09:46 AM

We've got the same heat over here Allan, too warm for my taste, 'posed to hit 88° I also have some Iris' getting ready to bloom. My mom had Iris flowers that came from plants that were from her childhood. About 50 miles south of here, we had family, and an old house that she lived in when she was a kid. In the early 70's she had me help her dig some of the plants up to take home, by then that old house had been abandoned, and was falling down. About 15 years ago, she gave some of the bulbs to my sister, who now has some of that same flower stock at her place. I would reckon that the original plants go back to the 1930's when my mom was growing up. I went to the Cemetery yesterday, to make sure that there was a flag on the gravesite of my dad (and mom), plus put some flowers there as well. Did that yesterday, as I am working today.