The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2018, 02:24 PM
MOTORHEAD

nice day today

Wow good 4 once
Old May 15th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Man did I sleep good today. Got to bed a little after 4 and slept undisturbed until 1230. I'm wondering what Tiger was doing because he didn't want to go out, and didn't want his breakfast during this whole time. Managed to get back to bed for a little while before my feet became play toys.

It rained here during the day but I don't think much. Sun was out a little while but now it's clouded up again. Very mild out. Nice, actually.

Glenn good luck with the surgery. I have a procedure scheduled for that same day. Don't think it will be as pleasant.

Jamesbo I don't know what limitation you're talking about. How about I add you to the mailing list of the club so you don't forget you want one.

First of three this week. Getting ready to go to my Mom's, I'll have an extra day so maybe I'll be able to finish the room I started painting before Christmas. I'm gonna spend my time there over the summer doing outside things.

Okay headed out. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 15th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn, that sounds like the surgery I had done on my back, only it took about 45 minutes. Only problem I had was I couldn't do the dressing myself because of the location. Be prepared that the wound will need cleaning every day and antiseptic application. You'll be fine.
Old May 15th, 2018, 07:46 PM
MOTORHEAD

Old May 16th, 2018, 01:33 AM

Mawn'in

Well the (%(&^)(*() cat stepped on the alarm clock on the night stand, so I thought it was time to get up and get the Super Mode off to exercise

WRONG It's an hour early

Mike, Sure put me on the list

Glenn, Good luck with the knife. I have this thing on my back that every doctor [but one] said, "If I cut it out, it'll just come back. " Guess what the one that said it wouldn't was wrong

We got a little rain, glad I mowed cause I've got a funeral Thursday and Friday

I guess it's now time to wake the Super model, Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 16th, 2018, 04:36 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline, Sorry you can't see the picture. Must be a copyright thing between countries.

Jamesbo, could be worse, could be an hour late...

Allan, I'm impressed.

Glenn, Hope the surgery goes well.

Well my buddy picked up the wheels last night. He says they look good. The missus got the results back for the skin problem shes had keeping her from getting her surgery. It's a chronic skin condition that is not contagious so thats good.

Its graduation season. the town is gonna be a disaster today. red rocks is having 3 graduations today and 3 tomorrow and 3 on friday.

Have a day all.
Old May 16th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo's pancake du jour

Good morning everyone,

A much cooler start to the day with overcast and a pleasant breeze. Last 2 days the small garden has been going nuts with plants popping through the soil. I bought and planted a small yellow (cherry) mater plant yesterday.

Today the neighbor who owns a lawn maintenance company is going to come over and aerate the lawns gratis. I'll give him some $$ anyway so he can treat his kids at DQ or something.

Jim - how many Dr's does it take to be right? YOU have ta git up ta wake de supermodel for her exercise class?? No wonder I'd lose de bet. Let her wake on her own an I would say the run is over.

Clint - bet you can hardly wait to get those on Brit. They look really nice. Is the rubber in any decent shape or do they get tossed?

Mike - you must be getting exhausted to get that good sleep. Nice of Tiger not to wake you.
Old May 16th, 2018, 07:15 AM
CQR

Allan, I'm having my buddy take the tires off before shipping. I wouldn't trust them and It'll be easier(and cheaper) to ship without the tires.

Here's my Granddad's 67 with those wheels.
Old May 16th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

They'll look great on Brit. Yeah, I get how much easier it is to ship without rubber on them. Are they 15"? The picture suggests they are very old stock with the F series sizing on them, unless they''re repros. You're right though, they're probably not that safe.

EDIT: D'oh!!! I just realized F 70 14
Old May 16th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning to All:

It will be in the 80's today and nothing beg planned. Going to continue on my past due yard work. I seem to be trying to come down with a little bit of bronchitis. I had my CPAP mask back on last night so I didn't snore and that seems to have helped. I am not hoarse this morning. I had a good lunch yesterday with my friend and former coworker. Thanks for the concern from you guys about the upcoming surgery. I have zero concern about it. Jim I the doctor didn't say anything about it coming back. It doesn't bother me at all. Have a good day my Olds friends.
Old May 16th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning to All:

It will be in the 80's today and nothing beg planned. Going to continue on my past due yard work. I seem to be trying to come down with a little bit of bronchitis. I had my CPAP mask back on last night so I didn't snore and that seems to have helped. I am not hoarse this morning. I had a good lunch yesterday with my friend and former coworker. Thanks for the concern from you guys about the upcoming surgery. I have zero concern about it. Jim I the doctor didn't say anything about it coming back. It doesn't bother me at all. Have a good day my Olds friends.
Old May 16th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn: Double double your your pleasure pleasure, double double your your fun fun....

Old May 16th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Fixed, I hope

Looks like the new fuel pressure regulator has fixed the warm/hot hard start condition on the Saturn. I had played with one at the boneyard so I knew basically what to do. Still, I made a couple small bonehead mistakes taking the old one out and some of the pieces are somewhere on the back of the engine block where I can't see them. They'll get a free ride till they fall off or get pressure washed outta there

It required undoing and moving the throttle cable/bracket, PCV and intake air hose. The clamp is way better than having to use snap ring pliers in a small space. Unfortunately the old spring clamp fell somewhere in behind the block. Fortunately the kit has a new one. The new FPR isn't exactly the same as OEM but I got it to fit by spraying a bit of WD40 on the O rings and then using a 1/2" socket to push down on the top to seat it into the fuel rail. Clamp on, vacuum line on and test for leaks. So far all is good. Reconnect everything else and test drive. I'll monitor it for a couple days to see how it works and ensure no leaks.

Working around raw gas makes me feel bad so I'm hiding inside for awhile till my system doesn't feel like puking anymore.
Old May 16th, 2018, 11:10 AM

So, My bookkeeper tells her hub makes a deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet.

Soooooooooooo, it flung a crav'in on me I need t stop before I funder on pizza
Old May 16th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another successful day of sleeping. I'm trying for a job that is dayshift, I don't think I'd know how to act being able to sleep at night, every night.

Another question for the all-knowing. When did the Super Stock wheels come out? And were the Super Stock II wheels in grey always a thing or did they start in 1970? Yes I'm asking because if I get a 67 I'd put some Super Stock wheels on it.

Jamesbo if you make that pizza I'll be right up. Never had frying pan pizza before but it sounds good. Heck, bad pizza is still good pizza. So good pizza is phenomenal.

Overcast and a little rainy today. Maybe the rain is what keeps Tiger from wanting to move around. I'd love to hear it on a metal roof but I think that would drive him berserk.

Time for work. It's hump day, and hump day. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 16th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hm, in my proofreading it sounds as though I'm calling Jamesbo's pizza bad. I certainly am not. Just saying that even if pizza is bad it's still pizza.

Here is my pizza of choice, that I drive an hour for when I can.

Old May 16th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

The best pizza I ever had was in New York when I worked up there in the 90's (I actually commuted back and forth every week for 2 1/2 years). It was John's Pizza on Bleaker Street. I can remember going over there with a couple of my buddies who also did the commute when it would be cold outside. We would get a #32 with extra garlic and a pitcher of Sam Adams. Man it was good. Here is a link.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/johns-of-bl...eet-new-york-2

The other place is Johnny's Pizza in north Louisiana. It started off in a hole in the wall place back in the 60's across from the university. Their Sweep The Kitchen is incredible. I haven't had one in a long time but the next time we go to Monroe I am having one. Another link:

https://johnnysph.com/products/sweep-the-kitchen-pizza/
Old May 16th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Super stock wheels came into being in 1966 as option P05. They were chrome with black insets, also known as SS1. In 68/69 Olds advertising called the SSII and SSIII 'Custom Sport Wheels" - see below. The 5 inset reveals were also painted silver instead of having a trim ring when they first came out.

From 1967 Olds brochure, showing the SSI at top right

The SSII were always argent color and they were RPO N66. The SSIII were identical looking wheels but were keyed to the body color and were RPO N67. That's the only real distinction between SSII and SSIII.
I believe it was in 1975 that the SSII and SSIII changed from a bolt on center cap to snap on.

Olds also offered the SSIV, but it was for the 15" appearance package only on 1971/72 Delta Royale series. Spectacular looking polycast wheel.
Old May 16th, 2018, 10:05 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Its thursday and im at home? Bend my ankle at work so well yesterday, that i got 5 days minimum of rest meaning no weight or use with that feet, and then i can return or not return to work from my own will. Doctor told it takes 2 to 8 weeks to cure fully. Damn, im going to work on monday, ill buy ankle-support. Getting nuts at home.

Otherwise, its been great week. Been around 80F whole week, which is unheard of here at May. Love it.

Pizzas,.. Yum- i like them. I quess best pizza ive ever eaten has been on Portugal. And funnily the By far worst pizza ive ever eaten was at Venice, Italy. That was disappoinment especially to my wife since she had been waiting for ever, and it was our honeymo... er week

Id love to get 15x8 SS 2 or 3's to back of my car. Ive came to conclusion it would look best on my car. What ive read, someone was making them at some point, but not anymore.

Okay, have a day all. Forecasts calling around 80F for today aswell
Beer has never tasted better
Old May 17th, 2018, 02:23 AM

Mawn'in

Might get a thunder boomer during today's funeral

Mike, to further confuses the situation, The video in the 70 W-30 convertible thread shows SS I's being available that late. I thought the I and II's overlapped in 68 A III is a II painted body color. Most of these are 14"

FWIW there's a one year only 15" II with bolt on centers while 15" snap on centers [later] are fairly common and there's the 15" bolt on center with true chrome rings that aren't snapped on for the H/O

Let me know what ya need, I have a few extras

Allan, You'll be happy to know, I'm making [rather square] raisin bread French toast

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 17th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Rain here overnight and still cloudy and threatening. I doubt it'll come to much though. The little moisture we did get is welcome but we need some real soakers so feel free to send them our way. It's been much like Finland here it seems....

Jim - Good for you. I'd love to see it and taste a piece! Just an FYI, the SSI was available through the 1972 year as RPO P05. Actually the 15" SS wheels aren't that common, they're quite hard to get now, but the 14" are pennies a dozen.

Jouni - Sorry to hear about your ankle injury. Be careful about not heeding the Dr's advice though as you could aggravate the problem. A week to heal isn't much especially if you end up making it worse by going back to work early. A brace can only do so much.

Heading to the dentist this morning to start on a new crown. I have so many of them I feel like royalty when I walk in his door. I'm sure I helped pay for his house and wife....

Have a wonderful day.
Old May 17th, 2018, 09:37 AM

Wonder if Dan got his puter back and running again...
Yes. Just got back on here after deleting a ton of emails. Allan, stop playing with your food. I buy pizza dough that has to be rolled out and let set a bit before using, and I make my own pizza sauce. Ya gotta head over to the FB cast iron cooking site, they cook everything in cast iron. Got a quote to have my A/C replaced, $1929.00. Not too shabby. One guy was supposed to give me a quote on Monday, never showed, never called. Guy #2 showed yesterday, and is getting the job.
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:44 AM

Yeah, I belong to that FB cast iron cooking site way back when I used ta get e-mail notifications of new post. Before I could turn the sucker off, i had 100 e-mails
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome back Dan!

So was the AC replacement for everything including new lines and coil? Less than $2K sounds too good to be true. What brand of compressor is going in? I went with Ameristar back in 2015, it's a lesser known subsidiary of Trane and uses all the same components the higher end Trane models use. I bought it through Home Depot and it cost $4K at the time.

No thanks on the FB Cast Iron thing. I like doing my pizza and other cooking my way. I did have an out of body experience with deep dish Chicago style pizza back in 76 or 77 when I was living in Dayton. A group of us went downtown and chowed down. Back then our tapeworms were more active and it took almost 2 slices to fill me up. Those things were HUGE! and were the best pizza I ever had. We had to move on home before 6:00 pm though because the hood where the pizza joint was had a bad rep for anyone caught on the streets after 6:00 pm. Needless to say we heeded that advice.
Old May 17th, 2018, 03:15 PM

Me thinks there ain't no cast iron in Canada, It was all left at the base of Chilkoot pass
Old May 17th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sunny all day and it chose to start raining when Tiger needed to go out. Well, it gets us in the house a little quicker and me off to work a little earlier.

Did I say work? Friday already. I miss the days when I worked 3 every week. And I want to go to a shop that works 5 in a row? I must be mad. We have the newest clueless lead tonight, so I know I won't be out early. Too bad, I need to get up and drive to Florida tomorrow afternoon.

Jamesbo I think I know someone from up that way. No-nookie. The eskimo lesbian No-nookie the Klondike.

So the guy just texts me that has had the Tigermobile all week. No he still hasn't worked on the AC. I said I'm just going to come get it because I need to take it to Florida tomorrow. He's a good mechanic and cheep but unreliable. Now we won't have AC in the car. Maybe I can have it looked at down there.

Time to hit the road. One more for the rest of you. Have a good evening everyone.
Old May 17th, 2018, 10:21 PM

Here ya go Allan. They said that the lines rarely fail, and that my existing
lines should be good, we'll see after the line test. These guys were recommended
by a co worker, who was pleased with their price and work.

We hereby submit specifications and estimates:

1- AMERISTAR 13 SEER M4AC30241000AA CONDENSER

1- UNCASED COIL

1- CONDENSER PAD

- INSTALL A NEW COIL ON EXISTING FURNACE
- REPLACE EXISITING CONDENSER
**LEAK TEST LINE SET, IF OK USE EXISTING

Last edited by 1969w3155; May 17th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.
Old May 18th, 2018, 02:27 AM

Sorry, I printed in your box my mistake and had to delete it [ mod FU]

Round sausage and biscuit day

Got te cemetery mowed betwix showers late yesterday, Oh dark thirty and time to get the Super model out de door to exercise.

Me? I'm gonna start weed whacking first light My least favorite thing to do

Got another funeral dis afternoon.

Yesterday, Liuz [ my wonderful house keeper for 20 years] brought me some home made enchiladas. Yes, I can make them but not anywhere close to the speed she can whip them together. Makes her own sauce [ no canned stuff] Verde or regular take your pick.

Another way to cook a deep dish pan pizza is to use a spring form pan, easier to cut when the pan ain't in the way. Now, that's a GREAT idear, I love the info I get from this forum

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 18th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Beautimus morning here. Cool but bright sunshine and a promise of 70° later on. I'll take it. Gotta head out to Costco around noon to get the new shoes on the Malibu. Who woulda thunk Dodge Dart alloy wheels would fit a Chebby? But they do, right down to the Centerbore, bolt pattern and offset. They look really good too (17") I had to buy new chrome locking wheel lug nuts though because the GM ones are designed for bolt on wheel covers.

Dan - That's virtually the same unit I have. It works really well and I have had no issues with it. I'm guessing that my added cost (other than $C) were running compressor lines, wiriing, and also refitting the plenum on the furnace for the coil, and plumbing the condensation line. When we replaced our furnace last year they also had to make a new plenum for the coil and reconnect the plumbing; they didn't charge for that and did a great job. BTW, did they tell ya what was wrong with your puter?

Well the crown prep the dentist did yesterday is still a little on the tender side and he did say not to use it for serious chewing. The permanent crown will go in on May 31.

Jim - y'all must be dedicated to gettin de SM exorcised. Weed whackin at first light? ya must be popular in de hood.

Mike - too bad about the slow mechanic. Safe travels. It's gonna be nuts on the road if you guys have the same holiday weekend we do.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old May 18th, 2018, 07:59 AM

Evening.

For starters -

CQR - I went reading few pages back, and now somehow saw your picture. REALLY COOL wheels! What are those????

And hello for everyone else too. Been windy and on the verge of raining, but it turned out for sunny blue sky for evening. Nice. Did eat some good steaks for dinner, and otherwise been just resting at sofa.

Jamesbo - Ive never eaten Enchiladas, but often been wanting to. Maybe one day i will. Problem is i cant find them anywhere here

Allan R - I like to cook on cast-iron, absolutely best. After grill..
But im not part of any group, nor even FB

Okay, have a great weekend everyone!
Old May 18th, 2018, 08:18 AM

Allan, they said that it just needed a cleaning. The day that I took it in, I was going to come on here, but the computer never came on. I use Windows Essential, which runs once a week, plus Xfinity's malware/spyware.
Old May 18th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Friday Morning to Olds Friends:

Somehow I missed posting yesterday. Hot here again today. I am still working on yard work I have neglected when I was not retired. I finished pruning the Magnolia tree in the back yard yesterday. I have to be some of the limbs to the street today with the others that are already out there. I will bag the small ones. Probably be washing windows after that. My brother came by yesterday and we went and got my power washer out of the warehouse. I have not used it in several years so the carb is gummed up. I will pull it off this morning and soak it. I need to power wash my fence and re-stain it. I just keep chipping away at all these home projects. I am trying to get most of this stuff done before I start on the big one which is rebuilding my patio and deck. The concrete patio has dropped and cracked (it is on a slope). I built a 10' x 20' deck years ago and attached it to the patio. Now it has dropped in the opposite direction. I am going to demo the concrete and build a whole new deck. Big project.
I bought a cast iron griddle to go on my Webber Grill a couple weeks ago. You actually take one of the grates out and put the griddle in it's place. I cooked fajitas on it a few nights ago. I did the onions, bell peppers and chicken all together. I got good reviews from the family and myself. Sprouts has the chicken and beef already marinated.
I have to get going and get the carb off the pressure washer and soaking in my carb cleaner. Hope everybody has a good weekend.
Glenn
Old May 18th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

As suspected, last night was rather trying. The clueless lead started out by screwing up all the printers and we got a rather late start to our evening. I rode with another guy and he'd call us all night long, usually calling one when he wanted the other. He kept asking if we had the paperwork to Ship 665. We must have told him 8 times that we didn't. Then after 3oclock he says drop everything you're doing and come to this plane, it has a problem that needs to be fixed ASAP. We said, didn't anyone know about this earlier? We get the deer in the headlights look. How he got to be lead is anybody's guess.

So got home late, told Tiger to get me up at noon, so he gets me up at 10. Go back to sleep and he gets me up again at 130. Had a text from the guy with the car and he says the compressor is bad. All this has led me to decide I'm leaving for Mom's early in the morning. It's kind of hot and muggy here, and it won't get better going to Florida, so traveling in the early hours will be easier on the both of us. Plus I'm just not feeling it. I'll get a few things done and go back to bed early and get up early.

Allan our holiday is next weekend. Won't be traveling then. Ah, that's probably why gas went up 17c. Getting a jump on the travelers.

Well gonna go do something. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old May 18th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Always room for one more

Well here I am again, it's 0'Dark Thirty. Pretty much ready to go, just have to get a few things out to the car.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'll be back Monday evening. Not sure if it will be in time for the cruise in, oh well. See ya's.
Old May 19th, 2018, 02:34 AM

Mike, Seems like we're going in different directions

Headed norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old May 19th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Safe travels Jim and Mike.

Glenn - It sounds like you're taking on some really big projects. Don't overdo it.

Well yesterday was a semi bust. The wheels I bought for the Malibu didn't fit. Right size, wheel bolt pattern, offset, and centerbore. Problem is the machining on the centerbore isn't deep enough for the hub on the Malibu. RATS!! I've since listed them for sale and am sourcing out new wheels for the winter tires. Now I have all summer to find them though. I have to say it was really frustrating. I found some wheels on line that I KNOW are direct bolt on since they're chevy wheels from the same car, only they are all the way on the east coast. Price is really good but likely shipping will kill the deal.

London - You're prolly watching or participating in the latest Royal wedding? I saw on the news that a lot of people gathered for that. Personally I'm not a Royal watcher and it's no big deal to me. People get married all the time but for some reason I don't really understand, the Brits have a love affair with these weddings. Hmm, I don't remember any pomp and circumstance when Charles married Camilla. But then I suppose they're not as popular as William/Kate or Harry/Meghan.

Gotta cut the grass today and watch stuff grow.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old May 19th, 2018, 11:21 AM

Well. it rained all night and into this morning, making the grass too wet to cut. Fog rolling in from the big lake. I'll do another load of laundry, and mop the bathroom floor.
Old May 19th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Dan, I get the impression there's no Mrs Dan to help you do any of that indoor stuff.
Old May 19th, 2018, 01:27 PM

Hey Dan, I get the impression there's no Mrs Dan to help you do any of that indoor stuff.
Well, uh , no. They do come in handy, don't they? Well, the sun came out, and I can cut the grass.
Old May 19th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Today worked out well. I posted the Dart alloy wheels on line yesterday evening. Got about 4 people interested in them this morning. Only 1 had cash in hand and came over to pick them up. They'll make his wifes 2013 Dart look a lot sportier. Also sold him the set of chrome wheel locks I bought for them.

In the meantime I have a line on another set of wheels that are GM and specific for the Malibu at a lot less $$. Sent an email but no reply; I guess that's because we have a long weekend here.