The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan - Sorry to hear you got injured. I hope the jerk at least stopped and apologized. BTW, I think Cremation Urn prices are related to the type of material they're made from, and who the vendor is. I saw some that were $20, and others north of $400!

Glenn - Congrats on your Anniversary! There's a few of us that picked the right one the first time. Feels good doesn't it? Nice pics of the show, looks like there were quite a few Oldsmobiles, and it was hard to pick just one or 2 I'd love to drive home.

Mike - It's a nice project car but will need a lot of work in the long run. It's a club coupe, which is the lower trim line of the CS models. Some people like the post look better than the Holiday coupe look. As Dan pointed out it is a 5V car on the cowl tag. 06C doesn't necessarily make it your birthday though. The only way to find out what day the car actually started its build at Lansing Fisher Body Works is to find a broadcast card in it somewhere. I hate buying stuff unseen in person. Too many times I've read about guys who bought based on pics, and the pics were waaaay better than reality. I checked oldsmobilecentral.com ? I looked and there were some really nice offerings in much better shape for $3k - $8k. I get you're looking for a 'birthday' car but I don't think I'd hang my hat on that one in Chicago. At (current bid) $3050 it's overpriced as is. You probably saw the dash has been hacked all to heck and I think it's going to need a LOT more than the seller says -
all it needs is a patch on a quarter panel all new front and rear suspention ball joints and shocks
Old May 7th, 2018, 02:44 PM

We don't sell anything a funeral home does. We do have some [over priced] IMHO urns to plant with a tree in them [picture cardboard cylinder with 3 plastic bags] dirt, neutralizing stuff and mulch,

Since we only allow biodegradable caskets and urns,"OCCASIONALLY" some one will bring us a fancy urn and say, "bury" or "scatter" the ashes. When that happens we take the ashes out of the urn and either bury or scatter them. I usually give those old "recycled urns " to families that don't have any resources. I can save you one or two but it may be a while

I guess i have to ax, Why do you need/want and urn? If it's for the mantle, I might caution you that sooner or later, someone is gonna take it to the closet, then the attic, the the basement, the the garage.

Again, IMHO the relative newness of cremation hasn't fully sunk in on people. Ya need ta find a permanent place for ashes our future generations are gonna have to build a few extra rooms to hold generations of ashes

We bury them all the time in the cardboard box funeral homes provide for free, Sometimes families will decide to bury them in wooden humidors, pillow cases or even Crown Royal sacks

That's what I did with my step sister a few months back. The marker company dug a little larger hole under the base and placed the cardboard box of ashes under the marker when they set the marker

Hope that helps. BTW if one of these large corporately owned funeral homes tries to make you buy a vault for ashes, Tell the "phugue you" THAT's just crazy
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Always room for one more

So the mower does pretty well. One early fault is the cheap plastic chute that clips under the side discharge flap so the grass will discharge and not mulch. It doesn't have anything to hold it on and I think I had to stop two dozen times to put the thing back on. It was the same on my last mower. One time I didn't notice it had come off and I ran over it and chopped it up. Then I took the flap off and that was that. I think I'll write to Troy Bilt and complain.

I saw that that car is a post car. I don't really care what it is, so long as it has the right date. I'm not necessarily hung up on this car, but it's as close as I've seen so far. I did hear from the guy again and he said the price is 8000, that's him breaking even. Hate to tell him what he has in it and what it's actually worth are two distinctly different animals. He said he'd look under the back seat for a broadcast card. I'm not so much concerned what I'm going to put into it, but I want something worth the money to start out with. By the way I would most definitely fly up to The City That Works to check it out in person.

So Tiger is home and he's happy as can be. He ran around the yard doing about 80 and came in and drank lots of water. Then took his spot at the window to make sure we were safe from squirrels. The house feels much better now. I think I'll leave him home from Summit, it's just too hot out and the Tigermobile needs its AC charged, and I haven't made up the swamp cooler yet.

Glenn the happiest of anniversaries to you and the lovely Mrs. Glenn. That's a rare feat these days to be together that long. Many happy returns of the day.

Okay gonna shower up and take in the cruise in. I'll report back if there's anything of note.

Last edited by slantflat; May 7th, 2018 at 03:27 PM.
Old May 7th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, it sounds like you have a good handle on the car. IMHO it's way overpriced at $8K. You're spot on about the valuation vs amount spent. Too many sellers don't get that. Cars are very rarely an appreciating investment.
Old May 7th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Always room for one more

Well, unless it's a Duesenberg. Imagine if Jay Leno croaked and all his cars hit the market at the same time.

I hope I hear back from the guy again, bidding ends Thursday. He said he lost his job and the car has to go, so maybe when the reserve isn't met he'll be a little more reasonable. Especially if someone shows up with a fistful of Benjamins.

So, good turnout at Summit. Three Oldsmobiles, a 67 442 which was very nice, last week's poorly done 72 442 convertible, and a 71 Cutlass convertible. Lots of nice stuff to look at. Saw a friend of mine and his 68 Barracuda convertible.

Staying up late so I can sleep in tomorrow. Work has come around yet again. Good night everyone.
Old May 7th, 2018, 11:00 PM

Allan, the guy did apologize, and I nicely explained about overtaking someone on the bike trail. I discovered a couple of bruises that I diddn't know that I had, been applying aspercreme to my wrist as it is still stiff and sore. Jim, maybe I am using the wrong name on the urn. I am talking about those cement type that you put flowers in at the cemetery. I was surprised that they just about tripled in price, even though it has been 18 years since I bought the last one.
Old May 7th, 2018, 11:08 PM

One of these. Guess what? I can order these online for $50 apiece and free shipping. Methinks I was going to be overcharged at the monument place. As we have a 100% chance of rain Thursday through Sunday, I emailed my sister and said that we can try for another weekend. The family garden center that I bought my last one from, should have a supply in by then, so they might be cheaper, then I can at least compare prices before ordering online.
Old May 8th, 2018, 05:39 AM

Oh, That kind of urn. Nope don't use them. We looked once at buying rocks with holes curt in the base [ to insert ashes] but they were like $2400.00 rocks

Filled my weed whacking quota before 7:00 now I gotta get sum new fascia board and fix a piece

The joys of home ownership.

When I got out of college I lived in a apt, just close the door and go fishing

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 8th, 2018, 05:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Small shower passed through about an hour ago. Just enough to get the ground wet but that's about it. Rest of the day looks purty nice although we could really use a good rain. The missus and I went to Costco yesterday and bought some hanging baskets. I can't put a basket together for the price they sell theirs at and they already look perfect. I guess the trick is to keep them watered and fertilized to last the summer. Shouldn't be too hard.

Jim - So???

Dan - You'll be back to normal in no time. We call those things patio planters. You could probably get one at Lowes or Home Depot.

Mike - Yes and it depends a lot on the collector car market. Good luck with whatever happens.

Jouni hasn't been around for awhile. Wonder if he's just too busy with his turbo diesel and asphalt ripping.
Old May 8th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Olds Friends:
My wife and I had a very nice anniversary yesterday. We went to our favorite little local diner for lunch and then went out to an old Italian restaurant for dinner. It has been around for 70 years. We literally had the restaurant to ourselves as Monday is a slow night. I am not sure why they were even open but it was great.
It hit the low 90's here yesterday and is supposed to be there again today. I think I am finally through dealing with cable companies, insurance companies and the social security administration so now I can get some work done. Of course it is now getting hot and the Texas summer is on the way. I have at least two or three weeks of yard work to do. After that is the rebuilding of my patio and deck (more on that on another day). Hope everybody has a good day.
Glenn
Old May 8th, 2018, 08:14 AM

Allan, I wanted the concrete type for long term durability in the elements, the ones at Home Depot etc. are plastic or fiberglass. remember when I had computer problems about a month ago? Well, I thought that it was a Comcast problem, as a co worker down the street was also having problems with his. I was on here last night and my screen went blank, I had to shut it down & re start it. Well, it just did it again, and the Windows restart tech screen came up, so I used it to scan for repairs and a re boot. At this time my on screen clock is one hour behind.
Old May 8th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
At this time my on screen clock is one hour behind.
I had that happen too! Right clik the time at the bottom of the tool bar and you can adjust for that.
Old May 8th, 2018, 08:54 AM

I had that happen too! Right clik the time at the bottom of the tool bar and you can adjust for that.
Done!
Old May 8th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow again!! My order of air filters from RA arrived today at 11:07. Considering I only ordered these on Friday afternoon that's incredibly fast shipping to Canada. (I know they don't work Sunday) Already installed in the Sonata. Although the old one didn't look terrible I couldn't see the point in leaving it in when I now have a new one and a couple spares.

Such a gorgeous day outside here! Just finished working on the flowerbed closest to the house. It needed new soil so that's done. Put together 3 more hanging baskets and they're up looking pretty. Now all I need is some green grass to cut

The road sweepers came by this morning around 9:45 so I had to hustle out and move the Saturn. It seems a few others in the hood didn't get the memo and left their cars out. I had already cleaned the front street and sidewalk a week or so ago but hey, another pass by the official cleaner can't hurt.
Old May 8th, 2018, 03:30 PM
golden rocket

Got T-Boned in momma Grand Marquis Monday. guy that hit me had no license, no insurance, was late for work so hurrying, and had a DUI for marijuana about 5 years ago. That's right, he didn't pay the fines, court costs, license re-instatement fee, etc. etc. He say tell my insurance company my wife was driving. my wife has insurance on the truck. FAT CHANCE, BUDDY!!!

so been driving the Golden Rocket, but gas mileage is terrible, about 9 on the road, 7 in town with a 2 barrel on the 425. It is nice, and real fun to drive, but I sure liked the 14 her Mercury got in town and the 21 highway. Don't have the lead in the foot, like I did years ago, but still gas hasn't been .25 a gallon since high school, all those centuries ago.

Got mommas' she shed put up, wired, insulated, paneled and air conditioned, not sure what else she wants, only took about 5 months, but, hey I'm retired, I don't have to bust my hump, unless she tells me to.

have a goodun'
mike
Old May 8th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain. Thought it was a passing thing but has come back and looks like it's here to stay. Ah it was a good run. Don't know how long it's going to last but if it's gone by Saturday that will be okay.

Welcome back Mike. Hope you weren't hurt in the wreck. I'm confused. Your wife has insurance on the truck that the guy hit you with? How does that work, you must know him.

So it's become a saga with that car on ebay. I tell the guy 8K seems like a lot for the car even with all the new parts, and I'd have an easier time paying 8K if I knew what the broadcast card said. He said that's what he has into it, and he'd look for the card. By the way how do you take out the back seat? So I gave him a play by play. I'd be amazed if it's still there, and possibly on the hook for 8K.

Work tonight. I saw a job come up on the bid system that I've been waiting on for years. Now I don't know if I really want it. I may go talk to the foreman of the shop. I might not be eligible because of New Orleans. Eh, won't hurt to put in for it.

Time once again. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old May 8th, 2018, 11:03 PM

I probably will be absent for about a week, as I will be taking my computer in to get a going over. It keeps shutting down, but I want it looked at before I pull the trigger on a new one.
Old May 9th, 2018, 02:32 AM

Mawn'in

Well, I woulda lost money on the 5:30 exercise program. Day 2

Mike, we didn't get a drop up ere

When the sun comes up, I'm gonna weed whack the fences along the road

Ok, If your puter is on the fritz, ya can have an excused absence

Old May 9th, 2018, 03:53 AM

Good Morning.
Allan, the Vista is a 70- unrestored but a fun driver. Yeah the neighbors of the dragstrip were complaining about noise and traffic.
Got the alternator installed on the Vista and it works and is quiet.
Loving the spring weather!
Old May 9th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Cold start to the morning. Only 35° right now and only spoda go to 50 later on. Ma Nature must be at that time of the month?? I was going to hit the boneyard but if it stays this cold maybe another day. Then again it's spoda rain starting tonight and all day Thursday.

Greg - Nice! It probably goes nice with that 455. My 73 Custom Cruiser didn't have as much oomph, but it was a heavier car. It did love visiting gas stations...

Jim - 2 days in a row is nuthin. Wait and see if it lasts all week. Sometimes wimmen get something in their head and they're like a bulldog wrestling a bone. Watch for it, one day she'll leave her purse or her phone on the roof of the car and drive away like that. Then all will be back to normal. You sure are whackin a lot of weeds lately.

Dan - Good luck with the puter. New ones aren't that expensive but they all come loaded with Windows 10. If yours keeps shutting down it might have a bad heat sync or cooling fan.
Old May 9th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Allan, you guys are still having cold weather up there. We are in the 90's now in Texas and summer is just around the corner. I know it is going to get hot but I just hope we keep getting some rain. I worked out in the yard some yesterday and my back started hurting like heck. I fell off a ladder 10 years ago and dropped 10 feet and landed standing up. I won't even go into details about the chainsaw I had with me up on the ladder. I spent two days in the hospital with the L2 vertebrae shattered. I did not have surgery but work a back brace for 90 days. I was very lucky but the doctor told me I would develop arthritis in my back. If this keeps up I will be visiting the doctor and finding out what is going on. I have too many project to put up with this crap.
Have a good day my friends.
Glenn
Old May 9th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out and the rain is gone. Finished mowing when I got up so now Tiger's feet can turn green.

Glenn I was standing on the rail of a cherry picker with a chainsaw when the tree I was cutting hopped and hit the boom of the machine, and bounced me out like a rag doll. Luckily I had on a harness or I would have hit the ground at about 60. The saw grazed my arm on its way to the ground and I hung there like a dope for several minutes until my neighbor came over with a ladder and set it up next to me. I was about 8ft off the ground and was able to step on the ladder and get down. We won't talk about the rest of the ordeal. I just refer to it as the unfortunate tree incident.

Work was okay last night. Got covered in disgusting drain water early on, the flight attendants will pour coffee wherever they can, including the floor drains. The write up was it smelled like vomit in the back of the plane, so me and another guy got the bazooka(hand pump pressure thing) and tried to clear the drains. All's that did was shoot the water out the other drains and all over everything, including us. We had them taped but the bazooka is pretty strong. So we tried it again and stood on the tape. Yuck.

Well it's that time again. Hope everyone has a good Humpity.
Old May 9th, 2018, 09:22 PM
golden rocket

slantflat, the guy who hit me, his wife had insurance on the truck. musta banged my head harder than I thunk. Or maybe proof read before posting.

The more I drive the golden rocket, the more little sh*t keeps goofing up. Need to pull plugs to find miss, or whatever is making it shake like a wet dog. Anymore, I just feel tired clean to my bones, medical processes make me want to sleep a lot.
Old May 10th, 2018, 04:36 AM

Good Morning. Golden Mike, sorry to hear about the accident.
Allan, actually old Vista has a 350.. does ok though with 3.08 gears and 10.25 compression, It is actually peppier than my 71 vert with 350, 8.5 comp and 2.56 gears.
Had a nice surprise Monday, took the vert down to Lansing to get a/c fixed. They found it was overcharged! Long story (I'm going to start a thread about it), anyway Air works great for the first time since I've owned it (1994).
Up at cabin for the rest of week- spring cleaning. Had a camp fire yesterday to burn leaves and pine cones. I've never seen so many pine cones as this year. They are everywhere and your shoes get covered with pine sap which is a real mess.
Well have a good one all!
Old May 10th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well the showers are starting. Probably not going to do much today.
Old May 10th, 2018, 05:56 AM

Mawn'in

Headed norte

I'm inspired, gonna make pizza with extra anchovies

Old May 10th, 2018, 10:19 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Headed norte

I'm inspired, gonna make pizza with extra anchovies

Good Lord!! You must be an "inlander" Around here, anchovies are bait for real fish!
Old May 10th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Almost Morning Guys:
I just got through running a few errands. I had the oil changed in my Expedition. I am going to have to start doing that now that I am retired. I have always used Mobile One. The oil change was $105. Crazy. There is nothing to lube because it is all sealed. I am a big believer in Mobile One but that is crazy. Looks like that is going to be another cost to cut in retirement. I did have a good surprise from T-Mobile yesterday. As some of you may remember I switched to their LineLink voice over phone service in an effort to save money. It didn't work worth a flip so I wound up changing cable companies for TV, internet and land line phone in a package. It has been an effort to port the phone number from T-Mobile to Spectrum. I had disconnected the stupid LineLink box from my router. Yesterday I decided to plug it back in and low and behold it works great with the new internet provider. I had go to the Y-Mobile store which is close by to change my PIN number since I had no idea what it is. The guy asked me if I was a veteran probably because I am an old white haired guy old enough to be a Viet Nam Veteran. T-Mobile has a new program for veterans and active duty military where they give some pretty nice discounts. I have five phones on the account and the bill has been about $205/month. The veterans discount is $65/month for the same service. I dropped a feature on the phones we don't use and my phone bill dropped to $115/month. That was a good trip. Have a good day everybody.
Old May 10th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, glad to see I inspired someone.

Glenn, that's still a whopper of a phone bill but obviously better than what you were paying yourself. I have changed my own oil for well over 30 years. I've been using Pennzoil platinum full synthetic for years now. Usually I get it when it's on sale for around $28 for the 5 L jug. I get my filters on line from either RA or Prime choice so total cost of an oil change is less than $35.00 I asked a drive through how much one time and I think they quoted me the cost to buy the place.
Old May 10th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful all day then a pop up shower then beautiful again. Cooled things off a bit.

So we are going to take on yet another project at work that has nothing to do with cabin maintenance. Changing the Panasonic antenna on top of the airplane. Well, the clueless higher ups say the antenna has to do with the passengers because it gives them satellite TV. Then why don't we work on the packs, they give them air conditioning. Anyway it isn't a bad job, unless you tend to be afraid of heights like me. Actually we had a platform and harnesses and lanyards. I did okay. This was where I was last night.

Been fighting a cold all week. I feel run down and my nose is stuffed up. I laid down for a minute after dinner and I told Tiger if I fell asleep now I'd sleep all night.

Okay Mike I get it. Of course if the Golden Rocket gets driven more the little things will pop up. That's okay, makes it more better. My plan is to have an old car I can drive every day.

Okay running a little late for work. Hope everyone has a good evening. One more to go.
Old May 10th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Well, I had typed up a message earlier and somehow moved off the page and it was gone. My wife and I will be leaving tomorrow and going to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We will spend the night in a B&B and most of Saturday there and then head down to Fayetteville to see granddaughter (actually a step granddaughter but she treats us better than our own granddaughter) graduate with a nursing degree from the University of Arkansas. She is a very bright and attractive young lady who has a lot going for her.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Glenn
Old May 11th, 2018, 04:03 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Got the missus off to work early so have an extra few to spare before going to work myself.

Neat to see all the new faces in here. Hello everyone.

Glenn safe travels.

Mike, watch your step up there!

Looks like we might be past the snowy weather now. Been real nice lately. I just put an offer on some newold wheels for Brit. Not sure if you remember, but I asked my cousin if he wanted to part with the wheels that were on my grandfathers 67 and he said he would, then reneged on the deal. well I finally found a set on fleabay. The seller has them listed as 'local pick up only' in N.C. but I have a Forum buddy that lives about 30 minutes away that agreed to pick them up for me and ship them.

Not much has changed in the drama that is my life. Kind of enjoying not having to babysit during the day, but I tell you i've been busting butt trying to run the place myself.

Have a weekend all.
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone

Anutter cool start to the day but at least no rain.

Glenn - enjoy the graduation. She sounds like a nice girl.

Clint - Cool you found what you were looking for. Sorry to hear work is killing ya.

Mike - A 737?
Old May 11th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I tell you this cold is kicking my butt. I don't really feel all that bad, just run down. Now the cough has set in. Maybe it will be nice this weekend and I can get out into the sun.

Allan that's a 757. It's a fair way up when you're on top of one of those. We cranked some boarding stairs up as high as they'd go and that's how we got up there.

Clint I found another 06C Cutlass, but they want 39K for it. I think that's a bit above the budget. Pretty car, though.

A couple of my buddies will be at work tonight. Hope things go smoothly. We should have a good time regardless. Time to get there.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old May 11th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - I hope you kick the cold soon. Feeling like that just ruins life in general. Does it matter what brand or style of car you're looking for as long as it's a 3rd week of June production? When I was looking on some car sites I saw some that had the cowl tags in the same range as you are looking for. Some of the ads were old and possibly expired/sold?

I got fooled by the 2 engines, but oh well. I know as much about planes as I know about catching snakes. Which is nothing. I leave that to the experts who know their business and keep others safe. You're not alone feeling the effects of heights. I wouldn't want to be up there either. Boy they sure keep those planes clean and shiny!
Old May 12th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,
Looks like it's Mike, Glenn and me holding down the fort for now. Jim is gonna lose his perfect attendance award now.

Greg - did you see the thread about the 72 VC for sale? Asking is over $30K!! Beautiful car that's been modified slightly. It's a 455 car with 3 seats. Cosmetically it looks perfect. I've never seen a VC or even CC go for that kind of money. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...agon-ever.html

Golden - How are things working out? Is that guys wife going to pony up for the damage? And how did he end up driving with 3 strikes against him? Some people have no moral compass.

Where's London? Those house projects and spinning nursery rhymes to the kids must be eating up a lot of his time.

Have a good weekend

Last edited by Allan R; May 12th, 2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old May 12th, 2018, 10:58 AM

Evening.

Sorry for being quiet- been super-super busy at work and at home due to spring.
Unions got their fights settled, and everything is well on earth again.
Workers union got to bite the bullet.

Ill visit again tomorrow with more time, just thought it would be appropriate to say hi.

Have a nice saturday all!
Old May 12th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Actually starting to feel a little better today. Slept until after 1, so of course not much will get done today.

Spent all night with an engineer trying to get software to load that will enhance the cabin lighting. I don't know why they spend money on things that the passengers don't give a damn about. Well, yes I do, marketing. Marketing thinks we will make more money if the lights turn blue and orange and other colors.

Allan the initial plan was to buy a car that was 99 years old, so I could own it when it turned 100. That didn't work out too well, so I thought I'd buy a car that was the same age as me, and we'd turn 100 together. No it doesn't really matter what kind of a car it is, but it has to be built on the correct day, and be original. The overpriced car in Chicago I think is going to get overlooked, as it has what looks like a 455 in it and not a 400. Too bad.

I need to take the dogmobile over to my neighbor at the shop. He's going to recharge the AC. Worked great last year, not doing anything now. We're headed to my Mom's next weekend, and we need the AC to work for sure. Gotta dig some wheels out of the garage as well and go pick up some medicine. That should do it for the day.

Okay gotta get to it. Have a good day everyone. It's over 90 here, love it.
Old May 12th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, your BD is somewhere between June 11-17? Good thing is production lines ran even on weekends.
Old May 12th, 2018, 08:24 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, almost bed time and I finished painting the closet. I hate painting and I hate painting in enclosed spaces. And I'm not sure I'm gonna like the color. Might be too dark. We'll see what it looks like in the morning sun.

Allan my day is June 21. In 1967 that was a Wednesday. No telling how many thousands of cars were built that day. I'm limiting my search to domestic cars, only because it's tougher yet to pin down a specific day on a foreign car.

Took the big truck for a nice ride today. Actually was longer than I intended, but it was a good outing. Also took the Tigermobile to my neighbor to work on the AC. I brought the black truck home so Tiger could go with me places, and got it washed. So I'd say today was a success.

While I was at the shop, unbeknownst to me I picked up a couple of ticks. Cheeky buggers, hitching a ride without saying anything. They are now swimming down the drain.

And that's it for me. Good night.