The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2018, 08:48 AM

Mawn'in

I'm back in time to catch the rain coming

Spent most of the weekend with my 92 year old friend in the Er. I hope I don't make it to that age, I wanta get shot by a jealous husband so I can be coming and going at the same time
Old April 22nd, 2018, 10:01 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

In the summer time I rarely put the top up on my 54. It is always in the garage. The top works pretty good but just takes its time going up and down. Most of the time is when we are going any distance or when the weather is a little cool. Then I do it for my wife. The only time I show it with the top up is the NTOC Zone Show so they can see the condition of the top.
Allan, my wife checked the price of ribeyes at Sprouts this morning and they are $12.99 a pound. We will not be having ribeyes this afternoon unless Walmart is a lot less.
Jim, you are probably getting the rain we had yesterday since it was moving your way. I am still going back often and looking for the waterfall. Haven't seen it yet.
Hope you guys have a good day.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Morning all, off to the Gilmore to check out a couple of pre war Mercedes, a 500K and a 540k. Only there 'til the 31st.
Love Hickory Corners!
Old April 22nd, 2018, 08:46 PM

Love Hickory Corners!
I go there two-three times a year. They added a Vette show for July.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in

Elsie's here big time

Got a family coming early

Have a great day Olds friends and keep searching for the water fall
Old April 23rd, 2018, 05:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Spoda be a nice one here today, but starting out at -2.

Jim - Here ya go. Took awhile to photoshop all the distractions out...

Old April 23rd, 2018, 07:08 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:

Allan, what have you done? I guess you did prove there was a waterfall there. It is just not the same without the distractions. I can't believe your day is starting out at -2. It is going to be a nice day here.

Hope all you guys have a nice day.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 07:42 AM

I think Allan needs to be banned for a photo shop chop job
Old April 23rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

whuuuut?? And here I thought I wuz helping you out to see the beauty of nature. If I wuz to show just the distraction, I definitely would get banned as I'm sure the distraction could have some other features revealed, just like that waterfall.

Glenn - when it's -2 here that's -2°C. Translates to around 28°F. Cool enough for frost on the cars and yup, you can see your breath. Right now though it's warmed up to 10° C (50° F) and the high is spoda be 15° C (59° F). By the end of the week we should be punching 66°F. When ya live in a cooler climate like I do, these are all win win situations. Our winter this past year was brutally cold even for us Canucks. Ask the gas company how much $$$ they made off the average household. Enough to buy each executive a new house, vacation island, private jet, and their own personal politician.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 05:48 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back a little while ago. Had a nice visit with my Mom and got a little more painting done. The ride there and back was uneventful. The Tigermobile turned 100,000 miles on the way down.

We must have gotten a heck of a lot of rain just shortly before I got home. The gutters in the streets were full and running. Standing water everywhere. We can be done for the summer now.

Well gonna catch up a little bit then hit the sack. Doctor's appointment in the morning, that time of year to be reminded how fat I am and all the bad things that I eat.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 09:14 PM

Morning.

Just a quick visit to chime in, drinking coffee and then heading to work.

Have a great week everyone!
Old April 24th, 2018, 03:01 AM

Mawn'in

Still raining but spose to blow out soon

Here's a chase scene from a cops dash cam in my neighborhood. It's fairly long. The idiot approaches 140 MPH, Where are the deer when ya need them

https://patch.com/georgia/alpharetta..._medium=social

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 24th, 2018, 04:01 AM

Geez some nut case shot up a Waffle House in Tennessee with no pants on!! After joining up on this thread I heard you fellas talk about going to the awful house. It didn't click at first, we don't have them here in Michigan. Anyway I remember my Dad saying "What is this world coming to?" back in the 60's. Now I am saying it... Of course it's not funny at all as 4 people were killed. Terrible...
Old April 24th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sunny this morning, but had more rain last night. Weather channel says more rain today. Not a bad temperature out.

Going for a physical today. Not looking forward to it but have a couple issues that need to be addressed. After that it's a few errands and back home to work on the ever-increasing bed project. Got tonight off, since I won't be back home before noon, and that's not enough time to sleep and then work all night.

Sometimes I wonder if all this nonsense has always been happening, but our sensationalizing media hasn't reported it. I mean, a man shoots up Awful house in Nashville. If you're not in Nashville it isn't news anywhere else so it isn't as wide spread. These days it seems the news will latch on to anything it can and blow it out of proportion. I know killing four people is not trivial, my point is maybe crazy stuff has always been happening and we just didn't see it as much. Just a thought.

Okay off to it. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.
Old April 24th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Guys:

When you stop and think about it, it is frightening all the nut cases out there. People just go into the Waffle House for some eggs and grits and wind up loosing their lives after some nut case comes along. This nutbag had numerous prior offenses and had his guns taken away. Then his stupid father gives them back to him. I hope they charge that dirtbag since that is an offense. It is too bad somebody with a concealed permit didn't take their weapon out and shoot this POS and save the gov't a lot of money. At least there was one brave soul who took his gun away before he killed anybody else. And then you have somebody like this fool running from the cops in the Mercedes. I imagine it was either stolen or bought with drug money. It is a miracle he didn't crash with another car and kill somebody. I have one foot on the soapbox so I better back away.
Mike, good luck at the doctor today. I have an appointment tomorrow to see about a little lump I have on the right side of my chest. I don't think there is anything to it. I am also a few months past due for my annual physical. I may get that done while I am there.
It looks like another beautiful day. I hope everybody has a good day.
Old April 24th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jumpin nut butter! ANOTHER gas hike last night. Now we're up to 1.31/L and the (dumbas) anaylsts are saying get ready for another 10-14¢/L hike in the near future. They can eat my shorts soon after I soil them.

As predicted the other day, most of the snow here is now gone and we're currently sitting comfortably at 18C or 64F. It's nice when the sun comes out. Mebbe I'll get the pressure washer out and clean the garage. Sounds like work...

The garage door sensors don't seem to like this time of year. When the sun shines on one side ( I think it's the sending side) the door won't go down. I'm thinking that switch them to the opposite sides and see what happens. In the meantime I have to pull the traveller cord, lower the door and hit the power to the opener till it latches in. PITA

Jim - How's your buddy in the hills? ER can be a frustrating place. I hope he's doing well. I'm witchu. I don't want to live to 92 - too many issues to contend with. That's still a long way off for me and I'm not setting that number as a goal in life.

Mike - Good to hear you had a good visit with your mom. With all the practice you get painting at her place you should be able to snap that bedroom in a day?

Glenn - Not much in the world makes a lot of sense nowadays. I don't pretend to understand it, not worth the hassle. I feel sorry for the younger generations that don't seem to have their heads screwed on straight, and those that do but are inheriting a mess of social media reform that seem to be sweeping our countries. Lack of clearly defined rules, roles and responsibilities.
Old April 24th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Always room for one more

Well things went okay at the Dr. this morning. Told him about a problem with my hip and he wants me to get an Xray. Other than that everything seems good.

Anyone ever buy a car and give it to someone, but keep ownership? I want to trade my car on a small SUV something and give it to my Mom. I'd swap her for her car. Any down side to owning a car that I don't drive that's out of state? Maybe have both our names on it?

Had more rain this afternoon but it's gorgeous out now. Got my bed drained and most everything out of the room. Still need to decide on a color. Black wouldn't go with the carpet.
Old April 24th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike I don't know if the title makes any difference but the insurance likely would. Might be an idea to ask the insurance company that question? When my son started driving I gave him the Saturn but the title and insurance stayed in my name. Since he lives with us it's no biggie. Different story with you and your mom though. Hope someone has the answer you're looking for.
Old April 24th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmmm, I ordered some stuff from RA on Saturday. It was sent from the CA warehouse. I just tracked it and it's now in Tennessee?? WTH? No wonder it takes so long to get here. It goes on a joyride across the nation and back before crossing the border? That's just nuts.

Edit: just nuts I'm telling ya. It's spoda be delivered here by 8:00 pm tomorrow. No chance in hell that's gonna happen when it's being driven around the nation and not being flown.
Old April 24th, 2018, 03:22 PM

Evening all,

Thought I’d better check in just to let you know I’m still alive.
Uber busy with my building projects, it’s keeping me busy twelve hours a day.

My new nursery school will be finished in four weeks and my daughters house in two months. To make matters worse, work starts on building my house next month, but that’s a one year project.

The new pup, Rocco is doing really well. He went for his first walk on a lead this weekend and of course while I was in the park I had dozens of women coming up to me for a chat and a stroke, the dog, not me.

Back on the diet after slipping the past couple of months, this time I’m going to slimming world for an extra incentive, I’ve lost 22lb in 4 weeks, so far so good but I still want to lose another 21lb. That will take a while longer. One benefit is that my knee feels so much better.
Old April 25th, 2018, 05:23 AM

Mawn'in

Headed to the dentist in the big city

London, Pups are definitely chick magnets

Allan, I hope the driver didn't stop at the Aweful house on Tennessee

Mike, Why not let it be your car [and insurance] and let mom be the principal operator?

GTG

Old April 25th, 2018, 05:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Beautimus start to the day. Already 46 here at 6:30 promises to be nicer as the sun comes up. Only snow left is a few scattered patches in the back yard. I think it's almost safe to swap out the winter shoes on the car.

Jim - I hope so too. I checked and it left Memphis this mawnin at 4:26. Y'all ever tried to make it to AB from there in one day? Not possible, especially to get it delivered. Someone dropped the ball on estimated delivery I think. BTW, that police video was purty interesting. I noticed they stopped it just as the officer was about to hit the mercedes. Law enforcement sure takes on some high risks to get their man.

Mike - All of a sudden waffle house in the news made me google about the shooting. I was shocked to see how many shootings come up at awful house. Be careful, it seems like it's trending.

London - Good luck with the continuing diet. Those slimming places make you buy their food don't they?? Sounds like you have a lot of construction projects going on. A new house that will take a year to build? Sounds like a mansion.

Happy humpday.
Old April 25th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Not too much going on here today. It is supposed to rain and it looks like it will. It is a little cooler. I think I am going to make the trip to the social security office today to attempt to get my medicare part B premiums lowered. They raised mine and my wifes by $53/month each because of my income which I don't have now that I retired.
Old April 25th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glenn - good luck with getting that done. I hope they can process it right away but likely it will take them some time and they'll want documentation etc, yada yada yada before they take any action.

Well dog my cats, that parcel from TN DID get flown up and arrived at the airport 7:20 am. Out on the truck for delivery and will be here today. I'm constantly amazed at how shipping is done nowadays. Likely will get here before the 8:00 pm promise time.

HOLY SHNIKEYS, It's here at 1:01 local time!!!

Last edited by Allan R; April 25th, 2018 at 12:17 PM.
Old April 25th, 2018, 02:23 PM

Allan, when Amazon allowed you to track packages, one of mine went from their warehouse in Oklahoma, to Minnesota, then to Pennsylvania, before finally coming back to Michigan, Sheesh! Jim, I wish that they would have shown that MB getting smacked by the cruiser, just in case that it did belong to the peep.
Old April 25th, 2018, 02:30 PM

Mow, mow mow, weed whack, weed whack

Yeah, I can't figger out why the cops dash cam stopped jes when he smacked the mercedes

BTW, I never track packages, I like the surpise
Old April 25th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, I still can track packages on Amazon.ca. Did it change for the USA? I appreciate being able to find out where my packages are and how long it takes to get here. There's no reason that can't be transparent. RA does it, and so do most of the parts warehouses I buy from in Canada. Anythiing shipped by courier gets a tracking number. Maybe the USPS doesn't issue them to Amazon dot com.

Jim, yer doin a wunnerful job suh! I might have to drop by fer a spell and watch how de master does it so I can take all that special knowledge and apply it to my weed whacker...

Hmm, I think the reason the dash cam was cut off there was to avoid showing the force of impact and amount of damage? Ya just never know, that idiot perp might be suing for medical (whiplash) damages because of the force of impact? IMO he deserves to be pistol whipped for putting so many lives at risk during his flight. (Is that too political for this thread??)

OH MY!!! Just about forgot. We found Prime rib steak on sale today for $13/KG!! Usually it's upwards of $32/KG here. Guess what we bought lots of???
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

First night back.

Ho hum.

See ya.
Old April 26th, 2018, 05:29 AM

Mawn'in

Cloudy with Elsie on the way

Mike, ya sound plum tuckered out

Last year we started allowing families [in certain areas] to plant a white dogwood over the grave. I order a dozen and have now run slap out

I gotta hunt me up sum more

Old April 26th, 2018, 05:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Anutter beautimus day shaping up. No rain in sight, just sunshine and a gentle breeze. I'll take that all day compared to what we've been having. Grilled sirloin burgers for supper last night. It was all I could do to finish just one.

Jim - de whackin courses officially opened here yesterday on temp greens. More by the weekend I would guess. Not sure why folks would prefer that to the Champions Cup (last big curling event of the year). Mebbe cuz the whitey frolic allows them to be outside in the weather I guess. BTW, the second order of parts is gonna be here today. 2 days shipping is pretty decent for free.

Mike, ya sound a bit down. What's up? Hope everything is ok with you.

Time to take out the trash. I'm trying a modification on the garage door sensor this morning. The early morning sun was shining on the photocell and keeping the door from closing. Hope the mod works.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old April 26th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Morning Guys:
Well, I got my fertilizer out yesterday before the rain came. My wife was not feeling well yesterday. Her fibromyalgia was acting up so we did not make the trip to the social security office yesterday. That is on tap after my doctors appointment this morning. It sis cool here (in the 40's) this morning but looks like a beautiful day. We were going to try an make it to the Bush Library (that is #43) after the social office but we have to pick grandson #2 up at school today so that will probably be another day.
Allan, my sister sent me a package from Omaha Beef for my retirement. It included 8 sirloin burger patties. I cooked the last of them last week. The package also included some steak fries which was very good.
Have a good day everybody.
Old April 26th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Just an Olds Guy

From UPS Website:

Edmonton, AB, Canada 04/26/2018 3:00 Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / Delivery will be rescheduled.

Ba ha ha ha ha. Severe weather indeed...Blue sky, currently 56° beautiful weather....wonder what kind of world they live in?? Probably the driver decided to take the morning off and go whack whitey. I guess this is another version of fake news being hosted by the internet?
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:08 PM

Hiya

Allan. It’s not a mansion I’m building although it is a good size. 8300sqft on one level. The reason it takes so long is that the buildings dates back to 1530 according to the dendrocronology tests and I am having to carefully take apart and then rebuild it up to today’s building codes and at the same time we have to be really careful what we do as the building is listed by being of special interest, so all my work is overseen by English Heritage. What do I get myself into!

Allan, no I don’t have to buy any special food with my slimming club. Incidentally I achieved slimmer of the month so I earned a fridge magnet and a certificate. 24lb in one calendar month. Very proud of myself. Only another 18lb to my first target.

The weather here was so nice last week, it got to 80F but this week it’s turned really changeable. We’ve had sun rain thunder and lightning rainbows and sleet down to low 60s

While I remember, the Waffle House shooting made the news here. Glad it wasn’t your local one Mike.

Last edited by LondonCutlass; April 26th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

A busy day so far. Went out for a walk and met one of the neighbors down the street. Nice guy named Michelle (french). He's about my age and is a vet. He's also in charge of maintenance for the Henday bypass which runs around the city. His sector is from our area to the QE2 exit. This guy is cool. You should see his car and motorcycle collection!

Got the Driveway pressure washed. It took a bit of fiddling with the Karcher to get the engine started. Must have had some crud stuck in the fuel valve because when I moved it back and forth a dozen times it seemed to like that and run like it should. Then on to the Malibu and Saturn. Both of them are clean and shiny again. I think both could use a power polish so I'll see about getting a polisher and supplies.

Yup, the 70° weather must be a disaster for UPS. Oh well. I shouldn't expect more.

I got a nice care package from Adrian and Tink today! That was so thoughtful of them and totally unexpected. Tink was obviously concerned about my diabetic diet as she sent along 2 cook books for cooking with low sugar recipes. Adrian sent along some knick knacks which I love, and a History of Ford book! No wonder it cost a fortune to send over. I would have settled for the nice letter Tink wrote. They're doing well, but Tink is still looking for work in the criminal justice department. Those guys and their kids are super people and I hope they make the jump from Oz sooner than later.
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:17 PM

We found Prime rib steak on sale today for $13/KG!! Usually it's upwards of $32/KG here.
Are you gonna make me translate this? Allan, the only tracking that i get on Amazon anymore is it's progress via a colored bar like an old Olds ribbon speedometer. Shipped, on it's way, delivery to post office, scheduled for "X" in the afternoon. 8300sqft on one level. Uh London, that's a mansion over here.
Old April 26th, 2018, 02:53 PM

Amazon changed their tracking again.
Arriving May 3 - May 10

Ordered Wednesday, April 25

Shipped today
See all updates.

Out for delivery

Arriving May 3 - May 10
Old April 26th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

London that's great you losing weight like that. I should be so lucky. Actually I would be if I didn't go to the Awful house.

Glenn hope you did okay at the dr this morning.

Jamesbo I'm not just tired, I'm tired of it all. Nonsense. Bull$hit. And people know they are spewing bull$hit and keep at it. I'm over it.

Work is slow on the bedroom makeover. I put two couches together and have a luxurious fluffy bed so I don't need the air mattress. Though I took everything out of the closet and now it's all over the house. Sheesh. I wonder what will get done first, London's house or my bedroom.

And now off to it. Have a good evening everyone. One more to go.
Old April 27th, 2018, 03:03 AM

Mawn'in

Headed norte at 1st light

Got a busted spindle on the Gator

London, Does it have a mote and a draw bridge?

Mike, Get married that should cheer ya up No wait, jes buy another car

Sure hope Clint is doing OK

Old April 27th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Yet another beautiful start to the day. Spoda get up to around mid 70's today. Perfect for power washing the deck. I need to sand it down and re-stain it afterwards.

London - I've never been in a house that's 8300 sq ft on one level. I did visit one that was 7500 on two levels and almost got lost in it. Why do you need such a large house?

Jim - safe travels.

Dan - As long as it gets there I guess.
Old April 27th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning Guys:
London, that is one huge house especially to be on one level. That is 1/5th of an acre. Is this going to be built on a slab. I would hate to heat and cool that one. Good luck on it.

Another nice day here. I went to the doctor yesterday with a lump on the right side of my chest. I came away more worried than when I went in. I have to go today for a mammogram and a sonogram. I never thought I would have a mammogram. I have some concern and am ready for the worst case. If it turns out to be worst case, I will have it out and do whatever needs to be done. It would be a setback but I have to much retirement to enjoy so it will not stop me from that. I will know what we are looking at next week. What ever it is, I think it will have to come out and I am ready for that. I think I will finally make a car show tomorrow after missing the last three Saturdays. There are a couple good ones tomorrow. One of them is a pretty big show but the head judge is a crook and a thief. I am going to pass on that one.
Hope everybody has a good day and is getting ready for a good weekend.

Glenn