The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old March 31st, 2018, 09:45 AM

Rain and sleet here with gusting winds. Gotta figure out what to make for a dish to pass tomorrow @ my brothers place. The weather for Easter is always a crap shoot, a couple of decades ago, we used to have an easter egg hunt at my old place, 'cuz I had a big yard, sometimes it was warm and sunny, other years the nephews & neices were in their winter gear tromping through the snow for plastic eggs ( filled with candy and coins).
Old April 1st, 2018, 07:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Easter everyone!
Old April 1st, 2018, 07:14 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone Happy Easter.

Beautiful morning. Pollen is lessening. Plan on working over at the shop today.

So I ordered a gas tank from Summit for the 57 Chevy in January. It's coming from China so they said it would be a month. Then it was another month. Now it's July 30. Needless to say I canceled the order. I got it from Summit because I could drive to the store in less than 20 minutes. I see that Year One has them in stock(likely different maker) but that's over an hour from here. Well, an hour is less than 7 months. I'll head up there one of these days.

Not much else. I feel unusually calm today. That can't be good.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old April 1st, 2018, 08:30 AM

Mike, did you think about buying a Spectra tank? http://www.autometaldirect.com/fuel-...s-c-26_41.html
Old April 1st, 2018, 01:45 PM

He is Risen
Old April 1st, 2018, 03:27 PM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
He is Risen

Amen
Old April 1st, 2018, 10:50 PM

Morning.

Snow They promised 4 to 6 inches just for today. Should be just backlash of winter, rest of the week its "warm"

Hmm.. Wife goes to movies, ive left to home. Okay, wanted to.

Have a great week everyone.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 04:09 AM

Mawn'in

Beautiful day to cut grass [after a funeral]:

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 2nd, 2018, 06:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone.

Easter Monday is quiet as it should be, but very cold like it shouldn't be. I think the tree and birds aren't going to make the spring appearances on time this year.

Anyone get pranked yesterday?
Old April 2nd, 2018, 07:12 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No pranks on me. When I was a kid I was pretty gullible. My parents taught me not to lie so if someone told me something I figured it was the truth, too. People could get anything over on me.

Dan I looked that place up. It's close to Year One, actually, but that tank is about 30 bucks more.

Jamesbo I saw a cemetery that didn't need mowing when I was down near da swamp. All the caskets were above ground and painted silver.

Oil change today for the Cruze. Can't get the filter anywhere nor can I find the oil I want, so it's off to the dealer. And I'll get the tires rotated as well. Might even walk down to the Dodge place and get the STAR report for the big Dodge van.

Missed everyone at the Awful house today. I was the only one there when I walked in, and when I left it was packed. I'm a trend setter. I got a waffle and the server went crazy with the bowling shoe spray and now I smell like waffle spray. Yuck. When the one chef is there I get a waffle, because anything he makes looks like it just came out of a tornado.

Well gonna hit it. Last day off so it has to count. Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:37 AM

Evening..

Damn.. 2,5 hours worth of snow-work.. Hooot sauna felt heaven after that. Snowed about 6" of heavy, wet stuff, and still continues... Wheres my spring???

And some Jamesbo is cutting grass &"#%"%#%" Wanna change residents for a year?

slantflat - i got spectra tank for me. Cant comment about the price, but quality is top-notch on it, you couldnt tell original tank from spectra if you wouldnt know, all the pressings are even same
Old April 2nd, 2018, 11:55 AM

Evening all,

Nice quiet four days of the Easter holiday. I actually made myself put my feet up for a while.
Great day today though, I got myself a new puppy. It’s a miniature Schnauzer and he’s unbelievably cute. He’s nine weeks old and a bundle of energy. Still haven’t decided on a name yet.

Weather this week has been wet wet wet but it promises to be better towards the end of the week

Inline, you need to move somewhere warmer, too much snow in Finland
Old April 2nd, 2018, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Inline
And some Jamesbo is cutting grass &"#%"%#%" Wanna change residents for a year?
To be brief NO
Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:20 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Well guys, I have never jumped in here because I felt like I never had the time. Now that today is my first day of retirement, I have plenty of time. Today I have been online doing some necessary paperwork. The weather here is cloudy and pretty dang cool. We had a very nice Easter with the kids and two of the three grandkids here for a nice lunch/dinner. I cooked a rib roast and vegetables on the grill. My wife and daughter cooked the rest including a coconut cake. If course I ate too much.

Glenn
Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:35 PM

Welcome to the asylum
Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:38 PM

Welcome Glenn, we talk just about anything here, but nothing too technical. Well, Allan one of my nephews tried to prank me when I showed up to my brothers house yesterday, telling me that I had a flat tire, I told them that I would get right on it, without moving an inch from the sofa. We have been trying to negotiate a new contract at work, and it ain't going well, Wednesday we take a vote to strike, or not. I've been there 12 1/2 years, and it hasn't come to this before, but I hear that it is nasty this time. With new owners (an investment firm), in control, I had thoughts months ago that this might happen. They booted the previous president of Alcoa/Arconic, and installed their own man. We'll see what comes of it. General Electric won't be happy, as we have been able to keep on time deliveries of the new blades for the Leap engine program, and they were here recently to congratulate us on that. They did not have to shut down any production, as this is a hot blade for G.E./Boeing.
Old April 2nd, 2018, 10:35 PM

Morning.

So, easter is off, and normal people are back to work. Im back to snow-work soon, when ive enjoyed from my Morning coffees.

Jamesbo - I thought so, but you wont win anything if you dont ask

redoldsman - Welcome. So, retirment? How are you gonna spend all the time you have on your hands now?

1969w3155 - Hmm, interesting times indeed. Outcome cant be good if strike occurs

Okay, this is how much it snowed yesterday, look at the roof of that shed. Its heavy, wet stuff..

Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:10 AM

Mawn'in

beautimus day [jes like yesterday]

I may have to race norte to meet the fridge repair guy.

My "Help" has been sitting around all winter watching Gilligan's Island and the one day I need him he's got an interview at Walmart

So, I working in the cemetery and notice this pile of trash next to the fence. Someone [maybe kids] left a lighter, 5 books of matches, an unopened roll of paper towels and a bottle of water. Still trying to figure out WTH that's all about

GTG Daylights burning

Old April 3rd, 2018, 04:57 AM

Had a winter snow warning last night but no snow for us. About 2" up at cabin I heard. Winter won't give up. Had a very nice Easter at inlaws, they had a Easter egg hunt and all the kiddies got their treats before a very cold rain/snow mix started. Had to call the propane supplier again though I thought the last fill on Jan 31st would be the last for the winter. Another $6-700... I have been using the garage a lot this year and I have a old furnace in it which runs off the same propane tank. I'm still not used to taking money out of my retirement account as I took the buyout option when I retired 1 year ago. It just seems scary after a lifetime of income. Now it is just outgo! No Social Security yet but I will start drawing in in Sept when I will be 62. I'm sure that will help.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 06:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Still colder than a witches heart here this mawnin (-18) but at least there's no wind. Good enough for the kids going back to school after their week long spring break.

Jouni, looks purty but I know what you mean.

Jim, wth? I thought your fridge problem had been fixed.

Mike, sounds like your parents brought you up right. Not like today's society that seems to feel entitled to everything. I suspect you could count on your hand the number of kids in your neighborhood that understand respect, honesty and morals.

London, congrats on the new puppy, a dog that grows a beard better than most humans. If you weren't run off your feet before you will be now. Unless of course you hire a dog walker. Better yet, let him play with all the kids...

Glenn, welcome aboard and happy retirement.

Dan, it sucks that a strike may happen but at least it should be short with those blades being a necessary component for engine production.

Greg, that's one of the only pitfalls of retirement unless your 401K is topped up. Retirement means a lot of adjustment in spending and lifestyle to match the budget. If you draw social security ar 62, isn't it at a reduced rate?

World men's curling continues with 2 games on tap today. Brad Gushue was lucky playing both Russia and Italy when their skips rocks missed the last key shot. I'm not impressed. Niklas Edin has been doing very well and so far is 4-0. He's actually my favorite of this tournament.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
. Jim, wth? I thought your fridge problem had been fixed..
What fun would that be and I wouldn't have any story to tell

Seriously, They had to order the part
Old April 3rd, 2018, 07:22 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Thanks for the welcome guys. Inline I have to say that picture looks like a postcard. I am sure you are tired of it. Last night they were predicting rain and possible hail today but the sun is trying to peek through the clouds. I got some paperwork filed yesterday that needed to get done. I am going to the tax office today to get a set of trailer license and run a couple other errands. The rest depends on the weather. So far I am liking this retirement thing where everyday is Saturday. I have a car show to go to on Saturday and I don't have to feel guilty because I didn't get things done I would normally do on the weekend. Hope all you guys have a good day.

Glenn
Old April 3rd, 2018, 01:19 PM

Inline, are you sure that you live in Finland and not at the North Pole!

Allan, you’re right about the beard on the pup, the trouble Is that because he’s grey and black his beard looks like mine. By the way my wife and boy both agreed on his name so I got outvoted. They’ve called him Rocco. I took him for his first vaccinations today. So far so good.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 03:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Haven't done squat, but that's because I slept late for work tonight. Working all 4 as far as I can tell.

Welcome Glenn. I think I'd do well in retirement, which is a good bit away.

London congratulation on the new pup. What did you want to call him? Tiger says he's glad you have a new boy around.

Allan I had to pause a moment, I don't think there are many kids in the neighborhood these days. It comes in cycles. The last batch were mostly troublemakers who took things and threw them in the lake, burned tire marks on all the streets, and were loud out on the lake all night. If there's kids around they stay out of my little corner of the neighborhood which is fine by me.

Jamesbo good luck with the fridge. The kid's interview isn't going to last all day is it?

Dan good luck weathering the storm. I'm thankful I've never had to go through contract negotiations. For a while there was a big push for the union to come into maintenance and the ramp, but that all ended with 9/11. Now all these years later it's starting up again, I hear the ramp people are faced with the Teamsters trying to get in.

Inline when does the snow stop for the season?

Got the oil changed in the Cruze yesterday. Took it to the dealer and they had it done and the tires rotated in less than 90 minutes. At 55 bucks I couldn't have done it for that at home.

And now to get ready for work. It's ashame to spoil such a nice weekend with something that vulgar. Well, Tiger and I are accustomed to eating, so in I go. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old April 3rd, 2018, 11:01 PM

Good Morning.

Got alot done yesterday. Need to take care i dont take habit from it.
Drinking Morning coffee currently. Then i could maybe visit garage? Dunno. Time will tell i quess..

Allan R - Whats the latest on curling world today?

Jamesbo - Wild quess, those kids were up to burn something.. Are you sure it was water? Since paper roll dunked to burning fluid makes great firestarter, burns long and hot. We used it at army to light up our fireplaces at tents. Hmm, not actually us, we just poured flammable liquid deliberately to fireplace and threw a matchstick after..

Greg Rogers - Care to elaborate your ( US) pension system? 401K?

redoldsman - Well, sounds like you already know how to spend your time. Enjoy! Tired of looking that postcard image half year... Well, 4 months this time, but still

slantflat - Usually it stops around april, but its not too uncommon to get snow at May day-eve

Okay, have a day all. I continue with my coffee->
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:53 AM

Inline, I worked for a utility co. and was very fortunate. I was one of those that still had the old pension system which was eventually phased out for newer employees, but they also started the new 401 K program where the company would match for the newer employees who couldn't get the pension. Me and others hired during about a 10 year period could take advantage of both. So I put a lot in the 401K. So when I retired I took it all as a lump sum and have it invested in another 401K away from the company. Yes my social security payments will be reduced if I take at 62 but I figure a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush! Enough of that! Today woke up to about 2" of white stuff. A blizzard right now! Yuch! It's funny though looks like winter but sounds like spring with the birds and frogs.
Old April 4th, 2018, 05:14 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Thanks Allan, We'll get thru it.

Dad went home and seems to be improving.

Gotta get to the shop. Have a 50 Crestliner waiting.

Have a day.
Old April 4th, 2018, 05:58 AM

Mawn'in

Elsie came and went over nite

Soooooooo, since I've moved a buried people, it's time to go smacky whitey

Sorry if my day switch is throwing sum of you off'

Old April 4th, 2018, 06:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well I tried an experiment with my insulin last week and it didn't work as planned, so back to the normal routine. Still friggin cold here and the weather dude threatens snow later this morning. Whoever said we have global warming sure doesn't live here.

Jouni, Canada actually played very well yesterday after their embarrassing performance on Monday. They played an excellent game against Japan and won 9-2 after only 7 ends and having hammer 2x. Niklas Edin continues to steamroll right along and is leader of the pack with an enviable 6-0 record. Today is another double header for Canada starting with Norway. Thomas Ulsrud didn't make the worlds this year and I think everyone on the tour is disappointed that Norway is wearing traditional garb instead of the flamboyant loudmouth pants Thomas is famous for. Yeah, the postcard thing I can relate to.

Jim, so didja end up returning de new fridge and payin big bucks fer de replacement part? I hate ta say it but in de long run y'all still got an old fridge.

Clint, hope all continues to go well for you. Crestliner isn't all that great a looking car. Is it a restomod or stock? I think the only thing going for it styling wise is its not a more door.

Mike, you're lucky. Around here the kids are like little brats who seem to think everyone's yard is their playground. They've learned over the years not to **** me off, but honest they're slow learners and sometimes need refresher courses.

Greg, good that it's all worked out. I don't take my OAS till 65. My Mrs did what you're doing taking hers early. She said it works out better for her but I'm not sold on that. Not like I could change it anyway though.

Hmmm. Day 7 of not shaving. I don't like it but I wanna see what happens after 2 weeks.

Happy humpday everyone.
Old April 4th, 2018, 06:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I perdict 47/43 it don't matter what day ol,whitey gets his skin slid so long as ya have fun teaching him.
Old April 4th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Morning All:

Well I have had my second copy of coffee and just finished my breakfast. I am heading off this morning to pick up my new eye glasses and then to the tax office to get a set of trailer license. Then when I get home I am going to make the stand for an old parking meter I restored to non-working condition. I bought it in a junk shop last November in LaGrange, Texas. I am using an old brake rotor for he base and a section of metal fence post for the stand with a piece of 1/2 inch all thread through it to secure the meter. To give you an idea of the meter it has 2 hours for a dime. This will be one of my props for car shows. I have never seen one at a car show. I have a car hop tray with artificial food and root beer float and an old drive in speaker that I play 50's music through. This is the last piece since I am getting too much stuff to carry. I will post a picture when I am done. We have a beautiful day today but it is back in the low 40's today.

Greg. I waited until I was 70 to take my SS. I played with the number a little bit and they have it pretty well figured out. My wife took hers at 62.

Allan. are you growing a beard. I started one about a week before my official retirement date. It had grown for about a week and was coming in real well. Then we had to go to a funeral last weekend and I had to shave. Now I am just shaving every other day. I hate shaving. There may still be a beard in the future.

Have a great day guys.
Old April 4th, 2018, 08:07 AM

Jim, I perdict 47/43 it don't matter what day ol,whitey gets his skin slid so long as ya have fun teaching him.
"Wrong again Howard"

I got out there and the wind was howling and I said "Phuque it"
Old April 4th, 2018, 08:14 AM

. Jim, so didja end up returning de new fridge and payin big bucks fer de replacement part? I hate ta say it but in de long run y'all still got an old fridge.
Maybe so but I've got a happy wife that remembers Jouni's and my favorite holiday
Old April 4th, 2018, 08:31 AM

Maybe so but I've got a happy wife that remembers Jouni's and my favorite holiday
And whats that?
Old April 4th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

And whats that?
its the "sauna and beers whacks whitey day" More or less it's anything that keeps wimmen happy and outta yer hair.

Glenn, it wasn't a goal. But the I told my son I wasn't shaving till he does. Only thing is his is dark and mine looks more like Santa clause with a bit of pepper mixed in. I'm not a fan of shaving either, but mostly cuz I can't get the razors I want here. Stupid things cost an arm and leg too.
Old April 4th, 2018, 09:43 AM

I gave up shaving about 20 years ago and I’ve had a goatee ever since but since I’m now in competition with my pup I may well either shave it off or use some dye to get rid of the grey. You cant have a dog and it’s owner looking the same.
Old April 4th, 2018, 09:52 AM

And whats that?

It's a month after Valentines and [among other things] Ya get steak
Old April 4th, 2018, 10:24 AM

It's a month after Valentines and [among other things] Ya get steak
Yessss!!!!
Old April 4th, 2018, 01:54 PM

I always wanted a old parking meter to put out by the garage, but could never find one yet, I think they're neat.
Old April 4th, 2018, 01:56 PM

Greg, Let me look in my plunder room. I may have one

Search this Thread