The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2018, 05:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Cool and froggy here this mawnin. March is tuning out to be rather fickle. I think the ides of March killed the warm weather were Spoda be getting.

Magic Mike did indeed win the GSOC Elite 10 event. He outplayed Gushue almost every end.

Jim, good luck. I know you'd rather be out whackin whitey. Btw, I did a quick Google search and there's plenty of choices for black fridges from whirlpool.

Last edited by Allan R; March 19th, 2018 at 05:41 AM.
Old March 19th, 2018, 01:04 PM

Nice sunny days today and yesterday, makes me feel great! Come on springtime!!
Old March 19th, 2018, 01:05 PM

Found a nice black Kitchenaide, ONLY it 8" deeper. Now I gotta figure out if I can take out the sheet rock and a few studs in the back wall, double stud the sides and add a header to pick up around 4" in depth. Then I gotta figger out what to do with the electric and water supply [ice maker]
Old March 20th, 2018, 05:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Bought the new computer workstation yesterday on line cuz none of the local stores have it. Interesting that on line with tax it was half of what some other stores were offering it on the web sites.

Jim, good luck with the framing and finish. Couldn't ya find one that fit? I hate demo and rebuild. Ya get that coffee cleaned off your keyboard?
Old March 20th, 2018, 06:41 AM

Good day.

Soo, been snowing some for two days row now
Otherwise been on garage. Today, when i went to finish fuel-lines, i suddenly got heureka-moment, and got an better idea how to route a 1/4th of my hard line. So, i ordered some new hard-line, and re-route it when i get it to my hand. Have to say, in my opinion its way better than some examples seen there, which are done without lifting body from frame. On the other hand, ive spend stupid amount of time with it

Jamesbo - Hows the new fridge-guy?

Allan R - How much Computers cost there? Ill buy nowadays just cheap laptops, around 300$, usually they last 2 to 3 years

Just ate, soon snow-work and heating sauna. Have a day all!
Old March 20th, 2018, 07:02 AM

Forgot

Old March 20th, 2018, 07:32 AM

Allan, Nope the old one was a built in and a] they cost a small fortune and b] the taller and not as deep.

While fridge repair guy was there he took a look at my AGA stove. It needs a new clock $109.00 and 2 plastic handles for the tray that goes in the broiler $42.00 each plus labor.

I thought he might be trying to phuque me on parts [especially the stupid 3 " plastic handles ] so I call AGA in Michigan and yep that;s what they want for them. I've got a watch, phone clock and clocks all over the house and stove mitts and gloves so I said, "Naw" I'll pass

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 20th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni - The new one I bought is a desktop model. It retails for around $1100.00 but I got it for $729 (+tax). Its a 10-12 year life expectancy. I don't buy cheap stuff for a reason, and it's not because I have a lot of money, which I don't. Oh, for here substitute the middle 2 seasons for 'Construction' and we are pretty much the same

Jim - Sounds like your original setup was custom. Good luck with the retrofit. I ran the water lines on ours myself and no problems.
Old March 20th, 2018, 06:20 PM
MOTORHEAD

deep freeze
plan
buy freezer
buy pig
buy cow
mix with wild game
SMOKY
Old March 20th, 2018, 06:26 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got back a little while ago, but not early enough to get Tiger. I'll do some running around in the morning then go get him.

Had a great weekend. Over 850 cars at the show, the highest yet. Beautiful weather, got to see all my friends, really a nice time. Adrian lives I think 10 hours from there so didn't see him.

Got some catching up to do and I'm going to bed early. In contrast to skipping a day last week on the way out, my day today has been two days long. I've had it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old March 21st, 2018, 05:22 AM

Mawn'in

COLD

Welcome home Mike to not so HOTlanta

Well the fridge saga continues, Day before yesterday, I called repair company #1 and left word [purposely called after hours], "I don't want to talk to [jackass ] son but when SR. [nice older gentleman] returns have him call me. I took son's advice and got another repairman and he said son [a.k.a. jackass] put thr wrong part in the fridge.

Low and behold, the secretary called me back yesterday and said Sr, said to send me a 100% refund

So now the super model says, " Instead of doing all this remodeling, just fix the thing with the refund $$$

Stay tuned, Like sand through the hour glass

Old March 21st, 2018, 10:24 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Windy and cold today. So I'm staying in.

Got my stuff done and went to get Tiger. I sure missed him. He was happy to get home and run around the back yard.

So no big plans now for awhile. I think the next thing is Ohio with the Amphicars in July.

Sun's trying to come out, still cold as a mother. Have a good day everyone.
Old March 21st, 2018, 10:46 AM

Evening.

Snowed some more. So, today ive been cursing with ignition parts i got. Hmph..

Jamesbo - Great story, we want to know how the saga continues

Allan R - Thats good. Im just nowadays too skepctical about anything electonic lasting for few years more than their warranty, that i dont bother. Foe example, ive gone through 5 phones in 5 years - 3 different marques, and just after warranty expires, they just die

Okay, have a day all!
Old March 22nd, 2018, 06:22 AM

mawn'in

Still cold but clear

I can't remember how many times I've told junkman's joke

I sure miss john. Mike have ya heard anything form them?

WYH has London been.

I think [as my dear mother used to say} I gonna ****** some of y'all bald headed if ya keep missing posting.

Old March 22nd, 2018, 07:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well the last couple days were upsetting. Our ISP had a unit out in the hood and when they left we had no internet. Pissed me off, especially since it was working fine. Not like we were delinquent on payment either. I placed a nasty call to their customer service who said the earliest service they could get out would be 3:00 pm yesterday. Dude arrived at 3:15 and had the problem fixed in 20 minutes. He told me the previous tech (jackass 2) deliberately disconnected our internet because the signal was too strong and was affecting other customers. JA didn't even bother to ring the doorbell and splain what was going on either. Second dude smelled really bad and I had to spray febreze everywhere he went. He had a horrible stale tobacco smell to him that lingered everywhere. Anywho, the Internet is now back up and running, with a $15 deduction to the bill for the inconvenience. I can't wait till the competition gets fiber optics to our neighborhood so I can dump these chumps.

Jim, does de SM not understand that the $800 refund was money spent and not a gift horse? I don't understand her math thinking that 800 = 2100 for that part. Lucky you gettin to splain it, especially after you already bought a new fridge. I don't understand whutcher mom means about bald heads.....

Mike, hey welcome back!!! Good to hear you had a good visit with your friends in oz. Was it hot enough for ya down there?

Jouni, maybe it's the brands or are you just hard on electronics? Our old puter is still functional but has outdated software which is why I had to replace it. The iPad I'm using to post this is over 10 yrs old and still does the job. Not blazing fast as new stuff but.....it werks!!! We're Spoda get a big dump of snow where starting tonight. Forecast is for around 20 cm overnight. That'll slow down the commute a little.

Curling beckons so away I go. Enjoy your day!
Old March 22nd, 2018, 08:04 AM

Allan, It's called "Ovarian logic" I don't expect you to understand. $800.00 refund + new fridge [dented discount] $1,300.00 = the exact amount of the part

Soooooooooooo if you put new guts in the box, you have a "new fridge" that doesn't stick out 8"

Get it? Got it? Good
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, yer right. I don't get it. You still got an old fridge that likely will crap out agin before you can whistle Dixie. Btw the boy Jess called and said HD has a side by side with ice/water and lower freezer regular price $2100 on sale for $570. Brand is GE. I told him I don't need it. De SM would like it cuz it prolly fits yer space.
Btw, even my missus can see the flawed logic de SM is giving ya.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 09:09 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Only if y'all did that she would prolly say that with the $1500 savings she can go shopping fer more $tuff?
Old March 22nd, 2018, 11:42 AM

Allan, I think we had a similar discussion not long ago when I said, I was gonna put a Cheby crate engine in my 4X4 truck when the 265,000 mile engine goes TU.

BTW, The built in [old] fridge was /is 24" deep That's the rub
Old March 22nd, 2018, 01:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well Jim I can only think of one thing to say. You married her, so you gets to deal with it... Sorry, eh.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 02:19 PM

Not at all
Old March 22nd, 2018, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out, if not a little windy. Far from the nice 80s we had In Australia. Eh, won't be long.

Went to bed early and slept really late. Got up and ran an errand, then went back to bed until almost 630. I guess this is what's called catching up on sleep. I think I could have slept all night. Tiger has been very clingy, he must have missed me.

Only two this week, hope they aren't bad. Usually the punishment for being on vacation is the lead takes his wrath out on you. That's okay, I got a survey thing in my email that lets me "evaluate" one of the leads. I'm sure it doesn't go anywhere, but a chance to blow off some steam. At least the local manager sees it. He can't be blind to the nonsense that goes on with the leads. Sheesh, he used to be one.

Jamesbo I hear from John once in a while. They seem to be doing well, all things considered. Wish they'd come back to da hills so's I can go visit with them.

And time. Hope things haven't changed too much while I was gone. Heck it could be a different company.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:12 PM

Well guess what came in the mail yesterday? The calendars that I ordered at the end of January, didn't get by the end of February, cancelled the order, and now they show up. Go figure. I have seen no attempt to extract any money from me either. Monday I start 1st shift for the first time in over 15 years, it's gonna be rough getting up at 5am, when I have been used to going to bed at 3-3:30am for so long.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 12:51 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Friday.. My fuel line is waiting on post-office. Not going to go garage today. Spend yesterday-evening fixing Pertronix stuff and assembling my distributor. Wasnt in hurry.
And it freakin snowed 2 inches yesterday, and its april next week!!

Allan R - If it has apple-logo, it isnt coming to our household Your adventure with internet/phone/whatever-company was great read Disconnecting your internet because you had too strong signal?

1969w3155 - Lizard-night is waiting for you..

Okay, have a great weekend everyone!
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:22 AM

Cool but sunny here yesterday. Went to a salvage yard with a friend to get a driveshaft for his 34 Ford. Years ago they made some racks out of school bus frames and have put driveshafts on there for many years. He needed one that was 38", found a couple, took the best looking one for$25.00. It is mostly a late model yard. We scoured it over but only saw one old car, a 63-64 Chevy II wagon. Anyway it was a good day. Spring is coming!
Old March 23rd, 2018, 06:50 AM

Mawn'in

Clear but still chili

Debating whether to cut grass or not.

Got my refund check in the mail yesterday

Mike, Ya know ya got other friends in the hills and you're always welcome

Old March 23rd, 2018, 07:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone.

No big dump of snow here as was predicted, but really windy. Don't know if I want to shovel it cuz it's the heavy wet stuff. Maybe just let it melt later.....

Jim, I'd take the 'or not' option.

Jouni, Apple is just a brand to me. An expensive one at that which is why I don't buy them.

Dan, why are you going back to work?

Greg, always nice to visit the boneyard. I like when they have parts organized like that. Very rare to find old stuff in there. Right now the only olds worth looking at in ours is a 77 Toronado.

Quiet day shaping up. Canada plays USA later today in wimmens curling. I think I'll whomp up a grilled cheese sammich for brekkie.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 08:34 AM

Dan, why are you going back to work?
Allan, are you under the impression that I was retired? Still got about five more years.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 12:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, I got confused but when I went back and re read your post it makes sense now. I understand how a body can get used to the circadian rhythm of 15 years. I hope it works out for you. I guess that means no more making pizza to take in?
Old March 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Quick hi goodbye. Got caught talking on the phone while I was getting ready for work, and suddenly it's after 7.

Tried to get a dog off the road this morning coming home from work. I had seen him last night on the way, didn't think much of it. Lots of stray dogs in the area. Saw him this morning and stopped, but he wouldn't come near. I'm gonna bring treats with me and see if I can bribe him.

Jamesbo I need to go up and see you guys. Red needs a sandwich.

Okay Friday. I like these two day weeks. But it will suck working 4 next week. Ah well, such is life in the big city.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old March 23rd, 2018, 09:06 PM

I guess that means no more making pizza to take in?
Well Allan, that's still possible, I won't have to make it at midnight for the next day. I have worked with several of the people on first shift before, as they were once on 2nd shift and migrated to 1st when the opportunity came up.
Old March 24th, 2018, 03:44 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Well I got the puppy. And he's a puppy. The treats worked. Now I don't know what to do with him. He isn't coming in the house. He isn't going in my yard. I tried putting him in the neighbor's yard and he jumped over the fence like it was nothing. So right now he's in the Tigermobile. Hope he doesn't chew it all up. Nice little dog, I figure he's a rental dog. Rental people get thrown out, leave the dog behind. Good shape, fixed, I can't imagine it. I'd get mad if it would do any good.

Gave him some food and he scarfed it down like there's no tomorrow. I don't think he's been out too long. I'll call the vet and ask them. Animal Control is closed on the weekend.

My night at work sucked. Everything I touched fought me every inch. Went to help out a guy on another plane and something set him off and he completely blew a gasket. I just put up my hands and said it's all you. No one is going to talk to me like that, especially when I was there to help. Sheesh.

Okay gonna go get ready for the day. Wonder how long I'll last before I go into auto shutdown. I did sleep fairly late yesterday afternoon...

Have a good day everyone. Anyone want a puppy?
Old March 24th, 2018, 04:59 AM

Mawn'in

Spose to warm up and rain this afternoon

Sooooooooo, I better get the grass cut.

Mike, Red would love a PB&J

Enjoy the weekend Olds friends
Old March 24th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning all,

I think it's gonna be quiet. No grass to cut or snow to shovel today. But there's curling on the tube that should be a good watch. Team Canada swept the round robin 12-0. I'm hopeful they get the gold medal but they still have to play in the semi finals so it's still a crap shoot.

Nice save with the puppy. Does Tiger like him? Too bad when people abandon animals, especially young ones.

I remember working early early shifts that started before 5:00 am and when I was done around noon I was so tired I slept the whole afternoon. I couldn't ever figure out why people wanted to work those shifts and I stayed away from them. They threw my body clock out of whack so much it would take 3 days to recover from 1 day of that.
Old March 24th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Always room for one more

So I've had the puppy all afternoon. We went to the Awful house then next door to the vet to be scanned. No chip. The girl there got me in touch with a rescue person and I texted some pictures to her and another rescue person is going to come pick him up in the morning. I'll be sad, he sure is a good dog. He's been in the Tigermobile but I go out every couple hours to play with him and let him run around. He doesn't get far from me.

Started feeling sluggish around noon or a little after and sat down on the couch and that was it. Been sluggish all afternoon but I didn't have any plans. Might go to the Awful house to get a bite, sans any dog. That will be odd.

Dan I've been on midnights most of my 24 years with the company. Not sure I'd know how to act working another shift. Though I did like 2nd shift when I worked it years ago.
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in

Like a cow on a flat rock

Glad I don't have a funeral today, Wait, I do have one. Thank goodness for L.L. Bean

Mike, You're a good man.

My grass cutting intentions were short lived, lost a bearing on a pulley

Well, like my farmer friend used to say, "There'll be plenty of work left to do when we're gone."

Old March 25th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone

Well, the white puppy is gone. The rescue lady came to get him and assured me he'd be taken care of. I'm kind of sad he's gone, but he had no future here. Allan Tiger never met him, and I'm quite sure he wouldn't have like him if he had.

So. Now I will clean out the Tigermobile, though White Puppy didn't make any kind of mess. Got some laundry to finish up and then we're headed to my Mom's. Here's a secret. I put in for a job at Louis Armstrong International Airport and got it, so I'm headed down to look for a place. It's close to Mom's so I'll go there tonight and then drive over in the morning. Beats taking Tiger to jail again so soon and messing with business flyers on a Monday.

Rained here this morning and made everything a muddy mess, but I think it's done now. It's cold, but the wind has stopped. Sheesh, and it was in the 80s for me last week.

Well have a good Sunday everyone.
Old March 25th, 2018, 09:46 AM

Mike, I hate to ax,

BUT

How are you gonna move your fleet to the Big Easy and how in the world are you gonna evacuate your fleet when another hurricane comes
Old March 25th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, Jamesbo, I'm not going to move everything down there. All the cars are going to the shop and most of my stuff is either going to go away or be stored. The long term plan is actually to end up in the panhandle and either be retired or repurposed. I'll worry about moving everything then.

Okay ready to hit the road. See ya's all in a couple days.
Old March 26th, 2018, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in

cool and breezy,

I " may" got hit a few *****

Mike, somewhere in depths of C.O. is a pic of Joe P, moving his fleet from California to Northern Virginia, I think he got a discount loading up either 2 or 3 car haulers. Jes an Idea.

BTW the panhandle [a.k.a redneck riviera] gets hurricanes also