The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old March 1st, 2018, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got off work late, got home and into bed late, slept till 4. Now it's raining. Perfect.

Work was frustrating last night. My tool of a lead was no help whatsoever, and anytime I'd ask for help he was arrogant and condescending. He'll be the lead again tonight, but it's his Friday so he'll make things light and go home early.

I'm sure I've mentioned, probably plenty of times, that I'm looking for a car that was built on the day I was born. Inquired about a 67 Dart, turns out it was a February build. I said sorry I'm looking for a June build. The guy says, what's the difference? So I told him what I was after and he said that was cool and awesome. I like being cool and awesome.

Well it's that time. Serenity Now. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old March 1st, 2018, 04:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul, glad you enjoyed it. As for Jouni naming his son.... My bet is for "Valve cover" or "Lawnmower".
of course he'll probably ditch those suggestions and name him "Sue". Only Johnny Cash fans will understand that.

Clint, so far so good. Hopefully all goes well with the second procedure when it's done.

Dan, yeah I gotcha didn't I? Glad it made you laugh.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 04:58 AM

Mawn'in

I'm betting of Fjord

Heading norte to meet wit fridge repair jacka$$, I would appreciate ya'll getting my bail money ready

Have any of ya'll gotten the Barber of Seville Video. Wish I could post but...

have a great day Olds friends
Old March 2nd, 2018, 05:45 AM

Good day everyone.

Done preparations today for tomorrow, everything starts to be done ( from my part... at evening my wifes mom and moms sister + wifes sister comes to invade our house) so i think i move to sauna from that point...

Nice day outside, suns shining and its warm there, really nice weather.
All quesses wrong so far

Jamesbo - How much bail-money we need to put side? From rate 1 to 10?

Okay, have a nice friday everyone!
Old March 2nd, 2018, 06:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

No snow yet.... But the day is young. Spent an hour or so chipping through 2" of ice that had run onto the sidewalk when it was warm the other day. So much fun.

Heading out for curling in another 45 minutes. Should be an easy commute since it's Friday and the snow held off. I feel terrible though like I might sell another Buick. Took some nexium to hopefully get rid of that reflux.

Jim, no sweat. Y'all can plead insanity. Prolly not a court in de land would convict after hearing your story. I read about northland fridges and they have a terrible consumer satisfaction rating. Mebbe get a replacement cheap.

Jouni, good luck avoiding them wimmen. What happened to Richest Man in the Graveyard and World is made from asphalt?
Old March 2nd, 2018, 07:02 AM

Allan, I only bought the POS because a high school friend repped them course he passed away
Old March 2nd, 2018, 02:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, he was probably killed by all the pissed off people who bought them.
Old March 2nd, 2018, 02:48 PM

Evening all

More snow today, getting fed up with this. Forecasters say it will stay cold till the end of the month.

I’m sure Jouni would like to name his son something funky but his wife won’t have it so I’m gonna have a guess and say Niilo that sounds like a good Finnish name.

Spent the day decorating in my new school building, I’m about 8 weeks from finishing.

My knee has been playing up a bit more than normal but I think it’s probably climbing ladders and the cold.

I’ve got my daughter and Grandson staying at my house. They can’t get home tonight because of a six foot snowdrift blocking her way home. I think they will be with me all day tomorrow so I might go to work for a bit of peace and quiet.

Mike, I think that’s a great idea to get a ‘birth’ car. Let me know if you find a Sept 67
Old March 2nd, 2018, 03:09 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got back from the Awful house. Being Friday, it's a nice end of the week treat. Did marginally better at work last night, no real stress and got out right on time, not late.

London you know a September build would most likely be a 68 model year. Better go check your Cutlass. I wanted a car that I could own when it turned 100. Not having a lot of luck there so I thought maybe I'd get a car that was the same age as me and I'd own it when we both turned 100.

Jamesbo good luck with the fridge. Don't be like me and buy the cheepest one. Since the day I plugged it in it sounds like it has marbles rolling around inside it.

Hm, if I had a son I'd name him Douglas. Anyone care to guess why? His middle name would be Silverado. Really.

I really need to get curtains in the kitchen windows. They are full length and Tiger lays on the floor with his chin on the sash. When he sees a squirrel he goes nuts and wants to go out and chase it. Two minutes after he comes in he'll look out the window and see another squirrel and want to go out again. It never ends.

Okay gonna get ready for work and hope for the best. It's Friday and I don't have any real plans for the weekend so ain't nothin' gonna matter. Eight then skate(actually 10). Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 05:50 AM

Good Morning, Went to Detroit Autorama yesterday, A great time! The basement is the best.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 06:21 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Well yesterday was a bust. I had just hopped in the car and was letting it warm up when the cell went off. It was the Saville letting me know that the ice plant was down so all the morning draws were cancelled. Bummer. I called Ron, Daryl, and Mick and gave them the news. No news on whether there will be a make up game or not. I grabbed a few bags and went to the market to get a few sale items, but not much else.

It finally snowed here last night. I'll go out and clear it shortly but so far only about 3" of it so it won't take much to clear. Spoda keep snowing all day though so we'll see.

Mike, I'd guess that Douglas may be one of your dads names, or the name you wanted instead of Mike? Maybe your best friends name?

Greg, we have a car show here but it's not likely to be anything like that. See anything you wanted to bring home?

Jouni, don't keep us in suspense. I'm changing my guess to Jesse.

Jim, good luck up Norte dealing with the refrigerator jackalope.

London, you need to build a sauna and relax like Jouni. Sorry to hear about the knee problems. How's your diet coming along?

Tim hortons brier is on for the next week. Canadian men's curling heaven. Last night was the wildcard game for the 16 th team. Mike McEwen won and he's a crowd favorite. He's also just recovering from chickenpox which hit him pretty hard. I didn't think adults could get that especially in their 30's. Anywho, I know this will be a really good championship with the field of players involved.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 12:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I can hardly move. Work last night beat me to death. And for some unexplained reason my badge stopped scanning so come Monday I get to go in to the airport and find out why. But it's a beautiful day and I don't have to go to work tonight.

Allan you're waaay off My Dad's name was Richard. That's right, my Dad was Dick Clark. He loved telling people that. I was always glad I wasn't named after him. Actually I was named after a horse.

Greg did you take any pictures?

Got a couple errands to run this afternoon and I think I'll go over to the shop and bring the Cutlass home for the weekend. Gotta check out the new tires. It's going to be nice and fairly warmish, so it will get a good bath.

Still some light in the sky at 7pm now. Won't be long now before it's light at 9pm. I think we should change clocks once a month so it's always light at 9pm.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 01:13 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, I gotta guess again. Since you're in the aircraft industry I'm going out on a limb and guess you'd name him Douglas after the Douglas aircraft before it became McDonald Douglas and later bought out by Boeing?

Well the snow has arrived with a vengeance. Already cleared it 2x and still coming down to beat the band. So far we have accumulated around 8" but it's not the heavy stuff. Weather dude is calling for another 8" today and evening. Makes me glad all the cars have winter shoes.
Old March 3rd, 2018, 02:58 PM

Dick Clark huh? Cool. When my buddies nephew was in grade school (40 years ago) he had a classmate by the name of Ronald McDonald, I hope that he wasn't taunted too much. Just as I was typing this, another bud made a return call....from Dalton Ga., he and the wife are on the way to Florida, they made a pit stop, she to the Kroger, and him to the liquor store. He says it's nice down there, with dogwoods in bloom, I told them to honk and wave at you guys.
Old March 4th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Allan that is the correct guess. I still refer to them as the Douglas planes, even the B717. I don't remember if it had just started production or was about to, when the "merger" took place and Boeing renamed it the 717. It's still a Douglas plane to me.

Dan are your friends going to buy some carpeting while in town? Dalton is the carpet capital. I think the yellow pollen has started already. I wish I could just put a huge dome over my whole house and yard for a month to keep that stuff off everything. What a mess it makes.

Time for Awful house, and then I'll bring Tiger back home and go run some errands. My neighbors are leaving for NJ today so I can't not be here for that. They will be there until September. I don't get it.

Today is 24 years on the job. I can't count the number of changes that have taken place over the years, both with the company and myself. I guess that's life. Actually I'm surprised I'm still there. It's a good job with good pay, but the (local) management has gone from servant leadership to almost tyranny. I'm sure that's not what the founder had in mind.

Okay happy Sunday to everyone.
Old March 4th, 2018, 05:32 AM

Sorry no pics from autorama, actually it's amazing how many pics are taken there what w/cell phones. It was hard to walk around the cars without being in the way of someone taking a picture.
Old March 4th, 2018, 10:23 AM

No carpeting Mike, just a pit stop for dinner.
Old March 4th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy anniversary Mike.
Old March 4th, 2018, 07:13 PM

Looks like the History Channel is coming here. http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-civil-war-gold/videos/sneak-peek-the-curse-of-civil-war-gold?playlist_slug=the-curse-of-civil-war-gold-season-1-preview-list

Last edited by 1969w3155; March 4th, 2018 at 07:18 PM.
Old March 5th, 2018, 06:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Hmmm, looks purty quiet.

The plows are Spoda be hitting the streets here to clear the major roads today. Why they wait so long to get into action is beyond me. My son said the roads were ok yesterday when he went to work, just the side streets were full of oatmeal that pulls the car around some.

Tv repair guy is coming again this mawnin. Shows are pixilating a bit even on HD. Funny it doesn't do that on my phone. I think this is the 7th guy to try and fix this problem. Makes me wonder if telus and northland are related.

Dan, you mean MI doesn't have the History channel? I've watched that channel for years and enjoyed it a lot. That curse of civil war gold threatens to be as boring as the curse of oak island though.

Jouni, well????? You have us wondering. What's his name?

The brier continues and my favorite team is tied for the lead at 3-0. Lots of stiff competition still to come all week.

Guess I better put away the dishes from the dishwasher. Enjoy your Monday.
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Saw lots of people at the Awful house I haven't seen in awhile. Tiger also got a couple strips of bacon along with his burger from the chef.

Now I'm headed to the airport to figure out this ID thing. I hope it's easy, but I'm not expecting it to be. After I'm done there, if it isn't raining, I'll hit the junkyard. Haven't been there in weeks.

Guess I'll be off. Wish me luck. Have a good Monday everyone.
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:00 AM

Allan, we get the History Channel, but the next boring gold hunt will occur here in my town. They've been filming for awhile, but it's just a wild goose chase. They show an aerial view of Hackley Park (named for an early lumber baron and philanthropist), and claim that it is in the design of a confederate flag, but that sidewalk layout is typical of many parks.
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:00 AM

Ah, evening..

Kinda have forget to write here while doing everything else around the house. Even ive had time to come read this topic few times.. But i blame it to the phone i was using, hate typing with touch-screen..

So, he was named Eemil. Too bad, i had 10k$ put to side for a winner, but it seems i need to keep all the price-money

Was at the garage today.. We are 4 guys there together to keep the price low, and there is good space for everyone. Now, some jack*** had dented my new fuel tank, and havent bothered to mention about it
That sealed the deal, this summer ill pay my house-loan down and little loan from roof-repair, and build that garage for my yard, for 100% sure

They called from work today, too. This year, Company has more work than ever before. In contrast, last year was its worst. Talk about hitting the gold-vein! Im eager, and waiting to go!

Hm, seems like i need to go sauna, see you later
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:22 AM

Inline, that was my guess, didn't you get my email?
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, hahahahaha. Good one. Yeah, I think you're spot on. Just another excuse for a boring drama. I guess they're hanging their hats on people wanting to learn about history, but without seeing the reward of treasure. It's a con game IMO.

Jouni, bummer about the dented gas tank. Make the culprit buy you a new one.

Where's Jim? (Sorta like playing where's Waldo on CO)
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:40 AM

1969w3155 - Sorry, it must have been went to my trash-mail, but it has automated emptying, so sorry, cant verify your quess

Allan R - Easier said than done, he wont never admit it. Only good thing is, that the dent is towards the top, so its not visible at all even when crawling under the car.
That Oak Island was Super boring!! I happen to look National Geographic too, those few times i look TV, its usually that channel

Off from sauna. Tomorrow, i think, im gonna visit our machinery, from our Company of course. I have few things needing welding, so it would be "visit with benefits"
Old March 5th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni, any chance it can be pulled back into shape? The top isn't as bad as the bottom I guess.
Old March 5th, 2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jouni, any chance it can be pulled back into shape? The top isn't as bad as the bottom I guess.
I just installed it with the dent, didnt want to do anything with it anymore. First, denting my old tank myself when the car fell, and then some s****** denting it and not bother telling about it- i just installed it.. Too fed up to do anything with it anymore..
Old March 5th, 2018, 02:15 PM

Jim be here, he's too whipped to type but not in jail
Old March 5th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo if you rest after doing nothing what must you do after working

Got up to the airport just after 1130 and then saw where the ID office closes for lunch at 1145. So I sat there for almost an hour and a half while those clowns came and went. I guess no one ever faxed them the idea to stagger the lunch hour so things could keep moving. Took all of 10 minutes once I got in there.

Decided that since I was there for so long I'd just go home and not see the junkyard, but I turned out the wrong driveway and ended up on the expressway and went right past the junkyard anyway so I stopped in. Nothing too interesting.

Washed the green Cutlass and finished just in time for it to start raining. That's okay, it had plenty of funk on it. Looks loads better now.

Soon it will be Awful house again(sans Tiger) and then Walmart. Gotta stay up late so I can sleep in tomorrow for work.

See ya's.
Old March 6th, 2018, 05:07 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dad's home and grumpy He's sore but healing.

Got some siding installed this weekend. the missus finished her closet door.

Windy yesterday should warm up a bit by the end of the week.

Have a day.
Old March 6th, 2018, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in

Raining

If one things makes be grumpy, it's missing a beautiful Monday of golf to wait around for the fridge repair guy

Might be fixed, it takes a day to cycle

I'm now putting fridge repair on a par with lawyers. I've never heard such misrepresentation on reality in my life

GTG family on the way

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 6th, 2018, 10:24 AM

They put up the historic marker in the rain
Old March 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM

Evening
Not much happening today - bye!
Old March 6th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain here, too. Jamesbo that looks nice. You're infamous.

First night back, gonna be a long week I think. Not much else going on.

Clint I'm glad Dad is doing okay.

Gonna hit the road. Have a good evening everyone.
Old March 6th, 2018, 08:34 PM

Jim, saw that on your FB page, looks good. I thought that it was neat that rather than just say who the original owners were, that they put other owners name plus you, as the current owner. Around here, if a historical home as a marker, it will list the year that it was built, and the original owners, but no one else in it's history.
Old March 6th, 2018, 11:37 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Jamesbo - Congratulations! Now youre famous, maybe you can collect some " viewing fee"?

Forecasts are telling that cold is moving away, from tomorrow should snow for few days, and then temps should go over zero. That means, spring is slowly coming. And work ofc!

Yesterday i went to our machinery, and got few own things done. Rack for fuel pump and filter, lip for my split timing-cover for sealing, and one small thing to our sauna, and saw friends also, was great day.
Got huge kicks about seeing and feeling my belowed CMM, cant wait to drive it again! Bean-counters had also summed up last year, and despite me driving it first year, we left on + side after all expenses were counted together. Boss was happy about it, and so was i. This year were going to make some serious profit when i already have some experience under my belt

CQR - Good to hear your dads healing

Okay, i go do something, happy humpday!

Last edited by Inline; March 6th, 2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old March 7th, 2018, 03:30 AM

Good morning, looks like about 2" of snow fell last night. My cousin got 4 tickets for Monster Jam at the Ford Field in Detroit on Saturday. He couldn't go so gave them to me. I haven't been to something like that since the 80's. So it's going to be a boys night out with my brother, nephew, grandson (13) and I. Should be fun. It looks like it is geared more for kids, lots of hype.
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:21 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Greg. We went 7-10 years ago. It was definitely geared to the kids. Which is good. I sure wish a SX would make a stop nearby. I'd go to that.

Jamesbo, Congrats on the recognition.

Inline, Winter can just go away. I'm done with it.

Have a day.
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in

Thanks friends

but I'm well aware " All fame is fleeting" it's just an hour upon the stage

Kinda windy. Maybe it'll dry out things a little

Have a great day Olds friiends

Search this Thread