The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2018, 05:06 AM

B
Old January 26th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Sure. I put the snowblower in the shed and it snows 20+ cm overnight and still coming down. The car looks like a giant snowman. Not looking forward to today's commute.

Jouni, curling ice is always slippery. The dirty factor is from crud that falls off the lighting or from other curlers apparel.

Jim, I'd check de weather. If it's nice whack whitey. Goin norte you always end up having extra chores.
Old January 26th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Inline
B
does that mean this thread only rates a B?
Old January 26th, 2018, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
does that mean this thread only rates a B?
A-class forum, B-class topic, C-class contributors
Old January 26th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Been sick as a dog the last day or so. I get Cellulitis in my leg about once a year and it knocks me out. I recommend not getting this.

My neighbor called me last night and I don't remember talking to him, so imagine my surprise when his wife called today and asked if I was still sick. She made me some soup.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old January 26th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Here's to a speedy recovery Mike. Get well.
Old January 27th, 2018, 09:24 AM

Afternoon all

Wish you all the best Mike, hope you feel more like yourself soon.

Nice day in the sunshine today, nipping in and out of the heated jacuzzi. Tonight we are meeting up with the wife’s cousins who are playing in a band at a festival. Should be fun. I’m down to sing a couple of numbers.

Back home to the grey in the morning, not looking forward to that, I could have done with a few more days here but I’m not sure my credit card could handle it.

Allan, you would love it here, so many excellent golf courses and it’s not too expensive to play.
Old January 27th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Quick check in.
Weather is still crap. Roads are still crap. And the crapper decided the tank/bowl connection needs replacing. Leaks on the floor so time to head out to Lowe's.
One more day.
London, I haven't swing golf clubs in so long I think I would win the wiffle contest. Sounds like you're enjoying Tenerife.
Old January 27th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the well wishes. I feel loads better today. The magic soup did its job.

I finally decided that I was tired of being sick, so I set out for the hospital. Stopped by the neighbors to let them know I was still breathing and they suggested I go to an urgent care place. They like one that isn't too far. So I went there but they closed at 5. It wasn't long after and the OPEN sign was still on, so I went in. They said they were closed but put me on the schedule for first thing in the morning. That's okay, I'd rather have flaming bamboo sticks shoved under my fingernails than to have to go to the emergency room.

London safe trip home and I'm glad you've enjoyed yourself. Send us the youtube video of your crooning.

Well Allan, at least the toidy let loose before you left, you could have come back to quite a mess. Hope you have a good time south of the borders.

This evening I'll be updating the Amphicar rosters. Seems the new president only has time for me when something is urgent. I guess he doesn't know what advanced notice is. He wants to send out a mass email, tonight, and has to have all the names updated. He wouldn't know otherwise except the guy who does the website called him and tattled on me that I haven't been doing any updating. Petty.

Okay have a good evening everyone. I'm going to do some cleaning up around here and hit the sack early.
Old January 28th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Got the repairs done yesterday. Biggest problem is finding parts for Briggs. After a lot of searching I got something compatible at lowes. No more leaks. I think when I get back I should look at replacing some of the seals on the other two potties. Luckily everything in this house now has its own shutoff valve.

I moved the Saturn to the drive so I could clean the parking area on the road with my snowblower. It took a good half hour but job done. There was quite a swatch of snow 2feet deep to throw onto the front lawn. So I'm putting the blower back in the shed and come back out front to park the Saturn which I'd left running in the driveway and there's an SUV parked where I had been clearing no less than 3 minutes earlier. WTF?? It was a realtor who was having open house next door and didn't want to "plug" up his driveway. Like he was expecting a parade of cars?? Moron. I told him to move which he reluctantly did. Ha! Only 2 visitors to that open house in 3 hours.

Another 24 hours and we're off to board the spirit of Westjet. Now for the last minute packing....

Mike, hope you're feeling much better. Being sick is such a downer isn't it? With lluck you'll be back to normal in no time. Have fun with the amphicar registry. There can't be all that many of them still left? Btw, the direct flight uses a 737-800. I'm going to book the seats by the emergency exit since they have more leg room.

See y'all in a couple weeks, unless the wifi down there works for a change. Hola Meheeko!
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:05 AM

Afternoon all, back from de Hills

Mike, Hope you're back on the mend soon.

London, It's me [not allan] that needs warm weather golfing
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
London, It's me [not allan] that needs warm weather golfing
ummmm, I doesn't tink I would whack whitey in de frozen Norte Jim. But yeah, I knew he meant you. I spose I could try a few rounds in de temperate climes of Quintana Roo. Hope nuttin was broke down when you got to de mountains.
Old January 28th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Thanks Jamesbo. Went to the Urgent place today and got a shot and some medicine. The good doctor also told me my blood pressure was extremely high and wants me to take medicine for that and then go tell my doctor. Quite the full morning.

Allan be sure to pick the aft row of exit seats, or you won't be able to recline. Such that it is, I think coach people get to recline and average of 2-3 inches. Don't know anything about WestJet but the 800 is a good plane.

You know what's funny(and true), in Chicago if you're driving down the street and you see a dug out parking space with a chair in it, you don't park there for fear of death. Because the guy who spent all that time digging it out didn't do it for you.

It's been raining quite a lot since the wee hours. We need the good rinsing but now that I feel better I need to get out and do something. Tiger just sits at the window waiting for the squirrels to come out, which they won't. There's always stuff to do inside.

Okay have a good afternoon everyone.
Old January 29th, 2018, 01:44 AM

Allan, Jim, you know what I meant.

Back in the greyness of London. Bit of a shock getting up at 6.30 for work, it’s gonna take me a few days to adjust. I made a bit of a mistake booking my return flight. I put February instead of January and it ended up costing another £250 to rebook. I won’t make that error again!

Still no snow here, think I will give up on that idea for another year.
Old January 29th, 2018, 06:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Day 2 of officially on the mend. I feel a lot better and can't wait for the swelling in my leg to go down. It still hurts some.

London glad you made it back safe. It was on a subconscious level that you booked your return for February. You knew you wanted to stay longer.

Got some errands to run and try to catch up on the daily grind. Work tomorrow. Haven't been to the Awful house in weeks it seems.

Have a good day everyone.
Old January 29th, 2018, 10:10 AM

mawn'in

Went out early to slosh around and smack whitey

Mike, We always call them "Doc in a box"
Old January 30th, 2018, 05:34 AM

mawn'in

Man I wish I was getting some warm sunshine

You may [or may not know] I love to cook. Something flung a craving on me this morning for an apple pie. I'm gonna sling one together today

Mike, Are ya back to feeling good?

Gonna hit the grocery store

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:54 AM

Evening.

Nothing interesting happened. Just snow and cold. Seems like nothing too exciting there either.

LondonCutlass - I rebooked my ship to two shifts earlier at summer for return - missed By 15mins and paid roughly $250 too to get on-board..

Have a day all!
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:10 AM

Inline. Glad it's not just me.
Allan. Enjoy your time in Mexico. I wonder if there are any girls there that my boy didn't sleep with during his year in L.A?

Mike. Glad your on the mend. It gets you down when you feel poorly.
Busy with the building project today. Been up and down ladders but at least I managed not to fall off. Next week it's time to replace the entire roof, just hope it's not too windy.

London weather. Sticking around 50F with no sunshine.
Old January 30th, 2018, 03:20 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Thanks you guys I feel pretty good. So much rest and doing nothing I actually feel a little energized. We'll see how that goes at work tonight.

London just don't throw your lanyard over the roof and tie it to the bumper of the car.

Jamesbo mail me a piece of your apple pie so I can compare it to my Mom's.

Sunny here today but cold. Don't think it came close to the 58* that was predicted. Gonna be cold tonight and cool the rest of the week. Come on, when I started working here in February of years ago, we were in shirt sleeves by the afternoon. Actually yesterday was 21 years that I've lived here.

Well, got to go see what I missed. I think I'm short on PPT hours so I'll either have to make them up or be docked. That's a tough one. I don't want to lose any money but I sure don't want to be at work when I'm not supposed to be.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 30th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hola everyone,
Meheeko is being very nice to us.
Mike, good to hear you're on the mend. I wasn't able to get those emergency seats but turns out I didn't really need them. WestJet has tons if leg room on econo seating and decent recline too without bothering the passenger behind. I think it's all different depending on the carrier specs? I did get a good view of the wing, flaps, spoilers and winglet...
London, thanks. You can bet on it. Ummm, not touching that one. There are a LOT of really pretty wimmen working here so who knows? Want me to ask around?? Didn't think so.

Jim, were in the same time zone as you. C'mon down an bring yer whackin sticks. I'll caddy fer ya and keep score. BTW my math sux so you might end up with several holes in one. You'd live de weather here. Going up to high 80's next 3 days.

Jouni, it's.like being in a sauna here compared to home. Thank goodness for cold cerveza and swimming pool. Mediterranean Sea is very warm and clean. Salty but not brackish. Lots of fishes to see snorkeling. Also rays but they're small ones.

Asta la veesta, ahl bee baaacck.
Old January 30th, 2018, 09:59 PM

Allan. enjoy your vacation, sounds nice. Well, I had me some of the Famous sandwich spread on a honey ham & bacon sandwich, with lettuce and a slice of to mah toe. Not too shabby.
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:36 PM

Morning.

For starters - 1969w3155, you just made my hungry, now i have to do breakfast.
Yesterday i did salmon on open fire ( ~took 2 hours), then smashed potatoes with butter, baby-carrots and herring. Served with big, cold, beer. Was Delicious!

Allan R - Good to hear your having fun and warm. Warm really isnt for us, we like cold You could ask for a pic of LondonCutlass son, then print it and walk on the street showing it to everyone and asking stupid questions They sell Cerveza here in Finland too, i buy it every now and then on "summer", refreshing change at times

Okay, have a day all. Now i really have to go make that breakfast!
Old January 31st, 2018, 04:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

SSDD

Have a Humpday.
Old January 31st, 2018, 04:18 AM

Inline, better not do that, could lead to an expensive paternity suit!!
Old January 31st, 2018, 05:27 AM

mawn'in

Man, I could use some 80 degrees and a day of golf without long johns

Allan, Glad you're having fun But I don't do Mexico.

Mike, The pie is in the mail. No may I please have your Amphi ?

Inline, I can't imagine cooking salmon for 2 hours. Did you smoke it slowly?

Today Keyline pies, I'm on a roll

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 31st, 2018, 05:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Dang, so this is what living in the south is like. Now I know why Jim likes to go early and whack whitey.

London, good point. You don't need one of those....

Jouni, yes thats the Mexican word for beer. They have a fair variety but the mini fridge gets stocked with Dos Equiis and Coors. Hey, it's wet and cold. Can't beat that. Plus any lobby or restaurant I go to has cold ones or mixed drinks. Very nice

Dan, absolutely. It would be nice to have everyone here to share the fun.

Mike, no awful house here. Not sure if you'd like that but the buffets and restaurants are top notch and never ending.

Clint, I had to look that up. Sorry to hear. Enjoy your HD nonetheless

Time to head out and check the brekkie buffet at the Kantina.
Old January 31st, 2018, 05:57 AM

Jamesbo, no not smoked. Cooked on open fire. Exactly like this:

Beats even smoked salmon in my opinion. Ive done beefs too with this same method, delicious!

Allan R - Ah, they sell a beer named Cerveza here in Finland, thought you meant same thing.
Old January 31st, 2018, 06:03 AM

Inline,

Well raise my rent, That's a new one. Looks yummy
Old January 31st, 2018, 09:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni, that looks like "Salem'" salmon. (Burned at the stake... :;

Jim, ya got me curious. What doncha like about Meheeko? Most of the peeps here even spikka da English. Of course this is a gated resort so the riffraff has to stay out. Also a private beach which is impeccably groomed and patrolled by security.

I guess the one thing I was shocked by the first time down was how many Federal police check points. Other than that it's not a bad place to veezit.
Old January 31st, 2018, 10:13 AM

Allan, I was once on my way to murder patos in the Yucatan peninsula and the plane was having mechanical troubles, As we got off the plane the stews all handed out a cold cerveza as we came to the bottom of the ramp. While I was enjoying mine, I noticed the pilot and co pilot each took a cold one.

I don't travel well any more, It used to be fun to fly, Now it's a royal PITA

Perhaps, I've watched BReaking BAd to much and fear malo hombres

My ex wife wore me out. We were once sitting on a plane and she said, "Do you know where I would like to go?" and I said, "I hope Bermuda cause that's where this plane is going"
Old January 31st, 2018, 04:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

That's about it. Hope all are well.
Old February 1st, 2018, 05:33 AM

mawn'in

Cool but rain on the way

Mike, Your economy with words makes me think you're still not feeling 100%

The super model has the crud also. Only she gets mean as a gut shot grizzle when she's feeling bad

Inline, Did you catch that fish or buy it?

Allan, Seen any more exotic birds down there

Clint, Have a better day
Old February 1st, 2018, 07:07 AM

Evening.

Been snowing. Getting dark here outside, going to heat sauna.
Week has gone fast, soon its weekend Going over to friend for weekend for some ice-fishing and sauna, and beer

Jamesbo - Bought. Or.... Wife bought, i paid, to be exact She just took my Mastercard and to shop she went

Okay, have a day all!
Old February 1st, 2018, 09:52 AM

Not much going on here, temps to drop to about 10° tonight with an accumulation of 10" of snow by Sunday. Dropping my taxes off on the way to work, so that will be out of the way. Allan, put some of that sunshine in a coffee can and send it my way.
Old February 1st, 2018, 11:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

So buenas dias sounds a little like beans and disease? Haven't tried that line yet....

Jim, compared to back home every bird down here is exotic. Today I watched a couple waves of pelicans fly by. I was praying they weren't loaded and looking for a target.

Dan, I'd be happy to bit I can't find a durned coffee can.

Mike, I'm with Jim. Sounds like you're still not well. Maybe Tiger can cheer you up with some face licks? I've always noticed that animals can tell when their master isn't well. Get better bud.

Jouni,, how's Mom and son doing? Have you published his name yet? Enquiring minds wanna know. Hopefully it's something we can pronounce

Tonight should be an interesting treat at a Japanese restaurant.
Old February 1st, 2018, 04:07 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I feel pretty good, actually, but all I wanted to do was complain about my job, and I do that enough so I thought I'd keep it to myself. I don't know how we stay in business sometimes, the stupid and nonsensical things that are done by management.

Nice today, mostly overcast but about 60. Still felt cool. Cold and rain the rest of the week.

Jamesbo tell SM I hope she gets better quick.

So last night wasn't as bad as the night before, but plenty of baffoonery by the leads. It will be new baffoonery tonight as the other lead is off. I'd love to be lead and maybe bring a little integrity to the place, but I'd never pass the interview.

Okay time for Tiger to go to bed. Hope everyone has a good evening. One more to go.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 05:34 AM

mawn'in

Chili but clear

A friend brought his Bob cat over to clear some fallen limbs in the hard wood grove. Looks 100 % better,

Mike, Bitch away. I'm getting convinced that with size comes a certain amount on non sense.

Allan, Did you know a mother pelican with rip off her own skin to feed her baby in a famine.

I've got the sustainability editor of the Georgia paper coming to visit today

GTG

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old February 2nd, 2018, 08:54 AM

Ya know what I like? getting to work, and 20 minutes into production, having the fire alarm go off. Outside everybody, lining up in the designated area in the parking lot. Oh, did I mention that it was 10° out there with a wind chill of zero! Turns out that it was an alarm malfunction. Allan, I was hoping while standing in the parking lot, that a Fed Express truck would show up with my can of sunshine.
Old February 2nd, 2018, 11:19 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hola y'all,
about 86° here right now. Only feels like 89 though with the breeze.
I was chatting with a buddy back home last night and he suggested I try iguana BBQ. Um, no. I don't care if it does taste like cheekin.

Dan, sorry bud. I've looked everywhere for one and I know what it feels like to be out in the cold for a fire alarm. Hope it was a false alarm and you got back inside quick. Don't be catching a cold.

Jim, that's just a picture I don't need to see. Maybe bob Barker or drew Carey should start telling people to have their pelicans spayed or neutered??

Mike, why don't ya think you could pass anlead interview? I bet you could. But if you got lead.and showed improvement with shift production the other leads might get jealous. Tough for them. I say go for it and see what happens.

My diet has officially been blown all to he**. Oh well.....