The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

I wonder sometimes if I'm not on Candid Camera. Let's see what all this guy can take. Twas 43 in the house this morning when I got home and it stayed there all day. I fully expect it to get below 40 tonight in here.

Last night I'd call a success, leaving Tiger in my bedroom. He did find the box to my new electric razor and shredded it all over. That is partly my fault because I had forgotten to put his bones in there. So he can stay inside tonight. He'll be back in there again, I hope he was comfy.

Last night at work we had our quarterly pow wow. What's funny is the things they made the biggest deal about are things we seem to ignore, from the managers down. Parts. We routinely wait over an hour to get the parts we order. The managers were surprised last night to learn that our parts(for the cabin) are in the same area as the rest of the airplane's parts. The roads around here are treacherous, yet did they say don't come in if you'll be in danger? Nope. That's probably because they themselves stayed home. I'm sure it's the same in many other big companies, but ironic that they squawked about it last night in the meeting and then crickets.

So, the roads. Jamesbo we got at least 4 inches here on the south side. It was slick driving home this morning but after the fools going 80 went into the ditch it wasn't so bad. It never got out of the 20s today so I hope things are better going in, but we'll see. A co-worker called me this afternoon and asked if I was going to go in tonight. I said, why wouldn't I. Sheesh if we had a state of emergency up home every time it snowed we would cease to exist.

Clint I have enough fire wood for 10 lifetimes. That's the exact reason I didn't want my renters to put firewood on the porch because I didn't want bugs or critters to get in the house. But every time I went over there, there it was on the porch right up against the wall. I made sure they didn't want to re-up when their lease was up. In fact they were such awful people I sold the house when they left.

Of course no word from the AC guy. I didn't expect him to show up today but he could have at least called. Eh, I'm tough. Tiger is taken care of. I think of all the people who don't have a place and would love to be in my 40 degree house out of the wind.

Okay, time to try it. I may call from the ditch later. Bet there's more than a few that don't show up tonight. Hope everyone has a good Hump Night.
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:29 PM

I'm wearing something similar to these Keen's that I bought about eight years ago.
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:44 AM

mawn'in

Still in the teens but roads have clear a mite.

Clint, Ya don't wanta be left out showing your cold weather foot wear

I long for the day when I can put these on. They feel wonderful in the morning dew [not so hot in the sand traps]

I think it's getting close to time to fix the heater in the Cheby truck

Have a great day Olds friends
Old January 18th, 2018, 05:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, I have a pair close to that near the front door. those are my easy slip ons to go start the truck in the morning.

Mike, They musta been bad for you to give up your rental. Sad state of affairs that there are such horror stories about renters. I've rented my shop for 24 years and have to do all the upkeep and repairs on the place. dumped a bunch into it last year with new paint, a new sign plumbing, etc. and the year before that a $7k fence.

Dan, I hadn't heard about a meteor. Did it hit near any population? I wonder what that will do to our axis?

Gonna be nice the next couple days. upper 50's today and near 70 tomorrow.

Have a day.
Old January 18th, 2018, 06:22 AM

Afternoon.

Been snowing since yesterday, and getting colder.
Just ate. We do like to eat soup's and porridge at winter-times, they give a nice warm feeling.

Quess i go heat sauna soon. Noticed something between N-crank and "regular" crank, which i havent seen mentioned anywhere. At the "regular" lighweight crank, parting-lines are really, really rough on casting. At N-crank, they have either cleaned and smoothed parting lines, or had way better molds. Interesting. Sad my other crank is 14 miles away, cant take comparing pics.

Anyways, ill go heat the sauna. Have a day!
Old January 18th, 2018, 07:09 AM

1972 Cutlass Convertible

I ordered a 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible in 1972. it was black on black with a 442 hood scoop and i ordered it with no pin stripping and the cheapest wheels they had at the time. It had 350 engine Auto Trans, bucket seats, console, AM FM Cassette. AC. It was shipped to Cooper Olds Yukon OK. Is there any way to find the serial number on that car? Can that car be located? How many were there built in !972 Black on Black buckets with 442 Scoop? This was not a 442.
Old January 18th, 2018, 08:00 AM

Bless their little pea picking hearts, What once was farm land around me is now [because of a great school system] wall to wall Mc Mansions that were slapped together.

Young couples move in from somewhere, rear their kids and get transferred out to somewhere else about every 5/6 years. AND about the only thing they know about home ownership is how to pack and unpack and call the moving van.

Anywho EVER year these poor ladies have pipes breaking all over the place and every year, I have to give them 101 on FB. So today A-gain, I have to introduce them to the wonders of the water key
Old January 18th, 2018, 08:55 AM

ghart0x, I would post this over in the general info thread to get more responses. You don't have a serial number, but a vin number, on your title and on the car on the drivers side dash, at the base of the windsheild, viewed from the outside. Records for how many cars came with what options are not available on Oldsmobiles of this era. Clint, the meteor came from the north and hit or fragmented in the S.E. Michigan area.
Old January 18th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well, fingers crossed. The AC man was here today and got everything back together. It was 38 in the house when I got home this morning. Tiger was in my room again and I don't think he got off the bed all night. The furnace has been going for a couple hours now, it's in the 50s, so hopefully that's the end of the trouble.

It got damn cold at work last night. We didn't have any particular work assigned to us so the lead gave each one of us a concourse and we went to every plane and checked for work. I think I visited over 30 planes. A lot of them were going back out, some didn't have much to do, but that's getting in and out of the truck and going up and down the stairs 30 times. I was beat at the end of the night.

Clint, some of the highlights of getting the house back together, it took me two hours to get the kitchen floor clean. There were boogers on the walls in one of the bedrooms(the girls room!). The place smelled so bad of cats; every time I went over there they had another one. This after I told her no cats in the first place(but we already have two and can't bear to give them up). Initially it was one woman and three kids that moved in . One day I went over there and there was a man with two girls getting out of a car. He snarled at me and said who are you? I said, I own this house that's who I am. His tune changed quickly. It would have been nice to know that these new people were moving in. No, I decided quickly that I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to completely rebuild my house and put up with a new batch of losers every 6 months.

You guys and your fancy footwear. You should just wear work boots. Redwings are comfortable and at roughly 5lbs each, they're good for your legs.

Okay time to get ready for work. I'm trying to take tomorrow off but it isn't working very well. Too bad I already said something, because a case of blue flu isn't hard to conjure up.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 18th, 2018, 10:18 PM

Mike, I have a pair of Keen work boots as well, but they aren't insulated for the great out of doors!
Old January 19th, 2018, 05:08 AM

mawn'in

Mike, Glad ya got your heater fixed, it's spose ta warm up

Note to self, Open the hood and look at the water pump before tearing into dash/glove box heater blender motor.

I started managing property as a kid when my mom made me look after a small rental house. Gulf Life Insurance company's lawyer was VERY unhappy when the renters kid shot out theiur sign with his BB gun.

When I was in the property management business we had 500 apartments 50 condoms, and 12 shopping centers we looked after. I am so GLAD I don't do that any more.

I have several pair of "regular boots" I think Gokey's are the best

Old January 19th, 2018, 09:01 AM

1972 Cutlass Conv

I didnt know how this discussion group worked and still not sure. I don't have the car any longer it left several years ago with the xwife. Id like to tract it down but dont know how just yet.
Thanks for the reply
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by ghart0x
I didnt know how this discussion group worked and still not sure.
Neither does anyone else on the 'Good Morning Thread" It's just for fun.

" Thank God and Greyhound, she's gone"
Old January 19th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Work was a beast last night. The new lead, who is an old lead, gave me a lighting problem on a 900. Might as well ask me to speak Russian. Another guy who is good with that stuff came to help me and it still took 3 hours. I'm happy to report that all the lights were working properly when the plane left this morning.

So I got tonight off, and I'll leave at 0'Dark Thirty in the morning for my Mom's. Tiger is going to jail. I don't have any major hauling requirements this time so I'm taking the Cruze. Geez why don't I just fly.

It was a cozy 63* in here this morning when I got home. Quite an improvement over the last few days. The thermostat is a little ambiguous but I think I'll leave it right there. It's going to be nice this weekend it won't come on much.

Ghart there can't be too many cars like that because black wasn't a standard color on the Cutlass for 72. Be careful looking for the car. It might still be attached to the exwife.

Guess I'll do something before I have to take Tiger. I love going to see my Mom but I hate not having any part of the weekend to myself. Makes the next week at work seem that much longer.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old January 20th, 2018, 05:05 AM

mawn'in

Heade norte

Enjoy the weekend Olds friends
Old January 20th, 2018, 10:39 AM

ghart0x, at the top of this page, there is a "Forums" tab that you can click on to give yourself an idea of where to post. I would use the General Discussion forum to post what you are trying to find. It will be difficult to track down that car, even if you had the vin number. Your hood is called O.A.I, "Outside Air Induction", or Forced Air, Olds speak for ram air. Just tell everyone that it had the O.A.I., or glass hood. Not too common on '72 Supreme's, but we do have a member here who has one. if you know where the ex is, or some of her friends, you might put out some feelers to them or her to find out what happened to the car, of course, it depends on how amicable the divorce was.
Old January 21st, 2018, 08:04 AM

Evening.

Quiet here. Cant complain, ive been silent too. Well, not much happened anyways, was sick or something? else interesting for few days.

Tomorrow to garage again, gonna disassemble my old fuel line, im changing that too. Its 42 years old, so i quess its time to change the pipes and hoses.

Okay, have a nice sunday guys, there it just turned to evening.
Old January 21st, 2018, 12:55 PM

Gonna get up real early and go smack whitey [1st time in a month] before the rain comes. Check with y'all later in the day
Old January 22nd, 2018, 04:04 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, no bueno. I really don't want to be a landlord. ever again. Only had a couple renters in the MIL apt which is now the garage. I had good renters but it was still a pain.

Jamesbo, water key?

Well we got 6-7" of snow yesterday. I shoveled a few times but was really a slacker for most of the day. Bought some tires for the dirt scooters, had too much rotten potatoes,and the missus wanted a fire so we cranked it up. it was 78F in here last night when we went to bed. still 71F this morning and the coals are still working. furnace didn't come on once since yesterday morning. Take that Xcel.

Have a day.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 09:51 AM

Evening.

Off from sauna. Refreshing outside Snowed at night, did snowwork just recently when heated up the sauna..
Not much more. Didnt even get my *** to garage today. Was "too busy", yeah.. Tomorrow ill go..

Have a day all.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:13 AM

Played like a goat but good to finally get out for a while

Clint, What we call the thingy ya shut the water meter off with
Old January 22nd, 2018, 10:44 AM

Still no snow.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 02:29 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little while ago from Mom's and just got back from picking up Tiger. He was good this weekend and his prize was getting his shots. Actually, his prize was going to Awful house.

Got one wall of the bedroom painted this weekend, but got a few odds and ends done. We had a nice visit. Nothing seems to be disturbed around here and the furnace is still working.

I think we'll take a ride to Summit Racing this evening. I ordered a gas tank for the Chev on January 6 and it was supposed to be shipped to me the next week. Still no sign of it and they didn't give me a tracking number, or even tell me what company is shipping it. Gotta find out the deal.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Work tomorrow. Have a good evening.
Old January 22nd, 2018, 11:47 PM

Morning.

Refreshing again. -1F today. Nice and clear sky, beautiful to watch with cup of coffee on your hand, and on the warm side of window glass.

LondonCutlass - Plenty of snow. Visit Finland, and we answer to your call.

I think im not going today either to garage.. Maybe tomorrow.. Theres just not much to do, just rip old fuel-lines off, and thats it. Otherwise its just waiting for machinery time.

Okay, have a good day everyone!
Old January 23rd, 2018, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, Gotcha. don't cha'll have a valve at the house that you can turn off?
Old January 23rd, 2018, 05:17 AM

mawn'in

Maybe the rain stopped

Clint, I live on an old farm with a well, The water key thingy is my FB attempt to help out sum of my neighbors wives that a] don't know zip about home ownership b] Live in POS slapped together mcmansions c] Husband travel all the time.

What happens when it get cold is they have broken pipes and notice their [out of town neighbors ] windows fogging up. Yes, they have shut off in their homes but 90% of them don't know where they are located. The water key is to shut off their neighbors house when they see the windows fogging up

Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:18 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day out, just a tad over 50 and sunny. Cold tonight, though. Still beats arctic.

We took a drive to Summit last night and the cashier told me the tank is back ordered from the vendor and it should arrive Feb 8. Dorman has places all over the country and in Shanghai. I'm guessing I know which one my tank is coming from.

I only know of one water shutoff for my house and that's out at the street next to the meter. Up home we had a shutoff inside and also needed that water key for the shutoff in the front yard.

Clint don't you really feel like you're sticking it to the gas company? So nice.

Monday for me. Not looking forward to it but at least I know Tiger won't be shivering over night. He's going back in his room.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 03:24 PM

Had enough of this chilly weather and so I’m flying off to Tenerife in the morning till Sunday. A very pleasant 80F.

Spent the day at my building site making lots of decisions, I think that’s why I’ve been so cold today.

Case is packed and I’m due 4 hours sleep before I’m off.
Old January 23rd, 2018, 11:21 PM

Morning.

LondonCutlass - Have fun at Teneriff. But hey, you was supposed to visit somewhere with snow? Its snowing here again, and its refreshing outside No worries of sweating, i promise!

Jamesbo - At really cold temps i need to shut-off water to my sauna ( its cold outside building) from main-house, otherwise it freezes shut. Id bet the water-pipe is too close to ground. But it dont really matter, its not a big deal to sometimes open and close water to sauna.

Soo.. I just ate breakfast, soon ill do some porridge, then head to garage. Sauna day too. Have a day.
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:22 AM

mawn'in

A mite colder this mawn'in

London, Safe travels

Gotta weight around for a marker deliver today I tired driving up to Elberton and picking them up, it's about the same amount of time but I waste alot of gas to save $100 shipping charge

Inline, The problem with these pipes is sorry a$$ builders cut corners to make an extra buck

Old January 24th, 2018, 05:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Been busy lately. Being mr mom and a 4 day curling schedule is wearing me down. Anutter 5 days and we will be in sunny meheeko for a couple weeks. Lots to still get done.

Clint, the new modulating variable speed furnace with wifi control is working great. It's an even 70 all the time, or whatever it's set to. The energy bills are showing less gas use too.

Jim, I thought everyone had inside shut offs. Up here were not allowed to touch the outside shut offs because they remain the property of the utility company and technically are still on city land.

London, safe travels.

Jouni, enjoy your down time.

Adrian's last day in Canada today. Wow the time has gone by fast. Safe travels home. It was super nice to meet them. Minnette and Allegra are really cute kids and I can see why he's so proud of them. They didn't miss any school as their system runs different than here.

Almost time for brekkie, then shower and head off to curling.
Old January 24th, 2018, 12:25 PM
CQR

Afternoon all.

Jamesbo. I don't think I'm allowed to turn off my own water out there. my meter cover is locked IIRC. I do get what you are trying to do tho.

Mike I'm sure I'll lose the war, but I do like to win a battle occasionally.

Allan, Glad it's working as advertised.

Welp, dropped dad off to get some stents this morning. the missus talked with the surgeon yesterday. looks like she'll be cut on maybe towards the end of Feb.

Have a day.
Old January 24th, 2018, 02:43 PM

Evening all

It’s a very pleasant 74F here in Tenerife and I can feel my bones soaking up some well needed sunshine. Damn noisy flight as we had a whole load of Greek basketball fans on board who went through their whole book of songs.

Jouni. I want some snow at home, not on holiday. You’ll be pleased to know I’ve booked an hour in the sauna tomorrow, not sure if they let you drink beer in there though!

Really stunning hotel I’ve booked it’s called Bahia Del Duque. My wife knows the director here so we managed to wangle one of the best rooms, it’s normally $800 a night, not sure what I’m paying yet but it’s certainly not that much.
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Always room for one more

Greetings from Big D.

My sister called when I was getting ready for work and we talked long enough to make me a little late leaving. I still made it on time, in fact I chased the foreman in. Waiting for a truck now so I have a little while.

London hope you have a great time. I saw Tenerife on TV the other day.

Clint hope Dad does well.

Jamesbo did you get the heater fixed in your truck?

Guess I'll look up some parts in anticipation of the planes coming in. Both mine tonight are from the west coast, LA and San Francisco.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old January 24th, 2018, 09:54 PM

Allan, our water shut offs are the same as yours, at least in my part of the country. I have an inside shut off, and there is one on the property line that is for the city to access if need be. Clint, hope it goes well for your dad. My snowblower damage wasn't as bad as I thought, a bent impeller whapping on the sides of the inside of the base of the chute, should have it back in a couple of days. Rock 1, snowblower 0.
Old January 25th, 2018, 03:40 AM

mawn'in

Chili but have an early appointment to see why I'm still vertical. The Doc jes can't figure it out

Mike, Yep it wasn't the heater it was a leaking water pump

GTG

Old January 25th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,

Colder today and looks like a snow day.

Dan, yup it sounds the same. When we did renovations last year I installed indidual shutoff valves on every faucet line. Code here doesn't require that but it makes way more sense than shutting off the whole house water to do a repair. I had to get the utility to shut off the water from outside a few years ago so a plumber could install a new inside shutoff that had failed.

London, $800/night is too rich for my bank account. Even if it was half of that.

Jim, good to hear it's fixed. Good luck at the continuing adventure of confuse a doc.

Looks like Adrian made it home safe and sound. Bet he didn't miss their wicked hot weather.

Time to start getting ready for another game at the granite. It's an older club and they have some drawbacks. Rink is way too cold, ice is dirty, and lighting really sucks.
Old January 25th, 2018, 07:59 AM

Evening.

What a day- rained water and temp was on plus side.. Quess is it slippery now outside
Finally received my intake too! Its beautiful! Yesterday visited garage too, but like i said, not that much to do before machining. Took rear-speaker of, going to replace them to new ones, and eyed my fuel line. Also eyed where im gonna attach my hitch. Its well doable without bolting to bumber which i dont want.

Allan R - Thank god that ice isnt too slippery Hmm, we have two main-shutoffs at house, and one at walkway, so that makes 3. And that one separate shutoff to sauna

LondonCutlass - Tell us how was that sauna? I bet its one of those "turkey'ish saunas", where its really humid but not that warm

Okay, have a day all! Im drinking some pretty bad whiskey currently, i made the mistake and bought cheap bottle - idiot. Live and learn..
Old January 26th, 2018, 02:12 AM

Morning. Actually its day already, but who cares.

Still on warm side, snow melting.. Then it goes to cold and rains snow.. great.
Not too much to do today, either. Heat the sauna, sand the intake ( not the one i just got, the one im assembling to my car) etc. Heavily debating on my head about ditching the AC from my car. I dont need it to anything. Its just a burden there.

Okay, have a friday everyone!
Old January 26th, 2018, 05:02 AM

mawn'in

Amazingly, I'm in good health I just seem to annoy my bride a bit.

Trying to decide what to do today

a] Head norte b] smack whitey?

I'll have ta get back wit cha