The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2017, 07:26 AM

Afternoon

Allan happy bday to your son. It'd my boys tomorrow and my Grandsons on Tuesday. Sounds like an expensive week!
Man flu has gone to my chest and I'm coughing like I've a 40 a day habit.

Doing absolutely nothing today as I haven't got any energy apart from watching sport on the tv.

London weather grey and gloomy. Rain this morning and hovering around 50.
Old November 11th, 2017, 08:09 AM

Evening. This time got alot done at garage. Currently heating sauna up, wife went shopping after i did food for us, comes back, who knows when?

Allan R - Remote start?????? WTF????????? Gimme it!!!!!!! Every frost Morning first thing to do if going to work, is going outside to start the car. It has electric block heater + "inside heater", whatever its called, but its more easy to just go start it, since our starting time varies from day to day, so adjusting electric clock every day gets old quickly.... Hmmmmmm......... Best invention since heated seats, cruise-control and automatic transmission. And Happy Birthday to your son. Damn, hes just 3 years younger than me

Last edited by Inline; November 11th, 2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thank you London and Jouni. I'll pass along BD wishes to him from you. He was up till the wee hours of the morning (I think around 05:00?) so he's still asleep in his comfy bed. I'm not going to bug him about it on his BD.

Jouni, I wanted to put a remote start in my car for a long time too, but I'm too cheap. It would cost me close to $700.00 here and for that kind of $ I can walk out and start the car. I also have a block heater so when it gets really cold I plug in the car and give it a better chance of cold weather starting. If it gets REALLY cold, I run an in car heater inside the car. Both the block heater and inside heater are activated by a wall switch inside the house. No need to go outside. Just remember to plug stuff in the night before.

I'm going to head out to the boneyard. They have 3 donor Saturns that I'm going to look at. I'm so sick of the aftermarket fuel pump acting up I'm going to chance an OEM one that's 22 years old. Hopefully I can get ahold of some friends who have heated garages. Compared to the past week, it's a balmy -2 outside right now so I best head out and get the part. I don't think I'll be gentle to the tank hoses, they'll get the knife. One thing I like about Pick and Pull is they put the cars up high off the ground so I don't have to worry about getting under to undo the tank strap bolts and there's enough clearance for the tank to drop down and out after the electrical connector is undone.

London, sorry to hear you're not getting better. It sucks to be restricted to bed and feel like crap. Ever try Buckley's? That stuff really is what it's advertised as. Tastes Awful, and it works. Take a nice hot shower first to loosen up the crud in your throat and nose.. Good luck!
Old November 11th, 2017, 12:36 PM

Allan, I agree, pulling the front bumper to change a headlight bulb is a joke, cost me $50 at the dealership the last time that I had it done for the Saturn. The Santa Fe doesn't have a remote start, that sucks, I was spoiled by it, came in handy to get the car warmed up a bit before going home from work. Went to my high school football teams playoff game today, we played a well known state power who was 9-1 coming in to the game (we were 10-0), It was 35 to nothing at the half (us), I left, as the aluminum bleachers were making my butt cold! (33°F). By the time that I got home 25 minutes later, we were up 49-0, so I think that it was well in hand at that point.
Old November 12th, 2017, 06:14 AM

Afternoon guys.

Just came from the movie, re-filmatisation of "Unknown Soldier", which is displayed every year at our independence day.

It was good. Have to say, even better than the original black-and white. If it ever hits your cinemas, ill suggest you to go watch it. It follows Machine Gun Company on Continuation War.

Funny fact, how do you know things are too well here? One female feminist journalist asked for real from director, why there wasnt more womens presented on the movie, mainly just mens. I mean, WTF??????? Was she real?????? That was legendary stuff from the minute it was asked.

Whats up everyone else? Was a fathers day today here in Finland.
Another great example things are too well here: at our Capital, Helsinki, few schools held instead " Relatives day" so those without dad wouldnt get upset. WTF?????? Life aint fair, and i bet those childrens wouldnt have minded about having fathers day even they dont have one, ill bet its those idiotic parents/ adults who made a problem out of nowhere.

Last edited by Inline; November 12th, 2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old November 12th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Up and out early this morning. Awful house was busy but I didn't see any of the regulars.

It rained last night and is still misting a little this morning. I had thought I'd work over at the shop today but not if everything is wet. I did a bunch of digging in the back yard yesterday, trying to level out an area. Tiger was a big help, he dug, too. Gonna be inside stuff today.

Dan 49-0? I'd say that's a skunk.

How we doing today London?

Okay gonna go find some trouble. Have a good day everyone.
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:30 AM

Thanks for asking Mike, today I'm still feeling rough but I'm putting on a brave face as its the boys bday. Bought him a new all singing all dancing UHD TV and disc player so I spent the morning fixing it to the wall and connecting everything for him.
Later we are out for some tapas in town even though all I want to do is go back to bed.

Winters coming here. Down to mid 40s with winds blowing in from the Arctic. I normally go away for Christmas but this year I'm doing dinner for nine. Just my luck to marry the only Spanish woman that can't cook! Then on New Year's Day I'm taking part in the London Parade. I think I'm dressing up as an elephant!
Old November 12th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning,
cold foggy and frosty morning here. In other words a normal start to the day.

I'm starting to not like working around gas. Last time I changed the fuel pump it made me throw up. Ditto yesterday getting the sender out if the donor car. While the tank was mostly empty from being punctured, there was still about ½ cup in the 3 lines to the front and when the connections came apart it spilled on the ground beside me. No choice but to breathe the vapors.

Curling olympic trials play down for the Canadian teams started last Monday. The top teams will compete for Olympic honor starting first week of December. My PVR has been busy. The early games start at 04:00😮

​Jouni, that sounds messed up. No sauna but right now I have my cozy fire place going. Adds a nice feel to the room.

Jim must still be up norte.

I see Tink got Adrian flying lessons for his birthday. He posted a lit of photos of the experience and it looks like he had a great time. Smile from.ear to ear. He could be a Robertson now with the beard he's grown.

Enjoy your reprieve from.the salt mines.
Old November 12th, 2017, 11:57 AM

I'm Back

To a broken heat system Guess I'll crank up the wood stove.
Old November 13th, 2017, 04:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning.
Monday werm? How unusual.
Not much new, but I did get a buddy with a heated garage to let me use it tomorrow to do the 3rd heart transplant. I hope this works. It's an OEM donor part, so we'll see.

Jim, welcome back. You whackin whitey today?
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:36 AM

Nope, Got another funeral It's "Dank " [ Inline that means wet and cold] anyway. I hate this weather

Got the Cheby 2500 4X4 tuned up and the oil changed. Maybe it's good for another 270,000 miles

Allan, That's the kid of friend that would help ya move a body

London, I chase sum brandy with sum Nyquil

Did anyone ever notice how long it takes a minor cut on the tip of your index finger to heal? I nicked mine with a knife opening sum of that Chinese mustard for my egg roll a week ago and still can't type worth a Tinkers Hurray

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old November 13th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, I doubt it. He's also a police officer...
Old November 13th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful out, if not a little chilly. Been to the Awful house and back, and for the second time forgot to mail my letters. Eh, I have until 5 this evening.

Sorry Dan, but it looks like I'll have to get my Durkee's online as well. Went to the store yesterday but they didn't have it. Guess I'll have to settle for plain old mayo for my turkey sandwich.

Jamesbo did you get your furnace fixed? If it weren't for Tiger I wouldn't have heat this winter. I would have toughed it out with the wood stove, but it goes out too quick if I'm not right there to keep feeding it. Tiger would have icicles on his ears by the time I got home in the mornings.

Well not sure what to do today. I need to go over to the shop but I hate walking around in tall, wet grass. Maybe this afternoon if the sun stays out.

Anybody ever heard of some guy named Peter Robberecht? He's Peter Prince of Piano. Quite the showman. I used to watch this clip on YouTube of him doing his rendition of the Charlie Brown song on a red piano, but now I can't find it, and there's nothing about him anywhere that I can find on the internet. I wonder if he got thrown in jail for something despicable and he's been erased from society.

Okay hope the week starts out good for everyone.
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jim, I doubt it. He's also a police officer...
Does he know Sgt Preston?

BTW do y'all have police and RCMP or are they the same?
Old November 13th, 2017, 07:50 AM

Chilly but bright and sunny, just the type of day that makes your nose drip constantly.

I love the idea of brandy and NyQuil but the problem is I don’t drink and I’m not sure if we get NyQuil here! But I get where you’re coming from.

Well, back to work today and I started off with a meeting in our town hall with our Mayor. I’ve now been officially put in charge of organising the charity car show and craft fair for next April, should be fun. I will post a thread in case some of the other guys from the UK fancy coming along, there’s definitely two Olds coming and it would be nice to get a few more.

Anyway, back to sneezing and wheezing. Have a great week.
Old November 13th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, we have both. He doesn't know Preston and he doesn't ride a horse, but he loves his quads, hunting and his dog. Can't get much better than that huh? Umm, no he doesn't golf, but a heck of a good friend. He would do the brandy and NyQuil witchu.
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Evening.

Not much happening here. Just usuals.

Allan R - Lets hope 3rd transplant works. Then sell it and quick

Jamesbo - I remember what "dank" means from last time But thanks nonetheless! Sometimes its hard to wonder wth are you guys talking about

LondonCutlass - Its never too late to taste some Brandy
Quess you have your hands full now with that charity car-show?

Okay, have a good week everyone!
Old November 13th, 2017, 10:20 AM

Cool and a little breezy this afternoon in the low 40's, we're supposed to get hit with a storm this weekend, with 50 mph winds, rain, and snow, sorta like Earth, Wind & Fire's evil twin. Should be fun.
Old November 13th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sounds like everyone's experiencing the same crappy weather.

London, Sorry I forgot the one BD, tomorrow you'll be celebrating another. All the best wishes to both boys.

Jouni, I think that's a great idea. The Missus has other thoughts. I sincerely hope the transplant works. I don't think it's the FPR, just the pump. Everything started going wrong after the pump was installed. Leads me to believe it's defective.

Dan, stay inside and warm. You'll love this - guess where the Malibu parks? In the garage where the remote start isn't needed. I find that funny. I ordered some replacement rubber pads for the key fobs. The symbols on them are pretty worn out. Not affecting function though. The pad inserts are cheap - only 5.75 each
Old November 14th, 2017, 05:57 AM

mawn'in

Chili but spose to warm up a mite

Busy day at the cemetery. another family coming to plan, I'm on a roll, maybe I should place an order for a new Lambo NOT

Mike, W/o any heat don't ya jes hate that first step out of the shower? I love getting in but hate getting out

London, How ya feeling today?

WTH is Clint?]

Inline, I hate ta tell ya this but the English you're learning from me , most folks wouldn't understand at all

GTG Have a great Day Olds friends
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Snowed 2" last night so gotta do some shoveling. Then off to Dales to be the Christian Bernard of Saturn land. Such a nasty job.

Went to Costco yesterday afternoon and plumb cleaned out my wallet. Didn't even find any moths

Jim, I think Clint is just working hard. I chatted with him a little on Messenger. Sounds like he's doing well. I really love the porch roof they did, looks spectacular.

Time to whomp up some cackleberries, ham and toast.

Enjoy your day
Old November 14th, 2017, 07:24 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I was wrong... Closer to 4" of white stuff. When the weather turn to crap, why does the weatherman deliver in spades?
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:50 AM

Evening.

Soon to sauna. Felt like a really long day despite from home-door to home-door it was only 11,5hr ???

Jamesbo - No probs, i just tell them that i was teached to speak like this By your own grammar police

Allan R - Dont tell missus, send him to shopping center, and meanwhile, get a RID of that pos!

Wet snow raining here.. Winter, where are you hiding from me? Spare the Canadiens, hit Finland instead.

Have a day.
Old November 14th, 2017, 01:05 PM

Evening all

Feeling a bit better today, thanks for asking.
Allan, you think going to Costco clears your wallet you should try taking your Grandson into a famous toy shop and say you can have whatever you want! We did however have a really nice day together.

Finally started the building work on my daughters house. Complete rebuild with a lot of structural changes. So we’ve completely ripped out the interior so all that’s left is 4 walls and a roof and have started to dig trench foundations. I will put up a few pics now and again.

Doing a bit of Olds work tomorrow. I want to change the convertible hood from a white cloth to a black vinyl so I’m going to the trimmers to measure up for a new one. Had a quote for wrapping the car, £6k plus. Hmm.

No sign of any white stuff here, though a bit chilly, I had to wear a coat today.
Old November 14th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It must be morning. I just got back from the Awful house. Actually, I had an errand I needed to run, so I told Tiger he could go with and we'd stop for a bite. I'm the one who got the treat, this lady came in to order a sandwich and wanted it very specific, and the chef got it all wrong. So he remade it and gave me the old one. Nothing wrong with it, just not what she wanted.

I think I'll put a black vinyl hood on my convertible as well. Might come out a bit different than yours, London Is your top all ripped up or you just want a change?

Jamesbo when I went that one winter with no heat, I had a space heater in one room and a one in my bedroom. I'd wear a coat to fix my food in the kitchen and then just lived in the two heated rooms. The bathroom is next to the bedroom so I'd just flip it around. I had a nice space heater that I've used for years but somehow the end got chewed off the cord.

Tis Monday. It's gonna be a long week because I'm on vacation next week. We'll see how it goes.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old November 14th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Tuesday Close

A fairly good day for me, except for puking my guts out from smelling all the gas fumes.

Dale has a nice 26x26 garage with 11' ceiling and air exchanger and humidity control. I'd keel for a garage like that. Oh, it also has a wash station and sump so the car doesn't need to go to the car wash. Another thing to keel for....

I stopped in at rotten Ronnies and picked up a couple coffees to start the visit. Dale was just finishing clearing the snow from his mega driveway when I arrived so the hot coffee made him feel good. I also bought him a bottle of champagne to have a nice evening with his missus after the kids go to sleep

Didn't take long to put the car up. I brought ramps so the front would be high off the ground, and we jacked the rear up so there was an easy 20" of clearance under the pinch weld jack areas. That gave me close to almost 25" of clearance under the car where I needed access, which it turns out is way more than I really need. The fuel tank was about 1/2 full, so we disconnected the fuel supply from the pump and jumpered pins 30 and 87 to run the fuel out to a waiting Jerry can.

After that it was ezpz getting the bolts out, disconnect the electrical and drop the tank. Funny thing is the locking ring fought me all the way. It took some good hits to release which is weird since it has been off 2 times starting October 4. The replacement donor pump went in really nicely and buttoned up fairly quickly. The toughest part of getting the tank back in is reconnecting the fuel filler rubber hose and vent hose to the tank. I figured out that disconnecting the filler spout from the body made the job 10x easier. Reconnect the supply, return and vent lines and fill with fuel. Budda bing budda bang budda boom. It started up just fine and settled down fairly quickly.

I've started the car several times now on short hops around town and it's starting just like it should. I took it to the gas station and filled it, and it no longer has that awful explosive rush of air coming out of the tank when the cap is released. Just like when it was new. I'll monitor it for the next few days and see how it goes, but I think that the OEM pump was the right thing to do. In the meantime I have an email in to RA to see if they will refund the price of the original pump since it was defective. I know Clint will appreciate that I used OEM, because he uses OEM parts whenever he can.

Jouni, it's not really a POS. I drove that car off the showroom floor new. It hasn't cost me much more than normal wear/tear for the first 19 years of ownership. things like muffler, brakes, belt tensioner, alternator, battery. All stuff that wears out and needs to be replaced over time. Overall the car is in very good shape. I did a lot of work to it myself in 2015 because I was giving it to my son to drive. It gets a respectable 9,1 L/100 km in the city and 5.9 L /100 on the highway. Unfortunately it has the 1.9 SOHC engine which would get huge laughs at the drag strip.

London, LOL you opened your wallet carte blanche on that statement. Toys nowadays are expensive, it's quite a big business. We have a store here that's called Toys R Us which is a kids mega heaven. Sadly it's going into receivership. Enjoy the fun your son and grandson give you spending your money! Wait till they need stuff like orthodontics...that's also a big hit in the wallet.

Jim, I guess your plans for the Lambo will have to wait another time??
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:57 PM

A telephoto lens that I have yearned for, for awhile (Tamron 150mm-600mm), came up on sale at a really good price, it was $1069.00, now $799.00, but I just can't pull the trigger. I've wanted a good telephoto like this for ages, I want to get out and do some nature pics. Arrg!
Old November 15th, 2017, 05:36 AM

mawn'in

Chil but need to clean the gutters. y'all don all volunteer to help all at once.

Allan, Sounds like a great friend to have Glad ya go things fixed.

Mike, My heater is now fixed and although I lived w/o central heat for years [only 3 fireplaces and one wood stove] I sure to like turn the dial heat.

Good luck with the new lens, it should make bear watching much safer.

Inline, Have you ever calculated how much of your life you spend in the sauna? Jes curious

Leaves await

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 15th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Woodensday so that means off to curling in about 45 minutes. Hopefully the road idiots will be off to the side in ditches or stay home where they belong, in a straight jacket. Now if Jerome can figure out how to throw a rock, we have a good chance of coming in a close second....

Tv repair dude will be here this afternoon. I'm so sick of them telling me the problem is I just need to reboot the modem every month. I never had to for the first year and a half. They better find the answer or I'll get service from another company.

Dan, maybe the lens will come down again on Black Friday. I'm with you, I couldn't pull the trigger on that unless my livelihood depended on it.

Jim, have fun wit de leaves. You burn em or mulch em? Btw, Dale was diagnosed with cancer years ago and has done a lot of chemo. Still has it, but controlled now heavily with drugs. He's only 38

Last edited by Allan R; November 15th, 2017 at 06:40 AM.
Old November 15th, 2017, 08:34 AM

Guys, my plans were to get a small suv, a kayak, and a long lens for photo ops. I want to paddle around the Muskegon river and it's branches, and get wildlife pics along the way.
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:23 AM

Evening.

Great day- got to drive the big beast today! Big CMM. Was a great day- did i say it already?

Allan R - It was half a joke Weird about you giving up from gas fumes. Dunno is it really weird, but for me it is. Dont have such a symptons. Bet you would like the smell of evaporating diesel-fuel, which is used to clean asfalt-machines from bitumen ( only stuff which really works, thats why), and when you spray it to hooot metal, it evaporates slowly

Jamesbo - Nope, havent calculated. Average 5-6 hours per week?

1969w3155 - Just hit the "order" button. Money at grave wont give you any joy

Okay- happy humpday!
Old November 15th, 2017, 09:33 AM

Hiya

Allan, we have Toys r us as well but it seems to be all full of plastic toys and games. I’m a bit more traditional and like nice wooden toys etc. In the Uk it’s free for all types of dentistry unless you want to jump the queues and go private.

Took the Cutty for a good 80mile shakedown today and came back with 2 problems that you may be able help with. Firstly there seems to be a lot of fumes coming into the cabin. Any ideas on that?
And secondly before I put it on the wanted section has anyone got an indicator stalk and switch for a 68.

I’ve decided to go for a new convertible hood in black. Is there much difference between the vinyl and the mohair ones.

Feeling a bit more like myself today but I’ve shared my germs with the wife. Not happy.

Taking my staff out tonight as a thank you for our inspection. Me and 45 women. !!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if I will actually get one word in, apart from “can I have the bill please”
Old November 15th, 2017, 11:16 AM
CQR

Afternoon all.

been busy. the water heater in the house went TU the other night. had to get a couple inches of water out of the basement. got the new heater in yesterday. now the big cleanup begins.

Dad is in having a pressure test done on both chambers of his heart to see if an Atrial valve replacement will benefit him. He'll have to stay the night at our place tonight instead of heading home alone.

Have a Humpday all.
Old November 15th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon it is!

Curling went splendidly. We ended up winning 9-1 in the 7th end. The other team got their single point in the second end and that was it. Our team was firing on all cylinders today.

The carpet people are coming back today to fix the squeak in the transition molding. Achmed and his dead terrorist helper (who installed it) did the worst job. I specifically told the flooring company to send someone who knows what to do, and not to send the original installers back. I have no confidence in them.

London, I guess toys have evolved to what they are today. There are plenty of hand crafted wooden toys out there but I'm sure they command a hefty price tag. When my son was small, my Mom bought him a hand crafted kids size table made from oak. It came with 2 chairs and a small rocker. It's build very sturdy and has survived the test of time. We're keeping it till he has his own kids and they can use it. Same thing with all his LEGO and Thomas the Tank Engine sets. I bet we spent close to $1000 on each of those ventures.

About the fumes? Check the exhaust manifolds to see if you're getting leaking where the pipes connect. Then check the entire run back to the mufflers for leaks. Sometimes you don't always hear the leak, but that exhaust and CO is not something you want to play with. Make sure you keep the windows open when you're driving till you find the cause. While you're under the car or have it on the hoist, check the floor pans for holes that may have developed.

Clint, bummer on the water heater. We replaced ours in March because the telltale symptoms of leakage were there. It was money well spent instead of having to spend it cleaning up the mess from a rupture. Ours lasted 18 years, and I doubt I'll be around to see this one replaced. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's heart condition. Prayers sent you way for a good prognosis and recovery.

Jouni, it's not just from the fumes but that has a lot to do with it. I also have developed an equilibrium problem so getting from prone to upright and back down again repeatedly messes with my system. It's kind of like going on a carnival ride where you get dizzy really fast if you know what I mean. Fumes never used to bother me, but you can keep the diesel fuel for yourself. I've fueled up enough diesel cars in my life to not want to hang around it. Sounds like you're excited to drive the BEAST!! Is that a permanent arrangement or just temporary?

Dan, that sounds like a nice type of outing. I used to have a canoe. It was a river model without a central spine/stabilizer and was made from fibreglass. Sold it many moon back because I just wasn't getting the use I though I would. I took it in trade from a guy who owed me money at the time and the canoe was a sure thing. The money wasn't.

Day 2 of the Saturn transplant. So far so good. The weather here is crap so it takes a bit of driving time for the engine to fully warm up. After it is the idle is right spot on. Before that it runs about 300 rpm higher than it should. Nothing to worry about though. I'm positive that the more it's driven the better it's going to perform. One thing I don't miss is the erratic start and idle.
Old November 15th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day out. A little chilly for my liking but it certainly isn't arctic. Slept good and got up early.

So I sold the Airstream today. Guy is coming to get it Saturday. Wife was with and she kept saying I like it I like it. So he says, is this the one you want and she said Yes! I'm pretty happy about it. While I like walking out of the house and seeing it sit there, I'm not going to do anything with it and the money will help get other things going.

Clint I pray that the tests show whatever will benefit your Dad the most. I'd hate for him to have that surgery and then it not do what it was supposed to.

Dan when I was a kid I went to summer camp, and we swam around in these things they called playaks. It was the first time I ever heard that word and I was convinced they didn't know what they were talking about. These were plastic and you sat in a tub in the middle, no sticking your legs forward under the body.

London if you'd like, you can go with me to buy toys. Mine are made of metal. Though we might need a bit of a bigger shopping cart for them. Don't have the turn signal switch but your valve covers might be leaking and the oil smoke getting inside.

Jamesbo my gutters need cleaning, too. I also need to get up on the garage roof with the leaf blower and get all the pine needles off. Those will ruin an asphalt roof before you know it.

Okay time for night 2. Now I really can't wait for the week to be over. Hope everyone has a good Hump Night.
Old November 15th, 2017, 10:27 PM

London, check with Fusick for your parts, I bought a stalk for my '69 from them a few years back. I'm not sure if they have the switch. Clint, I hope all goes well with your dad.
Old November 16th, 2017, 05:01 AM

mawn'in

Gonna be a nice on today

Clint, Good luck with your dad. I hope things turn out well

Mike, Note to self. Always ask Mike if he has one before shopping on Craig's list. A friend of mine [that doesn't shop on line. needs a trailer

Dan, I'd get claustrophobia in one of those things Can you do an Eskimo roll?

London, When I was a pup, we had Tonka Toys, Completely indestructible. My dad once drove over my low boy and got a flat, The Tonka toy was fine

Allan, I blow the leaves into rows and then mulch them /dirty nasty dusty job

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 16th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Tis Thors day, but it's not very nice out (-20 with wind chill) so I think I'll forego brekkie wit de boyz. The missus will want to go out shopping later so that will be it for me. The carpet installer never showed yesterday to fix the transition problem. The tv tech did however and he ended up replacing the modem and both wifi boxes. We'll see how long this works.

Jim, good luck wit dat. I used ta do that fer a friends mom who was storing my car back in the 80's. She had a big yard and a lot of gi normous elm trees. There wuz also huge elms lining the road that dropped about a foot of offerings on her front yard. Back then I only had an electric mulched an it took many an hour to git r done. I spouse it was fair to store the car inside her garage that otherwise never got used. She was a bit whacked and somewhat temperamental but I didn't have to go over there very often. I bermember tonka toys and mechanix building stuff.

City has decided to use calcium chloride solution spray on the roads to reduce ice and snow. I figure they get that incentive from the struggling auto industry that needs peeps to replace rusted out cars more often. They said the cost of sanding is getting too expensive. Morons.

Dan, I took lessons for kayak at a wave pool. Then I went on the Kanaaskis River and got caught on a nasty rock pillow. Almost drowned because I couldn't push off against the force of the water. I went down with the kayak. I don't remember anything after that but my buddies said I cam up down river about 100 ft away after about 45 seconds. It was the scariest feeling in the world feeling that helpless. After that I kinda left the kayak group.
Old November 16th, 2017, 07:56 AM

Can you do an Eskimo roll?
What a Polar Bear calls an Eskimo in a sleeping bag? Allan, I'll get the type of kayak that you sit on rather than in, and one meant for fishing, as they are more stable. I have a couple of co workers who kayak, claim that theirs are more stable than a canoe. No white water around here, so that will make it safer. My concern is getting my camera wet.
Old November 16th, 2017, 09:29 AM

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...7&action=click