The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2017, 03:27 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Dan. I didn't immediately catch the riddle. but now I see clearly. dang those creatures of habit! Sorry to hear.

Inline, May your winter be filled with warm weather and little snow.

Jamebo, Don't I remember something about a bollard?

Snow on Thursday, Ugh.
Have a day.
Old October 24th, 2017, 05:06 AM

mawn'in

chili dis mawn'in

Clint, Yeah, bollards and me don't gee and haw I go to the grocery store almost every day and squeeze into a parking spot between mini vans and those stupid stone base collars surrounding light poles

Got errands to run before a family comes

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old October 24th, 2017, 08:36 AM

Rain, rain, rain. Over 4" since Sunday. Pretty steady today, I think we have a break Thursday, then rain for the weekend. It could be worse, if it were snow, we would be up to our asses in it.
Old October 24th, 2017, 11:46 AM

Evening.

Busy day. For thursday they promise snow; so whole world needs to be ready before it???? Of course my CMM broke down during the busy times; took 4,5 hours total for fixing it. Greatttttt..

CQR - Alot of snow and cold, thank you

Okay, ill head to bed. Tomorrow is gonna be hell, taking up the time lost today.. And tomorrow was overbooked already before CMM breaking down...... -.-
Old October 24th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a little while ago. Got everything out of the truck and now to catch up. Had a good visit with my Mom.

Got the bathroom painted. Only two coats of light beige to cover dark brown. I never would have guessed it. But it looks nice. Got a few things fixed and had some good food. Tiger was a good boy the whole time.

I don't play the radio when Tiger is in the car. I'm afraid that in such a small space it might hurt his ears. That's a long trip with no music and my mind starts to overthink things. So here's a question for those in the know. Do headers do any good if you have stock-type mufflers? I've been thinking about headers for my truck(BBC) Not so it sounds cool, or I can sound cool saying my truck has headers, but so it might breathe a little easier. But I don't want some loud exhaust system and I hate Flowmasters. Any ideas?

Well I'm gonna do a lot of nothing tonight. Gonna stay up late so I can got to work tomorrow. Hope everyone had a good weekend and is having a good week.
Old October 24th, 2017, 09:35 PM

Mike, I think that if you go with a set of good flowing mufflers, that you will notice an improvement. Magna Flo, or Dyna Max are good choices.
Old October 25th, 2017, 06:02 AM

Cold [for this Cracker]
Mike, Ya ever considered putting Tiger on Dogs with Talent?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...4&action=click
Busy day at the Ole Cemetery

Have a Great one Olds friends
Old October 25th, 2017, 12:17 PM

Evening. Off from work. Tomorrow is free from work due to snow; friday is question?
Tomorrow ill continue fixing my Honda. Feeling tired, off from sauna.

After this beer ill head to bed, so have a great day all you guys
Old October 25th, 2017, 02:56 PM

Evening all,

Beautiful day in London 68 and sunny. Sorry about your snow Jouni, that must suck so early in the year. Supposed to get chilly after this weekend down to mid 50s

Fun day today carving 8 pumpkins. Got a charity Halloween party on Saturday for 70 kids and 120 adults in the am and the same again in the pm, it's gonna be a long day but hopefully we can raise lots of money.

Had an MRI scan on my dodgy knee today, hopefully find out what's causing the pain. I think I'm just getting older and things are wearing out! At least I had my lady around this evening for a nice massage, so now I'm feeling very chilled.
Old October 25th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Didn't get above 60 today. Not liking that. But it was sunny. I slept until noon then went to swap out the truck for the car, then came home and did a few small things around the house. Work tonight.

Sandy's birthday today. I'll always miss her. Funny, I only met her once but sure enjoyed her spirited posts here. Jamesbo you should ask Nicole whatever became of the car.

London I don't think you're old enough for things to wear out like that. Crush up some glucosamine and mix it in with your tea, that will help.

Not sure Tiger has any talent that could be considered entertaining. I watched that video, and while the dog didn't sound anything like Whitney he did sound better.

Well, off to work. I don't know which is better, or if that's the right word. Starting on the regular day and ending a day early, or starting a day late and ending on the regular day. Either way it's one day less of the BS. Let's see, if I start selling things off around here by the time I got down to an empty yard, I could probably last a week or better.

Have a good night everyone.
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:23 AM

Morning.

Snowing continuosly. And cold. Cool, winter coming! Off from work today due to snow, and probably tomorrow, too.

Drinking coffee currently, and getting ready to go outside to fix my car for inspector. Otherwise i would go to my rented garage, but my hydraulic press happens to be here, and i need it to change few bushes, so its going to be done under the sky.

LondonCutlass - Good luck with that, hope they found out. My right knee is also toast, since army where i went to rabbit hole during night with light machinegun and its table on my shoulders. Funny thing- went to doctor numerous times, but never got to scanning. They always just wanted to inject kortisone to my knee, and when i told i dont want it, i want it to get checked, they told me it cant be hurt if you dont want kortisone???? Great logic........ So far, i cant run far, walking long distances gets it hurting etc.. Well, thats what i have to live with, not thinking about it much actually

Okay, so its Morning here, and all day ahead. Hope you guys have a nice day wherever you are
Old October 26th, 2017, 05:01 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, The BBC manifolds really aren't all that restrictive. A free-er flowing muffler may help a little but you still have the cat to deal with. I've heard some without a muffler and just a cat and they aren't too obnoxious unless you are all over it. In the late 80's early 90's GM had a factory Tube header on the carbed 454's with a dual airpump. not sure if they are still available or not.

Inline, Enjoy your mini vacation. It was 82F(28C) yesterday. they are calling for snow today.

Got the snowplow serviced and installed on the hoopdee yesterday. Gonna put now shoes on the Chebby today.

Have a day all.
Old October 26th, 2017, 06:08 AM

mawn'in

Cold

Mike, Next time I see her post of Fb, I'll ax her about her mom's car

Sure do miss my pal John

London, Getting old ain't for sissies. BTW My golf buddy opted for the stem cell knee operation and it didn't work

Inline, When ya quit for the winter?

GTG Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 26th, 2017, 08:06 AM

Mike, Update

I think Nicole misunderstood my FB message but anywho she said Larry would contact me. I'll let cha know

Update # 2

Larry just messaged me on FB, The "prettiest one" is still in his garage, I gave him our best wishes and told him how much we missed her
Old October 26th, 2017, 09:42 AM

Clint, I forgot about the cats, I think that there are low restriction cats on the market that may help Mike out also.
Larry just messaged me on FB, The "prettiest one" is still in his garage, I gave him our best wishes and told him how much we missed her
Thanks Jim. So, is Allan M.I.A. now also?
Old October 26th, 2017, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Thanks Jim. So, is Allan M.I.A. now also?

I think he's hurling or curling, I never can keep it straight
Old October 26th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Thanks Jamesbo. Sometimes it's hard giving up people you know, even if you never really knew them. I hope they are all doing well.

Cold here. Got to about 65 today but not that warm in the house. I need to call the gas company to get the gas turned on for the winter. Of course as soon as I do we'll have a heat wave and I'll think I'm wasting my money. One good thing is I can crank up the stove, which I love. Gotta get up on the roof and get the chimney cleaned out.

Okay thanks guys with the exhaust advice. When these mufflers wear out I'll get better ones. As far as I can tell these are the originals. Not bad for 15 years. I don't think this truck has a cat.

Years ago when I had the grey van the muffler rusted out and I had a straight pipe run from the converter all the way out. Sounded mean. Had a nice growl when I got on it but wasn't loud.

Last night was good. Changed out a seat assy then pretty much goofed off the rest of the night. Got out a little after 3. I can't remember the last time I was out that early. Slept good today and did a little yard work when I got up this afternoon.

Okay that time again. One more. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old October 26th, 2017, 08:56 PM

Mike, why do you have your gas turned off every season? I just turn my thermostat down on my furnace and it doesn't kick on during the summer, when it gets cold, I turn it back up, and I am ready to go.
Old October 27th, 2017, 05:39 AM

mawn'in

Chili,

Clint musta gotten lucky this mawn'in

I got a marker unveiling coming up [in the Jewish tradition] and it's a 1st for me. Oddly enough, I have another on next month.

Mike, why do you have your gas turned off every season? I just turn my thermostat down on my furnace and it doesn't kick on during the summer, when it gets cold, I turn it back up, and I am ready to go.
By not wasting $$ on a pilot light, he gets to save up and buy more cars

I'm gonna have to speak to some folks about the "Perfect attendance' requirement on this thread.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 27th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Well the fuel pump on the Saturn didn't last long. 2 weeks after installation it's crapped out so I had to order a new one. No one here sells an OEM pump anymore so the replacement is coming from Rock auto. Yeah, just in time for freezing temps. Nothing like lying under a car working on a fuel tank in 28* weather. In the meantime the sonata has been doing double duty. This is the last fix I'll do for that Saturn. Gettin on time to replace it.

Jim, hurling is Anutter word fer chucking yer cookies. Dats about how I feel about de Saturn. Curling is a game of finesse that takes some skill. Btw they have leagues fer geezers ifn ya want ta try....

Sorry I missed Sandys BD. Thanks for reaching out on behalf of the group Jim.

Ok, off to the Saville for another game of "hurling or curling", then out to Sherwood Park to pick up a load of new flooring. It's Spoda sit in the house for a few days to acclimate before install on Monday.
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:06 AM

By not wasting $$ on a pilot light,
That's like a nickle a month, new furnaces have an electronic ignitor, no pilot.
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:26 AM

Afternoon.

Today was free from work, too.
Got my Honda inspected for one more year. One more year, just like Selänne!
And quess what, towing hitch coming to my Cutlass. Solves all my problems- due to our laws, quess how much i get allowed towable weight to my Cutlass?
5500lbs No need to worry anymore ever about how to tow something heavy

Allan R - Nice to see you here for a while. Have fun Curling!

Okay, time to hit the beer! Just did meal for us, next coffee, then beer!
Have a nice weekend everyone!
Old October 27th, 2017, 07:37 AM

That's like a nickle a month, new furnaces have an electronic ignitor, no pilot.

Mike has 2 new things 1] a puppy 2] a haircut
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:34 AM

Mr. Bell...your'e bad.
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:40 AM

The garage door is repaired. I'll look into getting a new one in the spring. They are cheaper than I thought.
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:43 AM

The garage door is repaired.
Well, Tomorrow is another day
Old October 27th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

This being in the 50s in the house is for the birds. I did have a kick a$$ space heater until someone chewed the cord off of it.

Jamesbo I don't get it.

Dan the door might not be so bad if you replace it yourself, but if a company comes to do it they will probably want you to replace the tracks and the spring and the opener.

The reason I turn off the gas every summer is the furnace is the only gas thing I have in the house. Even if I use zero gas my bill would still be over 35 bucks in fees each month. It's stupid. I get a break through my power company so they don't charge me the reconnect fee. Every summer I say, well, I have six months to figure out an alternate heating source. And every other six months I say, well, I didn't figure it out.

So I'm having trouble coming up with plans for the Turkey Rod Run. I've gone for several years in a row and have been many times, but this year my friend is having company and there's no place for me. My Mom has been lobbying me to go there for Thanksgiving. I'm trying to figure out how I can get from Pensacola to Daytona Beach and back feasibly in one day. I'd sure hate to sit this one out.

Okay Friday. Last night wasn't too bad, tonight needs to be short. I'm finally headed to NC to get my van tomorrow. I rented a Uhaul trailer because mine has questionable tires. For 62$ I get not bad tires and I don't tear up my trailer. I hope this behemoth will fit. The website says it will.

Time to go out with Tiger and then hit the road. Have a good evening everyone.
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:25 PM

My garage door is a 7' x 16', to replace it with an insulated one would be just under $1100.00, that includes removing the old one, (which, being wood, each section is on the heavy side, a two person job for sure) and installing the new door and hardware, plus new trim. I also would not have to figure out what to do with the old door, as they dispose of it too.
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:40 PM

Morning.

Going to help my friend today to tackle few jobs, im gonna do firewood, thats easy and relaxing, just what i need

1969w3155 - Winter is primetime to burn everything burning trash Just wait regular people go to work, since funny coloured smoke may occur

Slanflat - What van are you buying?

Okay, have a day everyone!
Old October 28th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning,

Busy day yesterday. Picked up 2 loads of flooring, nosing and reducer for the new floor install happening Monday/Tuesday. Also picked up the special tinted grout for the backsplash that somehow has been delayed till around November 5.

Installed a new fuel filter and trans filter on the Saturn. The trans filter showed evidence of a slight leak around the seal. Fuel filter is in anticipation of the new fuel pump that should arrive next week. This car is rapidly becoming a pita.

Unbelievable but true. It's a balmy 13C here this morning. That would be 55 F. Rain in the forecast so not much outside stuff today. Plan is to install the new SS range hood and start refinishing the oak baseboards.

Jouni, check the specs for your car about towing. You might need to add more than a trailer hitch. Thinks like different rear springs and extra cooling come to mind.
Old October 28th, 2017, 06:31 AM

mawn'in

Drizzling

Mike, Trust me it's a long way

Re Ex president Bush

IMHO when your over 90, in wheel chair, and "Doing it" would like trying to stuff an oyster into a parking meters. Ya ought get a pass [ get out of jail free card] on anything ya say or do to young women.

A friend of mine's late 85 y.o. uncle once said with a straight face to my 1st wife. "The cold weather is most becoming."

A a certain age ya ought be able to get away with it.

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old October 28th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo that's funny. I thought the same thing when I read that the president copped a feel. I said, he's 90 give him a break.

Not raining here but overcast. Actually not a bad day out.

Got home a little after 2 this morning. Took a little drama and an invitation to scrap but it worked out. Tiger ate three bowls of food at 3 and I said, now that your tummy is nice and full lets sleep a lot. We got up around 10.

Gonna hit the road in a few minutes. Wish us luck. Got the Uhaul trailer, got the damage waiver, and the guy read back my reservation and said yes it will work. I'm not really skeptical but always cautious.

We'll be home late tonight. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old October 28th, 2017, 11:11 AM

Inline, I am in a suburban neighborhood, if I did any burning of that nature, the fire department would show up, as we have a city ordinance that prohibits the burning of household waste or construction materials. They do allow recreational fires, but that might be pushing it a bit.
Old October 29th, 2017, 04:02 AM

Good day.

Was fun times yesterday, now a bit hangover. But alive and kicking.

Allan R - Of course its more than just a hitch, but that really doesnt matter since all other thing can be solved with money, laws are another thing ( i dont have that much money that i could solve them with cash )

1969w3155 - Me too, and same laws about burning trash, thats why i wait regular people going to work
And i have such a yard that nobody really sees what im burning here

Just put sauna warming, wifes at market- to get something to eat for us.

Okay, have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Inline; October 29th, 2017 at 04:28 AM.
Old October 29th, 2017, 04:17 AM

Morning all,

Clocks went back an hour and I forgot! Got outta bed too darn early. Still, I spent my extra hour sweeping the leaves in the yard. Not too bad outside, somewhere in the high 50s and dry, but colder weather is on the way. I think Jouni is sending some my way.

Yesterday was manic, I had our Charity Hallowe'en parties. Two functions in one day, 150 kids and 200 adults, boy , did I sleep well after that! Managed to raise £2280 for my charities so it was all worthwhile. It's gonna take most of today to tidy my place to be ready to open again on Monday morning.

Nice and quiet indoors. My son has gone to Milan to go go to a soccer match, so we are home alone.

Allan, I spent a long time yesterday chatting to one of my parents at the nursery and she's from your neck of the woods, just outside Edmonton, she'd never even heard of Oldsmobiles so our conversation wasn't car related.

Last edited by LondonCutlass; October 29th, 2017 at 04:21 AM.
Old October 29th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Rather brisk here this morning. Only 34* but with wind feels much colder. Spoda snow a bit this afternoon.

New range hood is installed. Can't say it was easy cuz it wasn't. Love companies that don't include installation templates or instructions. Major pita especially since a lot of the bottom components had to be removed/reinstalled to get the mounting screws done.

Dan, that was an unexpected oops. Glad you're back to normal. My garage door is insulated steel, but we always open it before starting the car.

Jouni, that was just a thought. Sounds like you have things under control.

London, we don't change dst here till November 5. What area around Edmonton does she live? St, Albert, spruce grove, leduc, Devon, morinville....? Good to hear your charity event went well. Have fun cleaning up.
Old October 29th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Geez what a long day yesterday. Left a little after 1, got up to the van after 6. The guy gave me bum directions and Google maps didn't know there was construction and the map app on my phone made the phone go dead. Took a full 6 hours to get home because much over 50 the trailer would start with a nasty sway.

Cold today and windy. Barely 60 in the house. I need to call tomorrow for the gas. You know what's funny, when the guy came this spring he didn't put the lock on the meter so I could just go out and turn it on, no one would be the wiser.

Okay gonna go unload my prize and take the trailer back. After that, inside stuff because it's cold out and I don't want to be out in it. Chances are supreme that the stove will get fired up today.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, can't you just fire up the oven with the door open just long enough to take the chill off?

Last race of the series yesterday. Had a good time even though I ended up on my head.

Raining and cold. may turn to snow later.

Have a Day.
Old October 30th, 2017, 05:21 AM

mawn'in

COLD no smacking whitey today

I think it may be explanation time.

Here's my plan de jour. Wednesday, I gotta run up to the mountains and meet sum dear friends that are coming down from Davidson [as in college] I'm planning on staying cause Monday I hope to eat fried chicken with john up there and Wednesday, I'm gonna head a little southeast to pick up a marker for this nice Jewish lady. She wants to have an unveiling [a year after her husbands death] and waited til the last minute to order so, I can depend on freight. Now like most my plans who knows

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 30th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Today is go day. Installer should be here in less than two hours to start installing the new main floor. Only thing I have left to last minute is removing the main floor commode

Clint, hope your head is ok. Funny about you telling Mike how to stay warm when you keep the heat off yourself. Btw, how's that front porch Reno going?

Jim, safe travels. How cold is it to be too cold ta smack whitey? Enjoy your meal with John and be sure to tell him about yer perfect attendance requirements......