The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Did okay at work last night, got home just before 5. Slept till about 1130. Just got back from the Awful house.

Dan I was kidding about the sunglasses. Still don't have appropriate viewing ware, I'm not real worried about it. The time I need viewing glasses the most is at night, when the hoopties are coming at me with 10M candle power LEDs pointed right in my face.

Beautiful out. I need to mow this afternoon and go look for some stuff in the garage. I think I'll mow first, because if I get into the garage I might not come out for awhile.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old August 20th, 2017, 07:23 AM

Evening.

Was a nice day, just came from sauna. Got alot done today.
Next week is Super busy again. Its good; my vacation drained all my money, and few big repairs at house are still in order for this year.

Whats up everyone else?
Old August 20th, 2017, 10:34 AM

I guess everyone is fix'in to stare at the sun
Old August 20th, 2017, 10:48 AM

Well, I seem to have recovered from a get together that was last night for a co-worker who retired June 30th. Had food and beer at his place which is about 30 miles from me, out in the toolies. He had friends and invited former co workers there. had a good time, and parked in the garage straight.
Old August 20th, 2017, 11:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Hey y'all! Hope all is well with everyone.

It's hot. Hey Al how about sending some relief from that side of North America? We could use it for sure.

I'm looking for an older (Preferably Late 60's Early to Mid 70's Chebie) ramp truck if anyone has any leads down this way. I've located 3 in Maconga, but only one fits my idea and it isn't for sale yet.

Have a great rest of Sunday
Old August 21st, 2017, 04:08 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike cumulative. We each took a turn of about 1.5 hours. gives us tine to refuel and git a drink or a snack. We put over 400 miles on the bikes on Saturday. And it looks like my top speed was 76 mph (122kph)

Scot good to hear from ya.

Happy whacking Jamesbo.

Got dad's camper off his truck up at his house yesterday, got some mowing done up there as well. So now he can take his time and take a truckload up there as he sees fit. Gonna be a nice little place for him.

Have a day all
Old August 21st, 2017, 04:32 AM

Tis Monday

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 21st, 2017, 05:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Happy Eclipse Day. Jamesbo you might need headlights on your driver.

Getting a late start up to John and BH"s. Eh, only an hour. Should be a good time.

Got home late, late last night. Went to northern Alabama to get a very rustsed, very picked apart 68 Barracuda. Why you ask? Because there weren't any like this around here.

Scot if you find one, find one for me, too. I was actually thinking about getting an old UHaul truck and having a covered ramp truck.

Okay gonna hit the road. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 21st, 2017, 06:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good morning all

Thanks Clint, it's been too long.

Mike I've found 3 in Macon, but only one is the shorter style I like. The other two are long and both have crew cabs
Old August 21st, 2017, 10:36 AM

Evening.

Hows the sun looking? If i remember correctly, it should be happening right now?

Soo, our long day at work turned to be pretty short thanks to us being so fast. Only 11,5 hours. Im disappointed to say, since i was waiting for longer working day.
Well, we should had friday off, but at current knowledge, we drive to another part of Finland at wednesday-evening to hotell, then do superlong thursday so theres little work left for friday, so we get back to home at sane time on friday. Thats how it all changes quickly.

Ookkay. Have a good stare for eclipse you guys able to see it in full.

Have a good evening.
Old August 21st, 2017, 01:00 PM

Only in America. could a guy like me grow up and have higher morals than TV evangelist like Jimmy Swaggart and sleep with more women than a movie star like Rock Hudson

Much todo about nothing IMHO
Old August 21st, 2017, 03:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Eclipse? Partial. It seemed more like a bit of blocked sun from the smoke in the air. A different kind of gloomy buy otherwise nothing special. And, duhhh. What kind of dumb bunny needs to be told not to look at the sun?? Film at 11
Old August 22nd, 2017, 02:53 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, Ya make it home yet??

Here ya go Allan, a totaled Eclipse

Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:58 AM
CQR

Mornin all. The grind continues.

Have a day.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 09:37 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Great day yesterday. Not anything like I would have expected. So much fun. Long day for Tiger. Traffic wasn't too bad going up there, but it was a disaster coming home.

Scot those crew cab ramp trucks don't make any sense to me. I wouldn't mind the long bed, but wouldn't want a crew cab.

Well, gotta find something to do. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 09:58 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - The courses weren't busy here yesterday so I decided to go lose some of whiteys friends. 38/42 Bahahahahaha!! Pinch me, I'm dreaming. Hmm, I don't really like Eclipses even when they're not totalled.

Hang in there Clint.

It was over rated I think Jouni. Nice to hear you'll get done early Friday. Or is that a typo for 'same' time?

Beautimus day here in the 70's. Already got the lawn and plants watered and the cars cleaned up and partially detailed. Had to stop cuz I don't like working in the sun that much.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 06:09 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy all!

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Scot those crew cab ramp trucks don't make any sense to me. I wouldn't mind the long bed, but wouldn't want a crew cab.
Yep me neither, my youngest will turn 15 this go round so I'll have to get another dog just to fill the passenger's seat

Thinking seriously about selling the Cutlass, but it would have to be for a large number. I dunno, I just hate for it to sit another 10 years before I can get to it.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 07:34 PM
Always room for one more

You know Scot it's nice to have you back, please don't go away again.

I have, over the years, thought about selling things I thought I'd never sell. Luckily( I guess) I haven't done that too many times. You are the only one who knows your heart, but I'd guess you'd be eternally unhappy about selling the Cutlass if it were to go away. It sits inside, and you have a dedicated space for it, what's the harm with it sitting until you can get to it. The next guy wouldn't have any history with it and it wouldn't mean the same to him as it does to you. And that would make you unhappy as well. It would me anyway.

Sitting here watching a video tape of mostly Amphicars and other amphibious vehicles. It's a good way to spend an evening.

Well, work tomorrow. I called in tonight, just wasn't feeling it. That makes two days this week and then Denver this weekend. Can't beat that.
Old August 22nd, 2017, 08:35 PM

Good Morning.

Yesterday was a nice day at work, and of course i went to sauna afterwards
Soo, today im leaving, next time at home on friday. Wife wasnt somehow overly happy, but on the other hand, she knows im out of home every now and then due to works.

Allan R - No, wasnt a typo. Meant that

GAOldsman - Why does it need to sit for another 10 years? Question you should think about, what would you get instead of it to replace it? Something totally different than cars, or anything?

Okay, i gotta head to work. Have a day everyone ( humpday????? )
Old August 23rd, 2017, 05:43 AM

Mawn'in

Spose to be a nice one today

Scott, Don't do it

Mike, If ya start selling cars next thing your gonna sell is buildings and before ya know it you'll be homeless and Tiger will be on the street

Old August 23rd, 2017, 06:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - I Know the feeling. Good luck with your decision. Personally I think it has a lot of sentimental attachment to your dad and I know how special he was to you. I'm sure Louise won't mind waiting in storage till you're ready.

Jouni - Thought so. Have fun and safe travels.

Anutter hot one here today in the forecast.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 09:30 AM

Scot, I know what you're going through, I have been thinking the same thing with my '69, it will take $20-25k to get it done, plus after buying a new house last fall, and considering how close that I am getting to retirement, I just don't think that I'm going to have the funds. I have had the car for 21 years so, it sucks to have to make the decision.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 10:30 AM

Evening all

Back at work for a full day today. It makes me feel tired even thinking about it.

The house feels really empty without my Ollie but it's getting easier.

Had a great vacation with the family. Was great to spend time with my Grandson. Only two weeks to go before my next trip to Singapore. I think I'm just about ready for a nice holiday!
Old August 23rd, 2017, 10:35 AM

Evening all

Back at work for a full day today. It makes me feel tired even thinking about it.

The house feels really empty without my Ollie but it's getting easier.

Had a great vacation with the family. Was great to spend time with my Grandson. Only two weeks to go before my next trip to Singapore. I think I'm just about ready for a nice holiday!
Old August 23rd, 2017, 03:31 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful out, not too hot. Got the trimming done this afternoon.

Not to worry Jamesbo, I don't sell much these days. I could sell the shop to the guy across the street but I could never sell my house. About the only way I could get out of this place is to just lock the door and not come back.

London you go on more vacations. Whatever happened to that place you were going to buy in Spain?

Dan are you saying you're going to sell the car to fund your retirement or to fund its upkeep? I've got a couple cars I've owned at least that long, I'd sure hate to have to part with them. One never knows.

Okay time to go out with Tiger then hit the road. Hump Night awaits. Have a good night everyone.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 04:08 PM

Mike,
The Spanish house has to wait until the property I already have is sold, that ones in Tenerife.

As for my next vacation, that's the present from my better half for my 50th birthday, she knows I love Formula one so what better to buy the man that doesn't actually need or want anything for his special day!

I'm off half way up the country tomorrow to go and see a hand built mezzanine floor that I'm thinking of putting in one of my schools. Beats working for a living!

Not sure why my previous post appears twice, I must have hit the send button too many times.
Old August 23rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the sane pros and cons. I really would like to enjoy the car and would never live it down if I sold it. So to answer Inline's question, I would purchase land to build my retirement home on. And as for the immediate future I must reconsider and keep it, unless of course "that guy" at the end of the rainbow shows up with enough dough.

Mike thanks brother, I'll try and do better

Work has me busy, busy lately. But that's not the reason. I've been on CO several times and just didn't feel like posting. I dunno somedays maybe it's best if I didn't

Have a great night all Thanks again fellas for keeping me sane

I miss Sandy
Old August 23rd, 2017, 09:38 PM

Mike, no to funding retirement, just with retirement being a few years away, I don't see having the $20-25k to get the car done.
Old August 24th, 2017, 04:03 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Think I'm gonna have to go see a Doc today. think I got something in my eye. watered non stop yesterday, felt pretty good this morning until I tried to open it.

Have a day.
Old August 24th, 2017, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in

Scot, Just because ya don't have anything earth shaking to post don't let that stop ya.

It never has stopped me Jes the other day, the all knowing Mr. P said he'd seen my post on line 20 times the day before

I never knew he had so many friends as funny as I [think I am]

Clint, Hope ya get things straightened out

London, I know how ya feel, when I have lost a pup, I walk around the house looking for where I usually step over him.

Old August 24th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thorsday, so it was time to visit wit de boys. One face showed that hasn't been around for more than a year. We all said we'd see again in another year....

Scot - The purpose of kids is to look after you so you can commit to do that build and restore Louise to what your dad ordered. Sounds like you've had your hands full as life goes on.

Jim - Whut?

Clint - Easy solution. Stay home and asleep... JK. You wear safety glasses at work? It must have been a real bear driving to work this morning. I hope it's something the Dr can remedy in the office, like a particle of something your tear ducts wouldn't flush.

Dan - Retirement can be over rated, or under rated. You're spot on to be concerned about $$ after the regular income goes away. Do you have a pension plan with your employer?

London - You're a funny guy, complaining about all those exotic vacations. Enjoy them while you can, they sound intriguing.

Hmmm, I see gas here is jumping $.40/gallon. Yeah, that makes sense to no one.
Old August 24th, 2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jim - Whut?

See there Scot, It doesn't even have to make any sense. Jes post away

Mike, I jes saw a dude on FB making a FOD walk on a runway at Hartsfield [I refuse to add the other crooks name] According to this guy FOD is what caused the Concord crash. I never heard of it before
Old August 24th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
See there Scot, It doesn't even have to make any sense. Jes post away
Huh? Oops. Ok.
Old August 24th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Last day. I could get used to these two day weeks. Wouldn't mind getting off early but regular time will still be okay for my plans.

Jamesbo Foreign Object Debris causes Foreign Object Damage. A piece of the exhaust cone from a Continental DC10 departed the airplane when it took off, and the Concorde ran over it when it took off. The tires flipped it up into the bottom of the wing, which is also the fuel tank, which ruptured and the sparks ignited and that's what turned the plane into a careening fireball as it crashed into the village down wind. Sacre bleu.

I agree with you about the name of the place. I don't know how much of a crook he was but the reasoning they gave for adding his name is lame at best, as far as I'm concerned. I saw an old show on PBS about Atlanta and they interviewed him. He said his date one night wanted to take in a show at the Fox Theater. At the time Blacks could only enter from the back door, so he dropped his date off and left. He wasn't going to enter through the back and I think he said he never saw her again. Hm.

Clint hope you got the FOD out of your eye.

Okay, gonna get with it. Hope everyone has a good evening. PS. The village would technically be upwind.
Old August 24th, 2017, 05:18 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Evening All

Tired and drained this evening.

Yep Jamebo you're correct.

Clint hope your eye heals fast. Gotta protect your eyes from flying fodder

FOD is exactly what Mike said. Gotta clean out the rocks, screws and nails out of every tire before I can cross the flight line out on base. They are very, very... what's the word? stringent? ****? But if that's my part to help them on a successful mission, then by golly that's what I'll do.

Al, I don't know about your boys, but the three gals that done grown up on me moved out and on. I can't hardly get em all together for a Christmas picture anymore Much less depend on them to took care of me. I believe I'd starve
Old August 24th, 2017, 10:07 PM

Allan, a 401k.
Old August 25th, 2017, 02:09 AM

Mike, The fat mayor was in office when the new airport opened and naturally took all the credit for the work that began way before his time. Once [in one of those wish I had a camera moments] I saw [former mayor] Sam Massell [who was really the one who did all the work to make it happen] fi'i to ride down the long escalators with a bag in his hand a another strapped over his shoulder, walking by the brass plaque of the fat mayor that took all the credit for his work.

Ever since Sam left office, it's been a down hill slide with Atlanta's mayors

Scot, I'm not real sure that jes because you changed their diapers they'll change your [when the time comes] They usually call when the want/ need something

My hope is to get shot by a jealous husband. So I can be coming and going at the same time.

Old August 25th, 2017, 06:08 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Did pretty good at work last night. Had a helper do all my work and got out around 3. Got home, got a couple hours of sleep and then off to the Awful house and now Tiger is in jail. Gonna get my ducks in a row and head back to the airport.

Jamesbo I'm thoroughly confused. What are you calling the new airport, the current midfield airport or the previous one over by the Renaissance Hotel?

Okay time's a wasting. Hopefully I can get out to see Clint before he splits for the weekend. Don't know what my friend has planned but it will just be nice to be out there. Hope everyone has a good weekend be back late Sunday.
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:14 AM

Good afternoon.

Back from travels at last. Was quite a fun. We even drink few beers during work

Okay. Sauna is soon hot. Ive been waiting for that!!!! Theres no life without sauna.

CQR - Hope it wasnt anything too serious on your eye?

Ookkey.. Have a evening all, just came quickly visiting here to say hello.
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:16 AM

Mike, Ya know I never go south of Pharr Rd. To me there have been only 4 ATL

Candler Field in the 50's Atlanta municipal in the 60's, Hartsfield in the 70's and 80's and Hartsfield Jackson then on.

Yeah, I know that's the Cliff notes version but isn't it in the same place with jes longer runways and more crroked politicians friends awarded vender contracts

Interesting [to me] footnote. When I was a pup and would go down to the ole ole airport to wave my dad off to Chicago on a DC-3. There was one restaurant in the corner and there was an old black man that sat in a chair and pulled a rope to open the door to let people inside. His chair was net to a cotton bale, He looked just like Uncle Remus in the Walt Disney Movie