The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old August 12th, 2011, 07:03 AM

Good Morning everyone.

It is going to be a nice day here today. It is 64F and going up to 79 and it is going to be a dry day.

There is a chance of rain this weekend, so not sure if both shows will be on.

Hopefully can finish up a few things on the Cutlass to get it ready to go to the paint shop next week.

Great picture Jamesbo.

Have and good weekend, and enjoy your Oldsmobiles. Fall is getting close.

Last edited by car_designer; August 12th, 2011 at 07:07 AM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:18 AM

Good morning all

A little foggy this morning supposed to burn off and be a nice day. Think I'll take the day off and go for a drive in the 57. Just do not want to work today.

Have a great weekend all
Old August 12th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

Citcapp.... Go for it!! Sometimes ya just need a mental health day, lol!
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM

Well, with a 70% chance of rain tomorrow, I won't be going to the Del Shannon memorial car show in Cooperville, Mi. (about 20 miles from me). But, I may have finally tallked my bud into going to the Reo Museum in Lansing.
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:13 AM

Good Day All,

Wanted to inform everyone that I'm still on this side of the grass. But with that said I'm not showing any signs of improvement and the experts haven't got a clue. So I have decided to put all the car stuff away ( or maybe sell it all ) and take some long needed time for me.
It has been a pleasure being apart of this community and I hope someday to return and be a part of it again. Thank you all for the fun and knowledge you have shared with me. GOD Willing I'll be back again.
Have a great day all.

Bulldog AKA. Norton
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Sorry to hear that, Bulldog. You can still get on the site and read - we'll make ya laugh anyhow!! Even if you get out of the car stuff, you can still be a part of the forum. Good luck to ya, hope they figure out what's wrong and you feel better. Take it easy, and we'll be here if you need us!
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Norton we are all pulling for you to come through, I hope they pin point the problem for you soon so you can get well. Take care brother and hang in there.

Scot
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Gosh Norton I am going to miss you and I am not the only one feeling this way. Stop in and say hi from time to time. We are all pulling for you to get better soon

Best regards

Pat
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Hope the doctors can figure it out. Hopefully you can still participate on the forum, even without the cars. If not, I am sure we all look forward to your return to the forum.

And I just realised you are from Toronto.
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Where is everyone this morning???

Cloudy here this morning - rain chances and the humidity is going back up. I'm debating going to the Suffield Music Festival Car Show this morning. I have the weather channel on. I think I may try it. It's showing about a 35% chance up till 11:00 then it drops to a 10% chance the rest of the day. Supposed to get storms tonight and into tomorrow too - a 70% chance tomorrow. 4 shows in the area tomorrow. Only one of them have a rain date listed. So I dunno...... dammit!

I probably should stay home and clean and do my laundry, but I'll probably attempt the show. I'm a glutton for punishment!

Well have a great day all, if you're out there somewhere, lol!!!!
Old August 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM

good morning to all

Paid off the 455 for the 48 and will bring it home on Tuesday. I'll post pictures next week. Working on everything this month. New roofs on the 2-carports. Getting the motorhome in shape for a September vacation. Working on the 57 and the 48. The days pass quickly, before you know it we will be into September. Where do the days go. The older I get the days seem like minutes, the weeks like days, months like weeks, and the years like months. I half to laugh everytime I here a kid say I can't wait until Friday or until I turn 21. They ask why I laugh and I tell them you have to wait until your my age to understand. The makes them mad, but how can you explain the passage of time to someone who has their whole life ahead of them with endless possibilities. Gotta love youth being with young people helps keep me young. Well enough blather for one day, back to work.
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:14 PM

Went to the REO Museum, pretty cool history...I still want a Speed Wagon! Rained like a sonnavgun on the way back, vivsibilty was quite poor, but, hey no need to panic, adjust speed and attitude and proceed. Couple of 20 sumthin's spun and whapped the concrete barrier in the middle of it all about 35 miles from here, they were out talking to the police, no apparent injuries, just something to talk about later.
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM

Good grief Norton, Sorry to hear things are the way they are. Hang in there and please keep us posted. We'll all wait right here fer ya. Get better soon.
Old August 13th, 2011, 07:17 PM

It was a good day here. Went to a car show. Last year, the show had best of for each GM division, plus other makes. This year they changed to what all the others shows do, best GM, Ford, Mopar, ... But I still had a good day. They had been calling for rain in the afternoon, but it stayed dry. There were 4 Oldsmobiles out of 150 cars. Surprinsingly, all were 1977 or newer and 3 of them were Delta 88's and only 1 Cutlass.

Tomorrow there is another show, but the weather isn't looking good. Will wait until the morning to decide.
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Mawn'in

Guess I win????

I think everyone is try'in to suck the last of the marrow from Summer before it ends. Know I am.

Been fer a dip down at the dock before breakfast.
Old August 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Hi y'all. Gonna go for a drive today... Just not sure where....
Old August 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM

Good morning all

Slept in late today, haven't done that for a long time. Just going to mess around today maybe hit the little ball around then work on the Olds a little cook a steak for dinner then call it a day. Have a great Sunday
Old August 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All

Just finished mowing the yards, man it is HOT out here. Looks like it may cool down some in the next few days but not enough to make much difference.

Jamesbo I took the kids to the museum yesterday and I didn't realize it was adjacent to your Alma Mater. And also didn't know it is as old as it is, 175 years old. That's pretty neat. I also found out where the Starlight Drive in is as well.

I can see where the razor wire would be needed here due to pretty much anything south of Ponce De Leon with the exception of Freedom Park went south a long time ago. That used to be a good area and I sure would like to take the kids to a drive in theater but not in this neck of the woods after dark. But anyhoo we had a blast and it is definitely somewhere to take the kids and or the grand kids for a real treat and the IMAX theater was second to none at the Fernbank Museum.

Well I guess I catch yall on the flip side.
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM

Yeah Scot,

De only person who lives down thar is Jimma Carter folks werk'in fer his overpriced library.

On my way back from Augusta a few weeks back, It was 'bout 4:00 a.m. and I wanted to get norte befo de rush hour. Right as I entered de city [long'bout Boulevard] Natured called. I stopped in dis fill'in station to use the ablutionary convenience. And got de Hell outa thar.

Next Mawn'in on de T.V. sum one got shot and kilt right whar I had stopped.

Ya need to be careful when you're com'in towards Emory from de south side.
Old August 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ya need to be careful when you're com'in towards Emory from de south side.
No doubt that is some sound advice. That was the quickest way for us though was to hit 675 to 285 W and get right back off at Moreland Ave. You can bet your britches I won't be poking 'round thar anytime soon. Even with my 45-70 . Although I did bring my .40 just in case.
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Moreland Ave.

Ya know you t'wert too fer from de crummiest zoo in de northern Hemisphere.

I had to go down to that stupid Jimmy Carter Library not too long ago fer a Memorial Service.

Seemed appropriate, Memorialize sumone who had passed and at de same time sum one dat couldn't pronouned Nuceier

OOOOOOOOOOOPS, I may be gett'in too political ere. We may have sum of de "Peanut Brigade" wit us. Driv'in thar nuceier powered Oldsmobiles.

My 45 acp is like my Amex card. Never leave home wit out it. [and a few extra clips] if I'm gonna be in south Hotlanta.

Glad cha made it home safely. Next time you're com'in up dis way, give me a shout, I'd like to break bread wit cha and er shake your hand.
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:31 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Glad cha made it home safely. Next time you're com'in up dis way, give me a shout, I'd like to break bread wit cha and er shake your hand.
That's a bet, will do. Hopefully it will be on the brighter side of town. Gotta watch that Plains GA crowd, dey are still chuggin the Billy Beer
Old August 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Morning all, cloudy today so we might get some rain. 1969w3155 I went to the REO museum in March, is that Cutlass still for sale?

You take care Norton and get better soon.

When I was driving from Grand Rapids to Chicago I had to stop for some gas and the place sounds like what ya'll are talking about there Jamesbo and Scot. I was just looking for a gas station, found it got the gas and left then my wife says have you noticed how dingy this place is? So I looked around and sped up a tad to get out of the place I can't remember the place though

Any more trophies Sandy?

Time to go get my taxes done wish me luck lol, have a wonderful day everybody,

Adrian
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:32 PM

None for sale, but a red '71 Supreme there with white hood & trunk stripes, along with "W" stripes down the sides, that was there as a raffle prize, which they do every year as a fundraiser for the museum.
Old August 14th, 2011, 06:15 PM

Good evening.

They were still calling for rain today, but was sunny this morning so decided to take a chance and headed to the Upper Canada Village car show. It is held in the park next to the actual historic village. Because of the weather, attendance was way down. Only about 230 cars instead of the usual 600.

All the car owners had a chance to win $1000 cash. They did an elimination and picked 10 numbers. I made it into the 10 finalists, but didn't get the cash.

But I still had a great day. When the show was over, the weather was still good, although cloudy, so decided to head to a cruise night at a restaurant the other end of the city. Had a good supper and got to see more cars.

Only got a couple of minutes of rain while driving home. And not long ago, the thunderstorms started.
Old August 15th, 2011, 04:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Morning All!

Looks like we get a day in the low 90's finally. Still hot but at least it ain't 100 degrees

Good luck with your taxes Adrian. I hope they don't over tax you like they do here

Now that we are almost halfway through with August maybe the car shows will start up around here. I've only seen one advertised back in the beginning of July and it was a fundraiser for one of the local high schools.

I hope everyone has a great day

Scot
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

First cool mawn'in we've had in a long while.

Adrian, Never heard the word "Dingy' used like that. Over here we would say, Goldie Hawn on "Laugh In" was "Dingy" OOPS show'in my age again.

Scot, I always like Billy better than Jimma. I luv his famous quote. "Marijuana is like Coors Beer, If ya could get it no body would want it."

Well, It's Monday so guess what?
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:38 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Adrian, Never heard the word "Dingy' used like that. Over here we would say, Goldie Hawn on "Laugh In" was "Dingy" OOPS show'in my age again.
I thunk he meant "Darkened with smoke and grime; dirty or discolored."

Scot, I always like Billy better than Jimma. I luv his famous quote. "Marijuana is like Coors Beer, If ya could get it no body would want it."
Billy was more colorful I'd dare to say.
Old August 15th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I missed you all over the weekend!! No time to get on here. Sounds like all had a good one!

It's raining here this morning - supposed to pretty much all day. It was awful yesterday. I hope of the 5 car shows that were in the area yesterday, they rescheduled at least 3 of them for different days, lol!! Gotta look it up and see. I was gonna go to the one 40 miles away, but they were having it rain or shine, so needless to say I didn't go! There was more rain than shine yesterday!! It's awful muggy again too. Supposed to be sunny and 80's tomorrow.

So I went to the Suffield show on Saturday - turned out to be an absolute gorgeous day here! They really missed with the forecast. Got up to 84 degrees! Gotta down load my pics and get them posted. Quite a few cars there - we won 2nd place Best GM catagory! Outdone by a 57 Chebby that didn't even have his hood up...... Oh well, it was a pleasant surprise and I'm happy!! I have 11 trophies now!

Got home from that show around 4 pm, and told Larry we should go to the Peach Festival Show out in Garrettsville, it was Garrettsville's last show of the season. They have one a month out there at different locations. I haven't been to any out there this summer cause they're from 5 to 8 pm on Saturday's, and I'm usually at another show somewhere. So he went with me, and we had peach pie and ice cream..... and it was sooooo yummy! There were 187 cars there, they announced! Had to drive her home in the dark - really watching for the deer!! Now she has bugs all over the front bumper. Gotta clean those off tonight.

I put about 120 miles on the old girl Saturday!! I love driving her!

Went to the hair place yesterday morning and didn't get home till 3 ish, then went up to Ravenna and took Linda shopping. Didn't get home till 9:45 last night. I was tired!

Glad you made it to the car show, Car Designer! The weather here sucked yesterday as well. Rain started late morning, and was heavy and on and off all day.

Scot.... glad you had a nice time at the museum! Cool pic of that drive in! I was by the Midway drive in in Ravenna last evening. I'll have to take a pic of it sometime. I don't understand....... You don't have car shows all summer out there? They start towards fall?? I wouldn't like that.

Jamesbo..... you all really make me never want to come to Georgia, lol!! I suppose everywhere has their bad places it's better to stay away from. I don't go to Cleveland, and there's so much to do and see there. But it just scares me....

Well better do a little work this morning, lol! Have a great day all!! And watch for new threads later on with pics!
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:54 AM

Looks like I am first again.. and it is the beginning of another tueday
Jamesbo. .how did whitey respond to being smacked around ??
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Morning All!

Gonna be another nice day with temps in the low 90's No chance of the wet stuff though.

Sandy I haven't heard of any car shows or cruises this summer except for the fund raiser at the high school and a couple up around Atlanta. When my Dad was with us, he would have them at least once or twice a month during the spring, summer and fall seasons since 1982. He started various car clubs around here and various cruises. We sure miss him and I am unsure what his friends are doing without him, but I rarely see any of them. It would seem that they would schedule and promote something. My Dad's events would always be very successful because he always put a charity benefit to get the proceeds after he bought trophy's and plaques for the winners of their class. I wish I had the resources and funds to promote something like that, it would be a blast.

I hope everyone has a great day. cool:

Scot
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:13 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool dis mawn'in with highs not hitt'in 90 fer de frist time.

Whitey got smacked alot yesterday. I lost my ability to drive de ball sum whar.

Oh Well "Tommorw is another day."

Scot, I know ya don't get de Hotlanta news down thar. But Dis mawn'in, De said sum lady got chase by a dude with a hammer whilst jogg'in on de Freedom Trail.

For does of yous guys whose not familiar with Hotlanta. De Freedom Trail is down by de Jimma Carter Presidential Library right smack dab in one of de worst parts of de city fer crime.

Makes perfect sence to me.

Befo Jimma saves de world, He'd better start look'in after his own ghetto joggers

Sandy, Dar are places in Gawga dat are perfectly beautiful and very safe. De area 'round de presidentil library jes ain't one of dem.

For reasons I can't fully comprehend, There is dis group of "Urban Pioneers" dat move into Ghettos and proceed to go jogg'in at dusk and twilight, get attacked and don't understand WTH happened.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old August 16th, 2011, 05:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yep Jamesbo I read ajc.com and wsbtv.com and I saw that this morning along with the usual drive bys, robberies and killings that go on in da city. Macon has become just as bad but it is almost always at night when that mess goes on. I guess it was a good thing she was in good enough shape to outrun him, but I bet she will find another place to exercise or buy some protection one. We used to enjoy Piedmont Park when I was younger, but that is almost as bad now as Freedom Park IMO. Grant Park has deteriorated as well. By the way do you remember Lion Country Safari? I have some 8mm films from thar.
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A beautiful morning here - it's 65 degrees, sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue we don't see too often, lol! Goin up to the 80's and tomorrow is supposed to be nice also. The shadows are getting longer now though.

Another boring day in here. The guys stay busy with Steve's stuff while he's out, but I still don't have much to do.

Went home last night and made some macaroni salad. Did my laundry. Swept the kitchen floor and washed the throw rugs and hung em over the deck so they can dry in the sun today. Picked some more little maters. My green pepper is getting bigger - the one I have, lol. There are some blooms on the other plants, but no peppers yet. They sure are late this year. Pulled some weeds from my front flower bed. I haven't kept up with it all summer. It's a mess. The marigolds and snapdragons are looking beautiful though. They always start looking pretty towards fall.

Tonight I gotta go home and clean the bugs off Teepo!! She is not happy that I haven't done it yet! So I plan on being in the garage all evening.

Has anyone heard how Aaron is doing after his accident? I was wondering what he decided to do with the car too. I haven't seen any posts.

Scot..... I couldn't stand living where there are no car shows! Seems like they're everywhere around here. Look on Bigalslist.com sometime. There's a lot of them!! I don't understand that. Don't places out there just have them to raise money for things?? Are there weekly cruise in's? Oh well...... ya do have peaches anyhow, lol!

Well have a great day all!
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I looked on the list and the nearest one is 204 miles away from Perry (31069) Cool website though, thanks for the link.
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:33 AM

Jamsbo,

The city aught to open a night hunt season in those parks. Never know might clean things up a little
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot.... put in zip 44236 and see how many show up, lol!!
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:00 AM

Scot,

I haven't been to Piedmont Park since the polio epidemic shut down de swim'in hole. But I do remember a statue [bust] of one of the two Georgia's in the U.S. Capital.

Gawga triva hint- "Out of the hills of Habersham, down the valleys of Hall........."
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sidney Lanier
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Sidney Lanier
Ding Ding Ding

Give the gentleman a cigar

For bonus point whose de utter dudes statue up in D. C.

Search this Thread