The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 14th, 2017, 03:20 AM

Mawn'in

Well, guess what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsmV...mVgoXDq2w#t=42
Old August 14th, 2017, 03:37 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

London, My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Jamesbo, I'm sure thats true, but I'm just a poor mechanic. I haven't yet brought myself to pay $63 for a steak.

Well it's hay season officially now. Shuffled the missus out the door at about 4:15 this morning.

Bought this years pig yesterday. About the same weight as the others but with shorter legs.

Have a day.
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning it is,

Quite the light and boomer show last night, then the floodgates opened up. Rained so near the gutters couldn't keep up and the streets were awash. We're on higher ground so no need for a boat, although I suspect the sump pump will be doing extra duty today.

Jim - I already guessed.

Clint - Me neither. I guess it's not quite as bad as Ruth's Chris though... How much time does your porker still have before it goes to the butcher? So the whole neighborhood wakes at 4:15 to the sound of a KW firing up? Ah yes, raw diesel before the first Cuppa koffee. She's gonna be a tired camper when she gets home. I'm guessing you're the cook the next while.

Jouni - Back to the tar mines with ya!!

London - Sounds like a good time ahead. I'm not a fan of rap music, when I hear it I turn to a different station.

Cool and a bit foggy, but should clear up.
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Allan, I missed your guess 45/44
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Walked in a little while ago, the company really took care of me this weekend. Good seat on the plane this morning, landed 20 minutes early, parked at a gate next to the train, bus was waiting when I got out front. And I parked at my work so the car was safe and it didn't cost anything.

Got a lot done at Mom's this weekend. Next project is painting the ceiling in the bathroom. Anyone have a trick to painting large expanses of popcorn ceiling, without using a sprayer?

Going to pick up Tiger in a minute then we'll take in the Awful house for lunch. My friends from Alabama were in North Carolina this weekend and will be driving through this evening and want to stop and see Tiger. So for simplicity it will probably be Awful house again. That's okay, Tiger likes it and I'm already fat.

Jamesbo every time you put up a youtube link I hope to see the monkeys. Ah well, someday. Boo been shot.

Got to get going. Good start to the week to everyone.
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:15 AM

Jamesbo, Susanna Hoffs still looks hot today, in her 50's I believe. Mike, use a heavy nap roller for your popcorn ceiling.

Last edited by 1969w3155; August 14th, 2017 at 10:19 AM.
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:25 AM

Evening.

First day at work after vacation, was actually fun. Tomorrows going to be long day.
Disassembled my heads today ( not the original 8's, 7a's that i bought year ago)

goldenrocket - Nice Delmont! Forgot to say on last post, but i looked all the pictures many times, and have to say, its really nice looking

Okay. Time to take one beer. Have a day everyone.
Old August 14th, 2017, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, Susanna Hoffs still looks hot today, in her 50's I believe. Mike, use a heavy nap roller for your popcorn ceiling.

Yeah, She could use a heavy nap roller on me anytime she wants
Old August 14th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Always room for one more

Unprecedented. Three Oldsmobiles at Summit tonight. A silver 67 coupe, a blue 72 convertible, and a white 68 442. Not a big turnout so we didn't stay very long.

Had a nice dinner with my friends, and they are now zipping their way back to Alabama. Actually they are probably in Alabama by now but their destination is closer to Mississippi. Tiger was a good boy and let them pet him and give him a cheeseburger.

I'm tired tonight but I have to stay up really late so I can sleep in tomorrow. Maybe I'll watch a movie. I have a few good ones. Christine, Duel, Love the Beast, hm I think I'll watch that one.

Okay have a good night everyone.
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:39 PM

Yeah, She could use a heavy nap roller on me anytime she wants
LOL...ah ***** my laugh for the day.
Old August 15th, 2017, 04:09 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Her mother is doing the trucking. She has to get up earlier to do mom's chores. Them Mules still gotta be fed.

Have a day.
Old August 15th, 2017, 04:52 AM

Old August 15th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning,
Cooler and breezy here today. My new flag looks great flying in the breeze. The colors are so crisp as the morning sun hits it.

Jim - ???. Mebbe it's de eye pad but I got nuthin there. Just a blank screen? I'm gonna have to revise my estimates. All dat manwell labor yer doin must be giving yer muscles a boost and yer eye hand coordination an obvious better handicap. Mebbe some rotten potatoes half way through?

Clint - That's still really early but I guess it is what it is. No doubt the animals are happy to see her. I guess she also,has to muck their mess?

Jouni - Good to hear you're enjoying work again. Those heads you bought are from 72. They have hardened intake and exhaust seats. Are you having them built for you or doing it yourself?

London - Safe travels. Hope Majorca treats you well. Spoil that grandson...

Time to start thinking about where we'll spend some time in the sun this winter. Maybe meheeko, maybe Dominican Republic. Need to check on direct flights because the ones with stopovers suck the life out of having fun. Not choosing anything from United, that's for sure.
Old August 15th, 2017, 10:12 AM

Allan, it's the monkey/penquin video. Went to the post office today to get some stamps so's I could send a B day card to my sister, on the way back, I saw a really nice 65 Cutlass F-85 in Lucerne Blue going down the road, driven by some old guy (my age). Sounded like a V-8 under the hood, probably a 330, very stock looking with poverty caps and blackwalls....I liked it.
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:00 AM

Evening.

What a day of disasters at work, but i got to sauna at home, and now sitting at soffa reading internet. Exciting, isnt it?

1969w3155 - My wife is hotter than Suzanna Especially since shes waiting and have even bigger b***s than normally

Allan R - Dont know yet. Its kinda open still. Theres many things open- starting from carb. But the general concensus it that it will be 374cid.

So nothing exciting here. Have a day.
Old August 15th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Tis Monday, after a nice weekend. Hope this week goes better than last week.

Dan I've got a 65 F85 parts car in Lucerne Blue with a 330, I bet it was a nice car back in its day. When I got it a tree had jumped out in front of it(the tree was going 50) and the front end was sufficiently mangled. Not sure if it was the same occurrence, but the tree's buddy ran into the back door and smashed it so bad it won't open.

Jamesbo that never gets old.

Beautiful here. Hope the rain stays away all week, I need to mow. Looking forward to the eclipse on Monday. I'm headed up to John and Better Half's mountain retreat, we should have a pretty good view. Now all I need to do is find some eclipse glasses and I'll be set.

Okay off I go. Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 16th, 2017, 12:23 AM

Morning all from sunny Majorca.
Having a terrible time. Too much booze. Too much sunshine and too many topless women.��
Old August 16th, 2017, 01:57 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, Glad you enjoyed it a-gain. BTW I fear the mountains are going to be a traffic jam, travel safe Eat some poke for me

Mowing done yesterday, Place looks pretty good if I do say so myself.
Still gotta finish trimming the hedges, I rather get whipped with a chain but it's gotta be done

Originally Posted by LondonCutlass
Too much sunshine and too many topless women.��
London, Pics would be nice

Speaking of which

Inline, My grand daddy used to say "When you're poking the fire, ya don't look at the mantle"

And No I won't explain

BTW, I have a Pooka statue in my front yard

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 16th, 2017, 04:11 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

They are pouring the foundation tomorrow so hopefully we can backfill and actually use our front door again.

Dad is closing on his place on Friday. They moved it up from the last day of the month, Mom may get to move into her place in about 3 weeks. I sure hope they get settled before the snowfall.

Have a day.
Old August 16th, 2017, 09:28 AM

London, send your troubles my way!
Old August 16th, 2017, 10:58 AM

Evening.

Another day at paradise called work... wait..
Somehow i once again promised to go working at saturday? Hmm...

LondonCutlass - Nice to hear your enjoying. Too much booze, too many topless womens? We can help your pain, just send them to us

Jamesbo - I quess you dont need to explain

Okay, have a day everyone!
Old August 16th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Late to the party I guess

Went to Costco today and managed to stay focused. That means I didn't break the bank and there's still money left in my wallet. Why do they always put items on display to snack and tempt people. Jeez, I can't believe how many spoiled and ill mannered kids there were not being attended by their parents. There should be a kid corall where parents can drop off the kids and be issued a pickup tag to get them back.....

Clint - I bet you can hardly wait. It's been a long time waiting. After the pour I think you'll still be waiting about a week (?) before the footing is cured enough to build on, depending on how big the pour is. I remember going through stuff like that when we build this house.

London - I'm not sure whether to believe ya, I mean about having such a terrible time. I had to google the Majorca beaches etiquette and was surprised that almost ALL their beaches allow topless bathing (which is a no brainer for us guys..) but very few allow full nude bathers. Not sure I could handle all that scenery without getting embarrassed. How do you explain it to your grandson?

Dan - You'd prolly have a heart attack or need a dribble cup. Mebbe even go blind???

Jouni - What?? Another Saturday with no pay? Did you ever get that straightened out? Before I retired, I believed strongly in the phrase "Work to Live, but don't Live to Work". It's a delicate balance my friend. After the baby is born you'll get a more direct sense of how important that is.

Jim - .........nuff said.....
Old August 16th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah, nice all afternoon and when it's time to go out it rains. Well, it shouldn't last too long I see blue sky.

Clint I have some concrete work to do in the front of my house as well. Really I just need to pour some new concrete over some old to smooth it out. Sounds pretty cheezy but I've been assured by several people that it is acceptable.

London too bad you aren't enjoying your trip. You might have to go back again.

Jamesbo I plan on heading up that way early and not sticking around too long, so hopefully I'll miss out on some of the traffic.

Time to hit it. Hope Tiger doesn't get too wet, ie he better hurry. Have a good Hump Night everyone.
Old August 16th, 2017, 09:28 PM

Dan - You'd prolly have a heart attack or need a dribble cup. Mebbe even go blind??? Ya know, I have a response to this, but it might be just a little too blue to post here!
Old August 17th, 2017, 04:01 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, Allan, It's just the foundation walls, but then we can at least backfill and tamp. Then we won't have the holes for anyone to fall in. Then we will have to get ready for the slab.

Dad becomes a happy homeowner tomorrow but we have the 12 hour race on Saturday so we won't be able to help him much until Sunday. Besides there are a few things needing done before he moves in. but its gonna get real busy. getting him moved.

Have a day all.
Old August 17th, 2017, 04:50 AM

Mawn'in

Spose to be nice

Clint, I hired a fella with a 4 wheeler to come by yesterday/ He had a big piece of PVC with wicks coming out the bottom running along the PVC. He could raise and lower the contraption . Filled it up with round up and hit the high Johnson grass w/o touring the Fescue, It's spose ta work, we'll see

London, Still waiting on pics. Isn't it a bit like taking your wife to a "Shoe show" [where the ladies on wear shoes]

Mike, I'm not gonna head notre this weekend. I'm afraid it's gonna be a mad house in the hills

Funny, I can remember exactly where I was during the last eclipse but don't remember when it was. Kinda a non event IMHO

Old August 17th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Thorsday. Again.

Clint - Have fun at the race. Bet your dad is excited.
Old August 17th, 2017, 08:51 AM

Sorry Jim, I'm not sure if I should be taking pics of topless ladies on the beach, I'm liable to get some musclehead trying to thump me for taking pictures of his girlfriend, or maybe the wife might object and make me sleep on the balcony! You will just have to imagine what I'm seeing!

Going into the medieval old town tonight for some nice tapas.

Weather today, mid 90s by the pool but at least the beer is nice and cold.
Old August 17th, 2017, 09:40 AM

Evening.

What a day at work. We were Super fast. Wrote extra half-four for salary. Because we didnt even keep a break.

LondonCutlass - Okay, i ask my wife to show how it would like on topless beach
If you dont have the guts to take pics......

CQR - 12 hour race? Thats a long one?! Quads?

Allan R - Hmm i think ive forgot to update? At last i got them all payed. But this saturday isnt any special contract, just regular workday with regular salary.

Okay. Just came from sauna. Great time. Received my intake yesterday, could show an eye to it today.

Have a day all.
Old August 17th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Glad it worked out Jouni. BTW, the 7A heads have hardened intake and exhaust valve seats so they're good for todays unleaded. I noticed at the pumps today that our Premium gas has zero ethanol (here premium can range from 91 to 94 octane depending on the station), but the regular (87) and mid grade (89) are allowed up to a maximum of 10%.
Old August 17th, 2017, 01:00 PM

Well, n the last pass mowing the cemetery,I blew a rear seal on the mower

Best I can figure, I got 3 days to get going again. I called my buddy Donny [he looks after 300 different engines at the golf course from tractors/mowers to weed whackers]

He's gonna come by and see

Keep your fingers crossed
Old August 17th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice out, and didn't get to 100 like they said. So what did I do after getting up early this afternoon? Nothing.

Last night was a challenge. Worked on one thing all night long and never did get it fixed. Wiring problem with the boarding music. At one point we took the boarding music off all the planes, don't know why it came back. I'm no cone, so when it comes to wires I'm done. Another guy came to help, he couldn't figure it out, either.

Oh London the troubles one must bear!

Really the best part of the day Monday will be the people I spend it with. There was a partial eclipse when I was in 4th grade, we made one of those viewers and saw the shadow of the sun in a shoe box. A little anti-climactic. Had another one in high school. Drove home for lunch thinking it was going to rain. Eh, we sort of have an eclipse every night.

And it's that time again. One more. Have a good evening everyone.
Old August 18th, 2017, 02:47 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, A man came down from Blueridge yesterday to visit his wife's grave. I kinda know cause he comes often and always brings me sum home made apple butter,

He's predicts a traffic night mare. Said a bunch of Dane's [ no not great jes regular Danish folks] had rented every motel room in Blue Ridge and that the stores were running out of stuff.

JMHO, Take plenty of gas with ya Naturally this whole thing could be like the Y 2K bust

Guess it must be weed whacking day

BTW Allan, I shucked out early and got 18 in 41/46

Clint, do y'all have nasty Johnson gass out there? The fella that came to kill mine said, Fox glove, get's in horses teeth and causes problems. I guess horses don't ave perodonists
Old August 18th, 2017, 05:25 AM

I got the feeling that these Islamist terrorists are following me from country to country!
Maybe I shouldn't have made the joke that I live in Londonistan, maybe I'm paranoid!
What didn't help last night after the attack in Barcelona is that some idiot lit a massive firework that had people jumping under their dinner tables because they thought they were under attack.
Old August 18th, 2017, 06:27 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Inline, this is on dirtbikes. The wife and I are a team so 6 hours for each of us.

Jamesbo, It looks familiar, but I never hear the wife speak about it. So I'm guessing its not much of an issue.

London, You'd figure with all the unbound mammaries those kind of blokes would be scared off. Hope you can still enjoy yourself.

Have a day.
Old August 18th, 2017, 03:20 PM

Mike, On the way up jes go by my lake house and get my welding helmet out of the garage, Don't waste you money on NASA "approved" Eclipse viewing glasses. I think Al Gore has the franchise
Old August 18th, 2017, 04:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah, Friday. I thought my dinner tasted better tonight.

Beautiful here. It's a little muggy now, but when I woke up this afternoon It was just glorious out. And no rain all weekend.

Thanks Jamesbo. I've got some sunglasses I think I'll wear. It should be okay.

Yesterday was my puppies' birthday. First once since they've been gone. It was also my Mom's birthday. Thank the Lord she's still with us. She always seemed kind of mad that the dogs' birthday was the same day. It was only that way because that's the day I got them. In fact I was supposed to get them a couple days before, and someone beat me to them. So I was going to go see Mom for her birthday. But then they were available again and I called Mom and said too bad, I'm going to Florida to get those dogs. Funny, seems like yesterday. It was in 09.

Clint good luck moving on Sunday. Good luck with the race tomorrow. Do you each race 6 hours at a time or is it six hours cumulative?

Okay off to it. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old August 19th, 2017, 06:28 AM

Mike, Be sure and leave Tiger plenty of water, You're driving into a world class mess
Old August 19th, 2017, 07:28 AM

Evening.

Off from sauna, tired from work. Woke up 04am and back at home 3pm, at saturday.. Not good.

Soo, it then was first terrorist attack at Finland too. Asylum seeker who didnt get "approved" to get our nationality and was turned back. Not surprised, it was just a matter of time. We are getting what weve been begging By taking those in..
Surprised it took so long actually.

Okay, have a good saturday everyone. Bought new bench-wise, going to install it and then to watch movie with my wife.
Old August 19th, 2017, 09:49 AM

Mike, don't use regular sunglasses to look at the eclipse, they will not protect your eyes. Gotta welding helmet? that'll work.