The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old July 20th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.
Old July 20th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, I knew I'd heard that thing about Spiders and Snakes back in my yute....

Old July 20th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Always room for one more

John I'm not sure it was a snake that got Tiger. We have black snakes, copperheads, fake copperheads(some sort of water snake), and I hear rattlesnakes have been spotted around the lake but I've never seen one. Whatever it was that bit Tiger the bite is all but gone already.
Old July 20th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo that's funny about the ladies and the snakes. Got some more mowing done today, still have some more. Then the trimming, then clearing weeds off the seawall, then, then... The joys of home ownership.
Old July 20th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Always room for one more

We get some odd write ups at work. All I can figure is it's a long, boring flight. Last night one plane had the write up, insect spotted at 2D. I wonder what they think I'm gonna do about that. I looked at 2D and there were no insects, so I signed it off. One write up was, bad smell coming from lav. Now, the obvious sign off would be, removed bad smell. But that is not appreciated by whoever looks at these. So "notified lav service" is usually what signs it off. Or, cleaned in lav. Whatever. My favorite is when whatever is written up as not working, and I go out there and it works fine. Hm.

Last edited by slantflat; July 20th, 2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old July 20th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

So, night 3. Actually been thinking about working some overtime this weekend. It would help pay for the trailer. We've done okay so far this week, we've been short handed. A guy's sister died and he's been gone. One of the guys has no confidence and has to always work with someone, so that leaves us a man down as well. Eh, it all gets done. And now time to hit it.
Old July 20th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 21st, 2017, 12:35 AM

Good Morning.

Sunny, but clouds seems suspicious. Lets see where the weather turns. Im anyhow going to summer cottage soon.

Allan R - No Costco's or equivalent here. Was the question about battery tray meant for me? I could measure it and see if its same. "Fixing band" of battery was broken when i got mine, so i used a strap going under the battery tray to keep it in Place.
Btw. Taking off the battery tray. What where they thinking? One, just one bolt was assembled so that one guy had to be under the car holding the nut, while my wife was turning the bolt from engine bay. No way you could had disassembled it alone.

Okay, have a good weekend for you guys!

E: Yeah, scored Edelbrock Performer RPM mani from ebay to my build, next to new. Saved 110$ after all said and done versus new.
Glad i opened ebay. Great day

Last edited by Inline; July 21st, 2017 at 02:05 AM.
Old July 21st, 2017, 04:53 AM

Mawn'in

Tired but need to go to de stow and get some grub to take to my 90 y.o bud in the mountains

London, I make a pretty good ersatz Dover Sole with flounder

BTW, I saw where the PC people are complaining about not enough "diversity" in the movie Dunkirk. How dare you not allow people to get trapped evacuating without regard to sex, race, color, creed, national origin or sexual preference

Mike, I don't know if it's true or not but I read on FB where they turned a place around and headed home to land cause of a passenger with Bad Gas

Allan, There used to be a Whole Foods store down here that everyone called Whole Paycheck

GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 21st, 2017, 05:35 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Every race tears me up. In that 90 minutes I've been told we burn between 2000 and 2500 calories. and since we don't ride hardly ever except race day those muscles are not in shape for that kind of abuse.

Jamesbo. In or out don't matter to me, I'll either hit my head on the ball nut or on the receiver crawling out from under it.

BTW I haven't been on a plane in a while so you can't blame the smell on me.

Have a day.
Old July 21st, 2017, 06:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Finally we got some much needed rain last night. Quite the light show too. System is Spoda wrap,around and revisit in a few hours. The boy is heading out of town for a business conference in Calgary so it'll just be me and the missus at home all weekend.

Jim - You're a good man sir. Hope your 90 yr old friend is ok. That's a remarkably long lifetime. That's funny about whole foods, but a sad reality in today's economics.

Jouni - Yes, that offer on the battery tray was for you. Honestly I don't know if the one I have is compatible but if it is, I'll bead blast it for you and it'll be up to you to paint whatever color you want. Don't forget that when the car was built it was much easier to assemble with all new parts. Taking them apart with corrosion is a different game.

Clint - That explains a lot. I had no idea how rigorous the body demands were for those races. Doesn't your active lifestyle help a bit with maintaining those muscles? Just thinking out loud, but would it help to do some conditioning exercises for a week before the race so it wouldn't be as hard on the muscles on race day?

The flooring contractor was here yesterday to measure for new main floor and quote install price.
Old July 21st, 2017, 07:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all... Big City today. Let me get crank up the heavy artillery....

Spose to be back up into the upper 90s again, so y'all have a cool one, Olds friends.
Old July 21st, 2017, 04:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Geez I can't stop laughing. I was reading another thread and the OP gets called out bigtime. Well deserved, too.

OK it's Friday! Like last week, it seemed like a long week until now. Lots to do this weekend. Fix the tire on the Cruze. Rotate the tires on the truck. Work at the shop. Oh and I have to have some fun somewhere in there. Not sure what that will entail.

Finished my mowing this afternoon. Might do the trimming this weekend or wait till next week. It's hot out, over 90. Tiger doesn't seem to mind, but when he's ready to go in, that's it he hits the stairs. He has water outside, but it's ambient temperature. I wouldn't want to drink that, either.

Jamesbo I saw that too. I think I also saw that the company was trying to tell everyone there was a mechanical problem with the airplane. Didn't this happen on British Airways a couple of years ago?

John hope you made it back from town okay. Wearing full armor can be cumbersome. I may just be naïve(or stupid), but when I find myself in a known bad part of town, I don't feel uncomfortable until I get home. Of course I wouldn't go to those places at night in the first place...

Okay gonna hit the road. Hope my Friday does me better than last week. Next week only two and then off to Ohio.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 03:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, I'm back. did an LA turn around [Inline, that's when ya drive to Los Angeles and turn around and drive back]

Got some meds, grub etc Fixed some dinner for my bud and [as usual] got a call from a family in need. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm gonna meet with them in a while then drive back

Old July 22nd, 2017, 09:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, you're a good friend. Wish everyone had your understanding of life. How was your friend managing? Are you doing 2 trips? That's a lot of driving.

Thought of another term for that trip. It comes from the truckers world - turn and burn.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 10:12 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Did better on my Friday than I did last week, but nothing earth shattering. Heard the rest of the crew, who finished at the same time I did, stayed another hour doing exactly diddley.

Over 90 already. Think I'll go work at the shop a little while, then come get my tire and have it fixed. I need to get the truck from the shop anyway.

Jamesbo safe travels. All this in your pickup? Is that guy a stick shifter?

And now, Awful house. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 10:46 AM

Mr. Bell, you're a good man. Sitting around waiting for the grass to dry so's I can cut it, but the damn humidity is making it hard. So, I got a haircut, and am doing a load of laundry. The kitchen floor is next.
Old July 22nd, 2017, 11:07 AM

I'm really glad I got the cemetery in shape, it's one less thing to worry with

Mike, It's a 4X4 auto. Red sleeps in the back set, I'd let him drive [he know the way back and forth by heart] BUT he would stop at EVERY drive in window for a cheese burger
Old July 22nd, 2017, 02:31 PM

So, today I'm in Italy on the Almalfi coast. Italians are by far the worst drivers anywhere on this planet. They just don't give a damn about the rules of the road.
Spent the afternoon having a spa day. Very nice. Had a full body massage from a very pretty Italian lady, just glad she never asked me to turn over!

Sunday we are off sight seeing in Pompeii, then over to Mount Vesuvius should be good even though the temps are in the mid 90s.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 05:30 AM

Mawn'in

Well, Got another call from a family last nite, Headed back. My plans for a long week in the mountings with my buddy have been shot

Guess, I'll sleep when I'm dead

London, The oriental ones [Lub you long time] usually say, "You want extra?"

GTG

Old July 23rd, 2017, 05:48 AM

Jim. I'll take your word for that.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 07:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Bought a soil analyzer kit and found out some of the ground that's been having trouble is too alkaline. I limed it as directed. Hopefully see some results in a few weeks.

Jim - Sorry to hear business interrupted your visit.

London - Sounds interesting, but that's way too hot for me. Enjoy the sightseeing. Isn't today the misuses birthday? Happy birthday to her! Treat her nice.

Clint - How's the new porch coming along?

Jouni - You have a good weekend? Did you get around to seeing the movie with your bride?

Cooler one here today, chance of rain during the day. Love how quiet it is outside.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 07:58 AM

Evening was a whole lot better minute ago. Until this stupid site decided to erase my long writings when clicking "post quick reply"

Oh well, sunday for everyone. Evening here.
Big Wheels was great success. 1400 different hobby cars ( thats an HUGE amount of cars here in Finland at one show, and i bet anywhere near) attented the show, from Datsuns to Oldsmobiles ( even one grossly faked 442, even stickers didnt resemble originals ) and American and European old trucks.
All in all, great show. Next year again for sure!

I got an itch to attend next year Trash & Burn Festival in Sveti Martin Na Muri, Croatia. Somewhere around mid-summer celebrations. Would be great goal to get my car back to road. For those interested:

http://www.croatia.hr/en-GB/Activiti...-Burn-Festival

Allan R - Okay. 27 x 18 x 4 cm roughly ( L x W x H ), and attaches via 3 bolts. And there should be some kind of thing to hold battery down to tray. If needed, i can picture it. Anyways, appreciate the offer did it fit or not, cheers

LondonCutlass - Italy, huh? Quess what, we got an surprise summer-vacation on 4.8-13.8. All 9 days Quess where were heading? To Italy! To Trieste area, planning to visit Croatia and Slovenja too, but the main thing is that my wife wants to see Venice, and so she will. Also Budapest on list. Were travelling with a car and tent, its just one looong day behind a wheel. For me, the idea of travelling with a plane.. well, its just not for me. Travelling is part of the trip for me

Jamesbo - Sorry to hear your whole weekend got shot down. It seems more often than not nothing goes as planned

Okay, have a good evening guys. New week ahead. Cant wait for my vacation!!!

Last edited by Inline; July 23rd, 2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 08:01 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Breakfast at home on my day off, now that's a rarity. Didn't sleep worth nothin' last night, got up at 7 to fix Tiger's breakfast(which he didn't eat) and went back to bed, just for a minute. Woke up at 10.

Pulled a bunch of weeds on the driveway going into the shop yesterday and tore up my hands pretty good. Smaller version of road rash I suppose. This will hurt for days. Eh, the driveway looks better.

London I've never been to Italy, but the worst drivers I've ever encountered were in Indiana. I would love to go to Italy and see the Leaning Tower of Piza.

Jamesbo how far is it between your house and the lake?

Gonna be another hot one today. Don't know what I'll do, other than get the tire off the Cruze for tomorrow. Might wash the pickup after 4 this afternoon.

Have a good day everyone.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:29 AM

Mike, It's about 75 miles 1 hour and 40 minutes IF GDOT hasn't closed all but one lane of Ga 400 [a.k.a.The Alpharetta Autobahn]
Old July 23rd, 2017, 09:52 AM

Mike, unfortunately we are nowhere near Pisa, I'd like to go there too. Nearly killed a nun on a pedestrian crossing last night, she came out of nowhere!
The worst drivers are the scooter drivers, they buzz around like flies on a turd and you never know when they will overtake. The Italians version of give way is, I'm here first then I will go, even if the car has to do an emergency stop.

Jouni, take plenty of factor 30 sunscreen, its hot.

Allan, the wife's birthday is on Tuesday, hence why this vacation, and yes I have taken her hints on board and gone with the over priced watch, anything for a quiet life.

Two weeks time and it's trip number 2 this time to the island of Majorca in the Mediterranean. Going with my wife, my daughter and her partner and my grandson so I'm looking forward to a bit of quality time with him.

I'm going shortly to a nice restaurant way up in the mountains, the wife wants us to get a cab she says her nerves are shredded from the driving.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 12:40 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Break time. Found out what I'm doing today. Got a text from my neighbor over at the shop saying the yard ***** have been back in the neighborhood. I haven't heard anything from them but I figured I'd be proactive and go move stuff around. I don't get it. They hadn't been in the neighborhood in years and now we can't get rid of them. I'm thinking someone is trying to sell their house and thinks by them calling it will make things look nicer. It won't. The place doesn't look bad as it is. Also there's some old woman in there who doesn't like cars. Hm. I wonder if she calls on herself when she goes out to the garage.

London, it will make your wife feel better if a stranger drives you rather than her own husband? Sounds like my Mom. She will dismiss any comments I have on fixing things yet relies on total strangers.

Okay back at it. Clouding up a little hope the rain bypasses us. The weather man has been saying rain all week and we haven't had it, hope today isn't any different. Or tomorrow, it's Summit cruise in tomorrow.
Old July 23rd, 2017, 03:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni - 26.3 cm x 18.2 cm x 2.1 cm (L/w/H)
It has been painted with some God awful blue paint that even my bead blaster is finding annoying (at 100psi!!! using 60 grit glass) I'll finish blasting it tomorrow and try and get you a picture. It's not perfect and has some pitting, but overall in good to very good condition. The threads for the battery tie down are in perfect shape. Sorry I don't have an extra tie down or bolt for it.

EDIT: There are 3 bolt holes that secure the tray - they make a triangle. Does that sound right?

Get you a picture soon as it's done, ok? Can you PM me your email address so I can send it from my phone?
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:50 AM

Mawn'in

Welp tis Monday so guess what?

GONG

Wrong, Go to the back of the class

I'm gonna drive back home from the mountains, lay [or is it lie] down and take a nap

Old July 24th, 2017, 05:19 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Jamesbo let Red drive, you must be pretty tired. There can't be that many drive in windows along the way.

Beautiful out. Hope the rain stays away. Got a few things moved around at the shop yesterday. Gave my neighbor a key to the gate and he's gonna keep a couple trucks over there for now, they just need to be out of sight. Whoever is at the root of all this is even complaining about the airplanes. It's an airport for God's sake!

Today is get the tire on the Cruze fixed day. After that, more shop stuff. But now, Awful house. Have a good day everyone.
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Big day today: professional road grading & gravelling! Hopefully will ease the burden of my wheelbarrow for a year or two... I managed to round the troops and get the 3 other major players to contribute, although next-door neighbor just had their first baby last week & claimed insolvency; so they pledged to repay me in a couple months if I fronted for them. At least it's a credible excuse.

Y'all have a great Monday, Olds friends.

P.S.: It's "lie," Jamesbo. ;-)

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 24th, 2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old July 24th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I have a question for you when you wake up. I was driving past a cemetery and a guy was in a grave with a jackhammer. What the heck was he doing? Do rocks ever turn up when you're digging that have to be moved? He didn't have a backhoe there, very weird.

And John, it's not a lie if you believe it.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:00 AM

Evening all

Another day in the sun but I suppose it beats working.
Been on a boat from Vieta sul mare to Positano which is all the way along the Almalfi coast, it's all a UNESCO world heritage site so very nice. The whole place is full of Americans usually being very loud! Had a chat with some folks from Indiana and asked them if they are worse drivers than the Italians. I don't think they knew what I was talking about.

Getting ready to go out to eat. Please no more pasta.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:04 AM

Evening.

Another week, another adventures. Not much to tell. Just the normal, nothing better than agony

Allan R - Yes, ill PM to you. Triangle dont sound my bells yet, but dunno? Lets see

Bee-Oh-Pee - Sorry, didnt read you. Quess my english skills aint good enough, almost all of that gone flying over my head

Okay. Just came from sauna, now really late dinner. Have a good evening guys.
Old July 24th, 2017, 10:53 AM

Mike, I have an opening and closing company I use.[read grave diggers] They give me a price sheet for everything once a year with a * on it, Basically "if" they hit rock [not little rocks but solid rock, their quoted price stops and it becomes whatever it takes to dig the grave. Since blasting is pretty much out of the question, a jackhammer would be a good start.

Thank goodness, They've never hit solid stuff in my cemetery. I thought about hiring a company to determine if there were any area with solid rock, but never did it

Next time you drive up 85 right after 75 splits off , if you look to your left you'll see some solid granite that they had to blast when they built the expressway. It kind of shows up randomly but the closer you go east [towards Stone Mountain] the more of it you'll see. There's alot of granite outcroppings [where the solidi granite is on the surface] on the North South Scenic hwy in Gwinett County.

Since we're on the subject, My grave digger was once hired to dig a grave in the hysterical historical Roswell cemetery, He got his chain saw out to cut down an oak on the grave and the city fathers pitches a fit and stopped him. I assume someone inherited an old grave that now they can not use
Old July 24th, 2017, 11:03 AM

John, That might be the first grammatical correction I ever got from someone that says "Wha ya at?"

Inline, John lives on a gravel road and [as far back as I can remember]is the only one filling pot holes with gravel in his wheel barrow. Looks like he and 3 others chipped in to have some work done professionally and one of his neighbors could not help because they just had a baby and were O.D,[ Outa dough.] So like Wimpy "They'll pay him later" Looks like John paid their share in hopes of getting repaid later
Old July 24th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Tis a dreary Monday afternoon

It's been cold, raining and blowing since yesterday around 5:00 pm. A good day to stay inside so that's what I did. Never nice when you have horizontal rain and cold temps.

London - That's funny. I can think of a few people who fit that description.

John - Good call. They probably won't repay you but at least you get a decent road to drive on. Hopefully the contractor gave you a good rate and doesn't leave until you sign off on the job being done right.

Jouni - Got your PM. BTW just so you can figure out Jim's comment about Wimpy. He was a cartoon character in the Popeye comics. He would always mooch $ so he could eat his favorite food which was Hamburgers. He was famous for saying "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today". From all the times I read that comic I don't ever remember him paying it back though.

Jim - Good thing I didn't look early today or I would have got gonged. That was really early when you posted that. I'm guessing that when you got home and had your nap you shot 36/36 in your sleep Y'all inspired me to go look for a place to have an afternoon nap...
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:02 PM

Allan, There's no rest fer the weary.
Got home to the a/c frozed up and a GIANT Pee-can limb split and hanging down in the yard. Fortunately the Super model had the a/c man on the way, [she's very good at phoning and asking for help]so I called my tree bud with a track hoe to yank this limb off the fence. But, as luck would have it. It's fix'in to come up a cloud before he gets a chance to get here

BTW did you see Jordon Speith go 5 under in 4 holes
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, it's not really a correction iffin' you axe fer it... ;-)

I sense a whackin' some time for you later in the week.....????

BTW, great translation for Inline... Inline, would you translate that into Finnish for us? LOL
Old July 24th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Jamesbo, it's not really a correction iffin' you axe fer it..
Touche

Search this Thread