The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

It's a late morning for me....

I watched TV most the day.... 500 miles at Pocono (Sprint Cup) and also the Mid-America in Ohio, the Indycars..... I did a bunch of channel switching.

I'm just about to put two nice center-cut poke chops in my Calphalon fryin pan. Yummy!

Have a great Sunday night!

--Don

Old August 7th, 2011, 04:40 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Evening All

Well it's cooling off here still around 93 degrees but cooler for sure.

We have been entertaining ALL weekend. The middle one turned 14 Friday and the whole cast of Spartacus that descended down on my humble abode didn't disperse as fast as I hoped

Anyhoo I am still cleaning up from a weekend of slumber parties and festivities. Should be back to normal by late tonight

Jamesbo the trick to the Retrievers and Labs is to have two tennis *****. One to toss in de water and one to hide from him/her until they bring the first one back and show them the other ball, they drop the one and without shaking off they are chasing the second one you throw before they shake rattle and roll. The first ball however you might have to get good at knowing when to show it to them so it just rolls to your/her feet. My "Jerk Russell" will do this relentlessly for hours.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday Eve.

Scot
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Another hot one here today, high 80's. Seemed like the humidity lessened for a while this afternoon. It was pretty breezy all day, but boy around 7 pm it got real humid again and no breeze out there at all. It started off pretty cloudy this morning, so I didn't go to that show in Maple Hts. It was gonna be participant judging too, so I'm shying away from those shows.

I ended up cleaning the inside of Tincanio. Swept her out, threw the floor mats in the washer on gentle and laid them over the deck rail to dry in the sun. They look pretty good! Then I planted a bunch of plants I got the other night marked down at Wal Mart, lol. Gonna take a couple to work with me. There isn't a real good place for me to put them there, but it will brighten up the drab ugly place some! Wish I had some windows in there.

I shut myself in the garage with Teepo this afternoon and gave her a nice coat of wax. Cleaned the bumpers with chrome polish. She sure looks purty, lol! The Olds show in Alliance is coming up on the 28th. Of course there are 2 other shows that day also. I'll be goin to the Olds show. Sent my registration in last week with my $10 fee.

I just ate my last peach. *sighs loudly* They sure were delicious.

Well have to get stuff ready for work tomorrow, so I better get off of here. Have a good night!

Last edited by cutlassgal; August 7th, 2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: peach withdrawl
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Morning All!

It is sooo muggy here with the low of 80 degrees We are under another heat advisory again this week. But on the bright side, we are on the down slope where the average temps will start to decline (I hope)

Going through peach withdrawals, Sandy? Not good, I don't mind sending more if you want. There is also a good crop of nectarines as well. I would understand if you didn't because they are sooo expensive to ship properly.

I guess Jamesbo will go searching for the 19th hole today after he clobbers whitey.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Yep, anutter hot muggy one dis mawn'in.

I ran out of frigg'in bagles. jes had toast wit cream cheese [ no Nova] and it sucks. I need my Omega 3

Gotta go to de stow before I go smack whitey 'round.

Scot, I may start on de 19th hole and werk my way backwards.
Old August 8th, 2011, 05:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Gotta go to de stow before I go smack whitey 'round.

Scot, I may start on de 19th hole and werk my way backwards.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Old August 8th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well Jamesbo... your day isn't getting off to a very good start for a Monday, now is it? I hate it when that happens.....

It's another muggy day here. Cloudy and supposed to rain on and off. It's cooler, but you don't really notice it with all the humidity! Supposed to be a cooler week.

Well Brian had a great time at the Rustang show over at Summit. He won 1st place in his class! He's soooo proud! I'm proud of him too. I think it's great!! Maybe he'll bring the car out alittle more now.

It's a quiet morning in here. Not much going on so far.

Scot..... are your nectarines as big as baseballs too, lol??? I may be having you send me a mixed batch....

That sign is great, lol!

Well have a great day all!

Last edited by cutlassgal; August 8th, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
Old August 8th, 2011, 06:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Scot..... are your nectarines as big as baseballs too, lol??? I may be having you send me a mixed batch....
Not quite that big but are good sized, I'd say. Just let me know by PM if you want and let me know how many.
Old August 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM

Good morning all

Another day in paradise here. Sitting in my office looking at cloudy sky's that are supposed to clear to sun this afternoon and 74 degrees. This is what is call just right weather not to hot, just right. Worked yesterday afternoon on my diesel generator in my motorhome figuring out why it is only putting out 60 amps. Think I have it figured out and ordered parts for repairs. Think Oldsmobile parts are expensive, guess again. 1-bridge rectifier (about the size of a silver dollar and 1" thick ) and one voltage suppressor (about the size of a quarter and the same thickness) $131.00

That's what happens when somethings are single source.

Have a great day all

P.S.

Jamsbo, starting at the 19th hole will give you a great bowling score
Old August 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Captain of my ship

Pat , you got off cheap When I fixed the manure spreader I had to replace a worm gear and drive gear....cost $1779.90
Nothing but rain and rain and more rain here lately , the Olds has not been touched since I put it in the garage Feeling like crap too , the neck keeps getting worse though Doc tells me to keep stretching it a couple times a day. That only makes me feel worse but who am I to know so I keep doing it. Well I guess I will go walk around the mall to get some exercise.
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Pat , you got off cheap When I fixed the manure spreader I had to replace a worm gear and drive gear....cost $1779.90
Nothing but rain and rain and more rain here lately , the Olds has not been touched since I put it in the garage Feeling like crap too , the neck keeps getting worse though Doc tells me to keep stretching it a couple times a day. That only makes me feel worse but who am I to know so I keep doing it. Well I guess I will go walk around the mall to get some exercise.
Wolfie, sounds like you might need one of those medieval racks with the pulleys, ropes and levers. Hope you get this figured out soon.

Glad i don't have the need for a manure spreader, although some people say I am full of sh@t, so maybe I do
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Morning All!

It's a little cooler this morning around 73 degrees, but we are going to be under yet another heat advisory this afternoon when the temps jump to around 98. We got a sprinkle last eve, while it stormed all around us. Another chance of the wet stuff this afternoon so I've got my fingers crossed.

Well I need to get out the and do a little maintenance on the grocery-getter before it gets hot.

Scot
Old August 9th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cooler here - temps in the 60's right now. It feels chilly, after weeks of 90's!! Still somewhat humid though. Supposed to hit the mid 80's today, then 70's pretty much the rest of the week. They said we could get in the 50's at night. I'm gonna be cold, lol! Storm chances again for the weekend, of course. Had some rain last night.

God I'm bored out of my mind already!! It's quiet, slow, and boring in here!!! I thought yesterday would never end. Sure wish I had some work to do!!!!! I do have to leave at 3:00 today to take Tincanio over to Don Sitts for her first oil change since I've had her. I don't like that they don't have a late night or Saturday hours so people don't have to miss work. Guess that's why he gives a year of free oil changes..... cause you have to miss wages in order to use them, lol!

With the way the news is sensationalizing the falling stocks and such, people are gonna be afraid to buy again, and business is gonna drop. Larry watches that friggin Fox News for hours on end and all they do is talk about the same things over and over and over, and argue and talk over each other. God it makes me crazy!!

I didn't do much of anything last evening. Sat on my swing and read awhile. The sun should have been directly on me, but it's around the side of the house already, now. I'm not ready for these changes already. Seems like summer just got here.

Well better find something to do, so I'll talk to ya later! Have a great day all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; August 9th, 2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and muggy after last nites showers.

Scot, Thar's no way I can hit a 5 iron 175 yards so de winders is safe.

I can't watch the "Talking Heads" on de news any more. They drive me crazy and their laughing P.O.s me to know end.

IT AIN"T FRIGG'IN FUNNY

Have a great day, If I'm still solvent, I talk wit cha soon.
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM

For that last three years my 401K has bounced around from a 101K to a 301K. Most likely have to live in my motorhome is someones back yard when and if I retire. Planned on quitting the full time gig on January 1 of 2013 but we'll have to see where the economy in going to see if this will work.
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

My plans were to retire when I turn 62..... but I really don't think I'll ever be able to retire at all! There will be no social security then, though I've paid in all these years so others could live on it, and my 401k is a laugh!!! By the time I draw on it and am taxed at the time of withdrawls, the tax rate is gonna be un real, and I won't hardly get anything anyhow. It really sucks!
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:44 AM

The way it's going, "I'll be living in a van, down by the river". apologies to Chris Farley and SNL.
Old August 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

We'll just get us an Olds commune started, lol. Sit and talk about the old days!
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:03 PM

We could all go to work for Jamsbo in his cemetery cutting grass and whatnot. Heck I'll work for food as long as he is doing the cooking

Maybe we could set up the commune on a back portion of one of his properties.
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:28 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds like a plan Pat. ^^^

By the way Jamesbo, every time I go by a cemetery it is facing east like you say. Is this due to the sunrise or is it due to them all facing Jerusalem? Just wondering....
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Morning all, look to be a good day but I'm not gonna do anything as I have night shift tonight and if I do then I struggle like all to get through it lol.

Well I found out yesterday that I didn't get the apprenticeship, someone else beat my by a whisker I guess it doesn't pay too work too hard these days as it gets you nowhere In 6 months they should have another round of apprenticeships so I will just have to try again

I'm not sure how Australia will be affected by all this economy doom and gloom, just have to wait and see. Hopefully by the time I am at retirement age the world will have sorted its crap out, they have 37 years

Have a great day/night ya'll,

Adrian
Old August 9th, 2011, 07:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Here is one for Jamesbo

http://www.youtube.com/user/sportsrisq?blend=2&ob=5
Old August 10th, 2011, 04:54 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Well we got some of the wet stuff last evening. But it is going to be again hot and muggy with the mercury into the red #'s again.

Scot
Old August 10th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Scot,

It's a religious tradition

Then the man brought me to the eastward facing gate, and I saw the Glory of God of coming." Ezek 43:1
"But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." Mal 4:2
"...because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death..." Luke 1:78,79

Anytime Ya'll wanta come cut grass, weed eat or mow with a tractor you can come on down. We have a CITA program

Thanks for the golf video, but this one is more like me. The trick for me golfing is to make it thru 18 holes w/o breaking a club over a tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_AxL5GpiMk
Old August 10th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cooler here this morning, in the low 60's. We had some pretty violent storms come through last evening. They were ugly!! But the humidity is finally gone, and we're supposed to get in the 50's tonight. It's a lovely morning out here!!

I was gonna suggest we have our commune at Jamesbo's, but figured that would go over like a lead balloon, lol! But it is a good idea. We could plant the garden and keep the deer and critters away so we would have plenty of food!

Speaking of which...... When I went into the spare room this morning, what do I see like right there outside the window by the house?? Mama friggin deer walkin by like she owns the place! I whipped that window open and started shoutin at her, lol. Got a book and banged on the side of the house with it and that scared her enough she started running. Man I hate those deer!!!!!!!

So I get into Tincanio here yesterday afternoon to go get her oil changed, and when I started her, that friggin low tire pressure light stayed on. I thought WTH?? Drove it all the way to Don Sitts place, and when I got out, the right rear tire was damned near flat - it had a phillips head screw sticking out of it! I must have picked it up out here in the parking lot yesterday morning or something, and it sat there all day slowly leaking! I don't know what it is with this vehicle and things getting in the tires?? In all my years of driving the Intrigue I never had a flat or low tire. I get this thing, and 2 flat back tires with something in them within 6 months!!! They patched it for free. Even washed her after her oil change.

I have to get Don something Oldsmobile to hang on his walls over there. He has lots of things, and little signs and such.... chevy, pontiac, buick, etc... but nothing Oldsmobile. I felt discriminated against, lol!! So I gotta start looking.

Adrian..... sorry you didn't get your apprenticeship. That sucks. But keep trying! Good things come to those who wait!

Well have a great day all!
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Jamesbo for the history lesson and partial sermon.

Sorry about your luck with tincanio, at least they repaired it and washed it for free.
Old August 10th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot.... Have ya heard back from the re interviews yet???
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:01 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Nope nothing yet. Something will come along as more and more jobs I have been applying to lately, I hope...

Thanks for asking
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well I'm sure you'll get something soon! Wish my daughter had your work ethic...... I do believe she's unemployed again, but I'm not asking!!!!! I don't want to know. I think she holds the record of getting jobs and working 2 weeks and quitting. But I may be wrong.....
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:10 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Well she will come around soon enough. I wish her luck in finding the perfect job.
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Morning All!

Gonna be another scorcher today with the humidity through the roof. I think this has been one of the hottest years we've had in a long long time.

We are planning to take the kids to the museum Saturday if everything goes as planned. The youngest is so excited, she has been counting down the days.

I got to watch our own hometown Warner Robins Little League put a whoopin' on W Virginia on ESPN 2 yesterday from right here pretty much from my back yard. 7-0 They will play in the Southeast Regional Finals on Friday against Florida @ 8pm on ESPN. http://www.littleleague.org/series/2.../southeast.htm

Scot
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:38 AM

Anutter hot one.

So they hired a new assistant grounds keeper yesterday. I met him whle his boss [my bud] is rid'in him 'round show'in him stuff. I'm stand'in out in the # 9 fairway lying 2 , 174 yards out.

And I say to de new kid. " Ya want hit one for me?" He' says, "Sure." So I say ya' want a 5 wood?' "Naw, he says, give me a 4 iron."

No warm up, nutt'in....... de kids hits a 4 iron 175 yards with a slight fade right within 2 feet of the pin.

Geeze Louise I hate kids who can do that. But hey, I'm on in regulation.
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's downright chilly here this morning. 61 degrees. It got cold overnight - had the bedroom windows open and it fell to the 50's. But it's nice! No humidity!!! Supposed to be around 77 today, warmer this weekend with friggin rain. I planned on going to shows Sat. and Sunday.....

Went to the Chick-Fil-A cruise last night. Beautiful evening for it! We had a lot more cars too!!!! So hopefully it's taking off and will be even bigger next season! I'm downloading pics onto photobucket now, so will be posting some.

Tonight is Bellacino's over in Stow! I just hate it now, that around 8 pm it's starting to get dark.... by 8:30 you really should have the headlights on when driving home. It sucks. Only saw 2 friggin deer on the way home.

There were mama and half grown baby walking in our backyard this morning. I went out like a crazy woman screaming and yelling at them, lol! I'm sure she was telling Jr. what a good yard ours is to eat in. Bastar*s!!!!!

Steve is off until next Thursday. They went to Atlantic City again. So it's nice in here without him, lol!!

Well you all have a great day!!
Old August 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM

It rained the last 2 days and looks like it could rain again today. At least the temperatures are more reasonable now.

I worked on the dash I bought for the Cutlass the last few days. It doesn't look bad now that it is painted.

I have been seeing quite a few birds while working outside the last couple of days. A cardinal, blue jay, black birds and others. Tried to get a pic of the cardinal and blue jay, but they don't stay around long enough.

Have a good day!
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot dry muggy on ere. Got de hay up and de place looks pretty nice but a little dry.

Dis mawn'in a guy I went to camp with [when I was a pup] sent me a pic of one of my favorite places on earth. It's up in North Carolina in the depths of Pisgah National Forest.

We used to go skinny dipp'in in de pool below de 40 ' falls. De water was colder than a brass bra in Alaska.

Beautiful spot but very remote and hard to get to. If any of ya'll [like Rob perhaps] have traveled de Blue Ridge Pky and gone by de mountain called Devil's Court house. It's kinda near there, only straigth down deep in the valley. Ya can't really get thar from de pky ya gotta go w-a-y round on Forest service roads fer miles an miles.

Ah youth. What fun.
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Morning All! TGIF!

Hey Jamesbo I can finally see the waterfall in that pic Oh wait that ain't the same pic or is it? One good thing about them natural springs is that you won't find any snakes swimming around in there with you.

Sandy how was Belicinios' turn out last eve? Hopefully pretty good.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a safe weekend!

Scot
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:23 AM
CQR

Happy Friday everyone. Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:35 AM

Happy Friday morning Everyone
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:40 AM

Scot,

No Mr. No shoulder could survive in de cold water.

Every Summer for 4 years I went to camp in de mountains for 8 weeks. In 4 years of walk'in round barefoot for 8 weeks, I've seen exactly 3 poisonous snakes.

1] Step on one barefoot sleeping copperhead that didn't bite me. [Had to clean out my britches but didn't get bitten]

2] Saw a kid pick up a copperhead by de tail and didn't get bitten.

3] Saw one at dusk headed into de woods to get away from us.

I've seen more rattlers quail hunt'in [when it warms up too much] than I ever saw as a kid.
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool morning here - it was 57 degrees when I got up. Pretty chilly, lol! There were a few at Bellacinos last evening wrapped in blankets when the sun started going down. It got cool..... Sun is shining and we're heading towards 83. Still calling for rain/storms for the weekend, and humidity coming back in.

Had a nice turn out at Bellacinos last evening. I took a few pics - will post them later.

Speaking of pics..... I like that one, Jamesbo. Looks much better without the girl, lol. Just my opinion.....

I'm glad it's Friday. Been a long week. Brian here is in a snorkey mood today. I told Clay that if Brian snaps at me one more time, he's gonna hear some fightin out there! I don't come to work to be snapped at by someone who takes it out on us that he didn't get much sleep last night, or had to stay late cause Steve is off and he had to actually work!!! Not my fault "he's not a morning person". Get over it. Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!

Have a great day all!!