The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2017, 04:18 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, No we didn't have a race this weekend, but we do have one next Sunday. I'll be racing 2 races. one on the Bike and one on the quad. I did take a quad out to the track so a bike riding friend could get used to it. he will be racing 2 races as well. All the Bike buddies are ribbing him to no end.

Mike, Not sure what you mean? By the looks of it, the industry can knock you out of your seat with very little reason.

Gonna be mid 90's most of the week.

Did take Brit out for a small ride last night. Did my brain good.

Have a Monday.
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin

Yesterday was good except for the afternoon wind and rain that killed the car show. It was VERY well attended by the public and there were every class of car represented. From rat rods, drivers, show cars, survivors, race, to high end exotics and sports cars. One thing I didn't like was the way some people and their kids disrespected the signs saying 'Look but don't touch'. 'Twas a real gong show. Nice to see that Olds was well represented fro, 1958-2002. Some nice Toronados and A bodies. Sorry, don't know how to set my phone up for cloud service, I'll have to work on that.

Well well well, de city put up no parking signs on the Main Street overnight. Looks like they're stripping old asphalt and resurfacing starting today. Plenty of confused campers scrambling to find alternate parking.

Jim - My condolences to you and Joes missus. Good luck wit de cayenne and weather. Would be a good day here to whack whitey, sept I got too many other things to do.

Clint - Which do you prefer, 2 or 4 wheels, or does it really matter as long as it's fast and fun? Why were they teasing your bud, is he a rookie? Glad to hear Brit still has a way to calm and clear your head.

Mike - I think all us older guys think aging sucks. Hope your tests turn good results.

Jouni - Honest I don't really think it's any different here than anywhere. But for me and my dietary restrictions it was 200ml of yogurt with 2/3 cup of granola, medium tomato, and a nectarine. No coffee or tea except once a week. Not always the same menu, I can change up to toast with peanut butter and 2 cackle berries and 3 pieces of Crispy sow belly once in a while. No steak and eggs with a pile of taters though. Sometimes I feel like I'm starving my tapeworm...

Well today I want to finish painting my SS wheels since that plan took a dump on the weekend.

Enjoy your day.
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

London - It just struck me that you and Jim both chose professions with no chance of built in obsolescence. :d
Old June 19th, 2017, 07:45 AM

Allan, for me the more people are at it the more money I make. We are really busy in the nurseries at the moment. We are totally full and have a long waiting list. In fact when my waiting list gets to 100 I normally put my prices up.

Back to the London fire the revised figure today now stands at 79 dead but more are expected.

Hottest day of the year today around 93f. Everybody is complaining about it. I'm at home waiting for a truck to come and take my Daewoo to the junkyard.

And finally diet news, another 2lb down this weekend taking my total to 22lb.
Old June 19th, 2017, 08:27 AM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2207341427/
Old June 19th, 2017, 08:30 AM

FB GTO link is what is posted above. Would not let me edit w/o getting mucked up.

Last edited by 1969w3155; June 19th, 2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old June 19th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Captain Starfire

Cancelled the bike ride today due to 50% chance of torrents. Oh, well... I guess it's all for the best. It's no wonder I don't put any mileage on these vehicles.

At act of sale, Jamesbo, you have to exhume him, give him a bath, and revere him in the new home. (That's honest to goodness fine print!)

OK, I have a gazillion things I'm going to do before B.H. gets back home tomorrow...

Have anuther dry one, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 19th, 2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old June 19th, 2017, 09:03 AM

I read the mice type John.

Played pretty good for an old fat guy 41/45

Thanks, I'll pass the Goat FB page along. There, I've done my duty
Old June 19th, 2017, 10:16 AM

Evening.

Off from work. For once at normal humans time. Cool.
Only two days work anymore! First we were going to have work from mon to thur,
but thursday changed for wednesdays triple-shift Im all in to get earlier to summer cottage!

That forest-fire at Portugal was pretty devastating too.

Jamesbo - Does 41/45 mean that the track has some forechosen number of swings to complete it to be at "normal" level, and you made it through 4 swings under?

Okay, have a good monday-evening guys.
Old June 19th, 2017, 12:21 PM

Inline, Nope

Par [most of the time] is 36 front side [9 holes] and 36 back side [ nine more holes]
Most golf course have 2 par 3's and 2 pars 5's and 5 par 4's on each side

So par would be 36+ 36= 72, I'm not as good as the pros. My 86 would be lousy for them. They want to shoot under par on every round
Old June 19th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone

Look at me, new computer! And it's a laptop. Very strange working on it, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Now I can pack it up and take it with me.

So it's like I was out of town. Got some catching up to do. Went to Summit tonight, sparse. No Oldsmobiles.

I'm so sore I can hardly move. I wrestled all afternoon with a come along trying to get the blue Suburban up on the trailer. Broke my two old and crappy come alongs and now it is half on and stuck. Guess I'll go get another one tomorrow and finish the job before I head to my Mom's. What a $hitty job. One more month. I get a new trailer with better ramps, and I'll finally mount my 20 year old brand new winch.

Well have a good evening everyone.
Old June 20th, 2017, 04:24 AM

Mawn'in

The weather doesn't seem to be able to make up it's mind today

If it keeps raining [and washing off the pepper] 5 lbs may not be enough

Speaking of spending [read wasting] money in the garden. Allan, about 2000, I rented a ditch witch bought an electric pump dug a trench and laid a few hundred feet of pipe and wire to pump water out of my lake to irrigate the garden. The foot value kept sucking up crud and the sprinkler heads stayed stopped up so after a few years, I abandoned the whole mess and the pump still sits down by the lake in a shed I built

Mike, I think you could use a pump from your lake to wash cars

Hope the grass dries out so i can mow sometime soon

I sure hope this House election gets over soon. It's back to back commercials, They say they're spending over 34 million for a house seat. I'd rather watch dog food commercials that lying politicians

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 20th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Meh, last night around 10 my son said 'here, try some of this root beer' so I did. What he didn't tell me at the time was it was an energy drink. Kept me up past o dark thirty (2:30 am) so I'm not that chipper today. Was awake when it started raining and then poured. Not a chance in heck of sleeping past 7. That's when the jackass next door fires up his tuner and let's the whole hood know he's leaving.

Jim - Dats terrible. It's a shame ya can't built some kind of float for the pump screen to keep the crud out. say whuuut? You Jess find out y'all got lyin polytishuns? Ain't dat an oxymoron, or are dey Jess plain ol moron?

Jouni - There's more words in golf you can learn about, like par, birdie, eagle, bogey, 19 th hole, and dammit. It's a game that some people spend a lot of money to lose their concentration and money on. Worse than an old car hobby IMHO. I have golf clubs that are like Jims pump...

Nice and fresh outside after the rain. I'd have windows open but road construction has started and the noise is a bit much.

Enjoy your day
Old June 20th, 2017, 07:19 AM

Allan, It had a Styrofoam float but the lake fills up with silt all the time [it's in a hole] I got tired of putting on my waders and going out in 4 feet of silt [read mud] to clean the thing
Old June 20th, 2017, 07:26 AM

Iltoo. Olipahan melkonen duunipäivä taasen.
Okay, back to english

Sooo.. Little change of plans; tomorrow Morning at 3am i need to drive 270 miles to worksite, it lasts who knows how long, and then back?

Jamesbo, Allan R - Okay. You see, i dont know anything about golf But ive learned there more than i knew before.

Okay. Rains. Came to home with my working car since i need to leave so early, spared today 30 mins and at Morning 1hr of my time.
Anyways. Im going to sauna now, have a good evening, and hope it stops raining at all of us.
Old June 20th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Last day in my current decade.

I don't know if I've ever said how much I hate rain, but I especially hate it today. Bought a new come along and now to try to finish getting the truck up on the trailer. And of course it's raining like a cow on a flat rock. I'm gonna just have to get wet because I need to leave for Mom's around noon. Doesn't look like I'll make that but I'll give it a try.

Jamesbo how big is the pump you're using? A lot of people around here put the pump in a bucket and set the bucket on the lake bed. Seems to help with the silt. I need to put a pump out in the lake, for various water uses. When I first moved here, my idea was to put in a filtering system and hook the lake water up to the house, thus eliminating the water company. Haven't done that yet.

So, this afternoon it's off to Florida. Hope Tiger does okay this week. Should be a good time, hope I get a lot done. We're having a nice get together on Saturday, my sister, both nieces and families, Mom and I.

Okay rain has let up a little. Wish me luck. The new come along says don't exceed 4K pounds but it doesn't say if that's with the line doubled or not. I just won't stand behind it. Have a good week everyone I'll try to check in here and there.
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni - Good to hear you had a nice sunny bright evening!

Jim - Can't say I blame ya. If ya fell in there you'd be in real trouble. Too bad it's such a silted up pond. I begin to see some of your headaches more clearly. Time for some aspirins.. Ya ever sit on de porch wit a pellet gun to dissuade de poachin varmints? Or is it more a waste of time.
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Mike, This isn't a submerged pump [like a well pump] I sits on dry land and sucks[ or did suck] water about 30' up from the lake then pushed water a few hundred feet up a hill to the garden. Next time I go for a hike, I'll check the h.p.
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Looks like we need to start loadin' the animals on the arc now....

Stay dry, Olds compadres.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 20th, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old June 20th, 2017, 02:14 PM

John

Not sure if this might help with the pigs but I just read [and naturally ran out and bought] OCD critter control in over drive

some cheese cloth, tent pegs, and Irish Spring. Halved the Irish Spring, wrap in cheese cloth attach to tent peg [actually I sawed some old grading stakes into short pointed stakes] and stake in garden.

I've used Irish Spring in my cars for years to keep the critters out. According to what I read,it works in a garden also
Old June 20th, 2017, 02:49 PM

Oh my word, how we need some rain. The heat here is unbearable, I'm sure some of you guys ( not inline, apart from when he's in his sauna) are used to the heat but for us it's not good. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest June day since 1976 at 35C. Some of the classes at my schools have AC but not all.

The kids at my school decided they wanted a pair of rabbits so I've spent the day building a nice hutch and an enclosure for them, boy did I sweat!

Jouni, that's a damn long way to travel to work, at the moment it takes me eight minutes to travel but when we finish the new house it will be 35 minutes and I'm not happy about that.

Jamesbo, Irish spring??
Old June 20th, 2017, 03:19 PM

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AQztit...MJE20tUsoEZPk/
Old June 20th, 2017, 05:42 PM

Good evening folks.

Looks like I'm back into the old routine of being too busy to get on here regularly. Two days into the week and I've put in extra hours each day.

I still haven't adjusted to summer temperatures around here. I've been to 2 car shows so far this season, both of which I've been volunteering at and they have been about the warmest days of the season

On the positive side I've taken the Cutlass to both and as long as I keep the A/C off the engine temp is staying around 200-205!

Finally updated my Cutlass build thread with pics.

Haven't had a chance to get the Mustang to the dealership to get the check engine light looked into yet. The codes I pulled were for "unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum" (3 times) and crankshaft position variation not learned. Tried doing some searching online but no luck with anything I could check myself.

1969w3155 thanks for the Homecoming pics! I've only been once but had a great time. Unfortunately volunteering at the local Father's day show prevents me from attending.

London, hope the temperature cool off for you soon.

John, hope you don't get too wet.

Mike enjoy being that age while you can!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old June 20th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The Close

Elsie has arrived. Nasty nasty nasty. She's spoda catch the midnight train to Gawja I think

London - I don't envy you one bit. Did you catch the weather forecast for the south west USA? Temps there were in the 50° range. There's been warnings out for people not to touch anything metal because it could cause 2nd or 3rd degree burns. I'm so glad Western Canada has these temperate climes.

Paul - Saw those pics of the Cutlass. Can't even tell it's got those lowering springs installed. Hopefully you find the cause of that overheat condition. For the mustang, I wonder if you've got a bad fuel pump. Have you changed the fuel filter yet?

John - Batten down the hatches. Don't worry bout the animals, worry about you.

Jouni - Are you nuts? A 270 MILE trip one way?? Unless you can drive 100 mph all the way I don't see how you have time to work When I drive to Calgary (about 270 KM south, even at 110 km/hr (+/- ) it still takes the better part of 3 hours from city limit to limit. You must have a rocket ship. Drive safe, too close to the wedding now.

Jim - What kind of varmints does that Irish Spring deter?? I have some, and if it deters cats from peeing in the garden I'll try it. I notice that my Irish Spring antiperspirant doesn't attract flies or mosquitoes.

The SSII wheels have received their final coat of paint; I found a color that's as close to the argent I can get. It should be a nice contrast on the car. I'm now giving them till next Tuesday to cure and then Costco gets to install the BFG TA's. Now on to the next thing - working on the Saturn tomorrow.
Old June 21st, 2017, 03:13 AM

Mawn'in

Allan, "Spose" to help with Deer and rabbits, I'll report back. Do you ever use Skin so soft for skeeters

My faith in the voters is restored

candidate A spent 5 million
candidate B spent 50 million and lost

Paul, Did they learn ya in the Army Never volunteer

John, I'll send ya a pirogue. Wait, that's like sending coal to New Castle

Old June 21st, 2017, 04:44 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Hit 98F yesterday a record for the date. gonna be hot again today.

Paul, good to hear from you. I lost my perfect attendance as well.

Allan. I only saw 2 wheels... you are doing all 4 correct?
As far as me, We have raced/rode on 4 wheels for so long we have gotten to the point that we are as good as we are gonna get without pushing the safety line. We still race on 4 wheels mostly to support the others who do. The wife and I are really enjoying the new challenges of 2 wheels. Around here (and in most places) riding a quad makes you a red headed step child. Thats why they tease him. Quads are really looked down upon even when we should stick together against all the greenies that are trying to shut our hobby down.

Have a Humpday all.
Old June 21st, 2017, 07:59 AM
Captain Starfire

As Artee Johnson famously said, "Veddddy interesting!"
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John
Not sure if this might help with the pigs but I just read [and naturally ran out and bought] OCD critter control in over drive
some cheese cloth, tent pegs, and Irish Spring. Halved the Irish Spring, wrap in cheese cloth attach to tent peg [actually I sawed some old grading stakes into short pointed stakes] and stake in garden.
I've used Irish Spring in my cars for years to keep the critters out. According to what I read,it works in a garden also
Having trouble rounding up the pigs for the arc; they must smell the Irish Spring.

Better Half safely home in Ponchatoula.

Stay dry, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 21st, 2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old June 21st, 2017, 08:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Elsie was in such a foul mood last night. In her fit she snapped trees and downed power lines, all the while letting her cow do the flat rock. Prolly nowhere as bad as what was heading for John.

Clint - Yes sir you'd be spot on. All 4 wheels are now painted and curing. I can't believe how much work is involved with that project. Between blasting, sanding, priming, taping and painting I think I have close to 10 hours just to get them ready for the new shoes. I booked an appointment for next Tuesday to have them installed. I also told the tire shop they would need to be careful installing the new valve stems, as I didn't want some careless tire jockey damaging the paint with the stem puller. I'll get you some pics. I went with the argent color to make them SSII. Once the trim goes on they will look even better.

Now I understand about the teasing. I'd prolly take the teasing with a smile cuz my balance isn't what it used to be on 2 wheels. Even 4 wheels on a bad day is better than a good day at work for most.

Jim - Skin so soft? Does it smell anything like Gojo? I don't use hand creams so I can't help with that one. What about sprinkling citronella oil around the perimete? Or you could Jess try yer luck at getting yer archery badge again.. I hope you find de answer. BTW, my sister convinced me to try some grilled okra. I just have to go get some and try it. I wasn't much favoring trying it boiled and slimy.

London - Stay hydrated and stay out of the heat if you can.

Jouni - I guess sometimes you just have to go to the work when it won't come to you. I remember when I was young and long road trips didn't phase me. Be safe.

Cooler and windy today. Winds are pretty constant around 20 mph but gusting to 35. I can take that. I'm sorry some of you are suffering in the heat. I can't begin to imagine how the southwest is handling it. Apparently it's too hot for even the airlines to run the jets
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:01 AM

Good evening guys.
My summer "vacation" started few hours ago. Whopping 4 days!
Ended up driving 480 miles / 9 hours total today, and somewhere between that even working a shy of 5 hours, we did it all without any single stop, well, i drove too without any single stop, just to get for "vacation" quickly

Bee-Oh-Pee - Happy to hear your BH is back safely. Did you get alot of rain? Just quessing from that weather radar

LondonCutlass - Nice! Me want those temps too. I actually am pretty used to high temps, due to my work. Asphalt usually is around ~180c / 356F when its paved, so its pretty hot even near it. But i like that. Thats a summer for me. Bunnies? My fiancee would be all over the Place Btw, my daily commute to work is 1hr per way. Its okay imo. Actually, its like best time of the day, when you can be ALONE whole hour at a time, just by yourself. And i like driving

Allan R - Pics of wheels wanted when theyre cured!

Okay. Tomorrow to summer cottage to spend great weekend with friends.
Have a good wednesday-evening everyone. Im sipping beer if you couldnt quess

Last edited by Inline; June 21st, 2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old June 21st, 2017, 12:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jouni, for you. They won't be cured for about 5 days.

The center caps are NOS bolt on. Still in GM boxes. Not repro ones sold by vendors.
Old June 21st, 2017, 12:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The trim rings and bezels will be swapped from the wheels that are on the car.

Hope this pics will show you what's going on.
Old June 21st, 2017, 01:13 PM

Beautimus, Whilst I'm busy cutting grass why don't cha come down ere an do my 15 " bolt on centers. The PO but a clear coat over them
Old June 21st, 2017, 01:59 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - Those wheels had cc on them too which is why I used my bead blaster to get rid of it. Got right to the base metal, then sanded 3 times and high build primer. They're not perfect but I like the results.

Id be more than happy to do yours if I could tolerate the heat down there. Course I could also sit on de porch wit a mint julep an a pellet gun to ward off varmints whilst y'all does de manwell labor and I soopervize.
Old June 21st, 2017, 02:21 PM

Allan, We Gawga crackers stop using pellet guns about age 3. I'll give ya a 410 and box of shells and a Colorado koolade ya can sit in the shade under a ceiling fan
Old June 21st, 2017, 03:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, ya don't know how tempting dat is... Colorado koolaid? We Jess calls it Coors up here. Fact is I gots a about 18 of em in de fridge downstairs. Ya might wanna stock up on shells though, sometimes I just like ta shoot ta scare
Old June 21st, 2017, 03:25 PM

Still too hot here, 95F but it's supposed to break tomorrow, can't wait.

OMG. My wife has just revealed my birthday present for my big birthday this September, we are of for a week in Dubai staying in the hotel that looks like a sail from a ship then we are flying to Singapore for a week with grandstand tickets next to the start/finish line to the F1 race, what did I ever do to deserve her?

Been laid up today with a dodgy back, I shouldn't have lifted an old oven onto the back of my truck yesterday. I must stop thinking I'm still twenty.
Old June 21st, 2017, 10:08 PM

Allan, the wheels look nice. Repos are available from Fusick & Thorton's. I bought a set last year when Thorton's had them at half price during a Christmas sale, which included the rocket decal in the middle, which usually go for 5-7 bucks apiece themselves. You and the esteemed Mr. Bell are providing a funny dialogue 'bout shooting varmits and sipping potions.
Old June 21st, 2017, 11:30 PM

Good Morning everyone!

Beautiful day out there. Soon heading to summer cottage. Gonna be great.
Went to the doctor today Morning. Estimated time is 1st week of Jan.

Allan R - Those look beautiful! Great job

LondonCutlass - Wow! Wanna swap your wife to younger? That F1 thing at Singapore, wow, truly she knows what man likes!

Have a good humpday everyone!
Old June 22nd, 2017, 04:27 AM
CQR

Inline, congrats on the new arrivals.

London, Sorry to hear of the back troubles,

Have a day.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 05:48 AM

Rain but nothing like John's getting.

I've got this great idear for John to turn lemons into lemonade

John, The tourist pay good money to go see these swimming pigs

Given the weather, maybe ya could try this in the yard