The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2017, 02:40 PM

London,

Let's not forget hood [top], bonnet [hood] and lift [elevator]
Old June 14th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Another beautiful day I saw a lot of. Rain coming tomorrow I hear, I wouldn't mind if it passed us by.

London that's too bad about the high rise fire. I haven't heard about the shooting at a ball game, but here in Georgia two inmates killed a guard and are on the run. I hope whoever catches them aren't too careful.

And speaking of fair dinkum, let me just say that this wasn't Delta, it was SkyWest, a connection carrier, that has exhibited poor performance in the past and less than adequate customer service. Why we keep them around is anybody's guess.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/08...o-trouble.html

Should be interesting at work. Only three of us are going to be there tonight. We will either have an extremely light night, or a heavy one.

John you might as well go for the gusto and take the fenders off. Sure it will open a new can of worms but you'll feel better knowing you found hidden problems and got them taken care of. And you were close, the Lincoln 462 has 340hp and 485lb ft of torque. It's an MEL engine, not related to the 460, which came out mid '68 as a replacement.

Okay time to hit the road. Hope everyone enjoyed Hump Day. Two more to go. Clint it's all down hill from here.

Last edited by slantflat; June 14th, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
Old June 15th, 2017, 04:31 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Didn't get enough sleep last night. took the kid out for her birthday. Went and saw a show by "Puddles Pity Party" It was a lot of fun.
Old June 15th, 2017, 04:32 AM

Mawn'in

Got a little shower during the nite. Just enough to make the grass [and the garden weeds] grow like crazy

Dang, All this Australasian chat has Linda's caboose stuck in my head

London, Condolences to those who lost family and friends in the fire. We [here in Atlanta] had a tragic hotel fire years ago at the Winecoff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winecoff_Hotel_fire

I never trust building that "can't burn" or ships that "can't sink" or any kinda of seasonal ride, tour etc. That "has to go" during a limited time span

I once took a helicopter ride in Alaska in zero visibility.I feel certain they only had so many days of tourist to make X amount of dollars
and took too many risk for the almighty dollar

It's getting dangerous to even play baseball

GTG

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 15th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawning,

Yesterday Elsie came for a visit and really let go. Her cow did the flat rock impression several times. Driving on the henday bypass visibility was only around 150' and vehIcle spray was so bad they were darn near invisible. Good thing i drive with my lights on all the time. So many people with only DRLs forget to turn on their lights in bad weather.

The lunch with my sister went really well. We went to a place called Cajun House. She had crab cakes, I had a fried chicken po boy with N.O gumbo. Food was really good. The restaurant was almost empty, likely due to the weather. It was good to just relax and chat with her, we don't see each other all that often but stay in touch almost daily via phone.

Jim - Yaforgot Boot (trunk) and Repair (sorted) and body shop (panel beaters). Flat is a place to stay, and it's let instead of rented. I can see where confusion could happen pretty easily if not familiar with local vernacular.

John - Looking good sir, that's a lot of work and the pic looks really good. What made you decide to do all that work. Ya might need jims tractor to cut your grass if it's that tall

London - So sorry for that loss of life. There's a lot of discussion on the news about why that happened and the fire safety code enforcement. Apparently that building was also recently renovated. Have you got your aviary back to,full occupancy?

Clint - It only happens once a year. Belated birthday wishes to Tori. Hope she liked the clowns!

Jouni - How are you doing? Still doing those double shifts? If yes, you must be beat. Drive safe bud, no fun commuting those long distances when you're tired.

Well, GTG. The Thursday breakfast bunch awaits.
Old June 15th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow, quiet day here.

Been selling off some of my Cutlass parts. Today I packaged the bumper for it's ride. Sad to see it go but I'm not going to use it and it's got excellent chrome. The new owner is getting a super deal. Shipping is a beach though. Looks like the 1970 Safety Sentinel Speedometer is also spoken for. The Steering wheel is winging its way to FL as I type this. Gotta pay for those new BF Goodrich Radial TA's. I think the horde in the shed will be finding new homes soon.

Have a good evening.
Old June 16th, 2017, 03:16 AM

Mawn'in

Got a little rain last nite

Just enough to wash the cayenne pepper off the garden

Allan, I sure am glad your with us. Clint and John must have writers block

Mike, I saw some hot shot one of a kind Ferd Falcon the other day. That might be one car missing from your stable

GTG put my pepper on my plants so the groundhog won't eat everything

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 16th, 2017, 04:04 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well its Friday. One more day to get thru.

Gonna be hotter today. Not much else goin on. We could use a little rain. The JRT is gonna freak out anyhow, we may as well get some moisture out of the deal.

Have a weekend.
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin, it's finally Friday.

Somewhat on the cool side here starting the day out at 50*. Jouni would get it if I said it was 10*. I'm sure Clint also knows metric especially with all the cars being that way and likely the tech bulletins have X ref values.

Good thing I got the grass cut yesterday because it's Spoda rain in a couple hours, chance of boomers.

Did anyone catch the news in LA? They lit up the sky last night with the bat signal as a tribute to Adam West.

Jim - Too bad ya has TA waste cayenne on de groundhogs. Or is it yer plan that when ya string up the varmints they are already spiced and ready fer de grill? it's so cool that my peppers need hats or they'll fall back. They don't like cool. My kale on the other hand is growing faster than I can keep up with. Might have to open a Kale stand on de front sidewalk. Prolly could make some good coin for a nutritious crop.

Clint - You got a race planned for this weekend, or are you getting something to trick out a quad or bike? Sorry to hear the JRT is going to be in distress with at weather. I know you wrap him in a blanket sometimes. Does it help if the blanket is warm like fresh from the dryer?

London - News is reporting 30 perished in that fire, and expect the count to rise. So sad. It also seems to be sparking (no pun intended) discussion from fire departments everywhere about fire safety standards for high rise buildings. I can't begin to imagine how difficult it is to fight those blazes or deal with the aftermath.

We have someone coming this afternoon to discuss options for a kitchen remodel. It comes down to either a remodel or move, and I don't want to move. Gah, kitchens aren't cheap. Keeping the oak cabinets but everything else is up for discussion. If you thought the car hobby was expensive.......
Old June 16th, 2017, 07:44 AM

Watching my grass grow, as I dropped the lawnmower off three days ago for repairs. The repair shop is backed up, so I won't get it back for another 10-15 days. Not looking good for Homecoming tomorrow, the rain forecast is getting worse.
Old June 16th, 2017, 08:16 AM

Evening.

Finally at home. God im tired. Father-in-law is visiting soon and stays overnight.
Were going to go sauna. Okay- just came to for quick visit- will catch you later.
Old June 16th, 2017, 10:44 AM

Allan,

On your kitchen MAW list put "Instant hot" [water] it's the coolest thing since sliced bread
Old June 16th, 2017, 11:43 AM

Allan, you are correct, it's virtually impossible to fight a fire 24 storeys high. Although the official death toll is now 30 its expected to reach close to 100. The top floors are still not accessible and many of the bodies are so badly burned they may never be identified. So sad for those affected. There is a lot of speculation about the exterior cladding that was recently put on the building.
The trouble is that this was the poorest part of the richest borough in the world and the rich people wanted the building to be more in keeping, hence the cladding. The block housed many immigrants and was mostly social housing.

Allan, my aviary is now about half full, I'm waiting for a few more females.
Talking of kitchens, I have just priced the kitchen in the house I'm building and at the moment it stands at £39750. Ouch.

Inline, take it easy and have a nice break this weekend.

Went to do my MOT (compliance test) on the Alpina today. Passed as expected. Great day for driving with the top down.

London weather, high 70s today and sunny with a few fluffy clouds. This weekend hot, hot, hot. Temps up to 90 and increasing next week.

Last edited by LondonCutlass; June 16th, 2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old June 16th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Dan,
I get you have things to do, but maybe it would be faster to get the mower and do the carb rebuild yourself. By the sounds of it you'll have a rain forest to mow when it gets back. There are plenty of DIY vids that show how the carb is rebuilt on the Toro with Honda engine. Most of the time you don't even need a carb rebuild kit, just need a good cleaning and re-use the old gaskets.

Jim - We just replaced the hot water tank in April. I had the option of going tankless with that hot water on demand system but it was pretty expensive. Also the way my wife squeezes hot water out of the sink I doubt it would werk. For some Gawd unknown reason she will only trickle it out and we both know that for that on demand hot system to work it needs to see a signature for a certain amount of water flow. WTH?? They got sliced bread now???

Jouni - Get some rest and have a great visit! Hopefully the FIL is someone you get along with...
Old June 16th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

London - Sorry I missed ya when I was typing. YIKES!! your kitchen is the equivalent of $67, 150 Canadian. No way I'm spending that much. But then, you're in the process of building so you have a lot of room to wiggle with? Our house is 19 years old and the only wiggle I'm conceding is counter-tops, sinks, lighting and flooring. The missus want's a granite color I think is hideous. Other than those sparks flying I don't give a rip what she chooses for the rest. There's not going to be any re-design of the existing structure so that will help a bit.

Ahhahahaha!! Good one
I'm waiting for a few more females.
Who isn't??

There's a lot of information coming out about that fire. The more it's investigated the more alarming the picture gets. I did see that the building had been recently renovated, but according to the contractor everything was in compliance of code. I don't know if that's minimum code, as it seems that most of the construction takes that approach to save money and earn big profits. Here the ABC (Alberta Building Code) has also recently changed. Things like insulation now have to be R24 in the walls, and R50 in attics etc. While I was out for a walk I stopped by a house that was new construction in the ritzy area and was chatting with a contractor. He was bewailing the cost of materials now that the code has changed and it makes his bidding costs cut into his profit margins. I suggested he subcontract his service to a larger supplier and he got this silly amazed look on his face like he'd never thought of that.
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:06 PM

Jim, talking of rainfall, did you know that Atlanta gets double the annual rainfall that London gets, yet everyone thinks it's always rainy here, strange!

Allan, I forgot to mention, I was actually in Edmonton, UK today what a **** hole, I bet your Edmonton is much nicer than ours.
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Here I am at my good friend the library. We had a hellacious thunderstorm yesterday afternoon and I'm think lightning hit the computer. The power was already out so I'm not sure why it would be affected. Everything else, the microwave, the AC, all the lights, seem unaffected. I do need to go up on the roof to see if any big holes were blown into it.

Tis Friday. This week hasn't been so bad. No idea what tonight will bring but who cares, after tonight I'm off 10. Let them try to touch me.

Jamesbo you've done it now.

Well Clint things must be looking up at your place, we're getting more than two lines out of you. I'm thinking of visiting my friend in Denver in August some time. Is there anything scheduled that would bump me off the planes all day?

Okay Tiger is in the car and there's no shade in the parking lot. I think we will go to Awful house for a bite. We did that last night and I said I didn't want to go there two nights in a row, but Tiger wants to go and, well, he usually gets what he wants. Imagine me with kids.

Alright Happy Friday to you all and I'll try to check in here and there, not sure when I'm getting a new computer, maybe when I get back from my Mom's. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old June 16th, 2017, 01:35 PM

London,

No I didn't know that. but I bet cha have more days of light rain. The same is true for the Northwest coast [of the USA]They get more days but less amount. When it rains here, it pours [kinda like a cow pi$$ing on a flat rock]

Most of the "systems" go west to east. If they are long fronts, the catch John down in the swamp and head this way. Some times we get wet from tropical storms or hurricanes circling round in the Gulf of Mexico

This time of year the rain usually is afternoon/evening and often accompanied with thunder and lightening and the local weather Jacka$$ trying to scare your pants of with Tornado warnings/watches
Old June 16th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Captain Starfire

Got the grass cut finally... had to go super slow and mow twice over a few areas. About 2 hrs on the mower, which ain't really that bad. It was hot as the blazes, tho'. Soaked to the core.

Thanks, Allan. It's tough to really figure out where to stop once you start taking stuff apart on a car this old. Mike, I'm not sure whether I'll do it or not. Partly depends on how good I can get the fenders to look with 'em in place. Prolly not too.... But we'll see. It's just a big liability when the car has an essentially perfect paint job. I think if I did take it down the rest of the way, I'd get my (for hire) buddy over here and do it more or less "professionally," and then get him to put 'em back with me. The hood ain't nuttin' to be messing with by yourself, neither.

Have a great Father's Day weekend, Olds buds.
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:41 PM

Allan, you're probably right about the carb kit, but I usually work six days a week, and on that one day off, I'm trying to get stuff done around the house. It seems I had more time to putter around a few years back, I think working second shift has a lot to do with it.
Old June 17th, 2017, 12:38 AM

Good Morning everybody.

Sunny, and all the way up to 72F today promised. 69F currently.
Again way too much work waiting at home. Whole weekend goes ( again) for completing those. There are few jobs im gonna outsource and pay for Company to do them, since they would take so much time and i would need to anyways hire an lifter, so the cost aint that much higher in reality

LondonCutlass - Sure, driving top down would be cool
That fire has been all over the news here too. Sad thing.. If our house would catch a fire, it would burn down completetely no matter what. Our house is made from wood + floors, roof and walls have been insulated with sawdust. Would be one mighty campfire

Bee-Oh-Pee - Same thing ahead here, cutting grass, its gone wild

Allan R - No time to rest now, last free weekend before wedding.
About father-in-law, we get along really well. We always sit at sauna, drink beer and brandy/rum, and talk whole night. Actually he just left, and we had a great time together again

Waiting for next weekend. Its midsummer celebration then, and friday is free day ( heck, they even pay that friday to us) from work. Were gathering with friends to summer cottage, and having really good time together ( hopefully) with sauna, good food ( mmm those sauced beefs.......) and beer. And hopefully warm and sunny weather!

Okay, have a nice weekend everyone. Im off to work now->
Old June 17th, 2017, 03:54 AM

Mawn'in

Beautimus day to head norte

John,

I removed the "Bonnet" on the Vista when I yanked the engine to paint it. The car had recently been painted so I found 4 very careful gorillas to help. Mark the spot for the hinges with chalk and [please don't ax me how I know this] Don't loose the shims in a pea gravel driveway

Mike, Now I did what?

Finished bush hogging thr horse pasture I rent out yesterday. I was getting pretty ratty looking with bitter weed

GTG

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old June 17th, 2017, 04:38 AM

RAIN
Old June 17th, 2017, 04:52 AM

Jamesbo

As usual, you are 100% correct in saying we have more rainy days, over double what you have just not the amount.

In the garden today, I've got the paddling pool out for the Grandson and he's currently running around stark naked jumping in and out the pool.

Back on my diet this week, lost 20lb in a month so it's going well, currently 255lb so I'd like to lose another 30lb or so. I am 6ft 2 so I'm what's known locally as a big geezer! Not bad for a non drinking vegetarian.

Have a great weekend all
Old June 17th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Man, that's a shame, Dan. Did you take a "rain-check" on the reunion, so to speak? I hate to yell "sour grapes," but all told, it's a good thing I didn't plan on going up to MI this weekend. Better half is still in Peoria and nobody would be here to care for the kitties; and what a bummer it would be to go all the way up there only to be rained upon in a classic convertible.

BTW, they've been saying about 40% rain coverage every day here for a week -- and it was 80-90% the week before that (which we did realize). But the last squirt we had was Wednesday evening. It was in the scorching evening, however, and wound up being barely enough to darken the concrete. Thus, I was able to mow yesterday. (Mind you, some of the crawfish-infested areas of the yard were unmowable; but I was able to get 95% of it.)

Have a great Saturn day, Olds friends!
Old June 17th, 2017, 07:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Yesterday was the start of likely a few more consultations for the kitchen Reno. Nathan was good at listening and making suggestions. Hard to visualize the counters based on the small sample sizes he brought though. The missus is leaning to quartz instead of granite. I'm ok with that because Quartz has some advantages over granite, except for pricing.

Hopefully today will be no rain. It's been rain every day so far. Pretty breezy though. I'm gonna grill poke back ribs for dinner tonight.

Jim - Enjoy. Is Norte mean de mountains? I don't envy ya wit de bush hoggin. I need to invent a hog dat attach to de front of a tractor so all de manual labor is gone.

Dan - I didn't realize your schedule had so many work days. I understand your choice now. Too bad there's not a place that can do the repair sooner.

Jouni - Sounds like you're gonna have a great FIL. How about his missus?? You getting nervous that the big day is arriving pretty quick? It's 10* here but forecast for 19 so we're not too far apart. You get many mosquitos and flies there?

John - That doesn't sound like fun in de swamp. Y'all need an outside shower to cool,off and rinse. The SF will continue to tempt you with MAW opportunities. I understand yoyur comment about the paint, my 72 is the same way and I'm tempted several times to remove the hood. It also needs to be tweaked for alignment a hair to be perfectly square between the fenders. Definitely not a one man job.

London - Congratulations! 20 lbs is a great start. Another 30 is a strong goal. I think you already know it requires a lifestyle change to do it, and maintain it. I've lost 38 lbs in the last year so I can appreciate what you're doing. Sounds like your grandson is having a good day. Wind him up right as a drum and turn him back to his parents at the end of the day?

Enjoy your day.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:21 AM

Evening. Got alot done, off from sauna, BBQ:ing currently with fiancee.

LondonCutlass - Im 5ft 75, and weight 152lb. With all bad drinking and eating habbits. But ive been like that whole my life, no matter what or how much i eat, i just dont gain weight.
Bur yours is going well. Btw, may i ask how vegetarians keep diet?

Allan R - Shes okay too. Not nervous at all. Fiancees different thing..
In my mind, its more her day than mine, so im not nervous about it. Its just all about her, and i hope shes happy after it. Not alot mosquitos where we live, weve harvested trees which they like from our yard. On autumn, theyre still there no matter what you do, but on small amounts only.
After all we got a nice day here, 25c at shade last i checked, been just on shorts outside whole day.

Have a evening everyone.

Last edited by Inline; June 17th, 2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old June 17th, 2017, 02:21 PM

What rain? John, it was raining while I watched the weather radar, nothing but more rain coming in, with a chance of thunderstorms and lightning, at 7:15 am I called my buddy, "it just doesn't look good", and we decided that we would wait until 9:am to see if a front was going to pass. 7:45 am and my buddy calls back and says the he and his son were going to chance it..I said I'll be there in ten minutes. We ran into spray from other cars on the still wet highway, but it didn't rain on us. It threatened with dark clouds and muggy air, but we were good. A good turnout to boot. The downside, I never saw Gene, nor did I see any '59's there at all. Currently sunny at the homestead and 80°.

Last edited by 1969w3155; June 17th, 2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old June 17th, 2017, 03:08 PM

Allan, done as instructed, my Grandson was buzzing by the time he was picked up, rather them than me.

Humidity here is awful, I'm sweating just watching some TV. Tomorrow is supposed to be even worse, 90 in the shade.

Inline, just because you are a veggie it doesn't mean you can't get overweight. I'm cutting out bread, dairy and pasta, basically all the things I love.

Nice drive for a couple of hours in the Cutlass today but too hot with the roof off.
Old June 17th, 2017, 04:44 PM

Homecoming pics. https://goo.gl/photos/sB5tFhELLBxBum2u5
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Saturday close

A good day comes to an end.

Finally got the SS wheels finished sandblasting. First go around was 30 grit glass beads. Second round was 80 grit glass. Finally it was hand sanding with 100, 220, and 240. Build primer sprayed and everything looked great. First coat of black satin on the back sides. Tomorrow I'll do the second coat and if it dries ok, I might push for the front paint. Don't want to rush it though. Temperatures have been absolutely fantastic for paint to dry.

Jouni - You're still young, enjoy the benefits of a good metabolism. For others it's a bit of a chore. I can't speak for others but what I found was that regardless of vegan or not, the balance comes with food choices and portion control. I have the assistance of a registered dietician to aid me with my weight loss. It's part of my cardio treatment and I can tell you it takes a lot of getting used to. Gone are the days of big meals or snack foods. No more deep fried or greasy foods. Sounds stark, but there's a lot of versatility in planning a meal and snacks. The road that Paul and I are on isn't an easy one, but for me it's a necessary one. I want to be around to see my grandkids and wind them up like he did today

London - Good job sir!!

Dan - Thank you for those pictures. There are some really nice cars I was drooling over. I even saw that burgundy 83 Ninety Eight Regency Brougham - I bought one like that right out of the showroom that year! Looks like more cars than you could shake a stick at. I'm going to a car show or two tomorrow but I doubt I'll see more than one or two Oldsmobiles.

Gotta go pick up the boy. He's at a business conference that went really late tonight. Traffic may be light, but there's Gawd awful construction on the way to the conference center. One step forward, two steps back it seems.
Old June 17th, 2017, 10:58 PM

Thanks Allan, encouragement goes a long way. My son is on the diet with me, after studying in California for a year he managed to put on around 45lb! Too many takeaways and no exercise, I say no exercise, he was managing to do the dirty with half of the Hispanic ladies at his uni, that's my boy!
Old June 18th, 2017, 12:31 AM

Good Morning everyone.

LondonCutlass - Okay, didnt come to my mind that you can drop stuff like that off. Too narrow-minded to even think about those, until you sayed it, its obvious

Allan R - Yes i realise thats a big part of it. But nowadays i dont eat that much. Plus, doing alot of yardwork and being in constant move sure goes a long way

Yesterday evening we got an idea to put our tent up to our yard, and sleep there. Just an crazy idea, you know? Anyways, now my back is screaming in pain, and i barely slept at whole night, since my spot happened to be really uneven and hard, but fiancee next to me had level and soft spot, so she slept like a panda. Damn.

Okay, quess what? Yardwork.... Then some BBQ later, and sauna. 3 main ingredients which seems to make my weekends this summer week after week.

Have a good sunday everyone!
Old June 18th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin,

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Jouni - Sorry to hear the camp out wasn't a great sleep for you. Didn't you use some kind of camping mattress under the sleeping bags? Hope your back feels better soon.

London - It's always motivational to have a partner share your regime. 45 lbs is easier to gain than lose. I still have bread and pasta, but limited. I choose medium rye bread and limit my intake to 2 slices a day. Dairy is an excellent source of vitamins and protein, so in moderation. Don't deny yourself some of the good foods. We grill a lot of lean chicken breast, pork tenderloin, steak. Add fish to the menu a couple times a week. Potato and (brown converted) rice I limit to a measured cup. Other veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, celery, carrots, beans, salads etc are great "free" sources of fiber and vitamins. Once in awhile I do get to have a treat but don't overdo it. I find that in hot I tend to eat less.

Jim - Safe travels coming back south

Breakfast of champions awaits.....bahahahahahaha
Old June 18th, 2017, 07:26 AM

Breakfast of champions? Whats that in Canada?
Old June 18th, 2017, 03:02 PM

London,

I can see how ya might have a little ingress/egress problem with a Lotus Elan
Old June 18th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Captain Starfire

Happy Fathers' Day to the OldsmoPappy's!

Glad you made it, Dan -- Too bad you didn't see Gene... I need to call him to be sure he went. Can't imagine he went and you didn't see him or his car, so I'm guessing he decided to bag it at the last minute -- since he had little up-front investment in the trip other than registration.

Great pics; thanks for posting. Love that '65 SF drop-top... I came close to buying one twice, before I finally got the '64. Love the side exhaust tips and those distinctive taillights.

Looks as if some really sweet Oldses were there.... maybe next year for me....

Pretty much been raining all afternoon here. We're supposed to ride motorcycles tomorrow, so I'm hoping the road's all dry by then.

Have a dry one, Olds friends.
Old June 18th, 2017, 07:52 PM
golden rocket

Hope all had a good Fathers Day. Mine was quiet. Kids called and did the HFD, dad thing. had some heavy rain early this AM, ending around 7:30AM. About 1 1/2 fell. yard sure is soggy, lot of clay in the soil.

Any idea as to why the buttons on the HVAC won't stay in, weak springs? or something else. New A/c works good, will be better after I change the heater control valve, been soaking it down with PB Blaster last couple of days, will try to crack it Tuesday, got tests at hospital Monday, will find out results in another week. After just about 7 decades of not taking care of myself it is catching up with me. Oh well!

Have a good week. Mike
Old June 18th, 2017, 09:04 PM

John, I agree on the '65 SF, I love those massive tail lights with the rocket in them, and the side exiting exhaust.
Old June 19th, 2017, 02:35 AM

Mawn'in

Trying to decide if it gonna rain and wash out smacking whitey or not

Great Picks that's for sharing CO?

Do any of you learned folks know a Poncho site as good as CO?

My brother in law just bought a 70 Goat and I'm trying to be nice

I think all my Cayenne pepper washed off, so come sunup, I need to go check out the beans. If they're eaten this is my last garden

John, BTW Thanks, I buried Joe is my friends mom's front yard and low and behold she got a good offer

Have a great week Olds friends