The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2017, 04:24 AM

Mawn'in

Day 3 outside work

Gotta make hay while the sun shines [unless you got lights on your tractor]

Getting a lot done but the garden is too wet to do much and it looks like poop on a white rabbit

Moyock, Yeah it may make ya feel old but it beats the $hit out of the alternative

Got to get cracking, rain may be moving in

Have a great day Olds friends
Old June 2nd, 2017, 06:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Odd night last night. I leaned over on something night before last and cracked my ID. Last night it wouldn't scan and I couldn't even get downstairs in my building(we have to go through airport-style security. Dumb). So I had to go work out of the hangar. I was petrified because they do awful stuff I have no idea about. Well, the lead says, here, go change these two life vest boxes and don't hurry. The boxes were already changed so I just hung around. Then went to see him and he wasn't there. About 2 he said just hang out. I went to help a friend of mine and came back around 330 and the lead said just go home. Not too bad. Got up at our regular time and hit the Awful house, and today I'm going back up to the airport to get a new ID. It expires this month anyway so this saves me a trip later. I ended up taking the night off (again) or I'd get no sleep for work.

Clint I'm not sure what the model is, it's a two door, but with the big 1/4 window. There are cars with a small 1/4 window and also the fastbacks. Not sure why the village would buy a 2 door for a police car, but that's what's in the picture.

Jamesbo I hope I can do some more mowing this afternoon when I get back. I need to run the line trimmer as well but I think I'm out of line and of course two weeks after I bought this trimmer it went obsolete and I can't get a refill. I've tried the wind it yourself method and that didn't work well. Maybe I'll get a goat. Or a Goat, but that one wouldn't do anything for the grass.

Okay time to do something. Have a good Friday everyone.
Old June 2nd, 2017, 07:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning

Yesterday was fun. Overdue with an oil change on the sonata so it was time to get it done. This car has the 3.3 V6 which is quite a nice performer. Oil filter is mounted up top of the intake, like a lot of high end cars. After changing the oil and O rings for the cartridge holder and cap I fired it up to check for leaks. Good to,go until I heard a PoP. A quick glance at the filter cap told the story. The O ring there had somehow popped out and oil was running down the side of the filter housing. First time in 18 oil changes I've ever seen that happen. Took it apart and reseated the O ring and checked again. This time alls good. Glad I checked that before I put the engine shroud back on.

Jim - y'all be puttin de curse ov de cow on me? Wednesday eve de cow Musta had a ulti cuz she whales on us fer a good 30 minutes an y'all can't see more than 100 feet through de sheets ov water. Werms we're booking passage on anything dat would float. Today? Not so bad but her calf is doin its part to keep things wet. Not gonna be able to cut anything today.

Jouni - Canadian weather is fickle. One day it might be 44*, the next it can be upwards of 85. You're metric, so are we. Wed it was 30.2 and today it's scraping the barrel to hit 15. Sounds like your day is starting off well!

Clint - You gonna fixit? I had that same thing happen to my 98 and one of the big dents was in the padded vinyl roof. That repair alone was estiMated at close to a grand. I just pocketed the cash. No one really looks at the roof anyway. Some of that stuff you can do yourself, like the vent covers and shrouds?

Ken - Time is relative. It goes by fast when you don't want it to and drags like cold molasses when ya want it faster. Enjoy what unfolds.

Dang, forgot to take insulin out of the fridge last night. Just quick heating to room temp in a cup of wam water.

The weekend loometh, if dats even a word. Enjoy!
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:48 PM
Captain Starfire

Today's the only day we're not getting soaked; just 20-30% chance; back up to 70-80? again tomorrow thru Tuesday. We're meltin' like the Wicked Witch of the West down here; just don't say that "F-L-O-O-D" word. Gravel road looks like Cambodia in 1970. Might as well let it get as bad as it's gonna' get and fix it next week.

Pic's of the jambalaya forthcoming... I said I got the inner fenders out, but I haven't gotten all of the passenger side done yet. Trying to keep all the little screws & bolts organized: a tall order!

Inline, I assume you found the S/F pic's, right?

Mike, you need to start your own reality show at the airport. It would be as good I'm sure as Highway Thru Hell!

Y'all have a great weekend, Olds friends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; June 2nd, 2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:12 AM

Afternoon all

Sitting by the pool with an ice cold beer, 90 degrees in the shade and not a cloud in the sky. Life is good.

Back to reality tomorrow night. Have a great weekend folks.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

What the heck? Saturday worm? Wow!

After several days of rain it's nice to see the sun. Everything is still soggy but should dry up nicely.

I saw a picture of some of my old co workers and I hardly recognized some of them. It looks like they've aged non too gracefully. On the good side they're still living on the green side.

Pretty quiet Mawnin. Even de birds are still sleeping.

Enjoy your day.

London - there ya are! That's too hot for me but I see you're tackling the heat the right way.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 07:39 AM

Headed to the mountains for my bud's 90th birthday party. I've known him since I was a pup

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old June 3rd, 2017, 08:25 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Went out to the pickup today and it's doing some crazy thing where it acts like the battery is going dead but then after a couple turns of the key it starts right up. Also, sometimes it will start and then not stay running when I let go of the key. I'm thinking bad switch. Very weird.

Might go get a battery today for the new Cutlass, and then take in the junkyard. They are close by each other. Washed the Cruze this morning but don't have any wax.

Jamesbo I emailed your friend but haven't heard back from him. Happy birthday to your friend. Ninety is quite an accomplishment.

Well I guess I'll keep going. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 09:53 AM
Captain Starfire

Waitin' for the deluge. Spose to be a little car show in Hammond today, but I doubt they'll come thru unscathed.

Next time I can cut the grass it's going to look like the Amazon rain forest out there. Grass growin' like science fiction.

Enjoy the party, Jamesbo.

Mike, wax always makes a car look better, but the polyurethanes and clearcoats sure don't need it the way the old acrylic enamels & acrylic laquers did. So you're safe for now! I've waxed my Y2K truck once in 17 yrs, and never waxed the Camry for 212,000 miles and it looked great the day I sold it, except for acne on the front bumper from 7 years of Louisiana bugs.

Y'all have a dry one, Olds friends.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 11:19 AM

Evening.

Off from sauna, off from celebrations of little sisters graduating.

Now quality time = brandy and beer and movie with fiancee.

Bee-Oh-Pee - Yes i found. Really pretty car!! I can take it for free

Just a quick check-inn. Have a good saturday-evening everyone!
Old June 3rd, 2017, 08:29 PM

John my former neighbor has a 2016 Hyundia Santa Fe, and the dealership told him not to wax it, wash only, go figure.
Old June 4th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sunday werm.

AnUtter beautimus Mawnin here. Nice crisp 11* and gentle breeze. Spoda be wet this afternoon. Got the lawns cut yesterday and weeding done. Took the missus to Home Depot to buy some annuals. On the way home, stopped at Northpointe where they had a car show. Some nice stuff, but the one that stood out was a 1967 Dodge Dart GTS with its original 383 4speed. Cream exterior with burgundy interior. Not a survivor, but nicely restored. Not too many made in that configuration.

Jim - Hope de birfday went well. Drive safe.
Old June 4th, 2017, 11:12 AM

Mawn'in

Like a cow on a flat rock

Mike, He doesn't have e-mail or a computer

London, So sorry again. I'm not real sure WTF people are thinking

Guess I sit around and watch stuff floating in the yard

Old June 4th, 2017, 11:38 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

We got some of Jamesbo's rain here this afternoon, but it looks like it's clearing up. But still inside stuff today since everything is a muddy mess.

My brother and his family were on their way back from Tybee Island yesterday so they stopped off and we had lunch. Nice to see them. My nephew is <14 and he's almost 6ft tall. Yikes. We had a nice chat and they got back to the St. Louis area around midnight.

Jamesbo the guy had an email address that I sent my reply to. If he doesn't have a computer how did he send the message in the first place? Do you want me to resend to you and you can show it to him?

John I know GM has superior paint these days, but I want to get ahead of the bugs. If you don't keep the car waxed then the bugs eat into the finish and you can't get that out. I'm not a fan of car bra's, either. I heard of a guy that put a bra on his car and didn't take it off for years. When he finally did the metal was all rusted and the paint was gone. Not sure you could put a bra on a Cruze anyway, it would block the air going into the radiator.

Sun is coming out but it's still thundering. Thankfully Tiger seems unaffected by thunder. By now the other two would have crawled into my pockets.

Awful house was a bust today. I slept late and I thought I timed it so I'd get there before church let out, but the place was packed and the high counter was full. I saw two people leave when I pulled up, so I waited a minute and went in. So this was a full minute later and these people were sitting in the chairs and this dumb woman and her kid stand up and ask the other people, are you sure you don't want to sit at the counter? And just goes right past me to sit at the counter. She just looks at me and I said, well $hit and walked out. So Tiger and I went to Arby's instead.

Well, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Last edited by slantflat; June 4th, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old June 4th, 2017, 02:35 PM

London, sorry for all that's happening in England. Allen, I gotta admit that I like the looks of those GTS'. I'll look through my pics to see if I can find one to post.
Old June 4th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Seems like Jim is sharing de cow with all his friends. She's getting ready to dump here in about an hour. Weather radar suggests we're in the path of the storm where the downpour color is red and orange. Should be interesting. Good thing I got the lawn fertilized

Dan - that would be awesome. My buddy bought a 67 Dart GT with the 273 4bbl. His was dark green with black vinyl top and black interior. He had the exhaust rigged to blow off from the mufflers when he put the boots to it. Sounded mean and went like a scared cheetah.
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:13 AM

Mawn'in

More rain on the way

Not a good day to slosh around smacking whitey

Mike, Good luck playing musical batteries with your fleet. I can't believe they didn't give you a reserved spot at the Aweful House The nerve of them

So what did cha get at Arby's? One of their new pizza sliders

I'd forgotten all about car bras. I'd like to see one [a DDD] on a bug eyed Sprite

GTG

Have a great day olds friends
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Better luck today at the Awful house. Jamesbo I thought that, too. I guess I don't have as much clout as I thought.

Dan you know I'm a closet Mopar fan. Most times my favorites are anything 1968 because I like the little marker lights. Although I wouldn't kick a 62 Imperial out of bed for eating crackers.

Today I need to finish cutting up that Chevy pickup and get rid of it. I really need my trailer. And I'm sick of looking at that truck. So if anyone needs anything small off it you have until this afternoon to let me know. I told Koda he could have the wheels cheep, about a month ago, and still haven't gotten them. Well today is the day.

Hope the rain is done, but it's cloudy this morning and everything is soggy. The sun coming out would do wonders. We'll see.

Have a good day everyone.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:05 AM

Well, I've gone through hundreds of photos in my files, and no GTS, so these will have to do.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday mawnin to y'all,

I had a post all ready to,go,and the iPad decided to go on vacation. Dropped the dang thIng when it restored chrome. Lessee if it works better now.

Jim - de cow came around last nigh about 11 ish. Definitely a flat rock event. She stayed till around 5:00 this am. 2 weeks in a row you dint smacked whitey on Monday? What in de wide world of sports has it come to? Sounds like ya needs to invest in a boat and fishing rod...

Clint - What's the name of the witch who threw ya to the ground? That would be quite the sight. I'm still trying to figure out which headphones aren't tone deaf btw.

Dan - those are some nice pics. The 340 is such a nice power team for the dart. Kind of like that orange color too. Is it the same color as the General Lee?

London - Back to the salt mines? One day me and the missus will head out to Spain or the Canary Islands. Looks like a very popular vacation spot.

Jouni - We started out with 11* here today but it's Spoda get up to blistering 28 or 29 next few days. Guess I won't have to build that sauna. I do,have the basement fridge stocked with cold beers, so feel free to drop by.

Ken - Have you recovered from the trip yet?

Looks like Costco is on the to do list. Gah, that place is horrible. Having to spend too much money to supposedly save money. Oh well, I need propane, gas and some French fries. Everything else is just a hole in my wallet. They do however sell BF Goodrich Radial TAs in 14" though, and the Cutlass does need new shoes.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:57 AM

Good evening everyone. Off from work, off from sauna.
Busy week again, tomorrow day + night, WED is night, THU is night..
Can you believe? Today i got my main CMM back, it was broken for nearly two weeks.. It lasted 2 hours, broke alternator belt and shut down.. ( "dead mans switch"). Closest one ( correct alternator belt) is on Deuschland.. Well, they made custom one, and tomorrow "someone" comes at "some point" to try to fit it.. Cant believe this.. So, today we did work with the same machine as last two weeks.. Almost twice a slower than my main CMM. My machine must be cursed.

Jamesbo - Whats that " cow in the flat rock" thing you guys are repeating?

Allan R - As metric units- we started today at 3c, ended up with 11 and continuous rain... Tho, here aswell it promises tomorrow 19, WED 21..
Maybe once a year >30c.

Okay - good new week for everyone, also for cows on that flat rock
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:02 PM

Mike, You ever run across any ole Farmall cubs garden tractor with off set steering

I 'm getting a hankering for an old one
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:31 PM

Evening all

Damn, I'm tired. Got home at 4am then into work at 7am, to make matters worse I lost my keys somewhere between the hotel and my house. Car, garage, post box and my home keys, very inconvenient.

Thanks to you all for your sentiments regarding the crap that's happening here, pain in the butt but life carries on.

Bit stormy in Londonistan but still warmish.

Allan, you would love Espana, great vacation place.
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The Close

London - Bummer to lose the keys. Do you have a keyfind option on them? I can appreciate how unsettling it is for that to happen. Hopefully they turn up somewhere, as long as they aren't accompanied by a burgler. I have heard that Spain and Canary Islands are killer vacation spots. If we head there I'll be sure to pick a time when it's not a blazing 90° in the shade. I don't think I could drink that much cold beer BTW, now that I know Inline is Jouni, do you mind me asking what your first name is?

Jim - Have you checked out the Ferris zero turn line of lawn tractors? They're spoda have a nicer suspension and plenty of cutting power. How come you need offset steering? Would be nice to have an attachment on the front of the tractor to do weed whacking....

Jouni - Cool. Like frigid. But honestly I don't mind the cold. I love the cold weather in the winter. One of my passions is Curling. I skip in 3 leagues and play 3rd in another. On top of that I practice a couple hours a week to keep my skills in line. LOL, couldn't resist doing that... BTW, when we talk about de cow on a flat rock? It means the rain is coming down in buckets much like if you watched a cow take a **** on a flat rock... now you're up to speed. I know, a picture you will always remember next time you look at a cow..

John - Hows the SF project coming along? I need to put my inner fender liners back in, but first a cleanup. Lucky I can use a black plastic paint on them after scuffing them a bit first. Oh, I agree with you about the BC/CC not really needing to be much more than washed. But on the other hand, when it's polished the water beads off so much better, and the car goes faster cuz it's so smooth and less draggy...
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:37 PM

Morning.

Late start for work, we go when our nr.1 dinner Place opens to eat and start a day with that

Allan R - Thanks for that image - and for explanation. I wash my DD only when fiancee is loaning it and insist i clean it so she dont need to shame dirty car

Happy tuesday for everyone.
Old June 6th, 2017, 04:18 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, I don't have a name for her yet.

The JRT is having serious anxiety issues come night time. Gonna be a long thunder season.

Have a day.
Old June 6th, 2017, 04:25 AM

Mawn'in

Spose to have more rain today

Allan, I got a Exmark zero turn mower that I'm very happy with Cut's like a Ferrari in the turns [and the parts are about the same price}

Remember my comment on FB about spending a few thousand dollars to grow 30 bucks worth of veggies? Ya need [or better I want] off set steering so you can see better cultivating between rows. The Farmall cub is a very old tractor designed to put all the implements under the tractor instead of pull behind. So you riding over the rows. It can plant seed, fertilize, cultivate and they even have a belly mower attachment [which I don't need or want]

London, sorry about the keys The hotel won't help ya out?

Mike, I hope all those new comers don"t make it a habit and ruin your morning at the Aweful House

Inline, it's d-day today, I've told everyone one else a thousand times so it's your turn. I had an uncle that went ashore on the 1st wave, great guy, loved to kid around, loved to play golf etc. Only He would never go back to any beach ever no Florida nothing, I guess surf and sand reminded him of June 6

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old June 6th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Toosday kind of Mawnin to y'all.

Didn't sleep well last night for no good reason I can think of. I'm missing the best part of the morning.... Still waiting for hummingbirds to show up at my feeder. I have no idea how to attract them other than flowers and sweet nectar. Hmmm, not zactly like I want to date the lil rascals.

Clint - Thanks. I didn't think of that. Wish it was easier. Oh well, that makes it easier to replace the filter at the same time. I thought the JRT had solved that problem earlier this year??

Jouni - Lucky me, I don't have to loan out my car but I keep it clean anyway.

Jim - You can tell that story till forever and it will still be appreciated. One of my buds father was also on the beach on D-Day. He would never talk about it and refused to watch war movies, especially ones like Saving Private Ryan where the graphics of that horrible day were really emphasized. I'm very grateful and appreciative of all those who fought for our freedoms. I'm saddened by their loss, and also by others who seem to take that freedom for granted.

Ah, now I understand about the offset. Do they ev,en make a tractor like that?

London - Londonistan??? Lol, that's funny!!

I guess the meds have almost had time to kick in. Plan today is to power wash the deck and maybe start refinish a few deck chairs. Yesterday at Costco I checked on some new dance shoes for the Cutlass. 225/70/14 BF Goodrich Radial TA set of 4 will run $555.00 mount, balance and tax in. Only on sale till tomorrow so I gotta make a decision.

Enjoy your day.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Afternoon all

Had to pop into central London today and I came face to face with the police armed with semi automatics, WTH never thought I would live to see the day when I saw that.

Allan. The name is Paul, but I've gotten used to being called London and I wear my name with pride!

Inline, are you slowly getting used to the strange sayings they have over their side of the pond. I'm glad you asked because I didn't have a clue either.

Heard today that the terrorists from last week actually lived about 20 minutes from me. Getting a bit too close for comfort.

Another stormy windy day today.
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:55 PM

Old June 6th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah, tis Monday for me. Been raining most of the weekend. Didn't get a lot done around here, but I did pick up a new to me 66 Corvair that I couldn't pass up.

Jamesbo I don't know why those people were laughing at the cow. Not something I found particularly funny. The camera operator should have closed in on the rock.

London I hate that all that is so close to you. What does the Queen have to say about all of it?

Didn't get that truck taken care of, but it's definitely on the short list, because I realized the cost of renting a trailer every time I need one has surpassed what I will get for the parts I'm waiting to take off. I'm not the brightest sometimes.

Okay out with Tiger then up to work. Hope my new ID works, I'd hate to have to go to the hangar again. I don't think my luck of doing whatever I want all night would hold out. Have a good night everyone.
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

An here I thought I had given a good description. Jim, y'all know how hard it is to un see dat? My eyes are ruined fer de rest uv de week....
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:51 PM

Allan,

" One picture..................."
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:20 PM

Mike. The Queen is a bit like this forum, she doesn't talk about politics, that's what our Prime Minister is for. I'm listening to the breakfast news at the moment and they just announced that they have arrested someone from a town called Ilford which is even closer to me, about 4 miles. The news is all politics at the moment and focused on security, this is because we have an election on Thursday, hopefully our current leader will win with a much bigger majority, she's the only one with ***** big enough to tackle the problems we have.

Had a huge amount of rain yesterday and my basement flooded, which wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have my boiler down there, so no hot water today till I get it fixed, I'm using a hair dryer to dry the electrics!

Bit brighter today and hopefully dry around 70
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:08 AM

Mawn'in

Spose not to rain but the wind is blowing outa the south

London, IMHO the last thing we want is for the $hit to become "normal"

Allan, Happy Berfday dude

John, As they say in The big Easy "where ya at?"

Clint, How's the new help working out?

A gear head highschool buddy of mine posted a pic on FB yesterday of an MGB with a Rover engine in it, Pretty cool from Morris Garage

GTG to the big city today

Old June 7th, 2017, 04:21 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Happy Bday!. The JRT was completely unphased during the first t-storm of the year. Didn't bat an eye. And now the fear has returned with a vengeance. Worse now than ever before. I was up again last night trying to calm him down that he didn't hurt himself.

Jamesbo, He's a really good kid. Brought up very well. He's always on time(Early actually) and tries everyday. I'm throwing stuff at him that he's never done and altho he's slow, it does get done and so far I haven't seen anything come back that I can pin on him.

Have a Humpday all.
Old June 7th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik check-in... things might actually start to dry out today.... so it'll take about a week before I can cut the rainforest.

Better half if back w/ Mom in Peoria. We're still all hopin' for the best. She's still in rehab.

Sorry for all the crap, London. I know you're used to it, but that doesn't make it pleasant -- especially for the deceased & their families. Nobody ever thinks it could happen to them, and maybe that's a good thing.

Clint, tickled pink to hear of the "new guy." Now if you can just keep him once he's broken in. Sorry to hear of the JRT, however. I know Mike can relate, and so can I. The two I've had who get zany under those circumstances never seemed as if they were going to injure themselves. They just acted petrified. And we have one zany cat that does the same thing.

Jamesbo, a girl may work from sun to sun, but a fella's work is never done. ;-) And I think I missed your birthday recently, huh? So I belatedly hope it were a good one. Did y'all go anywhere special?

Happy B'Day, Allan!

Sorry to hear of the "new" Corvair, Mike. Lord love a duck.

S/F project moving, albeit slowly. I'm amazed at the intricacy of all the baffles, panels, & sheet metal involved in those fenders, rad. support, and grill & headlight buckets. There must me 100 fasteners on each side. In all honestly, the big fenders might still actually come off. I know I won't be truly happy until they do. But the GS is like child's play compared to this old baby.

Inline, sounds as if you're keeping out of mischief over in the North Atlantic.

Dan, you going to the Reunion on the 17th? One of Gene's "sitters" is driving his '59 Super drop-top down with him. Really unfeasible for me to make it this year with everything else going on. Gene's driving again, however, which should make every other driver in N. Mich EXTREMELY concerned. People make selfish decisions when it comes to their own independence. He was pretty shaky 2 yrs ago, before he had his operations. He's 89 now, and really should not be behind ANY wheel unless it's a
. I had one when I was about 5 and I drove the pants off that thing!

Y'all have a great Humpity, Olds friends.
Old June 7th, 2017, 07:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy humpday to y'all.

Thank you for the BD wishes! I feel like a survivor today, I've passed the benchmark set by my dad, grand dad and great grand dad. They all put in zactly 6 decades making this earth a better place.

Yesterday I got the deck pressure washed. Can't believe how long it took to do that. Now I just have to sand it down before laying down some fresh stain. Yard is all trimmed and mowed. Maybe I shouldn't have fertilized the grass, it seems to need cutting every 3-4 days now.

Clint - I wish I had an answer to the thunder problem, but fact is sometimes those boomers scare the heck outta me too. I'm glad to hear the helper appears to be working out. Seems like they're few and far between in that category.

London - Well, since you're prideful of that name why change things ? Dang that's unfortunate to have that flooding. I'm guessing your house doesn't have a weeping tile and sump pump setup? Hopefully you can get everything back to normal soon. I just replaced our sump pump in April. It was 18 years old cast iron job. When it came out it looked like it had gone down with the titanic. I was surprised it lasted so long given its condition.

Funny about your PM comment. Ours seems to have brass ones but only about about creating a huge national debt. K, that's it cuz we're bordering politics which is off limits here. Hope the election turns out the way you want.

John - I can't imagine the complexity of the SF fender liners. Although I think you're headed in the right direction to get them out. Likely pulling the front clip will give you the best option. The skeeters down there must be horrendous with all the moisture and tall grass.

Jim - Watch out for those kamikaze drivers. Safe travels, I know how much y'all loves going to de big city. How's red dog?

Gonna be a hot one today so I guess the AC will get some workout time. Since we installed the new HE 2 stage variable speed modulating furnace the inside temps have been so easy to keep constant. I also installed a Honeywell wifi smart tstat which lets me adjust the house temp from my phone from anywhere in the world. How cool is that?

Enjoy your day everyone.
Old June 7th, 2017, 07:32 AM

I think that this terrorism needs to be put into perspective. Even with all the events recently you are six times more likely to die from a firearm in California than in the whole of the UK. However, saying that, things have taken another turn today in the small town I live in. A nursery school worker was slashed by three Muslims shouting the Koran at her. All our schools have been on lockdown all day.

Anyway, happier news Happy Birthday Allan, 21 again (plus tax)

Nice warm day today and no rain.
Old June 7th, 2017, 08:02 AM

Happy B-Day Allan, ya guffer, welcome to the 60 an' older club! John, yep I still plan on going, I'll look for the '59 when I'm there, hopefully I'll get a couple of pics to post. London, unfortunately you are right on the gun deaths here, getting way to commonplace.