The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2017, 02:54 AM

Slantflat, I have a similar soft spot for 63/64 F85's. My Grandpa drove a red 4 door for many years while I was growing up. The one memory that sticks in my mind is driving up to the river house and listening to the Doors, Riders on the Storm. So, that would put it around 1968.

Looks like rain is forecast for the next 5 or 6 days and more comfortable temps.

Morning all!
Old May 21st, 2017, 04:31 AM

Like a cow on a flat rock in the hills

I've got a soft spot in my heart for Buick Deuce and a quarters from the mid to late 60's Mom always drove one but I won't go into the detail of why I love them

A friend of mine's grandfather Drove a Citreon back in the 50's Course he wore a beret too.

Easily the most eccentric man I've ever know [and one of the smartest]

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 21st, 2017, 07:08 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rained most of the night but just cloudy this morning. Just got back from the Awful house and it was misting on that side of town.

Now that everything is a muddy mess it will be inside stuff today. This afternoon it's off to the theater for Smokey and the Bandit. Man I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a movie in the theater.

Wish I knew someone in Milwaukee, or someone with an otherwise empty trailer headed here from there. Also need to know someone in California.

Okay gotta do something. Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 01:58 AM

Mawn'in

Trying to figger out if it's gonna rain or not but it's too dark to tell

Well Mike, How was it? and how many times ya seen it??

John, WTH were they thinking?

Old May 22nd, 2017, 05:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Ready to see how he does for week 2 .

Have a day.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 08:07 AM

Jamesbo, yep them big cars had a use. My second car was a '68 Delta Custom 2dr., and of course I took my girlfriend to the drive-in to see Magnum Force, her parents quizzed me on the movie to see if we really "watched it", no we didn't, but what they didn't know is that I had already seen it.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 09:21 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

The movie was fantastic. Not many people in the theater. Saw a few things I hadn't noticed before. I wish I could go see it again, but it's only on tomorrow and I'm working.

Clint if you're even looking forward to week 2 you've crossed a major hurdle.

I was all set to up to the airport and get my ID renewed and walked out of the house without said ID. So I ran a couple errands and came home, and I'll head up there in a little while. It's raining so I don't have a lot of other stuff to do, might as well stand in line. I didn't want to come home and leave again and get Tiger all agitated. He has to go in his room if I'm gonna be gone more than a couple hours and he doesn't like that.

Doesn't look like Summit will be having the cruise in tonight. Might have to run up and get some pizza.

Have a good Monday everyone.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 09:56 AM

Good evening- was a short day at work. Just 11 hours. Cant complain, once in a while its nice to have some spare time..

..To take few beers

CQR - How did the work go?

1969w3155 - You sneaky....!!

Okay, have a good new week everyone!
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, yep them big cars had a use.
Yeah, I know what I wanted when I was a kid and it wasn't an I pad or an X box

Matter of fact still do
Old May 23rd, 2017, 04:27 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Well Now I have 2 employees.
One kid has been coming in and cleaning/organizing for a few hours each week after school. now he's all graduated and needs more hours. so well see.

Mike, Don't go overboard. Not like I'm looking forward to the work week, just one of those inevitable's.

Have a Tuesday.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 05:59 AM

Mawn'in

Misting they say for a few days

Played pretty good yesterday 43/44 for an ole fat guy

Clint, I'm now on the hunt for some help too
I could weed whack under white fences all day every day and I'm tired of it

Well, the historic people are spose to come today and get my approval for the new sign that they wanta put up in front of my house

I just want to make sure it doesn't block the view when entering the street from my drive. I'd hate to have a cross and flowers [for me] under the sign

Have a Great day olds friends
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:11 AM

Good evening.

God im tired. This is unreal.. Today, our cmm broke down, we got another.. Got one job done, another we couldnt do.. Back to jobside #1 where my own cmm broke down, and continued that.. This time it we didnt broke anything, but from reasons we couldnt affect, that jobside got all fubard....

Then, just 1 min ago my supervisor called, and asked me to check one paper i had signed, where foreing Company drove our "waste". He came just when i was working, and i just signed. F*** him, i didnt have time to check everything he had writed, and he apparently tried to lie 3 hours worth of work he didnt do!!!!
Didnt even came to my mind someone would try to cheat that much.....
Im at really bad hand now. Damn, im sure i look like 50 when im 30 if this continues this way

Jamesbo - How much you pay for wheed wacking? Im all ears

Okay, good tuesday for you guys - for me its time to sleep
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:23 AM
CQR

Inline, What is a cmm?
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:52 AM

Evening all.

Another day, another terrorist bomb.

I took my car for its annual test today. It failed on a front offside CV gaitor that's split. There lies the problem. Am I right in thinking that the 68 doesn't have them and has a live rear axle?
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Inline
Jamesbo - How much you pay for wheed wack
I'm afraid the compute would be rather difficult
Old May 23rd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain and gloomy the past few days and this afternoon the sun is out and not a cloud in the sky. Hope it keeps up. I'm tired of rain again.

London I'd say the inspector was looking for a hand out. No, I don't believe your car has CV joints or boots. Now, I have seen on occasion little accordion boots that go over where the parking brake cable goes into the backing plate.

Jamesbo what's the sign going to say?

Two employees Clint? You're going to have to expand. How are you doing with the No Parking signs these days?

Got up to the airport yesterday afternoon and got my paperwork filed. Now I have to wait for an email so I can go back to that same office and then go get my ID. The city certainly knows how to waste people's time. But it keeps people employed, who I would guess would be otherwise unemployable. Sheesh.

Tonight is my Monday. I just have this feeling it's going to be a long week. I hope things go smoothly. Gotta stop and put gas in the car on the way in tonight, otherwise I'll be walking.

Okay have a good evening everyone.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by LondonCutlass
It failed on a front offside CV gaitor that's split. There lies the problem. Am I right in thinking that the 68 doesn't have them and has a live rear axle?
Hi Paul, I can only assume the tester has worded something wrong or has his terminology wrong or was looking at something else.
This is a CV gaitor on a modern style driveshaft:
https://www.proxyparts.com/upload/pa...83/large/0.jpg
And this is what your car roughly has for a rear axle, everything inside a solid casing, no CV gaitors needed as no flexable joints:
http://scandc.com/new/node/529

I can only assume he means on of the ball joint rubber boots that are found on the front suspension and steering joints but these are called dust boots, just need to find out exactly what he has failed it on.
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:07 PM

Good Morning everyone.

Night-shift today. We have an option to do tomorrows work after it if we wish / can stay up, so weekend just may start on tomorrow Morning! Im all in for 4-day weekend.

CQR - CMM = Cold Milling Machine

Jamesbo - I feel that warm dish twice a day and roof over my head would be enough currently

Okay, good wednesday for everyone!
Old May 24th, 2017, 01:23 AM

Thanks Chris,

I'm going to go back to the test station today, I will let you know what they say.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:38 AM

Paul, if possible take the car and get him to put it up on the ramp so you can take a photo of the part or at least see it for yourself so you know what it looks like.
Old May 24th, 2017, 02:46 AM

m

More rain and the grass keeps growing

London, So sorry about the tragic news on your side of the pond.

No, I don't believe you've got any CV bootsI hope your government workers aren't like ours

Miike, The sign just has my name and the name of the guy that built the house in 1896 with a little about how many kids he had and 3 boys serving in WW II
and how I turned the old farm into a green cemetery I'll post a pic when it gets placed

I'm getting concerned about John and his BH's mom

Old May 24th, 2017, 04:38 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Mike, It amazes me all of the well dressed people driving nice newer cars than I who can't read. Concert season is well underway and some bands draw more intelligent followers than others.

Inline, gotcha.

Have a Wednesday all.
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:22 AM

Problem sorted.
I went back to the testing station today and I put the fail sheet back in his hand and said 'can you spot the deliberate mistake'. After looking for several moment he said ' your car doesn't have CV joints, what's going on here?
It turned out that when he had his head under my hood he told his colleague to order a CV gaitor for the van over there and the colleague misheard him and thought that he was talking about my car. Needless to say they were both very sheepish about it and apologised to me, lucky I know them both for a number of years so we just laughed it off.

Got the Alpina started today and took it to get washed, I'd forgotten how much fun that car is especially with the roof down and the sun shining.

London weather today, hot and humid 80f and getting warmer with 90f expected this weekend.
Old May 24th, 2017, 08:33 AM

The Alpina
Old May 24th, 2017, 12:29 PM

Haha yeah that did leave me a little confused at what they had failed it on. Glad it's sorted! Shall hopefully speak soon about future projects.
Old May 24th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

London how funny. Glad everything is good now. The Alpina sure is pretty. Not sure what we'd call that over here.

Jamesbo so much for keeping a low profile. I often think I'd like to have my name plastered all over the front of my house. Who takes care of the sign?

Clint, wealth and intelligence are not always synonymous.

So tonight starts AMT day at work. One year instead of getting a raise, we got our name changed from "mechanic" to "Aircraft Maintenance Technician." And then they wondered why we didn't like it. Anyway, Charles Taylor was the Wright Brothers' mechanic, and today is his birthday. He is regarded as the first ever airplane mechanic. So we'll have some mediocre food catered in(enough for about 10,000), we'll get some tool as a gift, which in the years past has been pretty good, there will be vendors set up trying to sell us stuff, a few games and whatnot, it's usually a pretty good time. The company spends a decent amount on the whole thing.

Okay out with Tiger and then headed north. But not by Northwest. Hope everyone enjoyed Hump Day.
Old May 25th, 2017, 01:30 AM

Good Morning.

Its weekend for me now. Next time to work at monday night possible?
Humpday night was horrible. I could do bad things to that supervisor................
And now i know im not alone with my thoughts, there were other workers from our Company for another reason, not doing the job i do, and they asked me how on hell you can stand that behaviour?? Cause i have to...

Hmm. Alot of yard-work ahead. Weekend will fly with all the jobs i bet.

LondonCutlass - Good you got it sorted out. Forgot to comment, but i was wondering too about what on earth they meant with CV joint..
Nice Alpina. Atleast in Finland Alpinas are really rare. Even more if they happen to be converts.

Okay, good thursday for everyone.
Old May 25th, 2017, 03:23 AM

Mawn'in

Still wet

Mike, The city maintains the sign. I think it's kinda cool to preserve a little piece of what's left on the orb

Folks, Just to show you I'm not completely crazy and my constant preaching about the rip off of some funeral homes Guess what, https://www.funeralocity.com/

Type in your zip code and see for yourself how prices vary

I knew it was coming, people are getting tired of burying $$$$$

end of sermon

Old May 25th, 2017, 03:33 AM

Jamesbo, the funeralocity service hasn't made to our corner of North Carolina yet. But I understand, costs are getting ridiculous!

Marrying off our oldest Daughter this weekend, 4 married and none to go! Now it's a matter of handling the Grand babies! The more the merrier they tell me!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Old May 25th, 2017, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, no data for jefferson county yet either. there was a blurb somewhere I saw about a natural burial here close to me tho.
Here it is. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...nd-in-colorado

Moyock13 Congrats! Hope Its happily ever after.

London, Glad they got it all sorted out on the inspection.

Hit 80F yesterday it dried out enough to mow last night which is good because April showers are forecast into the weekend.

Have a Thursday.
Old May 25th, 2017, 08:18 AM

Afternoon all,

Stunning day in London, highs of 86 and sunny all day, and I'm stuck indoors with a migraine!

Inline, the Alpina is rare here too, all cars are individually numbered and mine is 345, but only a handful are soft tops, mine is 14 years old and I bought it brand new for my wife and its only done about 28k miles and less then 1000 in the past six years since the wife decided I was to be her chauffeur.

Jamesbo. I'm shocked at the price to die, I've never had to look into prices for that but I told the wife to bag me up and put me by the doorstep on a Monday morning when the refuse collectors come! Either that or donate me to medical research.

My poor dog is fading fast and is struggling to do anything. He's got so skinny all his bones are showing I've got a feeling that soon I will have to make a decision regarding his quality of life, not sure if I'm ready for that day.
Old May 25th, 2017, 08:37 AM

Jamesbo, quote: "they are not in my area yet", is the message I got when I entered my zip. London, it sucks putting a pet down, I made the appointment last week for my 13 year old cat that I inherited from my mother when she passed, unforutnately he didn't make it. Buried him in the back yard.
Old May 25th, 2017, 09:02 AM

Off from sauna.

LondonCutlass - Sorry to hear that about your dog
Hard decisions..
Old May 25th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Cooler today with a bit of a breeze. And sunny. Hope the rain stays away.

AMT Day was a good time. They had Mexican food, which was not terrific, vendors set up selling everything from motorcycles to screwdrivers, and the gift was a pliers set from Gearwrench.

London I hate to hear this about your dog. I've been on the decision making end of this three times, and it ain't fun. You'll both know when the time is right.

Jamesbo it looks like you need to open up Milton Fields South. Some of the places by me don't offer the discounted price. Pretty soon we'll be able to buy our funerals on Amazon.

Okay night 3. No party for us tonight, just business as usual. Have a good night everyone.
Old May 25th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi guys, been awhile.

I see there's some new members and still a lot of the old crowd.

Jim??? I think you mean commute? Or if yer math is bad, mebbe you did mean compute...
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'm afraid the compute would be rather difficult
One more day and the Memorial Day weekend is upon you. We had our long weekend this past Monday. It wasn't a good day for anyone to go whack whitey.

Anywho, just stopped by to say hello. Not going to read the past 100 pages I missed.
Old May 26th, 2017, 03:52 AM

Mawn'in

Blue bird day down ere

John Where forth arth thou?

London, So sorry about your pooch

Well, well looky here there's my ole pal Allan Just in time to correct my spelling

We are [or at least I am] in dire need of a spelling ****

Ok for those that can't link up to funeralosity just remember this one thing.

If it says "Dignity" on the funeral home it's corporately owned [like 5000 funeral homes and cemeteries in the US] and it's the most expensive
Mowed and mowed and weed whacked and weed whacked and can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel

GTGet back at it today and finish up

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old May 26th, 2017, 04:36 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike we got just shy of 1/2" of rain last night(thats pretty good for us) I hope it missed Morrison. I need to move mom's house to her backyard this weekend and Its been postponed a few times now due to it being too wet back there.

Jamesbo, It's a shame we are letting large corps run our lives (and afterlives for that matter)

London, sorry to hear about your failing pup. I don't envy you there.

Have a weekend all.
Old May 26th, 2017, 04:55 AM

Good day.

Done alot of yardwork today. Soon to go get fiancee from work.
Then food.

Allan R - We wrote this everything just for you, and now youre not even gonna read it?

Have a friday everyone.
Old May 26th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Finally made it, Friday. Got my stuff together to take to my Mom's. Now to just endure one more night of work and take Tiger to jail and I'll be on the way.

Beautiful out. Had to go see the credit union so I took Tiger with me and then we stopped at Awful house. I tell you what, traffic is a bear around here in the evening. No wonder I don't usually go out before work.

Okay have a good night everyone and a safe long weekend.
Old May 26th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Captain Starfire

Hey, gang... glad everybody survived (and apparently nicely, I might add) without me this week... Was indisposed for last week.... no big emergency or anything. Will catch up soon.

One thing's for certain: I'll be glued to the TV Sunday morning -- the best Sunday of the year! I've been so out of touch with everything lately that I have no idea who's even in the race, much less on the pole.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, all (or at least to whom it may apply).