The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:10 AM

I guess Sandy is uploading pics of peaches.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Maybe ^^

This shows you how hot it is outside...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7rXE9vhNY&sns=fb
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Good day all

I have to pay attention to the better half today, its our 44th anniversary, hard to believe its been that long sense I owned my 66 hemi Charger, whoops I meant since I married my wonderful bride. Man that 66 was fast.

The pulled pork sounds great Jamsbo

Talk to you all later
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo.... you hit the nail on the head, lol! That's what I was doing. Only 1 pic though!

Scot..... I thank you soooooo much!!!! The peaches were there when I got home. They put the box in a plastic bag so it wouldn't get rained on. They were all still wrapped nicely and didn't look as if they moved at all! Great job!

They are beautiful! I've never seen such BIG peaches, lol!! They're the size of Tennis ***** and bigger. I swear one is baseball size! And they smell soooooooooo good!! I didn't see any bruises or anything on them. I have them on the counter so they ripen more. They are gorgeous and I'm really gonna enjoy them! I told Larry I'd even share with him, lol!! Thanks again!

Well we have a rainy morning out here and the humidity is awful. I didn't go to Stow last night. We had another round of storms come through about 5:30. Larry said they didn't have any rain at the shop, which is in Stow. So I imagine the cruise went on without us. Teepo was sad.

Citcapp.... Happy Anniversary! That sure is a long time, lol!! It's a great thing.

Well have a great day all!

Attachment 181148
Old July 29th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Happy anniversary Pat.

Sandy,

De peaches look good, glad ya got them................. cause you woulda starved on your cherry tomato crop
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo..... I've been eatin my little maters as fast as I can pick them, lol! I love those things! Gave some to Jean and Lin the other night, and am bringing them into work so the guys can have some too. They all seem to be getting ripe all at once here lately! Don't them peaches look delicious????? I can't wait to eat one, lol!
Old July 29th, 2011, 10:55 AM

Ere's a cherry mater recipe dats yummy

http://busycooks.about.com/od/appeti...aconstftom.htm
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Those look good Jamesbo. I eat em too fast to stuff them, though.

Hey.... where'd Scot go today??
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Hey.... where'd Scot go today??
He's out steal'in peaches and bubble wrap so he can sell dem and ship dem to rich Yankees.

They're peaches all over de place down whar he is.

Ya can smell em from your car on I-75 when ya roll down de winder. Even if you're behind a semi haul'in hogs.
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

You're funny today Jamesbo, lol!!!
Old July 29th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Sandy,

Ya see people who live near I-75 makes a good liv'in pray'in on Yankees headed fer Florida.

We ya stop to buy gas, an RC cola and a moon pie, de poke holes in your tires so ya gotta buy a new one.

While they're chang'in your tire, de kids get hungry, so ya gotta eat dinner[thats lunch to you foreigners]. So dat mo money fer dem.

Den de kids gotta go to de reptile farm. There's more bucks spent.

And course ya gotta take home a bushel basket of peaches, sum peanut brittle, and sum Jam.

By dat time, de done loosen one of your shocks, so when ya get back on I-75 ya gotta stop at thar brother's service station at de next exit and start de process all over.

We down ere in Gawga done figgered out how to clean ya out before de folks in Chattanoogie gets a chance at cha.
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Cutlass Lover

Remind me to stay out of Gawga, lol!!!!
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:46 PM

Sandy,

Maybe if you're nice Jamsbo will send you some of dem boiled peanuts.
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Sandy,

Maybe if you're nice Jamsbo will send you some of dem boiled peanuts.
or cucumber and onion salad like I jes slung together
and I toss in 2 free tickets to a Reptile farm
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'll pass on both, Jamesbo, but thanks just the same, lol! Cukes and onions...... arrrrrghhhhh.... I do like peanut brittle though!
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:59 PM

Jamsbo,

I didn't know Sandy was such a picky eater. Send her some chitlins, maybe then she would be happy
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jamsbo,

I didn't know Sandy was such a picky eater. Send her some chitlins, maybe then she would be happy
I'm box'in up sum now. I'm gonna toss in a few corn kernels jes fer effect [or is it affect]

Sandy,

If'in ya ever get done ere, I'll take ya to a real beer joint whar ya can suck down a cold one and munch on sum pig knuckles and pickled eggs.
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Well I am glad to hear the peaches made the journey to Ohier. Between snailmail, bubble wrap and dat farmer with the rock salt shot off in his 12 gauge (just kidding) I did purchase them LOL those were still some pricey peaches with all of that into acct. But way better than Lane's Packing sending them for almost twice what it cost.

By the way I have been to da AF base to get an enclosed pull behind trailer to take some belongings to my oldest in college. She is a sophomore this year and she rented a house instead of having to stay on campus like the freshmen do. And whilst I had the trailer I took the riding mower over to my Dad's old place with the 2400 sf shop to clean it up. Damn it is HOT!!

Jamesbo you keep da knuckles I know what they step in all day I would sit at the oyster bar all night if they had plenty of cold beer, plenty of oysters, crackers, hot sauce and the name of the month ended in the letter R. Yummy
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Morning ya'll, I remember all that Gawga food I consumed when I was there. It was sooooo good. Now I want some grits and pulled poke lol.

Happy anniversary Pat, you have a great day with the TW

I'm off to a friends wedding today, hope it isn't too boring lol.

Have a great day everyone, ttyl.

Adrian
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:58 PM

Adrian,

Glad sum one likes southern cook'in.

I can't beleive Scot don't care fer pig knuckles and pickled eggs wit a cold beer. He may be a transpant from sum whar.

Ax him to pro-nounce "Buena Vista, Georgia" an we'll see.

Ya got's to be careful down ere. Dar er foreigners ever whar and sum of dem poison yo corn bread wit sugar.
Old July 29th, 2011, 05:54 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy 44th Anniversary Pat and the BETTER HALF!

Jamesbo I was born and raised right cher slap dab in de middle of da state. BUU-Na Vista, the e is silent. How about I eat ox tails, rice and collard greens with neck bones and you keep the pickled pigs feet? I just have this thing about what dem hooves step in all day everyday. You are so right about the foreigners, look at Florida for instance... Only 33% of all Floridians are native to the state.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:18 PM

Scot,

I jes knew you was a transplant.

It's "Beuner Vister"

How's ya mama an dem?

Dem Maters ready yet?

Geeze Louise, den Yankees done crept down to Perry Gawga.

Who'd a thunk it?

Bye de bye Scot, Cha raise chickens, goats, cows and sheep. Cha "rear" chill'en.

I swear, am I de only on ere on CO who can speak de King's English

But's I do enjoy Ox tail soup/stew. Cha might be a Gawga Boy affer all.

Ok trick question, Please correctly pro-nounce de street in Hotlanta whar de stadium whar de Atlanta Cracker's ball field was located at?
[in de vernacular]
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Pint de lean-on Ave
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Or more commonly called "pints dey lean-on skreek" or if you were after where they played their last season at then the old Fulton Stadium was off of "Cap-tal-SkreeK" which is now parking for da Ted Turner grassy knoll with bases round it.
Old July 30th, 2011, 04:45 AM

Mawn'in

Ok Scot,

I beleives ya.

I won't throw ya de Taliaferro, Gawga curve ball, dat drives foreigners completley mad. And we don't need to go down Houston Street.

I'm stew'in up sum garden mater wit sum Okrie as we speak. Yum Dat would go good wit sum ox tail if'in I had any. But I ain't got ner-err

Ya'll have a wonderful Saturday. It's a gonna be anutter hot one.

Bye de bye, Who was Warner Robins AFB named after?
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Ponce de Leon Street

'mornin everyone.....

Talkin' bout Ponce de Leon Street, when we first moved to South Carolina in the Spartanburg area, 26 years ago, we were buying drapes in JCPenney's and I asked the saleslady "where's a good place to eat 'round here?" She said "Good place is Ron's Steakhouse on Riva Road."

Well, how hard could this be..... Armed with the latest Spartanburg map, the Trophy Wife and I started out the paring lot. Took a long time to find out that there isn't a "Riva" road in the whole county. I parked the car and the TW and I started running down all the street names beginning with an "R." No Riva Road! We ran down the alphabetical listing of all the streets beginning with an "R." Suddenly I spotted it. I said to the TW, "could this be it?" She said,"I'll bet it could be-- Reidville Road"

Reidville road was about two miles long and ran from the I-26 east to Main Street. I started at the Interstate and we slowly traversed "Riva Road." Went past a mess of restaurants... Just past the Outback and next to the Fuddrucker's, there it was! Ryan's Steakhouse!

Well we went in and had some great wings and a mess of other stuff.

I was born in Victoria Hospital, in Miami, Florida in 1931. All along I though I was a Southerner. Wasn't 'til I built our home on Bird Mountain in Glassy Mountain Township, in Greenville County, SC, that I became a Southerner!

Have a great Saturday.

God Bless America!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; July 30th, 2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:36 AM

Don, You do mean Miama Fla right?

I would have guessed "River Rd."
Old July 30th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Don, You do mean Miama Fla right?

I would have guessed "River Rd."
Miama, yep!

There isn't a riber in S'burg. Since this event 26 years ago, Reidville Road's name has been changed to "Ron B. White Sr. Blvd." in honor of the late owner of the "World Famous Beacon Drive-In" which is just past Ryan's near Main Street.

Times change, but the vernacular doesn't!

--Don

Old July 30th, 2011, 06:15 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Ok Scot,
Ya'll have a wonderful Saturday. It's a gonna be anutter hot one.

Bye de bye, Who was Warner Robins AFB named after?

Good Saturday Morning All!

Yep X2 on the nudder hot one, actual mercury 'round 100 not including the heat index

Robins Air Force base was named after Brigadier General Augustine Warner Robins by Army Colonel Charles Thomas.

Got to drop two kids off and head on down to the Statesboro Blues to move the oldest into her new abode for the year. Man I-16 sure is rough, and I am dreading the trip. But I do have my stupidvisor chair with me so I can make sure everything makes it off the trailer okay.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Scot
Old July 30th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

When I was working in Ohio, I had to do a job in Lucas, Ohio. A friend said "There's no such place in Ohio! I said " There sure is. I aught to know, I'm working there!"

He said "Just where is Lucas?" I said "It's six miles from Mifflin!"

And it is!

Another time I was doing a job in McIntosh, Flawada. A friend said "Where in Flawada is McIntosh?"

I told him that it's in a triangle formed by "Alacuway, Withlacootchie, and Micanopee!"

Flawada town names are as tough as Gawga names!

A couple were driving toward Disney World. The husband asked his wife "what town are we coming into?" She had the map and said "Kiss-a-me"
The husband said "that's pronounced 'Kiss-im-me. It was lunch time and they stopped in a fast food, and as they were ordering, the husband asked the waitress to "Tell my wife where we are, and pronounce it slowly!"

The waitress said, while putting the food on a tray said, "B-u-r-g-e-r K-i-n-g-!

--Don
Old July 30th, 2011, 04:05 PM

Morning everyone, another cool day going to around 65. It's nice to know there are badly named places all over the world, not just here lol.

Have to look at the back brakes of my wifes car today, they are squeaking a fair bit Right after I start a new thread for my car Have to keep everyone up to date with how it is going

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM

I have barely been on during the last week. I just read through 3 pages of good morning posts.

Good to hear people are still doing well.

Have a good weekend.
Old July 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Morning everyone, another cool day going to around 65. It's nice to know there are badly named places all over the world, not just here lol.
All in the same province......

Attachment 181093

Attachment 181094
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:02 AM

Good morning all,

It is going to be another warm, sunny day here today.

Going to go work on the Cutlass today for the first time in over a week. This is taking a lot longer than I was expecting. I am getting anxious to get it running and to the body shop for paint.

Everyone have a good day.
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:31 AM

Mawn'in

Well Ken, ain't got much to say 'bout dem towns in Canada.

car-designer, What I do befo I start werk'in on a car is kinda get in shape. I run a wood rasp all over my knuckles den dunk my hands in a bucket of kerosine. Kinda gets me ready for what's com'in up.

Adrian, Cha need to get dem brakes fix, she carry'in sum cute valuable cargo fer ya'll.

Don, Did I tell ya, my buds dad owned a bakery on Miama beach that sold all de bread to "Joe's Stone Crabs"

Scot, Hope ya got everyone situated in Statesboro.

Sandy, How dem peaches hold'in out?

I gotta go sling together sum sausage and bisucits fer my house guest.

Ya'll have a good one.
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:00 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Morning All!

Yep going to be another hot one

School starts tomorrow The kids are all ready to go. They love it. Which is great because their grades are awesome. I couldn't have asked for more. The oldest is going to be a sophomore in college, next we have a senior in high school, then a freshman in high school and finally a third grader. ALL girls

Jamesbo thanks for asking, everything went well and without a single hitch. The eldest lives about 6 miles from Denmark Georgia, just south of Statesboro. I never knew there was a Denmark in GA. Learn something new daily. The ride back was a little hairy due to some inclement weather and we saw where a truck full of hispanics hydroplaned and flipped several times in the median Luckily they were just shaken up and were all wearing their seatbelts. The Tahoe on the other hand, dragging the trailer only got 11 mpg It seemed like it was all up hill going there and on the way back it seemed like it was all uphill again I hope I won't have to do that again any time soon.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Scot
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Don, Did I tell ya, my buds dad owned a bakery on Miama beach that sold all de bread to "Joe's Stone Crabs"
Brings back memories of my youth! In 1948 and 1949 I worked for my uncle who owned "Sloppy Joe's" juice bar on E. 3rd and S. Flagler St. in downtown Miama (Miami.) I had an apartment on South Beach at 4th and Ocean Drive. I lived a short walk to the dog track, Picciolo's Italian restaurant, and Joe's Stone Crab. Back then you could get a dinner there for about a dollar. I never had the stone crabs (the best) back then because they weren't in season. A stone crab dinner will cost you $65.00 at Joe's today!

I lived right on the beach! What a deal for a 17 /18 year old!

Here's my 1938 LaSalle Convertible parked on the side of my apartment.
Fourth St. facing the ocean in July, 1948.

Ya'll brought back some wonderful memories. Thanks!

--Don

Old July 31st, 2011, 09:28 AM

Good morning all

Cool and light rain today. The weather is just plain crazy, hard to plan anything outside.

Don, sure would be great to have that LaSalle now. The cars of the 30's have the best designs ever in my opinion.

Going back to Mississippi this coming week. Now that is a hot and humid place for sure, It just plain sucks
Old July 31st, 2011, 11:04 AM

Well, got the old bench seat back in the Cutlass. Then bled the brakes (the seat made it easier). Then tried to put the drive shaft back in, but unfortunately, can't find the u-joint bearings. And it wasn't me or my Father that took the shaft out, it was the body shop guy, so no clue where they are.

Finally going to update the project thread on my Cutlass for the first time since March. At lot has happened but not all good.
Old July 31st, 2011, 11:20 AM

Morning all, still dark out so lets hope the weather is good Pulled the rear brakes to find out the noise was just the "reminder" piece of metal they put on brake pads so you know your getting low and need to replace them, so I did. I just can't stand noises in cars that shouldn't be there. All good now, even adjusted the hand brake (e-brake)

Thats a pretty cool car you had there Don I love the 30's body styles too Pat.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Adrian