The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old July 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
"Car"mudgeon

A carion dawg
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Morning All!

We got a pretty decent shower again surprisingly enough and it is looking like a carbon copy day as usual.

We have family coming over for another B-day. With a big close knit family, it seems as if there is a B-day every other weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Scot
Old July 9th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Mornin' all...

Woke up at 9:00 and I'm sitting in my underpamts (ugh) watching Stage 8 of "Le Tour de France."

I wait every year until July to watch this great hormone riddled spectacle!

We're in the usual summer weather patterns, hot, sunny, with afternoon thunderstorms.

Ya'll have a great weekend!

--Don

Old July 9th, 2011, 07:40 AM

Scot, I wish I had followed my grand pa's advice. " Always marry and orphan, less family to be 'round."

My Super Model is de baby of 9 and berday parties resemble the cast of Sparticus descedning on the house.

Ya'll have a wonderful weekend.
Old July 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

LOL Jamesbo you hit the nail on the head about the cast of Sparticus descending It's quite religiously unanimous to always have the festivities here at my house, instead of swapping venues.
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Well, Scot, Since I know you're either a fisherman or a fisher of men. Have you ever tried Trout au Bleu.

http://www.pbs.org/hemingwayadventure/recipe3.html

I'm mak'in sum tonite. Ya gotta have a trout priest in your kitchen to chonk 'em out

but it's Yummy.[If ya likes trout]

I was drug up wit good ole S. Gawga fried bream, coleslaw and hush puppies.

I'z jes try'in to expand my pescatorian culinary experiences.
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:30 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks for the link Jamesbo, sound great. I am a fish connoisseur, I love all types of the Omega3 providers. Although I would rather have crappie (white perch) over brim. Trout is awesome and scarce in these parts, but grilled salmon cajun style on a maple plank is most edible. Then the largemouth bass, grilled of course with lemon and paprika wrapped in tin foil.... I better stop or I will have to go fishing soon.
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:00 PM

I luv Salmon.

I had sum ere, Whar ya fly oughta Juneau Alaska in a sea plane, Ya fly in over over Mendenhal Glacier, land at de base of de glacier, dine on salmon brushed with a mixture of brown sugar, white wine and butter.

De gives ya sum cheap white wine, baked beans and cole slaw fer about $500 a head.

http://www.wingsairways.com/taku-lodge.html

I likes all kinda fresh water fish too. I was drug up eat'in 'em. When I was sucha young pup, my folks had to pick bream and leave me a little pile on me plate [next to de hush puppies of course]

I think, De was 'fraid, I choke on a fish bone er sum'in.

Washed it all down wit Sweet tea [Is thar any utter kind] and a few slices of PE-can pie.

Ya ever go to de coast an catch Drum [a.k.a. Red fish/ Channal bass] I likes dem smothered in omions, bell peppers, maters. a la Jean lafayette.

Dang, I jes eat and I'm gett'in hungry A-gain.

Don, Stick 'round Me an Scot on gonna teach ya how to make resin taters next It's kinda a S. Gawga turpentine thing
Old July 9th, 2011, 05:52 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I hear ya Jamesbo, the brim species is quite boney. Can't sat that I've been to Juneau but the Grouper (sea bass) is wonderful @ the Riviera Maya along with the Red Snapper and Flounder but they don't make sweet tea or should I say tea sweet. Kinda gross actually, best to stick to bottled stuff below the border. However there is a well stocked supply of fine? wine, tequila and duos equis. Oh yeah don't forget the camera and the sunscreen.
Old July 10th, 2011, 02:55 AM

Mawn'in

Scot,

I ain't talk'in 'bout grouper. I'm talk'in 'bout channal bass, red fish, red drum, spot tail bass er what ever ya wanta call dem. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_drum

We used to catch 'em at Cumberland Island. Biggest one I ever caught was about 30 lbs. Not a very spectacular leap'in fight'in fish. More like hook'in onto a small VW.

Des got huge bones in dem. Dat's what we used to cook up smothered in maters, onion, peppers. I think it's called "Red Fish Jean Lafette"

Hey, De *New* Good Mawn'in thread" done morffed from de weather channel to de cook'in channel to de Fish'in show.

Wonder if "Cha Cha " brought home anutter trophy? I swear dat girls gonna rub de paint off dat Cutlass befo de seasons out.

GTG time to whip me up sum sausage, biscuit w/ gravy
Old July 10th, 2011, 08:11 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Jamesbo yes I love fishing for the red fish on the flats. Really fun, they hit the bait and run right back into cover to try to wrap the line up. The largest I've caught was right at 22 lbs down in Destin, FL.

Sandy should have a trophy case the size of a semi.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Missed ya all weekend!! All that fish sounds good, lol! I may have to try that fish in foil on the grill. Never put fish on the grill before.

Well I went to those 2 shows today. I'm exhausted!! Gone from 9 am to 8 pm. Lomg day. Beautiful weekend here - today was 89 degrees and somewhat muggy. Sunburned the top of my head where I part my hair, lol! It's a nice bright pink! Came home and took a nice cool shower, lol.

Got a nice certificate for "Best GM Car" and $50 bucks cash at Walton Hills! I was pleased. Another newer Cutlass got the trophy in the Original class. I got one there last year. I'm pleased with my certificate. I was better than any other GM there! Neener, neener, neener!! I did see a Chebelle that had Olds stripes on it's trunk, lol! There were 5 or 6 Oldsmobiles there. I was surprised. It was a nice show. Then over to Glenwillow show. I'm not nuts about that show. They only give 3 trophies, and it's a dusty place. I don't think I'll go back next year. Been there the last 3 years.

Spent yesterday cleaning the house and stuff. Now it's back to work in the morning. I'll have to take a pic of the certificate and post it. It has a pic of last year's Chebby winner on it. Gotta get my pics downloaded and onto photobucket so I can post them.

Have to start cleanin Teepo again tomorrow night after work. Supposed to be 93 degrees here tomorrow! As I was melting in the heat today, I kept reminding myself how friggin snowy and cold it was here in February, lol!!!

Fox 8 Cleveland news is supposed to be over at the Stow cruise in this coming Thursday! We might be on TV, lol! I might leave work early so I can get a parking space over there.

Well I reckon I better get off of here, so I'll talk to ya tomorrow!
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Morning All!

Congrats on your Best GM Car Certificate Sandy, now that is saying something there. I guess you didn't rub all the paint off after all.

Supposed to be hot again in the mid to upper 90's with the humidity through the roof

Scot
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Sandy, Ya ever heard of a hat?

I'll send cha one dat says, "Whigman Rattle Snake Round up"

Probably not many of dem in Ohio.

Anutter show............. anutter Monday. "Like Sand thru the Hour Glass, so are the days of our lives"

Today it's gonna be Hot wit a chance of afternoon showers.

Off to smacky whitey 'round.

Scot, Ya ever caught a Bonefish er a Permit? Dat's my favorite. More like hunt'in dan Fish'in.

Ya'll have a Wonderful day and stay cool.
Old July 11th, 2011, 04:43 AM
CQR

Morning!

Congrats on another win Sandy.

Whats for breakfast Jamesbo?

The 442 studied real hard and passed her test the first time. Now we get to go give all our money to the county for a couple pieces of aluminum.

Finished putting the last of the LED clearance lights on the trailer this weekend. Hopefully gonna borrow a blasting cabinet this week. See if I can get those SSII's blown off and PC'ed. I had one all blasted off, primed and painted, got ready to put one final coat on and as soon as the spray hit the wheel it wrinkled. WTH!.

Make the best of your Monday everyone.
Old July 11th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another Monday, back to work. Brian is back talking away, lol!!! And coughing and gagging from another sinus infection! That guy gets sick more than anyone I know. Then whines and complains and makes all sorts of disgusting sounds!!!! Eeewwwww.

It's muggy, sunny and heading to the 90's today. I picked a few lillies that the deer missed, this morning and brought in here with me. They smell sooooo good!

Jamesbo.... I have all sorts of Summit Racing hats and such, lol! But thanks for the offer. I never wear them. I didn't think I was in the sun much, just enough to walk around and look at the cars. Not the first time I've burned my scalp, lol.

That's terrible about your paint, Clint! Why would it do that? I want to get Teepo's rims repainted one day, and I don't want that happening!!

Well have a good day all, and be safe out in the heat! Stay hydrated!!!!!
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Warm and cloudy today, but that's ok at least its not raining. Stuffed gift bags on Sunday in preparation for our OCA zone car show Next Saturday. Hoping for good weather so we'll have a good turn out. Lots of car shows this time of year so turn out is always in question. Back down to Mississippi on Wednesday and back home at around 3:00 am Saturday morning, just in time to take a short nap and be at the show for setup at 8:00 am. Going to be a long day for sure.

Congrats on the the award Sandy.

X2 on whats for breakfast Jamsbo. You haven't showed us anything new lately
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Afernoon all,

I can'ts be cook'in 24/7 fer al ya'll. Whatcha think dis is de Awaffle House?

I'zs got to get out thar and smack Whitey 'round on Mondays.

Pat, 45/42. beat the tempreture by about 5 strokes. Hot as a 2 dollar pistol out dar today. Glad we had plenty of ice water and wet towels.

Fer supper, I'm a gonna whip up sum Chicken Clemenceau.
Dis used to be one of my favorites. It came from Galatoires in de "Big Easy"
http://www.amazon.com/Win-Die-Dixie-...9952131&sr=1-1

Jes to give ya a head up, In de mawn'in I gotta go to de city to get my eye ***** checked at first lite. Hope ya'll enjoy your Pop tarts.
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo...... Pop Tarts are for Friday, lol! You are like the CO chef, ya know?? We depend on you for your recipes and reviews, lol!
Old July 12th, 2011, 04:47 AM
CQR

Morning everyone.

Not sure Sandy. I followed the directions. (Yes I read them before I started, here's my man card) Oh well. I'll blast them off again and see about the cost of PC.

They're talking heavy rain this afternoon. This monsoon is really somethin' Longer and earlier than I remember. Wonder if that mean that winter will come early too?

Jamesbo, Happy dilation. Maybe that'll help. Let us know if we need to up the font size some more.

Well, have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Oh Lord.... Let's not talk winter yet, lol!!!!! I'm getting depresses already thinking July is almost over. Today we're going up to the 90's again, and tomorrow the 70's! From summer to spring weather. The humidity is so thick out here you could cut it with a knife. Just tropical wet feeling. Yuuuuccccckkkkkkk.....! Give me that 105 degree dry Phoenix heat!

Went home last evening and was out in the garage cleaning Teepo until 9:30. She's all clean now and feels much better, lol! I'm hoping they put her on the news on Thursday night, so she has to look her best, lol!

Jamesbo.... how's your eyes??? Maybe I should have used the bigger font as Clint suggested, lol! I've already scratched the heck out of these lenses of mine. I just got the friggin things in what March or April?? And they had to change them 3 times.... I hate glasses. I'm always bumping them against something, like on the car, cause they stick out so far in front. Much more than my old ones did.

Gotta get my pics downloaded so I can post them. Where's Wolfie and Ken??

Have a good day all!
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:58 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Another muggy hot day in the deep south. Same old dance same old song.

I sure wish there were as many shows in this area as there are up your way Sandy. I'd be in hawg heaven.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Scot
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:39 AM

Hi,

I'm allready back from de big city. My eyes are fine I jes go ever 18/24 months cause my family has [had] a history of Glaucoma.

"We're hav'in a heat wave.......................... a tropical heat wave. De temperture ris'in, It isn't supris'in."
Old July 12th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Here ya go Jamesbo...... Cool Down!!!

I remember this like it was yesterday. Friggin cold and gray and slick......... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

Attachment 181551

Attachment 181552

Attachment 181553
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:11 AM

I remember this like it was yesterday. Friggin cold and gray and slick......... burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
AAAHHH!! STOP THAT!! That wasn't even nice:O
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:53 AM

Nice.. I love the Snow.
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cutlass Lover

......That wasn't even nice:O

No it wasn't was it, lol!!! Just tryin to cool off Jamesbo!
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I'll take it for a day or two.
Old July 12th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'd gladly give it to ya Scot!!!!
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Scot, De snow mite kill your maters.

Whose de Ninja broad wear'in sun glasses in de blizzard?

Here's a pic of Red com'in up de garden steps. Oh and Soct wil be de only one to recognize the syrup pot in de back ground. Cause he's de only one who knows what Blue Ribbon Cane syrup is.

Ya'll have a wonderful Wednesday.
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:45 AM
CQR

Good Morning everyone.

Good lookin dog Jamesbo. Sure do miss our Golden.

We had a fantastic light and sound show last night. We don't get those kinda storms very often. I remember a lot more of those night time storms when I was out visiting family in Ohio as a kid. Got a fair amount of rain with it as well. I do believe we are becoming the humid part of the country anymore. No more semi-arid high altitude dust bowl for us.

Have a happy day all.
Old July 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have a nice light shower going on this morning. Guess it's a cool front or something. Supposed to heat back up this weekend. Hope no storms on Sunday - I've got a show! It's in the high 60's now.

Goin to a cruise in over at Chick-fil-a tonight in Macedonia. Since they canceled our Hudson cruise, the DJ got this one up and running. Can't wait!! Tomorrow is Stow night! God I love car season!

Scot.... did ya get the job? Have you heard anything from them yet??

Where is our fellow that joined us with the "Peter Griffin laugh"?? Can't remember his name, but I like his excitement, lol! Where's Wolfie and Ken and Don?????

Jamesbo.... your dog is very beautiful! How old is he??

Have a good day all!

Last edited by cutlassgal; July 13th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:08 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Another heatwave again today, I'll take the snow for a day or two but that would be all I care for.

Jamesbo that is a great looking rescue dog. Yall did good. There are still a couple of private sugar cane juicer/syrup makers around.

Sandy I haven't heard anything yet, the web site still says my application is still "in process" Out of the many jobs that I've applied to, I think I'd enjoy that one the most.

Scot
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:46 AM
CQR

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Just scored 5 cans of R-12
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well good for you! Where'd ya get em??
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:14 AM

We had a storm blow through here tues. morning the left a lot of people w/o power for a couple of days, with many trees down, unforunately one of them fell on a '27 Model T, crushing it. The owner had got home late with it, and was too tired to put it in the garage , says that he has insurance, but a collectable ins. co. may not pay if not in a garage.
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:18 AM
CQR

The almighty craigslist Sandy.

1969w3155 My buddy lives in Waukegan and just got his power back yesterday afternoon. they were stuck in the house with a couple day old baby girl.
Too bad to hear about the T.
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Clint, good score.

For all ya'll who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up. Scot jes posted a pic of a very rare animal. If ya kilt ever last one of them, tehy wouldn't be extinct.

Bye de bye Scot, I'm rack'in my brain. Whacha call dat stuff de take off and hide in de woods to ferment.Squeez'in's? Ruff stuff.
Old July 13th, 2011, 12:55 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Stump liquor??

Old July 13th, 2011, 01:16 PM
CQR

Stump licker?

Search this Thread