The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2016, 06:44 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All Another quick check in

Elsie and her band is a comin' fer a late night jam session

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jamesbo you're going to convert me to the 69s yet. Them are some pretty cars. By the way, I didn't know your Vista Cruiser was a Pontiac.
I was thinking the same thing Mike, but it wasn't the tiger tail. I was thinking the red 455 emblems on the valve covers.. I'm no '69 Oldsmobile expert so please correct me if they are right. Anywho it looks gorgeous Jamesbo Love the Vista Cruiser!

Just got back from the Code office. The **** called me yesterday and said I had to move the school bus. School busses aren't allowed in a subdivision. This after she told me it needed to be registered, which cost me 600 bucks. So I went to find out just what code tells me I can't park my private vehicle on my private property. It isn't that it's a school bus per se, even though it's a private vehicle its gross weight is over 26000 and that makes it a commercial vehicle, and they aren't allowed. Turns out I know the one supervisor and she said, I think you are renovating it into an RV(RVs are exempt). She also said that if any of the other code people resist that, then I can expect to have to move it. I'm just gonna sell it. They've taken all the fun out of having it. Rat bastards.
That stinks Mike It doesn't have a Hemi in it does it?

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Been on a blues kick lately

Y'all have a great night
Old March 1st, 2016, 07:35 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Well, looks like the germ invasion hit our house. Zachary got a fever and has missed school so far this week and will again tomorrow. Emma got sick today and missed school. And since I was around them so much, now I'm sick. At least my wife hasn't gone down yet. Fever, chills, cough but the pediatrician said it was not the flu. Not sure what it is then. Kids both had flu shots, I never have, so that didn't seem to make a difference.

Mike - that's a great picture you took on the wing of the plane, very nice, must be awesome to work on one of those.

I saw on ebay that Richard's 66 Pro Touring Convertible was up for sale, doesn't look like it sold though. Such a nice car, wonder why he's selling it.

John - did not know what that was until you said it was a donut, learn something new every day.

Jamesbo - love that wagon. Wish I had the room to add one of those to my fleet.

Well, going to go to bed now, have a good night all.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 06:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but Elsie's left de building

John, When I was a pup, de witch in The Wizzard of Oz scared me to death. Haven't watch anything scary since den. No Omen, No Texas Chain saw, no Walking Dead nothing scarier dan The little House on the Prairie.

Mike, De Vista's engine compartment is kinda like de rest of her. Made de way I wanted it. It didn't come with alot of stuff it has now. Bucket seats, center console. Tilt wheel, 15 " bolt on SS II's, Tic-toc -tach, woofer in de lower rear compartment. Chrome dual exhaust tips HURST
Equipped sticker etc,etc

Some where hidden in de bowels of CO archives is a thread [perhaps before you joined] where we yanked de blue 455 engine, painted it red and dressed it up. I remember Sandy and Blue Vista [aka, Red Goat] commenting but it's been a LONG time ago. He hardest part was getting together a few gorillas to help removed de hood.

Mike, If ya cover up de bus and tell everyone it's a Winnebago who knows de diff?

Have a GREAT Day Olds friends
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:33 AM
Captain Starfire

G'mernin', all... Got a few showers out of our system last night and now it's shapin' up to be a swell-elegant kinda' day in da' swamp.

Right off the bat, better half's flight from Peoria was delayed, so it appears she'll be with Mom for one more day... Well, worse things could happen. She's not delighted, but at least she learned before leaving her headquarters. Gives me more time to spit-polish the house before her return.

Mike, I'm sitting in the gallery listening to your story unfold; what a miserable bunch over there. Sorry you have to go through this; talk about "technicalities." But hopefully once you come to a resolution, it will be a better situation than it was in the beginning; maybe you can even make a buck or two off the Partridge Family RV.

Darrell, they're square donuts w/ no holes. One day, Jamesbo is going to fix that box of mix he has and send us all pictures.... or he can ship it over to Mike to blend in with the cement for his wall.

It IS a pretty motor, Jamesbo. That was all certainly before my time on the Board. In any case, you got that right about Margaret Hamilton. When I was a yung'un, there wasn't much that was scarier to me than the "WWW." We'd wait all year long to watch TWOO, as it seems it used to be a big deal on Sunday night, once a year.

Some roles are played just a little TOO GOOD. The difference between me & you is that I'd keep going back for more. I actually got my hands on a couple old tapes of some of the movies that scared the silly-putty out of me when I was that tender age. Boris Karloff & Vinney Price movies were always good. But the list includes: "House of Usher," "The Raven," "The Haunted Strangler," "The Man with X-Ray Eyes," and a many others. Those were "spread the quilt" movies fer sure!

With all the tigers on the board, I keep thinking of ol' Tony, and the song, "Get on the beam; put a tiger on your team, with Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes."

Y'all have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 2nd, 2016 at 08:37 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Boy did we get a monsoon last night. Didn't last but a few minutes, but there was thunder, lightning, so much rain you couldn't see out the windows. Today is bright as can be, if not a tad cool.

The code supervisor, the one I know, called me back and said that since the other woman told me the bus would be okay with a tag, if I parked it in the back of the property they wouldn't say anything else. But if anyone called about it again there's no discussion, I'd have to move it. That's okay with me. I'm going to take an afternoon and do the "conversion" into an RV. Sleeping quarters and a kitchenette. You're right, Jamesbo, it would be no different than a Winnebago at that point. Semantics. I have it for sale on craigslist and got a couple responses, but no one that is going to buy it.

I'm sorry you guys, I get off on a rant, or just whining, and get carried away. I'm done worrying about that bus. No Scot no Hemi, it's a Chev.

John why was the flight delayed? If she wants something to do she can go over to Tonica and talk with that guy about the car I went to look at.

Okay my friend just called and he's at the shop. We're going to pull the motor out of the 96 truck so he can rebuild it and put it in his Chevelle. I told him to take the trans and Tcase and make the Chevelle a 4 wheel drive.

Have a good day everyone.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 03:53 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Whelp got some heavy rain late last night. Thankfully no lightnin' show here
De Vista's engine compartment is kinda like de rest of her. Made de way I wanted it. It didn't come with alot of stuff it has now. Bucket seats, center console. Tilt wheel, 15 " bolt on SS II's, Tic-toc -tach, woofer in de lower rear compartment. Chrome dual exhaust tips HURST
Equipped sticker etc,etc

Some where hidden in de bowels of CO archives is a thread [perhaps before you joined] where we yanked de blue 455 engine, painted it red and dressed it up. I remember Sandy and Blue Vista [aka, Red Goat] commenting but it's been a LONG time ago. He hardest part was getting together a few gorillas to help removed de hood.
Oh I think it is amazing Jim. It's just when mentioned about poncho, the red numerals struck me the same way. There was a guy in my Dad's car club that had a 70 firechicken with the red numbers on the grill I believe. Again I love yours Jim and can't wait to see it in person. Speaking of I need to get up there (towards Mike) and see that trailer soon.
Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee

With all the tigers on the board, I keep thinking of ol' Tony, and the song, "Get on the beam; put a tiger on your team, with Kellogg's Sugar Frosted Flakes."
Whilst we are on de subjecto... Did you know Kellogg's sued Exxon Mobile over "The Tiger?"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95371&page=1

I'm sorry you guys, I get off on a rant, or just whining, and get carried away. I'm done worrying about that bus. No Scot no Hemi, it's a Chev.

Okay my friend just called and he's at the shop. We're going to pull the motor out of the 96 truck so he can rebuild it and put it in his Chevelle. I told him to take the trans and Tcase and make the Chevelle a 4 wheel drive.
No worries Mike. I remember my Dad telling me there were some older buses that were Hemi equipped. I never saw one personally, but it would be worth more than the bus if you found one.

Speaking of being worth a shiny nickel, I think I spotted an early 50's 356 in a barn.... Updates as more info unfolds

Whelp time to graze Catch y'all on the flipside
Old March 2nd, 2016, 04:19 PM
Captain Starfire

Scot, as my old friend Johnny Carson used to say, "I did not know that" (about the lawsuit).

But I'll say, those two tigers were certainly related... resemblance too close for comfort, IMHO.

BTW, Better Half and I watch the animated How the Grinch Stole Christmas EVERY Christmas... Big fans of the last Thurl Ravenscroft, singer of the the main "Grinch" song (actually uncredited), as well as the voice of Tony the Tiger.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 2nd, 2016 at 04:27 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 05:05 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got the motor pulled out of that truck, got the truck back up on the trailer, and my friend is headed home happy as can be. He did buy dinner at the Awful house. We could have gone someplace nicer but I feel funny going into a place like Appleby's or OCharley's looking all scroungy. We really did get dirty. It was fun.

I didn't know the Grinch singer was the same guy that did Tony the Tiger. He's been gone a few years now. I'm sure he did a few other things we'd recognize.

Well gonna build a fire and relax. Tomorrow will be work on the wall day. It's my last day off before I start my new job for real. Got a few other things to do in the morning while I'm waiting for it to warm up.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:11 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone.

Well, not much to report here today, kids were both home sick as was I. I've had 101-102 fever most of the day, feel a little better now, of course I think it's because I slept most of the day too. Hopefully everyone will be better tomorrow.

Have a good night everyone.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 09:32 PM

Good to here that you are pulling through the bug that you have, I had a hellish cold last week that went on for three days, felt better day four, but took dang near the whole week to shake.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but clear.Elsie may be back by this afternoon

All this talk of scary and Tigers reminded me of Pat Conroy's "Prince of Tides"

John, I once met the guy who did the Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush voice I think he got good $$

Mike, I'm trying to figger out if ya could get a bus cover, Den ya could go to a sign shop and get sum vinyl letters dat say Winnebago and stick dem on de cover ..................VOILA

Scot, Safee travels hauling dem carts around

102 Yikes, Take care of your self. De mawn'in thread has lost too many members

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chilly here as well. Was sunny but now it's clouding up and the rain comes back this afternoon. Though I hear it's only gonna be here a couple hours, just enough to make things messy.

I feel for you guys. I had the croup a few weeks ago and it takes days to get over it fully. I used to go to work feeling deathly ill, thinking if I'm miserable I might as well get paid for it. But then I realized, heck I get paid anyway, so now I stay home if I'm under the weather. Work is bad enough as it is, why add to it.

Famous people I've met? I don't think anyone, really. I met Tom Dreesan once. Sat across the aisle from Willard Scott on an airplane once. Took my Mom to see the Statler Brothers and sat next to them at dinner. Mom said, should we say something? I said no, they are trying to relax before they go to work. Some old ladies came up and pestered them instead.

Gonna go mix some cement and fill in the wall a little bit before the rain. If it does indeed stop raining then I'll go get some mortar mix and start in with the block again. I also need to take apart my dock. I never go out on it and it's getting a little rickety.

Have a good Thursday everyone.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 09:37 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all... Dreary day in da' Swamp, but I'll take it. Temp is good, although it's humid. No problemo.

Mike, no reason was given -- and hold on to your hat! -- she was informed this morning that they were delaying today's flight as well! Again, no reason given. Anyhoots, if all goes according to CURRENT plan, she should arrive from Hotlanta connection around 7 tonite. We shall see. Flying nowadays is definitely no picnic. Poor girl really just wants to get home now.

Whelpt, all this talking about "bugs" and such has encouraged me to report on my cigarette hack -- even though I quit smoking almost 30 yrs ago. The miserable cold I had in January simply moved down the ol' respiratory tract and left me with a nagging cough; has everybody telling me to run to the Dr's office.

But I've been down that road before... it just has to work its way out by itself. When I was in high school working at Winn Dixie, I'd unload the dairy trucks, then stack the milk & stuff in the walk-in cooler for a half hour while I was still sweating. I kept a cough for 6 months one time.... I did go to the Dr's then... but it didn't make a hill of beans difference.

Old March 3rd, 2016, 10:33 AM

Myself and the truck in front of me avoided the wrong way driver on the business loop that I come on last night, about two miles from home. He must have realized his error as he turned onto the right one about a block later.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 12:43 PM
MOTORHEAD

overtaken by beer hammer
trying to quell them now\\\try try try

Last edited by 11971four4two; March 3rd, 2016 at 12:56 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:34 PM

Uhh, before edit, what?
Old March 3rd, 2016, 08:40 PM

Anyways, I go to Meijer's today a regional store chain started decades ago about 50 miles from me, and now in four or five states around Michigan, I get odds n ends and get my 5 qt jug of oil and Purolator oil filter...about that filter, a Pure One filter, there were a wide variety of them all at 5.89 apiece, except for mine, and only mine, $8.49! WTH!
Old March 4th, 2016, 06:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie came wit a vengeance late yesterday and then left

Good thing we can't politic speak on dis forum. The whole crowd makes me wanta pitch my cookies

John, When I went fer my annual physical last month de doc gave me a LONG speech about pneumonia shots. FWIW, I've never had shingles, flu or pneumonia shot until dis year. He says as you get older [like us] de effectiveness of de shots lesson.

Let me see ere. I've bragged about cars, bitched about politics and given medical advice and HOA advice.

Must be time for me to shut up

Clint, WHAR YA AT?

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 4th, 2016, 07:17 AM

Jamesbo, I figure that I'll get the shingles shot in about a year, as I am approaching that age. Gotta get my ears lowered in a couple of hours, then off to work.
Old March 4th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Captain Starfire

Hi, gang....

Dan you win da' prize... now fork over the xtra $3. We used to go to the Meijer's in Traverse City fairly regularly; in all honesty, I thought they were overrated. Prices sure weren't anything to write home (to LA) about, IMHO. I never did understand all the ballyhooing. I did like the fact that they used to sponsor an Indy car.

New subject: What are they putting in that Minnesota water? This is a case for Mulder & Scully.

New subject: Jamesbo, so are you saying the vaccines for those things are less & less effective the older you get? In all honesty, I plan on NEVER getting a vaccine for any of those things... Me & better half have discussed at length and we just try & take care of our health to ward off all those maladies. I've never had pneumonia or shingles; a little hack every 5-6 years ain't gonna' kill me (hopefully!). It just sounds like TB when I have it.

I have to say, however, that all the folks at the old geriatric home in Metairie (3 aunts, 1 uncle, 2 parents) took their turn at shingles; I hope I'm spared that. I did get Chicken Pox as a kid (as did my two brothers -- along with measles & mumps) and "The Pox" was no picnic. I was on a steady diet of calamine lotion for weeks.

New subject: Bluebird, cerulean-sky day in da' swamp. Should take out the bike, but we spent most of the morning on a trip to Costco. With a couple exceptions, it was still fun.

New subject: Yes, Jamesbo, the presidential race has become a real circus. If anybody has any heartfelt patriotism, it's pretty painful. Last night's performance was sad. Right now, I'm feelin' about the U.S. the way I feel about N.O. That's about all the board's rules will let me get by with. BTW, speaking of the Big Easy, did the "bike tour robbery" on Wednesday in the French Quarter make national news? (Speaking of sad.)

Y'all have a great weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 4th, 2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old March 4th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Pretty day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. A little cool, but that is going to be rectified as the days move on. Nice and sunny and that is worth the price of admission right there.

I, too, was once a fan of Meijers, because that was the only place I could get the big femur bones that the dogs like gnawing on. Now they don't have them anymore so I'm not in a hurry to go there. They aren't this far south anyway.

My last flu shot was in 1998. And I can't honestly say I've ever had the flu anyway. I could get one free every year at work but eh, I don't see the point. Maybe if I wait until I'm old I'll have a few years that they'll be effective.

And speaking of work, today is my anniversary with the company. A whopping 22 years. And tonight I start in my new department. Go in an hour later, come home an hour earlier, do it a day more each week. Hm.

So John, did Better Half get home eventually? Why didn't she just take a cab to Moline? Ever find out why the flight was delayed two days in a row? Must have been an equipment issue.

I thought of someone else I met. Daniel O'Donnell, he's a singer. Nice fellow, very gracious. He's a big hit with the older crowd. My Mom absolutely adores him. We went to see him and he puts on a good show. Afterward, he hangs out and talks with everyone who wants to talk to him. I'm guessing he's exhausted afterward. He spoke to me like we were old friends and I told him my Mom had been to see him several times. He acted as though he remembered her from before, though I'm sure he didn't.

Guess I'll get ready for work. No telling what is in store for me, hope I learn quick. Have a good evening and weekend everyone.
Old March 4th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Captain Starfire

Mike, the first day, it was a mechanical failure. Plane was stuck in Hotlanta, they say... maybe you worked on it? It's the same flight every day b/w Hotlanta & Peoria. She did wind up landing at 7:00 last night. The only good thing is that she got advance warning of the delay/cancellation both days, so she didn't have to spend a great deal of time at the airport.

Never heard of Daniel O'Donnell. I was thinking he was a geezer, but since he's born the same year as better half, that can't be true! I'll bet he puts on a great show...

Hope the new schedule works out well for you; I guess it'll take a while to analyze & adjust...

Oh, & I guess I've had genuine "influenza" once or twice max in my life. IMHO, anybody who sneezes or blows his nose a couple times nowadays has "the flu" if you ask 'em. So I just don't ask 'em. We all know the "real" flu is nuttin' to sneeze at...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 4th, 2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old March 4th, 2016, 05:05 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Yup it twas a nicin' here too. Love this weather, makes me wanna go drown a cricket.

Here's to getting well Darrell Hopefully the bug has run it's course. Put half of an onion in the bedrooms. (Old wife's tale)

Scot, Safee travels hauling dem carts around
Thankee Jim. I'm trying my best, but rest assured my eyes are looking front, left side mirror, front, right side mirror, front, rear view mirror, repeat Been some terrible accidents right around here happening all too frequently for quite some time. Inexperienced and/or road construction
Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Myself and the truck in front of me avoided the wrong way driver on the business loop that I come on last night, about two miles from home. He must have realized his error as he turned onto the right one about a block later.
Glad to hear you avoided that Dan Definitely a pucker moment, I'm sure

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Pure One filter, there were a wide variety of them all at 5.89 apiece, except for mine, and only mine, $8.49! WTH!
Is it bigger in physical size or sumphin? Seems like I ran into that with one of the girl's cars
Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
did the "bike tour robbery" on Wednesday in the French Quarter make national news? (Speaking of sad.)
Was the calamine pink or clear? Sad to see the guy could've literally ordered a pizza and some wings and had it delivered before help arrived

S'posed to be beautimus this weekend.. Hope everyone has a safe, enjoyable weekend
Old March 4th, 2016, 06:29 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Well I started to feel better today finally. Been sleeping at least half the day. Rest of the family is doing better too, thanks for all the well wishes.

Scot - didn't have to resort to putting an onion in the bedroom, even though it is an old wives tale, I don't think my wife would have appreciated it.

Dan - glad to hear that you didn't get hit by that guy.

Jamesbo/John - I agree, it has been painful watching the debates. The only thing missing at this point would be crotch grabbing, a middle finger or a "your mother" joke. Pretty pathetic that this is the best we have vying for office. Someone needs to give these people a lesson in civility.

I hope Clint is ok, unusual not to hear from him.

Have a good night all.
Old March 4th, 2016, 10:07 PM

John, if you had the Chicken Pox as a kid, then you have the dormant virus inside of you that causes the Shingles, you may or may not get it, but as we get older we are more susceptible to it, hence the recommendation to get the shot. Scot, the filter beside mine on the shelf, but with a different part number was in a box that was the same size as mine, might have to go online, and buy by the gross. Darrell, that was the third time that I have encountered a wrong way driver, I have had time to take action by slowing down and hugging the right hand shoulder of the road in all instances.
Old March 5th, 2016, 06:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Blue bird day down ere

John, I hope de fresh mountain air keeps you and de Mrs. healthy fer a hundred years. I will say de nurse that gave me the singles shot said, she'd had it and got the shingles twice.

De pneumonia shot was de one which werks better before 70 [not that either one of us is close]

Maybe Clint is in a caucus

De Cheby 2500 4 X 4 jes got a new alternator a snake belt. I guess it deserves it at 245,000 miles

Have a Great weekend Olds friends
Old March 5th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all...

Overcasty day here in da' swamp, but no Elsie expected 'til Wednesday. Then they're sayin' the sky'll fall on Thursday. We shall see.

Dan, at least right now, I think my odds are better on my own... it has a lot to do with your resistance, which is generally pretty good. If I ever get "old" and frail, I might have to reassess my options. Yep, having "The Pox" makes be susceptible to shingles; but as Jamesbo noted, just getting the vaccination doesn't guarantee you'll be shingle free. BTW, some folks I know that got shingles had nerve pain for the rest of their lives. Man, that's rough.... So the stakes are pretty high -- no fun at all.

Scot, it was pink... Didn't even know there was a clear variety. Always had to shake it up good, 'cause all the "load" (whatever that stuff was) would settle to the bottom of the bottle. Boy, those suckers itched!

Jamesbo, thanks for the well wishes -- same to you & S.M. BTW, that 4X4 is finally broken in; now you can really start driving it.

Darrell, happy to hear you might have turned the corner with your ailment.

Clint, what up in Lakewood?

Old March 6th, 2016, 06:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter brisk but clear blue bird day down ere

May go try to hit a few ***** to get ready fer tomorrow.

Enjoy de rest of this beautiful weekend Olds friends
Old March 6th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

This getting to bed an hour early has messed up our afternoon routine. Nice to have some time to myself, though, and not have to be running around as soon as I wake up.

Nice day here today. The guy that -was- in charge of the lake called and said someone else closed the valve at the dam and the water is starting to come up. He said he cussed them out but the dumb btch that is in charge said leave it closed. So the lake will come up and my wall is not in place, and the yard will spill out into the lake causing me great loss. You know what, I don't care. I've had it with this low-class county. It's one thing after another. A guy I used to work with lived in my neighborhood and moved up to Cherokee(county). He said he wished he did it years ago.

Took out the First Class closet and half the galley on a plane last night so the wifi people could run a new harness. Wow that was a lot of work. Not hard, just involved. I got it all back together in time to go home. The lead called me all night long asking me when I thought the wifi people would be done. Finally I said why don't you just call them. I couldn't tell if he was bird-******* me or if he didn't have their phone number.

Jamesbo you had 245K on the belt as well? That's some good service. How's Red? You haven't mentioned him in awhile.

Guess I'll get ready for work. I'm going to be grumpy tomorrow when I get home from night #3 and I still have one more to go. Happy Monday tomorrow everyone.
Old March 6th, 2016, 06:48 PM

Water heater question. My hot water from all of my taps suddenly slowed down to about 1/3 -1/2 of it's normal flow, it still gets hotter than blue blazes, but has really slowed down coming out of the tap. I opened the valve on the water heater, had some rust, but not a truck load, that was two days ago, opened the valved again today and it ran clear. My cold seems to have slowed somewhat, but I ran the water in the laundry tub in the basement, and it was at full blast. The water heater itself has been making some popping and clunking lately,(usually caused by sediment build up) so I am trying to figure out if that is it before I get another one delivered. By the way, I installed this one about 25 plus years ago. Any thoughts?
Old March 7th, 2016, 04:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, My 1st questions would be is it electric or gas? In any event.The cold water shouldn't be slowing down because it doesn't go thru the heater.Sounds like more of a faucet value problem [i.e rust could have settled in around a faucet cartridge] pull the cold water cartridge and check it out. The laundry room may have a different kind of faucet which allowed it to flow more better

Beautimus day to go smack whitey. !st nice Monday in a coon's age

Mike, Red's fine he was ask'in about you dis mawn'in. "How's de guy what smells like dogs? Do ya think he'd like me to go down and bite the HOA crazies?"

GTG Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 7th, 2016, 06:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mernin All

Got some stuff did round the casa, now time to hit the ole el taller. (shop)

Supposed to gradually climb to 80* by Fri But then a soaker is a coming just in time to rain on the worlds biggest yard sale

Yep John the pink stuff is what we had growing up too. We use the clear now and it seems to do a better job on poison ivy

Dan I tink Jamesbo nailed it, prolly the hot water valve at the sink.

Whelp better enjoy this beautiful day we have
Old March 7th, 2016, 09:38 AM

Jamesbo, Scot, ya may be on to something. I pulled the aerator off of the kitchen sink tap, and cleaned out a small amount of rust, with no change to the flow, did the same to the bathroom tap and a lot of rust, so much that I couldn't get it (wap wap wap on the counter) all out, left that one screen out (I'll get a new one) and I have good water flow again, which means that I'll have to pull the hot water valve in the kitchen to see if it's mucked up, along with the shower head in the tub, which I may soak in vinegar. Hopefully that will do it.
Old March 7th, 2016, 12:00 PM

I wish I could send ya a bill for what a plumber woulda charged ya
Old March 7th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got up to 70 here today. This getting to bed early/getting up earlier has me seeing more of the day. Tonight is Friday, I hope I can get out a little more early and see more of tomorrow.

So I put 60 miles on the truck last night driving around the airport looking for planes. The computer says it's here. Then it says it's there. Then it gets moved. Then it isn't anywhere. Then it goes back out. Well, if you can't find it you can't work on it. A lot of the stuff I've done this week seemed pointless. No wonder in the other department we'd blow off the cabin work.

Dan I'd say your water heater is in the same league as Jamesbo's alternator. Your low flow has probably been working up for awhile, but you just now noticed it.

Jamesbo give Red a big kiss on the nose for me for looking out for me. I'm just not going to worry about what goes on around here. I don't know how, and I don't know when, but I'm getting out of here and not looking back. I'm tired of being sick and tired all the time. That's probably why Clint is AWOL I ran him off with all my negativity. I'm sorry, Clint, come back and I'll (try to) be less negative.

Gonna get the dogs out and get ready to go. Don't know what this department's idea is of getting out early on Friday. Whatever it is I have three to myself and that's nothing to sneeze at. Have a good evening everyone.
Old March 7th, 2016, 08:27 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone. Was 50 here and sunny today. Supposed to be another nice one tomorrow. Everyone here was back to work/school so we're all feeling better.

So this morning, I woke up and went to use the toilet and look at what I found. Could not believe how huge that Spider was so I took a picture of him. Truth be told, I had to wait a while anyway.

Dan - glad to hear that you fixed your problem without needing a plumber.

Mike - hope that wasn't your truck you had to drive all over the place.

Have a good night all.

Last edited by OLD SKL 69; March 7th, 2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old March 7th, 2016, 08:39 PM

Darrell you're a funny guy.
Old March 8th, 2016, 04:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter beautimus day down ere

Played ok on de front 9 and like a Goat on de back 9

Dan, Don't forget to unscrew the screen thingy where de water comes outa de spicket. De're usually full of junk too. Sum times spiders

Mike, Jes so you know, I own 14 acres on Ga 140 in CherOkee county. I was gonna build a shopping center there but de economy went TU and Publix/Kroger both moved up de street. It would the prefect spot fer you and de pups and de fleet. I'll make ya a deal

Darrell, De toilet looks like all de ones in Cuba NO SEAT

Clint, We miss ya

Welll Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old March 8th, 2016, 07:09 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik G'mernin... needs to de-leaf da' gutters & mow da' lawn (more like spring weeds) before Elsie rears her ugly head tomorrow... Spose to be a long, drawn out affair; but I never put 100% faith in da' weather prognosticators; in fact, yesterday one of 'em admitted they really don't know how long it'll last. But it'll be good to have some free-flowin' gutters if & when it does come down....

Mike, that sounds like an offer you can't refuse. Better be careful -- might wind up w/ a horse head in ur bed...

Darrell, looks like that guy's a pretty good swimmer!

Y'all have a great one.
Old March 8th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well, a little after 3 this morning I was finishing up with a plane and the lead man called and said, go back to the shop, get your paperwork finished up and hit the road. I was like, wahoo! Just finished up and remembered I hadn't reactivated the oven I just replaced. So, back in the truck and over to the gate to push in the breaker. If I would have just left it out, that oven probably would have gotten replaced again, even though I signed it off. We don't even use the ovens on a 737, but I guess you can't have planes flying around with broke stuff on them.

Jamesbo when can I move in? I'll park the Airstream right in the middle. Or maybe Darrell can come help me pitch a tent.

There's this realtor woman in my neighborhood, speaking of Airstreams, she restores Airstreams. I might ask her to find me some property and/or a warehouse-type place(that isn't in Henry County) I could put all my stuff in. My neighbor at the shop wanted to buy the place but couldn't afford it, I bet if I sold it to him on time he'd take it.

John I need to get my gutters done, too. I used to love getting up on the roof but not so much anymore. It's a long way down. And to think when I was a kid I used to jump off the garage roof.

Okay gonna find something to do on this sunny, 70* day. Hope everyone is doing well.