The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 29th, 2015, 06:16 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening, Mawnin Crew

Yep it's rainy Temps are perfect here in the high 70's, if only this torpical moisture weren't here, we'd be quite comfortable

Originally Posted by slantflat

Scot happy happy to your daughter. I foresee the cast of Spartacus descending for a shindig.
Funny you mention the "Cast" T'was my same question to the better half. And to my astonishment, the "Cast" was no where to be found. Whew! Thanks for the birthday wishes, I will convey the message to the newly donned teenager
Originally Posted by CQR
Scot. 13.65? in what?
The '35 Dodge Coupe. I know, I know. It should be quicker than that, but truth be told I haven't really had time to put a serious tune on her. Besides the huge meats out back aren't exactly helping either. Basically I pay for insurance and the tag all year to just drive it about once or twice a month and race at our event, .... once a year
Originally Posted by sammy

Scot, if I keep working on these old cars I may need a cart or two
You need one Ted,you just don't know it. Just do us both a favor and be sure it's gas not electric

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, Glad cha made it outa de redneck Riviera before de floods came
Thanks Jim. Me too brother. It was beautiful Saturday and it held off until we decided to leave Sunday before the bottom fell out and supposedly dumped over 11" on parts of Pensacola. I did make it back in record time 5:15 hrs for right at 350 miles. This was with one quick stop to stretch.
In my entire life of stomping around in de woods. I've seen exactly 1 skunk, 0 fox squirrels, 1 albino squirrel and now 1 albino coon
Never saw a skunk in the wild, but plenty of fox squirrels and even an albino fox squirrel that my hunting partner bagged along with a pretty black and white one he had professionally mounted on a piece of driftwood. Never saw an albino coon in the wild either.

BTW, I've never seen a new pulp wood truck Scot?
Nope me neither.

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee

Scot, it was your daughter's birthday yesterday? Wow!@ We must be the same age... mine too. Went & ate sushi at one of our fave places down here in Hammond; a very nice evening. Glad y'all had a good trip to da' beach. I can almost remember when I used to do that (before tying the knot with a better half that hates beaches).
Thank you John and Happy Belated Birthday I'm not much of a "beach" fan, but you ain't gotta twist my arm but once to get to go look at all the latest fashion in the swimsuit wear category on the opposite gender

Catch y'all later G-Nite All
Old September 30th, 2015, 03:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Scot. I would have guessed 12's or better on the Dodge. And the way this year has gone, that's more often than I have had Brit out this year. Ahh, in due time.

Allan, The guy was back in with the goat yesterday. I did a little more tweaking. The secondaries were a little lean so I richened them up a bit, and he complained of a hard cold start and a start stall when hot. I told him I'd need to have it long enough to get cold so I could see what the issue was on the choke, and even though it was a good 15` colder than it has been yesterday I could see very slight percolation happening. I checked compression on a few cylinders and he wanted to see were the oil leaks were coming from. I recommended a colder thermostat to help with the hot restart and told him that most of the leakage was coming from the excessive crankcase pressure. it's blowing oil from both valve cover breathers and the pcv grommet filling the valley pan. that motor is pretty tired and needs to be gone through. I need to check the cowl tag to see if it is a real GTO. He texted me a little later saying it was leaking worse than it was before he brought it in and now it doesn't run right when just cruising. I only adjusted the secondary needle depth. I think his expectations of a 40+ year old car are slightly elevated.

Mike good luck in the hunt. I still haven't figured out what I want to do when I grow up.

John Happy Belated,

Jamesbo, I've never seen a badger in the wild, But I have heard and smelled one.

Have a day all.
Old September 30th, 2015, 03:50 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

My boy woke me up at a quarter to 5 this morning. Since I had slept in yesterday and catnapped during TV last night, I was wide awake so I just got up. I'll hit the Awful house early and maybe see some people I don't usually get to see anymore.

Scot, why do you like gas golf carts over electric ones? Ours at work do surprisingly well. We beat the hell out of them but when they go dead, they are really dead. I can only imagine how many times we'd be out of gas if we had gas ones.

No rain but everything is still a soggy mess. If we get any sun at all I might consider changing some oil. I need to find an auto parts store who still takes used oil. They are all supposed to, but to get around it they use the standard excuse, sorry the bowzer is full.

Okay have a good hump day everyone.
Old September 30th, 2015, 04:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Worm long gone~ But I ain't been on da' 'puter dis early since my workin' days. Muggy, in 70s, rising to 80s w/ scant chance of an Elsie visit today.

Yeah, Mike, once mo' around the track. The little banked oval seems to get shorter & shorter each numbered lap. Have to enjoy this one, as it's the last one that begins w/ a "5" unless I live to be 500. BTW, is there a deadline for your decision, or did you already decide to pass on the offer?

Clint, thanks. I'm going to start pulling the front end apart on the Starfire this week and put in those new LCA bushings I bought about 3 years ago. I'll prolly pull everything completely apart to clean and replace anything else that looks suspect. It's got some pretty thick shimming in the UCAs for alignment: I'm guessing some other stuff was wo-out at the last alignment, before I bought it. The guy told me he had replaced the UCA bushings; but that skin-flint shoulda' just gone thru the whole front end.

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Thank you John and Happy Belated Birthday I'm not much of a "beach" fan, but you ain't gotta twist my arm but once to get to go look at all the latest fashion in the swimsuit wear category on the opposite gender
Thanks, Scot. As for the swimwear models lounging in the sand, imagine if they'd get to exhibit their threads (and I use that term literally) without an inspection crew... what kind of world would that be? You perform a vital role, brother.

Whelpt, y'all have a great humpity, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 30th, 2015 at 04:41 AM.
Old September 30th, 2015, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Maybe Elsie's left de building

John, Don't rush into anything. I'd let de parts marinate anutter year or two.

Scot, Pensacola is my all time favortie city to dine in. [Sorry John, I like de Big Easy too but the seafood in de panhandle is awesome]

Clint, I never had a 60's muscle car dat didn't have to warm up a mite or it would stall.

MIke, We used one of dem gas golf carts Monday.They usually have them at hillier golf courses. Once I axed Donny how de know when to shut off when ya put on de brakes and when to start up when ya hit de gas. He explained it to me but I still don't have a clue how de werk.Must be sum kinda golf cart miracle.

Allan, Got any snow yet?

Speak'in of weather De Super model has us going to de outer banks in a few weeks. Hope we don't get blowed away

Have a great day Olds friends
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Jamesbo, I salute your preferences! Personally, I like da' local ershta's & crabs, but I think the Sunshine State in general might have an edge on fish. Swimps is up for grabs...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 30th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old September 30th, 2015, 08:31 AM

Clint, if the GTO is a '66-71, the vin should start with "242".
Old September 30th, 2015, 09:58 AM
CQR

Dan, It is and it does. I ran it thru the cowl tag decoder on here and colors aren't right. It's supposed to be beige with fawn interior. it's white with gold interior.
Old September 30th, 2015, 04:00 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy Fellow Oldmobilites

Had to run halfway to the beachfront condo today I had to take a cart to GA Pacific down in Cedar Springs which is 150 miles in the exact direction I take to Pensacola Oh well it beats sittin' still

Originally Posted by CQR

Scot. I would have guessed 12's or better on the Dodge. And the way this year has gone, that's more often than I have had Brit out this year. Ahh, in due time.
Yup high 12's should be the number, but considering a poor tune and a weak torque convertor (should be 3200 stall, but it flashes around 2500
) I need to put the 4-speed back in it, but it'll have to wait until after RWYB #10
Originally Posted by slantflat

Scot, why do you like gas golf carts over electric ones? Ours at work do surprisingly well. We beat the hell out of them but when they go dead, they are really dead. I can only imagine how many times we'd be out of gas if we had gas ones.
Well the #1 reason is the cost to replace the batteries every 5 - 6 years. Generally looking at $700 - $1200 per cart. #2 Would be we have several with intermittent problems that don't always act up when we are driving them. With an electric cart, it has to be acting up to correctly diagnose the problem. Solenoids and controllers are expensive. But gas ones are simple to work on and maintain. I've seen Briggs & Stratton, Robin and Kawasaki engines so far. Honestly if ya ain't golfing, ya need a gas one
Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Thanks, Scot. As for the swimwear models lounging in the sand, imagine if they'd get to exhibit their threads (and I use that term literally) without an inspection crew... what kind of world would that be? You perform a vital role, brother.
Thanks John for recognizing the one thing I've mastered

Scot, Pensacola is my all time favortie city to dine in. [Sorry John, I like de Big Easy too but the seafood in de panhandle is awesome]
Yup usually mine too, but this time I was very disappointed. Food sucked everywhere we stopped to break bread.

MIke, We used one of dem gas golf carts Monday.They usually have them at hillier golf courses. Once I axed Donny how de know when to shut off when ya put on de brakes and when to start up when ya hit de gas. He explained it to me but I still don't have a clue how de werk.Must be sum kinda golf cart miracle.
Micro-switch

Whelpt TTFN Have a great hump evenin'
Old September 30th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Stayed sunny today and got quite warm. Loved it. Went over to the shop early this afternoon and moved branches and sticks around to clean up a little.

This evening I went to get some new gym shoes. I went to the Reebok store where the young man couldn't have been less enthused about helping me. I hope he doesn't get a commission. And of course, he finished his "helpfulness" with the Jamesbo-requisite "no problem."

John I have until October 30 to make my decision. If I sign up then I have the first two weeks of November to change my mind. After that it's etched in stone. I sure hope I can come up with a plan, in my mind I've already moved on.

My boy is sleeping on the couch. He's kicking all four feet and snoring as loud as I do. I hate to wake him up, but I know he'd hate to miss ice cream. I'm sure as soon as I get up from the desk he'll be up and watching. He doesn't miss much.

Well, Thursday awaits. Have a good nigh everyone.
Old October 1st, 2015, 03:26 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Not much happenin.

Lent my trailer out and now that I need to use it I find the trailer plug ground half off and the 6 to 7 pin adapter missing. So I drove home with the skidder(bobcat Jamesbo) and no lights or brakes. I rewired it for a 7 pin when I got home. I don't understand how some people can go thru so many wiring plugs.

Have a Thursday all.
Old October 1st, 2015, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day I hope

Clint, If de can't see a big ole Bobcat how in the heck are they gonna see a little bitty light?

New truck tire day today. wonder how many more miles she'll last 245 k now.

John Back to food. I jes love the sauces they serve in de Big Easy but I'm still gonna vote fer de pan handle fer freshness. Jes can't beat a restaurant dat owns it's own shrimp boats. Now I made myself hungry.

Scot, Do you know where Magnolia Springs is? De deliver de mail by boat

Mike, What's their favorite flavor Ice cream?

Welp, Day lights burning. Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old October 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM

Looks like a little moisture and wind is headed for the east coast, ya all keep on your toes.
Old October 1st, 2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Looks like a little moisture and wind is headed for the east coast, ya all keep on your toes.
Tell dat to de Super Model [and travel agent]
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:15 AM

Tell dat to de Super Model [and travel agent]
Uh, sorry, all lines of communication have been lost!
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all...

Could be last of the cookie-cutter days; da' cool front is spose to mosey on in tonite and give us a much-needed dose of 50s at night.

Can't beat dat, Jamesbo. If you ever come down here, we need to go to Middendorf's. (20 min's from mi casa.) (If you care for catfish at all, they are the best.) I could go on & on, but that'll do it for now.

Just signed up for the AACA Fall Central Meet in Houma, LA. Might just be the only national AACA meet I'll see, so why squander the opportunity? Plus, I think the last time they had a national meet in LA was 1977.

Whelpt, let me get crackin'... tempus fugit. Have a great Thursday, Oldsmofriends.
Old October 1st, 2015, 10:59 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Was up and out early this morning. Wanted to get to the Awful house early so I wouldn't miss Robert. It's his birthday today, so we mocked him mercilessly about being 40. So old guy sitting there said good, now we're all 40. I said, well, some of us are more 40 than others. It was a good time Robert is a good sport.

Then I hit the junkyard. It's been about a month since I was there and about 90% of the yard was the same. Probably be around Thanksgiving before I go back. I got a right side brake light harness for a friend of mine's Camry. Actually his car belongs in the yard as well but he seems to like it.

Jamesbo the dogs' favorite is whatever they're eating. I guess dogs don't get brain freeze because they eat it so fast.

Clint I'm guessing that if you asked the person who you loaned the trailer to, they'd say, I don't know how that happened.

It was supposed to rain today at 1145, so far nothing. Maybe it decided not to. It's overcast and cool. Gonna find something inside to do anyway.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:13 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, He didn't have the right plug on his truck so he didn't bother. So thats what happened. And he did return the trailer freshly painted. Also he has offered me his boat to use at anytime. So I can be a little miffed, but I can't really fly off the handle.

A friends house/business burned down yesterday. Sad. Not sure she is going to be able to rebuild.

Have a Friday all.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 05:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all

Got down to mid-50s here at the Plantation... welcome, indeed -- especially with humidity below the 50% mark... rare indeed for the swamp.

Clint, real sorry to hear about your friend's home. I hope she manages to get back on her feet in the very near future.

I hadn't noticed 'til just now that I, Mike, Scot, Clint, and Ted all joined the board in 2011. I always think of myself as the "junior" member. Mike, did you just add your little slogan, "Always room for one more"? You really nailed it!

Where's Allan?

I'll be out of touch for a while; will fill everybody in when I's return early next week. 'Til then, hope all Oldsmofriends have a great weekend. And if the weather is as "bluebird" (to quote somebody I know) where you are as it is here, get out & enjoy.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 2nd, 2015 at 05:16 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie's here but stops and starts fer sum reason.

John,When I joined there weren't many members. Dats why Dan ax me to be a mod. It jes growed and growed.

Clint,so sorry to hear about your friend. Fires scare me to death. I once thought the corner store [about a mile away] was on fire so I jumped in my truck to see what was going on. After I drove about 4 miles I saw a hay barn had lit up the sky for miles

Headed Norte

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old October 2nd, 2015, 05:48 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin,

Brrr....fires are on

Scot, I should have bought a cart! Instead, I opted for a 4 post hoist...guess I will be doing up cars in my retirement

Clint, I can hear my father saying "a borrower nor a lender be". When I do borrow I return promptly and in the same or better shape....sorry about your friends loss...hopefully it works out for her.

Allan, where are ya bud?

John, have fun with whatever you are doing....I am coming your way again this winter. It is probably my parents last year in Florida, sooo I will have to drive their car home.

Have a day all
Old October 2nd, 2015, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Been misting and yucky all day today. The Real Elsie is supposed to show up sometime over night.

John, good luck with your latest retreat. Look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Ted good show with the lift. I'd love to have one. Does yours have the things that come out of the ramps so you can still get the car off its wheels?

Clint that's too bad about your friend. Hope things work out.

Well it's Monday. Got 5 to look forward to next week, so just need to get through the weekend. I need to figure out some place to go for a couple days. I could use a vacation from everything.

Okay have a good night everyone.
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Afternoon

Yup a bit rainy 'ere.

Jamesbo try to stay dry in the mountains.

Scot, Do you know where Magnolia Springs is? De deliver de mail by boat
Nope never heard of it until I goggled it.

Originally Posted by sammy
Scot, I should have bought a cart! Instead, I opted for a 4 post hoist...guess I will be doing up cars in my retirement
Do you like the 4 post better than a 2 post?

Have a great weekend all
Old October 3rd, 2015, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Elsie's ere in de mountains

Maybe, I'll take a sabatical from talking about food while John's out of pocket

Clint/Sammy , Ya still with us aren't cha. It looks like this tread is headed towards Gawga boys only

Welp, GTG enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old October 3rd, 2015, 12:00 PM

Well, lets not get carried away with the exclusivity here Jamesbo . A blah day up here, stopped and picked up a Hemmings and Hemmings Classic Cars, so between reading and football on the tube, I'm good. Speaking of food, someone was right? I think that I'll do something simple, dice up some taters, onions, sausage, corn, bell pepper, and simmer it up in a pan.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 12:15 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Weekend greetings.

Been busy with chores around the abode (John - mostly painting but no in competition witcha ). Seems like it's never ending, but at least things are getting buttoned up before the snow flies. Curling in 4 different leagues this year, and that doesn't include practices so I expect I'll be pretty busy for the winter.

2 Dr appointments next week. Hope they find what's been bugging me.

Jim - I don't think so. More than just Gawja to this thread. Your wet weather and/or clime would be welcome here. Overnight here is 34° and windy. Spoda stay like that till around Wed next week - yay, I think? Our sister city 180 miles south got snow this morning, lucky them.

Clint - Sorry to hear about the B&B. I hope they had insurance to help out with that. You'll always have customers like the Goat guy. No pleasing them it seems. Next time just hand him a screw driver and tell him to have at it. Better - show him all the pics you took of the rebuild on the carb.

Ted - I'm here. Mostly in the background though. CO isn't a high priority for me right now. I enjoy watching your vert build. Keep up the good work. Work on my 72 resumes next spring for sure. You planning to get with a curling league this year? With all the saves you're doing, I don't expect you'll have time

Scot - Stay away from those 'peeing' gas stations brother. I wonder if there's supposed to be a drain hose hooked up there?

Paul - Just cause I miss a week doesn't mean you should.
Old October 3rd, 2015, 03:01 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Rain most of last night, but none during the day today. Overcast and cool. If the weatherman did his forecast from my back yard, he'd say, 100% chance of mud.

Jamesbo how about a recipe to entice John to come back?

The line "Always room for one more" has been up there for a couple years I think. Longer than I've had the shop. I tell people, I ran out of room, so I got more room. Actually I'd be the junior of the 2011 people because I joined in October.

Work was okay last night, it lingered on. We had a B-check on a 767 and the lead said, it's a do and go. Well, he got called out of town, and the lead we got in his place never lets anyone go, and half the crew went out of town, so we didn't even get half done. Eh, that's par these days. I spent all night in a blue suit getting grease all over everything.

Time to do it all again. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old October 4th, 2015, 02:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Woim!

Yup torpical rain 'ere.

Allan I think some genius drilled a hole in the one damn column that is designed to be the drain/downspout for the flat roof

Have a great Sunday all
Old October 4th, 2015, 05:12 AM

Mawn'in

Still rain'in down ere

Glad sum of my foreign friends decided to chim in. Get's kinda lonely round ere on de weekends

Scot, Ya shoulda put a cork in dat thing an see if the roof/canopy filled up wit water and colapsed

Allan, Good luck at de doc's. Hope he finds you're healthy as a horse.

Mike, Sum of your leads make me never wanta fly again

Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends
Old October 4th, 2015, 11:00 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Scot, Ya shoulda put a cork in dat thing an see if the roof/canopy filled up wit water and colapsed

No doubt. If'n your window was down when you pulled up to the pump, you would be soaked Very good idea though Especially if I drove said cork in with a 2 lb ball peen
Old October 4th, 2015, 12:05 PM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, I'm back

You can start the food conversation, Jamesbo -- although I think Dan's picked up the slack in that last coupley days.

We were pampered guests at The (Marriott) Grand in Point Clear, AL, since Friday mornin'. Better half had her annual place-of-employment whoop-tee-do; a good time was had by all. Man, if it weren't for the daily walks down the beach boardwalk, I think I'd have gained 10 lbs, b/w the breakfast buffets and the evening feasts. Seems everybody goes down for one reason only - to eat.

Not bad vittles; but IMHO, the breakfasts are the best part. It's so nice to fill the gullet in the a.m. with folks waitin' on you, and then not havin' to wipe a table or clean a single fork. I kept thinkin' I was enterin' the Pearly Gates -- but no St. Peter to be found. They use this local brand of coffee called Royal Cup and it's pretty darn good. It's so sweet (no pun intended) when I can leave home and still get the kind of drinkin'-ink I'm used to. Jamesbo, ever hear or it? I believe it's H/Q'd in Birmingham.

This was the chilliest it's ever been in the more-than-10 years we've been doing this. The pool was closed for the first time I can recall. Friday was really blowin' up and they moved the eating venue indoors, lest they'd have had table cloths flying southward into the Gulf.

As far as the Plantation, a real dry spell is upon us. Greatest chance for rain in next 10 days, according to TWC, is 10% -- and that's a couple days out. A little heat is back upon us, as well, as it'll be pushin' 90 next day or three.

Kitties survived here for 2.5 days with bowls of food and water plus an extra litter box. Things weren't as messed up as I thought they'd be. All's well.

Thursday is our excursion to Crusin' the Coast. Should be fun... saw lots of cars on I-12 and I-10 headed that way today.

Y'all have a great rest-o'Sunday, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 4th, 2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old October 4th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Elsie just won't move on. I wonder what it would take to build a giant canopy over my house so I always have a dry yard.

Well, time for another rethink of the dogs' room. Came home this morning and the room was trashed beyond belief. I'm convinced now that it is all my girl's doing. She had managed to pull metal off the wall and dig the bottom door lock off the window covering. Her face is all swollen and she has scrapes on both sides of her face, she's lucky she didn't put out an eye, or worse. We had a smidgen of rain at the airport last night, but no thunder that I could hear. There wouldn't be thunder at home and not be heard at work. Who knows.

John sounds like a great time. And Point Clear, Alabama, sounds like a vacation destination. All that food sounds like a land-based cruise. Glad you're home safe and sound.

Don't worry, Jamesbo, the leads don't work on the planes. The leads don't do anything except lord over us like they own the place. Oh and sleep at their desks and surf ebay.

Well it's Friday. Got an extra long weekend. Scot if you're around buddy give me a shout I don't think I'm going anywhere. So we'll see if it's B-check number 3 tonight.

Have a good evening everyone. Hope the week starts out good for you.

Last edited by slantflat; October 5th, 2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old October 4th, 2015, 05:18 PM

Good evening folks.

Work has been keeping me very busy lately.

It's getting cold at night here and the heat is on. Luckily it is warmer during the day.

Have a great week everyone.
Old October 5th, 2015, 03:30 AM
CQR

Mornin all

amesbo, I'm still here, just not so much on the weekends.

Allan, unfortunately she didn't have any insurance. (She barely kept her head above water as it was (she still taught, even in her late 70's, to keep the lights on) The guy with the goat messaged me that he just bought a 389 tri power. So he thought he had drivability issues with a 4bbl. Just wait til he stomps on 6 bbl's at this altitude.

Mike, If I were you I'd take retirement in a jiffy, then I would probably be bored after about 3 weeks.

Well the missus and I had quite the weekend. The town is now a deep shade of crimson and we should really know better than to try to pull a stunt like that. We paid dearly for it yesterday and didn't get much done.

Anywho, I have a couple real special mopars coming in today. I have better get with it.

Have a day all.
Old October 5th, 2015, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Runn'in late GTG will report back after abusing whitey
Old October 5th, 2015, 06:55 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Funny, all week during the rain the weatherman kept saying, just wait it will be nice starting Monday. Then driving home this morning, as my wipers are going, they said no chance of rain today. And now that they've finally gotten their heads out of their and see what's going on, they say, oh we're gonna have rain today. Sheesh.

So I was right, B-check three days in a row. Eh, it's mindless work. Got out about an hour early this morning and came home and got ready to take my girl to the vet. They gave her a shot and some medicine and that was that. So we went to the Awful house. I got her and my boy each a sausage, but oddly enough my boy didn't like it. She scarfed it down like nothing. I should have gotten them bacon.

Clint I have every intention of taking the retirement, but before I officially sign up for it I want to do a little more research. I can't imagine life without Delta. I want to make certain I can still eat and live inside until my real retirement.

Well since I'm still up, I might as well stay up. It will be inside stuff today, shouldn't be too strenuous. If the "no rain" will stop raining we might have a cruise in at Summit tonight.

Jamesbo whack Whitey good. See you guys.
Old October 6th, 2015, 05:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Dag nabbit John, Now I'm hungry.

Well Now Mickey D's has breakfast all daylong Luv their has browns

Mike, What's a B check Is dat like when ya go to de shoe show an check out de bodies?

Let's pay a game. Where has de Super model rented a house for a vacation?
Old October 6th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity

Overcast so far at the Plantation, but no Elsie expected (EVER?) and spose to hit close to 90 today. Put the sweaters back in the moth-balled chest.

Speaking of food (again), Jamesbo, tonite's the fundraiser for a charitable organization I belong to and we will be stuffing our faces yet again. It's at a little place here in Ponchatoula called Cafe NOLA. I've never been there, but it's supposed to be very good, although nothing fancy. Hopefully, everything will be good and a good time will be passed by all.

Lots to be grateful for down here, with all the flooding in the Carolinas. Jamesbo, I'll play the game. Hilton Head?

Whelpt, y'all have a great humpity, Oldsmofriends.
Old October 6th, 2015, 06:21 AM

John, Close very close
Old October 6th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Captain Starfire

OK... Savannah... my final answer.

BTW, if anybody has any thoughts about the two issues I posted in the Brakes and the Chassis topic sections of CO, you are cordially invited to chime in.

OK again... time to go out and hit the chores.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; October 6th, 2015 at 07:15 AM.