The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old January 23rd, 2011, 05:31 AM

Mawn'i sez

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I'm not gonna comment on the video......

Sandy must of thunk the Croc was goofy look'in too. I never could see the thing. Kinda like de waterfall. I wonder if all "look'in fer de waterfall" pics were deleted with the Old "Goodmoorning" thread.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I wonder if all "look'in fer de waterfall" pics were deleted with the Old "Goodmoorning" thread.
Jamesbo... I'm afraid they've gone to that big ether in the sky!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Jamesbo... I'm afraid they've gone to that big ether in the sky!
Fear not, If anyone wants the watefall pic back, jes ax.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

You save everything, too!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and crisp 13 degrees here. Sun is out weak. Getting ready to go to Wal Mart. I hate to go out in this cold....

Jamesbo.... no, I didn't see the croc, lol, but did see more than I wanted to..... I liked the soup better than the video, lol. Thinking of making sloppy joes later today. Will have to see. Been hungry for macaroni salad lately. Might have to make some.

Gotta go. Have a nice day all!
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

I'm axing.
That image has significant historical significance, lucky it was saved from the destruction. The deletion of the Good Morning thread will be compared with the destruction of the Ancient Library of Alexandria by historians in the future annals of history. Poets and minstrels will compose verse and song to lament its demise.
They say the human race was set back a thousand years because of the loss of all the knowledge in the library's fate. The damage done to mankind by the destruction of the Good Morning thread is still being calculated by scholars in think tanks across the globe and it looks bleak.

I still don't think there's a waterfall in that pic, and I've checked thoroughly daily.
It's like a cruel version of Here's Waldo with no Waldo...that would keep the little rugrats busy for hours looking for him though? You could tell them they only get to eat after they find him and save money on groceries too.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 11:42 AM

Here ya go blue

Yes, The historic loss of the origional Good Morning Thread is massive. But, it keeeps me from typing TTT over and over

IMHO

It beats the heck out of Richard's plumbing problem pics and Joe's Fake JFK Ambulance pic.

See I do have a purpose on CO and contribute lasting valuable information. Heck, Ya'll might starve w/o me.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
...should get a life....

Morning. Headed for just under 100F in Sydney's west today and well over 100F by Wednesday which is our National Australia Day Holiday. Already planned the day. Indoors, air conditioner on, watching the cricket.
I'd say you cleared the snow off the roof just in time Ken. I guess if you keep throwing the ball for Jake he'll eventually clear the yard as well judging by the tracks he's made.
What's the round railing down the back?
Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Morning. Headed for just under 100F in Sydney's west today and well over 100F by Wednesday which is our National Australia Day Holiday. Already planned the day. Indoors, air conditioner on, watching the cricket.
I'd say you cleared the snow off the roof just in time Ken. I guess if you keep throwing the ball for Jake he'll eventually clear the yard as well judging by the tracks he's made.
What's the round railing down the back?
39c! That's just too hot for me (unless there's a beach near by. I remember when I lived in Greece, some days were upper 30's but because we were near the sea, it didn't feel that hot. My perfect temp here is 24-25c. Believe it or not, my house has central air. Was in it when we bought, go figure. We use it 3-4 weeks out of the summer.

I did clear the roof just in time. I knew that when it goes above freezing the snow will get heavy and the bottom layer will turn to ice. In the papers today they were reporting a number of buildings and houses that had roof cave ins. No one was hurt but lots of damage. Also a speed shop (SoCal)in the town just west of Edmonton that stores old cars had a cave in too. No cars were damaged from what I heard. http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmo.../16995431.html

That "round thing" in the backyard is the frame of 14' trampolene. I just removed the springs and netting and put them in the shed. All the snow would have streached the springs, to a point where they wouldn't have any bounce left so I took them off but left the aluminum frame.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 03:09 PM

Yes, The historic loss of the origional Good Morning Thread is massive. But, it keeeps me from typing TTT over and over

IMHO

It beats the heck out of Richard's plumbing problem pics and Joe's Fake JFK Ambulance pic.

See I do have a purpose on CO and contribute lasting valuable information. Heck, Ya'll might starve w/o me.
That's what you guys are talking about! I've seen that waterfall picture before...I just never noticed the waterfall . I know it as the picture of the girl pionting to something off camera.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
...should get a life....

Originally Posted by 442much
That's what you guys are talking about! I've seen that waterfall picture before...I just never noticed the waterfall . I know it as the picture of the girl pionting to something off camera.
What girl
If our White Pointers looked like your white pointers I might even venture back into the surf again
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A balmy 6 degrees here this morning! It was 2 around 6:30 am. It's friggin cold! Going up in the 20's later which will feel really good, lol! Brian is giving everyone the weather report on the phone this morning.... our people in NY are saying it's like -21 there! Ouch! I had a nice bowl of Cinnamon Roll oatmeal and a yogurt for breakfast. Brought leftover hamburger soup for lunch. Yummmmmm...

Spring can't get here fast enough. I still haven't started taking the trunk rubber off of Teepo yet... too cold out there. I'll get to it eventually. I have to find a place that will paint her rims too before show season, since Don Sitts couldn't do it last year. Hope I find someone I can trust with her!

Well have a good day all!
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in sez

Sandy,

Glad ya enjoyed de soup.

I guess ya noticed, healthy liv'in, exercies, and juicing will only take ya so far.

I remember when I was a pup my dear ole departed mom watch'in Jack LeLane on de black and white Sylvania TV and try'in to do his exercies.

Today, I either got to go get my ears lovered or put on a flea collar one.

My Suburban is hick up'in so, I've been driv'in de Vista Cruiser. Hope it don't snow again. I don't think she's gets very good traction with that 455.
Old January 24th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hi Jamesbo! Yep, I remember exercising with Jack LaLanne when I was little. Mom always watched him. I liked his white dog, Happy. He had some other ones too, I think. He lived a long healthy life, that's for sure. I don't think I'll see 96 years old!
Old January 24th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Registered

Hi Jamesbo! Yep, I remember exercising with Jack LaLanne when I was little. Mom always watched him. I liked his white dog, Happy. He had some other ones too, I think. He lived a long healthy life, that's for sure. I don't think I'll see 96 years old!

He was almost 14 years old in dog years.

I wonder if he's going to be buried, cremated, or juiced?
Old January 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

So..... it's a long boring day here, and I got on Fusicks website, and I didn't know they had a new catalog that came out in September! They have lots of new stuff in there!!! Even Vista stuff now! You know I saw lots of stuff I want......

Blue...... do ya think we could put a new package tray in Teepo? And get the build sheet outa there??

Question..... before I buy a new gas door assembly (because it's easier), hers has a little rust on the inside and I was going to work on it.... what color were the inside of those, or what paint would I use to make it look original again?

I still have to use my Fusicks gift certificate........
Old January 24th, 2011, 02:44 PM
...should get a life....

Another muggy one down here. Last day before a 3 day break. Heading 4 hours up the north coast to Mum's place to celebrate her 80th. She's as fit as a fiddle and sharp as a knife. Still does "Meals on Wheels" delivering food to people younger than her and plays comp croquet. This is the little village of Green Point where she lives. She has 270degree water views. That's the Pacific on the top left & Wallace Lake is the rest. Not much separates them.
Her place is one of those closest to the centre of the pic.
Old January 24th, 2011, 04:43 PM

Very cool place! But I hear Brisbane has 360 degree water views . How's that situation coming along?
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Check THIS out !

Flash flood in Toowoomba , Australia
on January 10, 2011........ the last few seconds looks like the parking lot of the local YWCA

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=kYUpkPTcqPY
Old January 24th, 2011, 05:23 PM
...should get a life....

Very cool place! But I hear Brisbane has 360 degree water views . How's that situation coming along?
Slowly. The place looked better when it was under water. Once the water subsides and the mud, rubbish & devastation is all that's left in many places the real impact and resulting heartache surfaces. 22,000 volunteers turned up to help. House by house, street by street, suburb by suburb. The army and emergency services are all over the place and the govt is mustering corporate Australia and licensed trades-people to band together for the rebuild.
They found another body yesterday. Still more missing. There are massive fundraising activities all over Australia and I see in Hollywood the glitterazzi have held functions as well. Awesome! It'll take a long time and there are a number of insurance companies ducking for cover. I think the aftermath of this will see our insurance rules change. Everyone thinks they have automatic flood cover with their home & contents insurance but in many cases that isn't so. Of course the insurance companies get the blame but IMO it's up to people to know what they're paying for. Although if a broker or agent has told you something different then that's another thing and they should be liable. Problem is that lawyers have become involved and now we have 100 definitions of the word "flood". To me its when water covers the ground where it shouldn't....but I'm not a lawyer so what would I know
It'll be sorted out after a while. Meanwhile in Victoria they have their own flood crisis. A helluva way to kick off the new year.
Old January 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Morning all,
I should say good night as most of you are getting ready for bed in the US. We had a cold front go through last night. It was 58F (14.5C) when I got up.
Col Wickham, sorry to hear about your flood damage but glad no one was injured in your family. We also had floods over here. The worst flooding in 50 plus years. We were lucky as our house is built on an elevated plot so there was no water damage but half our town was under water. We live about 10km outside of town and all the roads into town were flooded for about a week. Then you needed a highrider truck for another week. Here are a few pixs.

This is the entrance to the hospital. That's a roof of an SUV.

Our neighborhood
Attachment 184329

My wife in our neighborhood.
Attachment 184330
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:18 PM
...should get a life....

Gotta love a monsoon
Old January 24th, 2011, 09:33 PM

Gotta love a monsoon
You know, it possible that snow is not so bad after all, especially if you're use to it. Did I just say that? There are avalanche warnings for the Rockies. Some plows came by tonight and our street is clear.... Supposed to be 7c on Wednesday...
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:03 AM
...should get a life....

There's something screwy with this photo.
Check out the driveway and front lawn of the place he's "paddling" past. Dry as a bone.
And where are his legs? That ain't a real big boat. I reckon that water is about 6" deep and he's actually crawling along on his knees though a waist size hole in the hull. Probably just somebody's sewer backed up
Some people will do anything to get their photo took
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:39 AM

There's something screwy with this photo.
Check out the driveway and front lawn of the place he's "paddling" past. Dry as a bone.
And where are his legs? That ain't a real big boat. I reckon that water is about 6" deep and he's actually crawling along on his knees though a waist size hole in the hull. Probably just somebody's sewer backed up
Some people will do anything to get their photo took
Yes , I thought it was a testament to good sandbagging at the gates .

I recall some years hence, the civil defence was racing around in the early morning with sirens blaring to get people out of bed as the streams were rising fast .(l recall helping them carry older or disabled people from their homes ) And then in comes the army ,trucks laden with sandbags and everyone uncertain as to where they should be placed !! Instructions came to the ranks and us civilians to lay them in front of the shop doors .Approx. 2hrs later , light came , the water receeded and the sandbags had ensured the 2 ft of water remained in the shops with the footpaths perfectly useable on the outside

Brazil is another place really struggling with water at present.--no not the amazon --800 dead and climbing . Mind Australia is a strange one at present--normally grizzling about droughts which puts up the price of grain or milk . Now it`s rain with the same result .
Just being flippant , ofcourse it`s the deaths n destruction of families that is the issue .
Old January 25th, 2011, 01:31 AM

Why would I want to put a trick photo on the forum. Not something you joke about. Many people lost there lives during this flood. There is at least 3 feet of water in that pic. Not sure why he/she looks that way. Here are some more pixs to show you I am not pulling anyones leg.

The water get deeper as you head towards the lake.
Attachment 184326

The lake is on the right.
Attachment 184327

The lake is straifgt ahead. Actually now the lake extends for about 2km. This pix was taken about 5 days after the water crested.
Old January 25th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Captain of my ship

Well I guess people need to start moving to higher elevations as flood plains are going to be just that for the next little while. Our weather here has been ok though that does not mean things could not change. If we get lots of rain this spring then flooding will happen. they are actually calling for rain on Thursday and a fair bit of it , this following -38 temps with the wind chill just yesterday? Then it is going to freeze up again. I feel lousey enough most days without the wet weather in January.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:02 AM

Good morning.

One of my classes was cancelled today (unfortunately not the first one) so I have some free time between classes.

Ken, can you please send some of that heat this way? It is still freezing here. On Sunday it reached about -40 (don't need to convert that, C and F meet at that point). It has warmed up a somewhat today. It was only -20C (-4F) this morning and snowing.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late morning all!

I had to take Larry to have a medical procedure done this morning, so I just got in here a few minutes ago. Doesn't look like I missed anything, lol.

It's gray and cloudy and depressing here, but in the 30's. Feels much better outside than it has! Going to get colder later in the week.

Nicole's job she's been doing at the printing place is over. But the temp agency called with another assignment this morning, so she has to call the lady back. Hope the hours are convenient to mine so I can schlep her around when it's freezing. I remember when she had a nice little car....... :O

Rdrokit.... Those flood pics are terrible! My.... the poor people and businesses. I feel bad for people in floods no matter where they are. Water and mud and sewage and mold and rot.... Yuck! It's just terrible.

The weather just keeps getting stranger and stranger. Could be some truth to the world ending next year - who knows?

Wolfie.... nice to hear from you! Hope you don't get flooded too.

Well have a nice day all!
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hey Jamesbo..... Where are you today? I miss you! Gotta go back and finish checking out the new Fusick catalog now, lol!
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM

Hey Jamesbo..... Where are you today? I miss you!
Well let me see ere,

Got a sick dog, a sick employee and visted another friend who is wheel chair bound in de city.

Gee Louise, betwix de floods and de snow. De good ole "New" Good morning thread is getting worse than real life.
Old January 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Cutlass Lover

Who needs reality shows, lol! Well it sounds like you're having a busy day. Hope the "sickies" aren't real seriously sick. Better relax with some rotten taters, lol!
Old January 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
...should get a life....

Quote[Why would I want to put a trick photo on the forum. Not something you joke about. Many people lost there lives during this flood. There is at least 3 feet of water in that pic. Not sure why he/she looks that way. Here are some more pixs to show you I am not pulling anyones leg.]

Sorry dude, no offense met. Obviously the place is flooded ,no doubt the perimeter was sandbagged and I didn't think for one minute you were pulling anyone's leg. I tend to try find a light side to most negative situations. It's how I deal with things. Lots of Aussies do. There are already jokes flying around about the Qld flood just as there were about Azaria Chamberlain, the baby who got taken by a dingo years ago...within a couple of days of the event. Some find it offensive but for the rest of us it's how we deal with the **** that happens day to day.
Once again, sorry if I offended anyone but it probably won't be the last time.

It's Australia Day and it's supposed to hit 42c in Sydney's west, 33c in the city. It's not there yet but it's mighty humid. Just off the mower(again) and looking forward to a cold shower, a cold beer and a lazy afternoon watching the cricket.

Enjoy your day
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM

Late morning all!

I had to take Larry to have a medical procedure done this morning, so I just got in here a few minutes ago. Doesn't look like I missed anything, lol.
Don't tell me he's having an axe removed! I was just informed that marriage is like a card game....at first all it takes is a couple of hearts and a diamond. After a few years you're hoping for a club and a spade....
Old January 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM

Quote[Why would I want to put a trick photo on the forum. Not something you joke about. Many people lost there lives during this flood. There is at least 3 feet of water in that pic. Not sure why he/she looks that way. Here are some more pixs to show you I am not pulling anyones leg.]

Sorry dude, no offense met. Obviously the place is flooded ,no doubt the perimeter was sandbagged and I didn't think for one minute you were pulling anyone's leg. I tend to try find a light side to most negative situations. It's how I deal with things. Lots of Aussies do. There are already jokes flying around about the Qld flood just as there were about Azaria Chamberlain, the baby who got taken by a dingo years ago...within a couple of days of the event. Some find it offensive but for the rest of us it's how we deal with the **** that happens day to day.
Once again, sorry if I offended anyone but it probably won't be the last time.

It's Australia Day and it's supposed to hit 42c in Sydney's west, 33c in the city. It's not there yet but it's mighty humid. Just off the mower(again) and looking forward to a cold shower, a cold beer and a lazy afternoon watching the cricket.

Enjoy your day
Happy Australia Day Col. Hey I was caught laughing at a funeral...with the dead guy's son. His older brother told the people who were getting mad, that people have different ways of releasing emotion, "So get on with it." I can't tell you what we were laughing at.
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:24 PM
...should get a life....

Happy Australia Day Col. Hey I was caught laughing at a funeral...with the dead guy's son. His older brother told the people who were getting mad, that people have different ways of releasing emotion, "So get on with it." I can't tell you what we were laughing at.
Gee you & I are alike Ken. When I was 19 I laughed through one of my best mate's funerals. I switched off from the service and just remembered the funny times we'd had together...and there were hundreds. He was a crack-up in a serio-comic kind of way. I had to leave the chapel.
Thanks for the Australia Day wishes mate. Hottest one for 20 years and I took the elite athlete out to a late lunch in the convertible. Came home at 70mph trying to create a little wind-chill factor to no avail. It got to 40c with high humidity. Currently sweating the beer out as fast as it's going in.
Love the smiley with the Aussie flag. Praying for a cool change before bed time. A little snow would be nice
Old January 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM

Happy Australia day everyone, aussie or not I did some mowing today as well Col, 5 hours of it, to hot around 35c and to top it off I had no beer in the fridge Just back from a bottle-o run. All good now

Ken your one funny bloke lol, love the joke.

Here is a pic of a statute out the front of a foozeball stadium when the water was up inside the stadium. Whoever put it up wouldn't get away with it normally but with the flood and the aussie way of looking at things they did.

Take care all,

Adrian
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM

On late today, it's 3pm here which means most of you are tucked in bed by now. Had to take the misses to the hospital this morning. She has had the flu the past week and was not getting any better. She was up all night coughing. They gave her about 5 different kinds of pills and some cough syrup and said come back in 5 days if you don't get any better. The total cost of the visit and meds was 780 baht which is about $25 US. Medical services are inexpensive over here and yet they are excellent quality. My wife had a cervical cancer operation (the tumors were benign thank god) and spent 4 days in one of the best hospitals in Thailand and the total cost was $2500 US.
Col, you are forgiven, I forgot you were Aussie Some of my best friends over here are from Australia, nice blokes. Much better than those Brits Had a good friend named Harry have to move back to Australia as they would not pay him his government pension if he lived outside of Australia so he had to go back and set up an address over there for awhile before he comes back here. Brits can collect their pensions over here but can not get cost of living increases. The US government will pay your social security benefits anywhere except if you are living in a communist county like Vietnam or N. Korea.
Cutlassgal, Thanks for the kind words, There were many people that needed help over here. Our local VFW Post (which I am a member of) and the Veteran Wife's Club got together, raise money, bought food then delivered it to rescue centers in the area.
Have a new addition to our family, Our neighbor rescued this little kitten from the local dogs just before they ate her. We call her Luckie as she was really lucky. Have not had a pet in years, it is a nice addition to our family. Here she is.
Attachment 184316

Be safe you all and you can call me Byron (which is my given name) of B which I will answer to
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's around 27 degrees out here - gray and ugly, but no breeze and the birds are singing. It's kinda nice. Gonna get back to the frigid cold this weekend.

I love getting on here and reading the posts, lol! You guys are funny!! Ken.... that's a funny and true joke, lol!

Rdrokit.... you'll get used to the Colonel's sense of humor. He's just a "plick", lol!

What a pretty kitty!!!! And how nice she was saved! That's a great thing. I wish I could have lots of cats. I love em!

Jamesbo.... hope your dog and your employee are feeling better today!

I'm gonna order a few things from my buddy Dave at Fusicks today. Haven't talked to him for a while! I'm sure he misses me, lol!

It's quiet and boring in here again. Gonna be a long day. Have a good one all!
Old January 26th, 2011, 07:11 AM

I wish I could have lots of cats. I love em
I boxed up Mosby and he should be there before your Fusick's order arrives. Be careful opening the box. He's got claws like razor wire.

Thanks for your concerns. Ralph [The Wonder dog] has some kinda blood problem that [hopefully] we've got under control.

Unfortunately, my friend and former employee has inoperaable cancer. I cook her up a few meals and visit once a week.

A word to the wise for women. I know most are religious about checking out two parts of their bodies. PLEASE don't forget to get blood work done to see if you have other problems.

So Happy Australia Day [or was that yesterday] Can't keep this date line thing straight.

Search this Thread