The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

You're right Jamesbo..... it's the cow on the flat rock out here again today. I'm about sick of rain!!! Don's cruise was canceled last night. Larry can't mow the yard cause it's so stinkin wet. We're gonna have a hayfield by the time it gets mowed. I sure as heck hope June is hot and friggin dry!!!!!!!! They're even talkin a chance of some snow flakes mixing in with rain tonight and tomorrow morning! I can't believe it. Guess I'll move the plants back inside the breezeway tonight, that I lugged out to the deck the other day.

Well I climbed in Teepo's trunk last night and gave the package tray area a nice coat of rust encapsulator. She has some rust up under there I noticed last year, so I've been in there sanding away working on it. Wiped it all down last night and sprayed away. Got her all covered up with sheets and plastic. Newspapers across the trunk divider to protect it. Just doing a little at a time. I have to order some brush on stuff cause it's too hard to spray in there. Not a lot of room, lol. Too close to my face trying to spray with that tall can. And that crap stinks! Came out pretty good. Gonna put some paint on tonight.

Whapped my knee on the edge of the trunk - it's black and blue this morning. Got a nice stainless exhaust tip the other day, but it wouldn't fit over the tail pipe. They said it is 2.25", but I think it must be 2.50". Gonna run to Autozone at lunch and get a 2-1/2" one and try that. Worse case, it won't fit and I'll take it back.

I have to go vote today too. We have some kind of property tax thing on the ballot that we have to vote on. I'm sure the rain will keep a lot of people away. Then when the tax passes, they'll be the first ones to bitc* about it!

Jamesbo.... I don't know where Blue is. I sent him a pm last week or so, but he hasn't answered me. I worry. I sure miss him.

Citcap..... nice to hear from ya! Hope the weather holds for your cruise! I know how you feel, lol!!

Adrian..... I appreciate it! Love ya, lol!

Well have a good day all!

PS..... did ya look at the Olds calendar today, lol!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 3rd, 2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Redgoat/Blue withdrawl
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:06 AM

Sandy, You're gonna regret putting a Chinesium Auto Zone chrome tip on your car. It's start to rust in about a year. Find a good one sum whar.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:16 AM

Good morning all

Supposed to stop raining today and the sunshine back tomorrow just when I leave for Mississippi again for three days. Oh well at least I still have a job so I won't whine. Except its hard to get any work done on the cars with all the traveling I have been doing lately.

Adrian,
Did you do alright picking out the bearings you needed. If I can help out in anyway let me know. Good golf score by the way. Sure would beat the pants off of me.

Sandy,
I agree with Jamsbo those cheap things start to rust almost right away. Teepo deserves better than that. Sorry about your knee I know just how that feels.

Whats with Blue anyway sure miss his humor. Hope he gets over his mad and comes back. Not sure what the issue is? Can anyone enlighten me? I have been gone so much I missed something
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well, what is a good one?? I thought stainless would be good??
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:03 AM

A couple of idiots here bashed him for pointing out the success of the Vista Cruiser, by showing that the Ford Country squire outsold the Olds, like that had anything to do with the quality/sales impact of the Olds. Jumped his case bad. NO EXCUSE! for them.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well that's terrible!!!!! I must have missed that somewhere. Some guys do get carried away, I've noticed.

Come back Blue..... Pay no attention to those who think their opinions are always the right ones! We still love you and miss you!!!! See, if you were here, you could help me with my exhaust tip search. I value your advice and opinion myself!!!!! Heck we all know you know cars. Look at what you've done with the Vista, and the GTO and with Teepo!!

Just ignore those who know no better and do a lot of loud talking to make up for their lack of knowledge and other things. Creeps.....

Think I'm gonna go to Summit for the exhaust tip. I'd love to take the car, if it would ever stop raining!!!!!! Autozone and O'Reilly's didn't have anything I liked.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM

sounds like Sandy needs to drive by Blue's place..

Last edited by crzyjef; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by crzyjef
sounds like Sandy needs to drive by Blue's place..
X2

Please do so Sandi, we all miss him and you are the closest to him
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:09 PM
Cutlass Lover

The thought has occured to me, but I don't want him to get mad at me if I'm interfering where I shouldn't be or something, ya know?? I really miss him. I thought maybe something happened to Laura's mom - she wasn't in very good health the first part of April, and Laura was going over to her house a lot and such. I don't know. Blue has a birthday coming up soon too! Sure wish he'd get back on here.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Cutlass Lover

You're funny, Jamesbo!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:39 PM

How ya see it now ya don't
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda chili dis mawn'in.

A front came thru last night and watered everything down. Was gonna set out sum maters but I guess it will have to wait til de garden dries out a might.

A good bud whose alot younger than me dropped by fer a visit last nite. He was a GREAT golfer til he got marriaged. Spent a few hours explain'in how marriage is. I just shook my head and said, " You're preach'in to de choir."

Poor kid went to Q school and everything. Now he works, walks de dog, cleans house, cooks and gets nagged to.
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another cloudy rainy morning out here, and 41 degrees. Supposed to me sunny tomorrow!! Better be - I plan on attending my first cruise in tomorrow evening!! Teepo is excited to see her friends, lol!

Got the package tray area in the trunk painted last night. I'm proud of myself! Came out lookin pretty good for someone who didn't know what she was doing, lol!! Teepo told me she feels much better! Still some to do on the tops of the quarter panels, but I'll do it later. I'm not putting the spare or the mats in the trunk till I get this job done. I ordered some brush on rust stuff from Eastwoods yesterday - ain't no way I can spray it under the quarters. Not enough room.

Brian is gonna be out of the office tomorrow and Friday, down in Cincinnati making customer calls. It will be nice and quiet in here, lol! No whining!!!

I took Nicole to a "female" doctor yesterday and she got set up with birth control, and they had a nice long talk about things. I figured it's better to be safe than sorry. She sure can't handle having any kids at this point in her life. You know they're gonna do it, so might as well be protected!! My mom never talked to us about these things, too embarrassed or something I guess, but looking back, I wish she would have! I think it's important.

Well have a good day all, and stay dry!!
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM

Morning all, the weather looks to be clearing up around here but now I've said that it will probably rain for the next week

Any time Sandy

I know all about silica Jamesbo, I work with the stuff every day, but in liquid form for the most part. Thank for the heads up about it being in the sand blastin grit though. It prob says it on the label but I'm not one to read those things I can usually figure things out without them unless it's build in China, then if you forget one little step the thing will blow up in ya face lol

Second day shift today, man I am not build for early mornings anymore

Pat, I have to have crank tested for roundness and all that first then I will get either standard or .010 under. Thanks for the advice on which brand to get ,muchly appreciated

Blue, where are you? We sure miss your humor around here.

Well it's that time so I will get off this and drag my butt to work Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:45 AM

I feel so bad I got a worried mind
Hope Blue's a lurking just to pass the time
Gonna ask him to please be kind
Blue where are you?

We want you back today,
Come what may, Blue where are you?
'Cause the weathers fine and it's cruisin' time
Blue where are you?

I hear Sandy's whine, it's going up my spine
Now Adrian's doing it on Aussie time
Oh some sweet day you gotta make our day
and get postin' online

'Cause we'll alway be blue, until we hear from you
BLUE WHERE...ARE....YOUUUUUUUUU

Apologies to Linda Ronstad
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Sandy TMI

I'm speachless [for once]

Still try'in to figger out if the doctor was a "lady" or she was a "lady's Doctor."

Never mind.

I don't need to know.
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

LOL! You crack me up, Jamesbo! She was both! Isn't it nice having a woman on the forum, lol!!

Ken..... Great attempt! If Blue doesn't appreciate that, I don't know what he will appreciate! I am gonna keep whinin though, so get used to it. Blue is my hero, ya know, and I'm in withdrawl........
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in everone

Anutter Blue Bird day.

Still too wet to plant but maybe dis weekend we'll put sum seeds in de ground.

GTG Have a good one
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!!!!

WE HAVE SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!

I forgot that the sky is actually BLUE and not gray! "Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day"!!!!!!! It's in the 40's now. Had some heavy frost last night.

I'm going to the first cruise in of the season tonight!!! The guy that runs it sent us all an email yesterday asking if we would be willing to bring our cars out, since it's supposed to be dry today! There better be a parking space left on the blacktop when I get there. Most of the old retired guys (lol) get there early. I'm not parking in the grass, that's for sure!!

I am soooo looking forward to it! I'll be takin pics and posting them. You know how I am, lol! I can't wait to see my friend Ron with the Cutlass S and see how he likes the Olds calendar I got for him. I dropped it off before Christmas at the police station where he is a volunteer, since I didn't have his address. He's such a nice guy!

It's quiet in here without Brian whining about anything! I like it when he's not here, lol!!

I went out and dug up thistles and Rose Campion's out of my front flower bed last night for about 3 hours!! The rose campion is kinda like a lambs ear... it has velvety leaves and gets a very little magenta colored flower on it. They get tall and are very pretty, but the seeds blow everywhere and new ones start growing! They took over the flower bed - I musta pulled up a hundred of them!! My back hurts today, lol!

Well have a great day all!
Old May 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Cutlass Lover

The sun is still shining, it's 64 degrees, and we're going cruising!!!! I've been waiting for this since September!! Ok, bye!!
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Geeze,

I got up early jes to see Sandy's first trophy of de season. WTH is go'in on round ere?
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

You're funny Jamesbo!!! No trophies at a cruise in, but I did win a free sandwich coupon in the drawing, lol! God it was soooooo nice to be out amongst the cars again! I got lots of hugs from my friends! I missed them. I even saw a lady I used to work with in a previous life, many years ago! It was great to see her! I'll post some pics when I get them downloaded.

Teepo ran well - no problems with her new water pump or anything. Front drivers side blinker not blinking. When headlights are on, the arrow on the dash lights up dimmly and stays on. This happened a few times last summer. There's a loose wire or something somewhere. Blue even looked at it at a show last summer, and cleaned the contacts in a plug in thing. It's not the bulb, I replaced it. I don't know. I'll have to figure it out.

It's getting cloudy here now, supposed to have some rain later..... surprise! Gonna be a wet weekend. Can't believe how late I am on here today, lol!!

Have a good day all!
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Teepo ran well - no problems with her new water pump or anything. Front drivers side blinker not blinking. When headlights are on, the arrow on the dash lights up dimmly and stays on. This happened a few times last summer. There's a loose wire or something somewhere. Blue even looked at it at a show last summer, and cleaned the contacts in a plug in thing. It's not the bulb, I replaced it. I don't know. I'll have to figure it out.
!
I'd check the loose nut behind the steering wheel.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Remind me whenever I finally meet you, to smack ya, you shi*!!!!!
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:51 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'd check the loose nut behind the steering wheel.
Years ago when I still worked in the computer tech support and repair business we actully wrote C2KI error on our work orders. This stood for Chair-To-Keyboard-Interface Error. I wonder if this is the same kind of problem. Another favourite of ours was the UBD error, or User-Brain-Dead error.

Wow, it was soooo cool to be a geek in the early 90's.

Adam

P.S. I never thought that Cha Cha was "dim," even with the Chebbie stripes on her car. Boy I miss Blue too. We need more Sandy ribbing!
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:12 AM

Reminder to Sandy

When you finally do me jamesbo smack him up side de head.

Truthfully, I don't Ohio even in my distant future. It rains too much and it's too cold. [As I'm sure EVERYONE on the Good mornig post knows rote ad nausium ]
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks Adam..... I think, lol! I know I have a few loose wires of my own, lol, but I'll get to the bottom of Teepo's problem.

Jamesbo..... you're on a roll today, bud! I'll meet you whenever I finally get to take the trip to the south I want to take. I wouldn't ask anyone to come here, believe me!! I want to go where it's warm!!

Blue's birthday is Sunday!! How about that - a day for Laura and a day for Blue on the same day! Lord, I miss him......
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:25 AM

Morning all,
I can't believe what I just read ( No Trophies). You're slipping Sandy.

Your light problem sounds like a poor contact on one of the light contacts, could even be the plug on the back of the head light.

Jamesbo, If Sandy ever does meet you, and she does smack you for all the times she has promised you a smack . You're gonna need alot of Asprin.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well Bulldog, our cruise in's don't have trophies. Just our car shows. And once show season starts, I plan on bringing home a few more, lol! At the cruise in's they just have drawings for different door prizes, and the big drawing for the 50/50 raffle at the end of it.

I've smacked Blue a few times.... I'll have to be gentler with Jamesbo... he's.... older!!
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Certifiable car addict...

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
Years ago when I still worked in the computer tech support and repair business we actully wrote C2KI error on our work orders. This stood for Chair-To-Keyboard-Interface Error. I wonder if this is the same kind of problem. Another favourite of ours was the UBD error, or User-Brain-Dead error.

Wow, it was soooo cool to be a geek in the early 90's.

Adam

P.S. I never thought that Cha Cha was "dim," even with the Chebbie stripes on her car. Boy I miss Blue too. We need more Sandy ribbing!
I used to work as a mechanic, and now I'm in computer tech support. Hardware thankfully. I had enough of phone support for a while. The current terminology is "PEBKAC"

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Some days I wish I was still working on cars for a living, but then I remember in those days I wanted to trade the tools, cars, and garage for a barn, a pasture and a couple horses. The grass is always grenner...

I should figure out where Twinsburg is and see if I want to swing up that way sometime. I think it's the other corner of the state though. I'm on the Indiana border NW of Cincy. Weather's sucked here too big time for months now. Snow, rain, monsoons, tornados... I just want summer to be here so I can get the boat on the water again and drown me some worms.

-Jeff

Last edited by GTI_Guru; May 6th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM

Morning all, very brisk ride home from work today, around 45 with wind chill of f*#king cold

If any one asks me about a problem and the answer is simple I tell them to get a pen and write down "it is a ID10T error"

By the sounds of things there is a very little amount of power going from your headlight to your blinker when you turn them on. Look at the blinker when you turn the headlights on, if the bulb is even a little on that is your problem. Your rear blinker should be lit a little too as they are on the same circuit. If this is the case check all the wires around both the blinker and the headlight, might have a faulty one there. JMO hope it helps

Time for bed, have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old May 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well Bulldog, our cruise in's don't have trophies. Just our car shows. And once show season starts, I plan on bringing home a few more, lol! At the cruise in's they just have drawings for different door prizes, and the big drawing for the 50/50 raffle at the end of it.

I've smacked Blue a few times.... I'll have to be gentler with Jamesbo... he's.... older!!
Sandy I didn't know that cruise in's don't give trophies. I've never been involved in shows or cruises . I just drive my car I don't put it in shows.
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Spent the day in Ravenna taking Lin shopping. We had breakfast out where Jean works, and then Jean joined us when she got off work. It was a decent day until late afternoon, then it rained. Larry attempted to mow, but tractor started sinking, so he couldn't. It's just so wet around here. The grass is really tall.

I bought a beautiful stargazer lily for Jean for Mother's Day, and also got one for me! It smells soooo beautiful! I just love them! I got a pretty yellow Gerbera daisy and a pink and white geranium to plant on moms grave tomorrow. I know it's early to plant, especially around here, but I think they'll be ok.

Nicole is coming over in the morning after work, and we'll head up towards Jean's around noon, stop and get Lin, and go to the cemetery. Nicole is going to buy us all lunch! I hope the weather is decent.

Well, I wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the wives and mother's out in CO land tomorrow! If you're fortunate enough to still have your own mother around, make sure you tell her how much she means to you!!

I also wish a Happy Birthday to Bluevista tomorrow!! Wish he was still on here with us.
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:54 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy Mother's Day Sandy

Yesterday, I werked in de garden from sun up til cocktail thirty.

Planted sum Blue lake pole beans, straight neck squash, hilled up and side dress sum taters, set out 'bout 25 mater plants, sum Chayenne and Pimento peppers, and sum egg plant. Only thing I'm still waiting on is the soil to warm up enough to plant Okrie and my bell peppers to get big enough to bring out of de green house and set out. Then, I'll have half de garden planted.

My Super model want me to plant sum stupid Indian corn, but I'm hold'in out as long as I can.

After I got thru wit de garden, I cleaned up de cemetery real good fer Mother's Day.

Then, I cooked me up a Beer up de butt Chicken stuffed with garlic and drowned in Worchester sauce. We chowed down on dat wit sum grilled Vidalia onions, brown rice and sum brocolli.

Gonnna get my step son to pay fer Mother's Day brunch fer his mom and me. I wonder if they're gonna have Kopi Luwak? I think it's 'bout $50.00 per cup
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Happy Mother's Day to all CO mom's!

Happy Mother's Day, Sandy!

Happy Birthday BlueVista!

--Don
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Had a lovely mother's day! Weather was nice - it clouded up some this afternoon, but no rain in our area. Got a nice planter w/ 3 geraniums and vines and such in it - very pretty. Nicole and I got Lin and went to Jean's this afternoon. Then we all went to the cemetery and then went out to eat, and stopped and had ice cream cones. It was a very relaxing enjoyable day.

I did some laundry this morning, and then planted my little cherry tomatoes in their pots. One plant already has a tiny mater on it, lol! Raked some leaves out of the flower beds behind the house, that I didn't rake in the fall. Larry mowed the front yard - it looks like crap, lol, cause its so wet and the grass is so tall. He did some weed wacking too. Way too wet in the back yard to do anything yet.

We're supposed to be in the 70's this week, so that will be nice. Think I saw a 78 late week! Probably get muggy though, with the rain around. Wish it would just dry out!

Well better get off here - have to get stuff ready for back to work tomorrow! Ttyl!!
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:03 AM

Good Morning all. Happy belated mother's day Sanday and HB Blue. Beautiful weekend and this week will be in the mid 20's. Alread mowed the grass, well the front at least. The back is still soggy. After this week it should be pretty dry.

Went to Alberta's largest auto swap meet on Saturday. It was in Red Deer, a small city about 95 miles south of Edmonton and 90 miles north of Calgary. Met a few club members there. Picked up some aircraft paint stripper from Acklands and cleaned, stripped and painted the steering box on the 442. Also did the hood hinges. Years of old paint just bubbled off and it's back to its original phosphate colour. Buffed the springs on the bench grinder and they look brand new.

Saturday night went to a friends retirement at his house and Sunday worked in the garage again. I love spring/summer. Karen has put in one week as a Canada Post employee. The RCMP 911 operator thing didn't work out...to high stress. Every call is a bad one. So the post office was hiring and she started there last week. Man, they get a really good starting wage and full benefits and perks.

The economy is back. Looks like everybody is hiring again. Good thing, since gas has gone up. When oil goes up, gas at the pumps go up. When oil goes down...gas hovers at the pump and a few days later drops a penny or two. Anyway have a good day, better start working by talking to your countrymen and the Middle East - as their day is coming to an end.
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Beautiful sunny day here! Sun is shining, birds are singing, life is good!!!!!!

Quiet day in here today. Jamesbo is probably out smacking whitey around this morning!

Cruisin at the Riverfront tonight, Don Sitts cruise in. I don't know if I'll go or not. Still got more work to do on that surface rust inside Teepos trunk, so we'll see. I want to get done in there so I can put the mats back in and stuff. Never any place to park over there anyhow by the time I get there. It's by Akron, so it takes me awhile to get there.

Get out and enjoy the sunshine today!!!! Have a good one!
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM

good morning guys and Sandy

Another gray day here in the Pacific NW. Should start getting better soon. All three of my sons were out of town for mothers day so it was up to me and Toby (the dog) to carry the day for Mom, worked out ok and all of the kids did call which made her happy.

Gonna build a new work bench in the garage now that I have all the junk cleaned out. Thinking about a 1/2 steel top bench all steel so I can use it for a welding table as well. Put it on heavy casters so I can move it too. Anyone here built such an animal?

Sounds like you have a great garden Jamsbo. I have a black thumb and can't make anything grow plus my property is all shaded by large trees. But I do buy all my produce this time of year from the farmers markets. Can't beat fresh produce.

Have a great day all

Pat
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

JABDIP! Just another beautiful day in paradise!

Gorgeous day in the hills today. Gonna be 81 deg. or so today.

I have a 'coon eating my newly planted annuals. Guess I have to sit out on the back deck with the Mossberg! Hate to kill any animal but this one has been reeking havoc around the homestead for a couple of years.

Have to get my new BTE hearing aids adjusted today. Got them after the Trophy Wife threatened to take half the money and move out! They work real good. Made by Seimens. Anyway, the TW is much more loving since I can hear what she says!

Sandy, I never went to show or cruise-in and I checked out the one's around here. They all seem to charge from $12 to $25 to register. Is it like that in NE Ohio. Some of them have 250 trophies to award. Sounds like everyone gets one! I can't seem to find a class for 'Blue Belle." Maybe I can win the "Other" class!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; May 9th, 2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Spelin'