The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM

It's -8C right now. Actually feels pretty nice since the winds aren't very strong. And it is sunny. I can't remember the last time we had this many sunny days in a row.

Jamesbo, what kind of wood would you use for Boston Butt? We are making a wood burning barbecue.

Each group in the class gets a small budget for this project. We tried to talk the prof into 2 more groups. They would be group meat and group beer. We are engineering students. But it doesn't look like it will happen.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by car_designer

Jamesbo, what kind of wood would you use for Boston Butt? We are making a wood burning barbecue.
Chef Jamesbo will know, I bet he do that before.

I'd cut a nice green switch about 3/8 of an inch thick from a willow tree to use on any uppity person's butt from Boston that messes with me.

It isn't a barbecue if it doesn't burn wood.
People who cook anything outside on a gas grill should be ashamed of themselves if they call it barbecued or grilled, it's just heated.
Charcoal is just wood burned to burn in advance so that's okay if it's the right type and you never use charcoal lighter to light it.
I prefer to light charcoal and wood using the solar technique with a large magnifying glass to amplify the rays of the Sun to a strategic point on the substance to heat it up to combustion temperature.

I think a hardwood species of tree or bush would be good to use.
Stay away from Poison Ivy and Oak, coniferous species make everything taste like turpentine and burn too fast.
Could use Buckeye?, the Ohio state tree and namesake for the residents and OSU teams but I've never seen one and I've been living here over 55 years?
You could get some of that wood and have an Ohio style Buckeye Buckeye Boston Butt Barbecue Beer Bash, I just went to one last week.

Last edited by Bluevista; March 3rd, 2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Drool from hunger on keyboard obscuring letters.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ausraven,

s.

Pat,

Printers to me are like disposable lighters. I jes toss dem and go get another But dis one was only a few months old when it went "Tango Uniform."

Ergo, I was left with Tech support in Inja and made a new friend Jamu who help me figger the frigg'in problem out. I don't beleive he could understand Southern any better than I could understand Indian [dot not feather]

I'm sorry, I jus to old to deal with sum things

1] Sideways engines in cars
2] People who don't speak English
3] Pants around your knees
4] Ball caps on bass ackwards [unless your a catcher]
5] Young hard body babes with tatoos on their backs
6] Bureaucrats
7] Religious Zealots
8] Unbridaled Libertines.
9] Pierced noses [or other privat parts]

Dat kinda stuff.

Now Have I offened everyone yet.

It's jes de way I was drug up.
X2 I am with you all the way on the 9-points, plus more could be added
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:33 AM

mawn'in

Originally Posted by car_designer
I would use oak or hickory. But you want to use the hot coals left after the fire not burning wood. If ya want sum smokey flavor ya can add sum green wood BUT don't over do it. Cherry/apple etc. can get real strong quickly.

When we have a poke pull'in, We dig a pit, and stack up sum concrete blocks and cover them with tin. I gots and old steel mesh security door from a remodel of a Federal building that I burned the 30 coats of paint off of. It is up on de blocks also. [under the tin.] It's de grate about 3 block rows up. The fire itself is away from de pig. The pig lays split [butterflyed ] belly up on de grate so the cavity will collect the juices and keep de meaty moist. We shovel hot coals under the pig most of de nite. Put a wet rag on his ears [so they don't burn] We drink a little burbon and branch and toast the pig in de mawn'in. That is those of us who can still stand up.

S-L-O-W cook'in is de key

Thar ain't nutt'in better than a piece of crispy pig skin with a cup of black coffee first thing fer breakfast.

I NEVER us BBQ sauce. I just spray or mop a vinegar and water mixture on the pig.

Blue, you ain't gonna be light'in any fires fer a while. You and Sandy are fix'in to get WET. Big time

But, You've obviously cook a good bit your self.

Bye de bye,

De trick to good Steaks is a hot fire and "Steak Paint." When ya pull dem off de grill brush dis on.

Liquified beef fat seasoned w/ garlic powder & onion powder.

Mawn'in News.

I sho am glad I didn't go to BYU. and if Charlie Scheen out lives me, I gonna be really PI$$ED.
Old March 4th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

How come no one is on here early anymore?? It's about 36 degrees outside, getting darker cause it's gonna rain. Flood warnings out. Supposed to be a warm weekend, but snow on Sunday.

Took Tincanio over to Don's and dropped off last evening. Man are they busy over there! Selling a lot of cars, lol! They put me in a big Lexus SUV! It's a nice vehicle, I gotta say..... leather seats are soooo soft! It has a computer screen thing on the dash that shows a bunch of stuff. It has over 143,000 miles on it. The key is kinda flat looking. Doesn't have grooves in it like a regular key? I'm too old for this new stuff, lol! Just show me where the lights wipers and heater control is and I'm good to go!

We are really busy here at work - it's a good thing, even though the guys are whining! Having printer issues this morning already. Brian's panties are in a bunch. No one is in in Houston yet to help us out. Has to be connection problems with them since they installed the new server last weekend. They can't print their emails.

I'm glad it's Friday. I'm tired. 3rd morning in a row I got up feeling like I never went to bed. At least I'm over the cold or whatever it was.

Have a good day all!
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
How come no one is on here early anymore?
I don't know about everyone else. But SOME mawn'ins, [When I beg, plead and grovel], nice things happen.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Charlie Sheen sure made a mess of things, didn't he? I love the show Two and A Half Men. I really hate to see them cancel it, but after what Charlie said, I don't blame them. What is it with rich star people?? Why do they have to act like idiots? The kind of money Charlie made is unreal. Think he would have kept his mouth shut..... Jamesbo... he'll probably out live a lot of us, lol! That's usually how it works!

Thanks for sharing that next post with us Jamesbo........

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 4th, 2011 at 06:16 AM. Reason: TMI from Jamesbo :D
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Charlie Sheen sure made a mess of things, didn't he? I love the show Two and A Half Men. I really hate to see them cancel it, but after what Charlie said, I don't blame them.
I heard that Chuck Loree who owns and writes the show is thinking of replacing Charlie Sheen with the guy that played ChaChi!

--Don
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Captain of my ship

Well the sun is shining today.....YAA It is really supposed to warm up by Sunday , rain on Monday. The head and neck are real bad still. Did a couple driveways this morning with pounding head , woke up with it. In the last 2 weeks I have gotten a bad headache and hurting neck every night and half the time get up with it. Something is gonna give....but still gotta wait til the 14th. I probably will have to add this to my reality I am getting sick of the heating pad , I have used it so much. helps the neck some though.
Nothing new here so just wait for spring and hope it comes soon.
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hang in there Wolfie! You can do it!! We set the clocks up next Sunday!!!!!! I'm excited about that! More daylight is a good thing! Crocus' are starting to pop up, and so are the daffodils. We're having rain this afternoon, but it's dank and cold out there. I walked alittle at lunch. Wind was whipping my umbrella, so I came back in. I hate sitting all day.

My tin can won't be done at Dons until Monday. They called me. I don't like driving this big Lexus. So I won't be going anywhere in it this weekend. I'll have to take the Intrigue. I bet she misses me, lol! I need to go take Linda to the grocery store over the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm not going out on Sunday if we get snow.

Hey...... Where's Ken???????
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM

Afternoon all, been raining for 2 days here now, not to hard though so thats ok. Sandy you and blue take care with the rain around your place, from what I hear there is a lot of it around you

You pass math Jamesbo, we arrive in Atlanta around lunch on the 20th and leave on the 22nd I finished my last shift last night so no work for me till 10th April now

Sandy a couple of days ago when I filled my motorbike up I paid $5.86 a gallon so from where I sit $3.50 is cheap as

Hope they fix your tincan soon so you don't have to drive that big 4wd

Wolfie I hope you start to feel better real soon, having sore body parts sux, glad to hear your over whatever you had too Sandy

Time for me to start thinking about packing , take care all

Adrian
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:57 AM

Mawn'in

Well de Saturday cook-a-ton is off an runn'in.

I-talian sausage with Onions & Peppers w/ garlic and diced tomatoes

Chicken fried steak [a.k.a country fried steak] smashed taters and green beans.

Arroz rojo [again] only dis time, after I cook it, I'm gonna put it in a pyrex dish and melt sum cheese on top.

Brunswick stew, garlic bread and slow roasted poke loin [whole loin]

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Actually have blue sky this morning, might even hang around all day. Might just go outside and work on getting the garage organized as the new 455 should be home this coming week if all goes well. Then I can get back working on the 48. Have some new cabinets to install in the garage as well. One thing about work it never ends.

Jamesbo do you sample while you cook? Bet you do, I know I do.

Wolfie, hope the coming of spring helps you feel better, doctors who don't return your phone call, whats with that, some kind of bad doctor if you ask me.
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Jamesbo do you sample while you cook? Bet you do, I know I do.
Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

I'm finished sep de poke loin,

We're hav'in dinner guest, So all dat is left is put sum butt rub on the poke loin wrap it in foil and toss it in de oven. Heat the Brunnswick stew and toast sum garlic bread.
Old March 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM

Ere ya go Sandy
Old March 6th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Where is everyone? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

It poured rain all night to the tune of 3"

Still very windy and raining really hard!

My Trophy Wife wants to go to the local theater to see "The Green Hornet", complete with the ever-popular Kato & Black Beauty!

Gonna need two big golf umbrellas!

--Don
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM

Afernoon

Don,

I don't do Moives or Malls. But have fun.

My super model jes went to volunteer at the animal shelter. She does it about once a month. Comes home smell'in like cat urine.

The skies are start'in to clear after an all nite rain.
Old March 6th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Talking

Got some of the new cabinets installed in the garage this morning now its off to the Chapter car club meeting. Nice day think I'll drive the 57. talk to you all later.

Jamsbo e-male me so of the leftovers from dinner. I'll be hungry when I get home.

Don't get wet Don you might just melt your so sweet Al least that's what your wife thinks
Old March 6th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Some people, when they are tired of something see what they can do to enjoy it rather than complain about it. Sorry, I have to complain. However it's nice to know that some people go by the old addage "If life serves you lemons, make lemonade". I guess that's what the creator of this ice sculpture was thinking.... and I agree.

Attachment 183719
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Bahahaha nice one Ken!!!
Old March 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Ken, Good one

Pat, I'd be glad to but I done ate it all.
How bout sum pics of de new cabinets. Did de come from your kitchen remodel a while back?

Well it's Monday so I'm gonna go smack whitey round. Saturday it rained like the ole cow on a flat rock. Zo, It'll be cart path only today. I'll get sum much needed exercise.

Don't ferget to go get sum crawfish fer dinner. Tomorrow is Fat Tuesday.

If Sandy will post sum pics. I'll send her sum Mardi Gras beads.
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I didn't have a chance to get on here all weekend! Too darned busy. Glad to see everyone survived the rains, etc....

Ken..... I love that picture!!! I was laughing like crazy, lol! That's about how I feel! Glad to see you're still around, I was getting worried.

Jamesbo.... I'm not posting any pictures, lol!! I don't do the whole fat Tuesday, don't eat meat on Friday, give up something for Lent thing. Sounds like you cooked up a storm over the weekend! I had hamburgers on Saturday, and Larry made a roast yesterday. I didn't eat any though, cause I was up at Linda's and didn't get home until after 9 last night. Brought a leftover burger for lunch today.

It's a sunny morning out here, but it was 19 degrees this morning. Going up to the 30s I believe. We had rain all day Saturday - ground is sooooo saturated. Then it froze Saturday night and snowed! I had a helluva time getting that Lexus open yesterday after it sat outside. Covered in ice and snow. Doors wouldn't open. Had to get some warm water and pour along the door seams to melt the ice! I took the Intrigue to Linda's. Put 8 gallons of gas in her last night for $30 bucks! Gotta put gas in the Lexus today. There goes my paycheck, lol!

Hopefully Tincanio will be done today at Dons and I can pick her up tonight. I miss her!

It's quiet in here today. Think we're slowing down some again. Steve is out on some sales calls this morning. Nice....... Have to take Nicole back to the periodontist this Friday - see what she has to say about her gums now. Hope they're doing better. I think they are, but what do I know? Well I better do something productive.

Have a good day all!!
Old March 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM

Good morning guys & gal

Jamsbo, dang you ate it all. What ever happened to sharing. Got the cabinets out of a commercial building a contractor friend was demoing. 3- 7'-6" tall by 48" wide 20" deep with 5 adjustable shelves each. Brand new condition. Great deal but boy are the heavy or I am getting older not sure which.

Sandy, yes the gas prices are nuts. Hate to be a long haul trucker about now 1000 bucks for 240 gallons on trucker stated on the news.
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

I can't hang around here much, trying to lose some weight so I can fit into my fancy clothes for the big wedding.
I can't take reading about food without getting a gnawin' in my belly.
I think the meatless Friday thing went out a long time ago, I hopes so or I'm going straight to H E double hockey sticks.
Redgoat never eats beast on Friday though.

I've been busy helping my daughter and future son in law buy a vehicle.
They wanted a Jeep Cherokee and after I steered them away from brand new ones I found them a loaded 2009 17k cream puff for less than half the price.
The thing is a gas pig but they want it for their new baby and that's their problem anyway.
She traded in her Sunfire and got a good buck, the radiator leak-stop and trans stop-leak and stop-slip elixir held but it was on the edge, all the trans case seals are gone, the trans was still slipping from her running it with no fluid for months but the dealer didn't test drive it enough to find out... and never asked.
She never told me until it was way too late.
I don't know nothin' about no Sunfire transmissions other than they have no dipstick to check the level and you have to fill the things through a plug hole on the case......now.
Don't buy a bright yellow '04 Sunfire around here whatever you do.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:57 AM

LMAO, good one blue
Fly out in 17 hours

Glad to hear you are getting tincan back Sandy, sounds like that Lexus is eating too much of your money, money that could go into Teepo

Good to hear you talked your daughter out of a new car there blue, over here if you buy a new one and drive it around the block they will give you a few grand less straight away as it is now a "used" car. They are just not worth it.

Had a round of golf today with a few mates from work, I lost but I don't care, it's all about having a good time. Rained on and off on the course too which didn't make it as enjoyable but it beat the heat we had last week on the course thats for sure.

Take care all and the next time you hear from me I will be stateside

Adrian
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Registered

Morning has broken, like the first morning
Redgoat has spoken, like the first goat.

Have a good trip Adrian, we'll keep the fires burning here, at least Sandy will, ever since that "thing" happened they don't let me play with fire anymore here at the home.
I wonder if they'll frisk you before they let you in?
They goose you so many times that when they're finished you're geesed.

Happy Fat Tuesday!
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

"Praise for the singing, praise for the morning"..... You're on a roll already, Blue!

A little weak sun today, but supposed to go close to 50! Heat wave, lol! I'll take it. Have a safe trip Adrian! Hope all goes well!!

Today is grumpyasses 54th bday. I wished him a happy birthday this morning, and I got "Yeah.... just another day.... nothing special", back! So I said, "you're welcome". The he left for work. Whatever..... I'll pick up his cake after work and see if he's gonna eat it, or have a baby fit tonight and pout and leave it in the freezer. I'm gonna go with the second choice, cause he has a point to make......

We're without computers here at work this morning. Database is down for some reason. Houston... we have a problem. Email is working. So it's boring right now.

Don't have my tin can yet.... They called yesterday, and when they were putting a bulb in one of the 3 heater control ***** (because 2 were lit up and one wasn't), he said one of the other ***** popped off and springs and little things went everywhere! He said it's amazing, all the little stuff they have crammed into one of those *****. Toyota won't have the part until tomorrow, so I still have the Lexus. Have to put gas in the darned thing before it goes up more, which I heard it's going to.

We're supposed to have rain and high winds tomorrow with gusts to 40 mph - figures. The tin can feels like it's going to topple over in the high winds I've discovered. Scares me, lol!

Well have a great Fat Tuesday all! Jamesbo... what ya eatin today???
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Good morning guys & gal

Fat Tuesday again already? My how time does fly, next thing you know it will be Saint Paddy's day. Does redgoat wear green?

Just another day in paradise hear, raining and cold, I am waiting for spring to sprung.

Adrian, I hope you get a cute gal to feel you up at the airport, me I would get an old hag with cold hands of steel. Have a safe trip.

Jamsbo, get your butt out of bed and get to cooking Adrian is a coming to town
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:36 AM
car guy

I nothing to say other than I looked and saw there was 666 posts to this thread so I had to make it 667

Edit make that 669. you guys type faster than I can between customers
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Adrian.... Have a safe L-O-N-G trip!

You really want to fly into Manchester, New Hampshire.

The state just passed a new law that if TSA Agents just so much as touch a breast or genitals, they can be charged with sexual assault and WILL be prosecuted!

Now, let ALL the other states have the BA$LS to do the same.

Adrian... A word of advice... When the TSA guy goes in your crotch, DON'T tell him you're in love. They don't like that. I found out. Also, DON'T wear free-hangers. Wear really tight jockey shorts!

Sage advice from a Frequent Flier!

--Don

Old March 8th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up, Don!!! Richard.... thanks for changing that number! I don't like it.

Citcapp.... Redgoat would look like a Christmas tree in his red and green, lol! Wish I knew how to photoshop pics.....

Jamesbo.... where are you? Hope all is ok!
Old March 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

I posted because I saw it was post 670 and I wanted to make it 671 to honor the GMC 671 blower.
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Mawn'in all

"What am I eat'in?"

Country Ham red eye gravy on a biscuit as we speak. Should had a beignet I spose with cafe du monde.

I ain't really figger it out [How to celebrate Fat Tuesday yet]

I was kinda hop'in to give ya sum beads but it don't look like dat's on de menu. No wonder he's Grumpy.
Old March 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I ain't really figger it out [How to celebrate Fat Tuesday yet]

I was kinda hop'in to give ya sum beads but it don't look like dat's on de menu. No wonder he's Grumpy.
I am wearing beads even as I type! Have 'em left over from a Parade several years ago when I could stomach the mirth and merriment of "Fat Tuesday!"

--Don

Old March 8th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....I posted because I saw it was post 670 and I wanted to make it 671 to honor the GMC 671 blower.

Yeah, but see who had post #666!!!!!! Not good.... Nope... Nope.. Nope.

Jamesbo.... glad to see you're still around! You can still give me some beads - I'll hang them on Teepo's rearview mirror, lol! You've seen her inside and out!! Besides, you've seen me in tank tops and t-shirts..... just not wet ones!
And believe me, if I thought that would solve grumpyasses problems, I'd be all over it, lol! Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. You make me laugh........
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:49 AM

HI guys, what's everyone up to?
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by 1ATony
HI guys, what's everyone up to?

My perfect weight if I was 6'7.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM

Jamesbo.... g You can still give me some beads..

Sorry Sandy,

There are RULES about giv'in way beads. No ticky no laundry.

Well, well Lokie ere.

1ATony made is first post on the "New" Good mawn'in thread.

Whar de heck ya been.

Don, That's funny.

What de New Orleans visitor bureau doesn't ell ya is ya can get kilt fight'in over 10 cents worth of beads with a bunch of trunks.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM

Just been working my butt off and back to watching racing now that it's on.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cutlass Lover

Tony..... welcome back! Did ya even notice your first GM thread was gone, lol?? Hope all is well with you!

Jamesbo..... you just make me laugh!!!