The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2012, 07:30 PM

Just stopping in to say Hi.

Have a good week everyone.
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Always room for one more

Maybe it's under the rocks you were shoveling around after your neighbor dumped them on you!
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Me again, lol.

Mike... You asked me before about a pic of my trunk display. So I took some pics for you today, lol. I display some Ketchum Olds stuff, a piece of her build sheet, and a little paper telling about the items and her original dealership on the left side, and on the right side I display a 1972 book that shows all kinds of stuff from that year, and a little story Nicole typed for me years ago and added pictures to, with 1972 facts on it, and a couple post cards in a frame with 1972 Cutli on them. Not a whole lot, but people stop and look and read the stuff.

Attachment 174949

Attachment 174950

Attachment 174951
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Always room for one more

Just for me? Aw shucks. That is really a nice display, Sandy. I didn't think Teepo could look any nice, but that is really sharp. I love stuff like this. Really, really nice. And you even included Tricky Dick!

And that's not to mention the perfectly detailed trunk itself. One of these days I'll have to take in a show up there to see this presentation close up.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Always room for one more

This one almost looks like normal, but just a little off....
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Always room for one more

Old August 12th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Always room for one more

Okay this is it.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:46 PM

You said that two posts ago...lol! Don't think I didn't see that I know you edited it out haha!
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Always room for one more

You're a quick one, Steve! Actually I had to stop, that's all the pictures I have handy.

I was just looking at your build thread. What color is that grey? Looks different at every angle. Very nice.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:53 PM

Isn't it? I picked it because it had that effect. And when I first saw the color I thought it was a shade of green...and as my car was originally green I thought it would be a cool twist. But, as I got the paint code I realized that it was the effect of the paint and the surroundings that made it change color.

That's why in the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" "Eleanor" looked different in every scene. It is the same color as "Eleanor" in that movie. It's Dupont 44490 Pepper Grey Metallic (Notice the number on my front window).

Thanks btw
Old August 13th, 2012, 04:13 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice cool mawn'in to go smack whitey round.

Sandy, Congrats Do you not have a center cap on de spare SS III. You do know there's anutter kind of tie down dat will let you bolt down de spare wit de cap on it.

Allan, Look out in de street. Ya mighta put it on top of de car and drove off.

Scot, Tanks fer de pics A-gain. Tres cool.

Mike, Tell her, "If it's not on de menu, there's always a nutter cafe." [or Waffle House in your case.]

Pat, My ole friend. My game is up and down. I wish you'd drive dat RV down ere and play a few rounds. We could cook, drink whiskey and play golf an let de women folk Jabber.

Yesterday, I was a busy as a pulp wood cutter round ere. I told de Super model. Don't get used to me werk'in all day Saturday and Sunday cause it ain't a gonna happen

GTG whitey awaits

Have a great day Olds Friends.
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:08 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Allan I hope you found your wallet That my friend is a bad feeling

Congrats Sandy on your Top 20 award

Mike I think Steve pretty much nailed it. A little brunt and to the point but well prescribed medicine for the old flame. I think there were pics in your posts above?

Welcome back Pat Hopefully you'll get the A/C straightened out.

Jamesbo smack whitey a few times for me too No problem on the pics, I had to make them a bit bigger and they were getting blurry so that's all I could do with what I had.

Where's Adrian and John? Haven't heard from them in a few pages

Well yall have a wondermous Monday
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:23 AM
CQR

Allan, Good luck Finding the wallet. Steve is right on about the washer. Whenever mine goes missing, I find it in the washing machine and have to dry everything out
We left at 3:00 the other morning. Hauling in the semi is the only time where I get to sit back and relax, and she has to do the driving. She does real well with that truck. Sometimes it's a pain to have a trailer that long, but we can load to max weight. It's grandfathered in I guess. It's 60' where I guess they limit trailers to 53' now. We did get to see lots of meese on the way up. Looks like they are doing well. You canucks may not find that very interesting, but we don't have a lot of moose around here, and thats one part of the state that they seem to hang out in. I'd enjoy loading hay with her more if I weren't allergic to it. Took a benadyl after loading and dozed a lot on the way home.

Well, went to the fair yesterday and bought wayy too much meat from the 4H kids. may have to go buy another freezer. Our county fair is so pathetic. I guess its because we live in suburbia west of Denver. At least this year a couple of steers sold for $2000 +. Last year the Grand Champion steer sold for about $1100. The kids work soo hard on these animals and lose their butts at the auction.

Mike dang them women, Sure wish I knew enough about them to give you advice, but I'm more clueless now after 19 years of marriage than I was when I was single.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week. I have a 1935 Hupmobile waiting for my attention at the shop. I'm kinda exited to get started on her. I need to get her fairly dependable before the next supercruise.
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and cool here this morning, temps in the 60's. Supposed to have rain later and into tomorrow.

It's soooo quiet in here with out Clay. He's making sales calls in Minnesota this week. I hate it when he's off.

Jamesbo.... no, I don't have a center cap on the spare. It's how it was when I got the car. I thought about putting bezels on it, since I have extra from Carl's rims now, but haven't got around to it yet. No one has ever said anything about it.... And if I ever get a flat, I'm calling AAA and not messing with it, lol.

Mike.... glad you like my display. Yes, you'll have to come around our area some summer. We always have car things going on somewhere. Ask Paul, lol. I don't know what pictures you were trying to post above, but all I see are red X's .....

I'm debating about going to the Olds show in Alliance this year. I heard several people at the BOP in Solon say they weren't gonna go this year. They've changed the judging or something. I know Joe and Pam are having the Ravenna Moose Show on the same day.... I just don't know yet.

Well have a great day all!
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Scot said he wanted to see my pictures cartoonized. They were there last night, I don't know why the site keeps eating pictures. Steve saw them. Maybe when I get back from Florida I'll put them all up again. Some of them looked really cool.

So the dogs are at the kennel, and I'm headed to pick up my new peach. The smashed F85 will live on a little longer. I hope it goes on the trailer easy, so I can make it home and then up to the airport to make a 2pm flight. I shouldn't have stayed so long at the Awful house this morning.

Clint I don't think I've ever seen a 60' trailer. I did, however, see a road train once when I was in Australia. I don't know how long those trailers are, but there are three of them. It's like a parade.

Okay east bound and down. Have you a great couple days and I'll catch up later.
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:47 AM

good morning all

Jamsbo, I will be down your way not this year but next and we will smack whitey around drink, eat and have a good time.

Sandy, congrat's on win at the car show.

Clint, Its great that your mate will drive the rig sure helps to share the load when you going long distance. My mate doesn't like to drive the RV with or with out the car behind total length 57' its more about the width (8'0) she worries about changing lanes and knocking the mirrors off when being passed by a semi.

Allen, any luck with the wallet? Hope so.

Have a great day all
Old August 13th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Captain Starfire

Hey, everybody.... just a quick "Hi." Missed you guys.....I been goin' crazy at work; had to get a big document out by last Friday and I'm jes startin' to decompress. The better half is visiting Mom in Peoria, so without my supervisor, I sat around the house all day Saturday in my skivvies.... the kitties didn't seem to mind too much; I at least cleaned the litter boxes and fed & watered them; then yesterday I had to do the lawn and a little clean-up so the "inspector general" wouldn't withhold my allowance for the week....
I even came in late to work today....Hopefully I won't have another crunch like that for at least a few weeks. Now I gotta' read all the posts from the past 2 weeks....
Hope everybody's doing OK.... I'll get back to y'all if any condolences or Hi-5's are in order
p.s.: Mike, I'm not picking up those pic's on the previous posts. Is everybody else getting them?
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM

Sandy ere's de utter way
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM
CQR

Pop quiz!
Anyone know what the purpose of this is? This is looking up where the headliner should be.
Attachment 174928
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:46 AM

Map light in rear view mirror??????????????
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Always room for one more

Is this on your Hup? Ground for the chicken wire.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:52 PM
CQR

Yes. its on the Hup. Yes I'm talking about the chicken wire and the lead attached to it. No correct answer as of yet.
Old August 13th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin All.

Spent a rather unsettled afternoon yesterday driving myself nuts looking everywhere including all the places everyone mentioned. I'm luckier than most of you though with the washing machine. The Mrs goes through all my pockets before a wash. Anything of value she finds she keeps. Like one time when I left a 20 in the pocket instead of my wallet. Anyway after a totally depressing day I hit the hay (or for Clint I hit the goose feathers).

This mawning I called the ear lowerer and explained that they were my last hope. Kinda like on Star Wars where R2D2 plays Princess Leia's message "Help me Obi wan Kenobi - you're my only hope". Unlike Star wars though, they didn't send the Jedi to help me. "Nope, it's not here" was the start of my morning.

Poured some coffee and had a sip but didn't enjoy it or even taste it. Mind was a gazillion miles into a trance trying to convince my brain to give me an epiphany. Apparently epiphany's are all on vacation about this time of the year. Started the search inside all over again.....

Finally went out to the garage and started there too. Looked in Joannes car, glovebox, trunk. Nothing. Then I remembered she said check between the bucket seat and console. Nothing. She doesn't like having the interior light on so she leaves it off, which makes finding stuff a little difficult. Just as I was giving up on the Saturn, I saw something out of the corner of my eye on the passenger side floor poking out from under the seat. WTH??? YES!!!! Damn Wallet had somehow crawled out to the car and was doing it's best to hide there. Man, I was so happy to see it I didn't give it a proper whack just to let it know it had been bad.

So off we went to the college registrar (read money window) and paid the tuition. Then went to the financial planners office and sat for 1 1/2 hours going through the paperwork needed to release the funds from the Education fund we set up for Graeme many years ago. We'll take out 8000.00 for now. He has another 2000.00 coming in Nov from his school scholarship, and my Union scholarship program will kick in some more $$$ (not sure how much right now) soon as he completes his first semester.

That means I should have a few bucks to spend on the Cutlass in a few weeks. I've been putting everything on hold till we knew for sure that Graeme's college finances were absolutely bomb proof. I can't tell you how relieved I am now.

On the way home? We stopped for groceries. Came to 92.21 My Mrs collects points at the store and today we redeemed 90.00 worth. So the groceries came to 2.21 Wow, does it feel good to walk out of the supermarket with a full cart of groceries and money still in your wallet!!! So, because everything good happens in 3's I felt this was the start of something good.
1. found my wallet
2. Graeme's college tuition is secure
3. Groceries almost for free? (kind of like extreme couponing isn't it?)
I bought 10.00 worth of lottery tickets on our next 30 million draw on Friday. I don't hold much store in lotteries, but if the blessings from above continue to abound I will not complain.

Sandy - nice pics of de trunk! What Jamesbo said wit his pic, + you also need to have 2 clips that rivet to the upper trunk floor to hold the jack handle if you had SS wheels in the car.

Mike - I can't see ANY of the pics you posted

John - kick back and relax a bit. You've earned it.

Jamesbo - did you whack whitey good or did de course whack you dis mawnin?

Clint - glad your trip was good. What the heck is a Hupmobile? That pic reminds me of the expression "held together with baling wire".
Old August 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM
CQR

Evening all.

Mike and John, I don't see any pic's in all your blank posts. Mike that pic of the Semi with the hay on it is the trailer I'm talking about. The KW she bought new in 08, and has 128K on it now(Low for a Semi, But this truck only hauls hay one way and its fairly local) and that trailer has wore out at least 2 trucks that I know about. I've only been around it since '92.

Allan congrats on finding the treasure, I'm glad it wasn't all drippy.

Pat, I feel kinda guilty for not having a CDL, and I'll probably have to get one soon, but when we drive anywhere with the toyhauler or on vacation I do the driving, so, when its a big truck I let her do the dirty work.

Sandy, I'm so glad you are doing well with the stent removed.

I just found out thru FB that a friend from HS who was battling caner has been moved to Hospice. Dang, I'm too young for this...

I smell like real old car tonight. Really enjoyed getting to know this old piece of steel. She's a peach. The Pic above shows the chicken wire that was used from the factory as a radio antenna.
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by CQR
Pop quiz!
Anyone know what the purpose of this is? This is looking up where the headliner should be.
It's an electric bed, looking from underneath...it's for people to lazy to walk to the electric chair.....
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL, Ken if that's your idea of an electric bed......where do you plug in the quarters for the ride of your life?? Nope - Clint posted the answer ^^^.

Clint - didju go buy a Hupmobile? You trying to make Mike jealous or something? I had to look up Hupmobile. Is it something like this?

Quiet on here tonight. Monster Monday musta taken a whack at most of ya!
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:53 AM

Good morning all...

The next Car-Show is not far away, on Saturday near the
border to the Netherlands...
So I have time to create a picture for a good friend.
He plays this year his last season for our Football-Team.
End October he goes back to California to assume an
Job as coach on a High School.
I will miss him...
I think this pic is a good one for him, to remember the time
here in Germany...

Nice Day all

Udo
Old August 14th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Kiwi Ciera Driver

Good morning all, still raining here (It IS winter after all!) and I can't be blowed doing the work I need to on the Ciera - plus the wife is off to work in it anyway.
Got a fully rebuilt carb waiting to go on it, this one has a choke, the one on the car hasn't - not good in the winter!
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:17 AM
CQR

Good Morning.
Scumdog. Good luck with the carb replacement. How cold does it get in your area in the winter?

Udo, interesting picture with the cartoon angle. Is your friend an American or German moving to America?

Allan, No I didn't buy one. I'm working on it for an old buddy of mine from High school.
His is the "Aerodynamic" 518D and looks like his:

Have a great morning all.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, De cow on de flat rock visited all nite long. Musta got a couple inches of de wet stuff.

Got de den painted and put back together late las nite. It's amaz'in how your creative decorating juices get flow'in after a few flagons of rotten potatoes.

Allan, I started off like Tigger and den found my usually crummy game. BTW, Glad ya found your wallet but it sounds like ya didn't need it at de stow.

Udo, Is it near Maastricht? I know a dutch babe over there. She'd make a freight train take a dirt road.

John, Slow down, Dare be plenty of werk to do when we're gone home to Glory.

Mike, Zo what happened in de Soap Opera wit de ole flame?

Sandy, I see peaches in your near future.

Pat, I'm putt'in ya down on my calendar fer a visit.

Scot, Ya gots a truck and a trailer. Why not go in de mov'in business?

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Who'd a thunk the chicken wire were the antenna? I bet the only radio station it picked up was KFCR (KFC Radio)

Allan congrats on finding your wallet and securing Grame's college

Welcome to the Good Mawnin Thread scumdog

Well yall have a beautimus Tuesday
Old August 14th, 2012, 04:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo

Scot, Ya gots a truck and a trailer. Why not go in de mov'in business?
Um not just no Jamesbo
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cow on the flat rock is here now. We've had pretty steady rain all morning. Temps in the 60's right now. Chilly.....

I'm hoping there will be peaches waiting for me at home tonight!! I can't wait!!!!

I'm still feeling good.... It's a great thing!

AllanR.... Glad you found your wallet and things are working out for you! I've decided I'm gonna quit making plans, as every time I do, something comes up and royally screws them up, lol! I'm just taking it day to day....

Teepo's tire iron slides into the rubber cover on the jack. We had this discussion a few years ago lol, complete with pics. That's when I re-did the jack. Complete with sticker. Remember that one, Jamesbo? Sorry, but I'm not puttin a center cap on the spare....

It's soooo quiet in here without Clay. He talks all the time, lol. Place is like a friggin library. Unless Brian gets on the phone......

Sooo.... I've been on the phone this morning with SummaCare insurance, Nicole's doctor, Giant Eagle pharmacy.... God what a mess! Nicole takes Singulair for her allergies/asthma. She has ever since she was 8 or 9. Well, Larry switched from crappy Kaiser insurance to even crappier SummaCare starting July 1st, cause it was cheaper than Kaiser.

Summa does not cover Singulair. So I've had to **** around, going to Nicole's doctor and getting her to do a 'prior authorization' and whatever to get the Singulair covered by Summa. I called Summa today cause we haven't heard anything - is it covered or not or what's going on? Well.... they have never received anything from the doctor. So I called the doctors office and told the girl there. Summa said the doctor could call and do it over the phone. The doctor isn't in today, but the girl will tell her tomorrow. Have I called the pharmacy to see if they got anything from Summa? No, I haven't, but I will.

So I called Giant Eagle and talked to the pharmacist. They haven't got anything from Summa yet, but a 90 day supply was approved. Want to know the price of the 90 day supply??????? $593.00!!!! Want to know what's wrong with health care? I said Oh My God!! Told him we can't afford that. A one month supply is $173.95. I said we can't afford that either! I asked if Summa was paying ANYTHING towards this? He said about $20.00. Now what kind of crap is this??

So I will call the doctor's office back and tell them all this, and see if they can't put her on something generic that works as well as Singulair. My God, that's just outrageous! And the worst is yet to come.... I can't wait to deal with the 'change' we get next year. Eat, buy gas, pay bills, or take your medicine? Can't do all of it. Unreal......

So on that happy note, I will talk to you all later! Have a good rainy day.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:17 AM

Here's a couple more Hupmobile's.