The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old June 24th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good Morning everyone!

Ya Sandy. You should update us every 8 minutes, like on the Weather Channel. Hope you had a good night.

Scot what are you saying, that if I owned a junkyard I'd never sell anything? That's probably closer to the truth than you think. I don't know if the EPA knows Griffin, GA, exists.

Allan I haven't talked on the phone that long in I don't know when. All people I don't talk to a lot, so it was nice. My phone went through three complete discharge/charge cycles. I tend to pace when I'm on the phone, so it's a real pain to have to sit right next to an outlet so the phone will charge while I talk.

Okay! Time to get to Awful house, then on to Walmart. Have a good day everyone. It's beautiful here in the Greater Stockbridge Area.
Old June 24th, 2012, 06:04 AM

Evening all, weather was good today which was nice as we had a party for my young one and her best friend from school, they are 2 days apart so we had a joint party.

Sandy we are thinking about you down here too. Hope you can get all this sorted out real soon. You may have signed some sort of document saying you can't sue but if they didn't do their job properly then I am sure that document is only good for starting a fire. After care also comes under their job description not take your money then go play golf and hope your all good. I would still go talk to a lawyer and see where you stand. Your may not be able to sue the Medical Centre but you can probably sue the Doctor who treated you.

Send our condolences on to Larry too, sorry to hear about his loss.

Happy belated Birthday Mike and to your wife John.

Hope you can get that heart problem sorted for your wife too Scot.

I am paying $1.50 for regular gas down here, I would be more then happy to pay $1.18 Allan

Well I have had a big day, time for bed. Have a good Sunday everyone and you rest up Sandy and get better ya hear

Adrian
Old June 24th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hi all. Thought I better check in. I'm alive- no better no worse. I'm at a show in Tallmadge. Its hot on this asphalt! Lots of nice cars here. A beautiful 69 Cutlass 4 door with only 22000 miles on it. It sure is purty. I took pics of course.

All my friends are asking me where ive been. They've missed me at the cruise ins. I love car show people!

Were supposed to get rain later. Hope it waits till I get home. Clouds are moving in. Well I will check in later.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Sunday All,

Well it rained overnight and we're back to de same ol same ol. Windy as heck, cloudy threatenin more rain and boomers but a pleasant 73°.

Mike - most of the recharge phone pacs you can get 3 phones cheap! Then you don't have to worry bout pacing close to the charger. Sounds to me like you now have one ear pressed flat as a pancake, a hole in your carpet, but a big smile on your face... like them smileys too

Adrian - Hope the birthday party went well. It's fun when kids are small. Even better when you can share a special event with a close friend. Gee only 1.50/L?? Yeah, I think 1.18 is a bargain by comparison. Just that the same gas is selling in the US for about .87/L. Guess Paul was right - I should move closer to the border to take advantage of that. I was just out and the price at the pumps here has just dropped to 1.09/L.

Sandy - hope you have a great show! BTW X2 on what Adrian said. The signoff you did was very likely for only the medical center so you couldn't sue them. Doctors have to carry their own medical insurance tho. I know that - my Dad was a Doctor. If Dr. Jinxbot caused this problem and wouldn't get back to you when you called for help I think he's in violation of his oath?? Anyway most lawyers will tell you for free whether it's worth going after him or whether the case will be denied.

Jamesbo - I found sum shrooms yestiday an doused em wit bleach. De ground under dem caved in!! Shocker!! Dat's wierd cuz it's mostly clay... well long as it werks I dont care.

Well - I see the rain is starting. So much for grilling anything for supper just went out the window...Hmmm, horizontal rain......dat's a stiff wind
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mawnin Friends

Was a beautimus day ere but the bottom done fell slap out and the cow has found that darn rock

Good to hear from you Sandy Hopefully you'll take home the gold one more again

Yup Mike that's exactly what I'm saying But don't worry buddy, your not alone. My better half tells me I never throw anything away. I tell her "What for? I might need that one day" She says "Yeah but just like everything else, you cannot find it when you need it so you go and buy another one. Now you've got two or three of everything" I think if I bought a junkyard, I'd have so many projects that I'd never get any of them done

Good to hear from you Adrian, and yes we go this week for more tests on the TW's ticker. Hopefully we'll get it figured out ASAP

Well it's cocktail thirty so I'll check in after I whoop up some of my world famouso grilled chuck-eye with the steaks
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Always room for one more

Allan I think you jinxed us. The weather report said nothing of rain today, and now it's pouring! Of course I took the Cadillac to the car wash to get it clean for meeting Udo tomorrow.

My phone is about 5 years old, and I have no desire to get a new one. I don't want one of them smart phones that have a million things I'd never use. I might just get a battery for mine when it finally dies. Probably be as much as the phone.

Sandy good luck at the car show. I know another four foot trophy would make you feel a little better. Maybe not when you had to carry it around.

Adrian petrol was 1.37 in Ivanhoe(I think that's the name of the town) when I was there in March.

Oh look that didn't last long. Now I can go back out. I had the battery charger on the Rolls, hope it isn't short circuited now.
Old June 24th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - sorry bout dat!
Oh look that didn't last long. Now I can go back out. I had the battery charger on the Rolls, hope it isn't short circuited now
Ha ha ha ha, good one. Rolls pretty quietly too when it runs outta gas!
Old June 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM

Good evening everyone.

A sunny, cloudy, windy and finally rainy day here today.

Yesterday was a sunny day, so I took advantage of it and spent 10 hours working on the Cutlass. I spent more time on it today, until it started raining Looks like rain again tomorrow, so will see what happens. I need to do something on the holiday tomorrow.

Sandy, pass on my condolences to Larry. And I hope you had fun at the show today.

Allan, you even jinxed us all the way in Ontario

Adrian, I guess I should quit complaining about gas prices here.

Mike, there is nothing wrong with a phone that can't text, email, surf the web, take pictures, give you directions, play music, ...

I hope everyone has a great week.
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well we only got a tiny sprinkle after I got home, and that's it. Still cloudy. It's gonna only be up to around 70 tomorrow. Gonna be a cool week.

Didn't win anything at the show, but enjoyed driving Teepo and just being there.

I called Steve earlier this morning on his cell phone to let him know I won't be at work tomorrow, and told him about this latest setback. He and his wife were coming home from Michigan, so the reception sucked. But he seemed understanding. He told me not to see this doctor again. I said I'm not, I'm going after a second opinion. He told me to just concentrate on myself and get better. Said to keep him informed. So that went good. I'm anxious to see if Brian will text me now, since I kept him out of the loop. I'm sure Steve will tell Brian and Clay what I said. I guess Brian brought his daughter in Thursday and Friday since I didn't show up, lol. I told Steve that Nicole would be happy to come in and help them while Brian is on vacation. We'll see.

Well have a good evening all.
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all

I feel like .....

Good thing I took this course last year

Old June 24th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Always room for one more

You feel like you don't have any arms?

Well I'm all set to meet Udo and his group tomorrow. Got a few things to do near the airport so I'll get up there early.

Sandy glad you had a good time at the car show. Summit is tomorrow night, hope there's lots of cars. Last year a young guy would show up in a 70 Cutlass convertible, but would only stay a few minutes. Then there was a guy that came in a 70 Cutlass coupe, weird color red but it was a 4speed. One night it puked all its coolant on the ground. Don't think I saw him after that.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week.

Last edited by slantflat; June 24th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old June 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Pass along Hello and best wishes to Udo and his gang. Try not to get them sick at Awful House.....

Hey, I just found my arms. They were behind my back. I musta been worried about nothin!
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Always room for one more

Oh Brother!

Well I am now the Classic Oldsmobile resident dumbass. I'm ready to go meet Udo at the airport and look up his flight information, and find that it was actually YESTERDAY that I was supposed to meet him. I don't know why I had it in my mind that it was Monday I was meeting him, but that's what I was thinking all along. Boy do I feel bad. Udo, all's I can say is I'm sorry.

So since I'm up and ready to go I might as well start the day and get a little more out of it. Hey, I beat Jamesbo.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Mike, Are you sure? You told me today.

Sandy, Please pass along our condolences to Larry. So sorry for his loss.

Man o man. Spent de weekend wit my bud whose father owned a bakery. I've always loved his sour dough raison bread french toast. But dis time he out did himself. He made french toast Sunday wit sourdough bread laced with orange zest and cransions. It was out of dis world.

Scot, We didn't get a drop. It's so dry up ere you'd have to prime me to spit.

I've been fightin gett'in a fancy phone fer years. But de've quit mak'in batteries fer mine so I may have to. Last time I went fer a battery de kid looked at my phone like it came wit a rotary dial er sum'in. De didn't have a battery so he texed anutter store. Yep de had one. So I drive down der to get de battery. Only problem was we de texted de stow, de didn't know who said "Yep we got one" so all the techno gikes sorta stood around wit de deer in de head light looks on der face.If de jes picked up de frigg'in phone der wouldn't have been de problem.

Speak'in of phones. De you realize der is a whole generation of kids grow'in up who never hand de pleasure of tak'in a receiver an slam'in it down on de phone to hang up on sum a$$ hole. Don't know what de've missed.

Mike sum whar in dis forum is a pic of Joe P. mov'in from California to Virginia. He said ya get a discount if ya move and take up de entire car carrier. [Jes a little sum'em fer your file]

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy, Hang in there. We're all here for you, and will help in any way we can. Sorry to hear about Larrys mother. The fires are getting worse and more of them. We were up in ft. Collins Saturday for the Hay auction. looks pretty bleak.

Time to get with it. TTYAL
Old June 25th, 2012, 08:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Well we got one band of rain from the slow moving tropical storm Debbie last evening and that was it for now. If that thing comes our way, we are sure to have a massive flood by the looks of it We need the rain but not a flood.

Clint I've never heard of a hay auction, is it still that scarce over in your neck of the woods? It's so common here, there's a guy right up the road from me that baled his this weekend.

Mike that is a bummer. I suppose you guys didn't exchange #'s.

Sandy tell Larry we are so sorry for his loss.

Well yall have a great Monday if there is such a thing
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Always room for one more

So Jamesbo if I told you today then I really am a doof. I gave him my phone number and after wondering why he just didn't call, I got to thinking there might not be any phones in the airport. I don't remember seeing any.

Beautiful day here. It will be a nice night for Summit. I might even take the yellow truck. It will be a wild ride on the expressway with all the play that's in the steering.

Well gotta do something before it's time to go. I notice I get a lot less done when the computer is in the living room instead of my office.
Old June 25th, 2012, 05:39 PM

Morning all, overcast here but that is ok, don't plan on going out and doing anything today. It is Minette's birthday today and since we had that party on Sunday we aren't doing that again once is enough

That must be awkward Mike, lets hope he sees the funny side of it Tink did the same thing to her own mum. I still get a smile when I think of it hehehe

Hope those fires don't get too close Clint.

Some days I think I shouldn't have upgraded my phone to a "smart phone" either. You get used to all the features and when it decides not to work on you you really get pi@@ed off. If you have never had it you don't know what your missing Try on ebay Jamesbo for another battery, just click worldwide to see who will post it to you. You would be surprised what people put on ebay

Just got a call from work, 2 days ot this week now so I will rest a little while I get the chance, have a great day everyone,

Adrian
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all

Well it started out nice and muggy here today. I called my Doctors office to see if he was on time. Nothing I hate more than waiting unnecessarily. Bet every one of you can relate to that. Anyway the appt was for 10:30. I called at 10:15 because we're only 5 minutes away. Dumbass Dr. hasn't even shown up for work and there are 4 other patients in front of me waiting to see him. So the reception says "Come in 15 minutes later". Yeah, right! He takes about 20-25 minutes / patient. Even if you wanted to get out of there in 10 minutes there's no snowball's chance in hell. Visions of a 2 - 2 1/2 hour wait danced before me. So I cancelled the appt and told her that he can call and make an appt with me if there's anything significant on the blood work that he needs to talk about. I'm going to look for another Dr. - really soon. Every time I've been to this quack I've had problems. Shoulda stayed with my old lady Doc.

Graeme is finished school but decided he wanted to go in anyway this afternoon to do some work on the library he is designing for them. So I let him drive. Much better and improving all the time. I didn't leave any fingerprints in the leather this time....

Beautiful sunshine and temps up to about 80 by 1:00 according to my car's thermometer when we got to school. Then Joanne and I went shopping for some new T shirts and stuff. Doesn't take long to add up $$.

Then off to No Frills. Stocked up on groceries for the week. Good deal on chops - 2.00/lb - got a 12lb frozen bag. Should last for de next month or so. Also had inside round roasts on sale - 2.00/lb also. Got 2 5lb roasts that we can cut up and freeze or make into jerky. Hmmm, I like jerky. haven't had the smoker goin for a long time. When we do it smells like da reservation has been visiting....

Hmmm, one of our new members has a 72 Delta Royale for sale and it looks good. 4 door hardtop with polycast wheels. Seriously thinking about it. 455 power and 102K on it. Body looks nice and the interior good to from what I can see. In NE, which is about a 1000 mile plane ride and then drive home. Gotta look into what you gotta do to buy in USA and bring back to Canada.....

Mike - sometimes $hit happens. I'm sure Udo will understand. Maybe he thought he would wake you - or MAYBE he couldn't get through cause you were on the phone so long...

Adrian - OT is a wonderful thing when you can get it. I'm thinking you will still still spoil Minnette and give her something special even without the party

Trust everyone had a pleasant day.
Old June 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Just got back from Summit. Several Oldsmobiles there tonight, which was nice. An 83 Cutlass Calais, 79/80ish Custom Cruiser, 67 442. Also worth mentioning was a 59 Ford Skyliner(I used to have one), a 78 Pace Car Corvette(an automatic), and a couple of nice hot rods. Always a good time.

Happy Birthday to Minnette. Do something special for her every day.

Allan is a comedian, who knew.

No Sandy today. I hope everything is okay.

Have a great night everyone. The pressure is off. Monday is over.
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jus funnin wit ya Mike.....
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It has cooled down alot here, temps only around 70 today and it was windy. Goin down in the 50's tonight. But I think we're gonna be in the 90's again come Thursday. It was sunny all day.

Well this morning, I called and made an appt. with a urologist in Ravenna for Friday.. Called Dr. Bressi and left a message for her to call me so I could tell her about the ER visit Friday night.

Then.... I got a call from Dr. Banks office. He wanted me to come see him to talk about the results of the CT scan and such. So I called Larry and he came home and drove me to Dr. Banks office in Chardon. We had plenty of time to vent to his assistant girl about everything that's went on and how unhappy I am. She agreed that none of this crap should have happened as it has.

So Dr. Banks comes in and shakes our hands and asks me how I am. I proceeded to nicely tell him that I don't like him much now!! I explained how I felt he didn't care about me, that I'm just another kidney procedure to him, how I felt I should have been seen when I called cause I thought I was dying or something, and all the rest of the crap. He said he was sorry I felt that way, he was glad I told him how I feel, and he apologized.

Now..... evidently I don't have an abscess in the kidney. It is still holding fluid, it is still swelled a little. He thinks I've had this for a very long time, possibly since birth and it's gone undetected. He said I have a UPJ obstruction which is uretheric pelvic junction obstruction. It means something about the tube going closed again or something like that. He said something about the kidney leaking, which probably caused the infection. He said my body should start absorbing the fluid. He said that excruciating pain was due to the kidney being swelled and with the pain gone now, it tells him the kidney is getting back to normal. He said if the pain comes back in my abdomen or my back, or if the fever comes back after I'm done with the antibiotics, to call him right away. Otherwise, I am to have an ultrasound in 3 weeks so he can see what the kidney is looking like and we'll proceed from there.

I told him that I'm going to have a hard time believing what he tells me now, and I'm gonna have a hard time believing what the scans show. Sorry, but that's how it is. He said he understands. I told him that they have my head sooooo messed up right now that I can't think straight! I said he tells me one thing, Dr. Bressi tells me one thing, the ER doc tells me one thing, I don't know what the hell to believe at this point! He said "too many cooks in the kitchen." I said, yes there are. He said he understands. I told him I'm not a guinea pig or a pin cushion. I can't take much more stress....

So Dr. Bressi called me on the way home from seeing him, and I 'splained everything to her about the ER visit and told her what Dr. Banks said and what he wants to do. She was glad that I told him how I felt about him and this whole thing. I told her that I will get the ultrasound in 3 weeks, and depending on what it shows and what Dr. Banks says, at that time I will get a second opinion. She thought that would work.

So that's my plan. When I see him after this next ultrasound, if I don't like what he says, I will see the urologist in Ravenna. I canceled the appt with him for Friday.

I called Houston when I got home. The girl emailed me the FLMA paperwork. I told her I want to enact it, as I don't know what is going to go on in the future. So I have to fill it out and have the doctors office fill it out and take it from there. I'm also going back to work tomorrow - he said it would be ok, and I really need to get back to normal routine and stuff. So I'm happy about that. I'm gonna concentrate on getting well again, and pray that God heals me, cause he is the only one who can, and I'm gonna put this negative crap behind me!! Brian is leaving at noon tomorrow, as far as I know. I really hope he doesn't say much to me. I did not call Steve and tell him I was coming back since it was late afternoon, so I'm just gonna show up.

So on a brighter note, I went to the Riverfront tonight. It was Olds night, plus cars from the previous week when it was rained out. There was a record of 400 cars there. The 50/50 was $1010 - some lucky girl won, $505!! I was hoping I'd get it. There weren't as many Olds' there as I thought there would be. It was soooo nice to get out. I also won another picture award that will be ready next week. There was a beautiful 70 Supreme there. Brown w/ a black vinyl top.

Larry said thanks all for the thoughts. He appreciates them. The HR girl asked me if I was going to go with him, as I would get 2 paid days, but I told her no, it's just too far for me to ride. Bumps just shake my belly and makes it uncomfortable.

I have like 3 shows worth of pics to download, lol. That'll take awhile.

Well that's about all that's new around here, so I reckon I'll talk to ya tomorrow!
Old June 25th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow Sandy. I just don't know what to say... I'm glad you sounded off to Dr Banks. I'm just not sure I'd have the confidence to stay with him any longer. If you've had that since birth and it's not been a problem, I'm thinking it won't be a problem for the next 50 years either..Funny thing is the body finds ways to compensate for some things without you even knowing.

If you take that FLMA, can you drop it any time once you're up to 100%?

Glad to hear you got some fresh air and enjoyed the day. Congrats on the picture prize. Look forward to you pic download.
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:23 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, it spit a little rain las nite but not much.

Well today is tire day fer de ole Suburban. I've allways put heavy duty Goodyears on it but when I called an axed de price, I almost fainted. Gonna have to do a little shopp'in I recon.

Sandy, I'm not sure what to say either. I guess de first question is "If you call him right away" .............will he return de call.

Adrian, Give Minette a berfday hug fer me.

Mike, I'm so twisted 'round wit dates, I'm not sure whose on first. I hope Udo will understand........... den again, I can't recall see'in any German stand up comedians............. but Germans have to have some since of humor. uderwise he wouldn't be on dis thread.

Old June 26th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well I'm back at work. Nice to be somewhat back to normal. They were surprised to see me today. It's quiet. I guess Clay was off yesterday too. Doesn't look like I missed anything exciting.

I know what you're saying about the doctor..... but I thought about it, and If I don't agree with what he says after that ultrasound in 3 weeks, I will get a second opinion. I think that's best at this time. I have a hard time trusting any of them at this point.

Allan R... I dunno much about that FMLA yet. I know I don't have to use it all the time, I can use sick or vacation time also. It just protects my job. They can't fire me or anything for being off work. That's why I'm activating it. You never know.....

Larry left early this morning for Iowa. I didn't like driving his truck to work.

You all have a great day.
Old June 26th, 2012, 05:43 AM
CQR

Sandy, Glad to hear you're back at it. Hopefully getting into a familiar routine will ease the mind a little.

Jamesbo. You know what they say, 'It'll be a good year, when they make a good tire'

Heres wishing Minette the happiest of birthdays Adrian. I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

Mike, I'm sure Udo will understand. If he checks in on here and is near Denver, I'd be happy to meet up with him. Sounds like he picked a record year for heat to visit this part of the country.

Scot, Hay has been a hot commodity for the past several years with the ongoing Texas Drought, the cattlemen come up here and buy us out. The wife brought a load of big squares home yesterday that went for $300/ton wholesale and with the way the summer is shaping up, the prices are gonna get worse. One of my techs has some fields he bales up for his cows, on a good year he can bale up around 2000 bales, last year wasn't very good and he got about 1000 bales, this year so far they have put up about 50 bales...

Yesterday hit 104 at the shop. today is spose to be a little warmer than that. then its spose to cool down into the upper 90's later in the week.

The fires are plenty far away, but there are a lot of homes goin up in smoke. The one in Fart Collins has burned about 250 houses and over 83,000 acres. Not a good start to the summer.

Have a great day all.
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:17 AM

Morning all...!!!!

I`ll be back from my beautiful Trip through the southwest of US..
I had a fantastic time there...
In Vegas I reached twice Final-tables in Poker Tournaments...
Utah was incredible, so sublime landscape..
The view from the new bridge down to Hoover Dam is sensational.

Last Sunday morning then at Atlanta Airport, I wait to meet Mike..
No Mike far and wide...
I sat by the T-Rex in the Atrium and sought his Phone# in my
Handluggage. Oh f***.... the number was anywhere in my case
that I checked in...
I´am sorry Mike... Me too make a mistake that we can`t meet..
Next time we make it better...

So far, so good... it was a very nice vacation in a very nice country.

Nice day all....

Udo

Old June 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Well today is tire day fer de ole Suburban. I've allways put heavy duty Goodyears on it but when I called an axed de price, I almost fainted. Gonna have to do a little shopp'in I recon.

Check with Discount tires.. (not sure if there is one in your area) they have always treated me nicely.

I was ready to put on the Cooper Discoverer AT Tires . it was going to run me about $700 for the set(installed) these are the LT245/75/16 Load Range E tires.

not sure if there is one in your area..
I didn't put them on as I found a brand new set of warehouse branded store tires and rims for $300. Hard to beat that price..
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

Hot beautiful day ere. Frocast for da torpical strom is that it's headin east through Florida and away from us Yay! But it's supposed to get into the triple digit's soon

Glad you had a good time in the good ole U.S. of A. Udo Did you win much $$ for making it to the finals in Vegas?

Well gotta go to the ticker doc with the TW and then to work, see ya after while.
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hard to get moving today, don't know why. Just now getting ready to get to the Awful house and run some errands.

Udo I'm glad you're not mad. I'm not the brightest sometimes. Glad you had a good time here and come back soon.

Jamesbo get you some Michelins at Discount Tire. Don't go cheep on something that big, especially if you tow. Ya gits what cha pay fer.

Jeff how the heck are you?

Sandy I think you're doing the right thing. It's gracious of you to let the buffoon try to redeem himself, but being cautious of him is good. Get a second and third opinion if you have to. Glad things are okay at work so far. Hope Larry has a safe trip to Iowa.

I'm trying to get info on a 67 convertible, in Connecticut of all places, that's on ebay. Looks like it would fit right in with the rest of my fleet. Maybe I'd paint it red

Okay gotta get going if I'm gonna get anything done. Scot good luck with the TW hope everything is fine.
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Evening All!

It has cooled down alot here, temps only around 70 today and it was windy. Goin down in the 50's tonight. But I think we're gonna be in the 90's again come Thursday. It was sunny all day.

Well this morning, I called and made an appt. with a urologist in Ravenna for Friday.. Called Dr. Bressi and left a message for her to call me so I could tell her about the ER visit Friday night.

Then.... I got a call from Dr. Banks office. He wanted me to come see him to talk about the results of the CT scan and such. So I called Larry and he came home and drove me to Dr. Banks office in Chardon. We had plenty of time to vent to his assistant girl about everything that's went on and how unhappy I am. She agreed that none of this crap should have happened as it has.

So Dr. Banks comes in and shakes our hands and asks me how I am. I proceeded to nicely tell him that I don't like him much now!! I explained how I felt he didn't care about me, that I'm just another kidney procedure to him, how I felt I should have been seen when I called cause I thought I was dying or something, and all the rest of the crap. He said he was sorry I felt that way, he was glad I told him how I feel, and he apologized.

Now..... evidently I don't have an abscess in the kidney. It is still holding fluid, it is still swelled a little. He thinks I've had this for a very long time, possibly since birth and it's gone undetected. He said I have a UPJ obstruction which is uretheric pelvic junction obstruction. It means something about the tube going closed again or something like that. He said something about the kidney leaking, which probably caused the infection. He said my body should start absorbing the fluid. He said that excruciating pain was due to the kidney being swelled and with the pain gone now, it tells him the kidney is getting back to normal. He said if the pain comes back in my abdomen or my back, or if the fever comes back after I'm done with the antibiotics, to call him right away. Otherwise, I am to have an ultrasound in 3 weeks so he can see what the kidney is looking like and we'll proceed from there.

I told him that I'm going to have a hard time believing what he tells me now, and I'm gonna have a hard time believing what the scans show. Sorry, but that's how it is. He said he understands. I told him that they have my head sooooo messed up right now that I can't think straight! I said he tells me one thing, Dr. Bressi tells me one thing, the ER doc tells me one thing, I don't know what the hell to believe at this point! He said "too many cooks in the kitchen." I said, yes there are. He said he understands. I told him I'm not a guinea pig or a pin cushion. I can't take much more stress....

So Dr. Bressi called me on the way home from seeing him, and I 'splained everything to her about the ER visit and told her what Dr. Banks said and what he wants to do. She was glad that I told him how I felt about him and this whole thing. I told her that I will get the ultrasound in 3 weeks, and depending on what it shows and what Dr. Banks says, at that time I will get a second opinion. She thought that would work.

So that's my plan. When I see him after this next ultrasound, if I don't like what he says, I will see the urologist in Ravenna. I canceled the appt with him for Friday.

I called Houston when I got home. The girl emailed me the FLMA paperwork. I told her I want to enact it, as I don't know what is going to go on in the future. So I have to fill it out and have the doctors office fill it out and take it from there. I'm also going back to work tomorrow - he said it would be ok, and I really need to get back to normal routine and stuff. So I'm happy about that. I'm gonna concentrate on getting well again, and pray that God heals me, cause he is the only one who can, and I'm gonna put this negative crap behind me!! Brian is leaving at noon tomorrow, as far as I know. I really hope he doesn't say much to me. I did not call Steve and tell him I was coming back since it was late afternoon, so I'm just gonna show up.

So on a brighter note, I went to the Riverfront tonight. It was Olds night, plus cars from the previous week when it was rained out. There was a record of 400 cars there. The 50/50 was $1010 - some lucky girl won, $505!! I was hoping I'd get it. There weren't as many Olds' there as I thought there would be. It was soooo nice to get out. I also won another picture award that will be ready next week. There was a beautiful 70 Supreme there. Brown w/ a black vinyl top.

Larry said thanks all for the thoughts. He appreciates them. The HR girl asked me if I was going to go with him, as I would get 2 paid days, but I told her no, it's just too far for me to ride. Bumps just shake my belly and makes it uncomfortable.

I have like 3 shows worth of pics to download, lol. That'll take awhile.

Well that's about all that's new around here, so I reckon I'll talk to ya tomorrow!

Sandy,

I would suggest that you see a Kidney specialist. I have suffered from kidney aliments since 2008 and it took until 2011 to get me on medication to control my problem. I was one step away from kidney failure and dialysis. The emergency room doctor connected me with the best specialist in the state of Washington and he saved my life. I don't know your doctors background but I would find the best doctor available as kidney problems also effect the heart and other organs in your body.
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well Citcapp! Where have you been? I was wondering about you the other day.
Old June 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM

Hey Dare's my ole pal Pat. Welcome back

Welp, I went wit Yokmahomas on de Surburban. In @ 8:00 out by 8:45, Saved 'bout $300 over de Goodyears. Cord'in do de sales weisel. De Yokmahomas have a thicker side wall.
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Hey Dare's my ole pal Pat. Welcome back

Welp, I went wit Yokmahomas on de Surburban. In @ 8:00 out by 8:45, Saved 'bout $300 over de Goodyears. Cord'in do de sales weisel. De Yokmahomas have a thicker side wall.

Glad to be back. Its that damn work thing, keeps me from my hobbies and friends. Should have married that rich girl.

Those Yokmahomas are good tires. I have them on my motorhome and I like them better the the Michelin tires that I replaced. The ride is better and quieter then before as well
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Wow what a gorgeous day it was. Got out and mowed my neighbor's lawn and promptly ran over the mailbox. I was looking over here when I should have been looking over there. Got the thing propped back up, went to get a new box, got it all put back together before anyone noticed. Then the only question was, have you been drinking?

Pat I need tires on my RV and I have no idea where to start looking. I've heard the half size tires(19.5) are dangerous for the people mounting them. Who knows. I think I'll buy a pair for the front, and then put the best four on the back, and keep it to 60 so I'll get excellent gas mileage.

Scot I hope everything went okay at the doc's office today.

Sandy back to work tomorrow with you? Hope you're doing okay.

Well gotta run out and get my lottery tickets then settle in and call my Mom. That's gonna be a couple hour call so I'll get the cord and find an outlet.

Hope everyone has a good night and a good hump day.
Old June 26th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all.
Beautiful day here. It's cooling down now - 70° and a hint of t storms on the horizon.

Was out n about n got a little too much sun today. Not enough to burn, but enough to look red.

S'posed to be hot and windy the next few days. I think that means I'm going to have to water stuff to keep it from turning brown.

Go figure, gas here just went down again today. It's down to 4.12/US gallon.

Well it's just momma and me tonight. Graeme phoned (right nice of him) to let us know that he was staying over at a buddies. Most of the G12 kids here are just finished their matric exams.

So we went to Ay endub and got mama burgers/fries. Kinda forgot what that tasted like. I prefer to grill my own burgers.... but it was nice not to have to cook. Wow am I a big spender on a big night out or what? Hey Ken, where's dem Ay endub koopons when I needs em? (Ha -- mama burgies are only 1.50, but they sure fill me up faster than when I was younger)

Mike - good luck on the lottery ticket. Enjoy your call to your Mom.

Pat - why marry a rich girl when you can date her on the side? Jes kiddin....

Scot - hope the TW is doing well. Good news from the Doc??? fingers crossed for both of ya.

Udo - glad you had a good vacation. Next time c'mon up to Canada! We'll put a smile on yer face! + we got better beer!!

Sandy - you're in the best position to know what you can handle. Stay outta trouble ok?

Have a great evening all!
Old June 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Well thanks all for the concern about my beautimus TW. Echo cardiogram and stress test was all for this morning. Got to return for the results and get fitted for the monitor on Thursday.

Allan WTH is a AY endub EH?

Jamesbo I've got to get the Tahoe a new set of treads soon and prolly an alignment too Ouch my sore wallet!!! Oh well, that's the breaks I guess. Save up a little dough to go somewhere for the summer and a little feller named Murphy comes a knocking Never cared for michelin tires though, side wall is too soft for my taste. What's the mileage expectancy on the yokohamas? I generally look for the 50,000+ mile range when buying tires.

Pat glad your back. How's the '48 coming along?

Sandy you doing alright?

Mike hit it big so I can visit your junkyard and maybe contribute to it

Udo you should've pointed the sign towards the canyon

Whelp I've caused enough mischief for one night, we'll see yall on da flipside
Old June 27th, 2012, 04:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one dis mawn'in

Scot,

Hope ever thing turns out good wit de TW ticker.

De Yokobahamas is spose to be good fer 60,000, I've never put anything on it but Goodyears but des is quieter and ride nice. A bud [whose got 3 er 4 trucks] recccomended dem to me.

Whilst i was up dare de had a 56 Ferd de was putt'in a new muffler on and I got to yack'in wit the driver who ferries cars fer a local old car delearship.

So I sez, Ya'll got any Oldsmobiles down dare and he says, "Jes one a 1940" Ain't she a beaut?

Mike, I think ya needs a flathead Olds in your stable.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:14 AM

Ware de heck is ever body? After I posted went to de Awful House fer a bowl of grits an came home. But no post.

Sum body is gonna loose dare perfect attendance awards.
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late Morning All!

A gorgeous day here so far. Blue skies and temps in the 70's right now. It's a great day to be alive, lol!!!

Well I'm feeling good!!!!!! No pain, just a twinge now and then. It was nice to be back at work yesterday, even if I was bored, lol.

I went to Macedonia after work last evening and got the 'touch of silver' in my hair colored, and 4 inches cut off my hair. It looks and feels better. Then I went over to Wal Mart and got some stuff. I haven't been shopping in 3 weeks. I stocked up on Cran Grape drink - I know the actual sour Cranberry juice is good for kidney infections - but it's nasty, so I got the cran grape. I'm gonna drink as much of it as I can in the next 3 weeks and try everything I can think of that might help un-block this tube so I don't have to have another surgery. And I'm praying..... A lot!!! God is the only one that can heal me and make this go away......

So after all that I was kinda hungry, so I stopped at Casa Di'Angelo's and got me some angel hair pasta with mushroom sauce, to go, and took it home and ate most of it. It was delicious! Larry doesn't like stuff like that, so I figured he's gone, so I don't have to eat meat and potatoes. I can get something I like, lol! I've lost 6 lbs. since this surgery. I'm down to 142. And I brought the leftover for lunch today. Yummmmm....

I also picked me a beautiful lily this morning and a couple beautiful fragrent roses from the yard and brought in to work with me. Talk about something good for the soul! Oh they just smell so delicious..... The lily is bigger than my cereal bowl. I'm soooo glad the deer haven't gotten them. Yet.... My Marc called me this morning too. First I've talked to him since all this.

Scot.... I'm anxious to hear what the tests show. I hope they pick up something. Heart stuff is soooo hard to catch when it's happening.

I should get tires on Tincanio before winter, if I have any money left. The bills are really rolling in......

Well gotta get busy, so you all have a good day. Here are pics of my flowers I took with my phone, lol. God I love em!!

Attachment 175702

Attachment 175703

Search this Thread