The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2012, 12:29 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike that says F85 on the fender
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day wit maybe a few showers

Dat looks like a 69 post coupe wit 69 H/O scoops and hood pins to me.

Mus be a one of a kind 69 Post Coupe H/O. But what do I know.

Mike, Noth'in makes me feel bad. Post away. If it ain't a heart attack or cancer, I don't worry much about it.

Scot, FWIW, I'm enjoy'in your thread 'bout your car.

Speak'in of Suburabn lectric problems. One time my ex decided she needed a step on my old long gone 2500. Poor dude who installed it put a screw thru the main wiring harness running along the door sill. Talk 'bout a mass of wires FUBAR.
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:05 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Well we made it back home. That was exciting. Sorry, Mike, We didn't have much of a layover scheduled, and since our first flight was late we looked like OJ jumping thru the airport to make our next flight that was also broke and delayed. I guess I don't have to wonder why Delta Isn't the leader in air travel.

That was a good time. What a nice group of people. Everyone was so much more polite than around here.

Jazzbreast was fun (and Hot). Went and visited Marie Laveau, had a good time in the quarter and none of us got mugged.

Went to go see the wildlife and rode on Capt. Beebops airboat. The missus was giggling like a schoolgirl when he opened that 454 up.

I swear that Causeway kept getting longer each time we crossed it.
The food was fabulous although I was disappointed or maybe I was just expecting too much while eating at Emerils.

The culture was neat so I expect we'll plan another trip down south in the near future.

Paul the car looks good, Can't wait for the next episode.

Jamesbo, good luck with the sale. Have any plans on what you are gonna replace it with?

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy and muggy here. Temps in the 60's. Calling for a chance of rain later on - I hope not. It's the opening cruise in night at Chick Fil A!!

Went to Ravenna last evening after work - stopped and got Nicole on the way and took her with me. We took Lin shopping. Didn't get home until almost 11. So then had to read and unwind awhile before I went to bed, so it was after midnight. Didn't sleep well so I'm tired today. Charlie texted Nicole about 10 times and called her twice, which she ignored, lol.

Clint! Glad you're back! Good to hear you had a good time. I wanna go to Nawlins sometime. I want to time it so I'm not drownin in humidity, lol. I not be likin humidity!! I want to see some plantation homes, and the swamps and such. I'd like to do one of those ghost walk things I've read about. I'm sure there are a lot of spirits wandering around down there, lol. I'd like to go to Mississippi and Alabama and all the southern states..... one day.

Another quiet day in here..... means another long one. It's heading up towards 76 degrees in here, so my fan will be going on soon!

You all have a great day!!
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
. I'd like to go to Mississippi and Alabama and all the southern states..... one day.

Not Gawga

Dar was a fella on de news dis mawn'in who made Grits chips. Searved dem with Collard green and bacon dip or Blackeyed pea Hummus.

I gotta try dis.
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....Not Gawga

Welllllll yes, Gawja, Jamesbo, lol! That falls in the catagory of 'all the southern states'!! I will meet you one day, and see the Big Chicken, lol.
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin Olds Friends

Cloudy again this day with more showers and thunder boomers later

Jamesbo I am glad you are enjoying the thread, unlike a certain few but I won't name any names I want it to be about any and all Special Order Cars and it is getting better.

Welp be back directly, the misses and I are gwan to set down at the Awful Hawse
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well we just had a heck of an episode of 'the cow on the flat rock'.... hail was included!! Looks like it passed on through, but I don't know if the Chick fil A cruise will be on or not. I'm not driving Teepo if the roads are wet. There's so much road construction all around and detours... I'm not sittin in the rush hour traffic if there's a chance it's gonna pour again. Friggin weather....

Nicole and newest grand dog Emmett came to see me at lunch! It was a nice surprise! We took a nice walk around the complex.
Old May 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone

Lazy day here at the Campus and Grounds. It's been raining on and off all day, it's cloudy, and I have no motivation. I need to find some because if I don't get the distributor in the van today I'll be driving the Suburban to work all week. Man I'm tired of that distributor.

Glad you had a good time, Clint. No worries about the airport, I've done the OJ thing myself. The running through the airport that is. Don't worry, everyone's planes break down.

Sandy you should plan a trip down here and then we'll have the Good Morning Thread 2nd Annual shindig. We'll select the best Awful house in the area.

Jamesbo why don't you finish up the 69 yourself?

I think I saw some of my motivation trying to sneak out the door. I'm gonna go catch it and do some work on the van until it starts raining again.

Last edited by slantflat; May 9th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old May 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Cutlass Lover

Mike.... I'll get there one of these days, lol. Have to meet Scot and Jamesbo..... So many men.... so little time, lol!

Well round 2 of storms just came barrelling through. Pea and marble sized hail for about 5 minutes, and rain so hard and loud it sounded like a train! Couldn't see across the parking lot. I ain't a goin out anywhere tonight. Tomorrow is looking good for Bellacino's though.
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Windy Wednesday up here...

All freakin day long the wind was howling.

Got up early and took my Sonata in for a wheel alignment. It was drifting to the right on the hiway. I think there was enough scrubbing to cause a small vibration. The good peoples at the fixit shop foned and said they also noticed the vibration and recommended all 4 wheels be re-balanced. I said no - lets fix the alignment first and see if the vibration is still there. Anyway, they said it was out a little, but the computer printout shows they were out a lot. I have to take it for a short road trip tomorrow to see how it runs. If it's still not right, I'm going to ask Hyundai if that printout is within specs. I hate having to go back for the same thing again but they warranty their work and I'll use any warranty I have when I need to.

Going to be leaving shortly. Tonight is the official opening ceremony and welcome for all the students participating in the 2012 National Skills competition. Graeme was selected from all the students in his schools CAD classes to participate in Architectural Skills. Some of it is written theory, the rest is CAD design - he will be given a project to create a 3D Blueprint and has to finish it in 2 days. For youse who don't know CAD, its very complex and that's a big challenge. I'm very proud of him. He's pretty nervous - but then who wouldn't be?

Mike - nothing wrong with that suburban; it's looks pretty decent from the pic you posted.

Sandy - Ok I just need a tuneup. What's a grand dog?? And who's Emmet?? Enquiring minds want to know.
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM
CQR

Allan, Feel free to hit me up for the spec on the Hyundai if you want. I'll need year make & model.
Old May 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by CQR
Allan, Feel free to hit me up for the spec on the Hyundai if you want. I'll need year make & model.
Sent ya a PM.
Old May 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Just stopping by for a quick visit on this dark and stormy night.

Luckily it didn't start raining until after I got home from work

Hope everyone is doing well.

Allan, congratulations to your son on making it to the competition. I wish him luck. Have fun at the ceremony.

Clint, glad you had a good tirp.
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda early an dark thirty

Gotta make a short trip up de Alpharetta Autobaun to smack whitey 'round wit my brother in law[One of 8]

Why in de wild wild world of sports he wants to tee off at sun up remains a mistery to me.

Mike, Ya know your car from Hell. Well dis is de one I wish I'd never seen. It's been a PITA money pit since de get go. I've had it sold twice, and the buyers back out. Leaving me keeping the deposit. If I keep it up, I may break even.

Besides, I can't paint and don't wanta put an Earl Sheib on a bare metal prepared car.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:38 AM
CQR

Morning all, Summer league starts tonight.

Well, I found a real cheap BRF code 200-4R. Going to pick it up on Saturday.

The guy still has the car for it but seems to be selling stuff off of it. He says he'll find what he needs to put it together later.

It'll be nice cruising down the highway at 75 MPH right around 2000 RPM.

Jamesbo, You still have Earls out there? they got sucha bad rep out here they left and now Maaco has filled their shoes.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Chilly - in the 40's here this morning, and cloudy. Sun is peeking out and it's supposed to become all sun by later. I hope so. If another cruise in gets canceled, I'm gonna be mad!!!!! Bellacino's tonight.

It was sunny for a while last evening, so I don't know if they canceled the Chick fil a cruise or not. It did cloud up bad several times too, and I was glad I didn't go. Larry said they didn't get any rain or hail at the shop in Stow yesterday, but we sure got it here.

You are up early, Jamesbo!!! Hope you have fun.

Allan R..... A grand dog is just like a grand child. Emmett is Nicole's newest dog. So he's my grand dog, lol!

Well you all have a great day!
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All!

Beautiful day here in the land of cotton No mo rain fer us It is supposed to be milder today with high temps in the lower 80's and the lows tonite around 50ish I wish it would stay like that year round.

Congrats Allan on your boy, I know your proud

Good score Clint on the transmission, you ought to save some fuel with that kind of RPMs at highway speeds

I think you should be okay and it looks like all is clear for you tonight Sandy, so remember to take lots of pics and it doesn't have to be of just Oldses either Snap few of Teepo too but make sure not to get close ups or someone will spot sumphin else your missin

Well I'll check back in a bit, c-ya

Scot
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:46 AM

[QUOTE=Allan R;403893]Windy Wednesday up here...

All freakin day long the wind was howling.

Got up early and took my Sonata in for a wheel alignment. It was drifting to the right on the hiway. I think there was enough scrubbing to cause a small vibration. The good peoples at the fixit shop foned and said they also noticed the vibration and recommended all 4 wheels be re-balanced. I said no - lets fix the alignment first and see if the vibration is still there. Anyway, they said it was out a little, but the computer printout shows they were out a lot. I have to take it for a short road trip tomorrow to see how it runs. If it's still not right, I'm going to ask Hyundai if that printout is within specs. I hate having to go back for the same thing again but they warranty their work and I'll use any warranty I have when I need to.

Allen,

The Sonata has alinement on all 4-wheels. Found this out when ours was scrubbing on the front. The back was out of alinement. Only the Hyundai shop knows how to properly aline these cars in my area.
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! No one has been on here all day?? Where are ya??

Weather is perfect for Bellacino's tonight! I'm sooooooo anxious! Been sitting here bored all day.... We got an email from Bellacino's and I guess they are selling T-shirts for $10 this year. You know I'm gonna get one, lol.

I hope there is a parking space for me over there. You know all the 'retired' guys are already there filling up the lot..... God, why isn't it 5:00 yet?????
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM

God, why isn't it 5:00 yet?????
Because it's 3:46

or at least was 3:46 when ya posted.

Busy day, Played 18, set out 2 markers and in de mawn'in friends I'm gonna need an excused absence.

I gotta get up wit de chickens an head to Hotlanta to give a speach at a Hospice werkers continuing education thingy. at Piedmont Hospital.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo I'm sure we can whittle you out a late slip Definitely a great thing doing edumacating the hospice werkers and all
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone

Jamesbo I didn't know you were an orator. I also see you caved in to the evil ebarf. Well good luck on both counts.

I think the rain is done with us for the week. My yard is drying out and the dogs don't look like mud wrestlers when they come in.

Clint we've had Maaco up home for a long time now. When I was in high school one of the math teachers would bring his big Buick into the shop for us to work on. One day he brought it in and said, hey guys doesn't it look great? I just had it painted at Maaco. They had masked the trim, poorly, and painted over it. Running your hand over the trunk and hood felt like sand paper. We didn't have the heart to tell him the Buick would never be the same.

Okay night number 2 calls. Hope everyone has a good night and a better tomorrow.
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by slantflat
I also see you caved in to the evil ebarf.
Yeah, Craig's list wasn't do'in much so I caved in. At least on Evil Bay, I get sum action [Like people in Nebraska want'in me to send them pics of the inside of the mufflers]

Bes I figger, a rechromed rear cut out 69 442 bumper is worth at least $500.00. I am not hold'in my breath think'in it gonna meet Reserve.

But cha never know. Ya gotta kiss alot of frogs to meet a Prince.
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

A nice sunny day, and it should be warming up. Probably going to try and make a cruise night tonite.

Good luck Jamesbo.

Sandy, did you manage to find a parking spot?

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:29 AM
CQR

Morning all. Well, The guy I was gonna buy the tranny from backed out of the deal yesterday. So. I may go junkyard hoppin tomorrow. Spose to be cold and crappy the next 3 days with chance of rain or snow.

Bowled pretty well last night. Didn't have a team, so they threw all the odd men out into a pile and we did pretty well. Won all 4 points last night.

Wish it were closer Jamesbo. Not like I need another project tho.

Mike. They do some interesting work, don't they. When I was in high school I wanted to buy a 69 Olds 442 clone that was just painted, and they actually painted over the dirt splashes on the fenders behind the tires

Well its Friday. everyone have a great weekend.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:32 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sent ya a PM.
returned it.
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny but chilly here this morning. Temps were in the 30's early this morning, they're in the 40's now. Some areas had frost last night. Supposed to get up in the mid 70's.

Well it was a wonderful evening at Bellacino's last night! Sooooo nice to see my friends and all the cars. Yep.... I found a space to park. First time Teepo has been out like in the sun where I could walk around and pay attention to things - she was dusty!! Saw some surface rust that popped up on the inner fender that I'm gonna have to take care of. Gonna be hard to get a spray can in there.... I didn't like seeing that. But it's minor.

I saw a girl that I worked with back in the late 70's early 80's and the last I saw her was at my baby shower for Nicole, I think. Might have been before that. Anyhow, her and her husband were at the cruise! It was sooooo nice to see her and catch up some. It's amazing how you lose touch with people. I told her that I will be there every Thursday so she needs to get some of our other old friends and bring them by, lol.

I only took a few pics at the cruise, cause I ran into JoAnn and we talked for so long. Then I had to talk to all my men friends too, lol. Had a little pizza that got cold. I didn't win the 50/50, but I did win a door prize so I chose a Don Sitts gift certificate for a free whatever up to $40. Probably use it for an oil change for Tincanio next time. I forgot my camera, so I can't put the pics on yet. A few Oldsmobiles were there.

Steve is off today so it's nice!! Will keep me a little busier today. I like that.

I had a 7am dentist appt. to get a filling, this morning. I was in and out! Here at work by 10 to 8. Dr. Mark didn't charge me either, after I told him I have a $1700 MRI bill to start paying on, lol. My jaw is sore now though. That's the first time I've had to hold my mouth open for that long. The pressure on the jaw is totally different too when you're laying back rather than sitting up straight. Weird. But it hurts up into my ear now. Slowly fading though.

Well you all have a great Friday!!
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Beautimus Day in Paradise

I am glad you got to go to Bellacino's last eve, too bad you fergot your camera though It's alright I'm sure they'll be plenty more now that it's the season

Well I gotta go fix a buddy's A/C so I'll catch up later
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot.... slow down, bud, lol! I had my camera.... only took a few pics, though.

I forgot to mention.... I sent in my application and $10 check to join the Northern Ohio Chapter of the Olds society a couple weeks ago. I've been waiting to hear from them. So yesterday I get an envelope from them, and all that was in it was a Pre Registration form for the BOP show in June, and a Pre Registration form for the Olds show in Alliance in August! No welcome letter or anything, lol. I just thought that was kind of strange, but that must be how they do things.......
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Always room for one more

Hey Good Morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work, but it's always a bummer when I have to stay to 9:30. It's not that I mind staying for the time I'm getting paid for, but when you're the last guy to leave it's a little disheartening. And it's a long night for the dogs. One more, though, and then it's off to New Jersey.

Clint you probably know this, all the big Cadillac Broughams up to 87 had 200R4's in them. At least the ones with the Olds 307. Always a bunch of those cars in the local pull apart.

So speaking of projects, I saw a post from a friend of a guy north of me on ROP that's parting a 67 Cutlass. I emailed him and he said this weekend he's bringing home a nice 4door Supreme body. I would love to get ahold of something like this and build it up from scratch. Sort of like what I'll end up doing with most of my other projects. He's gonna send me some pictures when he gets it. What does a 67 4door Supreme body go for these days? Who knows maybe he hangs out here. Hey Bill if you're here give me a great deal!

Glad you had a good time last night Sandy. The pressure is off, the first show is done!

Okay time for bed. It's a nice day today so the dogs will probably want to go chase squirrels all day. Hopefully they leave me be somewhat. I'll check in a little later. Everyone have a great day!
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Morning All!

I forgot my camera, so I can't put the pics on yet.
Sorry I misread it to say you had forgot it at the cruise-in
Scot.... slow down, bud, lol! I had my camera.... only took a few pics, though.
Yes mam I need to do just that

Well I fixed my buddy's A/C, the schrader valve's o-rings gave way to the heat during the winter and leaked most the refrigerant out, so I had to pump the refrigerant back into the compressor that was left and lock it down so I could swap out the schrader valve, vacuum the system down and refill it
Old May 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM

Any body understand WTF Scot jes said?

Would cha mine com'in up ere and figger'in out WTH wrong wit my heat pump? I'm on my 3rd compressor.

I might give ya a 442 to drag home,
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:35 PM
CQR

Id be all over that like a hobo on a ham sammich! .

Mike, yes they are. but they aren't very 'performance oriented' either. It takes a lot to make them actually shift into the next gear instead of just kinda falling into it. The guy felt a little guilty and called me back today. So the deal is back on. I'm heading out 1st thing. The id tag says this is a BRF unit out of a 86-87 Grand national. So it should have the good guts in it.
Old May 12th, 2012, 06:35 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

9:30 and I am still the first to post?

Another nice sunny day here so far. It is heading up to 25C this afternoon.

Going to be heading out to work on the Cutlass later this morning.

Yesterday was a great day. I got to go for a tour of one of our Parliament buildings during the morning. Centerblock (the main building) is an amazing place. Then went to a cruise night after work.

Clint, good to hear the deal worked out. And good job taking all the points on the season opener. I won't be bowling again until September. It might conflict with car show stuff.

Mike, do you really need another project?

Sandy, first car event of the season and you are winning already!

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old May 12th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Always room for one more

Hi goodbye.

Of course on my Friday, and needing to fly out I get a bad lead and a worse plane. Actually two of them. So I will be running my tail off trying to get back to the airport to catch my plane.

No Paul I don't need another project, but everything I have is a project so it will fit right in.

Rain started about 6 this morning, which surprised me because the last weather report I saw said clear and sunny through the weekend. Shows what they know.

Okay I've used up my allotted computer time and have to get going. Hope everyone has a good weekend, and I'll be back probably Monday. I hope in one piece.
Old May 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

It's cloudy with scattered, smothered and covered with sprinkles

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Any body understand WTF Scot jes said?
Schrader valve is the same exact thingy that is inside the valve stem on your tires that lets air in but not out unless you press the core in. Yea that is what the layman term is valve core Anywho there are two o-rings on dem and the one that counted was leaking the other one seals it when you thread it in.
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Would cha mine com'in up ere and figger'in out WTH wrong wit my heat pump? I'm on my 3rd compressor.

I might give ya a 442 to drag home,
You better believe I would Just say the werd.........

Welp were doing our umpteenth descending of the cast of Spartacus today, with a birthday and Mother's Day in the mix for those that ain't within calling distance w/out punching in the area code first

Have a great Satraday Olds friends

Scot
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:02 AM

morning all

Warm and sunny on the left coast today. supposed to be heading for the 80's by tomorrow. Not normal weather for us this time of year but I'll take it.

Jamsbo, kinda of a high price to pay for fixing a heat pump. Sumptum going on there watcha think?
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good to be back...

That Skills competition was amazing. More like a giant trade fair for the under 21 crowd. I have never seen so much talent under a 500,000 sq foot roof. These 'kids' were doing everything from landscape, heavy duty mech, automotive, graphic design, robotics, esthetics, woodwork, construction, welding, refrigeration .... a list that goes on and on. And they are GOOD!!!

While Graeme didn't get a top 3 finish, I am still incredibly proud of him. We know he was within the top 10 in the entire province. (They wouldn't say more than that, so he could be 4th or 10th??) Anyway, that is an incredible achievement. I was able to watch the individual competitions at all the venues and was amazed. Got lots of free goodies from the trades/manufacturing/colleges/safety sectors that were on site head hunting...

Clint - sent you a scanned image of the printout. I think I understand some of it, but others I'm not so sure of. Thx so much for offering help on that.

Pat - Hoping I don't have to go to Hyundai to correct the first shops fixit. In hindsight I should have just booked the wheel alignment there. I'll be somewhat pissed if I have to pay 2X for the same thing.

Sandy - nice to hear you got TPO out and about. WHAT? NO trophy?

Scot - have to go read your post. Proud to see that you know what a stirring stick is used for.

Jamesbo - Ifn yew orates like yew spells, I'd love ta be der an see how many of dem nods off. Hope you get what you're asking for the 69. Have to find it on epay and give it a good lookey over.

Mike - hope you have a great road trip.
Old May 12th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Actually, 4th dual heat compressor went Tango Uniform,

Scot's been a great help via P.m and phone calls try'in to help me figger out des best move/change/ replace etc.

I'm whipped. After yack'in wit 160 hospice werkers from 7:00 a.m. til dinner time, I'm tucker out. After de continuation edumacation meet'in, I threw 2 cats and red dog in de suburban an headed fer de mountains.

Smells like rain but who cares. Got away from de city.

No one is getting close to reasonable on Flea Bay, All de do is ax fer more pics of $hit dat looks like ever utter 69 442 in de world.

we'll see