The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 30th, 2012, 09:08 PM

What are resin taters and cathead biscuits?
Inquiring minds want to know!
an I even like dat movie wit Nelson Eddie and Jeanette McDonald sing'in "When I'm call'in Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu."
back in '67, my parents bought an Admiral console stereo...the big thing to have "back in the day" an one of the first albums that they had was Nelson and Jeanette McDonald aka the "Canadian Sweethearts". Jeesh!, I thought that it was the kids who were supposed to drive their parents crazy with their music, and not the other way around :0
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one

Pat, I was speak'in of my purient interest in cart girls, I don't think I'm gonna take one to play Jeopardy.

Ted, Resin Taters are sorta a throw back to de day when people werked the pine orchards an collected resin from de pine trees. De'd heat it up an fer lunch, de' throw in a tater, When it rises to de top, it's done. Kinda has a slight resin flavor kinda like de greek wine Retsina.

As a cook out novelty we had a resin pot [basically an iron poot dat one you use it fer taters it ain't good fer nothing] When de taters float to de top ya wrap dem in newspaper as the skin has a resin coating.

There's a place down in Baxley Gawga "Georgia Filtered Resin Products" that will sell ya a 50 lb bag of resin. I think they use it commercially still in sum kinda filtering process. [Like nuclear stuff or sum'em]

Cathead buscuits are home made biscuits that normally are not cut out with a biscuit cutter. They're jes big ole biscuit.

Mike, Sounds like a cool project, Whar on your list of projects does it fit. I'm hav'in a hard time keep'in up.

Have a Great day Olds friends.
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Inquiring minds want to know! back in '67, my parents bought an Admiral console stereo...the big thing to have "back in the day" an one of the first albums that they had was Nelson and Jeanette McDonald aka the "Canadian Sweethearts". Jeesh!, I thought that it was the kids who were supposed to drive their parents crazy with their music, and not the other way around :0
Dare's sum movie dat [de name of escapes me now ] Whar dat son kills all the alien invaders from space.
Old May 1st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Another beautiful set of Oldsmobiles on the calendar today!!

Rainy here today - humid already. Supposed to clear up this afternoon. I told Steve I have to leave by 2:15 today. He didn't say anything. Told me it was busy in here yesterday as it was the last day of the month. Waaaaaaah! Sure ain't busy today. One phone call so far.

Clint..... They are soooo cute!!!! Now, that is, lol. They are baby coons aren't they? My brother in law used to raise them. I always liked their little rubbery paws, lol. He would sell them when they got big. Please don't send them this way. How did you catch them?

Jamesbo.... we just called those biscuits "drop" biscuits. I had someone say one time that it looked like the dog walked through them or something, since they weren't cut out or shaped or anything, lol. I be liking me some biscuits!!

Well you all have a great day!
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Afternoon All

Again just a picture perfect day, so I gwan to enjoy it befo it got hot

C-ya later
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:33 AM
Captain Starfire

Nice Weather????

Well, Clint, if you like saunas, you'll love the weather here!

Yessaday my lovely & I took my pik-em-up truck to N.O. to pick up something from a friend to bring back up to the Plantation. The rub: A/C is busted.... it was 92 on way home and the wind coming thru the windows was more like a convection oven blower... However, chances for a little rainin' spell go up tomorrow (Wednesday), which will diminish the temps... but perhaps make all that hay at Jazz Fest smell like the horse dung it was meant for!

In the years I used to go, we never really minded a few drops to cool things off a bit, as long as it doesn't storm. I don't think they're predickin' no storms dis week.... jus a few dark clouds and a sprinkling of heavenly dew to cool the masses....

FALSE: Ain't gotta worry about dem "R's" in da momfas any more.... that originated before da' modren refrigeration. However, in general, to give the devil his due, the erstas of da' summa ain't as good as da' erstas u' da' fall, winter, & early spring. I must say, however, that I had some raw in early April (late March?) and they were the best I've ever eaten... bar none.... huge and salty!

Y'all have fun and drive that Olds carefully! That Rocket V8'll be spinnin' up like a 2-stroke. And once you gits here, be safe.... don't venture into any uncharted areas -- especially at night. (Stay with the crowds.) And finally, have a smoked softshell crab po-boy (from the Seafood Galley) and an order of shrimp & lump crab ravigote (from Papa Ninety) for this cajun!

(See food list here, if you've not already seen.)

Originally Posted by CQR
Evnin.
John, make sure you keep the nice weather down there for the weekend. I'm lookin forward to 70' lows, What's the truth about not eatin Oysters when the month doesn't have a 'r' in it? True or false. I was hopin to eat my fill.
Mike, If everything goes as planned we will be arriving in a big ol jet plane(I can't wait to get felt up and have my nudie pictures taken by the security people) after a plane change in Hotlanta. Then we'll drive to Mandeville from Biloxi. Thats a long drive(Den to LA) in the olds, without an overdrive. (which I'm currently looking for)
Have a great night all.
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:21 AM

morning all

Cool but dry here might even reach 60 today. Coons are cute when there that small but they grow in to big old boar coons that can do a lot of damage. You can keep em.

We call drop biscuits here too Sandy. Don't look like a cat's head to me

Where's Blue these days?
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....Where's Blue these days?

I don't have a clue. He left us again, or something. I hope everything is ok.

Well I've about had my fill of Brian's whiney pi$$y a$$ today, lol. I'm glad I'm gettin out of here soon........
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy doody everyone!

In a moment I will try my hand at rebuilding a one barrel carburetor. I haven't done that in many years. I will also put in an extra filter in case there is crud in the tank trying to make its way to the carb. Old 6cyl Chev's shouldn't be this much trouble.

Clint going through Atlanta you must be flying Big D. If you're flying United give yourself plenty of extra time. They are having more trouble than usual with their new computer system. You'll be here right in the middle of my work week, otherwise I'd say I'd run up there and shake yer hand. When are you coming back through?

Excellent day today. The temp is hovering around 90 here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Almost makes me want a pool. I could always jump in the lake and swim with the fishes. Of course that means different things in other parts of the country.

I know Sandy is already gone from work for the day, I forget what she was having done. Wheel paint matching?

Okay out to the carb.
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Captain Starfire

he he!

Nuttin' "pure" about what you wuz thinkin', JAMESBO!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Anutter hot one
Pat, I was speak'in of my purient interest in cart girls, I don't think I'm gonna take one to play Jeopardy.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well Teepo is on the rack. I'm watching through the window. Pan is off- Mark said there's a little bit of fine metal stuff in the bottom of the pan which is probably normal due to her age. He looked at the modulator and such and said things look good. I told him she shifts very nicely no clunks or anything and she better be the same way when they're done lol. Oohhh... shes down off the rack now. I gotta see what they're doing. ...
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Thanks to Jamesbo and GA Oldsman for the lovely get well cards to my TW.

She had trouble trying to comprehend why strangers would send her a get well card.

II told her that Olds owners were not "strangers!"

--Don
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Thanks to Jamesbo and GA Oldsman for the lovely get well cards to my TW.
No problem Don we hope she is recovering well

Originally Posted by Ddbord
She had trouble trying to comprehend why strangers would send her a get well card.

II told her that Olds owners were not "strangers!"

--Don
That is the truth, were all family here

Scot
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM

I finally got the '71 out of storage, after dodging rain showers the last couple of days. Got 'er home, gave 'er a wash, and went for a cruise. I pulled into my driveway, and was closely followed by a couple guys interested in it (I have for sale signs on the side rear windows), one of them made an offer...I said money talks, we'll see.
Old May 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well the site was down again for about 15 minutes or so a while ago. "Database Error" it said. Glad it's up and running again.

Don.... I sent my card out yesterday, so she should get it in a couple days. Hope she is doing well!

Well Teepo's tranny seems to be ok! She shifted just as smoothly and quietly on the way home as she did on the way there. Mark took her out for the test drive when the guy was done with it - he loved her! He said she rides soooo nice, he didn't realize how much he missed driving those old cars, lol, and he didn't notice anything wrong with the steering. So hopefully she won't want anything else!!! Cruisin starts next week. Yaaayyyyyyyy!!!

Nicole said her job interview went well. They like her and they'll give her more info next week. Not a lot of money, but a job nonetheless, lol. She's applying at a place for people with disabilities.

I posted a new thread in the General Discussion with pics of Teepos new power steering hoses. I took some pics while I had her idling in the driveway when I got back from Defer this afternoon. I remembered I hadn't posted any pics! I think they look very nice.

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 1st, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old May 1st, 2012, 07:39 PM

Just quickly checking in tonite.

Car show season has officially started here, with the season's first cruise night. It was a cloudy evening, but about 20 cars still showed up.

Hope things are going well for everyone.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:32 AM

Mawn'in

Anutter beautiful but hot one today. I think we skipped spring all together.

[QUOTE=cutlassgal;400534] Nicole said her job interview went well.

I would hope so, She's had enough practice.

Glad cha got Teepo fixed up befo de season starts, Now go out dar an bring home de gold.

Don, It's kinda funny, On face book I've known most of my friends fer over 40 years. But I have more in common with my Olds friends dan my high school/college friends. Here's to your TW speedy recovery.

My Super model has a co werker from Bangadesh whose wife she has helped with her language problems, getting her kids enrolled in the proper school etc. etc.

Anywho, It kinda reminds me of Clint Eastwoods neighbors in "Grand Tornino" Every time I turn around they're giv'in her all kinds of wierd food to bring home fer me to try. I don't have a clue what most of it is but it taste pretty good.Bes I can figger out it's got curry and garlic in it.
Never had Bangadesh cuisine befor or since. Didn't even no thar was such a thing.............live an learn.

Have a great day Olds friends. GTG to de big city dis mawn'in.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:13 AM
CQR

Good morning olds friends.

John, thanks for the advise. I'm ready for some cajun food. Also ready for some of those critters that live in the water. .

Mike. we are coming back thru (on Delta) on Tuesday afternoon.

Sandy glad to hear Teepo is feeling better, and Don the same goes for your missus.

Paul shouldn't we be seeing some pics of the cutlass by now?
Old May 2nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sun and clouds here this morning - temps in the 60's. Supposed to get up to the mid 80's today with storms possible later. We had rain last night.

Clint.... I thought about you last night - there was a coon wandering around the back yard right about dark last night, lol. Larry didn't shoot it. I went out and put the cat food in the garage. This morning there was a possum wandering along the fence line way in the back of the yard.

Doodle (my cat) came trapsing through the yard last evening from over our neighbor's way, carrying a rabbit in his mouth soooo proudly! He proceeded to drop it right on the rug in front of the kitchen door in the breezeway. He started batting it around so I went out and moved the rug away from the door.... then he started chomping it. It was disgusting. I threw what was left of the poor thing out under the big tree later on. Ewwwwwww.....

Well the temp is up to 76 in here today. Sure hope I don't have to fight with Brian's pi$$y a$$ again today about the AC. It was 80 in here yesterday - Steve AND Clay both had their friggin heaters on, so I wanted to turn on the AC at lunch time when they left just to drop the temp a couple degrees. Well..... Brian brought his lunch, and he had a baby fit when I turned the AC on!!!! I flipped it back off. I ate my lunch out at Clay's desk and propped open the door to get some air in here. My God! I said "When YOU get hot, you'll turn it on, Brian, regardless of the rest of us". He said I must have something going on with myself because he didn't think it was hot. I said I have 2 thermometers that both say it's 80 degrees Brian, but I'm sure it's me, yeah. I said did you ever think it may be YOU?? So, he turns off my fan while I'm walking at lunch time, I didn't say anything. He says "I turned the AC to 73 degrees, so it will kick on when needed. Steve had his heater on again after lunch. Well the AC kicked on when my thermometer got up to 78 in here. So there's at least a 5 degree difference from where the thermostat is in Clay's office to this hot room back here where we sit. If I would have had to work all day, I'd have killed him yesterday!!!

I have never seen a man whine so much in my life!!!!!!! Never! I love him to death, but you can tell he was raised with all sister's!! He's off Friday, thank God. It's always all about him. Always. With everything.....

He just left to go to McDonalds to get his breakfast - he picked up his jacket then put it back down, and he said I probably won't need this. I said Are you sure? It's only 64 degrees out - you might get cold..... A$$......

It's quiet today. Haven't had a phone call yet.

I forgot all about my 6:00 dentist appointment last night, until they called at 6:20 wondering if all was ok. I've never done that before, lol! Just spaced it right out!! I hope they don't charge me $20 like some places do.

Well you all have a happy humpday!!
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Everyone

It's another hot one here and like Jamesbo said we've had no Spring. For that matter we haven't had a Spring here in a few years. It's either freezing cold or super hot Not complaining but I do like to enjoy a few months of mild temps before busting into the 90's

Sandy every office I've worked in, including the Post Office the women have always been cold natured and kept their space heater on pretty much year round I'm like you and I personally like it to be between 72 and 74 degrees during the summer, definitely not 80

Clint yall be safe and enjoy yourselves down in da Big Easy

Jamesbo that Bangledese cookin sounds like Indian (India) cuisine to me. Too much curry will ruin a dang good meal in a minute, but a little bit is a great change to the same old, same old...

What are you asking for your '71, 1969w3155? Cutlass Supreme isn't it? Do you have it listed anywhere or just the F/S signs?

Well I guess I'd better go get the stuff to repair the pool frame. I know a certain bunch of gals that want to go swimmin soon

TTFN

Scot
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM

Howdy all,

I got the battery in the 442 yesterday and fired her up. Checked all the fluids. She's running pretty good. The first car show is on Saturday, but it's still too early for me. I'll go to the largest swap meet in Alberta on Saturday instead.

Insurance is in place, now I just need to get the little sticker for 2012. It will expire in November so I never have to pay for a full year. So it'll be about $40 to register the car this year. I could go for vintage plates ($35 for life), but I'll have to give up my personalized plates (442MUCH).

Going out for lunch today, so talk late. Have a great day everyone.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Always room for one more

Heidi Ho!

I'll third the hot and sunny here in GA today. I love this kind of weather. But no shade on the driveway means it's tough to wash cars.

The carb kit for the 68 Chevy truck was a success. Oddly enough there's a vacuum port on the base that isn't used and is capped, but the engine runs better with the cap off than with it on. Go figure. Hey whatever makes it happy.

I'm supposed to go with a guy this afternoon to retrieve his deer stands from some guy's property. Haven't heard from him so I have no idea what's going on. I guess it's too much to ask that someone doing a favor for someone should be kept aprised of the schedule.

Clint if you want and have a bit of a layover in ATL send me your flight information and I'll see if I can make it up there and greet you. Have a great time.

Looks like I'll be headed to Florida this weekend. I need to get the RV from hell but it won't be this trip. A friend of mine has bought an Amphicar project and wants my opinion on it.

The dogs want a snack. Looks like a good time to get something. Everyone have a great day.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM

Good Evening All.

Another cloudy day here, and it's going to rain tomorrow. But at least it is warming up.

Clint, unfortunately I have not been making much progress with the Cutlass.

I need to try getting on here earlier, so I can take the time to write a longer post.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM

What are you asking for your '71, 1969w3155? Cutlass Supreme isn't it? Do you have it listed anywhere or just the F/S signs?
Not listed yet, have to get the front trans. seal repaired...again!! took it in 2 years ago (about 1200 miles), and told them what needed to be done, it started leaking again last fall, which might explain the low bill. I will be taking it to another trans shop shortly. Then I will be asking $8900.00
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Wake up sleepyheads!!! It's cloudy this morning, very humid, and 68 degrees! Heading up to the high 80's later on, chances of storms.

It's a muggy 78 degrees in this friggin office already. I turned on the fan as soon as I walked in..... The AC just kicked on, but it's set so high that it doesn't really get cool. My water bottle is sweating already.... I'm soooooo glad Brian's whiney a$$ is off tomorrow!!!!

Well I think Bellacinos is cruisin tonight! - I have to call and make sure it isn't next week though. I hope the weather holds..

Got my new lug nuts from Summit on Tuesday. They're beautiful, lol. Gotta check with Bob and see whats going on with the paint.....

Have a good day all!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one down ere.

Sandy, Sum mawn'ins I jes stare at de screen. Must be Writers block. I was wait'in fer you to post sum'em dat I could add to. But you ain't much help today.

Sorry to ere your water bottle is sweat'in but I'm glad Brian's off.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

You make me laugh Jamesbo!!
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:01 AM

Morning all. Well I did it. I bought a 40" 16:9 LED 1080 HDMI (and all that jazz) TV for the garage. Karen looked at me like I was nuts, but I do spend a lot of time in there. It will replace the 27" 4x3 that seemed just too small. I guess if I installed a bathroom and it would be complete . Since the TV is LED, I'll bring it in at the end of the summer so it won't freeze. I also bought a wall stand that extends and tilts. Boy, movie nights will be a hoot now.

Little cool this morning, about 6C to start, but next week they're calling for temps in the 20'sC. Anyway, that's my news. I'll post a few pix when I get the TV installed. Have a good day.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

Copy & paste day here, but it's a beautiful sunny morn.

Sandy, I wouldn't worry too much about that strap Rob was talking about but I would get something like the one I posted or maybe could find a good used one. I don't even think a concours type show would call you on it if you had the one I posted. I would get it off of the steering box though and re-route it the correct way. Just my .02

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Not listed yet, have to get the front trans. seal repaired...again!! took it in 2 years ago (about 1200 miles), and told them what needed to be done, it started leaking again last fall, which might explain the low bill. I will be taking it to another trans shop shortly. Then I will be asking $8900.00
Not a bad price on a beautiful car. Did it come with duals and the cutout bumper or was that added later?

I hope everyone has a beautimus day
Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM

Did it come with duals and the cutout bumper or was that added later?
The bumper and tips were added by a previous owner, I had new tips (Fusick) welded on a couple of years ago, and had a local shop bend up a galvanized system in '05.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:28 AM

Morning all

Cool and wet, hope it clears up. I am supposed to go with the Thursday night garage group look at a guys collection tonight should be fun.

Supposed to be sunny this weekend so gonna do some cruising

Have a great day all
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Captain Starfire

Still mawnin'

Iffin' I were at my old house before Katrina, I'd axe you to stop by Clint; but now we're "plum nelly" (plum out the city and nelly out the state) in Ponchatoula, and we're commuting over an hr. every day each way... I used to be able to ride my bike to the Fair Grounds in about 15 minutes.
Hope you are havin' a swingin' time.... no rain on the horizon... just heavy-duty ultraviolet ...

Today may be the best day of all 7 as far as crowds go.

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Originally Posted by CQR
John, thanks for the advise. I'm ready for some cajun food. Also ready for some of those critters that live in the water.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM

Pat,

Decide to go smack white round one mor time befo it rains. 44/37 smok'in
Old May 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Dern Jamesbo you are one of those profeskinals now That's the trick ya gotta play mo than onced a week

Sandy? Here's your part $3. + the ride http://shop.docrebuild.com/1963-1967...GM4778650.aspx
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's just gorgeous here today!! It's up to 88 degrees, sunny still, and breezy. I bonded with my lounge chair at lunch time! Sure didn't want to come back in this hot box......

Bellacino's starts next Thursday, I called them earlier. Of course it's looking rainy most of the friggin week...

Scot! I looked at that exact same ad earlier, lol. I was doing a search. It doesn't look like what Rob posted though? His looks bigger in the pic he posted on my parts wanted thread. Like I told him, I'm gonna stop posting pics so you all quit finding things I didn't know was missing, lol!!

I'm thinking of going to the Spring Dustoff on Sunday........
Old May 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I bonded with my lounge chair at lunch time!
Between car shows an lunch time. Dat must be one well worn lounge chair.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Cutlass Lover

I keep a lounge chair at work, one at home, and I just have a 'sitting' canvas chair with a hood for the car shows, lol.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well... I just got off the phone with friggin United Healthcare - bills are rolling in from that MRI. I got a $242.00 bill from a radiology dept. in Cleveland. I looked at the UHC statement on line, and it was denied because "surgery of the jaw isn't covered unless the injury is from something traumatic or cancer". I called and when I finally got a person, I said I didn't have any surgery!!!!!! I had an MRI. So she sent me to the Resolution Dept. and I explained it all again to them.

This lady said she thinks the radiologist didn't use the same diagnosis as the MRI did! And this is my fault how? So she said she sent the bill back for different coding, it should have been paid. I agree.

You know they - Akron General - charged $5300 for the MRI to UHC, UHC's discounted amount they paid Akron General was right around $4000, and my part is something like $1328 that I have to pay. And we wonder what's wrong with health care??? It sucks, lol! I shouldn't have to call them with every bill. I went through all this calling before I had the friggin thing done...... what a mess. Well hopefully I won't have to pay that extra $242 I didn't know I was going to get hit with.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Lazy day today. It started out sunny but now it's cloudy. I hope that rain bypasses us.

Had last night off so only two this week. Then it's off to Florida.

Ken whatever became of the Hurst?

Hope everyone has a good day and evening.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM

Jamsbo. Your a much better golfer then me. you otta hit the senior tour

Found this little bit of trivia on youtube about a little local Tacoma band. I use to go see them all the time back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljLi_hBLy3A