The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Morning All

Cold and windy here today! My wood stove has not been off for a month!

Mike, I detest selling cars! I am up to 16 , so I guess I had better take a course or something I like them, that's why I buy them in the first place!

Allan, you would post that just before I crawl into bed for a long winters nap!
I had visions of bed bugs dancing in my head

Off to the local greasy spoon, where whole grain is not spoken of!

Have a good morning!

Ted
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Yep, Like Scot said it's a beautimus day down ere.

Scot, I hit de Awful house yesterday, I always gets 2 sausage paddies and chop dem up and toss dem in a big ole bowl of grits [wit butter of course]

I'm sell'in de car cause I've run outa room and am sick of buy'in and maintain'in so much stuff. I jes not happy wit a bunch of unfinished projects lay'in round. I'm one of dem "Everything has a place and there's a place fer everything." At one time I had 8 69 442's

Alan, I'm sorry but I was drug up drink'in outa a water hose. I think a perfectly sterile enviorment is bad fer ya. My Doctor's head nurse grew up on a pig farm near Valdosta and has never had a cold. Her imune system is stronger dan Superman's.

Speak'in of which, I gots a question fer ya. If Silica poison'in is so dangerous [when sand blast'in] How come every golf course in de world has 200 mexicans wit back pack blowers blow'in leaves outa de sand traps every day.[w/o any kinda mask]

Ever thunk of dad one?
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Good night at work. Got done early, got home early, and like I do every morning when I get home from work I had a big bowl of Lucky Charms. I save the Awful house for my weekend.

Ted you only have 16? Amateur. What course would you take, I may need to enroll as well.

Yes Paul RVs can be fun. Here are the cliff notes of the RV from hell. I flew to West Palm Beach in March of last year and bought an 83 Pace Arrow 34ft Class A. It gave me trouble 16 miles later. Called the seller, sorry it ran when you left here. Had it hooked, twice, ended up at Walmart in WPB. Had it hooked again to a GMC place. They had it a week and said it was the gas tank/pick up that was bad. Flew back and drove to see friends in Daytona Beach. I said I couldn't believe what a pain this thing was and that I'd give it away in a minute if I could. Not sure if I was serious but a few minutes later mutual friend is on the phone saying he could use it blah blah blah. So it ends up in DeLand at said friend's business. Over the course of a year several people were going to use it, never did, it ended up with some guy in a trailer park. This guy never gave friend the money he owed, so it got "reposessed." It's now back in DeLand and I'm going sometime in the next couple weeks to drive it home. I'm not looking forward to this trip, but it's caused a lot of grief that I never intended so the best thing is for me to just bring it home. And once it's home I can sort it and get some use out of it.

Allan I sleep on a waterbed. No dust mites there. What's funny is when I first got this thing when I was in jr. high the guy told me, always put this stuff in the water so algae doesn't grow. Well I always had algae in the mattress. What it matters I don't know, so I'd always go get more stuff. Finally I said this ain't working so I quit buying the stuff. Lo and behold the algae went away. So what does that tell us?

Okay bedtime. Hope everyone has a great Friday and has lots of plans for the weekend.

Mike
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:41 AM

Hallo zusammen....

No rain and quite sunny here. Temp goes up to 15°C

My last day off, tomorrow I start with a new five day work week.
But I look forward to my next weekend. Then I go to
"Kegeltour ins Sauerland"....

Mike, in 1988 I start in the same Job here at the Airport.
Work for many years at the Bulk-Hole...
Apropos, in summer I travel all the way with Delta..

Scot, you are right, setting the pace is really a great book...
As yet I read the first 41 pages, Chapter one 1880-1903,
and there are so many news for me, I never known about
Oldsmobile.

Nice start in your weekend all...

Udo
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Friday!

It's cloudy here now. Had some sun early morning. Temps in the 40's. Supposed to clear up later on and head towards 60. We needed that rain we got yesterday.

Steve is off today so that's nice. No heater going. Brian is in a better mood today which is also nice. I about had it with him yesterday!! Yesterday was a day for just bi*ching about everything it seemed, and I had my fill of it!!

Today is that party we were invited to at our NY facility. I hope they have fun. There will be a bigger celebration when they get the addition done and then have an open house for it. I plan on going to that one, and I don't care who's going to be here and who is off! Simple. It's sure not busy in here this morning at all.

Mike... I love Lucky Charms, lol! One of my favorite cereals.... when I can chew, that is. I also love Captain Crunch and Life. I can eat Life cause it gets soggy fast so I don't have to chew it much, lol. I had instant grits w/butter this morning, and a container of yogurt. Yummm....

The weather is still looking good for Monday so I can get Teepo to Dons. It's gonna be a cold one here tomorrow. Rainy and in the 40's..... I'm about tired of this! But it looks like we have some 70's coming in next week so that will be nice. Hope it stays finally!!

Oh yeah..... I got a nice email from Sharlene at the Olds Club, and she will send me another card and sticker! I'm excited!

Well you all have a good day.

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 27th, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM

What a crap day! Snow/rain mix and slush everywhere. Will turn into rain in a few hours. I haven't even uncovered the 442. Battery is still on the shelf in the game room down stairs. Can wait for the car shows to start. Hey Alan, are you game for the proposed California trip next year? Check out the President's Message from the newsletter on our website.

Have a good day everyone. I'll check in at lunch time.....I hear Dubai calling.
Old April 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM

Good morning from the left coast

Cool but blue sky this morning,

Jamesbo I signed up for some tune up lessons at the driving range so maybe with a little luck I can get back to under 90 again. We'll see. Joined a group of guys called the Thursday night garage association. No dues no rules, just a bunch of guys who get together for talking cars and cruising been fun so far.

I have been motorhoming since 73. Been around the country great way to travel but not for some. Played a lot of golf courses and been to a lot of neat areas. I always suggest to newbee's that they rent one for two weeks minimum then see if you hate it or like it. Mines a 38' turbo diesel pusher that I maintain myself.

Well gotta get back to work so I can take the Olds out cruising this afternoon.

have a great day all
Old April 27th, 2012, 08:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

News Flash!!!

Teepo has a twin sister, except this one isn't as pretty as Teepo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsm...item46032fecfe
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot!!!!! Why oh why did you post this??? You know I want it!!!!!! Ok, lets take up a collection, lol!!! Oh she does look just like Teepo! Same interior. And she's so clean underneath! Teepo isn't, lol. Notice her color is just listed as 'green'. Looks like Pinehurst to me..... Oh I WANT IT!!!!!!!!! She has the stripe down the fender..... Ohhhhhhh.....
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM

"Take me, buy me, give, me." Sandy, Then you'd need anutter garage and on an on an on.

I'm try'in too teach de Prince [stepson] how to cook sum'in different every time he comes home from college. Zo, de utter day, I slap together a beer up de butt chicken wit garlic, and worchester sauce. Yummy, comes off de grill real nice.

He really likes it. Zo, when he heads back to school, I say, "Ya want me to wrap de chicken up and throw it in a cooler fer ya?"

"Nope, I don't like left overs."

Sho am gald, cause I jes stripped dat chicken to de bone and made sum of de best chciken salad fer lunch.

Pat, Good luck wit de lessons. Get'in under 90 is easy, it's stay'in dare dats de hard part. But remeber ole Bagger's say'in, "It's a game to be played and never won."

Is CO act'in goffy today or is it jes me?
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Aren't Friday's just Grand??

Well it had to happen. I think we got cursed by car designer (gonna abbreviate you CD from now on).
Woke up this morning here to 0° and SNOW. About 2" of it came down and stopped around 10:00. Starting to melt now but temps will only be about 4° today.

Scott - My mattress needs replacing I think. All the lil critters are getting to fat and lazy from all the accumulated dead skin??? I think I'm gonna peel the sheets and steam clean it. Maybe just throw it out would be better. Does your new mattress still have that 'new car smell'?? I think that would be nice to have in a mattress. But that's just me....

Jamesbo - sorry to bring up a nasty topic. What exactly happened to the burnt crispy? Are you restoring it or is it done? Never did hear. What kind of car are you trying to sell now?

To all - sorry if that pic creeped you out. Amazing what some of the worlds small critters look like isn't it?

If you really want to see the perspective of us in life? Have a look at this link (it has sound BTW): http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white

TTYL peoples!
Old April 27th, 2012, 10:58 AM

Alan, It was totalled but because of the age, I bought it back from de insurance company, [actually they just deducted the salvage value from my check]I then sold it to a guy who restored it and sold it in BJ auction.

I had it, I enjoyed it, but I don't care if I own another one.

I'l try'in to sell a 69 442 with non# matching 455. Donny [DonL442] rigged a dual gate in a 69 consol [with cup holder] It was a trophy blue car with back vinyl top and black interior. It's been taken down to bare metal. all rust repaired, primed and ready for wet sanding and paint. [My frigg'in brother in law sold his body shop in the middle of getting this one ready]
I've got the bumpers rechromed sitting in wrapping paper.Mechanically its darn near perfect. It needs, front windshield, interior kit, and reassembly.[and of course paint.] It's an a/c power brakes/steering optioned car w/14" SS II's
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
To all - sorry if that pic creeped you out.
Allan, are you showing pictures of the Prime Minister again?
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

.....Is CO act'in goffy today or is it jes me?

I got a message saying "the site was down for maintenance" a while ago, so they musta been working on it. Seems ok now......

Jamesbo..... I really want that clone car, lol!! I'd pay for storage, lol!! Isn't it purty?? Darn you Scot!!!
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.....Is CO act'in goffy today or is it jes me?

I got a message saying "the site was down for maintenance" a while ago, so they musta been working on it. Seems ok now......

Jamesbo..... I really want that clone car, lol!! I'd pay for storage, lol!! Isn't it purty?? Darn you Scot!!!
Tonite, say sum incantations over a candle fer me. If I win the lotery, it's yours.
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Cutlass Lover

I will! Thank you Jamesbo!!!
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey all,
Yup the site was acting goofy for me today too. Didn't get any msgs about mtce though.

Sandy - you never mind Jamesbo's clone. You go buy Teepo's brother from that guy. BTW that white paint stripe is correct; and I'm sure that's Pinehurst Green too. The interior looks immaculate! Does Teepo have A51 or A65 front seating?

Jamesbo - Sweet project. Too bad about the body shop

Ken - The Kally four nya tour? If I get all my suspension/cooling system/brakes/engine/ diff and fuel system done in time I could prolly do that. Will they let my car across the CA border without emission control stickers on it? Do I need to buy a gun to defend myself from car jacking? The answer to these and other burning questions before the event.....I'm just hoping it will be together enough to bring to Olds in July

Do you guys pay tax on lottery winnings?
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:58 PM

Do you guys pay tax on lottery winnings?

Did Rose Kennedy own a black dress?
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Now Sandy, whatcha gonna do with two? Blue would shoot me $17,900.00 is decent money, just think if it sells for that then Teepo must be worth $20K I will watch it to see if it does sell. Hmmm 16,000 actual miles.

Jamesbo I love those "Drunken Chickens" Bye de bye I think it's the generation, none of my girls will touch leftovers But hey I do and most of the time it's mo better the second time 'round. I keep tellin em dey better stay in school, cause dey sure got some 'spenskiv taste And dey never would've made it during my upbringin, much less b'fo dat

Yep Allan, still smells purdy It's a double pillowtop with this new spill proof cover we opted for, so if I spill my crown, ice & water I can scoop it right up. No harm, no foul
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Always room for one more

I thought I saw stripes on the Teepo clone's power steering hoses.
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hmmm looking again it says it is a repaint. I'd have to see the pedals to believe it only has 16,000 miles or 116,000. Also the front seal on the engine seems to be leaking oil, but it's easier to fix than the rear seal
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by slantflat
I thought I saw stripes on the Teepo clone's power steering hoses.
Oooohhh nooooo not the stripes
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Did Rose Kennedy own a black dress?
Dunno - she never wore it whenever I asked her out, but I did get a dead salmon dumped on my doorstep a couple of times D'ohhhh, now I get it.....musta bought them at a presidents day sale...
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM

Dunno - she never wore it whenever I asked her out, but I did get a dead salmon dumped on my doorstep a couple of times D'ohhhh, now I get it.....musta bought them at a presidents day sale...

Better dan a dead horse head in your bed.

Scot/Mike, Please don't start dat hose thing. Y'all gonna drive Sandy crazy
[an it's a short trip]

Whar's Blue when we need him?
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot/Mike, Please don't start dat hose thing. Y'all gonna drive Sandy crazy [an it's a short trip]
Yup, I concur. My fault in the first place for suggesting them to her. On de bright side you CAN buy hose striping kits!

Sandy - I just checked and you cannot buy that other car. It's not safe. No rear seat seatbelts. Now yer off de hook! If I win a huge lottery up here? I'll make sure you get dose hoses striped like you want dem! Woo hooo! are you ready to jump yet???? BTW I wouldn't want to take a chance on driving that car any further than the nearest tire store to replace those bias ply tires.
Old April 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM

Sandy's just like a girl at the mail two's gotta be cheaper then one if there on sale, Save 50%......................oh and then I will have twins so I can always buy two of every thing in the accessory department then look at all the money I'll save.............. oh and I'll save money on shipping too. love ya Sandy
Old April 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Always room for one more

Well, she does live in "Twins"burg. And they're the color of Doublemint gum.

So Pat, it isn't the camping that I'm adversed to, it's the breaking down every 30 minutes that I'm not used to. I'd love to replace the 454 with something diesel, because then I could get fuel for free!

Allan that's a pretty interesting thing, the observable Universe. I would like to know what the beach ball of death is, I think.

Any interest on the car yet Jamesbo?

Ah Friday. I'm pretty sure that my punishment for leaving at 7 this morning will be that I get to leave at 930 tomorrow morning. Such petty management we have. That's okay, I have five days to myself when I leave there. They can't touch me then!

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening and has a great weekend.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:00 PM

Any interest on the car yet Jamesbo?
Not really, I got an e-mail from sum Yahoo who wanted to know the milage. I looked at my watch and it was 7:45, so I told him 74,500.
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:08 PM

You know if Sandy buy's that car she'll have to get a third one. If she shows them all together she can use a Star Wars theme and bill them as
3TPO
Old April 27th, 2012, 05:43 PM

Morning all, raining here again, here's hoping not for the next month like last time

Sorry I haven't been more attentive but life and work leave me little time at the moment

Sorry to hear about your lose Jamesbo, our condolences.

Hope the TW gets better soon Pat, then she should be running rings around you with that new hip

Sandy we could always ship Teepo's sister down to me then I could drive her all the time. I think that would be best

So did you end up buying that H/O Ken? looks good for the price but I can't really judge as old cars down here are just so overpriced compaired to over there

Glad to hear you got a couple cruises in Pat

I finally got the oil pump changed over back to std and in the process smashed my head on the front number plate as I was getting out from under her. Still have a sore head and that was 4 days ago

As soon as the weather improves she needs to go for a much needed run I think, probably up the coast

Well take care everybody, I'll try get on more regularly

Adrian
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
You know if Sandy buy's that car she'll have to get a third one. If she shows them all together she can use a Star Wars theme and bill them as .....3TPO
Ohhh that's just horrible.....
Maybe we could get Sandy one of these costumes to wear if she did that though...
Old April 28th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Morning

Mike, the abbreviated title of the course would be; How to sell a classic car that you saved from certain death in less than 5mins after you have bought it-101

Picking up a Olds 350 today, out of a 68 Cutlass that a guy was going to take to scrap!

Have a great day everyone

Ted
Old April 28th, 2012, 08:58 AM

morning all

Today's project consists of installing a 12 volt transmission pump and a tow bar backing plate on my wife's Hyundai Sonata so I can tow it behind my motorhome. Then plan another trip around the states. I have to take off the front plastic to get to the metal parts. This should be fun.

Slantflat you could always install a Duramax diesel V8 and transmission out of a late model chev pickup. Plenty of hp and torque to move you motor home around. The engine is made by Isuzu and is a stout unit.

Have a great day all
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mawnin People

Beautimus day here in the south, darn near hot with temps well into the mid 80's and climbing

They are having an air show at the Air Force Base, so we may take the kids to see it After that I plan to cook steaks on the grill, have a few cocktails and wish my brother-in-law a Hippo Burpday

Jamesbo, you gonna make attendance today? I just got home from work, it was a long shift today

Pat where all do you plan on seeing this time around? I'm sure you'll probably avoid Mississippi They may put you to work I want to travel like that one day.

Adrian it's good to hear from you, sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

Well yall have a great day

Scot
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Here
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday everyone!

Scot if I would have known there was an air show down there I wouldn't have slept until 12:30.

Such a surprise. I got out of work at 4:30 this morning. That doesn't happen very often. Makes for a real good Friday, didn't see that coming at all. It's such a nice day out I'll spend the afternoon outside.

Jamesbo don't say so much.

Adrian glad you popped in.

Pat I'd love to do something like that. My initial thought was a 6.2 or a 6.5 turbo, but whatever it might make that heavy thing move along a little better, though the 454 doesn't do too badly. I'd hate to think what a 34ft RV weighs.

Okay! Time to do something. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Saturday morning and it's nice out, well for Alberta anyway. Looks like the forecast is unsettled for the next 3-4 days. On the plus side we should be in the temp range of around 50-60F with scattered showers.

Scott - in the 80's? Hows the humidity?

Pat - what year Sonata? I have a 2007 Limited. If you need info on the front end there's a Hyundai site that has that. I got the info from them about how to take of the front bumper cover so I can sand and repaint it.

Ted - good to know you have a 'condensed version'. Hate to see the real title

Hmmm, looks like others are sleeping in or doing something else with their time.
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Here
All better now

Scot if I would have known there was an air show down there I wouldn't have slept until 12:30.
It's going on tomorrow as well Featuring the Blue Angels http://warnerrobins.13wmaz.com/news/...re-blue-angels I've even spotted some P-51 Mustangs flying over the Post Office this morning Come on down and check it out I think were gonna hold off until tomorrow to go as well.

Scott - in the 80's? Hows the humidity?
Luckily it's only around 29% at the moment But it won't be long before it's above 65% regularly
Old April 28th, 2012, 03:03 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

I was really trying to go a week with perfect attendance, but just too tired last night.

The weather today is pretty nice, sunny and above freezing. Same for tomorrow.

Yesterday was a good day for seeing classic cars. I saw a late 60's Mustang and C-10, a '68 Camaro and the most surprising one was a '67 (?) Buick Wildcat convertible. It was right outside my office window, 10 floors down. No clue it was there, until I HEARD it start. It sounded really nice.

My family used to go camping, eventually we upgraded to a small Dodge based RV. I enjoyed going camping.

Sorry about the white stuff Allan. Oh, and call me Paul if you want.

3TPO

Adrian, is it the car... or you that needs the much needed drive?

Sandy, you know you waaaaant it.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old April 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Gray, dank, rainy and cold here today. It was spittin snow early this morning, but it turned to rain. Had some sun peek out around 5 pm. Didn't last long. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny. Hope the weather is still supposed to be nice on Monday.

I didn't do much today. Usual laundry and cleaning. Made some ravioli for supper.

I got my replacement OCA membership card and sticker today! I put the card right in my purse, and the sticker is in a plastic holder on the kitchen table and will be put in Teepo tomorrow!!

Soooo..... did anyone buy Teepo's clone for me yet?? I didn't win the lottery last night. Boy that sure is a purty car. I did notice that it has the black -I don't know what you call it - filler thingys in it's moldings down the sides. Teepo doesn't have filler thingys in her moldings.

Allan R...... Both my old 72's had the fender stripes. And I don't know what seat # Teepo has, but it's exactly like the one in the clone car. I'm sure the back seat belts in the pictures are pushed down behind the seats, lol.

Adrian.... Nice to hear from ya, bud! Hope your head feels better soon.

Ken..... 3TPO??? Now I like that one, lol!!

Scot... I like airshows. I've seen the Blue Angels several times through the years. I like the Thunderbirds better, I think. It's amazing what they can do with those planes. Hope you enjoy the show! Send some of that warm weather up this way.

Mike.... I couldn't see the power steering hoses on the clone car? I went back and looked at the pics again... Oh dear.

Well you all have a good night!!