The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Old April 15th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Half point for Mike...
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM

Sterling Moss?
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:52 AM

Bingo Jamesbo...
Say Thank u to Mike....
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM

Tanks Mike

Now Udo, How many points do I get fer know'in de hot chick by myself an de driver [wit Mike's Help]
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM

Ok.. Final result.. Mike.. 0,5 points
Scot.. 1 point
Jamesbo... 1,5 point + 100 Bonus points for the hot chick.
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:26 AM

Jamesbo,.. you must to prove that u the expert for hot chicks here..

Only for you and again 100 Bonus Points ..

Old April 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM

Grace Kelly [a.k.a The princess of Monaco]

Easy breezy

Scot was still swim'in 'round when these Babes were mak'in me smile.
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM

First attempt... false, Jamesbo... you deeply disappointed me...
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Always room for one more

ooh I know I know!! Pick me!

Princess Leiah's mom!

Mike
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:48 PM

Respect, Mike... you are the hot chick expert here...
Old April 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM

Mike, If that's Carrie Fisher, I'l buy ya a new piano.
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Jamesbo.. you are on wrong way... my hint.. look at the car plate..
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Always room for one more

What does that plate mean, Udo?

Jamesbo I said her MOM! I believe that's Debbie Reynolds.

Jamesbo can keep the hot chick expert title. These gals are pretty, but they don't do much for me. Now, give me someone like Julia Louis-Dreyfus or Jennifer Anniston and we'll talk! By the way, I don't really like Jennifer Anniston, because no matter what she's in, she plays the same character; Rachel. But, you know what they say about eating crackers.....

Got my mowing done with plenty of distraction. Now I don't have to worry about it for another week. I think it's time to goof off now.

Mike
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I see a D on the left of the tag and a R on the right of the tag
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Well it was a gorgeous day here as well! Sunny and we got up to 79 degrees!! I loved it. Windy as heck, though. Didn't have any storms or rain like they said we would this morning.

I worked outside all afternoon. Got my house cleaning done this morning, then headed out. Scrubbed the garage floor with Simple Green. Got the winter salt off of it. Then I schelped the Easter decoration container back up stairs out in the big garage, put the cookie and fudge tins people gave back to me after Christmas back out in the cabinet in the shed, put some stuff back up in the attic, cut back the rose bushes out by the road that I hadn't got to yet and did some weeding. Then I came in and made a chocolate pie for Jr. for his birthday, cleaned up and washed my hair. Finally sat down at 9:00. My back hurts and I'm tired. I got a lot of needed things done. Oh yeah.... planted my bean and pepper seeds in the little seed starter thingys.

Jamesbo... I didn't plant the mater plant yet cause I'm sure the ground is too cold. I just have it sitting out in the breezeway. Wish the nights would stay warm so I could put all my flowers and plants back outside. I'm ready to clean out the breezeway. My Gerbera daisies are blooming like crazy and so are the geraniums, and I'd like to put them outside.

Some of our peonies already have buds and ants on them. I noticed my bleeding hearts just started to come up too. There's a bleeding heart plant by Linda's apt. building that's already out and in full bloom! It's big and beautiful!! So are the lilacs planted right by it. Our lilacs are still small, but the blooms are starting to open, I noticed today.

Well you all have a good evening and I'll talk to ya tomorrow. Weekend is over already. Hopefully they'll get Teepo's painting done tomorrow, and they won't have her out in the friggin rain, and I can get her Tuesday. I hope!
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus day to smack whitey 'round.

Back to de subject at hand.

Yeah, Dat's poor ole Eddie Fishers ex.

I was distracted remember'in how Ava always smoked a ciggie after our get togethers.

Mike to tell ya de truth. If they weren't old enough to have their pin up painted on a B-17 I don't have a clue who they are.

Pat, Ere's a pic of Bubba's shot

Have a great day Olds Friends.

Ava.......................................
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Just a picture perfect morning out here today!!! Sun is shining, birds are singing, it's 69 degrees, and life is good!!!! Supposed to get storms this afternoon, and a high wind warning is in effect. It's pretty breezy already.

Quiet in here so far. The guys got an email from the owner. They're going to start getting their commissions back. Starting with 50%. That's a good thing. They stopped the comissions in late 2008 when the economy tanked. So I hope that makes them a little more cheerful..... I won't hold my breath.

We got our big packet of taxes from the accountant in the mail Saturday. Have to open them and sign them tonight. $21,000.00....... Don't know what we owe the state. I don't wanna sign them, lol.

Well you all have a great Monday! Enjoy the gorgeous weather!!!
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:41 AM
CQR

Happy Monday all. Mike the 'rents are getting along. Not sure if pop will ever be the same. hes doing ok and carrying along on his own, hes just a little different than he used to be. Brain injuries are odd. Well, after snow this weekend, I'm ready for some drying out and warming up. I have a buddy looking at a '35 Dodge. I think someone around here knows a thing or 2 about those.

Have a great Monday all, I'm off to send another coon to meet his maker.
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon All!

Beautimus day here Almost HOT Temps are around 75 fer da moment and will climb to 85 by the time I get the lawn tractor to Hooterville and unloaded

Glad to hear everything is decent Clint. You bet I know a little something about '35 Dodges I know you don't see very many of them around. There was a really rough one at the swapmeet/car show the other week. Come from up north somewhere and you could tell the salt has eat it up from the underside up. It was "original" except for the rearend from what I could tell, but they only wanted $8,000.00 for it I've got a few pics but they are too big to upload for now. I'll downsize them later and there is a really nice '62 Dynamic 88 bubbletop that I'll have to post as well.

Jamesbo I may really sound like a youngster now but my Grandfather used to be the gunner in the front bubble in the B-17 during the World War II and the Korean "Conflict" He had his pilots license but I guess I'll never know why he didn't fly them. He left the Navy in '41 to join the Air Force and get his pilot's license. Hmm now I need to dig a bit in his journals he kept to find out the scoop

Well I can't sit here all day I've got to cut grass in Hooterville

Yall have a great day I'll check in later.
Old April 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Hi all....und Guten Tag..

Cold Day but no rain, near 10C°...

Debbie ReynOLDS is history..
Maybe next time I post Part II of the riddle..

Wish all a pleasant new week, with a song by good old boys from Düsseldorf !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j09hpp3AxIE

Udo
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Scot, Ya need to check sum'em again. The Air Force didn't start til 1947.

Speak'in of de Air Force. I saw on de news de utter day de B-52 is a 60 year old air plane. Imagine dat.

P.S. You're only one generation behind me. My Dad was in de Navy Air Corp during WW II.

Now can we get back to Babes again. I'm pretty sure Grace Kelly had one of dem Facel Vegas too.

Udo, "Your mission .............should you decide to accept it........."

Last edited by Jamesbo; April 16th, 2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spalling
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:24 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, Ya need to check sum'em again. The Air Force didn't start til 1947.
Hmm musta been da Army I know he went to the Navy and den went to flying planes wit da AF or Army and den got out an werked as a civil servant out at the AF base and retired from there in '85 I think. I recon I'll have to do some research like I said befo. Anywho he's the same cat dat bought the Cutlass Supreme to the left <<< brand new.
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM

I would guess dat he was probably in the Army Air Corps when it got sucked up by de new Air Force in 47.

FWIW The Army went from Brown shoes,holsters etc to black in 1956/57.

But I'm still stuck on Ava haven't a cig after our trist [In my dreams]
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

I would guess dat he was probably in the Army Air Corps when it got sucked up by de new Air Force in 47.
Dat would prolly splain it to a tee

But I'm still stuck on Ava haven't a cig after our trist [In my dreams]
Besides Barbara Eden fer da time frame, da Gabor sisters three always made me want a cigarette
Old April 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Always room for one more

My fave is still Sally Field. And I want Florence Henderson to be my mom.

So I'm driving in my G20 van, and for no reason and without prior indication it quits. So I coast into a school's parking lot instead of being broke down on the road. Cranks but no fire. Sound familiar? I think it's been parked next to the Rolls too long. AAA came to get it and now it's back home. I'm not even looking at it until tomorrow. At least it wasn't next week when I was half way to Florida.

So here comes rent-a-cop. What am I doing? The teachers are complaining and have the whole school on lockdown. I said really, it's after 5pm. No one can even see me where I'm at. I saw this guy driving past on the street in his Suburban and then make a quick turn in to the parking lot. Methinks he just wanted to play billy badazz. Whatever. I walked in the front door, which was unlocked, and told the student coordinator I would have the van gone in a couple hours. No worries.

Beautiful night here. It sprinkled rain here and there this afternoon but this evening it's so mild.

Hope everyone is having a good night. See you tomorrow.

Mike

Last edited by slantflat; April 16th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old April 17th, 2012, 04:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice mawn'in but spose to get wet

Mike, Sorry 'bout de Van. SALLY FIELDS? Ya probably envison her rid'in in your Trans Am. To me, She'll allway be de Fly'in Nun. Sorry not much to offer de men folk wear'in a habit wit a hat dats looks like she's related to Dumbo.

Scot, Sorry I can't agree wit your choice either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsmDJ...eature=related

Now Grace Kelly is sum'em else. Whar de heck is Pat to help me out wit dis discussion.

Don't tell anyone butt Blue's Favorite is Rosey O'Donald.
[Dat oughta bring Red Goat outa de closet.]
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:41 AM
CQR

Wow, I guess I don't have much to add to this conversation.

Have a good morning all.
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Chilly but sunny here today! No wind either, for a change. Heading towards 60 today.

Well we sent out the taxes. Our tax dollars at work.... so the secret service guys can go party. They ought to have a good time on our $21,000! Should take care of at least one of them, lol. Sorry, didn't mean to get political, but it really sucks.

So Jamesbo..... something - and I figure it was a coon - came into the breezeway Sunday night and tore open all my little seed starter pods with my seeds in them! Made a heck of a mess. Chomped each seed - guess it was too dumb to figure out they all tasted the same, lol. So I had to replant them again last night, and I sat the thing in the garage overnight and brought it out this morning.

I need Clint to come and do his thing with our coons, lol. B*stards!!!!!

Didn't hear from Don's yesterday. They were supposed to be doin the painting I wanted done yesterday, so I could get her today. I sure hope they aren't wasting time trying to figure out her paint color again. They did that 3 years ago, lol. Her trunk is original pinehurst green. Just paint the friggin thing!!! Hopefully I'll hear from them today. It's not supposed to rain until Thursday, I think.

Well you all have a great day!!
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All

Clear for now with temps in the low 70's, but supposed to rain later with temps in the low 80's.

Jamesbo, wow she was something huh?

Mike I've got a Chebby Van jest sittin on the brake rotors and drums that was runnin fine when my Dad parked it. So if there is anything on it you need just give me a shout and it's yours. I believe it is a G20 as well, about an '83 model Anywho his neighbors came to me whilst I was staring at it sittin on the ground an tells me "Oh your Dad said we can have the rims" Yeah right , and he said you could just drop it on the ground too huh? But what do you do? I plan to pull some stuff off of it before I scrap it, but I am in no hurry. Heck I'll make you a deal on the whole shebang super cheap too. It says 5 litre so I guess it's a 305 with a 700R4 trans. I do remember it did have overdrive.

Well I guess I'll check in later, gotta go eat
Old April 17th, 2012, 06:54 AM

Nice mawn'in but spose to get wet

Mike, Sorry 'bout de Van. SALLY FIELDS? Ya probably envison her rid'in in your Trans Am. To me, She'll allway be de Fly'in Nun. Sorry not much to offer de men folk wear'in a habit wit a hat dats looks like she's related to Dumbo.

Scot, Sorry I can't agree wit your choice either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsmDJ...eature=related

Now Grace Kelly is sum'em else. Whar de heck is Pat to help me out wit dis discussion.

Don't tell anyone butt Blue's Favorite is Rosey O'Donald.
[Dat oughta bring Red Goat outa de closet.]
i liked the gals of the 40's and 50' here is one of my favorites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MheNUWyROv8
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Glad you chimed in Pat, Des young whipper snappers don't like 'em less de gots tats.

Yep Lauren was hot as a $2 pistol. Let's not leave out Veronica Lake.
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:24 AM

Glad you chimed in Pat, Des young whipper snappers don't like 'em less de gots tats.

Yep Lauren was hot as a $2 pistol. Let's not leave out Veronica Lake.
yes she's quite the looker too. The dresses that women wore in the 40's and early 50's were just plain sexy the way the cling to the body. Like old cars the curves are just a whole lot better in those years.
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:32 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by citcapp
Like old cars the curves are just a whole lot better in those years.
I'll have to agree with you there Pat
Old April 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M660W...eature=related

Udo
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Did a little troubleshooting today and found the blue van doesn't have spark or fuel. My buddy tells me that if there's no spark, the fuel pump shuts down. Time to pull the distributor and have the pickup coil checked out, as well as the external coil. At some point after 1984 the big HEI distributor caps went away and the coil was mounted next to the cap.

Scot I'd take that deal. Trouble is I have no room for it right now. When you just can't stand to look at it anymore give me a shout. I love those G20s and am amassing quite a parts stash. I even have wheels to put on it so it will come-along onto my trailer better.

If we're comparing the hotties to classic cars, does that mean they are classics also? Clint there must be someone present or past that revs your engine. Like maybe Suzanne Somers before all those ridiculous excercise commercials?

Okay off to the parts store. No rain yet here, hope it stays away. It's my last day off and I'd like to get this van back together and maybe go out and have some fun. Ya like that last part ever happens.

Mike
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Well Mike the good thing is that it is in Hooterville so the TW doesn't have to look at it. But I'll hang on to it and won't pull anything off of it if your interested. No hurry either. It is outside and as far as I know there is no rust except for the surface rust on the discs and drums from sitting on the ground. Here is what the VIN decoder "told" me....

1985 GMC RALLY/VANDURA G2500

VIN:
1GDEG25H2F7504XXX

World region:
North America

Manufactured in:
USA

Year:

Make:
GMC

Model:
RALLY/VANDURA G2500

Body style:
Incomplete Chassis

Fuel type:
Gas

Cylinders:
8 Cylinders

Safety restraints:
Active(Manual) Belts

Standard options:
Power Steering

I guess it shows as an incomplete chassis since there are no back seats in it just the two buckets up front. I took pics the other day of the option sticker under the hood and it says Galaxy Blue Metallic and has tilt, chrome trim front and back, ps, ac, tinted glass (all), option sticker says 3-speed auto (could've swore it had overdrive ) 2.73:1 rear, 33 gal tank and had rally wheels , plus a few more. I can take some pics of it if you want just let me know.
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Always room for one more

Scot go ahead and raid it for what you want. Whatever is left I'll have a go at. Is it a conversion van? Maybe it came without the front seats. Sure, send a couple pictures when you get a chance.

Well the rain cometh, and the rain goeth. If that's all we're getting, whoopee!

I got the distributor and the coil out of the van. There were little chunks of rust inside the cap and inside the ring under the rotor. It spins freely so who knows. Tomorrow I'll head to the parts store.

So I don't remember if I told you guys the VIN on the Rolls doesn't match the title. There is one character that is wrong. So doing what was right when I found this out, I called the insurance company and changed it with them. Well the wonders of electronics immediately sent notice to the State that the VIN that was registered suddenly didn't have insurance, and now they are fining me 25 bucks for not maintaining insurance. Just goes to show no good deed goes unpunished.

And now the sun is back out. Think I'll just hang out with the puppies. Too late in the day to start anything new.

Mike
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Nothing really I need off of it Mike, it was if I scrapped it I would scavenge stuff that might prove useful to any of my many projects. Too bad I can't use the disc brake setup on my '67 stepside I'd just rather not scrap it and would much rather see it go to someone that could use it or parts off of it. No it isn't a conversion van and IIRC it had the blue bucket? (Captain?) seats in it factory but no seats in the back. I'll ride out tomorrow or Thursday if it isn't raining and snap a few pics for ya.
Old April 18th, 2012, 04:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, We got de cow on the flat rock go'in on dis mawn'in. Sho did need it so I ain't complain'in.

Planted sum Blue Lake pole beans yesterday [just to get the frigg'in Ground Hog out of his burrow]

Udo, "It's Headley"

Mike, Once when I had sum tag trouble, I got a cop buddy to come out and sign sum'em after he read the vin off de car. Seemed to straight'en things out pretty quick if I recall.

Since we're on the subject, I thought I might add one more pic to show de younger crowd what's de missed.
Old April 18th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy but a little bit of sun here. Temps in the 40's right now. It's a nice morning!

I got into work at 8:15 this morning - got stuck sitting in traffic on 91. They are FINALLY resurfacing it, at least down by the on/off ramps at 480. They've had signs up for weeks now, saying from April 16 through June 1st that night work would begin.
Well it was a mess this morning, I'll tell ya! They have signs up saying "RIGHT LANE CLOSED AHEAD".... Now, what part of that don't people get????? I was lucky someone let me over in the left lane, and we sat and sat and sat..... then here come the a-holes that evidently can't read signs, in the right lane, all thinking they're gonna squeeze in the left lane in front of us! Didn't happen! I didn't let one of them in front of me, lol. I figured they could sit just like we had to. That really makes me mad......... I only have one other way to get here without going down 91 all the way, and I'm gonna try it tomorrow. I'm sure everyone who sat this morning will be trying the same way, though. It will be nice when they're done with the road, it's needed fixed for years now. Teepo will be happy.

Speaking of Teepo, Rob called yesterday and said the painter got backed up, but she should be done today, so hopefully I can go get her later!

I am hoping my Olds membership card is in her..... I can't remember what I did with it. I looked all over for it last night. I need the number off of it so I can join the Ohio chapter, and I couldn't find it. Why it's not like in my wallet, I don't know, lol.

Jamesbo.... isn't it too early to plant the beans??? I've been putting my seed starter thingys in the garage at night and bringing them back out in the morning, so that critter doesn't destroy them again. I can't wait to plant! And fence.....

Well you all have a good day. I gotta get busy doin somethin, lol.

Search this Thread