The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2012, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in all

A little chili ere too.

Mike,

You ain't never gonna get on ROP the site is FUBAR

Need sum DRAMA in your life?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316AzLYfAzw
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:26 AM

Mornin all.. I had a nice Day.. (sort of ) Yesterday.. I got to drive the Jetstar Yesterday.. for the longest trip I have ever driven it.. even in the blowing wind it was fun.. too bad it was returning it to the owner's house and my chances of owning it have basically disappeared..
Now the hunt begins to find another nice olds I can afford. which right now is Nothing.. as the transmission in my Suburban is failing and needs to be rebuilt to the tune of more money than I have in my bank account.
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mawnin All!

A bit brisk today but it should fair up nicely, if the North wind would subside that is Anywho it should get into the lower 70's by this eve.

Mike, like Jamesbo says it is an act of congress to get on that site and it isn't as "family friendly" per se as the good ole C/O But if you want I can PM the feller and have him contact you if you like. Those Vistas aren't getting multiplying and in fact they are skyrocketing in value. Jest check fleabay an see what dey want fer dos

Whar's Blue? I recon someone got his goat

Well I guess I'd better get busy or something

Have a good'en yall
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo pushed us on over to pg. 107, lol! It's a cool frosty morning here. Temps still in the 30's but heading upwards. It was 31 early this morning. Burrrrrr.... heavy frost. Some of our roses ain't looking too good. Sun is out shining brightly though.

Well Teepo is safely at Don Sitts this morning!! How nice it was, driving her so early and smelling that old smell, lol. I love that smell... She did not like being out in the cold. I told her I understood. She has such a good heater!!

I made it in to work at 8:47, which wasn't too bad for the distance and the traffic over there and back. Went over my little list with Don's son Rob. Looks like we're supposed to have rain about every day next week, so getting her back will be a challange, lol. Don had a beautiful Stingray sitting in there. Bright orange, and just beautiful. He had a corvette up on the rack. All the racks were full. They are busy over there. Which is a good thing.

Keep trying those pics, Mike! You'll get it....

Have a great day all!
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM

morning all

How's everyone doing these days? Been working long hours the last two weeks and no time to get on the site. I'll catch up on whats going on with a little reading.

Got the 57 out of storage and all checked over and cleaned up. Cruising season has stared here so gotta be ready.

Have a great day all
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:24 AM

Almost forgot.

Happy Fort Sumter day
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Any of you members over on the H.A.M.B? I have a group of my own and would like to invite you in. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/g...hp?groupid=724 If you can't get in shoot me a PM through the H.A.M.B. site and I'll open the door for ya I have the same username there.
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

What's the HAMB??
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
"Car"mudgeon

It's a "traditional" pre '64 hot rodding web forum. Hokey @$$ Message Board is what it stands for. The main board is very brutal, but my group is what ever we make it. I tend to prefer 1972 and below but I like all cars as long as they are
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Captain Starfire

When I see "HAMB" I just want to add a "URGER" to it....
Oh, wait, no wonder, it's lunch tyme!
Old April 12th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Cutlass Lover

Lol! I was thinkin the same thing, John. Citcapp..... Welcome back! We missed you. It turned into a lovely day here. High 50s and sunny.

We got an invitation to the NY office for the 27th for a groundbreaking ceremony because they are going to add on to the new plant already. Steve is off that day, and Clay and Brian don't want to go, but I do. I checked with one of the office managers up there to see if Larry could come with me and she said it would be ok. So I will talk to him about it tonight. We'd have to leave like 4 am to get there by noon.... he won't like that part, lol.

I mentioned to Brian that maybe Larry could go up with me - I'd love to show off our steel and the new facility.... and he kinda said "that would be nice, but I'd hate for it just to be Clay and I here, as busy as it is". So now he has me feeling guilty. Poor fellow might have to work all day and not lean back in his chair and bullshi* with people on the phone all day. They have no qualms at all about all 3 of them leaving me here on my own, and I can't even sell steel, lol. So I'm gonna plan on going. Hel* with them, lol!

For Jamesbo.... Our owner said he was going to try to have a "shrimp/craw fish boil", there for lunch lol. He likes that stuff. That's what they had when we had the open house up there. I didn't like it. I ate a couple of the taters out of it. He said if he can't get that, he'd get fish for a fish fry. I'd rather have that, lol! I'm excited!!!!
Old April 12th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy doody!

Slept pretty good today. It's beautiful out now, but gonna be cold again tonight. At least no rain in the forecast.

Scot I emailed that guy with the Vistas through his shop's website. He gave me a pretty good description and he's gonna send me some pictures. Getting two cars that don't drive all that well out of the middle of Wisconsin and down to Georgia would be a logistical nightmare, but heck what fun is anything without a challenge.

I still can't get the pictures to work. I think they are too big. For whatever reason the pictures my camera takes are enormous and I don't know how to make them smaller.

Looking forward to the weekend. Since it's gonna be nice I'm planning lots of car work. And of course mowing. Maybe I can sneak a little fun in tomorrow before work.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

Mike
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds good Mike. There are carrier's out there that can deliver the cars to you, as a matter of fact there are several that advertise on the H.A.M.B. for so much $. Anywho if you e-mail the pics to me (scot1@windstream.net) I can re-size them for you. On your camera you can adjust the setting to where the pics will be 800 X 600 pixels which is perfect for most websites except for avitars and such.

Last edited by GAOldsman; April 12th, 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: forgot email addy
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Always room for one more

Here is a picture of the Rolls. It's one that was sent to me by the person I got it from.

I remember posting a picture of the yellow truck when I got it. I think I right clicked on the picture in the ad. Eh, whatever works.

Mike
Old April 12th, 2012, 04:25 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow that's nice Mike
Old April 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Today was a nice day. It has been nice and the temperatures haven't been too cold either all week, and the Delta has been parked the whole time. I decided to do something about that tonite. My Dad and I went for a drive to a nearby town after work today for dinner. It feels great to be driving MY car again.

Tomorrow is the second and last week of playoffs for bowling. I hope we can do better this week than last.

That is a nice car Mike.

Sandy, have fun at the groundbreaking!

Scot, I'll have to check out the H.A.M.B. I knew it was more for hot rodders, but if your group is open to anyone, I may just join. Well, that or go buy a nice Olds torpedo back to talk about (If only I had the money!)

Oh, and since the NHL playoffs are on, and my team is playing, and our captain just scored... GO SENS GO! (I hope I'm not breaking any "no sports" rule).

Last edited by car_designer; April 12th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 02:48 AM

Good evening all, little bit of rain on and off at the moment

Nice looking car mike

Have fun in NY Sandy, I didn't mind the place but im not a big city fan hopefully Teepo can get home ok without any weather issues

Good to hear the 57 is out Pat. Enjoy your cruising fun

The apprenticeships were posted at work today so I will apply again and see how it goes. It would be nice to get one so I can get off shift work, am so over it lol

Well I better start paying attention to this machine, it won't run itself unfortunately lol. Have a great day olds pals

Adrian
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:16 AM

Hi all..

a sunny and warm weekend faces here in Düsseldorf.

But first, here too, I`d like to say Thank you for all the
comforting words about the loss of my mom.. It really helps me.

At weekend here is a great season opener for OLDTIMER !
On Sunday I call in with my Cutlass..

Good day all...

Udo
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:25 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda like Mike said waether wise

Sandy, Go'in to a low country boil in New York City is kinda like go'in to a Bar-b-que in Amsterdam. De jes don't know WTF they're do'in.

I think John will vouch fer dis. Der is shrimp and der is SHRIMP. I feel de same way 'bout oysters an crawfish. De crawfish ya buy in de stow come from China an aren't worth a tinker's hurray.

IMHO, If ya ain't had a "Bon Secour" Oyster, ya don't have a clue what an Oyster is spose to taste like.

Mike,

Dat's a nice Rolls, I'd like to come down an jes sit in it. I ain't never sat in a Rolls befo. I wouldn't worry 'bout it runn'in, Jes park it in de front yard an impress all de neighbors.

Scot, Keeps recomend'in utter sites. But I ain't say'in nutt'in 'bout "Trash or be trashed" I do think W's site is cool. "Wild 'bout cars" If ya wanta read sum of de funniest car owners round, check out de Alpha Romeo forum. Guess ya gotta have a sence of humor to own on on dem POS.

Pat, Ya been werk'in too hard lately. Kick back an go broke wit me fer a while.

TGIF Olds Friends
Old April 13th, 2012, 05:41 AM
CQR

Good morning all. My sabbatical is over and I'm hopin to be able to venture back in here a little more. Sure seems like I get less and less done each day. Its getting really frustrating. Been busier than a cat covered in crap, and I don't have much to show for it. Lots to do at work, but no-one has any money to spend. We've been infested with coons at the shop.
Attachment 177033

I've been relocating them, but its gotten to the point that we need to just reduce the population.

But a box for a stereo for the olds. put a tach in and a power outlet too. so we can have some noise on our rips. a Previous owner had already cut the kick panels for some 5" rounds, so I put newer speakers in, Not much bass, but its better than the factory AM.

Attachment 177034
Attachment 177035

Hope everyone has a great day. and a good weekend. Calling for snow on Sunday
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Friday the 13th!

Another cool frosty one here, but sun is out and it's gonna warm up! Clay was supposed to be off today, but got so much work in yesterday that he came in this morning, left for a while to get some business taken care of, and will be back this afternoon.

Well it doesn't look like I"ll be going to NY. Larry said he probably won't be able to leave. He just got rid of a temp guy he had in working for him. Well the kid walked out or something. I don't know. I know I'd never work for Larry, lol!!! Nooooo way!!!

The accountant called Larry yesterday, and told him that we owe $21,000.00 in taxes this year! Talk about getting riled up over politics....... it was not a pleasant night at my house, lol. I couldn't believe it. You work sooooo hard - no days off - to have something in your life, and you have the bank calling every week to tell you to 'make more profit', then you're taxed like hell on what little profit you make! And that little bit of profit goes right back in to the business. It's not like you can just take it and spend it. You pay out the butt for crappy health insurance for your employees and it hardly covers anything.... It just really sucks. I really hope there is some "change" come November.

And to top it off, a couple days ago, Larry was saying that he's noticed his heart doing funny things..... like it's flopping around in his chest. I told him he better get it checked out. That led to the yelling about the health care and how a person can't afford to get sick cause insurance doesn't pay anything and it all ends up coming out of pocket, where there is no money to pay the bills! I told him that when he has a heart attack he'll wish he'd have went. I don't know. I'll keep nagging..... I do that well, lol!

Haven't heard from Don's about Teepo so I assume all is going well with her. I miss her. The garage was depressing last night, lol.

Well you all have a great Friday!
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Clint! Welcome back! We've missed you. Hope all is well. We've had the coons coming in to the house breezeway again, since the weather has been warming up. There was one out there last night. When I came out this morning, it had eaten the cat food again, and knocked off the stuff from the shelves we have out there. Last week one morning, the cat's rugs from in his house were pulled out and laying on the floor out there. He said "Oh mama..... I don't like this"! I agree..... comes a time when ya got to thin them out. There's been as many as four at one time out in the breezeway.
Old April 13th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Captain Starfire

You got it, Jamesbo....
"Dare's crawfish, and den dare's crawfish."
Don't judge all boiled crustaceans by sumpin' you eat (or don't eat) in N.Y.C., Sandy....
I'm still holding out home that we can convert you to one u' dem Ohio Cajuns . Save your palate for da' good stuff ... And don't forget to suck the heads!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Our owner said he was going to try to have a "shrimp/craw fish boil", there for lunch lol. He likes that stuff. That's what they had when we had the open house up there. I didn't like it. I ate a couple of the taters out of it. He said if he can't get that, he'd get fish for a fish fry. I'd rather have that, lol! I'm excited!!!!
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....I'm still holding out home that we can convert you to one u' dem Ohio Cajuns . Save your palate for da' good stuff ... And don't forget to suck the heads!

EWWWWWWWWWWWW..... I don't think so, John!! I ain't a eatin no 'crawcrabs',
lol.

Our owner lives in Texas, and I guess this 'boil' thing is one of his favorite things to eat. He would have the crawcrabs flown in fresh. That's how he does things. They had that boil stuff at the open house we had up there a couple years ago. I didn't like it, but all those Houston folks sure did, lol. Our plant is in Rome New York.
Old April 13th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all.

Clint, good to see you're back. How are the folks? That looks like a nice place for a stereo and will beat the pants off AM on a long trip. You've got coon problems like I have squirrel problems.

Jamesbo come on down and check out the Rolls. But be forewarned, I might put you to work. If'n you can't get it to run, it still needs a nice detailing.

Pat I'd love to just be able to go for a cruise. Nothing I have that is running at the present is cruise-worthy. Heck I can drive a regular car to work and call that a cruise. Somehow ain't the same.

Sandy does Larry drink a lot of pop or coffee? My heart did flip floppy things once several year ago. It was from too much caffeine and not enough sleep. That was an easy one. After cutting out the pop for a couple days everything settled down.

Udo that looks like a Facel Vega in the picture. Bizzare looking car. Hope things are going good with you.

Okay time for bed. Last night tonight, then four to myself. I'll tell you about the RV from he** later on.

Mike
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM

Mike,
think you´re right with the Facel Vega...

Udo
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well Rob from Don Sitt's called me a little while ago and said Teepo is all done except for the painting work I wanted done, and they hope to do that on Monday so I should be able to get her on Tuesday, weather permitting that is, lol. I miss her.

We got a little cost of living increase in our checks today, which was nice. Of course it just threw me in a higher tax bracket I'm sure. I was happy until I thought about it, lol. Don't think I'll tell Larry right now......

Linda got home from the hospital yesterday. Guess this new medicine is agreeing with her, so that's good. She's all confused now cause she takes 2 new pills and they did away with the one old one she has been taking for so long. She doesn't do change well. Tina got her all situated with the new meds though, so she'll do ok. She has to go next week to have an EKG done to see how her heart rhythm is doing. Her daughter Bobbi will take her. Tina will take her the first part of May back to the heart doc for a check up. I told them kids I just can't do all this anymore. So they have to chip in. It is their mother for heaven's sake! I sure have a lot of questions for my heart doc when I see him in June, after going through all this with Lin, lol.
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM

Afternoon

Perfect attendace post

Whar's everbody at [In the vernacular]
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Always room for one more

Good day, eh! I'm here. It's break time so I came in from working on the V8 Corvair. Actually I was just standing around looking at it, thinking of all the things I could do with it.

Gorgeous, gorgeous weather today. No wind, plenty of sun, perfect temp, the whole summer should be like this. I should mow today but I'm busy with the new car. I'm going to wash it here in a minute and clean out all the dust and gunk from it sitting for 14 years.

Sometimes at work when we feel like whoopin' it up, we put together a Low Country Boil and boy is it good. Shrimp, potatoes, corn, sausage, veggies, oh man is it good. We haven't done that in a while. Maybe I should suggest it. I think the next time we're supposed to have food is the end of May. The entire department has a big meal catered every year in honor of Charles Taylor's birthday.

Okay nothing else is new so it's back out to the driveway to get more acquainted with the car. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Mike
Old April 14th, 2012, 12:57 PM

How 'bout an engine pic Mike
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Always room for one more

Okay here you go. I'm not sure why this works for the pictures and the regular way doesn't, but I'll take what I can get.

The only thing I can see right off the bat is not having enough legroom to comfortably and safely drive the car. I'm not a tall guy but the engine sits really far forward. That black thing on the left is a racing seat, which I'd like to stay away from using because it's ugly, but once it gets closer to running I may have to face reality.

So! A quick bite for my supper and then back out!

Mike
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a kinda crappy day here today. Temps in the 50's, but cloudy, windy and rain on and off. I left here before 10 this morning to take Lin shopping, and got home after 6. We were tired! Long day.

Larry made steaks on the grill tonight. I can't chew them very well, so I ate very little. Had corn on the cob too, and I cut mine off the cob. It was good and juicy and sweet. Then I took a nice relaxing bath. Will do my cleaning and such tomorrow.

Jamesbo.... I bought a mater plant today. It's a 'big boy' or something like that. Supposed to get big sandwich type maters on it. I sat it out in the breezeway for now. I haven't seen any cherry mater plants out yet. Larry got some Roma mater seeds to start. I think I'll plant my green bean seeds tomorrow in the seed starter thingy. I can't wait to plant in my little space by the deck, this year!! I sure hope my plants will do good and I can fence it so the critters don't get in.

Well have a good night, all.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautiful day in de neighborhood.

Glad I don't live in de Great plains. Holly Smoke, I seen a pic on TV of 2 torandos in on spot.

Sandy, Good luck wit de maters. It's a little early fer ya. but if ya put sum plastic or wax papaer around de plant [over the dirt] it will warm de soil and you'll have better stronger roots.

Mike, Bet cha don't need a heater in dat thing.

Udo, I bought my Vista from a dude in California dat restores Facel Vegas. Only thing I know 'bout dem is Ringo Starr had one once [I think]

John, I jes finished up de bread yesterday wit a hot pastrami wit Swiss Cheese. Dat shore was good stuff -Tanks alot.

Clint, Ere's what I know 'bout coons. Scot may know a heep more. Coons kinda thrive in cycles. One year ya go by a mull berry tree and it's all eyes. De next year ya go by de same tree and thar ain't a coon in site. Rabies kilt dem all off. Jes one of dem things but be careful. Dem suckers can rip a dogs ears to pieces and de tend to have a bad temper [unless ya catch 'em real young. ]

GTG Got a family in need on de way.
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Well X2 on the beautiful day in the neighborhood as Jamesbo put it

I finally don't have to work on Sundays but now it's my only day off

Yup Clint those coons can whoop just about any dog if cornered. Just be careful, cause they can and will carry rabies. Remember if you see them in the daytime, chances are they are rabid

Mike that sure looks like a healthy mouse engine right there Just put several mufflers inline to quiet it down a good bit and you'll have yourself one heck of a sleeper. That thing reminds me of the old wheelstander "Hemi Under Glass"

Sandy you ought to try my steaks one day, they'll jest melt in your mouth. I hope your plants do well for you. I've yet to plant anything this year

Well I guess I need to get some stuff done, I've got two nephews coming over from the wife's side to come get a crash course in disc brakes 101 Too bad they don't get to learn on drum brakes 1st like I did

Yall have a great day
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:34 AM

Hi all..

The weahter forecast has lied, rain and thunderstorms today..
So my Cutlass stay in garage..

Jamesbo, well Ringo Starr driven a Facel, and here three other celebrities.
Maybe anybody knows them..
Enjoy to guess..

Nice Sunday

Udo
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I see Dean Martin I think And the other two I don't know
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM

I woulda bet Ava Gardner and Tony Curtis.

Udo, Is the old dude Pablo Picasso? Naw, I don't think he owed a tie?
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM

Scot, one point for DEAN, Jamsbo also one point for AVA...
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM

Scot, knows the dunks but not the HOT chicks.

Udo, I think I should get more points fer de hottie.

Is the dapper dude Christian Dior?
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Just got back from the Awful house. Now my day can start.

I like those Facel Vegas. I also know who the old dude is with the tie, but I ain't tellin'. Hint: he's a race car driver. I think a FV would look good sitting next to a broke down Rolls. You know what else I like are the Dual Ghias. I think Dean Martin had one of them, too.

So I'm off work, that means I have to mow. Nice day for it. Then it's out to work on the Corvair some more. Maybe I'll work on the Rolls. It would be nice to be able to drive it. Oh everything is a project.

Sandy you should get one of those tomato bags that hangs upside down. Don't remember what they're called but they grow rich, luscious tomatoes anywhere!

Okay time to do something. Everyone have a great day.

Mike